[F01-PP] Getting a Katana >>Katana Acquisition<<

Coming back from the green hills where the boars roam around, Nora went back to the town of the beginning. If having concluded her first run in with the wild mobs has taught her anything, it would have been that she really needs to increase her damage output, otherwise it will be a nightmare to get anywhere in this game. The other stuffs, which are all important in their own rights, they can wait, but she needs some decent weapon skills in order to make it into the wild. 

Nora rubs her eyes, feeling a little bit drained having to have just came back from the wild. She thought that maybe she should get something to eat first before making her next move. If she remembers correctly, the local Inns have a lot of NPC and other PC customers coming and going all the time. There must have been a lot of information exchange happening in that place, maybe she could go ask around there and potentially getting herself a better weapon. There's a lot of stuff that needs to be done before she could be useful in combat...

@Yukiro

After having helped Nora with her first trip out of the Town of Beginnings (though he'd actually done almost everything by mistake) Yukiro was in the mood for a croissant. He didn't know why he wanted a croissant. He just did. He strolled over too his favorite restaurant and ordered one to go. It was a moment before it was brought out, and Yukiro had some time to think.
I should actually head back to my shop soon. Maybe I can actually sell something today.
After picking up his croissant Yukiro made his way to the many alleyways of the town of beginnings. The thin pathways were like a maze, which made his shop very hard to find. But he knew the way by heart. He weaved through the many routs and paths, passing a few shops along the way (including one with a name he couldn't read), until he reached his own. The 'Lucky Armament'. 
He should have set up on the main road like everyone else. 

Heading towards the same tavern that she usually visits for information and map and things like that, Nora suddenly noticed a little shop that wasn't there the last time when she was here. Curiously, she looks around a the exterior of the shop. It looks to be a blacksmith's store...selling weapons and armors and such. Nora quickly going over the equipment that she currently has on her, which is not many really, just her starter katana and her leather armor. Thinking about the last time she fought a boar, which is some of the weakest monsters out there and how much trouble that she has for fighting it, maybe she needs to look into upgrading her equipment soon. Then she will have an easier time perhaps.

At that thought, she stepped into the stop. The door opened with a small crack sound and she calls into the shop in a polite but quiet voice. "Excuse me...is someone here? Are you open right now?"

@Yukiro

"Excuse me...is someone here? Are you open right now?"

Yukiro heard the voice calling. But he was so comfortable, the cot in his shop was so much better than a bench. 
"Yes, welcome. One minute," he called out, sitting up and rubbing his head a bit. He stood up and shoved the blankets off to one side. "Welcome to the Lucky Armament. Sorry, I was just..."
He realized he was looking at someone he knew. "Oh, Nora. Good to see you. Are you looking for anything in particular?" 
He walked back to where a table and chair were sitting. "Feel free to look around. Tell me if something interests you."
Yukiro was working through some things in his head, but he didn't want to be impolite. So he figured the best compromise would be casual. 
Maybe talking to someone will help me cheer up. I can't stay depressed forever.
He stretched and laid his face down on the table. Yeah, no, he still wanted to be alone. 

@Nora

Edited by Yukiro

"Oh! Yuki!...wait...this is your shop?!" Nora blinks and calls out in surprise at the sight of a familiar face. She didn't expected to run into him so soon after having parted ways from the boar hunt just outside of the town of the beginning. She can't help herself at the sight of someone she knew. She stepped into the shop quite happily, taking a look around of the interior decoration for inspiration of her own future shop. Looking around all of the weapons on display, she can't help but feel excited. She does love to be around weapons, it was a shame that blacksmith is too popular and too much competition so she wasn't going to try to be one. As the looks at the weapons, she can't help but notice that they were made of qualities, she never knew that Yuki was a quality blacksmith, this is news for her.

"Well...I'm looking for a better Katana, maybe something with a longer range, like a odachi if you any...."As she looks around she commented the store. "I like this place a lot...It has a nice feel to it. How long did you have it..." She turns around, only to find Yukiro having his face planted down onto the table. "Yuki....? Are you feeling alright?" She asked, her voice low, and feeling a little worried all of a sudden.

@Yukiro

"Well...I'm looking for a better Katana, maybe something with a longer range, like an odachi if you any..." she asked, "I like this place a lot... It has a nice feel to it. How long did you have it..." Nora's voice trailed off. Ah, she must have seen him with his face planted to the table. "Yuki....? Are you feeling alright?" she asked. Her voice was low and worried.
aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! Why do you sound like her!?
Yukiro lifted his head off the table. And stood up. "Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, you were looking for an odachi, right? Yeah, I have one. It's not on display yet, it's still a pretty new piece."
Wandering to the back of the store, next to his pile of sleeping blankets, a piece of cloth was wrapped around a weapon. Yukiro unraveled it to reveal a striking black katana, gold patters decorating the hilt and guard. 
"I'll let you have it for free. I don't feel like charging anyone right now," he said, handing her the sword (which was just a touch shorter than Nora was tall). 
With that Yukiro wandered back over to his chair and heavily sat back down. He leaned back and let his head fall behind him, looking up-side down at Nora "Anything else I can help you with?"

Gave Suzaku to Nora

Spoiler

Name: Suzaku
Your Profession: Blacksmith
Your Rank: 4
Roll ID: 127354
Roll Result: 12
Item Type: Katana
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Acc/Acc/Bleed
Description: An odachi with a deep black blade. The hilt has a golden pattern that swirls up to an inky black pommel.
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18240-f01-r3-blacksmith-the-lucky-armament/?do=findComment&amp;comment=584443

@Nora

Edited by Yukiro

Nora was surprised to see the many blankets on the floor. Does he sleep here in the shop? I can understand it, but at least get a bed and make it comfortable. But Yukiro's next words surprised her even more.

"......" Nora holds out both hands and accepted the large katana, holding it in her arms. But she was staring at Yukiro wordlessly as if she was trying to make a head and tail out of him. 

Even back when they first met, Yukiro was not a man of many words, but he was always very kind and concerning of her. But this...he was acting a bit off. His words are very distant. But of course, she hasn't known him for very long, practically strangers. But she could definitely sensed something was bothering him and he was just not saying anything about it.  Nora was silent for a bit as she looks at the other player, trying to decide what she needs to do in this situation. It was putting her very limited social interaction abilities into the test and it was a final exam....

On one hand, she could see that he was tired and maybe wanted to be alone. But on the other hand, she didn't really want to leave him and have him felt alone if he was depressed. After only a few seconds but it felt like minutes in her head, she finally speaks up. "Yuki....thank you for the sword..."She paused, unsure of herself for a second before continuing. "I'm not trying to pry...but is there something that is bothering you? You can talk to me...I am your friend."

-----------------

Received T1 Perfect Katana

@Yukiro

Edited by Nora

"Yuki....thank you for the sword..." She paused, "I'm not trying to pry...but is there something that is bothering you? You can talk to me...I am your friend."
Yukiro let out a deep sigh. He couldn't tell her what really happened. Partially because he didn't want to worry her too much, but also because he felt like an idiot for causing what happened. 
"You really wanna know..? Alright, I'll tell you this much," he said, sitting up and turning to face Nora, "I let my emotions run amok. And it cost me."
With that Yukiro stood up to his full height. 
Also, stop talking like she does.
"So! What were you planning on doing for the rest of the day? Mind if I join you? I'll try to help out if I can."
"Or, if you don't want me to come along I can... not."

He was trying very hard to sound more cheerful. Not quite happy, but not down in the dumps either.

@Nora

Edited by Yukiro

"You really wanna know..? Alright, I'll tell you this much," he said, sitting up and turning to face Nora, "I let my emotions run amok. And it cost me."
With that Yukiro stood up to his full height. 

Nora blinks. Letting emotions run amok and it costs him....

There air was silent and staled for a moment as she runs those words in her head. He was not saying anything outright, and she was not asking any questions. But somehow...somehow...she suspected that she could guessed on what happened. He made a rushed decision in the past, perhaps lost someone dear to him in the process, and he blames himself for not being able to save that someone or a group of people. And he was re-living the memories again before she interpreted him with a random equipment request. Nora blinks, she didn't really want to go too far into speculations. Then it would go into a fictional character analysis on how he was thinking about what could he have done, or what should he have done, and seeing familiar faces everywhere he looked, maybe even impacting his decision making in the future.

At this point Nora probably needs clear her own mind before it runs to god knows where. As far as she could tell, he over slept or she woke him up from is nap and that's why he was acting weird, stop over analyzing everything Nora!
"So! What were you planning on doing for the rest of the day? Mind if I join you? I'll try to help out if I can." "Or, if you don't want me to come along I can... not."

Nora laughed and patted Yukiro on his shoulder. "Come on Yuki. You know I enjoy your company. Let's go for a walk. Staying in door won't help you with your mood. The weather is nice outside, I heard there might be a festival going on. Let's go take a look and find something to eat!" The sudden lack of confidence was unlike him as well...she gently nudges Yukiro towards the door, before stopping. "Oh wait..does that means you have to stop the shop for today?"

@Yukiro

Nora laughed brightly and patted Yukiro on the shoulder. She had to reach as high as she could to do so. It was a little funny. 
"Come on Yuki. You know I enjoy your company. Let's go for a walk. Staying in door won't help you with your mood. The weather is nice outside, I heard there might be a festival going on. Let's go take a look and find something to eat!" 
She began to gently nudge Yukiro towards the door. She paused shortly. "Oh wait..does that means you have to stop the shop for today?"
Yukiro stared back at her for a little bit. 
"Yeah, well... I can afford to close up for today. It's not like I spend a whole ton of time here anyway," he said as he stepped forward, opening the door for Nora. "You said there'd be a festival, right? Let's go check it out!"
The urge to join her had honestly lifted his mood a bit. Maybe he just needed a little support to get back to what he had been doing.

@Nora

"That's the spirit! That's right, maybe going to the festival will give me inspiration for my new song as well!" Nora answered cheerfully. "Oh which reminds me!" Nora sends out a friend request to Yukiro. "Let me know when you have new equipment made, I really do like seeing weapons." She waits to see if Yukiro accepts her request and wait as Yukiro puts on a close sign at the inside of the shop's window and locked the door. Then, together they traveled to the Town's center where the giant board of quest was situated. The place was normally frequently visited by merchants and adventurers, but today it was a little bit different, as a different set of NPCs were gathering here. Civilians, farmers, artists, NPCs of all ways of life were here. The place was packed and buzzing with life.  

The normally spacey town center is packed with people, and random vendor having their merchant karts set up around the outer road. There seems to be some kind of performance scheduled for earlier. The recent rumors of a PKer going around doesn't seem to have effected the moods of the festival goers at all. 

"So Yuki. See anything you like? Do you have a particular type of food that you like?"

@Yukiro

"That's the spirit! That's right, maybe going to the festival will give me inspiration for my new song as well! Oh which reminds me!" 
Nora opened her menu and flipped through it briefly, making a small box appear in Yukiro's vision. A friend request. 

"Let me know when you have new equipment made, I really do like seeing weapons."
Yukiro tapped the accept icon and smiled at Nora. "I'll be sure to do that."
After locking the door and putting a closed sign on the door Yukiro turned and followed the excited Nora to a large gathering of NPCs and players alike. It was packed and buzzing with all sorts of food vendors and merchants. Was also some kind of performance earlier on. 
"So Yuki. See anything you like? Do you have a particular type of food that you like?"
"Yuki..?" he asked, realizing shortly after that she had given him a nickname. "I dunno. Maybe... there's a crepe stand over there. Wanna go try some?"
"So, I'm inspiration for your new song? Are you a singer of some kind?" 

@Nora

Edited by Yukiro

"Yuki..?" he asked, realizing shortly after that she had given him a nickname. "I dunno. Maybe... there's a crepe stand over there. Wanna go try some?"
"So, I'm inspiration for your new song? Are you a singer of some kind?" 

She blinks a whole bunch of times and felt her face heated up. "Ah...Ah...Come on!! You are the one who tells me to give you a nickname back when we first met remember?! It wasn't that long ago! That was few days ago, don't tell me you already forgot about it!! So I thought, Yuki is nice, is cute. It is short for Yukiro and it means snow, so it fits with your hair. Also! I meant that the festival in general gives me inspiration not just you! I am a singer after all! " She sighs. "I can go back to Yukiro if you want. But anyways~ I like crepe too, specially with strawberry and chocolate and cream...ah...but that's not gonna be healthy isn't it...." Suddenly, the millions of online articles about staying off sugar and chocolates unless you want to gain weight and have health problems jumped back into her mind. She shakes her head and claps her face with her hands. "It doesn't matter! We are in a game and the character models are already made! In if we can gain weight, I'm sure all of the monster killings and traveling across town is more than going to make up for the sugar intake! Let's go Yuki! Let's go get one!"

She attempts to grab Yukiro by his arm and drags him towards the crepe shop. Who was having a quiet conversation with another customer in a lower voice when they approached. The merchant stopped his conversation and turns to look this way. With a weird facial expression, he stretch out a strained smile. "Hello...what can I get you today...?"

@Yukiro

Nora started to go a little red. "Ah...Ah...Come on!! You are the one who tells me to give you a nickname back when we first met remember?! It wasn't that long ago! That was few days ago, don't tell me you already forgot about it!! So I thought, Yuki is nice, is cute. It is short for Yukiro and it means snow, so it fits with your hair. Also! I meant that the festival in general gives me inspiration not just you! I am a singer after all! " she said, pausing with a sigh, "I can go back to Yukiro if you want. But anyways~ I like crepe too, specially with strawberry and chocolate and cream...ah...but that's not gonna be healthy isn't it...." She paused for a little bit. Yukiro just waited for her. He had a feeling it would be easier to let her finish before talking. Finally, she lightly slapped her own face and continued. "It doesn't matter! We are in a game and the character models are already made! In if we can gain weight, I'm sure all of the monster killings and traveling across town is more than going to make up for the sugar intake! Let's go Yuki! Let's go get one!" 
Nora took Yukiro's arm and began to pull him toward the crepe shop. Well, it was more that Yukiro was walking with her as she pulled, given the size difference.
"I guess... Yuki's okay," he premised. "Yeah, let's go."
"Hello...what can I get you today...?"
"Anything she wants. I'll pay," Yukiro said quickly, making sure to get it out before Nora could say anything. 
He decidedly ignored the suspicious activity. 

@Nora

Nora blinks. "Will it be alright Yukiro...? Hm...Well~!!! If you want to be so kind to me, then I won't hold back either! I will get the next one I promise! Mister, please give me a strawberry chocolate crepe, please!" She claps her hands together, waiting excitably for her food.

"You got it young lady!" The shop vendor answered right away and started to prepare the food. When he reached out his hand however, Nora could see that the hand is bandaged and blood was coming through. It looks like a recent wound. Nora stopped, she immediately looks upwards, this was a pc cook.  "....You are hurt...I didn't know it was possible to get hurt inside the safe zone."

The merchant let out a strained smile. "It is not possible...Didn't you hear...? There is a PKer on the loose. I got attacked outside, and just haven't fully heal back yet. I...I can't go back out now...and I suggest that you two stay inside too...I just hope that Sarah is alright...." The merchant finished his cooking and handed Nora the crepe. But she is no longer in the mood to eat.

"Yuki...let's go elsewhere." She didn't ask the merchant for further information. If she was by herself it would be different, but she's here to help lighten Yukiro's mood, and his safety takes priority. She noted the merchant's location and name and makes a note to come back again once she's by herself and ask about Sarah. She has a bad feeling about this.

@Yukiro

"Yuki...let's go elsewhere." 
Yukiro looked at Nora's face. She was clearly concerned with what the NPC had said. 
Well, only one thing he could do.

"One chocolate crepe of any kind."
What? Did you really think he was going to pass up a crepe? Not likely.
Once he had his snack Yukiro led Nora away from the stand. She seemed really worried. It was about time that he put himself aside and took care of her first. 
"Hey. I can tell his injuries are bothering you. If it makes you feel better, I can go take a look around later. But in the meantime," he said, holding up his crepe, "We've got a festival going on! Try to enjoy yourself before you mope any more, okay?"
As he finished he took a big bite of his crepe. Chocolate and mixed fruit of some kind... Nice. 
"How's yours?" he asked, keeping an eye on Nora. He didn't notice a little cream on his cheek.

@Nora

"Hey. I can tell his injuries are bothering you. If it makes you feel better, I can go take a look around later. But in the meantime," he said, holding up his crepe, "We've got a festival going on! Try to enjoy yourself before you mope any more, okay?"
As he finished he took a big bite of his crepe.
"How's yours?"

Ah...he was right. One thing at a time.  Nora nods and started to feel a little better. She takes a bite out of her own crepe, and suddenly, the sugary flavour exploded in her mouth. She thought that she was in heaven!!! The merchant might not have been a good fighter but he sure knows how to make good food! It was sweet but not overly so, it was done just right, and with fresh fruits as well! She hasn't eaten a bunch of crepes before for obvious reasons, but in her mind, this crepe is possibly one of the best tasting crepes in the entire world.

"Oh it is amazing!! If this world has google rating, I'm going to give that vendor a five star!" She said happily. That was when she noticed a little bit of cream on Yukiro's face. Without thinking, she pulls out her handkerchief and applies it against Yukiro's face, trying to clean up the cream. Her eyes widen immediately at the realization of what she has done and immediately withdraw her hand and took a step back. "Opps...! I'm sorry, didn't meant to intrude....you have something here?" She points to the spot and hands over the handkerchief to Yukiro instead.

"Say Yukiro, I think the festival is about to start. Let's go grab a seat before it gets too crowded, I want to see their performance as well! I hope it will be great!" She exclaimed excitedly, feeling like a teenager again.

@Yukiro

Yukiro continued to eat his sweet snack. Nora started her own as well. 
"Oh it is amazing!! If this world has google rating, I'm going to give that vendor a five star!" she exclaimed. She suddenly pulled out her a napkin and began to wipe Yukiro's face. 
Yukiro went a little red. "H-hey..." 
Nora quickly withdrew her hand. "Opps...! I'm sorry, didn't meant to intrude....you have something here?" She pointed to the spot where Yukiro had a little cream on his face and offered him the cloth. 
Yukiro took the handkerchief and finished wiping his face. "I=It's fine. You just caught me off guard." 
"Say Yukiro, I think the festival is about to start. Let's go grab a seat before it gets too crowded, I want to see their performance as well! I hope it will be great!" 
Yukiro nodded, glad that Nora was already feeling better. He followed her to where the performance would take place. She even looked more excited than usual, which forced him to suppress a smile.

@Nora

With that, they went to see a few more vendor kart before it was time for the musical performance begins. They quickly went to the center stage, but because of the crowd gathering there, they could only see the performance from the edge of the crowd. Still, it did not damper Nora's mood one bit. Nora is pretty new to the game so unfortunately for her, she didn't recognized any of the singers on stage. But she enjoys the festival nevertheless. The music was so spot on that it revs up the crowd. That performance was down right inspiring in Nora's opinion. Pretty soon, it was night fall.

At that moment, standing amongst the crowd as she looks up at the stage, hearing the music and hearing the crowd in the background. That was the moment she thought back to her real life. She has never been to this kind of performance in real life, as she doesn't get invited into this kind of things. But somehow, getting trapped into a death game has given her more courage than she has ever had in real life, and pushed her to actually go out to an event such as this. Maybe...if she continues to try harder and does not let obstacles stop her, she could actually achieve something and even making friends along the way.

Nora turns to Yukiro. "Yuki..I'm sorry about interrupting you on your nap time. But I had a lot of fun today. Oh! And thank you for the katana as well, I will make good use of it I'm sure."

@Yukiro 

Edited by Nora

Music blasted from the stage, the performers were singing and the crowd was cheering loudly. Yukiro never really went to these kinds of things in the real world. In fact, the only social activity he ever got was the time he spent battling others with swords.
Not the worst life. But... perhaps not a great one. Perhaps he could reflect further on his own lack of a social life...
Nah. 
"Yuki..I'm sorry about interrupting you on your nap time. But I had a lot of fun today. Oh! And thank you for the katana as well, I will make good use of it I'm sure." 
Yukiro nearly jumped at Nora's words. He'd been pretty lost in thought. 
He smiled at her. "It's fine, I had fun too! Make sure you put it to good worth. I didn't make that thing to be a decoration!" he finished, turning away, "On which note, I'm feeling hungry again. Wanna join me?"

@Nora