[PP-F5] Arabian Nights, 1. [Cordelia, Oscar]

"I think I remember Telrenya mentioning this quest at least once, I wonder how difficult it is, she never said." He frowned a little, trying to remember back. After a moment of unsuccessful contemplation, he began to walk a bit farther through the fifth floor. She mentioned something about a tavern, a sad dude, and some fighting. Man... this sounds extremely like the last time I was in the desert with Ryo and Teion… Wow I've grown a lot. He shook his head with a smile and approached the tavern he thinks it might be at. "Wait, lets get a party to do this. No idea how difficult this will be." Spencer looked around and found a place to put party invites. He walked over and put out a basic add requesting 1-3 other players to assist him in the quest. "Okay, that should work, I'm not sure if anyone will come RIGHT now, so maybe I should just wait?" He muttered to himself and sat down on a bench nearby. He reached into a pocket on his short cloak and pulled out his penguin, making sure he's okay. Noot looked up at Spencer and gave a slight wave, sitting on his lap, and looking out for anyone who might come near.

[Spencer][HP:540][EN:54][DMG: 4][MIT: 74][Thorns: 36 DMG][ACC: +1][REC: +1][REG: +1]
Equipped:
+2 Thorns Armor - Equipped
+1 Accuracy Ring - Equipped

Perfect Shield (1 Recovery, 1 Regen, 9 Mit) - Equipped

@Pinball@Cordelia@Oscar

Edited by Spencer
Spoiler

Oscar
Level 28 | 560 HP | 56 EN | 14 DMG | 41 MIT | 2 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

[EQUIPPED GEAR]
<<Yukianesa>> 3x DMG
<<Librarium Overcoat>> x3 EVA
<<Plated Azure Tights>> +36 MIT, +1 RECOVERY

[SKILLS & MODS]
Curved Sword r1
Katana r5 [+7 DMG]
Katana Mod: Ferocity [+1 DMG WHEN USING KATANA SWORD ARTS]
Familiar Mastery: Accurate r2. [+2 ACC]

Oscar didn't know why he came to Floor 5 of all places. He absolutely hated the desert with a passion. But, here he was, braving the heat once again. As he passed a bench, he noticed that the man sitting upon it had placed an ad looking for party members to do a quest. He accepted the ad without hesitation. He was always down to do a good quest! Spencer was the name of the player. Oscar sat down on the bench next to him and stretched out, Leeroy and Jenkins curling up next to him. "So what quest are we doing?" Oscar inquired. He really hoped that it wasn't <<The Traveler>> or <<Blood in the Sand>>. One, he'd already completed those quests. Two, he didn't want to go out into the sands and deal with all that nonsense again if he really didn't have to. But, Oscar was a kind, generous soul. He'd help if he was asked, but he wouldn't like it. He'd probably constantly complain too.

Cordelia grudgingly threw her hair over her shoulders as she groaned inwardly. It was too early to be in the desert.

"Gain some levels, he said," she mimicked, frowning. "It'd be fun, he said," she narrowed her eyes as she kicked a small pebble away from her. "Floor five is perfect, he said!" 

Why did she listen to that broker? 

Cordelia blinked as another mop of familiar blonde hair entered her vision. Great, now she could suffer with someone else! Cordelia threw herself onto the bench and pouted. "Awe, are you dying here, too? Don't worry, buddy, we'll make it through this heck together!" She beamed just as Pacco squawked in agreement... on her head. She hoped that he wasn't building some type of nest on her hair... that would not be okay. For some reason, he's taken an unusual likeness to that particular spot, and she had no idea why.

Spoiler

LVL: 21 | HP: 420/420 | EN: 42/42 | 9 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 SAVVY | 2 KEEN

Inventory:

☆ T1 Rapier | Star Saber: 3 DMG

☆ T1 Light Armor | Coat of a Husk: 2 EVA, 1 SAVVY

☆ T1 Jewelry | Aura Sensors: +1 EVA, +2 KEEN

Battle Ready: 

[5] Standard Healing Potions [Heals 50 HP]

Consumed:

☆ R5 Rapier Skill: [+5 DMG/+1 BASE]

☆ Disguise: [Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn]

☆ Survival: [Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental attacks/effects.]

Consumed:

Spencer was minding his own time, however two strangers fell on to the bench and started talking to him. "Oh! Jeez hi sorry, I was spaced out and didn't even notice yo- Oh hi, I didn't notice you either." He laughed a bit and rubbed the back of his head. The penguin he had in his lap smiled and waved at the two of them. Spencer went through his inventory and noticed the man had accepted his party invite, going by the name "Oscar." "So I'm guessing you're Oscar, I'm Spencer. And you are?" He looked over at the woman and cocked his head a little to the left. After a moment, he realized he hadn't even responded to Oscar's remark. "Oh! Yeah sorry, I'm going to be doing the Arabian Nights quest, and was looking for some people to help, I was told it wasn't too terrible, but again I haven't done many quests so I wouldn't know for sure." He shrugged and closed his inventory. "You are more than welcome to come along if you would like." He said as he looked over at the woman next to him.

@Oscar

"Hey Cordelia!"

Oscar and Cordelia had spent so much time together over the past few weeks that he could easily pick her out of a crowd at this point. He ran up to her, a wide grin on his face. Before he could say anything, however, Spencer offered for her to tag along on the quest that they were doing. Having Cordelia along would certainly speed things up. "We're doing Arabian Nights. It'd be great to have you come along." Truthfully, Oscar didn't know how Spencer would handle himself in battle. While he felt confident in his own skills, having Cordelia along would be that extra safety net to prevent any of them from getting into any real trouble. Oscar didn't know what to expect with this quest. He hadn't done it yet, nor had he inquired about it at the Information Brokers. He didn't want to go into something blind without a cushion to fall back on.

"Hello," she greeted, nodding her head to both of them with a cheery smile. 

"Apologies," she chuckled, rubbing her neck sheepishly. "My username is Cordelia," she beamed, outstretching her hand to Spencer. "Nice to meet you!" Great! Another person added to her list of future friends! 

"Of course," she placed her hands in her lap and grinned. "I haven't gotten out in quite a while. I don't know what I've been doing for the past few days..." she trailed off before hopping to her feet. "It sounds fun! I'd love to join." 

She was quiet for a bit. Why was that? She didn't know, why were you asking her?! It was... odd. Well, it's not like she could help it, anyway. 

"Anyway, we should go before we waste any more time! Let's go!" She chirped. Without waiting for a response from the other two, she bounded over to the meeting place.

Spencer took Cordelia's hand and smiled warmly at her. "Nice to meet you Cordelia. And I'm glad you'll join, I have very little damage output so It'll be nice to have the two of you to help fill the void." He chuckled a little bit and looked at the pair. "Well, shall we go and talk to the guy? I believe he is right in here." Spencer stood up, holding his Penguin close to his chest, and setting off for the bar, also making sure the two of them are following behind.

Spencer wandered up to the NPC he was told took care of assigning the quests. Spencer got close enough to trigger the conversation encounter. "Hello, why aren't you drinking with everyone else?" He asked and cocked his head to one side a little. The man begins to explain a strange tale of wonder and danger. ”It all began with a couple of words” he says on a slip of a tongue quickly getting nervous as he realized what he revealed until now. The man paused for a moment, and then looked up at Spencer. "Could.. Could you save my brother?! He is trapped there with a band of thieves, I can't save him myself, but if you could... I can offer you gold!" The man looked desperate, and then a quest icon popped up. Spencer nodded, looked at the other two, and hit accept.

@Oscar

The prompt appeared for Oscar as well as the man's dialogue finished. Oscar hit accept. He was ready to jump into it. He consumed a Focused Chili Dog and an Edge Shard to boost up his damage. Those thieves sounded pretty nasty. He wanted to be able to drop them as quickly as possible. He hoped that with his damage, a single <<Amatsu no Homura>> would be sufficient to bring them down. He turned back to Spencer and Cordelia. "Before we get started, here." He combined two Hearty Meals into a Lesser Feast. Four portions of Mitigation food were laid out before them on the table. "Mitigation food. Just in case this starts to go South." One portion would go to waste, but that was okay. At least they would be able to take a little extra damage and be a little safer for this quest. He scarfed down one of the portions and left the other two on the table, waiting for Cordelia and Spencer to eat them.

FOCUSED CHILI DOG CONSUMED +2 DMG, -20 MIT
EDGE SHARD CONSUMED +2 DMG
HEARTY FEAST CONSUMED + 20 MIT

Spoiler

Oscar 560 HP | 56 EN | 18 DMG | 41 MIT | 2 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

She knew he wasn't a person and was basically just made up of ones and zeroes, but she pitied the guy. Who wouldn't? Just looking at the state he was in made her mood drop. 

"Tough," she mumbled, shooting Ali a pitiful glance before turning her back to him to face Oscar and Spencer. 

Cordelia took a side glance at the food displayed on the table and shook her head stiffly.

She didn't feel hungry. 

"I'm good," she sniffed, turning her head away to examine more of the people at the tavern. Drinking. Laughing. Being normal humans. Can't relate. 

"This quest isn't too hard. I reckon I'll be fine," she sighed, rubbing the corner of her eyes with her hands as she turned back to her party members. "Feel free to eat it yourself, though, Spencer," she quipped, nodding her head to the food as she gave Spencer a small smile. 

• 1 month later...

HEARTY FEAST CONSUMED + 20 MIT

Spencer smiled happily and ate the food that Oscar produced, thankful for any buff he could run into. "Thank you very much, that was very sweet of you, especially considering we have just met." He turned from the NPC and began the trek to the beginning of the quest, not very sure of what he is going to be getting himself into. "So, considering we shall be questing together, why don't you tell me a bit about yourselves. I'm Spencer, a beginner tank being very very loosely trained by Hestia, she's one of the tanks on the front lines. I'm apart of the Holy Dragon Alliance, but that guild hasn't really been that active in ages, so I don't expect much to come from that. But other than that, I just have a cute penguin." He holds Noot, who waves to the other two players. "How about you two, Cordelia and Oscar? I get the sense you two already know each other? Or am I just that bad at reading people?"

@Oscar

[Spencer][HP:540][EN:54][DMG: 4][MIT: 94][Thorns: 36 DMG][ACC: +1][REC: +1][REG: +1] (Updated for food consumption)

"There's not much to say about me. I'm a guy just trying to make it through this whole thing alive. I run a shop down on Floor 1 and occasionally help out in the slums down there." That wasn't exactly accurate. He helped out by trying to help keep the peace. The people there, too afraid to even venture out of the very first town, were cut off from the rest of Aincrad. It fell on people like Oscar and his psuedo-mentor Bahr to help these people make it through the day. When you're at rock bottom and your back is to the wall, sometimes you do things that you wouldn't otherwise do. Awful things, driven by the need for survival. So Oscar tried to keep such occurrences to a bare minimum, even if his only contribution was free food. Oscar didn't know who this Hestia person was. Probably some Frontliner. Oscar wasn't familiar with that particular crowd.

Frontliners.

Even the mere thought of them ignited a flame in Oscar's chest. He hated them with a passion, even as he wanted to be one of them. He could almost sympathize with that lunatic Pinball and his abhorrence of the group. Those on the Frontlines expected support from those beneath them, caring very little for those without the nerve or skill to be one of them. In their mind, every resource in the game should go to them and their goals. But it had been two years and they were only on Floor 24. The slow progress and their general apathy towards the normal people was shameful. But despite that, Oscar wanted to know firsthand where the difficulty lied. At least then he would have something to tell his acquaintances down on Floor 1.

Oscar had succeeded in working himself into a lather. Without another word, he rose from his seat and headed out of the tavern. He wanted to finish this quest up as quickly as possible and seek some solitude before he allowed his anger to get the better of him. It simply wouldn't do to snap in front of Cordelia and a complete stranger. Walking fast, his blade freed from its scabbard, Oscar encountered four enemies on his path to rescue Ali's brother. Yukianesa glinted in the sunlight as Oscar activated Amatsu no Homura. His weapon, glowing with an ethereal violet light, traced deep purple lines through the air as he twisted it around his body. His attack only managed to catch two of them, reducing them to a pitiful sliver of HP. The others remained unscathed. Oscar hopped back, away from their razor-sharp daggers. He would wait to see if his party members followed him. He had this fight well in hand, but if they showed up, it would certainly make things easier.

@Cordelia

Spoiler

Oscar 560 HP | 56 EN | 18 DMG | 41 MIT | 2 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

Amatsu no Homura[x8] vs Thief1 BD9 Deal 127 DMG
Amatsu no Homura[x8] vs Thief2 BD7+2 Deal 199 DMG

Amatsu no Homura[x8] vs Thief3 BD2. Miss.
Amatsu no Homura[x8] vs Thief4 BD3. Miss.

[1]Thief1 HP 8/135 | MIT 25 | DMG 6 | ACC 1 | SAVVY 1
[1]Thief2 HP 16/135 | MIT 25 | DMG 6 | ACC 1 | SAVVY 1

[0]Thief3 HP 135/135 | MIT 25 | DMG 6 | ACC 1 | SAVVY 1
[0]Thief4 HP 135/135 | MIT 25 | DMG 6 | ACC 1 | SAVVY 1

Her jaw dropped as she leaned in. "You were trained by a frontliner?" She asked, sparkles forming in her eyes as she placed her hands down on the table. "That's so cool! It's beyond cool, it's amazing! I wish I met a frontliner. . . they never go down to the lower floors, do they?" She sighed disappointingly, leaning back in her seat. 

"Your familiar is so cute!" She cooed, waving back at the penguin. 

"Oh, right. Uh," she looked over to Oscar before shrugging her shoulders. "I don't know. . ." she mumbled, fumbling with her fingers. "I just go from floor to floor, seeing what I can do to level up. Other than that, I'm really just a person who hangs around," she said, laughing sheepishly as she rubbed the back of her neck.

She beamed, nodding her head. "Yeah, me and Oscar both knew each other before today. We're quite good friends. . ." She trailed off, watching Oscar leave with a word. "I guess that's our cue to leave, huh?" She mumbled to herself, nodding to Spencer before following after Oscar.

"Hey, wait up!" She huffed, walking after the swordsman.

By the time she had arrived at the scene, Oscar had already dropped two out of the four thieves to red health.

"Well, that was fast."

Spoiler

ID: 128638

BD: 4, Miss

Cordelia: HP: 420/420 | EN: 41/42 | 9 DMG | 3 EVA | 1 SAVVY | 2 KEEN

[1]Thief1 HP 8/135 | MIT 25 | DMG 6 | ACC 1 | SAVVY 1
[1]Thief2 HP 16/135 | MIT 25 | DMG 6 | ACC 1 | SAVVY 1
[0]Thief3 HP 135/135 | MIT 25 | DMG 6 | ACC 1 | SAVVY 1
[0]Thief4 HP 135/135 | MIT 25 | DMG 6 | ACC 1 | SAVVY 1