Energy: 2

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Rapier [DMG +1]

Equipment

>> Rare Rapier [DMG +1, ACC +1]

>> Vanity Black and Tan Outfit [Light Armor]

Battle Ready Inventory

>> [50 HP] Healing Crystal (3)

She knew that it was going to be hard to buy gear for upgrades without Col, and with how horribly she has been doing lately with these quests that she has been picking up, she figured that a profession was going to be the way to go. But which one? She didn't have the strength nor the patience to want to deal with blacksmithing. She was far from social enough to be a performer. She couldn't sew to save her life to be a tailor, and chemistry just didn't compute in her mind. So, she decided to hunt down the artisan person instead. She knew that trinkets and things like that were going to sell, everyone could use those buffs.

After she accepted the quest from Malachi, she looked at the quest log. Gather (5) Tier one crafting materials from the wild, non-combat recommended and successfully craft a tier one trinket. She nodded lightly, but she really didn't want to chance being out in the wild without some kind of back up. Not after her last time collecting items. Thankfully, she had a friend who would be willing to go with her, or so she hoped. Opening her messages, she clicked on a name and sent a quick message: Grabbed a profession quest. Was wondering if you wanted to come along? I would be willing you with one afterwards. And now, she waits for the response. With the message, she also gave a meeting place, mainly just before leaving the Town of Beginnings. There she waited, and if he didn't show after a few minutes, she would just attempt it on her own.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword [DMG +1]

Equipment

>> Rare Curved Sword [DMG +1, ACC +1]

>> Vanity Black Longcoat [Light Armor]

Battle Ready Inventory

Koga was wracking his brain, figuring out how best to build his chara-...well he supposed now he was building himself, and how to get up to the frontlines the quickest. The answer was simple. Col. He needed the momeu to get better gear and equipment to help boost his stats. He did that, he could kill things quicker, get more exp, and then get more Col. Rinse, wash, repeat. But how was he going to do that? The answer came at the perfect moment.

Ding!

The little message notification icon popped up and as Koga read the message, he got the perfect idea. Koga sent a quick message saying he was on his way, got up and set off.

<<A few minutes later>>

By the time Koga got to the town's exit, Noctua was already there, and the boy waved at her in greeting. "Alright Noctua, if we do this, I got one condition...open a shop with me."

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

She patiently stood at the town's exit, staring across the fields that were awaiting her to go and hunt down these materials. She didn't know how she was going to do this alone, and then, there was the ding. Looking at the message, she sighed in relief when Koga agreed to come and help her. The wait from there, seemed effortless and less horrifying. It only seemed to take him a few minutes to reach the meeting spot, and once he did, she smiled at him and waved in return. He got straight to business with things too. He was willing to open a shop with her? That was an offer she would happily take honestly, because then she wouldn't have to worry about anything on her own with it. Plus, depending on what he did, they could get more customers than a normal shop.

"Deal. Opening a shop with you is a great idea." She thought for a moment, she was just about to invite him to a party when she thought on it. "Um, if I invite you to a party, it's not going to force you to take this quest right? I mean, I don't want to force you to become an Artisan too." There was a bit of a nervous chuckle with the end of her question, more because she felt more and more like she was using him as a crutch for some reason.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Noctua quickly agreed to opening a shop with Koga. 'Well that was easy,' the boy thought to himself. He raised an eyebrow and his lips formed a lopsided smile, "A great idea, huh? We'll see how you feel about that when we're some million Col in the whole," he said in mischievous tone. He was kidding, of course...well hopefully, Koga did not want to be in debt...ever. But Noctua didn't know that. "Anyways," the man continued, "Since we're gonna be business partners, do you mind if I just call you Noct?"

Noctua asked if, when they were in a party, it'd force him to also take the quest to become an artisan. "Uh, technically, yeah. But if you just invite me after you accept it, that should'nt be a problem," Koga informed her. "What profession are you looking to take up anyways, if I might ask?" There were quite a few of them if Koga recalled correctly. All of them had their own benefits, and at the end of the day, the man was just curious about his new partner in general.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Did she agree to that business proposition too quickly, perhaps. Slight panic hit her when he mentioned being some million col in the whole, but it was soon gone. She figured that he had to be joking. That wasn't going to happen right? The whole point of gaining a profession was to not be in debt. But, it was a done deal, and something that she figured she could work with. At least this way, they open up shop together, then they could go material hunting together. It would make things easier after all. One extra person to fight monsters with, and one extra person to explore with to not get bored and go crazy in this world. "I'm sure we won't be going in the hole." She tried to make that sound convincing as she smiled and nodded. "Sure, Noct is good."

She was proud of herself though, this has been the first person that she has talked to more than once, and hasn't fumbled over her words with, yet. There was still time for that. But as he explained that it wouldn't after she accepted it, she chuckled. "Well then, I guess it's a good thing I already grabbed the quest." She moved her hand out to invite Koga to her party, it felt odd her being the leader this time, but it only seemed fair since it was her quest after all. "I am taking up Artisan. Everything else just didn't seem...me." She waited for him to accept the party invite then, excited to not only start this new adventure of looking for materials, again, but possibly getting to know another human being better.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Koga noted the quick flash of panic on Noctua's face when he'd joked about being in irreparable debt. The man started laughing to himself, even as he shook his head, "Yeah, I'm sure we'll be fine. I'm not the kind of person that just spends irrationally anyways." Still. The look on her face? Priceless.

"Sure, you can call me Noct," the woman agreed upon Koga's asking. The man nodded and gave her a small smile, "Alright then, 'Noct' it is."

Koga smiled again when Noct told him she had already picked up the quest and sent him the party invitation, "Hey, you learn fast don't ya? I like it." With a push of a button, the two were now in a party again, and a fresh adventure ahead of them. "Artisan's good. From what I hear there aren't that many around, so we should be able to get a lot of Col from that. You're shaping up to be a pretty good partner, partner." Koga said in both a please and teasing tone. "Alright, I guess we better get moving," the man added, gesturing out the the great plains.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID 127323

LD 8  >>Fail<<

Well, at least her panic was amusing, even as she thought on it, it made her laugh as well. "Then we shall be wonderful. Especially if the shop is kept clean." She might be a bit of a clean freak when it comes to work places, but that was something that she could deal with when at the shop alone after all. His agreement to the nickname was sweet and simple. Quite frankly, she didn't mind having just that small group of close friends or people who can call her Noct. It made her feel like she was actually breaking the old Christelle and turning Noctua into her own person. Maybe that was what she needed to do to be able to get through this entire debacle with the game.

His compliment brought her back from thinking and she chuckled as he accepted the party invite. "I try to. Some things come easier than others." This was exciting, a new adventure with someone who didn't seem to care that she was still technically new. For some reason, his approval of her profession choice seemed to calm down the nerves that she didn't know she had about picking Artisan. Really, she had been worried that there would have been too many Artisans out there. But now, she didn't worry about that, and instead, looked out at the plains.

"Right, time to go. So the first thing I have to do is...," she sighed then when she remembered the first part of the quest, "gather five tier one crafting materials." Not wanting to really wait for him to laugh at that fact, she started ahead, and already, she knew that this was going to take forever with the lacking amount of crafting materials right outside the gates of town.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Koga smiled when Noctua mentioned a 'clean shop'. "I didn't tell you I was going to try and be a blacksmith did I? 'Clean' is a bit relative when it comes to that," Koga said with a sly smile. Overall, Koga kept a pretty clean workspace. But then again, there was only so much one could do about soot and slag and all the other things that came with blacksmithing. Admittedly he probably wouldn't have to deal with slag in this virtual world, but a furnace and coal was coal. Time would tell how clean their shop would be, one supposed.

As the two got ready to set out again, and Noct read off the quest objective, Koga deadpanned at her, "That's not funny...what's the real objective?" Fetch quests. Honestly, if Koga had the option to go back in time and eliminate whoever invented fetch quests he would. Without a second thought. No remorse.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID 127521

LD 5  >>fail<<

Blacksmith huh? Well, then they might have a busy shop after all. Weapons and trinkets, two things to make someone stronger. She shook her head with a smile though and chuckled. "For some reason, I pegged you as a blacksmith." She didn't know that actual reason, just that she had a feeling that he would have chose to be a blacksmith. Perhaps it was because he seemed to know so much on the Sword Arts already, that it just seemed to fit? But, it was his look that made her sigh and shake her head.

"Trust me, I wish I was attempting a horrible joke." Opening her quest information, she read it off to him, "Gather five tier one crafting materials, non-combat recommended and then use those materials to successfully craft a tier one trinket." She closed the quest and looked at him and shook her head. "This fetch quest stuff is starting to get annoying. But at least we know what to expect for your's as well."

Okay, that probably wasn't something that he would want to hear, but there it was. Walking, she kept an eye out, a hand on her rapier and her eyes glancing, looking for materials and anything that might want to attack them.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

"For some reason, I pegged you as a blacksmith," Noctua said to the man. "Really? Why's that?" he asked. Koga had always enjoyed making things, anything really, but he never figured that he looked like a blacksmith. I mean, he was pretty skinny after all.

"Trust me, I wish I was attempting a horrible joke," Noctua said, immediately deflating the dark clothed man's hopes and dreams. She continued to read the exact verbiage of the objective and Koga head hung low as he groaned in pain. "If Kayaba's goal was to kill us through fetch quests, he's doin' a damn good job..."

The two kept walking, and as Noctua kept an eye out for materials, Koga looked for any potential threats. Nothing so far, which was lucky. Or unlucky. Depending on how you looked at it. The man knew he'd be bored eventually, so a quick fight might actually be good for them. Of course, he'd let Noct have the last hit though.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID 127602

LD 3  >>fail<<

"Well, it's mainly with how you are. Blacksmithing seems to better fit the personality that I see you having." He was more social, for the most part, while she just wanted to get work done. She sighed though and continued to look for something to pick up. She thought that the first time that they did a fetch quest was bad, but at least that time she had already found something. Right now, it feels like she has been out here for eternity and she hasn't found a single thing. "His ultimate end goal. To kill us from boredom of hunting down items."

Truthfully, she would take a monster right now to whack around with her rapier. She kind of figured that Koga was getting bored now too, and the instant regret and horrible feeling that she just dragged Koga into something boring came to mind. "And now, I want to apologize. I didn't mean to drag you into the perpetual boredom of this. But, um, I also didn't want to go out alone?" Either way, she was finding a big fat nothing.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Energy: 0 (2 -2)

Skills

Equipment

>> Vanity Black Long Coat [Light Armor]

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1

HP: 2 (12 -10) // DMG: 3 // Hate: vs Koga: 2 (0 +2) // vs Noctua: 0

Boar 2

HP12 // DMG: 3 // Hate: vs Koga: 0 // vs Noctua: 0

Spoiler

ID: 127695

BD: 11 (10 +1) >>Crit +2<<

Sword Art: Rage Blow [x2]

DMG: 5 x2 -0 = 10

"Well, it's mainly with how you are. Blacksmithing seems to better fit the personality that I see you having."

Koga wasn't entirely sure how his personality made him seem like a good fit for a blacksmith, but he wasn't going to argue. It was, after all, the thing he wanted to do here, so if someone thought it was a good fit, he was gonna accept it.

"And now, I want to apologize. I didn't mean to drag you into the perpetual boredom of this. But, um, I also didn't want to go out alone?"

"Don't worry about it," Koga replied with a smile, "Its not really all that boring as long as you got someone to talk to. Besides-" Koga's sentence was cut off by the sound of rustling leaves and brush. The path they were walking was soon being blocked by two boars that had stepped in front of their path. They huffed at the two players, clearly having noticed them. "Besides," Koga continued, "this is why you don't go alone."

Koga drew his saber as he calmly walked up to the two boars. He waited until one began its attack. At this point, the attack patterns were second nature, and so the man stepped to the side and as the saber's blade glowed crimson, charged with Rage Blow, the blade crashed down into the boar's spine, instantly dropping it into the red.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP: 17 (20 -3)

Energy: 0 (2 -2)

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1

HP: 2 (12 -10) // DMG: 3 // Hate: vs Koga: 2 (0 +2) // vs Noctua: 0

MD 9 >>hit (crit +1)<<

Boar 2

HP12 // DMG: 3 // Hate: vs Koga: 0 // vs Noctua: 0

MD 6 >>hit<< (ID 127775)

Spoiler

ID 127706

BD 4  >>miss<<

He didn't make a comment on her reasoning for his profession choice. Not knowing whether or not she might have offended him, she just didn't bring it up again. Instead, she continued to walk and look for a material, when he seemed to dismiss her apology. Looking at him, she noticed the smile and she felt a bit better on it. At least he didn't seem to be pissed about being dragged out here right now.

But that was before the boars showed up. It stared with a simple rustling of leaves and bushes, and then two boars showed their ugly faces. "Right, stupid boars, and two this time." At least last time it was just one of them and her learning. Now, she was still learning and there were two of them. But she figured that Koga could take one, which he nearly one shot killed, and she could take the other.

But as she looked at the second boar, she saw it gearing up to attack, so she attempted to take that as her opportunity to hit, but, just like before, she missed. Only, this time, the boar didn't. The second boar head butted her right in the chest knocking her back a few paces. Her health was still in the green, but there was some of it missing now. "Ow..." But as she looked over to Koga, she could see the boar that he attacked was gearing up a hit, and she watched as it connected with him, only able to cringe as she set her sights on that boar instead of the one at full health.

@Koga

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP16 (20 -4)

Energy: 0 (0 +1 -1)

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1

HP: 2 // DMG: 3 // Hate: vs Koga: 2 // vs Noctua: 0

Boar 2

HP: 9 (12 -3) // DMG: 3 // Hatevs Koga: 1 (0 +1) // vs Noctua: 0

Spoiler

ID: 127777

BD: 6 (5 +1) >>Success<<

Koga took a couple steps back from the first boar and turned to watch as Noctua attacked the second. For a moment, it looked like she was going to land her strike, but the boar moved away, and her pointed blade sailed by. The second boar turned to strike Noct, and Koga was about to call out to her when he felt the breath get knocked out of him. The man tumbled backwards through the dirt and rolled back onto his feet,  his HP dropping a little. "Noct! You finish this guy, I'll start on the other!"

If Koga could land his next strike on the second boar, they'd both focus him, which mesnt the Noct would be free to deal damage and at least take one out of the fight. The man broke into a sprint towards the other boar, who was still looking at Noctua. As Koga got closer. He dropped to his knees slid through the dirt, his vlade swinging beside him. Success! Koga's blade bit into the legs of the second boar, now they were both focusing him.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP: 17 (20 -3)

Energy: 0 (1 -1)

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1

HP: 0 (2 -4) // DMG: 3 // Hate: vs Koga: 0 (2 -2) // vs Noctua: 2 (0 +2)

Boar 2

HP: 9 // DMG: 3 // Hatevs Koga: 1 (0 +1) // vs Noctua: 0

MD 7 >>Successful<< (ID 127781)

Spoiler

ID 127779

BD 11 (10 +1) >>Critical +2<<

LD 6

CD 1

Final Kill Loot

60 Bonus Col
1 Uncommon Consumable
Tier One Crafting Materials (2)

Koga seemed to have the same idea that she had, and she nodded as she fully focused on the boar with basically no health left. She knew that she didn't have the energy to do a sword art, so instead, she opted to wait until the boar was going to be weak. Of course, this was going to be risky, but as it started to get ready to attack, she hit first. She watched as her hit was a critical one, and the boar burst into red fragments and disappeared from the enemy list. Turning around she quickly looked to see how Koga was doing with the other boar. He hit the remaining boar, and she watched as it's health dropped.

But that seemed to anger the boar as it returned the favor, hitting Koga once more. If she hadn't felt horrible before about dragging him out with her, she sure did now. He just took two hits while she took a mere one. She was going to have to hope and pray that she got the materials that she needed and soon, or he was going to be in trouble, and she wasn't about to take the opportunity. Don't die on me Koga...

@Koga

Obtained This Thread

Spoiler

1 Uncommon Consumable

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP16

Energy: 0 (0 +1 -1)

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1 >>DEAD<<

HP: 0 // DMG: 3 // Hate: vs Koga: 0 // vs Noctua: 2

Boar 2

HP: 5 (9 -4) // DMG: 3 // Hatevs Koga: 3 (2 +1) // vs Noctua: 0

Spoiler

ID: 127823

BD: 10 (9 +1) >>Crit +1<<

DMG: 4 x1 -0 = 4

Boar 2 vs Koga MD: 1 >>Miss<<

'One more hit. One more hit and Noctua should be able to handle it from here,' Koga thought to himself as he dueled the final boar. So far the going had been pretty easy. The boar was missing wildly, and Koga simply darted around it as he looked for the right opportunity to strike it. Eventually the boar lunged just a little bit farther than last time, and Koga knew, that was his chance. His saber flashed through the air as it came down on the boar's back, dealing some pretty serious damage as the boar's health bar dropped into the yellow. "He's all yours, Noct!" Koga called out to his partner as he made some space between himself and the boar. For now Koga planned on recharging his Energy while Noctua finished the boar off. If she needed help, Koga would at least have his Sword Art to one shot it if necessary. And the boar was still focused on him, so this should be fine.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP: 17 (20 -3)

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1

HP: 0 (2 -4) // DMG: 3 // Hate: vs Koga: 0 (2 -2) // vs Noctua: 2 (0 +2)

Boar 2

HP: 1 (5 -4) // DMG: 3 // Hatevs Koga: 3 (1 +2) // vs Noctua: 0

Spoiler

ID 127779

BD 7 (6 +1)

MD 5  >>Hit<<

Okay, he damaged the boar pretty bad. She nodded as he told her to finish it off. That shouldn't be too horrible really. She didn't have the energy to use a sword art right now, so she was going to have to settle with a basic attack for now. If this wasn't a hit, perhaps she could get Koga to hold off for her to be able to recharge? At the same time, she didn't want to, she didn't want to chance him getting too hurt. Decisions. They were difficult. But right now, she knew that she needed to attack, the boar was getting ready for it's own attack, and she wanted to see about getting the thing killed before it could attack Koga.

Right as she went to charge the boar, her rapier hit it, but not enough to kill it. Looking at the enemy list, it had a single health left. This agitated her, but she learned her lesson after last time to not let that get the best of her again. So, instead, she turned and looked at Koga. "Koga, if my next attack doesn't hit, kill it!" She wasn't going to risk him holding out for her to fully regain her energy, she would continue searching if it meant keeping her only friend alive and well. But even as she said that, she watched as the boar charged at Koga, connecting with the man.

@Koga

Obtained This Thread

Spoiler

1 Uncommon Consumable

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP13 (16 -3)

Energy: 1 (0 +1)

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1 >>DEAD<<

Boar 2

HP: 1 // DMG: 3 // Hatevs Koga: 3 // vs Noctua: 1

Spoiler

Skipping turn

Noctua landed a devastating blow against the last boar. That infamous one pixel of health. It either saves the player, or saves the enemy, and right now, it was saving the enemy. But that was okay, Koga was certain Noctua could end the fight soon enough.

"Koga, if my next attack doesn't hit, kill it!"

The boy turned to look at Noctua as she called out to him, "Copy tha-oof!" Well that had been a mistake...the boar had rushed Koga as soon as the man had looked away. That hurt...Koga got up as the boar circled him ina  predatory fashion. This thing was really pissed off at him. What ever, it wasn't going to be alive long enough for it to matter. Not if Noctua lasted this next hit at least. If not...well, Koga didn't miss as well, this fight had been going on for far too long now and it needed to end.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP: 17

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1 >>DEAD<<

Boar 2 >>DEAD<<

HP: 0 (1 -3) // DMG: 3 // Hatevs Koga: 3 // vs Noctua: 1

Spoiler

ID 127831

BD 9 (8 +1) >>Successful Hit<<

LD 15

CD 7

Final Kill Loot

Tier One Materials (4)
1 Rare Weapon
1 Uncommon Consumable

She really didn't want to have to deal with this boar for another round, or have to have Koga kill it for her. She was here for the quest, she could do it. This was the mindset that she had when she charged up her basic attack and lunged for the remaining boar. She watched as her blade connected and stabbed right into the boars side. The boar turned into red fragments around her blade before the fragments disappeared. Looking around for a moment to make sure that there were no other boars lurking, she slumped to the ground and sighed.

"That seemed insanely harder than it should have been..." Not wanting to move from the ground just yet, she opened her inventory to see what she got. "Hmm, a rare weapon and another uncommon consumable. Oh! I got the last of the materials that I needed though!" She looked over at Koga as she said this, happiness and tiredness showing on her face. Slowly rising back to her feet, she put her rapier back on her hip before she walked over to Koga. "Let's go back to town now. Neither of us need to do another fight, and the sooner I can craft this item, the sooner I can buy you an apology meal."

@Koga

Obtained This Thread

Spoiler

Uncommon Consumable (2)
Tier One Crafting Materials (6)
Rare Weapon (1)

Edited by Noctua

Koga

Spoiler

Level 1

HP: 20 (13 +7)

Energy: 1

Skills

Equipment

>> Vanity Black Long Coat [Light Armor]

Battle Ready Inventory

>> [50 HP] Healing Crystal (3)

Koga watched everything play out as if it were in slow motion. The shift in her bodyweight, the point of her rapier moving before the rsst of her body. The rapier buried itself into the boar's flesh before it burst into bright blue fragments. That's it, game, set, match.

Koga fell backwards onto the ground i  exhaustion, his chest heaving for breath as Noctua slid to the ground. "That seemed insanely harder than it should have been..."

"No kidding, I mean what the hell, half my HP was gone..."

"Hmm, a rare weapon and another uncommon consumable. Oh! I got the last of the materials that I needed though!"

Koga lifted his hand with a thumbs up. Thank God they didn't have to fight anything else fpr the day...

"Let's go back to town now. Neither of us need to do another fight, and the sooner I can craft this item, the sooner I can buy you an apology meal."

With a groan, Koga got back to his feet and sheathed his saber with a leathery rasp. "Food...food sounds good...but yeah, lets finish up your quest first."

Without another word, Koga gestured for her to lead the way.

@Noctua