[EVENT-F1]Halloween Event '19 - 'Something Wicked This Way Comes'

"Figured as much, at least it's not a spontaneous event boss fight this time around..."

As Calrex watched the other players begin to take their leave he gave a small sigh, purchasing some funnel cakes from the concession stand before looking over at Roc still perched on his shoulder, "Guess it's time to go to work. Ready?"

The blue peregrine falcon did a couple of flaps to become airborne as he began to hover close to the top of the tent, circling overhead as his eyes. The Ultramarine Knight gave a small sigh as he took his forearms out of his pockets. Taking a quick swing to the side his gauntlets vanished and were replaced by his massive two-handed battle axe, the Grand Legionbane appearing in a flash of light. Resting it against his shoulder the bluenette gave a small sigh and leapt into the fray.

Spoiler

Purchasing 5 Funnel Cake (5000 col)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awaking from your sleep you reach up and rub the dust away from your face as the morning sun comes to rise. You pull yourself away from your bed and make your way to the window. Drawing the curtains n

Posted Images

Stryder had been hanging around the town of beginnings for awhile now... He hadn't wanted to join in the event, not with the blood on his hands. So, he had stayed back. He had gotten someone killed... Eatos... If he hadn't been so negligent, maybe he wouldn't have lost her. Though... Someone was slowly taking over the role of someone he want, no, had to protect. Alisea. The poor girl, she didn't deserve to be here, it was too much for her... Such an innocent girl, stuck in this deathtrap. Ever since the attack by Pinball, he had been watching her quite a lot more closely. He couldn't let something like that happen again. He didn't have a choice, he had to improve, he had to get stronger... Though recently he had died down in his efforts. Most of his time had gone to checking on her, and planning the guild hall he had gotten a large donation for. Probably from Pinball... He could be redeemed, but.... If he ever tried that stunt again. He was going to die. 

Then, he recieved a message from Jinx... Hmm, seemed she wa nted some help with the event? Something about people attacking. Guessing, it was just the event, otherwise he would have rushed over a lot quicker. Well, time to go get ready for the event. He had seen the concession stand, so he had to buy a few things.

Walking over, he handed Jack the 500 entry. Looking at the items... Well, he had a few he needed. He wanted to keep Alisea safe, so some healing would help. He grabbed 5 of each, Spider Ciders and Diet Colas. He himself needed... Probably the same, so he grabbed the same for himself. 5 spider, 5 (10 of each total). The damage and the other one... Hmm... Maybe one of each. He grabbed 1x Funnel Cake, and ten of the energy drinks... That should be enough.

10x Spider Ciders - 500 Col

10x Diet Colas - 1500 Col

1x Funnel Cake - 1000 Col

30x Energy Drinks - 3000 Col

Entry Cost - 500

4500 Total sent to @Jack The Ringleader

After he did that... He went off to find Jinx... One of the zombies tried to attack him, but a simple punch in the head crushed it. (rp only flavor wise). Soo... time to protect his waifu! (exit)

Edited by Stryder

Mina's eyes widened when she saw the tent suddenly grow filled with other players, many of whom she didn't recognize. She did, however, recognize Hestia, Zandra, Macradon, Jomei, Bahr, and... Morgenstern. He'd become distant with everyone that he'd been really close to before, and had just decided to up and vanish from everyone's lives. He had basically disappeared, and now that he was back... he'd gained that Damned orange Cursor... She noted him talking to someone who seemed related to him, and just running off, leaving the girl standing there looking alone, and pretty afraid from how it seemed. "Just what the hell has gotten into you, Morg..." she thought, her feelings towards the blonde growing venomous. "You've changed so much since we've last met, and not for the better it seems." she waltzed over to jack, snagging a trio of Spider Ciders, smiling at the design. It certainly fit the event, that much was certain. She then snatched up four of the Off-Brand energy drinks, knowing that she would definitely need them in the coming fight. She also snuck away 5 of the Corn dogs from one of the other players. Apparently Mishiro's lover had gone a tad bit overboard with how much he had given her, and she had too much extra, so it didn't matter too much from how it seemed. "Looks like I made the right choice wearing my armor to this, Ne?" she said, flinging away the decorative cloak as the Zombies started to burst from the ground, and attack the NPC's. "Bah! It's showtime, Love! Time to show these fiends just how strong I really am!"

Item Amount Spent
Spider Cider 150 Col
Off Brand Energy Drink 400 Col

Total Spent: 550 Col

Nabbed from the Treasure Chest: 5 Obnoxious Corn Dogs

After sitting alone for a few moments, another player quickly took the seat next to him. Curious eyes turned to see a brunette in a school uniform, probably only a year or two younger than him. He was hardly expecting someone random to come up and say hello to him, let alone what happened next. The corny, yet seasonally appropriate, pick up line she dropped was enough to spawn a rumbling groan from his throat. "Well, if I had to relate that pick up line with candy corn, I'd say they both belong in the trash.  he said with a laugh, teasing the girl who had tried to hit on him. "But I'll give it to you, that made me laugh." He brought his right hand across his body and held it out towards the woman, "I'm Vandrin, pleased to meet you." As their short introduction continued, another woman sat behind Minako, who was loudly greeted by another younger boy. He apologized for interrupting their conversation, to which Vandrin shook his head. "It's alright." After introducing himself, and the girl known as Jevi introduced Minako, Vandrin introduced himself. "I'm Vandrin." 

Not long after, the show began, and [censored] immediately hit the fan. Zombies poured into the circus tent, making this much less of a relaxing event, and more of a combat based one. "Shitshitshit.." he cursed to himself as groups of people began to either rush towards the exit, or rush into battle. Vandrin looked around, trying to find a way out. Most were occupied by hordes of undead trying to cram their way in. The man bit his lip, before clenching his fist.. it was time to take a stand. Pulling out his two handed spear, Vandrin held it in the air. "Any Tier Ones and low levels! Form up on me! We can fight these things together!" he shouted in a booming voice. 

Purchasing:

Obnoxious Corndog (1000 Col)
Funnel Cake (700 Col) 

@Minako

[OC: Feel free to rp with cord, im not gonna go out of my way to squeeze in conversations lol]

The time has come!

Well, she was going have to show up sooner or later and she chose the later. She was late. Like, late late. Cordelia sweat dropped as she watched the literal dozens of people talk away in their cliques or whatever. 

Eh, she was just here do buy a load of crap, anyway. 

"Hello there," she beamed to whatever was maintaining all of the concessions. "I'm just going to buy a tiny bit of stuff. Just a tiny bit.

☆-☆

Okay, so tiny might've been an understatement. A huge understatement. Yeah, she bought a lot of stuff. A lot. Like, a whole hell lot. 

The girl almost screeched when the literal herd of people swarmed past her, off to who knows where. "Awe, I guess the battles are starting," she mumbled as her face contorted into a small frown. "Oh, whatever. I guess I should get going before everyone slays the zombies."

+200 [Spider Cider x4]
   500 [Ticket]
 2,000 [Offbrand Energy Drink x20]
----------
2,700 Col [Sent to Jack]

"Woah. What the heck is this?"

A tent. A circus tent, at that. Sprouted up in the middle of town, in the blink of an eye. Or maybe it had taken longer than that. Jackpot really had no way on knowing, because he hadn't been around for its sudden or not-so-sudden construction. He was certain that it hadn't been there the last time he rolled through, though.

Or was it? Who cared, anyways? It was worth checking out.

He strolled into the tent without a care in the world, sauntering past the various groupings of zombies and the players fighting them, right up to the concession stand. "Hey there. I want in on... whatever this is. I'll pay handsomely, you know. Oh? Only 500 col?" He immediately began to dig through his menus, sending the col Jack's way. "Huh. Jack? Hey, I'm a Jack, too."

He snickered dorkishly at his comment while perusing the products that were available in the concession stand. "Ahh, I'll take a few of these. And a few of these, too, thank you. Yes, that will do just fine."

-500 col for Ticket
-750 col for Spider Cider x15
-300 col for Popcorn x2
-2000 col for Funnel Cake x2
-2000 col for Offbrand Energy Drink x20
5550 col sent to Jack

Always late to the party, Yukiro ranted. He'd only just seen the poster and figured he should see what was so interesting. It has to be worth seeing if it's gonna cost me something. 
He didn't bother running. It probably wasn't terribly important anyway. It's just a circus act, not a raid or special event or something. 
So why did he feel so uneasy? What was it about this specific thing that made him decide to go check it out?
It was obvious when he got there. 
Undead were running rampant. Players were fighting, some for sport and others for their life. NPCs were being slaughtered. Everything he stood for was being dishonored right before his eyes. 
There was only one thing he could do. 
He dashed to what appeared to be a concession stand, presumably selling healing items. He scanned the list of products.
"I'll take 10 spider cider, one popcorn, and two energy drinks!" he declared loudly, paying as he spoke.
It was time to enter the battle.

-1350 col

+ Ticket
+ Spider Cider x 10
+ Popcorn
+ Offbrand Energy Drink x 2

Edited by Yukiro

"H-hehhh? That's... too much!" An felt her face turning red at the sudden kind offer. The girl who'd approached her wasn't having it though; she walked straight up to the tent flaps and paid double the amount. When she turned back around and gestured for An to come in, laying down a very loose set of terms, An felt as if she was staring up at a literal angel. "Thank you! Thank you so much! I promise I'll pay you back..." She met the girl's stony gray eyes and for a second, something clicked. "Ah, hold on a sec. Don't I know you-?"

The line of players behind them demandingly pushed her forward and past the tent flaps. 

She followed the girl out of courtesy and also having literally no one to hang out with, and seated herself at the middle row. Pretty soon, the show began. And what an entrance act it was! An sat in her seat, completely oblivious and starry-eyed. They even spawned zombies to chase after NPCs to make it seem even more real! And... they were... chasing after players too? She watched, dazed, as a player unsheathed their sword and engaged with one. And her crimson eyes lifted to notice the orange indicator.

Oh crap.

The girl beside her had already moved and she was thankfully dragging An along for the ride. An clumsily fumbled with the teleport crystal thrown her way before finally grasping it tightly in her hand. "Head for the safe zone? But we're already in the safe zone!" she yelled over the erupting chaos. That was probably the smartest thing she was going to say today, because honestly, what would you expect from a player with zero combat experience in an event that's 100% combat? Climbing onto a chair of her own, she followed after the girl's trail, zigzagging past awakening zombies, until they eventually reached the stage. 

She took as much as she could from the treasure chest, even the buffs a smaller girl tossed back into it.

Spoiler

CLAIMING (from Mishiro and Arabelle):

• [x10] Spider Cider
  • [x3] Funnel Cake
  • [x1] Teleport Crystal

Well, this was certainly-- er . . . well, it looks fun! 

He was expecting some kind of big Halloween party, not some . . .  whatever this is! He wanted candy! And food! Not to be fighting-- what, a couple hundred zombies! Sounds fun! Fun, fun, fun! Oh God, he was so going to die during this. 

This is fine. This is fine! Fine! Fine! Fine! Everything around him was slowly crumbling and burning to the ground but this is so fine! 

Solei giggled nervously as he shuffled over to where they were selling the tickets. Stupid him, right! He heals for absolutely nothing, but here he is, his mouth already moving before he can really think about it! 

"I'd like one ticket, please!"

God! He was an idiot. An utter idiot! The kids were going to kill him! Kill him! He was going to be dead both ways!

Well, off he was to go play the Walking Dead or something! 

-500 Col

Bahr sauntered back to the concession stand, completely exhausted from his most recent round of Zombie killing. Normally he'd have something witty or exciting to say about the endeavor, but he was so worn out he could barely formulate coherent sentences at this point. When he slapped the col on the counter and gestured crudely at some of the consumables up for grabs, the clown standing behind the barrier simply looked at him with a perplexed expression. Realizing he would actually need to use words, Bahr sighed and finally relented.

"Those, those, and those," he said, pointing at a few of the items that were available. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed one item in particular that he hadn't seen before - possibly because it hadn't been available the last time he had visited the concession stand. It looked like a weird sticker with some sort of Halloween logo printed on it. He wasn't sure what it was, or why he wanted it, but he pointed at that as well. "And that thing, whatever it is. Please and thank you."

-1350 col for Diet Soda x9
-700 col for Obnoxious Corndog
-1000 col for Funnel Cake
-2000 col for Offbrand Energy Drink x20
5050 col sent to Jack.

"Critical Failures" Achievement Point spent
"HP Restored (Self)" Achievement Point spent
"HP Restored in a Thread" Achievement Point spent

Halloween Sticker acquired!

"For now I will stretch out my hand, that I may smite thee and thy people with pestilence; and thou shalt be cut off from the earth," Dederick muttered as he pushed past the mindless droves of fleshy husks, approaching the concession stand and eyeing the clown that attended it warily. An 'event' like this was clearly a trap, but so long as the dead walked, Dederick saw it as his duty to stand alongside his fellow players and fight until either the evil had been vanquished or they had come out the other side victorious.

Without a word, he paid for his 'ticket to the show,' then indicated a few of the items that the concession stand had up for grabs. After paying the col, he took a few moments to get his inventory situated and dawned some new gear. He decided to take a different approach for this challenge, dropping his usual Heavy Armor and opting for a simple sword and shield instead. With so many mobs around, staying light and mobile would need to take priority. For now, at least.

-500 col for ticket
-1000 col for Funnel Cake
-500 col for Spider Cider x10
-1000 col for Offbrand Energy Drink x10

3000 col sent to Jack.

Edited by Dederick

After spending far too long engaging the undead, Dederick had come to the conclusion that he was not yet strong enough to engage enemies of this caliber. He was capable of surviving, but beyond that he was practically useless. It had taken him longer than he cared to admit to take down only four of them, despite his best efforts.

He had managed to acquire a unique form of currency, however. "Achievement Points." Curious, he returned to the concession stand that he had visited earlier and took another look at the products that were available. With only three Achievement Points, it didn't look like there was much he could get. Standing out among the rest of the merchandise was a sticker that caught Dederick's eye - glossy and imbued with power. He could feel it.

"The sticker, please," he requested as he pointed at the item. The clown behind the counter cocked his head at the blond before shrugging and collecting the sticker for him, handing it over in exchange for three Achievement Points. "Thank you," Dederick remarked with a nod, turning and walking toward the exit of the tent.

"HP Restored (Self)" Achievement Point spent
"HP Restored in a Thread" Achievement Point spent
"Consumables Used" Achievement Point spent

After purchasing his consumables to take another go at zombie slaying, Jomei took a look at his Bingo Book. He had three achievement points, which meant he had enough for the Halloween Sticker. With a quick nod, Jomei closed the small info screen and looked around for the rewards counter. Pushing his way through a group of zombies and players, Jomei found the location where he could pick up his prize. "Having fun?" the NPC clown asked him with a bit of a chuckle, "Loads.." Jomei replied with a blatantly obvious, sarcastic tone.  The clown chuckled again, keeping eye contact with Jomei as he summoned the sticker that Jomei had claimed. It was simple, a bust image of a zombie facing forward with the words "Happy Halloween" in a bloody red font across the chest. Jomei placed the item into his inventory and nodded at the NPC before turning to return to Macradon. 

"HP Restored (Self)" Achievement Point spent
"HP Restored in a Thread" Achievement Point spent

Just when Bahr thought he was done, he seemed to get dragged right back in. As one of the only people capable of pushing back the mid-leveled Zombie infestation, he had no excuses. It was either stick around and splatter rotting viscera against the walls, or leave and let the noobs fend for themselves. As much as Bahr considered his time valuable and not well spent on people he didn't know, truthfully he was a pushover in the end. The idea of players at lower levels succumbing to the masses of desecrated husks due to his inaction filled him with a sense of dread and guilt that was difficult to succinctly describe.

Another Achievement Point had flashed into his existence in his inventory, however. He was positive it hadn't been there before. Was it possible that the rules on the achievements had been adjusted? It didn't matter in the end - Bahr had had his eye on a particularly useful item the last time he visited the concession stand. So he returned, spent the achievement point, and went on his way.

"Last Hit on Zombies" Achievement Point spent.

Yui's Grace x1 acquired!

Bahr had reached the concession stand, but there was no telling how much time he had. He knew that he needed to move quickly if he wanted to catch up with Lessa. She was a big girl and could absolutely take care of herself, but Bahr couldn't help but feel a little protective over her - especially after what had happened during their last standoff against the undead.

What he needed was simple enough - a restock on a few essential consumables, as well as to redeem his Achievement Points for some select items that were lying around. He jeered at the character behind the concession as he expended the col and the last of his Achievement Points, not entirely happy to be doing business with the crooked clown. The clown jeered right back.

After their business had concluded, Bahr turned and ventured back into the fray, hoping to find his friend and aid her in the destruction of this blight. 

-300 col for Offbrand Energy Drink x3
-700 for Obnoxious Corn Dog
-1000 for Funnel Cake
2000 col sent to Jack

"Zombies Killed" Achievement Point spent

Yui's Grace x2 acquired!

The consumbales that Zandra had used had already ran out. Damn they didn’t lasted long. How many zombies had she slayed by now? Eight? That wasn’t even close to how many she would have slayed during same time normally. She needed to get stronger. Stronger, faster, anything. So she could kill them, kill them all. So she would be srronded by a gigantic blue and white ocean of crystals, shattering all around her with her in the middle, smiling at all the virtual lives she just had vanquished, deleted tons of bytes of data. To do just that, she glanced thru the menu to see what would be useful. She thought for a moment or two before she picked some of them. This woul be fun. She transferred the col that was the cost of the items before she turned around. She looked at the sea of zombies, consumed the consumables, and charge at the hordes.

Obnoxious corn dog and funnel cake bought with vouchers

Jonathan stepped into the tent, walking up to Jack and handing in his bingo card. "I finished it now, I want that heavy armor" The NPC would take the card and it would burn int he NPC's Hand until only smoke was seen. When the smoke dispersed, it would be left with the armor that he ahd chosen. As he touched it, it would add itself to his inventory, an armor strong enough to help him take on any boss. The thorns game just got real. This combined with an immolation potion would bring pain to all that touched him. Walking away, he found that he still could not leave the tent. Looking back to the NPC he frowned. "What kind of crap is this? I am done! Im not gonna sit here and wait til the event ends dude!" Grumbling, he sat down, waiting at the edge of the the tent. Looks like he would just be sitting her awhile. He really did not feel like going out and hunting more zombies. It would accomplish nothing. 

4 Achievement Points Spent

+ Hallowed Raikage - Demonic T3 HA - Cursed | Flame Thorns | Thorns | Thorns
+ Jack's Candle - Perfect T3 Katana - Burn | Blight | Cursed

After escaping the zombies, she would make her way towards the tent, bringing her bingo card to the NPC guy. Before she got it to him, she heard yelling to find her brother obviously not happy about something. 'Is it a glitch? Is he supposed to be trapped in here for something?' Frowning, she would continue her mission, bringing the bingo card to Jack. "Hello! Could I please get a Halloween Sticker? Thanks!" Jack took the card, allowing it to smolder in his hands. When the smoke cleared she was left with a sticker. Smiling, she would take the item and walk to the entrance of the tent where her brother sat. "Here! I got this for you! Since you got me the lantern at christmas, I figured this could pay back for it!" She handed him the sticker. It wouldn't help her much, but it may be just what he needed. She sat in front of him, hopefully he would be in a better mood. Maybe killing all of those zombies would have been some form of stress releif and hopefully not the opposite. 

-3 Achievement Points. 0 Remaining. 

+Halloween Sticker - Given to @Morgenstern
+Jack's Embrace - [Flame Aura - Evasion - Cursed]

Cordelia hummed happily as she drummed her fingers against the table where Jack was standing.

"Hello, yes. I'd like to buy one of those shiny weapons, please!" She beamed, her body bounding with excitement as she handed Jack the bingo card. 

She screeched with utter. Happiness as he handed the weapon to her. "Heck, yes!" She squealed, hugging the weapon with every bloody fiber in her body. She and this katana here. Yep, they were going to do big things together, believe it! 

She sighed happily as it transferred into her inventory. She was going to equip right away! Sorry Oscar, but she worked herself to the bone trying to get this weapon and she wasn't going to wait! She deselected Bloody Howl and equipped her precious gem. 

Blood-- virtual bloody, anyway--, sweat, and tears were exchanged for this weapon, and now it's finally hers. Thank the lords above for this!

Total Achievement Points: 4

Remaining: 0/4

Received: Haunted Verdict [Katana]: Holy|Cursed|Damage|Damage

Spoiler

Items gained:

Jack's Haunted cloak: Flame Aura, EVA, Cursed

Funnel cake x1 (1000 col)

spider cider x9 (450 col)

Off brand energy drink x4 (400 col)

popcorn x1 (150 col)

Ghost treat

total used: all three vouchers (1700 col), and 300 col

Mira happily went to the item store, vouchers and col in hand. She never passed up the opportunity for different items from an event, especially if said items turned out to be Free! she happily passed the vouchers and some of her col over to the clown that was manning the supply tent, and grabbed various amounts of food. things like spider cider, off brand energy drinks (she was sure to only pick ones that would end up tasting like coffee), popcorn, and some funnel cake! She was about to walk off when she noticed that there were weapons and armor being given out by one of the clowns, something with rare enhancements on it from what she was understanding? She shrugged it off, and grabbed one of the armors that the clown was handing out, and put it on, a surprised sound coming from her throat at the comfortable material.

Edited by Marianne