[PP-F11] Clarence and Coredlia [ Nature's Treasure ]

"I don't even know why I bother after what happened with me and Hestia, yet here I am." Clarence muttered lowly to himself and walked the path he was on. After leaving the confines of the beginning city, he decided to travel along some paths within the overgrown ruins. He didn't know exactly what he was looking for, if her was looking for anything in particular, but he decided to go till he saw something that he found interesting. Noot stayed in his cloak's hood, watching intently for anything that the small bird might find. Unfortunately for the pair, neither of them were able to find anything for the moment. "Should I have found someone to explore with? Probably... Will I? Probably not." He laughed softly and shook his head. He reached back and picked up Noot, giving him a soft squeeze. I can't believe my anxiety is so bad that I can't go for a G*d D*mn walk without needing my emotional-support Penguin. His own thoughts attacking him as he took a moment to pause, looking over the ruins he found of what used to be a settlement. Got to give it to them, the game sure can make you feel like everything is real... 
ID: 123899  LD:  2 + 4 = 6 [No Mat Found]

[Clarence][HP: 400/400][EN: 40/40][Chest Opening LD: +5][LD: +4][Environmental Immunity][Stealth Detection: +2][Dim Light/Darkness Effect Negation][DMG: +1][EVA: +1][ACC: +1][BLD: 8-10 BD, 12 DMG, 2 Turns]

@Cordelia

Edited by Clarence

Cordelia picked away at the tufts of grass that rested next to her. She was feeling emptier than usual today, and she didn't know why. Why? She sighed and placed her hands in her laps with a small frown. She thought she could get some alone time in the courtyard but maybe that wasn't the best action to do when she was currently feeling like this. "It's just a mood," she muttered dully to herself. "It'll go away before the end of the day."

The fell back on to the grass with a muffle thud. It was too early to be feeling like crap. Way too early. 

A soft laugh made her bolt straight up. Why was she so startled? She was in a courtyard for Pete's sake! She shouldn't feel afraid here, right? 

Cordelia twisted her head to where she had heard the laugh come from. She visibly relaxed when she saw that it was just a regular player with a... penguin? Hypothetical hearts appeared in her eyes as she watched the two quietly.

Wait- that was weird. 

Spoiler

LVL: 22 | HP: 440/440 | EN: 44/44 | 9 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 SAVVY | 2 KEEN

Inventory:

☆ T1 Rapier | Star Saber: 3 DMG

☆ T1 Light Armor | Coat of a Husk: 2 EVA, 1 SAVVY

☆ T1 Jewelry | Aura Sensors: +1 EVA, +2 KEEN

Battle Ready: 

[5] Standard Healing Potions [Heals 50 HP]

Consumed:

☆ R5 Rapier Skill: [+5 DMG/+1 BASE]

☆ Disguise: [Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn]

☆ Survival: [Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental attacks/effects.]

Consumed:

While Clarence walked along the path, he began to reminisce about his life before he shut himself away from the world, and who we could of been now if he would have stuck with it and powered through his pain. He gave a light shrug, knowing that he wont ever know what he could be. I wonder how Lowenthal was after everything happened... I wonder if he still hated me before he died. I wonder if Zelrius and Ssendom thought of me before they passed away.... God I can't be thinking like this, this will only put me back into the Inn I was holed up in. I need t- His train of thought was broken when he heard a soft 'thud' coming from somewhere nearby. He quickly got low to the ground and drew his dagger, not trusting whatever it might be. "H-Hello?" He called out, and then cursed himself for stuttering when he was trying to sound threatening. He slowly approached where he found the noise, and peered around. He didn't see anyone yet, but that didn't mean no one was there.

ID: 124016  LD: 6 + 4 = 10 [ No Mats]

@Cordelia

Edited by Clarence

Cordelia sniffed as she peered out from wherever she was. "Apologies, I didn't mean to frighten you," she giggled, bounding over to him with her usual happy-go-lucky grin. "That was the least of my intentions," the girl explained as she bowed apologetically to him. 

"I just couldn't help- uh," she scratched the side of her cheek meekly as she gave him an awkward smile, "- I couldn't help but notice your familiar. He or she is very adorable..." she trailed off, her eyes glassing over for a few heartbeats before snapping back to reality. "I'm not used to seeing familiars that cute in a world like this. but it is a nice reminder that we can still have nice things."

"It's rude of me to so suddenly start to talking like that," she exclaimed, her expression drooping a little bit as she offered her hand to him. "My name is Cordelia. I'm deeply sorry if I made you uncomfortable in any way."

ID: 124077

LD: 11, +1 Materials

Total Materials: 1

Clarence stumbled back a little bit as she popped out of where-ever she was sitting at. Clarence took a couple steps back and sheathed his dagger. Noot gasped in surprise and cowered back into Clarence's hood. "S-Sorry for disturbing you. I didn't mean to intrude in whatever you are doing." He blushed and looked down at the ground. When Cordelia mentioned Noot, he sighed softly and smiled a bit. He reached back into his hood and pulled out the fluffy bird. He held him close to his chest, and Noot slowly peered out and smiled, giving a small wave and going back to Clarence's chest. "Sorry, he's become a little shy over the years." Clarence stroked the bird's back. "And no! You're perfectly okay, I'm just not used to, well, people being around." He shrugged a bit. "I'm Clarence by the way. May I ask what brought you out here?" He asked, and Noot quickly hoped out of his arms. The penguin ran into the forest for the moment, gave out a few soft Noot Noot! The penguin came running out with two small items, and held them up for Clarence. "O-Oh. Thank you Noot. Sorry, he's a Loot Familiar, and he loves to find materials."

ID: 124109  LD: 14 + 4 =  18

[ 2 Mats - Clarence, 1 Mat - Cordelia ]

@Cordelia

Edited by Clarence
  • 3 weeks later...

"Oh, it's really not a problem," she hummed casually, crossing her arms over another as she cast him a bright smile. "I wasn't really doing much of anything anyway, so you interrupted nothing."

"Me?" She repeated, scratching the back of her head with a perplexed expression before shrugging. "I don't know, really. I sort of lose thought whenever I do nothing for a period of time," she sighed in defeat. "Sometimes it's a blessing and a curse, but I'm pretty sure I was going to go gathering for some stuff. I don't particularly know why since I don't even own a shop-- but why the heck not?"

"Noot?" She mused, watching as the penguin waddled quickly back to him. "That's a cute name," she remarked, smiling softly at the penguin familiar before averting her eyes back to who she was talking to. "I didn't know familiars could get that adorable. It's really quite interesting," she snickered lightly.

ID: 125130

LD: 1

Total Materials: 1

• 4 weeks later...

Clarence smiled warmly at the woman and nodded. "Yeah... I suppose I was out here to, well, be out here. I do not get out very often, and it's been difficult in the past to leave the buildings and inns I was accustom to frequenting. This is, I suppose, a step forward for me.." His voice trailed off as he realized he overshared. "S-sorry.. I tend to talk a lot when meeting new people." His blush worsened and he tried to focus on anything else that could steal his attention away from what was transpiring at the moment. Luckily for him he was able to find something else to distract himself, and picked up two pieces of rock, which read as material within his HUD system. "O-Oh nice, two more!" He smiled and forced the conversation away from the talk of his agoraphobic episode. "So Cordelia, do you happen to be apart of any guilds? I can only really recall the Holy Dragon Alliance as existing, but I think that guild started to break apart as members of it lost interest, but I'm always curious to hear about any others that are out there!"

@Cordelia

ID: 127941 LD: 16 + 4 = 20 2 Mats

[ 4 Mats - Clarence, 1 Mat - Cordelia]

Edited by Clarence