[F01 - R7 Blacksmith] The Lucky Armament

Day 24

Yukiro glared at his last material. Would this work? Would he finally make the thing he had been trying to make for so long? Was this it?
Wait... Hey, when did all these other ores get here? Ah, no matter. He should just get to work again. An incredible shield isn't gonna make itself! And he was feeling the urge to make an incredible shield!
Yukiro put some ores in the forge, waiting for them to slowly heat up and turn into ingots. He had no real ideas, and so the metal was wrought into things he wasn't considering making. Some didn't make anything at all.
But he needed at least one to make the one.

Spoiler

ID# 128480 | CD: 9
ID# 128481 | CD: 5 LD: 14 (9+5)
ID# 128482 | CD: 7
ID# 128483 | CD: 7
ID# 128484 | CD: 4 LD: 5
ID# 128485 | CD: 2

- 5 T1 Materials
+ 25 Exp
+ (3) T1 Uncommon Shields

Edited by Yukiro
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Day 25

Yukiro put some ores in the forge, waiting for them to slowly heat up and turn into ingots. He had no real ideas, and so the metal was wrought into things he wasn't considering making. Some didn't make anything at all.
But he needed at least one to make the one. 
What was he trying to make? Yukiro was trying to make a shield. He'd seen a shield user around lately, and was thinking of giving him a new shield as a gift. It fit since he had been trying to make a decent shield for a while now. And a new ally was always a good thing. So hopefully he'd get lucky. 

Spoiler

ID# 128658 | CD: 7
ID# 128659 | CD: 10
ID# 128660 | CD: 7
ID# 128661 | CD: 5 LD: 12 (7+5)
ID# 128662 | CD: 7
ID# 128663 | CD: 4 LD: 2

- 5 T1 Materials
+ 30 Exp
+ (3) T1 Uncommon Shields
+ T1 Rare Shield

Edited by Yukiro

Day 26

Yukiro put some ores in the forge, waiting for them to slowly heat up and turn into ingots. He had an idea this time, and but the metal wasn't cooperating like he'd hoped it would. His forge spat out flames until the ores were done turning into ingots in it's fire. After taking them out of the forge Yukiro began to hammer them down into what he hoped would be the shield he needed to make. He wanted the shield user to be outfitted as best he could. You know, so he didn't die or anything like that. 
And aside from simply accompanying him, the best way he could help him live was to make him a shield.

Spoiler

ID# 128862 | CD: 6 LD: 4
ID# 128863 | CD: 10
ID# 128864 | CD: 5 LD: 18
 ID# 128865 | CD: 9
ID# 128866 | CD: 10
ID# 128867 | CD: 7

- 5 T1 Materials
+ 32 Exp
+ (2) Uncommon T1 Shields
+ (2) Rare T1 Shields

Edited by Yukiro

I've finally found it.

NIGHT busted through the door, eyes glinting with mischief and pose oozing with determination. She waved over to the blacksmith as she approached the counter, her feet almost bouncing when she stopped, trying to stand still. "I've got it," she revealed, "I have a plan. Gimmie a broadsword. A big one!" She extended her arms for good measure, and exaggeration.

"It's gotta be perfect," she began, counting out her requirements. "Sharp and large and heavy. Oh!" She added, almost climbing the table with enthusiasm. "Don't forget sturdy!"

NIGHT tossed a pouch onto the counter, letting it land with a jingle. "Here's my down payment," she stated, eyes wide open from disbelief. "Let me know when you have it ready, or if you need materials," she added, quickly moving out of the room. A muffle meow came from a hidden compartment in her clothes. "Oh, and Nyanko says hi!"

Name: Doombringer
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: 5
ID: - - -
Roll: - - -
Item Type: 2H Straight Sword
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Damage, Damage, Damage
Description: A black broadsword; large, heavy and sturdy. The edge is lined with silver, and its guards is decorated with gold. It looks like it's been sharpened to a tee, so handle it with care.
Post Link: - - -

@Yukiro

NIGHT had suddenly ripped through Yukiro's door and demanded a weapon. "I've got it," she'd said, "I have a plan. Gimmie a broadsword. A big one! It's gotta be perfect. Sharp and large and heavy. Oh! Don't forget sturdy!"
I mean, how could he possibly forget sturdy? He was a blacksmith for Popeye's sake!

"Let me know when you have it ready, or if you need materials," she added, quickly moving out of the room. A meow came from her clothes. "Oh, and Nyanko says hi!" 
Yukiro waved from his cot as they left. "Thank you for your buisness, Night. And hi Nyanko!"
Try not to do that when I'm sleeping next time. Please. 

Ah well. Guess it was about time to get to work. 
Yukiro fired up the forge an prepped the ores. Looks like he was trying to make 'a big one' today. Whatever that was.

Spoiler

ID# 128959 | CD: 7
ID# 128965 | CD: 4 LD: 1
ID# 128966 | CD: 3 LD: 16
ID# 128967 | CD: 12
ID# 128968 | CD: 10
ID# 128969 | CD: 6 
ID# 128970 | CD: 1

- 6 T1 Materials
+ 38 Exp
+ T1 Uncommon 2H SS
+ T1 Perfect 2H SS
+ T1 Rare Shield
+ T1 Uncommon Shield

Edited by Yukiro

Yukiro wiped a little sweat from his brow. Why did forging always wear him out? It didn't really matter, but it was still annoying. But, finally after all his hard work, he had completely filled a request! He was quite proud of himself. The long, thick blade of the sword looked, quite frankly, out of proportion for it's new wielder. The handle had ribs, alternating between leather and steel for it's grip. And the blade's edge itself was a glinting steel, while the blade was covered with a dark black surface. A fuller that also revealed it's steely nature reached about half the blade's length. He might have considered using it, if it weren't for the terrifying lack of balance. Though he did want to see NIGHT tip over when she first held it.
He typed out a quick message to NIGHT;

@NIGHT
                    I finished your sword. Come pick it up when you're ready.

Spoiler

Name: Doombringer
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: 6
Roll ID: 128967 
Roll Result: 12
Item Type: 2H SS
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: DMG | DMG | DMG
Description: A black broadsword; large, heavy and sturdy. The edge is lined with silver, and its guards is decorated with gold. It looks like it's been sharpened to a tee, so handle it with care.
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18240-f01-r6-blacksmith-the-lucky-armament/?do=findComment&comment=586496

"Yo!" NIGHT called out, crashing into the workshop once again, a hand raised as a greeting. "It's done?! That was fast. I'm kind of jealous, but thank you very much." She attempted to pick up the broadsword -- and it would be a lie to say that she didn't struggle with it to begin with. But, after a bit of steady work, she was able to lift it with ease.

"Sweet," she breathed, excited to give the blade a swing (and she would've, if she weren't in someone else's workshop). "I'll deliver the rest of the materials as soon as I get them," NIGHT promised, sheathing the sword and heading out the door. "Take care!"

+ Gained [T1E3] Doombringer.

Day 28

Yukiro tossed some ores into his burning hot forge. The ingot began to melt and change form in the fires, slowly shifting from ores to ingots. The very ingots Yukiro would use to forge whatever craft he was trying to make. And he was still set on making that shield. It was just a slow process at this point. 
Yukiro's ingots were finally done cooking. He used a pair of tongs to pull one out of the fires and started to beat on it with a hammer. The ingot was pounded flatter and flatter, wider and wider, until it began to resemble the shape of a shield.

Spoiler

ID# 129083 | CD: 12 | T1 Perfect Shield
ID# 129084 | CD: 3 LD: 2
ID# 129085 | CD: 5 LD: 18
ID# 129086 | CD: 11 | T1 Rare Dagger
ID# 129087 | CD: 9 | T1 Uncommon Heavy Armor
ID# 129088 | CD: 11 | T1 Rare Dagger
ID# 129089 | CD: 6 | T1 Uncommon Dagger

- 6 T1 Materials
+ 42 Exp
+ T1 Uncommon Dagger
+ T1 Uncommon Heavy Armor
+ (2) T1 Rare Dagger
+ T1 Perfect Shield

Edited by Yukiro

Saruki was atop the rooftops once again, looking for a shop, either one that sold food, or a blacksmith's shop...

Stupid identical streets... It took him hours to find the Lucky Armament in the labyrinth that was a simple grid system. He'd heard good things about this shop... is what he'd like to say, but he was, in reality, just lost. Hopelessly lost.

Walking in through the front door, he found that he'd gotten lucky. The Lucky Armament, that is... terrible pun... I need a spear so I can go and get food... mushrooms maybe?

It was at this point that the... Giant really freakishly tall player at the back of the store greeted him, "Welcome to Lucky Armament. What is it you need?"

"I need a spear..." Saruki replied, "And directions, preferably."

"We've got some one and two handed assault spears... but we're fresh out of directions," the freakishly tall (Oh, his player tag says... I couldn't see it at first,) Yukiro replied.

Saruki walked to the walls, which were made out of weapon racks... if you looked just right, you could see the next building... Saruki grabbed a spear that appeared to be made out of gold, but before he bought it he saw a sign...

On 10/8/2019 at 11:27 PM, Yukiro said:

<<UNCOMMON GEAR IS FREE FOR ANYBODY IN TIER 1>>

So he put the golden spear back and grabbed an iron one instead... It was a two-handed spear this time.

"I would like to buy this..." Saruki told Yukiro, "but I don't want too because it's free, so can I have it?"

That sounded mean... Saruki thought, "Sorry, I didn't intend to sound that way... I'm just hungry and need to go buy food as soon as possible... I still want the free spear, though."

"Sure..." Yukiro responded.

Spoiler

Name: Iron Spear
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: 4
Roll ID: 127581
Roll Result: 9
Item Type: 2H Assault Spear
Quality: Uncommon
Enhancements: Accuracy
Description: It's pretty much just a giant needle. It's thin and light, has a hole in the back. I dare you to try and sew with it.
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18240-f01-r3-blacksmith-the-lucky-armament/?do=findComment&amp;comment=584646Name: Iron Spear

"Thank you," Saruki said quickly before running out of the shop fast enough that he looked like a thief... a legal thief. He'd find an NPC shop that sells food, then he'd return here... assuming Yukiro hasn't... Saruki might offer to help that guy, he just didn't seem like the gathering type.

... Weird kid. Saruki, was it..? 
As much as the boy's visit had been odd and concerning it did tell Yukiro one key thing. He was short on two-handed spears. Which was bad, considering how many spear-users he was seeing these days. He'd have to change that; and as quickly as he could manage to do so. 
Yukiro pulled some materials from his inventory. He needed to get to work, so he tossed some ores in the forge and waited, tongs in hand, for one of them then to be ready. As soon as one was Yukiro ripped it out of the forge and got to hammering it out, making it longer and thinner ever so slowly. 

Spoiler

ID# 129262 | CD: 5 LD: 19
ID# 129263 | CD: 11
ID# 129264 | CD: 5 LD: 14 (9+5)
ID# 129265 | CD: 3 LD: 12 (7+5)
ID# 129266 | CD: 5 LD: 20 
ID# 129267 | CD: 6
ID# 129268 | CD: 4 LD: 2

- 3 T1 Materials
+ 32 Exp
+ T1 Rare 2H Assault Spear

Edited by Yukiro

Day 30

Hmm... I could use a spare set of armor. Yukiro was considering the future battles with boss monsters he might encounter. If worst came to worst... He'd need some extra protection. He didn't want to lose the evasive properties from his current armor... So he'd have to keep a piece of heavy armor to switch with his overcoat should the need arise. Yukiro pulled some materials from his inventory. He needed to get to work, so he tossed some ores in the forge and waited, tongs in hand, for one of them then to be ready. As soon as one was Yukiro ripped it out of the forge and got to hammering it out, making it wider and flatter ever so slowly

Spoiler

ID# 129349 | CD: 11 | T1 Rare Heavy Armor
ID# 129350 | CD: 6 | T1 Uncommon 2H Assault Spear
ID# 129351 | CD: 9 | T1 Uncommon Heavy Armor
ID# 129352 | CD: 9 | T1 Uncommon Heavy Armor 
ID# 129353 | CD:1 | Fail
ID# 129354 | CD: 8 | T1 Uncommon Heavy Armor
ID# 129355 | CD: 7 | T1 Uncommon Heavy Armor

- 7 T1 Materials
+ 35 Exp
+ T1 Uncommon 2H Assault Spear
+ (4) T1 Uncommon Heavy Armor
+ T1 Rare Heavy Armor

Edited by Yukiro

Day 31

Yukiro pulled some materials from his inventory. He needed to get to work, so he tossed some ores in the forge and waited, tongs in hand, for one of them then to be ready. As soon as one was Yukiro ripped it out of the forge and got to hammering it out, making it longer and thinner. Yukiro was making more spears, as he was realizing that he needed to broaden his stock of weapons. Two-handed spears and one-handed swords were his goals in particular today. No slouching this time; he put in a full, honest effort. 

Spoiler

ID# 129599 | CD: 9 | T1 Uncommon 2H Assault Spear
ID# 129600 | CD: 7 | T1 Uncommon 1H Straight Sword
ID# 129601 | CD: 10 | T1 Rare 2H Assault Spear
ID# 129602 | CD: 3 LD: 13 | Material Salvaged
ID# 129603 | CD: 2 | Fail
ID# 129604 | CD: 7 | T1 Uncommon 1H Straight Sword
ID# 129606 | CD: 9 | T1 Uncommon 2H Assault Spear

- 6 T1 Materials
+ 34 Exp
+ (2) T1 Uncommon 2H Assault Spear
+ (2) T1 Uncommon 1H Straight Sword
+ T1 Rare 2H Assault Spear

Edited by Yukiro

Day 32

Yukiro pulled some materials from his inventory. He needed to get to work, so he tossed some ores in the forge and waited, tongs in hand, for one of them then to be ready. As soon as one was Yukiro ripped it out of the forge and got to hammering it out, making it longer and thinner. Yukiro was making armor this time, along with one-handed swords. He never really made one handed swords, so it was good that he was doing so now. No slouching this time; he put in a full, honest effort. As he made the swords he felt a ping of regret for some reason. 
Oh well. It was probably nothing. 

Spoiler

ID# 129672 | CD: 8 | T1 Uncommon 1H SS
ID# 129673 | CD: 10 | T1 Rare 1H SS
ID# 129674 | CD: 3 LD: 12
ID# 129675 | CD: 3 LD: 14 (9+5)
ID# 129676 | CD: 2
ID# 129677 | CD: 7 | T1 Uncommon 1H SS
ID# 129678 | CD: 9 | T1 Uncommon 1H SS

- 5 T1 Materials
+ 33 Exp
+ (3) T1 Uncommon 1H SS
+ T1 Rare 1H SS

Edited by Yukiro

Day 33

Yukiro pulled some materials from his inventory. He needed to get to work, so he tossed some ores in the forge and waited, tongs in hand, for one of them then to be ready. As soon as one was Yukiro ripped it out of the forge and got to hammering it out, making it longer and thinner. What was he making today? Maybe... katana. Yeah, he could do that. He pounded on the metal with a vengeance, putting just as much anger into the process as he did care. 
And soon enough a new sword was born. 

Spoiler

ID# 129812 | CD: 7 | T1 Uncommon Katana
ID# 129813 | CD: 6 | T1 Uncommon Katana
ID# 129814 | CD: 11 | T1 Rare Katana
ID# 129815 | CD: 1
ID# 129816 | CD: 1
ID# 129817 | CD: 11 | T1 Rare Katana
ID# 129818 | CD: 2

- 7 T1 Materials
+ 33 Exp
+ (2) T1 Uncommon Katana
+ (2) T1 Rare Katana

Edited by Yukiro

Day 34

Yukiro pulled some materials from his inventory. He needed to get to work, so he tossed some ores in the forge and waited, tongs in hand, for one of them then to be ready. As soon as one was Yukiro ripped it out of the forge and got to hammering it out, making it longer and thinner. Today he was making katana. He was determined to make a good one this time. He'd met a new katana user, and whether or not she needed it he wanted to have one on standby. Finally he finished what would hopefully be a perfect weapon. If not... That would be disappointing. 

Spoiler

ID# 129918 | CD: 7 | T1 Uncommon Katana
ID# 129919 | CD: 5 LD: 11 (6+5) | Salvage
ID# 129921 | CD: 6 | T1 Uncommon Katana
ID# 129922 | CD: 10 | T1 Rare Katana
ID# 129923 | CD: 11 | T1 Rare Katana

- 4 T1 Materials
+ 28 Exp
+ (2) T1 Uncommon Katana
+ (2) T1 Rare Katana

Edited by Yukiro
  • 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

Name: Guilty thorn MK II
Your Rank: 6
ID: [Leave Blank]
Roll: [Leave Blank]
Item Type: Weapon (Rapier)
Tier: 2
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: 2 slots of DMG
Description: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/94/2a/89/942a895e6a5773e467dbc2df6c5fc643.jpg
Post Link: [Leave Blank]

Name: Polaris
Your Rank: 6
ID: [Leave Blank]
Roll: [Leave Blank]
Item Type: shield
Tier: 2
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: 1 slot MIT, 2 slots of Thorns
Description: https://img2.finalfantasyxiv.com/accimg/22/53/2253dec05fdf69250bedd5ed9159521924678d5e.png
Post Link: [Leave Blank]

orders are above, ne~!

16 Mats sent to yukiro as payment... and donates 30 T1 mats just because :3

Mina entered into the shop, glancing over at the boy sitting on a cot that was near an anvil off to the side of the room, who immediately stood to greet her. He seemed oddly familiar to her, causing her to tilt her head in confusion... Oh! she had met him during the Halloween event! He was the poor soul that had absolute shite luck when it came to hitting the boss, which made her wince inwardly. That had to have sucked... Her familiar hopped off of her shoulders, and began to flutter around the room while she nabbed a few of the request forms, filling one out for a perfect armor, the other one for a rare weapon. She figured it would just be easier to go after the <<Essence of Steel>> quest boss, than to sit there and ask someone to make her two perfects. Besides, it would give her the opportunity to actually test out the weapon and the shield when she went after the field boss. She carefully wrote her contact info onto each request, and passed them over the counter, along with a rather large pile of ingots... 46 to be exact. She cheerfully waved, before exiting the shop, her familiar fluttering out behind her.

@Yukiro

Day 35..? Sure, we'll say 35. It's been a while though. 

Day 35

Yukiro could swear he'd seen her before... Her name was Tricolor_Mina? Yeah, he'd heard that one before... 
Hmm... Where was it... 
Oh no. She'd seen him at the boss fight. At that utterly humiliating experience where he managed to be of exactly no use whatsoever. Ah, that was very, very bad. 
Well, there was no helping it now. That fight was over and done with. All he could do for now to restore his image was make what she needed made. He glanced over the request forms. A shield and a rapier, huh..? 
Yukiro glanced at the long-dead forge. 
"Well... Time to get fired up." 
Yukiro lit the forge, which roared to life. 

Spoiler

ID# 131780 | CD: 3 LD: 12 | Salvage
ID# 131781 | CD: 8 | T2 Uncommon Rapier
ID# 131782 | CD: 10 | T2 Rare Rapier 
ID# 131785 | CD: 5 LD: 3 | Failed Salvage 
ID# 131786 | CD: 2 | Fail
ID# 131787 | CD: 1 | Fail
ID# 131788 | CD: 9 | Uncommon T2 Shield

-6 T2 Materials
+ 31 Exp
+ T2 Uncommon Shield
+ T2 Uncommon Rapier
+T2 Rare Rapier

Edited by Yukiro

Alkor walked into the Blacksmith shop and looked around. It was rare to come to the first floor looking for items, let alone weapons, but the Swordsman had decided on something new. He needed to get a weapon appropriate to train himself up until he could improve his skill enough to switch for something of higher quality. With that in mind, he moved toward the desk to put in his request. If the Blacksmith was around, he hadn't seen him yet.

Maybe he was in the back filling an order? Ah, well. Alkor opened the menu and scribbled a note for the proprietor to read whenever he got in. It detailed the weapon he wanted, and he left an amount of materials necessary to cover the creation as well. Satisfied he would get results, Alkor turned to leave and gave a quick, respectful bow before the door shut behind him.

-10 T1 Materials, to Yukiro

@Yukiro

Regards,

My name is Alkor, and I am looking for a Curved Sword to use for training. Enclosed are materials with which to craft the weapon. If possible, I would like it to have increased damage dealing capabilities, and the ability to inflict the [BLEED] effect. I am willing to bear whatever cost you request.

P.S. ooc, Bahr said something about wedgies.

Edited by Alkor

Day 36, I guess. It'll have to be 36, I lost track of how long it's actually been. 

Yukiro started up the forge. Wow, he suddenly went from nothing to do to everything he could possibly need to do. Glancing at the requests that he suddenly needed to fill, Yukiro decided that it was about time he got back into the habit of working here. 
"...It's gonna be a long day," he muttered to himself. 
After tossing some of the ores into the fire Yukiro started to pace, waiting for the materials to melt into forgable ingots. Once they finally did, he transferred one from the hot forge to the solid anvil and began to beat on the metal with his hammer. Thinner and flatter the heated metal got, until it really began to resemble something new. 
Now to hope for it to be what he needed. 

Spoiler

ID# 132135 | CD: 1 | Fail
ID# 132136 | CD: 3 LD: 12 | Salvage
ID# 132137 | CD: 1 | Fail
ID# 132138 | CD: 10 | T2 Rare Shield
ID# 132139 | CD: 7 | T2 Uncommon Shield
ID# 132140 | CD: 10 | T2 Rare Shield
ID# 132141 | CD: 7 | T2 Uncommon Shield
ID# 132142 | CD: 9 | T2 Rare Shield

- 7 T2 Materials 
+ 41 Exp
+ (2) T2 Uncommon Shield