[F10 - Grandmaster Appraiser] You've Hit the Jackpot

"Hey Jackpot!"

Oscar sauntered up into the shop, noticing that Bahr was there too. What was weird was that Jackpot was holding Dawn's Demise. Oscar put two and two together and figured Bahr must've gotten Dawn's Demise upgraded via the Easter Bunny's Blessing. "I sure hope your Blessing turned out better than mine. I got friggin' Fireproof." Oscar sighed as he took his jacket off and placed it on Jackpot's counter alongside a normal Reroll Ticket. Hopefully Jackpot would hit the Jackpot, but Oscar knew the odds were stacked against him. "Just get the Fireproof off that thing. Try to get me Evasion or something, I don't even know my dude."

Spoiler

Item: Tactical Outfitting Mk. III
Enhancements: Vampiric - Defensive, Fireproof, EVA
Changing Enhancement: Fireproof
<<Reroll Ticket>> handed over

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. Lot of business today. Weird.

"Yeah, uh, okay," Jackpot muttered as he grabbed the items. In the end, it seemed as though he'd hit his mark with Oscar's item. For whatever reason, he miraculously managed to reidentify Evasion onto it in place of Fireproof.

"Ahh, yeah, been there," he heard Bahr admit as he scooped up Dawn's Demise and secured it to the small of his back. "Hope you have better luck on the reroll. For now, I've gotta head out." And then he was gone.

"Here ya go," Jackpot finally piped up, producing the new and improve armor. "Got an evasion slot for you. You're all set."

Spoiler

Enhancements: Vampiric - Defensive, Fireproof, EVA
Changing Enhancement: Fireproof

<<Reroll Ticket>> used.
ID: 139617
LD: 14 (Evasion)

Enhancements: Vampiric - Defensive, EVA, EVA

"Awesome. I appreciate the help Jackpot."

Oscar took back his coat and threw it over his shoulders. The moment his arms were looped through the sleeves, he saw his stats tick up to reflect the equipment status. It wasn't an amazing outcome, but it was definitely more functional now. He just didn't have Bahr's luck with loot, it seemed. But, even without Bahr's insane luck, Oscar still had a fairly powerful loadout. Before he left, he passed a parting glance back to the young man in the shop. "I'd expect an influx of customers. There's an event going on."

Bahr saunters back into Jackpot's shop with his newly acquired Easter Bunny's Favor. It was perhaps a bit cheesy - maybe even foolish - to attempt something like this again. He stood to gain much from attempting yet another reroll on his strange mish-mash of a weapon, but he had just as much to lose. Paralytic Venom hadn't been a bad acquisition for his weapon, but he couldn't shake the feeling that there was room for more. It was a high risk, high reward endeavor. He only hoped it would pay off.

"Hey man. Need you to try again on this," he said as he placed Dawn's Demise on the table alongside the Easter Bunny's Favor. "My payment for the last one was a bit steep. It should roll over into this one too, yeah?"

UPGRADING PARALYTIC VENOM SLOT ON DAWN'S DEMISE WITH EASTER BUNNY'S FAVOR.

Rolling.

Spoiler

Name: Dawn's Demise
Your Profession: Merchant
Your Rank: 5
Acquisition Roll ID: 123908B
Identification Roll ID:
#139568 LD:4 Paralytic Venom (Easter Bunny's Blessing '20)
#125229 BD:10 CD:12 LD:5 Fallen
#127472 LD:6 Fallen (Halloween '19 Sticker)
#127473 LD:20 Phase (Halloween '19 Sticker)

Item Type: Two-Handed Straight Sword
Tier: 3
Quality: Demonic
Enhancements: Fallen | Fallen | Phase | Paralytic Venom
Description: "Dawn is the time when nothing breathes, the hour of silence. Everything is transfixed, only the light moves."
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18214-f10-grandmaster-merchant-youve-hit-the-jackpot/?do=findComment&amp;comment=601080

Using Easter Bunny's Favor to change the Bleed slot to a randomly rolled unique enhancement.
ID: 140932
LD: 19 (Absolute Accuracy)

Identification Roll ID:
#140932 LD:19 Absolute Accuracy (Easter Bunny's Blessing '20)

Enhancements: Fallen | Fallen | Phase | Absolute Accuracy
Description: "Dawn is the time when nothing breathes, the hour of silence. Everything is transfixed, only the light moves."
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18214-f10-grandmaster-merchant-youve-hit-the-jackpot/?do=findComment&amp;comment=602424

• 3 weeks later...

"Reroll it," Bahr said curtly.

"What?" Jackpot responded.

"It violates the Phase enhancement cap. You should be able to reroll it."

"Oh, right!"

Bahr was pleased that he had managed to remember this tiny detail. If he'd forgotten, he may have needed to deal with Absolute Accuracy. How embarrassing would that have been? To have Absolute Accuracy where Bleed once was? He felt weaker than ever. Perhaps, with *one more* reroll, he could get what he was looking for. It was wishful thinking, but honestly it was all he could hope for. One more shot to make it right.

"Let's see what happens."

Finally.

Spoiler

Identification Roll ID:
#140932 LD:19 Absolute Accuracy (Easter Bunny's Blessing '20)

Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18214-f10-grandmaster-merchant-youve-hit-the-jackpot/?do=findComment&amp;comment=602424

Rerolling Easter Bunny's Favor roll based on previous roll exceeding enhancement caps.
ID: 144939
LD: 5 (Holy)

Identification Roll ID:
#144939 LD:5 Holy (Easter Bunny's Favor '20)

Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18214-f10-grandmaster-merchant-youve-hit-the-jackpot/?do=findComment&amp;comment=605461

Fill in later.

Spoiler

ID: 143633A
Type: 2HSS
Quality: Rare

ID: 143635A

ID: 143650A

ID: 143553B
Type: Heavy Armor

ID: 143610

ID: 143562B
Quality: Perfect

ID: 143562A

ID: 143632A

• 5 months later...

Though months had passed since Lessa's last visit, the cave had hardly changed at all. She actually took a bit of comfort in that, considering how much she had changed recently. It's nice that some things stay the same, she mused with a small smile. When she caught sight of the plum-haired shopkeeper, she lifted her hand in greeting. "Hey there. I'm not sure if you remember me, but I bought some teleport crystals from you a while back." The smile softened shyly, and she amended, "Well, I tried to, but you gave them to me for free. I still really appreciate that."

With the twinkle of bells, Lessa summoned Scarecrow Sickle from her inventory. Carefully, reverently, she laid it across his counter. "So I was hoping to reroll Sickle's bleed slot into something more..." she waved her hand through the air, searching for the word. "Unique." Tilting her head, she studied Jackpot thoughtfully. "Would you be up for doing that for me?"

Spoiler

Using Easter Bunny's Favor to reroll "bleed" slot.
Scarecrow Sickle [+3 DMG/+1 BLD]

Well well, if it wasn't the attractive blonde from ages past. He couldn't recall when or where he'd seen her before, but luckily she was kind enough to remind him without so much as a prompt. It was a shame he couldn't remember circumstance as easily as he could a beautiful face.

"Ah yes, if it isn't..." He searched for her name above her health bar. "Lessa. And to what do I owe the pleasure?"

Two steps ahead of him again, she explained her predicament. Jackpot was a tad taken aback that there were still players in Aincrad holding onto relics like the Easter Bunny's Favor. That being said, complaining wouldn't be appropriate. It wasn't every day he got to pluck an enhancement from the unique table for free.

"Absolutely. It'll just take a moment."

Though the stamp was applied easily enough, it was still only Merchants who could pull it off. Curious. But as the ornament faded and Scarecrow's Sickle flashed red, the transformation was complete. He tapped on the weapon to inspect it, and allowed a satisfied grin to stretch across his face as he took in the new enhancement.

"Looks like it's got Phase now. Not bad - I've only seen one or two other blades like it. Crazy what these things can do."

Spoiler

Scarecrow's Sickle
[+3 DMG/+1 BLD]

Rerolling Bleed slot with Easter Bunny
's Favor.

ID: 170637
LD: 19 (Phase)

Scarecrow's Sickle
[+3 DMG/Phase]

• 6 months later...

Since the system update, everything had been... different. Among the changes was the inexplicable new ability that Merchants... er- Appraisers had to reroll enhancements on identified gear. Since Bahr happened to know an Appraiser on the very Floor he lived on, along with owning a variety of shields that were great but could be better, one of the first things he resolved to do after waking up after the update and assigning his new skill points was to go to the dude's cave and see if he was in.

Miraculously, the violet-maned tradesman was there. Sleeping at his counter, as usual. He stirred as Bahr plopped an arrangement of four shields on the countertop mere inches from the slumbering salesman's head. 

"Need rerolls on these. Can you do it?"

Spoiler
ID:176582A (T3/Shield/Perfect)
  BD: CD: LD:  
176905 10 8 6 Bloodclot/Para Immune
176906 8 5 9 Taunt/Paralyze
176907 8 7 20 Mitigation/Thorns

Name: End to War - Rose Departure
Profession: Merchant
Roll ID: See Above
Roll Result: See Above
Item Type: Shield
Tier: 3
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Paralyze 1, Paralyze Immunity 1, Thorns 1
Post Link: Here
Description:
A deep green polished gauntlet like bracelet. Should serve as a shield and is easy to conceal, but one cannot feel as though its a shackle once stuck on ones wrist. When struck a sudden backlash of flame, the heat is intense but short.

Reroll Paralyze slot until maximum rerolls reached or Unique is identified.

ID:176058A (T3/Shield/Perfect)
176874 3 9 12 Taunt/Paralyze
176875 7 1 20 Mitigation/Thorns
176876 10 8 16 Holy Bless/Paralytic Venom (Def)

Name: Bittersweet Reception - Halcyon
Enhancements: Taunt, Mitigation 1 (+27), Paralytic Venom 1
Description:
A barrier, small in size that only seems to respond to an attempt to block. Else it hides completely, invisible to the naked eye. When an attack is inbound it flares and creates a sphere of gold around the user's appendage, followed by a cast of electricity as it shatters in a spray.

Reroll Taunt slot until maximum rerolls reached or Unique identified.

ID:176643C (T3/Shield/Perfect)
176908 1 7 10 Taunt/Paralyze
176909 10 12 9 Flame/Frost Thorn
176910 10 12 15 Holy Bless/Paralytic Venom (Def)

Name: Melted Sorrow - Violet Warden
Enhancements: Paralyze 1, Frost Thorns 1, Holy Blessing 1
Description:
A very peculiar shield, unfolding when one flicks ones wrist else concealed. In a sudden spin in manifests, and the soft breeze seems to sooth ones turmoil and fury. To those that make contact with its surface it burns, but to the user. They finally find peace.

Reroll Paralyze slot until maximum rerolls reached or Unique is identified.

Jackpot was jolted awake by the sudden clattering of the proverbial armory that had just been dropped in his shop, scowling at the crimson-clad warrior who had spurred their wake. Though his eyes were narrowed with grief and crusted by the Sandman's handiwork, he still cracked a wry grin at Bahr's inquiry. "You're slipping in your old age," the salesman said. "There's only three shields here - not four."

"But to answer your question, yes. I should be able to take a crack at it."

Summoning a magnifying glass, Jackpot got to work. In a matter of minutes, the process was complete.

"Didn't change much. But I did manage to give your fancy electric shield a little extra oomph."

Spoiler
176906 8 5 9 Taunt/Paralyze

Name: End to War - Rose Departure
Enhancements: Paralyze 1, Paralyze Immunity 1, Thorns 1
Description:
A deep green polished gauntlet like bracelet. Should serve as a shield and is easy to conceal, but one cannot feel as though its a shackle once stuck on ones wrist. When struck a sudden backlash of flame, the heat is intense but short.

Rerolled Slot 1 four (4) times. 
Results:
187829 | LD: 12
187830 | LD: 17
187831 | LD: 6
187832 | LD: 15 (Mitigation/Thorns)

End Result:

187832 10 3 15 Taunt/Paralyze

Name: End to War - Rose Departure +4
Enhancements: Mitigation 1 (+18), Paralyze Immunity 1, Thorns 1
Description:

176874 3 9 12 Taunt/Paralyze
176875 7 1 20 Mitigation/Thorns

Name: Bittersweet Reception - Halcyon
Enhancements: Taunt, Mitigation 1 (+18), Paralytic Venom 1
Description:
A barrier, small in size that only seems to respond to an attempt to block. Else it hides completely, invisible to the naked eye. When an attack is inbound it flares and creates a sphere of gold around the user's appendage, followed by a cast of electricity as it shatters in a spray.

Rerolled Slot 1 one (1) time. 
Result:
187833 | BD: 10 | CD: 7 | LD: 19 (Holy Blessing/Paralytic Venom)
Rerolled Slot 2 three (3) times. 
Result:
187834 | LD: 9
187835 | LD: 8
187836 | LD: 7 (Taunt/Paralyze)

End Result:

187833 10 7 19 Holy Bless/Paralytic Venom (Def)
187836 1 3 7 Taunt/Paralyze

Name: Bittersweet Reception - Halcyon +4
Enhancements: Taunt, Holy Blessing 1, Paralytic Venom 1
Description:

176908 1 7 10 Taunt/Paralyze

Name: Melted Sorrow - Violet Warden
Description:
A very peculiar shield, unfolding when one flicks ones wrist else concealed. In a sudden spin in manifests, and the soft breeze seems to sooth ones turmoil and fury. To those that make contact with its surface it burns, but to the user. They finally find peace.

Rerolled Slot 1 four (4) times. 
Results:
187837 | LD: 4
187838 | LD: 4
187839 | LD: 18
187840 | LD: 12 (Taunt/Paralyze)

End Result:

187840 7 8 12 Taunt/Paralyze

Name: Melted Sorrow - Violet Warden +4
Description:

"Nice," Bahr mumbled as he inspected the shield, seeing that it had now become imbued with the same angelic energy he carried along with his coat. It had aided him well in countless battles - and now, seeing as his health pool had been slashed virtually in half, he expected that it would be a welcome addition to his arsenal once more. There was never telling when something could go horribly awry. Lord knows it had happened to him often enough.

As the items disappeared back into Bahr's inventory, another was summoned and placed on the table. Contrasting the harsh clashes of before, this one settled silently - as though it wasn't truly there at all. "Forgot about this one. Had some upgrades in mind. You have a couple more in you?"

Spoiler

Name: Nightmare Sash
Your Profession: Tailor
Your Rank: 10
ID: 187792
Roll: CD: 12
Item Type: Cloth Armor
Tier: 4
Enhancements: EVA | EVA | Risky
Description: "For every light, there is dark. For every dream, a nightmare."
Post Link: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/17882-f1-r10-tailor-the-crusty-bahrnacle/?do=findComment&comment=638452

Upgrade to Demonic and roll from the Appraiser table with Asgard's Finery. [Obtained Here]

x2 Reroll Tickets [Obtained Here] on standby in case the new enhancement is not what is desired.

Man, he sure was tenacious. While Jackpot could respect the contumacy of Bahr's endless barrage of requests, he would be lying if he said it wasn't quite annoying. What's more, it had been a while since the crimson-clad marauder had actually paid for any of these orders. "... Alright," he relented, reluctantly. "But here's the deal. This is your last free order. You hear me? I do this for you, then my debt is paid. I'm going to go broke running all these commissions for you for free. I mean, hell, at this rate you're singlehandedly responsible for keeping me in the red for the past six months. I just... can't keep that up. You understand?"

His amber hues glued to Bahr's mismatched ones conveyed a genuine sense of annoyance crossed with concern. He waited for Bahr's nod to the affirmative, then got to work. Within a few seconds, he had yet again identified the new enhancement for the gear. Not exactly the best result.

"Ouch..." Jackpot murmured, rubbed the back of his head with one hand as he returned the garment with his other. "Not the best. Hopefully you can still find something to do with it."

Spoiler

ID: 187792
Enhancements: EVA | EVA | Risky
Post Link: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/17882-f1-r10-tailor-the-crusty-bahrnacle/?do=findComment&comment=638452

Upgraded to Demonic and roll from the Appraiser table with Asgard's Finery. [Obtained Here]
Result:
ID: 187841 | LD: 14

x2 Reroll Tickets [Obtained Here] used on the newly created slot.
Results:
ID: 187842 | LD: 20

ID: 187843 | LD: 17 = LD

End Result:
ID: 
187792 (crafted)
187843 (reroll)

Enhancements: EVA | EVA | Risky | LD
Post Link: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18214-f10-grandmaster-appraiser-youve-hit-the-jackpot/?do=findComment&comment=638506

"... That being said," he began, much to the salesman's chagrin. Though the violet-haired shopkeep scowled and groaned, it only made the grin across Bahr's feature's spread ever further. He placed yet another Asgard's Finery on the table as one of the shield's he'd had Jackpot work on only moments before rematerialized on the counter. "Alright. Scout's honor. Last freebie. Last time. Promise. Serious. Then you can charge me out the ass if your heart so delights. I'll go to another shop if I have to, or something. Teleport Crystals are cheap these days, and I only come here because I'm close to the house."

Spoiler

Description:

Upgrade to Demonic and roll from the Appraiser table with Asgard's Finery. [Obtained Here]

Oh, he was mad. Furious, even. But before a man such as Bahr, what was Jackpot to do? He knew that he couldn't really force Bahr to do anything. And though he suspected the Kingslayer wouldn't actually harm him were they to exchange in disagreement, there actually wasn't a guarantee in the matter. At the very least, his threats to visit other shops rang true. Despite the hole Jackpot had dug for himself at the hands of all of Bahr's freebies, were it not for the crimson-clad rascal, Jackpot figured he'd probably have no business at all.

"Fine."

And so he took the item, applied Asgard's Finery, and put it back on the table.

"Last time. No more freebies. Period."

Spoiler

Description:

Upgrading to Demonic and rolling from the Appraiser table with Asgard's Finery. [Obtained Here]
Results:
ID: 187982 | LD: 8 = Taunt/Paralyze [ENHANCEMENT CAP REACHED: Rerolling]
ID: 187986 | LD: 6 = Regen/Recovery

End Result:idk man i ran out of patience for altering raidou's format
Name: Bittersweet Reception - Halcyon
IDs: 
187833 | BD: 10 | CD: 7 | LD: 19 (Holy Blessing) [Appraiser Reroll]
187836 | LD: 7 (Taunt) [Appraiser Reroll]
176876 | BD: 10 | CD: 8 | LD: 16 (Paralytic Venom)
187986 | LD: 6 (Regen/Recovery) [Asgard's Finery]
Item Type: Shield
Enhancements: Taunt | Recovery | Holy Blessing | Paralytic Venom (Defensive)
Description: "A barrier, small in size that only seems to respond to an attempt to block. Else it hides completely, invisible to the naked eye. When an attack is inbound it flares and creates a sphere of gold around the user's appendage, followed by a cast of electricity as it shatters in a spray."
Post Link: https://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18214-f10-grandmaster-appraiser-youve-hit-the-jackpot/?do=findComment&comment=638678

Fortunately, there'd be someone coming along that Jackpot could actually make money from. The new update had meant many appraisers weren't currently open, so she'd had to ask around for one after her latest quest...and apparently there was one on floor ten! It was dangerous to go that high, but she'd managed to find someone much stronger who was heading in that general direction for some farming, and was a kind enough soul to take her along.

"Man, to think I'd have to find some spelunker just to escort me to get my gear appraised...ah, well. You're Jackpot, right? Reckon you could identify these for me?", she questioned, placing some unidentified gear out on the counter, as well as the necessary col.

Spoiler

ID: 187944
Tier: 1
Type: Armour/Shield (Light Armour)
Quality:  Rare

ID: 187944
Tier: 1
Type: Consumable
Quality:  Rare

Edited by Melissa