Noise Maker
ID: 128866 
Tier: 1
Type: Shield
Quality: Rare

22 Uncommon Equipment  |       1650 col
9 Rare Equipment                 |   + 1350 col
Total                                        |   = 3000 col

Yukiro slowly made his way into Jackpot's cave. The place still made Yukiro nervous; and knowing that he would have to confront Jackpot did not make it better. As he got deeper he saw Jackpot sleeping at his usual table. Yukiro approached. 
"Pardon, sorry to wake you up again. I have an mound of equipment I need to sell off, if you wouldn't mind," he said. As he spoke Yukiro began to unload a massive amount of various equipment onto the table, including armor, weapons, and an abundance of shields. "It's all failed equipment, so I'd rather sell it than keep all of it in my shop." 

Edited by Yukiro
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ugh, this floor really was the thing from nightmares wasn't it. She sighed though and shook her head. She had a goal, to get this perfect armor identified. But here she was, walking looking for this cave inside of a cave. She knew that there was a merchant up here who would be willing to identify this armor, so she was headed there now. It took her a bit, but soon enough she walked in and looked around. "Hey, I'm looking for Jackpot? I just got some armor here that I want to have identified." She grabbed the armor to hand it over, along with the col that was needed being transferred to Jackpot.

Identify:

Spoiler

ID: 129850
Type: Light Armor
Quality: Perfect

Cost: 740 Col

Spoiler

ID: 130229
Tier:  1
Type: Two Handed Straight Sword

ID: 130229
Type: Heavy Armor

ID: 130350
Tier:  2
Type: Two-Handed Battleaxe

ID: 130520

ID: 130534

Oscar visited his favorite hole in the wall. He had managed to get his hands on some unidentified loot and very much wanted to see what they turned into. He walked inside and piled it all up on the counter. It wasn't too terribly much. Just five pieces of equipment. Oscar then filled out the order forms for each of the items and dropped some Col on the counter. Once done, he left without a word. Oscar was more than content to leave Jackpot to his work and see what the man managed to identify for him. Hopefully it was something rare and interesting. But knowing how luck was rarely on his side in such things, Oscar figured that it probably wasn't.

7000 Col Transferred to Jackpot

Seemed that Jackpot had some work that had piled up. It would probably be a good thing if he did some of that. Probably. 

The first thing that seemed to make sense was processing the Junk Sales. He tallied everything up.

2 Rares from Koga. 300 to koga out of 400

22 Uncommons, and 9 Rares from Yukiro. 3000 to yukiro out of 4000

Perfect. That meant 4400 col to be sent from Cardinal itself. But how much would Jackpot get to keep for himself?

A measly 1100.

Curses. Looked like he wouldn't be making much money that way. But it was better than nothing.

+ 33 EXP

Spoiler

Koga
2 Rares Junk Sold. 300 col sent to Koga. (+2 EXP)

Yukiro
22 Uncommons and 9 Rares Junk Sold. 3000 col sent to Yukiro. (+31 EXP)

Next, for something a tad trickier. Identification time. Why? Because he had an obligation. One that he had not realized the magnitude of when he had started down this road. One he didn't want anymore. But an obligation nonetheless. He would provide for the people of Aincrad a service that few did. For better or worse, he was their man.

Is that enough filler? Oh, keep going? Alright.

For he was a man of the people. Born to do it. It was his destiny. Nothing could stand between him and his unrelenting desire to give something back to the community that had shunned him for so long. Such was the way of the wriggling worm.

Right, that ought to be enough.

+ 42 EXP

Spoiler

Name: Skin-Hardening Loaf
Your Profession: Merchant
Your Rank: 3
Acquisition Roll ID: 127982
Identification Roll ID:
130897 | LD7 = MIT

Item Type: Snack
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: MIT
Description: "Be careful with this one. Have too many, and your skin will stay like that."
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18214-f10-r3-merchant-youve-hit-the-jackpot/?do=findComment&comment=589325

Name: Antidote
Identification Roll ID:
130898 | LD1 = Antidote

Item Type: Salve
Enhancements: Antidote
Description: Antidote.
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18214-f10-r3-merchant-youve-hit-the-jackpot/?do=findComment&comment=589325

Name: Mythic Jacket
Acquisition Roll ID: 129850
Identification Roll ID:
130899 | LD1 = Regen
130899 | LD13 = MIT
130899 | LD9 = Light Momentum

Item Type: Light Armor
Enhancements: MIT | Regen | Light Momentum
Description: "A black leather jacket with red trim along the collar and sleeves."

Name: Stupid Axe 1
Acquisition Roll ID: 130350
Identification Roll ID:
130902 | LD10 = Bleed 
130903 | LD20 = ACC

Item Type: Two-Handed Battle Axe
Tier: 2
Enhancements: ACC | Bleed
Description: It's a stupid axe.

Name: Stupid Axe 2
Identification Roll ID:
130904 | LD16 = ACC
130905 | LD13 = Bleed 

Description: It's a stupid axe.

Name: Chaos Eater
Identification Roll ID:
130906 | LD19 = DMG or ACC
130907 | LD13 = Bleed or Paralyze

Description: "I was angry with my friend: I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe: I told it not, my wrath did grow."

Koga walked into the shop some time later. He'd almost forgotten that he'd left stuff here to be identified...whoops...The black clad swordsman greeted the shopowner as he approached the counter, "Hey, I'm here to pick up my stuff."

A snack and an antidote. Not bad, not bad. The snack wasn't going to last long...Koga was never not hungry. The man took the Col from his junk sells, and thanked the shopowner before turning around and leaving. Now...should he eat the snack now? Or later...probably save it for later...buuuuut, he was getting mighty hungry. Naw...he should wait...well, at least a few minutes.

Spoiler

Obtained
Name: Skin-Hardening Loaf
Identification Roll ID:
130897 | LD7 = MIT

Item Type: Snack
Enhancements: MIT
Description: "Be careful with this one. Have too many, and your skin will stay like that."

Name: Antidote
Identification Roll ID:
130898 | LD1 = Antidote

Item Type: Salve
Enhancements: Antidote
Description: Antidote.

Oh hey, there was the message that she was waiting for. She walked into the shop and smiled lightly. "Thank's for the gear." She took her armor from the merchant and looked at the stats. Yeah, this was going to do perfectly for making sure that she was going to stay alive just that much longer. Now if only it would help her fix the stuff that she went and royally messed up. That would be a blessing wouldn't it. Either way, she waved to the shop owner as she equipped her new armor and headed out the door, back to hunting for her.

Spoiler

Name: Mythic Jacket
Acquisition Roll ID: 129850
Identification Roll ID:
130899 | LD1 = Regen
130899 | LD13 = MIT
130899 | LD9 = Light Momentum

Item Type: Light Armor
Enhancements: MIT | Regen | Light Momentum
Description: "A black leather jacket with red trim along the collar and sleeves."

Edited by Tala
  • 2 weeks later...

"What's up my dude? Got my axe ready?"

A rhetorical question. Oscar could see his shiny new axe just chillin' there on the counter. So, he picked up his new baby and added it to his inventory. Oscar had done the math. He would only lose about twenty max damage on his axe if he got a bleed proc. Well, after he did a little work to it, that is. Oscar was already shivering at the thought of having to go back to the frozen floor to get the item he needed. But he wouldn't get it done if he didn't do it so after a polite nod to Jackpot, Oscar took his leave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Spyglass (840 col)
    • Item Type: Consumable [3 Charges]
    • Effect: Use to reduce the number of posts required to search for a dungeon or familiar by 5 posts. Effect lasts for one thread. Item is destroyed once all charges have been used.
  • Custom Ambition Tool (840 col)
    • Item Type: Tool
    • Effect: Gain +1 bonus crafting EXP for each crafting attempt.

Randal needed to purchase some items to help himself when he eventually started along his journey to try and find a familiar to accompany him on his travels. He already had a floor and an idea of what he wanted for a familiar but finding something that fit his ideals and would be willing to be his familiar was notoriously difficult.

First he was going to get a spy glass to help locate the potential familiar better.

The next thing on his list was not familiar related but instead related to his crafting, he would buy one custom ambition tool to help him with his cooking so that he would be able to learn and get experience in a better way to improve his craft.

Randal walked into Jackpot’s cave of a shop and made the necessary payments before collecting what he needed from the general store. Simplest transaction ever.

Randal transfers Jackpot 1,680 Col for Spyglass and Custom Ambition Tool.

Edited by Randal
  • 1 month later...

"So," Bahr began as he strode into the shop. "I've got a proposition for you." As Jackpot rose a single brow in curiosity, Bahr continued. "I've heard that Blank T1 Dungeon Maps are only 100 col at cost. I can sell them back to you for 50 col a pop if you don't keep any of it, right?"  He received only a stiff nod a response. "Good. I need a reliable, fully-leveled Merchant. If you let me buy the maps at cost, then sell them back and keep all of the Junk Sale return, we can get you maxed out today."

Bahr purchased 509 Blank T1 Dungeon Maps. 50900 col sent to Jackpot.
Jackpot earns 1527 EXP.

With 509 Blank T1 Dungeon Maps that he knew he wasn't going to use, Bahr was set to finish the deed. "Alright. Now I just sell them back to you. Remember - I get all of the money from the Junk Sale. Right?" Hesitantly, Jackpot nodded in agreement. "Good. Then here you go, 509 Blank T1 Dungeon Maps for junk sale. Should bridge the gap between where you are and all the way to Rank 5. I hope you're worth it." Jackpot hastily snatched the items up, and a moment later, they were all gone. The money was returned to Bahr, and the transaction was complete. Jackpot was now a Grandmaster Merchant.

Junk Selling 509 Blank T1 Dungeon Maps.
25450 col returned to Bahr.
Jackpot earns 509 EXP.

Luckily, MISERY had managed to slip past the guards of the first floor and make his way to the tenth. There, his stealth skills were really pushed to the limit as he did what he could to survive the gauntlet of mobs that roamed the floor. One way or another, however, he'd managed to make his way to his destination. Jackpot's shop was a hole in the wall - literally - but MISERY had heard rumors of the man's exploits in finding unique enhancements. Particularly for newer players.

"I need these identified," MISERY proclaimed curtly as he placed the items on the counter. "Quickly, please."

Spoiler

ID: 136245
Type: Two Handed Battle Axe

ID: 136294

ID: 136199

ID: 136279

ID: 136287

2150 col sent to Jackpot.

All items scrapped.

Spoiler

ID: 136245

ID: 136294

ID: 136199

ID: 136279

ID: 136287

Spoiler

ID: 130477
Tier: 3
Type: 2HBA

ID: 130488

ID: 132491

ID: 132504

ID: 132463

ID: 132490

Oscar had just reached level 50 and, as such, found himself in need of a new weapon. He certainly could have gone to Macradon, but there were just certain enhancements that Macradon couldn't make. So, up he went to Floor 10 to his favorite hole in the wall. Literally. Into Jackpot's unorthodox shop he went with an armful of unidentified gears. He dropped them on the counter, transferred the requisite Col, and then dipped. He needed to go grind up some more stuff in case what he had didn't land him what he wanted. Plus, Jackpot was probably in the back or something, so he wasn't around for a chat.

8000 Col transferred

Spoiler

ID: 131240
Type: Handwraps

It was time to do an evaluation purely for the memes. In truth, Jackpot's shop itself was a meme. A literal hole in the wall? Definitely the type of establishment he wanted to frequent on his journey to immortalize his name among the ranks of the meme team. What was Oscar's goal? To get the strongest possible enhancements on the crappiest, most useless weapon he could think of. Right off the top of his head, Handwraps came to mind. Who in their right mind used Martial Arts in a game about swords? As for making it extra useless, Oscar chose a single T1 unidentified weapon and dropped it on the counter.

"Alright Jackpot. I need you to dig deep. Double Holy and Phase. You got this."

• 2 weeks later...

Cordelia peeked through the shop's doors, her eyes wide as she looked through the unfamiliar shop. It's been a while since she had been to a merchant. . . actually, when was the last time she ha even been to a merchant? Had she ever even been to a merchant?

The girl looked over to the shop owner and offered him a wave. "Hey! Just looking for something to help me craft and stuff, shouldn't be too hard to find, right?" She asked, cracking a grin before she looked around the wares of the shop. 

"Aha!" She exclaimed, holding up the tool. "This is exactly what I needed! A-ah, here," she scrambled to open her menu and send the appropriate Col to the man. "Thanks, again! I'll be sure to come back!" 

Custom Ambition Tool (840 col)

• Item Type: Tool
  • Effect: Gain +1 bonus crafting EXP for each crafting attempt.
  • 4 weeks later...

Bahr busted through the door of Jackpot's shop will of the enthusiasm of a sadistic serial killer chasing his prey. All he needed was the nickname "Johnny" and a hatchet to really sell the experience.

Luckily, he didn't actually have to break open, and the door swung up with a mighty gust of wind. The interior of the shop now laid bare, Bahr was able to saunter into the tiny cave home and present Jackpot with the item he had procured. "This here's an Easter Bunny's Favor. Supposedly I can reroll a slot on my weapon into a unique, but only using your enhancement table. So what do you say? Willing to help me out?"

Jackpot eyed the item precariously, before holding out his upturned palm. The meaning of such an action was fairly obvious - he wanted money in return. Bahr rolled his eyes and, with a sigh, placed 10k col on the table. "This ought to do it. Now let's see what we've got," he declared as he heaved Dawn's Demise onto the counter.

Easter Bunny's Favor handed over to Jackpot.
Dawn's Demise handed over to Jackpot.
10000 col sent to Jackpot.

"Alright, fine," Jackpot relented, scooping up the items and inspecting them both. "This is a real dangerous piece of equipment you've got here," he mused as he scrolled through the data on Dawn's Demise. From what he could tell, it had taken quite a bit of effort on Bahr's part to get it from where it started to where it currently was. "Well, here goes nothing."

The application of the Easter Bunny's Favor went... less than fantastically. Judging by the enhancements currently on the weapon, Jackpot had surmised that he intended to have Holy added in place of Bleed. Sadly, that did not happen.

Instead, it came out as Paralytic Venom. It still offered fair synergy with the rest of the enhancements, but both Jackpot and Bahr knew that it could have been better. Regardless, the deed had been done, and there was no going back now.

"Sorry I couldn't snag you something better. Hope it works for you."

Spoiler

Name: Dawn's Demise
Your Rank: 5
Acquisition Roll ID: 123908B
Identification Roll ID:
#125228 LD:13 Bleed
#125229 BD:10 CD:12 LD:5 Fallen
#127472 LD:6 Fallen (Halloween '19 Sticker)
#127473 LD:20 Phase (Halloween '19 Sticker)

Item Type: Two-Handed Straight Sword
Quality: Demonic
Enhancements: Fallen | Fallen | Phase | Bleed 
Description: "Dawn is the time when nothing breathes, the hour of silence. Everything is transfixed, only the light moves."
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/17883-bahrbaric-evaluations/?do=findComment&comment=584550

Using Easter Bunny's Favor to change the Bleed slot to a randomly rolled unique enhancement.
ID: 139568
LD: 4 (Paralytic Venom)

Name: Dawn's Demise
Your Rank: 5
Acquisition Roll ID: 123908B
Identification Roll ID:
#139568 LD:4 Paralytic Venom (Easter Bunny's Blessing '20)
#125229 BD:10 CD:12 LD:5 Fallen
#127472 LD:6 Fallen (Halloween '19 Sticker)
#127473 LD:20 Phase (Halloween '19 Sticker)

Item Type: Two-Handed Straight Sword
Quality: Demonic
Enhancements: Fallen | Fallen | Phase | Paralytic Venom
Description: "Dawn is the time when nothing breathes, the hour of silence. Everything is transfixed, only the light moves."
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18214-f10-grandmaster-merchant-youve-hit-the-jackpot/?do=findComment&comment=601080