[F1-SP] A Tuskful Task <<The Second Lesson, is Also Free>>

"Listen here, boy! You've already made this take longer than it needed to. This here package should 'ave been here this morning!" 

Lysel stomped around the shop like an angry boar, jabbing a finger at the package Elio had brought him. "Since you were late, you oughta open it for me. Get to it!" Annoyed by the hostile NPC, Elio moved over to the package to examine it. The package itself was a wooden box. I wonder what's in this thing, anyway. It sure was heavy. Taking his axe, the boy hacked off one side of the box with a clean chop.

The blacksmith screeched in fury. "What in Aincrad do you think you're doing!? Be careful with that! You get one dent on these precious metals and I'll have ya workin' here for a month!" He rushed over to a nearby crate and grabbed some sort of towel, proceeding to clean the metals inside Elio's package. 

Edited by Elio

"Now, since you've caused me so much trouble, you're going to go fetch me some items, ya hear? I want you back quickly, now! Do you have any idea how many weapon orders I've got to complete? You're going to keep me up all night with your lollygagging!  Now get to it!"

To Elio's surprise, a Quest GUI opened before him. Another one? Is this some sort of chain Questline, I wonder?  After a brief pause, Elio pressed Accept, and the NPC resumed his ranting.

"Good! Now, you're gonna go fight some boars, got it? Lucky for you, I only need ya to kill some little ones. They should be out in the fields. At this time of night, though..." The blacksmith glanced out the window, a hint of concern visible in his expression. "Just be careful about other creatures out there. It's not exactly the safest at night." He turned back to glare at Elio. "But it's yer own fault! Now get going! Three Boar Pup Tusks! Bring 'em here pronto!"

Muttering under his breath, Elio exited the shop and started on his way towards Floor 1's plains. He had seen monsters before, but never fought one. This will certainly be an experience. I guess this is the deciding factor on whether I keep doing these dumb Quests. If I end up hating the combat mechanics, well... may as well stay here on Floor 1 until the front-liners clear the game. If all goes well... I guess we'll see.

The town seemed sinister at night. Few players roamed around here at these hours, most preferring to either stay inside or head out grinding the nighttime monsters. Elio took a breath as he arrived at the gates leading to the plains area. Time to see what this game is all about. A shiver ran down his spine as he stepped from the town's cobblestone onto the grass of the wild monster territory.

Edited by Elio

Elio watched nervously as spawn particles appeared against the dark horizon. A black shape appeared not too far away, not yet locked on to Elio. Gulping, he stepped closer, trying to make out what type of creature it might be. Some sort of extension was visible... what was it? Tusks, he realized. It's a boar!

Suddenly, smaller spawn particles appeared near the boar, spawning in three locations near, but not next to, the boar. One stood about two dozen feet from Elio. These must be the boar pups... meaning the bigger one is their mother. I can't let the mother see me... that could be an issue. I need to make sure I only fight one of these guys at a time, too, or else I'll get swarmed.

The novice player decided he couldn't think about what he was about to do. He had to charge! Quietly as he could, Elio rushed the nearest Boar Pup.

Spoiler

INITIAL STATS
Elio: 60 HP | 4 DMG | 6 EN | 1 ACC
Boar Pup: 5 HP | 3 DMG

ROLL PHASE
ID: 125912
BD: 6 + 1 (ACC) = 7. Success.
MD: 2. Failure.

ATTACK PHASE
Elio

• WHIRLWIND: 4 (base) x 2 = 8 DMG
  • -2 EN

Boar Pup

• -8 HP

STAT RESULTS
Elio: 60 HP | 4 DMG | 4 EN
Boar Pup: 0 HP | 3 DMG. Dead.

LOOT ROLL
ID: 126005
LD: 2. Failure.

Edited by Elio

With a heavy swing of his Battle Axe, Elio knocked to Boar Pup several feet backwards before it was hit with a shock wave from the blow. This second hit drained the last bit of the pup's health, causing it to burst into particles with a loud squeal. The mother boar jerked her head up towards Elio. Oh no.

With a loud squealing noise, the mother boar rushed the player. The remaining two pups ran the opposite direction as fast as their tiny legs could take them. Elio froze in fear as the mother boar drew closer, tusks lowered, squealing like mad. Is this it for me? Am I really about to be killed in my first real fight?

"Aghhhhhhh!" Elio yelled, preparing another Sword Skill as his axe starting glowing with energy. "I'm not going down like this! Not to a freaking boar!" It was upon him now, ready to strike.

Spoiler

INITIAL STATS
Elio: 60 HP | 4 DMG | 7 EN | 1 ACC
Boar: 10 HP | 5 DMG

ROLL PHASE
ID: 126006 
BD: 2 + 1 (ACC) = 3. Failure.
MD: 4. Failure.

ATTACK PHASE
Elio

• -2 EN

Boar