[SP-F11] Materials and a confided secret <<Nature's Treasure>>

Vigilon needed to get more materials for his shop. He heard of places on the eleventh floor that were full of materials, and monster-free environments, to boot. "Floor eleven garden, here I come." What else was there to do? He needed the materials badly... He knew that there were many forests in the eleventh floor, and dang it, he was going to find some materials to make tier two items with. He already had something in mind for Krysta, since she was approaching tier two, and would need a better weapon. Vigilon needed to find a decent tailor at this point, or he'd end up going nowhere. two of his items were tailor made... As he began making his way over, he would encounter someone who was waiting for him...

Curfaella didn't know why she was doing this. She could potentially risk everything...but she was vacation approved, in terms of her guild's current status. A break was nice every now and then...

Stats and equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  32
HP:  640
EN:  74(Base[64], Energist[10])

Damage: 14(Martial Arts Rank 5[+7], Veriost[+6])[Base DMG is 15 when using Sword Arts]

MIT: 18(Swift Endurance)

ACC: 1(Karri's Fang)

EVA: 1(Swift Endurance)

REC: 3(Swift Endurance[+2], Karri's Fang[+1])

Equipment:

[T1]Berserker Gloves(1 Taunt, 1 Bleed, 1 Paralyze)

[T2]Swift Endurance(1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)

[T1]Karri's Fang(1 Recovery, 1 Accuracy, +1 LD)

Skills:

Energist

Martial Arts Rank 5

Familiar Mastery: Fighter Rank 3

Meditation

Mods:

Ferocity(+1 base DMG when using Sword Arts)

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon would continue on to the path towards the garden once he teleported to the eleventh floor. He would practically make a beeline over there. He continued over through the path, realizing that not all of the antmen were automatically hostile. They would look over to him, but they wouldn't turn hostile, their cursors didn't turn red. Maybe they just wanted to be left alone? Vigilon wasn't in the mood for combat at the moment, so he would be completely fine. He would continue on, but when a cloaked player stood in his path, he became wary. "Why...are you just standing here? You waiting for some traveler to pop up or something so you can- wait, are you?" That same player from the Griffin Legion encounter, and that moment in the tavern when he realized Dazia was his cousin. The cloaked player would back up slightly, then begin taking off her cowl. "It's okay, I'm not here to harm you. It's against my guild's normal behavior to do this, but..." Vigilon would see Curfaella's face. He recognized her. "Tara???"

Curfaella:

Spoiler

Curfaella.png.7fde68478ca3577663b5843d24d2240b.png

Vigilon was completely shocked to see yet another player he recognized. Curfaella would raise her hand. "We need to talk, but not here. You're going to a garden, correct?" Vigilon would blink his eyes a few times. "Yeah...how did you know?" Curfaella shrugged. "Lucky guess. I often take this road to the same garden." The two players would travel to the garden together. Vigilon's search would begin once he entered the area. Right off the bat he found two ores sticking out of the ground. "I see these materials still follow the same ore meteor shower logic..." He said as he pulled out and collected the two materials. Curfaella chuckled. "I'm sorry, what?" She asked as she smiled from her laughter. "My best guess as to how all these ores just stick out of the ground is some kind of freak ore showers when no one is around." Vigilon answered.

ID# 123625 LD: 19+1=20(found 2 T2 Mats)

Mats gathered: 2/18(min. goal: 18)

Edited by Vigilon

Curfaella laughed pretty hard at Vigilon's words. "It's been a long while since I last laughed that good, I'll tell you that!" Vigilon was confused, curious, and concerned at the same time. "Why? This game do something to you? Also, why do you wear that cloak?" Curfaella would hesitate to answer. "I had almost lost all hope for a short while. This cloak is kind of my 'uniform' for my position in the guild I'm in." Vigilon pulled out two more ores as he pondered over this. "Hey, Tara, what kind of guild are you in? Is it a secret or something?" Curfaella would ponder over Vigilon's guess, for it was pretty close. "Actually...yes. If I tell you anything, you must promise to not say a word." Vigilon gulped. He didn't know what this would mean. "Um...I'm not sure if I would be ready for that...but then again, I already know Dazia's real name, as well as the fact that she's my cousin...I haven't told anyone else yet."

ID# 123626 LD: 15+1=16(found 2 T2 mats)

Mats gathered: 4/18

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon rummaged through the flora around the area, but found nothing. Curfaella would begin confiding when they began to move to a different area of the garden, for it seemed there was no one around. "Alright...first things first, before I speak of my guild...do you know of the name Hannah Grace?" Vigilon would shrug. "Never heard of her. I recognize the last name, though. She from my dad's side of the family? I've already met Dazia, and this Iago wacko." Curfaella's eyes widened. "Iago is here??"  She reacted. Vigilon turned to look at her. "Yeah, and he called my dad a traitorous runaway." Curfaella took a deep breath. "He's...strange, but he does have...a sliver of truth in there. Hannah Grace is my mother. Rebecca Grace was his. Your father, Xavier Grace, ran from the family's home with my mother...Alex, I'm your cousin, and so is he, like it or not."

ID# 123627 LD: 9+1=10(failed)

Mats collected: 4/18

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon fell on his back dumbfounded at this revelation. He would find nothing where he fell. "That's like, four Graces. Are they really part of the same family? Xavier, William, Hannah, and Rebecca?" Curfaella nodded her head. "You pretty much listed all four of the Grace children. Two kept their last names, but our parents did not. The four were split into two sides. William and Rebecca on one side, Xavier and Hannah on the other. Uncle William was more of a self-protector, siding with his family to keep their approval. Aunt Rebecca...is just as strange as her son, Iago. Of course, I will comment that her unusual behavior had possibly been the cause of her husband leaving her. She's become more...sultry as a result." Vigilon listened carefully. "Aunt Rebecca sounds like she's just lonely." He commented. Curfaella raised her index finger, but lowered it. "You...do have a chance of being correct right there. That is a valid point, I never met her until Uncle Damien left her."

ID# 123628 LD: 9+1=10(failed)

Edited by Vigilon

Curfaella would continue her explanation. "Uncle Xavier always thought that his parents were unusual, and kind of driven to ideals that weren't the best... so he left. My mom thought that they were kind to her family, but her family only, and she uncovered dark secrets about them. Secrets so dark, they were practically evil. I don't know what she found, but she assassinated our grandfather, and fled with Uncle Xavier." Vigilon was too busy listening to properly search, for he found nothing. "Wait, she killed our grandpa? That's messed up." Vigilon noted. "Not as messed up as what our grandparents did, according to her." Curfaella stated. "After fleeing, they had no choice but to form new lives all by themselves, with what little they had on hand, and the shirts on their backs, pretty much nothing more. Then they met the Silver family. That's how your father met your mother, Alex."

ID# 123629 LD: 4(failed) REEEEE

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon almost forgot that he was searching at this point, for some freaking reason, probably because this conversation was getting waaaaay deeper than he thought. "So wait, I wasn't told much about how mom and dad met, so you can assume I don't know much about it." He commented. Curfaella would continue her explanation. "The Silver family was willing to take them in, and give them a place of refuge." She chuckled and smiled before her next words. "It didn't take very long for Uncle Xavier to get a crush on Aunt Serena, he confided that to mom fairly quickly." Vigilon rolled his eyes and threw up his hands. "Oh, I see how it is, just because he's a guy, and she's a pretty girl, it was only a short time for feelings to develop." Curfaella smirked as she asked him a question, one hand on her hip. "Did it take very long for you to crush on Krysta?" Vigilon would respond quickly, destroying his previous point. "No, of course it took only a short time, I'm a guy and she's a pretty girl with a wonderful personality."

ID# 123630 LD: 2+1=3(Failed)

Edited by Vigilon

Viglion tried to go back to searching, but, well, there didn't seem to be any ores sticking out of the ground. "Maybe I should try another area." He thought aloud, scratching his head as he did so. This was a pretty vast garden. All kinds of flora were everywhere, could there be ores hidden under some of them? This garden was clearly a natural one, for it wasn't exactly organized as a garden under control would be. The players would walk over to the next section of the garden, and Curfaella would begin plucking berries from the bushes. Vigilon would request something before Curfaella had a chance to speak. "Hey, can we end the family discussion here? My head's already about to explode from all that exposition on my dad's history...and the apparent murder Aunt Hannah committed..." He wasn't interested in hearing much more about any of this. He only half-believed it when Maaldus told him, but for Curfaella to reveal this to him was both a confirmation that the knowledge was legit, and a hammer made from a ton of bricks to his face.

ID# 123631 LD: 8+1=9(failed) reeeeeeeeeeee

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon would poke through the flora, and uncover a chunk of ore that was sticking out of the ground. That was five materials, but he needed more.

Curfaella would then ask, "In that case, would you like to know some things about my guild? Remember though, if I tell you anything, you have to promise that you'll keep it a secret!" She put a hand on Vigilon's shoulder, and look him directly in the eyes. "I'm serious about this. We are sworn to secrecy, so only those we can trust to keep secrets can know!"

Vigilon stood there, wide-eyed. "I...I think I can. I haven't spilled any information on Violet as of yet, so I think I qualify. Although, wouldn't the Griffin Legion also be speaking of you? They seemed to recognize you..." He would admit. He came here for materials, but it seemed he was getting confidential information here....at least he was involved in it, or it wouldn't have made any sense for her to say anything.

ID# 123652 LD: 13+1=14(found 1 T2 Mat)

Mats gathered: 5/18

Edited by Vigilon

Curfaella would look down to the ground, as if she already knew what that meant. "Yes...they know about us...they just haven't been very active until now, and they seldom spoke of us. You didn't take what that Leyran said to heart, did you?"

Vigilon was confused. "Why would I? He was a wacko who wanted me dead." He stated. He looked around, but didn't see any ores.

Curfaella made eye contact with him again. "That's nice to know...We aren't entirely as he claims. For a long time, we used to think that we were dead, that it was just our avatars that were alive, taking our forms, to boot. We discarded our real names, and stuck to our usernames indefinitely...our new selves' names. Our guild is divided into many groups. However, all but one group is less secretive than us. Of course, they do not spill any secrets on us ourselves. I'm sure you've met four from such groups...entirely my fault, I was scared..."

ID# 123653 LD: 6+1=7(failed)

Mats gathered: 5/18

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon, once again, was confused. He found another ore, and pulled it out of the ground. Once the material was in his inventory, he would ask, "What do you mean?"

Curfaella looked down again. "The four you encountered in that tavern in Florenthia...I sent them." She admitted.

Vigilon blinked. "Wait, those four odd players in white...you were the one who sent them? That's...I don't know what to think of that...but you said you were scared, so I'm not gonna judge you about it." He would pat Curfaella on the shoulder, as if to reassure her. "I'm sure you had your reasons...however...they called you 'The Cursed One'. Why do they call you that? Is that your title or something?" He asked. Why were all these strange things happening? Why was all the crap happening now? He wasn't high enough level to handle it, and he was just starting to get his build in line!

ID# 123654 LD: 11+1=12(found 1 T2 mat)

mats gathered: 6/18

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon rummaged through some flora, but there were no ores to be found. It seemed that Curfaella was hesitant to answer. "You all right, Tara?"

Curfaella nodded. "Yes, I'm fine...That is my title in the guild. I am among the guild's best. There are twelve of us, and we all are at a rank that is directly under our leader. These cloaks, our leader wears such a cloak. He's...not in the best mind, but he seems to have some kind of hope deep within...but for what, I'm really not sure. I'm not as connected with the others in my division as I could be..." She explained. Although what she said was true, there was a sliver of a lie in there, for there was one who she could actually connect with...

Vigilon tilted his head to the side. "That's your...guild title? That...sounds kind of dark, don't you think?" He asked.

ID# 123655 LD: 5+1=6(failed)

Edited by Vigilon

Curfaella appeared to be thinking about it. "Well, it made sense back then, when we were almost without hope. This game has changed us all, some of us for the worse..." She noted. "I don't like it anymore, but I brought it upon myself."

Vigilon rummaged through the flora again, and again, nothing was found. He stood up, and scratched his head. "Alright, so it looks like I'm gonna have to move a bit again...Anything else you want to confide, or is that topic done here?" He asked.

As the two were talking and searching, another player was in the area. "Hehehe...so she is willing to confide a few things with him... It is currently fine, we were intrigued by the boy's progress, anyway..."  The cloaked player would continue to watch, wondering what would happen next. Would Curfaella continue to confide, or would the secrets stop being revealed? She would wait and listen...

ID# 123657 LD: 3+1=4(failed)

Edited by Vigilon

Curfaella seemed to ponder for a short moment. "I guess we could stop here. You did say that your head was about to explode from the earlier information that I revealed to you, so maybe this should be enough for a while..." She suggested.

Vigilon would think about how he should answer Curfaella as he moved on to the next spot. He would find two ores sticking out of the ground. As he pulled them out, he would respond with, "Yeah, I think that's enough for me... Any good times we can talk about instead?" To end or continue the conversation on some happy notes would be great. If there was one thing he wouldn't need in this game, it was angst.

The cloaked player smirked as she continued to watch the two players' actions. So they would end the topic of secrets there... It was...surprisingly disappointing. She actually wanted to hear more of what might be said. Then again, she wasn't on any mission, so she could do as she pleased.

ID# 123658 LD: 16+1=17(found 2 T2 Mats)

Mats gathered: 8/18

Edited by Vigilon

Curfaella was in the thinking position. "Well, I guess... Why don't you go first? I honestly don't have very many good times that I can share..." She suggested.

Vigilon returned to searching as he thought about what he could speak of. He found nothing, but he had plenty of info to go off of in terms of the conversation. "Good times, crazy times, I got a couple, no, several of those, my life wasn't all whack since dad died...anyway, a ton of things had happened since middle school, so that leaves quite a few years." He stated. "I met some new people. Amelia Belle, Katrina Lily, Dennis McRoy, and Thalia Fields. They all have their good times and bad times, virtues and flaws, not to mention crazy quirks." He explained. "As you already know, Allen's got his nickname habits. Amelia cares nothing about rule of law...well, almost nothing. She's got a moral compass, but that won't get her very far without a sense of caution..."

ID# 123660 LD: 3+1=4(Failed) Reeeeeee

Mats gathered: 8/18

Edited by Vigilon

Curfaella decided that Vigilon sharing this would be a fair and positive exchange for all that she'd told him. "Go on..."

Vigilon picked up another ore and stashed it into his inventory as he thought of what to say. He stood up and made eye contact with Curfaella, ready to explain more. "Katrina has a few minor quirks, such as preferring a mage when playing RPGs, trying to figure out who likes her, and maybe one more... Dennis is a surprisingly intimidating DM, but that's probably because his decisions can make the difference between a character's life or death... Thalia is serious when she wants to be, but otherwise she's a bit wild, and a slight prankster...but a large-scale, major prankster when plotting with Amelia, who happens to be her best friend...have you heard of the reservoir incident?"

The cloaked player continued to watch and listen. If Vigilon's friends were in this game, she could potentially use this information to her advantage...

ID# 123661 LD: 12+1=13(found 1 T2 Mat)

Mats found: 9/18. 50% of minimum mats found

Edited by Vigilon

Curfaella's eyes widened. "Wait, she had something to do with the reservoir incident??" She exclaimed.

Vigilon nodded his head. "Yep, she sure did. I saw Amelia and Thalia plotting, and I knew exactly what to do. I managed to convince mom to take a week off of work, and we went on vacation, one of my smartest moves ever. When we came back, the reservoir incident had passed, and the two came up to me, saying I totally missed it. I simply replied to them that I was too smart to just ignore the fact that they were plotting this at all. They laughed and decided that that would be a fair response to their city-wide prank, too." Vigilon saw something practically buried in the ground. He began trying to pull it up, but when he finally did, a watermelon rocketed out of the ground, soaring about eleven feet, and landed on his head, a collision that was rough enough to deal a few points of damage. Vigilon pulled the melon off his head with an unimpressed look on his face.

ID# 123663 LD: 1 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by Vigilon

Curfaella was suppressing a smile over Vigilon's latest blunder. "Are, are you ok?" She asked.

Vigilon's unimpressed expression remained unchanged. "Yeah, just wonderful." He answered, in a sarcastic tone, of course. Instead of continuing his search, he pulled a rag out of his inventory and cleaned up his face...then he pulled out another rag to clean up the rest of his head. With plenty of melon guts and juice to clean off, he needed a total of three rags. When that was done, he looked over to Curfaella. "Well, glad you found that amusing, I hope I won't be doing that again." 

The cloaked player did all she could to not laugh at Vigilon's latest accident. She managed to keep it down to a snicker, and would continue to watch the players closely. "He is...actually a bit amusing to watch...hehehe... I never knew he was prone to accidents like this..."

ID# 123671 LD: 7+1=8(failed)

mats found: 9/18

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon was tired of what just went down, so he decided to look for anything else one more time, and call it a day. He looked around, but there was nothing in sight. He sighed, and bid farewell to Curfaella. "Well, I guess that'll be all for today... Bye, Tara, I hope I'll see you again later on..." He would leave the garden, and begin making his way back to the safe zone. What a day this had been so far...

Curfaella waved bye to Vigilon. "Bye, Alex, I hope to see you again soon as well!" She called out. Once Vigilon was gone, the cloaked player would come out of hiding. "Well now, Curfaella, this is quite an interesting way for you to spend your vacation..." She commented. Curfaella would turn around, startled. "Wah! G-Gildera?? How long were you here??" She asked. Gildera would smirk. "Long enough to hear the whole conversation. Worry not about secrecy, I already know he can keep secrets... The barmaid in the tavern, back in Florenthia? That was me, cleverly disguised, I might add." She admitted. Things were likely to get out of hand from here...

ID# 123672 LD: 5+1=6(no chest T_T)

Summary:

Vigilon receives 1 SP, 400 col and 9 T2 Mats

Edited by Vigilon