[EVENT-F1]Halloween Event '19 - 'Something Wicked This Way Comes'

Ryo's hand immediately slapped to his hear as his body turned to face the woman he loved more than anything else in this world. The sudden swell of fear suddenly subsiding back into giddiness and laughter. She got him, fair and square, and he had set himself up with that message from just a few moments ago. "Nice outfit," Ryo said as Teion made her way beside him. "And yeah. Did he also give you a cryptic warning about violence at Halloween parties?" Ryo said jokingly telling the truth. It was only the circus, not like anything dangerous was going to happen. Last year nothing serious happened. This would probably be the same. Just a fun, spooky show that ended with a raffle that gave someone a demonic or something of that effect. The last few events all had a raffle but as Ryo looked around he noticed that it was mostly players in the tent. Perhaps the NPC's around here didn't have enough Col for the buy-in and looking back at his pocket coffers, he barely had enough. "Oh, thank you." Ryo said leaning in for a bite of the pretzel.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awaking from your sleep you reach up and rub the dust away from your face as the morning sun comes to rise. You pull yourself away from your bed and make your way to the window. Drawing the curtains n

Posted Images

"Halloween?! God last Halloween... man I was a completely different person then." Spencer muttered softly and scooped up his penguin, walking towards Jack. He was too busy grumbling about the ticket cost to really notice the NPC offering the tickets. Spencer quickly paid and entered the carnival area, a bead of nostalgia creeping into his head. Heh, I dressed up as a penguin last time, first major event I had Noot with me.... Met Ryo fully then. God I'm happy it's been a year. He blushed brightly thinking about his actions and feelings towards Ryo over the past year, how much he changed, and how much he had to go. Anyways.. Let's find some friends. 

It didn't take long for him to find people he knew well. His eyes found that of Jevi, standing with a slightly familiar girl, and a stranger. "Jevi!" He called and ran to her, his bird Nooting loudly. "I've missed you so much!" He gave the girl a hug, Noot crawling up on to the woman's shoulders. After a moment he released the hug, beaming brightly. "God it's been forever- Wait, sorry... Did I interrupt a conversation?" He blushed and turned to the other two players ((Minako and Vandrin)). "Sorry, she's just a friend I haven't seen in.... wow it's been since the..." His voice cut off and he bit his lip, the events of the Mansion still haunting him slightly. "Anyways, sorry again. I'm Spencer." He smiled at the two other people.

All this time, Noot has been climbing up Jevi slowly to rest on top of her head, looking very content and proud of himself.

@Jevi@Minako@Vandrin

"There'll probably be clowns."

Lessa stood atop a nearby hill, looking down at the site of "Jack's Circus." Her hands were planted firmly on her hips, a sort of power-pose against the terror that surely lurked within the tent. "I mean, don't you think? Clowns? Circuses? They go hand in hand."

Riker merely stared up at his companion, apathy dulling his aged-whiskey eyes.

The woman heaved a sigh, lifting her hands to her face and scrubbing at it pitifully. "Aww man," she muttered. "I'm being stupid, aren't I?" This time, the wolf gave a small yip of agreement, drawing a groan from his human. "Okay, fine," she conceded, "I'll go. For just a minute. Long enough to check it out, and see if there are any good items up for grabs." Then, in a much smaller voice, she added, "Or clowns."

Her familiar began padding down the hill, and had made it nearly twenty feet before he turned around and gave Lessa, who hadn't budged, a sympathetic look. The blonde emitted one final groan before picking her way down after him.

Despite her reservations, the space around the flamboyant tent was humming with excitement. Players and NPCs alike mingled, clearly more eager than Lessa to enter. In fact, she felt a bit of sweat on her upper lip as the line inched closer to the tent's closed flap. You've fought boss monsters inside a death game for years, her more rational side reminded her. And you're scared of clowns?

Yup. Exactly.

Jack himself made her skin crawl as she neared him, but she handed over her col and scooted inside as quickly as possible.

Col sent to Jack.

The lights begin to dim as you each take a seat. Large men, dressed as clowns begin to march around the sides of the stage keeping an eye out for troublemakers and rulebreakers. One bouncer, being thin and agile dressed as a high flyer took notice of @Neopolitan. "Madam," it whispered, it's faced disguised and hidden behind a porcelain mask. "Please make your way down to arraigned seating, there is plenty of room. This area is for circus staff only."

Another burly clown made its way over to @Teion and @Ryo before letting out a loud cough at them. "No outside food, or drink. If yer hungry, go visit the concessions." It said before he trailed off and began scanning the crowd for more rule-breakers.

After a few moments, the help disappeared from sight. The lights went out, and suddenly a single spotlight was on center stage. In the center of that light, Jack stood. "Brothers, and sisters! Ladies and gentlemen! Jack's World of the Bizzare presents, to you! Tonight, the world's largest congregation of human oddities! Living! Breathing! Monstrosities!" Drums began to beat as the music began to swell up Jack's voice reaching everyone in the tent. "That's right, they didn't ask to be brought into this world folks, but into this world, they came! Guaranteed to be alive, or your money back! Step right up to the Aincrad Creep Show!" Jack said as the music continued playing.

As the music concluded, Jack stood standing in the middle of the dirt circle his lips moving to nothing creating no sound. After a few words, he stopped and smiled. He spoke, loudly and clearly. "Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! Wonderful contestants all!" He beams a large grin as he continues. "Today I offer you all a very significant chance! A once in a lifetime opportunity! A test of sorts, to prove yourself against the terrors of the night!" He says, almost maliciously. "Now the first night is to soon come, and as the moon sets the great evil magics of the dark to bring back to dead!" And as his voice echoes in the tent, the ground beneath you begins to quake and shake. The various NPCs around you begin to scream and flee for the doors, only to be met with a swift end as undead zombies begin to pour into the tent. Jack begins to laugh and as his laugh fills the tent, more undead being to burst from the ground. "I'll see you, in the morning heroes!" Jack cries out to the crowd, disappearing under the sea of the dead.

~~The Event Has Begun!~~
The circus within the town of beginnings has begun to be overrun with zombies! Those inside the tent are now trapped amoungst the undead horde! Survive the night, and slay as many zombies as possible! Keep track of how many zombies you kill though, as rewards are locked behind progression! In order for a thread to count towards the event use this tag, [Event-F1] This will help myself, and PST's sort threads for this event specifically. 

~Rules~
1. No outside food or drink! Food, Potions, and Crystals are unable to be used within event threads.

2. Concessions are only allowed to be used inside the current Halloween’19 event. Items cannot be refunded and will become cosmetic items after the event. Using these items takes a post action to apply in combat, and last for that thread. Treat them as normal consumables.

3. Players may still participate in the event, despite not posting in this thread! The down payment of 500 Col is required to receive any rewards from the event! Be sure to send Col to Jack!

4. Players may only kill up to 100 zombies in a thread.

5. Players in a party must use the zombie stat block of the appropriate tier of the highest tier within the party. (IE a party of 2 tier 1's and a tier 3, must use the tier 3 stat block)

6. Players may only be in 1 event thread at one time.

~Concession Stand~

Standing behind the booth looms a figure drabbed in tattered grey and black robes. Unable to see his face you peer down and see a small menu of food and drink, along with prices, for available purchase. He speaks in a low, dark chuckle. "Heh heh heh, what can I get for ya'?" He asks. (send Col to Jack listing what purchases were made)

Item Name Item Effect Cost in Col
Spider Cider Heals 90 HP 50
Diet Soda Heals 150 HP 150
Popcorn Grants 20 Mitigation 150
Obnoxious Corn Dog Grants 45 Mitigation 700
Fairy Floss Grants 2 Base Damage 200
Funnel Cake Grants 3 Base Damage and 1 Accuracy 1000
Offbrand Energy Drink Restores Tier*3 Energy 100

~Zombie Stats~

Zombie (Tier 1 Event)
HP: 50

MIT: 10
DMG: 15 on a hit, 20 on a 9 or 10.
SPECIAL: If the Zombie would be killed by a weapon or defensive ability, and the LD is equal to or higher than 15, the Zombie is instead reduced to 1HP. This ability is ignored if the attack that reduced it 0 was a critical hit or the weapon/armor used has the holy or holy blessing enhancement.

Zombie (Tier 2 Event)
HP: 200

MIT: 50
DMG: 100 on a hit, 150 on a 9 or 10.
SPECIAL: If the Zombie would be killed by a weapon or defensive ability, and the LD is equal to or higher than 15, the Zombie is instead reduced to 1HP. This ability is ignored if the attack that reduced it 0 was a critical hit or the weapon/armor used has the holy or holy blessing enhancement.

Zombie (Tier 3 Event)
HP: 400

MIT: 75
DMG: 200 on a hit, 250 on a 9 or 10.

~Achievements~
New for this year's event, a Bingo Book of sorts is being added for those who have paid the 500 Col entry fee into the event! Complete requirements to earn achievements, earn achievements to earn points, spend points on amazing items!

Zombies Killed: Zombies that die in a thread that you're an active party member of.
Last Hit on Zombies: Zombies reduced to 0HP by a weapon attack you make. (DoT's apply)
Critical Failures: Natural Rolls of 1 (If achieved cannot claim Critical Evasions)
Critical Evasions: When an enemy rolls a natural 1 to attack you. (If achieved, cannot claim Critical Failures)
HP Restored (Self): Amount of healing done to only yourself.
HP Restored In A Thread: Amount of HP recovered to yourself or other party members in a single thread, relative to the highest tier in the thread.
Consumables Used: Amount of consumables used on yourself, or other players.

~Achievement Name~ Number Needed

Zombies Killed 100

Last Hit on Zombies 50

Critical Failures or Evasions 25 or 15

HP Restored (Self) Tier*150

HP Restored in a Thread Tier*120

Consumables Used  13

Upon completing an achievement a player will be rewarded with one(1) achievement point. These points expire at the end of the Halloween event. These points can only be exchanged for the items below. The only item that may be purchased more than once is Yui's Grace, everything else may only be redeemed once.

Item  Name Achievement Point Cost
Demonic Weapon of Choice 4
Demonic Armor of Choice 4
Demonic Trinket of Choice 4
Halloween Sticker 3
Yui's Grace (Repeatable) 1
LD roll(including bonuses)*3 tiered materials 2

Demonic Weapon (choice of 1)
[Weapon of choice] - Holy|Cursed|Damage|Damage
[Weapon of Choice] - Fallen|Cursed|Accuracy|Accuracy

Demonic Armor (Choice of 1)
Heavy Armor - Flame Thorns | Cursed | Thorns | Thorns
Light Armor - Holy Blessing | Evasion | Evasion | Cursed
Shield - Frost Thorns | Frost Aura | Cursed | Mitigation

Demonic Trinket
Trinket - Life Mending | Life Mending | Recovery | Cursed

Halloween Sticker: Allows the user to upgrade the quality of a single item to the quality above it. ie. Rare to Perfect. This can make an item demonic. Doing so allows them to choose any enhancement they can normally get on that item or(not both) roll for a random unique enhancement that is applicable and add that.

progress-overall-100.png.3d73bb4f5d54c5cc5a32a98c5c4a989e.png

Zombies Killed: 511

Rewards Table:
-  Concession Stand Upgrade (UNLOCKED)
Spider Cider, Popcorn, and Fairy Floss buffs are improved!
Spider Cider heals 90HP, Popcorn grants 20 mitigation, Fairy Floss increases base damage by 2
(This applies to all current items in inventory, not ones applied in a thread.)

-  Concession Stand Voucher (UNLOCKED)
200 Col's worth of items may be purchased for free! 

-  New House Item (UNLOCKED)
More Details Coming Soon!! 

-  Concession Stand Upgrade (UNLOCKED) 
Diet Soda, Obnoxious Corn Dog, and Funnel Cake are improved!
Diet Soda heals 150hp, Obnoxious Corn Dog grants 45 mitigation, Funnel Cake increases damage by 3 and grants 1 ACC
(This applies to all current items in inventory, not ones applied in a thread.)

-  Concession Stand Voucher (UNLOCKED) 
500 Col's worth of items may be purchased for free! 

- Familiar Item (UNLOCKED) 
'Ghost Treat' - If you already have a familiar, the treat can be fed to it to change its appearance to a ghostly form of itself. If you do not already have a familiar, it allows you to skip the searching portion of the <<Feeding your Enemy>> quest. If you fail to tame the creature, you will have to find it again by the searching rules in the quest.

- Zombie Kill Limit Upgrade (UNLOCKED) 
Limit of Zombies that can be killed in a thread increased from 100 to 150

- Concession Stand Voucher (UNLOCKED) 
1000 Col's worth of items may be purchased for free!

- Choice of Unique Perfect Item (UNLOCKED)
Jack's <Weapon of Choice>
[Burn - Blight - Cursed]
or
Jack's <Light Armor of Choice>
[Flame Aura - Evasion - Cursed]
or
Jack's <HeavyArmor of Choice>
[Flame Aura - Mitigation - Cursed]

Oscar entered the tent and took a seat. This would mark the first event that he had taken part in in his two years of being trapped within this game. Oscar couldn't help but feel a little excited. For too long he had been cooped up in his home, by himself. Truth be told, it truly hadn't been good for his mental state to seek such prolonged solitude. But now he was out and about. He'd made friends. Hopefully, he would see them out and about during this event. Truly, he was trembling with anticipation. He didn't know what to expect with an event like this. He'd heard rumors, but nothing concrete. There was nothing like firsthand experience anyway.

Oscar sat in an isolated corner of the tent. The show was due to start soon. He couldn't help but be filled with giddy, childlike excitement. He'd never been to a circus before. Not once. He would just sit back and enjoy the show.

Neo was asked to get down from the rafters, and though she wanted to, Shadow decided it would be best to stay until the show started. With a quick vanishing act, they weren't going to be found so easily. Then it began. Just as they both suspected, the event was certainly not a peaceful one. Giving a grin, Neo and Shadow both agreed to finally swing down from the rafters. It was about high time that this new gear got a chance to be broken in. Her stealth would be the backbone while her sword her arms. Not a one of these zombies would be escaping her sight tonight. There was going to be no rest for the wicked, and she was certainly not pure of heart.

As soon as her feet touched the ground, she could sense it. The smell of battle, the lust for death. These creatures weren't here by choice, so she would give them no choice as she sent them away from the world of the living.

((Neo leaves to fighting thread located here))

As the event drove to a start, everything seemed to be in chaos, as what was about to be this nice little circus act became this horribly seasonal circus act. Macradon sighed as he quickly opened his inventory and donned his armor, quickly tying everything that needed tying together and went down to what seemed to be a small vendor. “Do you have a menu?” Macradon asked nonchalantly through the visor of his helmet as he glanced over the available treats. “I’ll take 2 of those, and two of those, and 2 of those, and four of those!” he said as he grabbed the appropriate items to make this ordeal less unbearable. Taking in a deep sigh, the ironclad knight looked around, trying to spot people to join in a group with. As he had prepared everything, he would approach the closest capable person he could find in this chaos, @Jomei . “Hey, let’s get rid of these undead monstrosities, don’t you think? Let’s see who can get the most last hits.” he said with a snicker to the redtop. Doffing his helmet, Macradon wanted to have as much vision as possible so he could delete as many zombies as he could, ready to do his thing, he merely awaited more to join the zombie slaughter house.

Bought

Spoiler

2 Diet Soda .............. 300
2 Obnoxious Corn Dogs ... 1400
2 Funnel Cakes .......... 2000
4 Offbrand Energy Drink .. 400

Total ................... 4100

phases-though-the-competition.thumb.png.faafe6526ca70d0b7ea84aad2ea4c2f6.png

Soon after finding their seats, the lights dimmed, and Jack took center stage. He welcomed the crowd and introduced his spectacle for the night, which quickly took a turn for the worse. Jack's expression became more sinister as he announced the true intentions for the night, and as he disappeared, the ground began to quake. Pushing through the stone and dirt that made up the center stage, decayed limbs shot up. The screams of different players and NPCs could be heard over the grunts and moans of the undead as they poured into the tent, from both the ground and the open entry way. Soon, the entire circus was overrun by the ghouls. Jomei's eyes went wide as he shot up to his feet, quickly equipping both his rapier to his hip, and the missing metal armor to his torso. Jomei took a quick look around the battlefield, and saw multiple players springing into battle. From his side, he heard a familiar voice call out to him, a man he had not had the chance to reconnect with in awhile. @Macradon, already suited up in full plate armor with his weapon at the ready. Jomei smirked, "It's on." Jomei turned to look at @Telrenya beside him, "Ready to kick some ass as usual, Stel?" Lastly, as the man leaped over rows of seats and landed on the ground level, heading towards the concession stand to buy consumables, he turned to look at @Hestia, "We could really use your help here. Unless you think you're needed elsewhere." The man then zipped past multiple zombies to a counter staffed by a creepy, dark robed character. 

2 x Obnoxious Corndogs (1400)
2 x Funnel Cakes (2000)

4 x Offbrand Energy Drinks (400)
3800 col

Give to @Telrenya
1 Obnoxious Corndog
1 Funnel Cake
1 Offbrand Energy Drink

A test? I say softly to myself as i then watch what happens shortly after i just grit my teeth and glares at this stupid NPC who seemed to prove me right in the worst way possible as i quickly open up my menu and start equipping my combat gear knowing i am about to go zombie murdering against all these fools. When seeing the zombie get at the npc villagers i just sigh softly as i just try to ignore it for the fact that it is just npcs and made for this event or used for it in some manner to authenticate the spooky season most likely. When seeing jomei walk over and talk to me i just smile at him and nod my head as i walk down and decides to simply not buy any consumables since in the end i have everybody to count on to clear out everything that we may get involved in. Jomei i am willing ot help if you're willing to have me. Lets kick their butts time ways to sunday, and get any rewards we can out of this event. I say towards him with a smile upon my face as i have my heavy armor, shield, and trinket equipped figuring that if i am going to help jomei and the others it's best to go support then any offense.

Deciding against it i go back to jack and hand him some quick money and take the 13 items that i need and make my wya to a zombie horde to fight and murder.

2 obnoxious corn dogs (1400) [+30 MIT]
2 funnel cakes (2000)   [+3 DMG]
9 offbrand energy drink (900) [+9 energy]

4100 COL total

Fashionably late, as usual. Even Bahr didn't know that he could run so fast. Or fall so spectacularly.

In a flavor of his own kind, Bahr stumbled whilst sprinting down the hill toward the tent, his face catching against the slick grass. The momentum he had built leading up to the fall allowed him to skid along on his face like a sled for an impressive distance, feet flung into the air and forward over his body in an almost cartoonish fashion. To the casual onlooker, from afar, it may have looked like a scarlet and ebony scorpion skittering now the slope at speeds no scorpion had any right to jaunt. But for those who knew better, a shake of the head or a snicker would probably suffice as an adequate reaction.

At the base of the hill, Bahr's legs finally managed to overtake the rest of his body, sending the crimson goon tumbling forward and sprawling out at the base of the tent. Flustered and confused, he hopping into a stiff standing stance of some sort, his eyes wide as a cat at three in the morning after one of its customary freak outs, strands of grass poking out from his hair and armor. After a bit of panting and gaining his bearings, Bahr zipped into the tent, purchased his tickets and a few concessions, and left to get started as soon as physically possible.

-500 col for Ticket
-750 col for Diet Soda x5
-1400 col for Obnoxious Corndog x2
-2000 col for Funnel Cake x2
-500 col for Offbrand Energy Drink x5

5150 col sent to Jack.

With a smirk, Macradon would rendezvous with what seemed to be the party he would be taking down zombies with “Alright, let’s get this party started!” the knight yelled in glee as he had something to do today that wasn’t just watching over his dusty blacksmith shop. “Aw dang.” he said mostly to himself as he saw someone had already begun fighting the zombies, someone had already started the party before, what a bummer. Shrugging all of that off he would quickly send out party invitations to @Hestia, @Telrenya and @Jomei, making sure they would be able to coordinate their attacks and keep track of each other to know what the best solution to whatever situation they would end up in would be. “I’ll be going in now!” the knight said as he tugged the heavy chain leash of his Cerberus. Bright red and orange flames erupted, engulfing the three headed hound in hellfire as it and its master entered combat.

[Macradon leaves for the battle thread]

1407653423_MacradonPartyInvite.png.bca21450916c8ded9338bf02c59d36af.png

MacJomTelHest.thumb.png.dc4b69a5e7c0f92a97aaf0ff6a64ceee.png

500 Col? Pinball accepted the tax without batting an eye, pushing his way inside the tent. He had something else on his mind. 

He wore his disguise, now - the persona of Kobold, which, when it came down to it, wasn't much of a persona at all. He could do nothing to hide the orange cursor hovering over his head, no matter what dyes he used or what skills he utilized. But even still, he'd dyed his hair white, sweeping it to the side in a part. His outfit was different - losing the black coat for a ragged purple poncho and his old leather armor. Under the poncho was a satchel where he kept Zomekko stowed away, and on the back of his hip was his sword, intentionally worn in a ruggedy leather scabbard he'd bought a few days back. 

Immediately upon entering, his eyes weren't drawn to the shouting NPC - who was more likely than not none other than Jack - or the players idling around the entrance flaps. Instead, he looked to the stands. His eyes, colored a deep gray from the vanity potions he'd consumed, scanned the enclosement, searching for the familiar, bittersweet gaze of a friend lost. 

She was here. And Pinball wasted no time making his way to the concession stands. He read quicker than he realized, he'd come to find, but he was always on the slower side when it came to numbers, so adding up the items he needed to buy was more difficult. Still, though, he knew he had money to spare. He wasn't going to risk it. He had things he needed to do - people he needed to talk to before he could see her again. 

And she needed to stay alive for that. 

So Pinball went to town, and while he was at it, he grabbed a bunch of crap he probably wouldn't even use in the event. Or maybe he would-? The catalogue had some interesting rewards, if he could actually grab these achievement points. 

Pinball might have bought a little bit too much. See, he didn't know how dangerous these events were going to be - but they had to be selling this many items for a reason. He was lucky he had an empty treasure chest in his inventory. 

Filling the thing up to the brim with goodies, Pinball ran off, only to find that Mishiro was already standing up and heading for the stage. 

Yikes. How was he going to do this-? 

If the swordsman's face wasn't so sad all of the time, he might have blushed. He was ashamed. Embarrassed. Guilty. Afraid. Horribly and mind numbingly sad. He felt like he was going to cry or choke, but he knew that no tears would come. 

Pinball ran right up to her, his face practically covered by the sheer size of the chest - and then he pushed it against her, literally leaving her with two choices: hold it or drop it. "Merry Halloween," he mumbled curtly, speeding away. 

He ran. And Pinball ran really fast. 

On the latch of the chest was a small note that read: "Stay safe! c:" 

Purchasing:

Entrance Fee: 500 Col

For Pinball:

• x12 Diet Soda - 1,800 Col 
  • x1 Funnel Cake - 1,000 Col 

For @Mishiro

• x24 Spider Cider - 1,200 Col 
  • x6 Funnel Cake - 6,000 Col 
  • x10 Obnoxious Corndog - 7,000 Col 
  • x12 Offbrand Energy Drink - 1,200 Col 

Total Paid to @Jack The Ringleader18,700 Col

While the chaos raged around him, Oscar decided that he was hungry. Couldn't very well slaughter hordes of undead on an empty stomach. Or perhaps you could. Perhaps it would be best to do so. But Oscar didn't care about that. What he did care about was the fact that this was a carnival. When you come to a carnival, you expect certain things. Not being attacked by the undead was chief among them. But coming in at a close second was the expectation of hot dogs. Or corn dogs. Or something that contained the mystery meat cylinders that Oscar prided himself on being a connoisseur of. Alas, there was a serious lack of any type of dog within the selection of foods. This was an outrage! A travesty! He punched the nearest zombie that lunged at him across the face, sending it flying through the fabric of the tent. A damn disgrace! Dejected, Oscar saw that he had no other choice if he wanted to be stocked with buffs through the night.  He paid a small sum of Col to the stand owner and walked away with a veritable feast of high-fat, high-sugar carnival foods. But no hot dogs. He decided to vent his frustrations on the nearest group of zombies he could get his hands on.

Spoiler

Bought 5 Diet Soda -750 Col
Bought 3 Funnel Cake -3000 Col
Bought 5 Off-Brand Energy Drink - 500 Col

4250 Col transferred to Jack

The lights dimmed and the ringmaster reappeared. He smiled widely and spread out his arms in an extravagant gesture. Around him, the music began to swell. It escalated, climbing, climbing up to its peak, until it reached a point where everything - the blaring festive music, the beat of the drums, and Jack's strangely clear voice - almost tipped her over the verge of an overload. 

And then it dropped and died.

Silence.

Slowly, subtly, she leaned forward on her seat and looked around.

Jack the Ringleader grinned down at his audience. Excitement - malice - dripped from his voice. And when he laughed, the players began to tense and the ground beneath them shifted. Everyone quickly came to accept that this was not the circus attraction they had been looking forward to. What else could they have expected from a game that lured in thousands only to trap them within?

The first hand burst from the ground. Twisted, rotten flesh peeling off the bone. It scrabbled and clawed its yellow nails against the soil as the undead steadily pull the rest of its decaying body back into the land of the living where it did not belong.

"I'll see you in the morning, heroes!"

--And Mishiro was grabbing An's hand, pulling the stunned girl away from immediate danger. She tossed the silver-haired player an extra teleport crystal and stood atop her chair, holding onto the back of it with an armored hand. "Head for the safe zone!" But they were in the safe zone. The Town of Beginnings, to be exact. Such mobs should have not been allowed to exist within the boundaries, yet here they were. Around them, the inside of the tent plunged into chaos. NPCs were decimated in one hit. Players hastily strapped on their weapons and equipment and formed teams with whoever they could find. Underneath her chair, a zombie only halfway emerged from the ground growled and lashed at her with a flailing arm.

What a vile thing.

She crushed its rotting hand underneath her boot.

They were all coming from the ground. Hopping from one chair to the next, the girl raced towards the temporary refuge of the stage. Where was the safest place to be in this situation? From the sound of it, there were even undead coming from the town outside. The next floor? Was this the only place being subject to a raid or were there multiple? Were there consequences to taking the safe route and evacuating everyone to a safer place, letting the undead roam free until the event's time limit expired? Of course, that was assuming the undead would disappear on their own eventually.

She summoned her axe and cleaved through a particularly determined creep's head, flipped over its handle and used her momentum to pull the weapon out of the ground and along with her, and landed - inelegantly skidding to a stop on the wooden stage. She pulled herself up and reassessed the situation. Players had recovered from the initial shock and were regaining a sense of order. They organized themselves into groups with some heading out into the town and the rest staying to handle the mobs swarming the tent. A player she didn't recognize shoved a large treasure chest into her hands - the weight of it almost pushed her down to her knees - and ran off, presumably to assist the others.

Mishiro staggered backwards and set down the treasure chest, unhooking the latch. A piece of paper she didn't notice fluttered to the ground. Prying the lid open, she stood and held it open with a boot.

Buffs.

The ones who had the resources to buy were distributing buffs. Mishiro tilted her head up and called out to the players in the immediate vicinity. "If any of you need it, there's a treasure chest with free consumables right here!" 

She made a note to thank whoever it was later and took some for herself. 

❄❄❄

TREASURE CHEST OF BUFFS:

• [x1] Obnoxious Corndog

Spoiler

CLAIMING:

• [x6] Spider Cider
  • [x3] Funnel Cake
  • [x6] Offbrand Energy Drink

GIVING TO ARABELLE:

• [x4] Spider Cider
  • [x3] Funnel Cake

GIVING TO ANDROMEDA:

• [x10] Spider Cider
  • [x1] Teleport Crystal

TREASURE CHEST ITEMS GIVEN AWAY (as of Gambit's post)

• [x4] Spider Cider
  • [x9] Obnoxious Corndog

Edited by Mishiro

"Eeeeee!"

Gross, gross, gross!

Without even looking, Arabelle lopped off another head with her scythe. A loud thud, followed by a fainter one - before the decapitated mob returned to dust. The small purple-haired girl had been enjoying a nice leisurely walk to the latest Halloween craze there was when all of a sudden, the temperature seemed to drop a few degrees and literal zombies started bursting from the ground. What the heck? This was supposed to be a safe zone! What was it with safe zones and events invading said safe zones lately?

An event...

Ashen eyes blinked at the halfway-ruined but still colorful flyer on the board. For this to happen while a rather peculiar circus with its suspicious NPC in town... it was too much to be a simple coincidence... and she happened to recall one of her closest friends expressing interest in attending just some days ago. She was not concerned. Not at all. Baka! Mishiro could handle herself. But she couldn't stand the thought of leaving Claude's sister to the wolves, when going in and checking would only spare a little trouble for her. 

Arabelle slammed the butt of her scythe on one mob and reversed her grip to slash at another. As soon as the dirty little nuisances were all handled, she took to the roofs and sped towards the site.

Sure enough. Majority of the zombies were coming from her destination. She searched the outside and shouldered past fleeing players and NPCs - oh, and the occasional annoying undead, but there were some that were too strong and other players had to step in to handle those for her - and pushed past the tent flaps--

Wait, why the hell were they still charging for entrance?

She let out an exasperated puff of air. Thankfully, it wasn't all for naught. Arabelle found her friend beside a treasure chest full of free goodies. "Hey, Shiro-chan! What happened?" She took as much as she wanted, just for good measure, as Mishiro brought her up to speed. Shady ringmaster. Lured everyone in with the promise of a nice circus act. Well, turns out they were the circus act. And now they were stuck fighting these guys for god knows how long. S i g h. It was the Rain Minion event all over again! She realized she took too much and dropped a few back into the chest. Arabelle grabbed her friend's hand. "Alright, loser. There are the strong ones and there are the weak ones. Obviously, we're going for the weaker stuff and leaving the others to the frontliners. Believe me, they're here."

--She whirled around and slammed the blunt end of her scythe against the head of a zombie that was practically already falling apart. It burst into data fragments as soon as her blow connected.

"I think you'd know how to distinguish them."

Spoiler

- 500 Col sent to Jack the Ringleader

[10/07/2019 EDIT:

PURCHASED (and left for An):

• [x3] Funnel Cake

- 3,000 Col sent to Jack the Ringleader]

CLAIMING:

• [x4] Spider Cider
  • [x3] Funnel Cake

Edited by Arabelle

Zandra was expecting some boring, low-budget elephant in cosyume, some nooby acrobats and a clown that was the opposite to funny. Thou that wasn’t the case. As the berserk healer saw the sea of undead appearing, her bored face exploded into a joyful smile. ‘’Awesome! It seems this will be much more fun the expected!!’’ she shouted with a happy voice. With a few swipes she was fully equipped with her damage dealing gear. She was going to pop a mitigation crystal, just in case. Thou the consumable was red marked and she couldn’t activate it. ‘’Never mind then.’’ She said as she was just going to charge the ocean of zombies that was crawling infront of her as a menu poped up. It showed a bunch of consumables that was for sale. She just choosed two sets of each except the health and energy recoveries that she bought half a dozen of each. ‘’Hahaha!!! So, who is first in line?’’ she said and charged the horde.

Bought:

Spider Cider x6 Heals 60 HP 300
Diet Soda x6 Heals 120 HP 900
Popcorn x2 Grants 15 Mitigation 300
Obnoxious Corn Dog x2 Grants 30 Mitigation1 1,400
Fairy Floss x2 Grants 1 Base Damage 400
Funnel Cake x2 Grants 3 Base Damage 2,000
Offbrand Energy Drink x6 Restores Tier*3 Energy 600

Total: 5,900 col

Jinx blinked once, then again. She'd been looking for the main event, and while she HAD found it...The streams of undead, and screams...were not what she was expecting. A halloween event...? The girl tried to recall the last event she'd been too, completely drawing a blank. Shruggling a little, the girl walked forwards with a little skip in her step, not even wearing her combat armour as she wasn't overally thinking. She poked her nose around a little, before hearing an announcement of the event.

The girl thought back to the core of the event. Halloween. The only thoughts that came to mind weren't too calming. Loud noises, chanting and fire. Jinx wasn't sure why people enjoyed such actions...How unsettling. As she thought, the girls body walked without any thought to where she was walking. Passing people she may have recognised if she hadn't been unfocused and not paying attention. 

"Huh, that sounds....different. I suppose it would be fun if i asked someone to join me...i wonder if..." The girls thoughts passed over her, from people to a person. Mishiro! She spotted the other girl in the distance, and made a way over to her. Inside of the tent, the girl looked around, before frowning. She could have sworn her friend was right here, instead, all she saw was a chest on the ground. If jinx had just looked over to her left, she'd see her friend, 'hidden' behind another player. But she didn't, because she's a clutz. 

Unable to stop her curiosuity, the girl looked inside the chest. Buffs? Where these, for the event? She hesitated, before realizing that they should be used...If people were in danger...The girl reached in, taking threeof the ciders and two corndogs, and reading their effects. Useful. Healing and increased mitigation. She placed them in her inventory, opened her messanger system, and contact a particular guild-mate she knew would come to her aid. After sending the message, the girl quickly went to pick up a few more items before remembering she'd be fighting...

The girl donned her armour, and let out a slow breath. She could do this, it was time to help others...she had to do that much at least. 

-Payments: 500 Col to Jack

Items taken from Chest of Mishiro: 

-3 Spider Cider <heals 60Hp>

-2 Obnoxious Corndog <Grants 30 Mit>

Purchases made: 

- 10 Off-brand Energy Drink <Restores TierX3 Energy> (Cost: 1000)

- 10 Spider Cider <Heals 60HP> (Cost: 500)

- 5 Diet Soda <Heals 120HP> (Cost: 750)

Total Cost: 500+1000+500+750= 2750 <To be paid upon post complete

Taking a step forward from the teleport pad, he had heard rumors of a Halloween event with rewards that were far better than some of his own items. To his left stood Penelo, his younger sister that he had stayed away from for some time. He had his own things to deal with. He remained reclusive, talking to none. Draper over his armor was a black jacket, and sheathed on his back was a large white and gold sword to match his style. On the chest of the jacket was a Celestial Ascendant Sun, a reminder as to where he came from. Looking to Penelo he would say, "Find somebody to help you out since you can't fight. Im getting this event done and then getting out of here" He hated being around all of these people. They would ask him questions, such as why his cursor was orange. He was trying to take on his pain alone and it was taking time. He had missed and entire boss fight, and he was debating missing a second. All the training he had been through to get revenge, and then he found out the revenge wasn't even the answer.... 

He walked into the tent of Jack the Ringleader. Jack sounded familiar. Wasn't it the name of the last NPC? The one with the scythe that he fought temporarily. A single scuffle? Handing the NPC col, he would walk out into the hole, seeing hordes of the monsters in front. Unsheathing his weapon, he looked down a the blade. "Here we go again"

-500 Col for Event. 

Funnel Cake  +3 DMG 1000 Col
Obnoxious Corn Dog +30 MIT 700 Col
Diet Soda x5 Heals 120 HP 750 Col
Offbrand Energy Drink x6 Recovers 9 EN 600 Col

-3550 Col sent to Jack the Ringmaster

Following her brother silently, they would appear on the first floor. He had spoken to her in a while but when she received a message about an event she should participate in she didn't hesitate to meet up with him. Hopefully, there wasn't too much fighting. She was only a healer. She could also take a little bit of damage, but she would rather not have to play tank since she couldn't heal herself. Her spear rested on her back and her lantern swung at her side. Find somebody to help you out since you can't fight. I'm getting this event done and then getting out of here" was all her brother had to say. He would walk off, leaving her alone to fend for herself. "What to do now? I didn't think he would just abandon me like that" Walking forward to the "Ringmaster" she would pay the initial fee and pay 650 col to purchase healing items. She would look at the rewards. She wanted that support item. 

-500 Col for Event. 

-650 Col for 13x Spider Cider

Used 2000 in Concession vouchers for 10 Fairy Floss

Edited by Penelo