[F01-PP] <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>>

Em had walked around nervously was the wind blew around softly cooling off both herself and those who were outside in the blistering heat. she looked around in confusion as to what she was supposed to do when she saw an old man at the center of the town of beginnings. She decided to walk over to him and see if he could help her get started since she vaguely remembered the tutorial talking about how talking to certain NPC's were important. "Excuse me sir I'm Emily I was wondering if I could help you with anything?" She asked nervously as she tried not to get to worked up. 

The man zachariah smiled at the young teen like an elderly person usually would and nodded. "That's right miss I need 5 one tier materials you can find then inside of the first floor." He replied happily as he was more then happy to help out new comers. "Alright sir I'll get right to it!" She replied happily as she gave a small bow to the old man and walked away looking to see if anyone would be willing to join her on this little adventure.

Screenshot_20190430-163725.png

Yukiro was sitting on his usual bench, watching the sky yet again. He seemed to keep finding himself here whenever he was feeling melancholic. He also found that it never really helped. 
Letting out a heavy sigh, Yukiro lowered his head and began to glance around the town square. NPCs were bustling about, heading to nowhere in particular. Players were everywhere. Some were going to shops, others laughing with their party, while more still were simply wandering about. 
Among the crowd, one girl stood out to him in particular. She seemed to be a little lost, as she kept glancing around at people. It triggered a sort of urge to go help. 
Besides, it's wrong to leave someone to struggle. Or maybe I'm just making up excuses.
Either way, only one thing to do.
As he stood up and made his way towards the girl he suddenly felt very self-conscious. He probably seemed creepy; a massive guy going to talk to a random girl. As he got close to her he felt the urge to simply keep walking and pretend he'd never seen her. 
It was a bit too late now though. 
"Pardon me," he started, "I was wondering if I could assist you with anything."

Yep, totally not creepy.

She squeaked in suprise at the fact someone was talking to her and nodded nervously. "I took a quest to the first floor dungeon to get 5 one tier items from there but its my first time doing this so I'm not really sure as to what I'm supposed to do." She explained nervously as she looked around alittle trying to figure out what would be the best thing to do. "If you dont mind do you want to make a party?" She asked curiously to man who in her case was a giant to her. "Of course it's up to you I don't mind if you dont or not!!!" She said in a small panic as she shook her trying to shake off the nervousness and smiled at the teen happily.

"I'm sorry for being rude! I'm emily! It's nice to meet you and thank you for helping me!" She said in a much happier tone then before. "What's your name mr?' She asked curiously as she could feel the knightly aura he had for some strange reason.

As he looked down at the relatively tiny girl, Yukiro started to feel nervous. Why? He hadn't the slightest clue. 
"My name is Ju-- Yukiro." He nearly used his real name again. He really needed more practice talking to people. Clearing his throat, he continued, "I wouldn't mind partying with you, if you prefer to do so."
It was at this point that he realized that he actually didn't know how to form a party. His mind began to race at unprecedented speeds to figure out what to do next.
Based on her description of the quest, it's probably the first lesson. She shouldn't really need help with it, but if she's asking then I should still accompany her. What should I say? I've never trained for this! 
"Er, Emily, was it? It's good to meet you as well. I will do my best to support you on this quest."
There. That should set her mind at ease, at least a little bit.

"Thanks yukio! Here I'll send the party request now!" She replied with a smile as she realised he might not know how to. She decided to look through the menu and hit the request party button and typed in his name then hit sent. "Alright I sent the party request you should should get it now" she replied nervously as it was her first time doing this kind of thing. "By the way do you want to be friends?" She asked curiously to the young knight. "If you dont want to that's fine I'll just have to find a way to earn it!" She chirped happily with a tone of determination to do just that. 

"I might not be the strongest team mate you'll have but I've got some healing items if we need it!" She replied cheerfully begining to ramble. Being quiet was never easy for her but she really did not want to be doing this whole death game thing on her own. " ok em relax he said he was gonna join you dont scare him off!" she scolded herself harshly and finally became quiet to let him think.

Yukiro felt his face get a little hot. Looking away to hide what he assumed was a flush of color he realized what was making him so nervous.
It's not just talking to someone. She's being friendly. The fact that she's a girl probably isn't helping. This is not the time for such feelings! Get a hold of yourself!
Yukiro saw a notice appear in front of him. A party invitation, from Emily. He tapped the accept button. A small health bar appeared in the side of his field of vision. Not a completely foreign sight, but not a familiar one either.
Friends... I suppose there's no reason to refuse. He wanted to avoid getting to close to her. The risk of losing a friend was too much for him. That said, he couldn't simply turn her down either. After a moment of thought, he determined that once she actually spent some time with him she'd realize that he simply wasn't fit to be her friend. For now though...
"Of course. We're friends, I suppose. And don't worry about being strong. That comes only with time. Though I must say I appreciate the offer of healing," he assured her. Or at least, he felt like he was assuring her. Jeez, communicating really was hard.

"Alright then let's head for that Dungeon!" She chirped happily and ran ahead of him sort of like a kid would when playing tag. "This will be so much fun dont you think yukiro?" She asked curiously  as she slowed down alittle and walked backwards back to the knight hyperly. "Sorry about the bouncing around I'm just really excited for the first quest!" She chirped and jumped over a small wall then landed with a kind of "ta da!' Style. "I wonder what items we should bring back mr zachariah didnt specify which ones he wanted just that they had to be 1st tier." She replied looking at the information of the quest they where doing on the request menu curiously. 

"Do you think itll be filled with terrifying monsters?" She asked curiously as she really just COULDN'T stop asking questions. "Theres just so much I dont know yet!" She cheered happily and was really tempted to run in circles around the knight like she'd some anime characters do back in irl.

She does realize it's just in the open fields, right?
Emily started to run ahead of Yukiro. She sort of reminded him of a small child. Suddenly she slowed down and began walking directly in from of him, backward. "This will be so much fun, don't you think Yukiro?" she asked him brightly. 
"I suppose it will, won't it?" he replied with a slight smile. Emily looked happy as she bounced around. She was pretty much acting the way any hyper child would. Yukiro hated to admit it, but it was kinda cute. He'd never say it out loud though. He gave a small applause as she vaulted over a small wall. 
"I wonder what items we should bring back Mr. Zackariah didn't specify which one he wanted just that they had to be 1st tier," Emily chattered. 
...She doesn't know that this is just in the field, does she?
"Do you think it'll be filled with terrifying monsters?" she asked. Was Yukiro supposed to tell her that it was pretty much just boars and wolves, as far as he knew? "There's just so much I don't know yet!"
Despite his best efforts, Yukiro couldn't help but let an ever so slight smile adorn his face.

"ITS SO PRETTY!!!" She squealed happily when she saw the fields and ran towards one of the flower fields. Only to see that she couldnt pick the flowers and when she had tried to pick a not dead one the poor thing had shattered into a million pieces. "What should we do now yukiro we cant get the flowers." She asked curiously as she had no idea as to what to give zachariah now. "I'm up to any kinds of suggestions." She replied happily as she tried to look around for something else to try and obtain. This quest was turning out to be alittle hard then she had originally thought but she was not going to give up. Not now not ever! "We just need to do our best and we will eventually get it done right!" She replied happily

ID# 126661 results:

Battle: 1

Craft: 5

Loot: 9

MOB: 1

Edited by Emily Snow
Spoiler

ID# 126663
LD: 19

Yukiro followed Emily at a brisk walking pace, with which he found himself lagging behind quite a bit. She was quick, that was for sure.
She ran straight to a bed of flowers and bent down to pick one. It shattered in her hands. 
And all to familiar experience to Yukiro. He'd always hated gathering. It was slow, tedious, and lacked any combat of any kind. What a horrible system. 
"What should we do now Yukiro? We can't get the flowers," Emily asked him, seeming more curious than she did dismayed. "I'm up to any kinds of suggestions," she said cheerfully. 
Yukiro sighed. Emily was starting to look elsewhere. Looks like he'd end up having to guide her anyway.

"We just need to do our best and we will eventually get it done right!" she concluded. Yukiro walked up and lightly grabbed her wrist to make sure she wouldn't wander off.
"You were in the right place. It's not your fault that you didn't get the flower, it's just the system," he said as he keeled beside the flowers. He reached down and picked a pale blue flower. He let out a sigh of relief when it didn't shatter in his hands. He turned to Emily and smiled. "See?"

Edited by Yukiro

"Oh ok then let's keep trying!" She replied happily and went to pick another flower but hesitated. She kind of hope it will work this time but knew it might not happen. "I guess these kinds of things just test your patients." She replied with a small smile as she took a deep breath and plucked the flower to see if it would disappear. Which it did causing em to grumble. "I see what you mean by this being slow and tedious yukiro." She replied with a sigh and layed on the ground. "How about we take a break from plucking the flowers and see what else we could find?" She replied as she looked at the sky with a small smile on her face. 

"Besides once we regain alittle bit of our sanity it shouldnt be to hard to complete right?" She replied cheerfully and closed her eyes enjoying the warm sun. It would only a small nap that couldnt really hurt right? Em most certainly hoped not.

Screenshot_20191025-225746_Discord.jpg

Edited by Emily Snow
To short of a reply
Spoiler

ID# 127367 | LD: 11
1/5 T1 Materials found

"Oh ok then let's keep trying!" Emily replied happily. She kneeled down to pick another flower. "I guess these kinds of things just test your patients," she decided with a small smile.
"No kidding," Yukiro replied, thinking back to his gathering experiences. 
Emily took a deep breath and plucked a flower. It glowed for a moment before shattering. Emily made some frustrated grumbles. "I see what you mean by this being slow and tedious Yukiro." She sighed and laid down on the ground. "How about we take a break from plucking the flowers and see what else we could find?" She looked at the sky with a small smile on her face. 
Yukiro sat down next to her. "Are you sure you want to wait?"
"Besides once we regain a little bit of our sanity it shouldn't be to hard to complete right?" She replied cheerfully. Yukiro watched as she closed her eyes, apparently enjoying the nice day. 
"...Alright, we can take a break," Yukiro agreed. It looked like Emily was going to fall asleep anyway, so he might as well wait for her. 
In the meantime, he could try to pick some of the flowers as well.

Edited by Yukiro

Em woke up a few minutes later and sighed rubbing her eyes. "Its weird sleeping in the game I don't know why though." She thought to herself and got up once again dusting off her dress. "Welp lets get back to working on completing this quest!" She replied positively as she grabbed another flower only for it to disappear once more. "Why!" She grumbled and glared at the fading particles in annoyance. "I'm not giving up though no matter what!" She replied and sat back down glaring at the flowers that just kept fading when ever she touched them.

"Hey yukiro was doing this quest just as long when you did it?" She asked curiously as she tried her best to calm down and not rage at the flowers that were being annoying. "I dont know if were gonna finish this guest today with the pace its going." She replied with a sigh as she looked around to see if there was other things to try and pick up.

Spoiler

I dont know how to get rid of this thing.

Screenshot_20191105-141358_Chrome.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

ID# 129772 | LD: 16
2/5 T1 Materials found

"Why!" Emily cried when yet another flower shattered in her hand.
"I'm not giving up though no matter what!" she exclaimed, sitting back down and glaring at the flowers. 
Yukiro sat next to her. "Yeah, it's pretty rough. But you can do it! I believe in you!" He gave her a thumbs up and a big smile. 

"Hey Yukiro was doing this quest just as long when you did it?" Emily asked.
Thinking back, Yukiro recalled the experience. Gathering the flowers hadn't taken so long, but overall... "It took me around one day to finish it, I think." 
"I dont know if were gonna finish this guest today with the pace its going," she replied with a sigh. 
"Maybe," Yukiro said, thinking as he picked a flower and added it to his inventory, "Do you know if you have a place to stay the night?" 
He wanted Emily to feel like she didn't have to rush, but didn't try to push the point. Besides, he was pretty sure she'd tell him if she wanted to stop for the day. 

@Emily Snow

Edited by Yukiro

"You gave a point theres no way were going to finish this in one day with the way were going." She sighed as she took another flower to see if it would shatter again. Once again the flower shatter and em took a deep breath as she tried not to lose her patience with this quest. "This is going to be a long day." She replied as she looked at the time on the menu button. 

"At least we can be bored as a team!" She said happily as she tried to make the best of the situation. "Although I think I'll try to avoid missions like this in the future" she replied nervously as she kept trying to take the flowers only for them to shatter in her hand.

"Oof it broke again! These flowers are really one fragile piece of work!" She exclaimed in shock of how the flowers continued to shatter as she picked them up from there bed.

Screenshot_20191119-215522_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Emily Snow
Spoiler

ID# 130443 | LD: 19
3/5 T1 Materials

"You gave a point there's no way were going to finish this in one day with the way we're going." Emily sighed as she picked another shattering flower. She looked to Yukiro like she was losing her patience. "This is going to be a long day." 
Yukiro nodded, picking another flower and adding it to his inventory. His didn't seem to be shattering that much, which he appreciated. 
"At least we can be bored as a team!" she said happily, "Although I think I'll try to avoid missions like this in the future." She tried a few more flowers only for them to break. Yukiro watched her do so. 
"Oof it broke again! These flowers are really one fragile piece of work!" 
Yukiro nodded. "Gathering can be one of the most painful things you'll ever do in this entire game. I think so, at least." With that he picked a flower which shattered into countless shards. Sighing, he shifted positions. "But if you keep at it you'll be fine."

@Emily Snow

Edited by Yukiro

" I think Your right by gathering being the most frustrating thing in the game. But what else can you do exactly? This was my first mmorpg so I don't know what I'll be able to do after this lesson." She asked curiously as to her yukiro looked to be an experienced player for these types of games. She grabbed another flower and watched it sadly shatter into a million pieces yet again. She felt bad because the more she did it the more life she felt she was taking. She looked up at the sky and saw that it was beginning to get dark and  sighed getting up.

"We should head back I don't think well be able to get any of the items today and It looks like it's going to become dark soon" She replied with a small smile. It was disappointing to her that they were unable to gain any of the requested items but she wasn't sure what monsters generated at night. "Are new monsters created at night or is It just boars or do the monsters change after each level I have so much to learn it's a shame we dont have a guide book! " she thought to herself as she dusted off her skirt and turned to face yukiro. 

"So where will you be staying I'm not sure if you asked that to me I'm sorry I didnt hear you at the time?" She asked curiously as she smoothed out her frisky hair nervously. 

Screenshot_20191126-202904_Chrome.jpg

Spoiler

ID# 130456 | LD: 4
3/5 T1 Materials

"I think Your right by gathering being the most frustrating thing in the game. But what else can you do exactly? This was my first mmorpg so I don't know what I'll be able to do after this lesson." Emily kept picking flowers as she spoke, and kept watching them shatter.
"Well, you can fight monsters and find a job and such. Those are the two ways most people make a living here." 
Yukiro heard Emily sigh and stand up. He paused his own gathering to look up at her. 
"We should head back I don't think well be able to get any of the items today and It looks like it's going to become dark soon," she said. Yukiro got to his feet and looked over at Emily. 
"So where will you be staying I'm not sure if you asked that to me I'm sorry I didn't hear you at the time?" she asked curiously. 
Yukiro had to advert his eyes when he answered. "Usually I just sleep on a bench somewhere. But there are inns you can stay at for the night." 

@Emily Snow

Edited by Yukiro

"While an inn sounds nice I dont have the funds to afford one just yet, so I guess we'll be sleeping outside. Trees are actually great sources of housing if your small enough." she replied happily it was one of the reasons she wasn't against being 5ft. You see sometimes trees had a hole in it and if you were small enough there was a chance that you'd be able to fit into it after getting rid of whatever was in it previously. 

"So do you wanna meet at the town square tomorrow?" She asked curiously. Seeing as to how em had a very terrible sense of direction finding a new meeting place would be next to impossible for her. "I hope there's some trees with holes in it if not I'll have to sleep on top of the tree and annoying the creatures living there"  she thought to herself as she turned around and waited to find out her answer while she continued to think of her house for the night.

Edited by Emily Snow