[F01-SP] Bread and Butter -- <<Earning a Living: Artisan>>

It had to be at least an hour later. Ren had shaven down the boar fang quite rigorously, and stashed it to the side, surprised at its reusability. Out of all the gathered materials, she was most reluctant to use the leaf -- not given her current skills. But to Malachi's encouragement, some extra materials and a slight confidence booster from the coffee, she'd managed to piece together a small, intricate item.

"Wow," Ren gasped, holding it lightly. "It's... really cute.."

Malachi smiled, weary. He certainly appreciated a new crafter's astonishment at their handiwork. Picking up the drained cup from his desk, he headed towards the backroom, before stepping out, rubbing his hands. "Well then, are you finished?"

From a blank expression, Ren was hit with a shock, realizing the time. "Oh, shoot, I didn't mean to--" But she was waved off by the artisan himself. "It's no trouble, really."

"Sure, I'll have to clean up, and take a day off or something, but..." he smiled, expression shifting. "It's always lovely to see a new artisan being born."

Ren stepped out of his seat and bowed graciously. "Thank you for giving me the time of day."

"It's quite alright, I assure you. Although, the time..."

"Oh, right. I'll be going then," Ren added, hurrying out the door, still wearing a look of alarm. "I'll see you around town, I guess!"

As the bell tinkled, and the door slammed shut, Malachi drank in the room again. Lovely, warm and dim lights illuminated the glistening items lining the store. A storefront stocked full of wonderful goodies. Wonderful people with budding determination for their next craft.

He hoped the new artisan would get to enjoy the same joys too, one day.

ID: 127133 | CD: 6 (Salvage) | LD: 15 (Success)
ID: 127138 | CD: 11 (Rare)

Edited by NIGHT

Thread Summary:

Spoiler

[Quest Completion]

[Thread Progress]

• 1 SP
  • 400 col

[Combat Drops & Gathered Materials]

• 80col, Tier 1 Materials (6), Rare Trinket (1), Perfect Consumable (1) from Boars [1] [2]
  • Tier 1 Materials (2) from Material Search [1] [2]
  • Destroyed: Tier 1 Materials (3) from Crafting [1] [2] [3]