[F04 - PP] The Only Way Not To Get Snow In Your Shoe Is To Not Go Outside When It Snows <<Avalanche>>

Yukiro wandered back into the Town of Beginnings. This trip had concluded it; he was officially too strong to benefit from hunting on floor one. Which was really a shame. The weather was quite nice here. It was always just warm enough to be comfortable, sometimes with a slight breeze. And there was no shortage of good places to get food. The only thing he was lacking so far was a decent bed. But that wasn't really an issue. 
As he reached the town square, he found himself at a certain bench; one he seemed to go to quite often. Whether for brooding or relaxing, nobody ever seemed to bother him here. He didn't hesitate before laying down on the long seat and resting his hands on his head. No need to worry about a thing. Not yet at least. For at least a short while, he could just take a nap...
Of course, that wasn't going to happen.

@Cordelia

Edited by Yukiro

Cordelia tilted her head as she spotted a familiar figure on a bench. Man, he looked like he was having a midlife crisis.

She squinted as she walked over to the bench slowly. “Yukiro?” She asked, tilting her head at him. “You look like you’re contemplating your life decisions or something,” she said bluntly, chuckling to herself shortly after. “Maybe you are.”

”Anyway, you sir, are now going to help me on a quest!” She squeaked excitedly. “Well, it’s not really help since I’ll basically be one-shotting it but help nonetheless!” She cheered, giving him an innocent grin as she patted her sheathed katana on the side of her hip reassuringly. 

”Oh, this will be so exciting!” Cordelia chirped, balling her hands into happy fists in front of her. “Let’s go before it gets dark!” She said hurriedly, grabbing on to his arm, tugging him towards the direction of the town’s exit.

Yukiro stared at the sky with a tired, irritated look. Why was it every time he got comfortable right when she showed up. He let out a heavy sigh and sat up.
"Anyway, you sir, are now going to help me on a quest!” Cordelia squeaked excitedly. “Well, it’s not really help since I’ll basically be one-shotting it but help nonetheless!” She sounded excited, an innocent grin spreading her across her face. 
 It's almost funny how this is her attempt at being nice.
”Oh, this will be so exciting!” she chirped, making happy fists in front of her, “Let’s go before it gets dark!”
She latched onto his arm and began tugging him towards the direction of the town’s exit. 
She wasn't doing all that much as far as moving him. 
But, in light of her attempt at friendship, he stood up and allowed himself to pulled along.
"You sound pretty excited for this. What are you planning for us to do?" he requested, "I appreciate you're wanting me to come along."

@Cordelia

"We going to go slay a big bad quest mob, of course," she said back to him as if it was the common thing to do in these parts. "And don't worry. I just didn't want to get bored after I killed the thing," Cordelia beamed, flashing him an iconic grin before she tugged on his arm again, pointing to the frosty forest ahead. 

"That's where we're headed. Come on, hurry up!" She said enthusiastically, her feet crunching on the snow rather loudly as she pulled the freakishly tall player with her. 

By the time they had reached a snow covered clearing, the sun was already at its high point, shining its rays down on the snow, almost creating a blinding light from all around, 

"Alright, the monster should come around here soon," she commented, letting go of Yukiro's sleeve. She turned to him and smiled. "The quest mob should be here any time now. Be careful, okay? I don't know what level you are now, but this thing can pack a punch if you're not careful enough," she sang, unsheathing her brand new katana.

"That's where we're headed. Come on, hurry up!" Cordelia enthusiastically chittered as she pulled Yukiro through the snow. 
"Yes, my lady." He'd meant it sarcastically, but Cordelia seemed to take it as a compliment. Why was she dragging him from his nice-warm nap to a cold, wintry fight he didn't know.
I suppose I should be flattered that she would come to me for something like this. Even if was only for entertainment.
The light was reflecting off the snowy ground, making everything seem like it was shining. The chilly air made Yukiro shiver a bit. 
"Alright, the monster should come around here soon." Cordelia released Yukiro's arm, making a new wave of cold was over his side. "The quest mob should be here any time now. Be careful, okay? I don't know what level you are now, but this thing can pack a punch if you're not careful enough." 
Yukiro nodded, watching her draw her new katana with a hint of envy. 
"I'll be careful. Thank you for the heads up," he confirmed, drawing his own black sword.

She nodded her head, turning back to the clearing. Cordelia sniffed. The Avalanche should be here soon.

Her thoughts were confirmed when a loud rumbling shook the ground below them. She turned her head to Yukiro. "You don't need to draw your sword," she said, giving him a carefree smile. "I'll take care of this thing easy."

A shrill roar pierced the air as she turned her head back. By then, a mob that couldn't be more than a hundred feet had spawned in front of them. Cordelia grinned, and without hesitation, darted into the frozen battlefield.

The blade of her katana twinkled violently as it reflected the sunlight and then it started to glow a faint blue color. Blue? That was new. Cordelia bounded into the air with a burst of speed and power. She rose her katana high into the air as she became face to face with the snow monster. "Hi, there!" She beamed, offering him a wave before she unleashed a series of cuts and slashes. 

As soon as she was finished, she outstretched her katana in front of her in mid air. She let gravity take its toll on her as she stabbed her katana into the Avalanche's face. By the time she had reached the ground, there was a large, vertical gash running down the quest mob's front.

She sheathed her sword and clapped her hands together. "Well, that was fun!" She beamed, turning to Yukiro just as the Avalanche burst into a flurry of red shards.

☆☆☆

ID: 127964
BD: 8, Hit

12x15=180 DMG

Cordelia: HP: 460/460 | EN: 32/46 | 12 DMG | 2 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 SAVVY | 2 KEEN | 4 HLY
Yukiro: ???

Avalanche: HP: 0/100 | 40 DMG

The massive snowman burst in a shower of shimmering fragments. Cordelia sheathed her katana and clapped her hands. 
"Well, that was fun!" 
Yukiro stood there, staring at her in awe. He'd know she was strong, but this... was far beyond what he could have gathered from the girl's childish nature. 
"Wow... Cordelia! That was ama--"
In an act of incredible agility, Yukiro slipped, falling face first into the snow. And to make it even more graceful, he started rolling down the hill. A little snow was packed onto his body as he spun his way down further and further... wait, was the amount of snow increasing?
A giant snowball began to form around him as he picked up speed in his mad dash down the hill. The giant snowball that was Yukiro fled Cordelia's presence as it spun, out of control away from the meeting place.
"Hey-- Wai-- Cord-- Hellllppppp!!!" he called, a little panicked. Only segments of his words got out as his face was repeatedly on the bottom of the snowball.

@Cordelia

Cordelia blinked. What was he staring at? Oh no, did she have something on her face?

"Ama. . ." she paused, watching him gracefully slip on his feet and fall on his face. "Ouch," she mumbled, hissing through her teeth as she watched him slowly roll away. "Hah, what a loser- oh wait," she groaned, seeing that this day was already going to be two times longer than she intentionally wanted it to be.

Cordelia's eyes trailed down the hill as Yukiro rumbled down and down and down and. . .  down. . . and down. . .

"Oh my," she blinked, placing a hand over her mouth as she chuckled to herself. "Uhm, don't worry!" She called, chasing after him with a deadpan. "Just don't move or anything!" She screamed, skidding down the hill cautiously and--hopefully-- carefully. 

"Pretty sure that he won't get damaged like this," she mumbled as her feet crunched against the soft snow. 

Ow-- Ow-- Ow-- Ow-- Ow-- Ow-- Ow-- Ow-- Ow-- Ow--
Yes, this was the sound of Yukiro's face repeatedly being slammed into the snow as he continued to roll down the hill. 
And roll, and roll, and roll...
If he didn't feel so dizzy Yukiro would be frustrated with the repetitiveness of the endless rolling. Even when he finally came to a stop, he couldn't tell. His head was spinning so much that, if they could, his eye would look like swirls. 
Also, he was stuck. The snowball had ended up the size of a small boulder, rendering him completely immobile. All he could do was sit there, dizzy, until Cordelia came and broke him out of his prison. Fortunately, this gave him time to think. Unfortunately, he was to dizzy to think. His head lulled to one side and he was a little pale. 
So much for any last shred of dignity he had.

@Cordelia

Edited by Yukiro

Cordelia sighed as she skidded to a halt beside the snowball known as Yukiro.

'You're so clumsy," she chuckled, placing her hands on her hips as she rose her brow at Yukiro. "I don't even know how I'm going to get you out at this point," she muttered, walking around him.

She kicked the ball of snow a few times before she sighed. "I don't think I can do anything other than just way for this snow to thaw out," Cordelia murmured,  before shrugging her shoulders and taking a seat next to him. "So I guess that's what I'll do. I'm sure it'll thaw out before it gets dark," she said, laughing to herself right after.

"Don't worry though. I'm sure that there won't be any mobs coming around here this time of day," she paused, turning to face him, "and even if they do, I'll protect you!" She beamed, giving him a thumbs up.

Cordelia caught up to him. She was saying something. What was it..? Yukiro couldn't quite make it out, his head was spinning too much. He attempted to shake himself a bit, but he couldn't move. Ah, right, he was inside a snowball. That was a pain. The dizziness began to wear off slowly. 
He managed to recover enough to hear Cordelia say, "I don't think I can do anything other than just way for this snow to thaw out. So I guess that's what I'll do. I'm sure it'll thaw out before it gets dark." She finished with a laugh.
Hey, wait. You can't leave me here.
He would have said it, but he was still too dizzy to form words.
"Don't worry though. I'm sure that there won't be any mobs coming around here this time of day, and even if they do, I'll protect you!" 
Oi. Don't wait it out. Just get me out of the snow.
Hey. 
Don't leave me in here!

"...ey... out... please,"
 was all that came out.

@Cordelia

• 3 weeks later...

Cordelia chuckled to herself and patted him on the head. “Awe, don’t worry about it, Yukiro!” She chimed. “I’m sure it’ll thaw before it gets dark.”

She laughed again and sat down with a small sigh. “Floor four is kind of boring, don’t you think?” She mumbled, tapping her fingers against the side of her chin. “Like, it’s pretty and all but you can only look at the color white for so long before you eventually start to go blind,” the white haired girl said with a small laugh. 

“Also, also, also! Do you need any more high leveled quests done for you? I’m sure I haven’t done many quests yet, and I really just want to level up pronto!” She chirped, opening her menu to look at her stats, frowning briefly when she saw that they weren’t as strong as she wanted them to be.

She wanted to get stronger! 

Heck, everyone wanted to get stronger!

Cordelia chuckled and patted Yukiro on the head. “Awe, don’t worry about it, Yukiro!” She chimed. “I’m sure it’ll thaw before it gets dark.” 
Yukiro was nearly completely snapped out of his dizziness by her words. 
"Eh..? Before it get's dark? Haha, wait, you.. you're joking right?" 
Cordelia didn't respond to his question.
"Cordelia? You're kidding, right? Cordelia?" 
She just laughed and sat down. “Floor four is kind of boring, don’t you think?” she mumbled, "Like, it’s pretty and all but you can only look at the color white for so long before you eventually start to go blind,” she said with a small laugh. 
Yukiro stopped panicking. For the moment, at least. 
"...Yeah, I can agree with that. I like the snow, but... Well, I'm glad my bench is on floor one." 
“Also, also, also! Do you need any more high leveled quests done for you? I’m sure I haven’t done many quests yet, and I really just want to level up pronto!” She chirped, opening her menu. 
Yukiro considered the thought for a moment. 
"Actually... Yeah, yeah that sounds good. I'll give you a shout whenever I find something!" 

@Cordelia

She smiled at him before she hugged her knees. "Sounds good," she said happily. It'd be incredibly boring to just do a whole quest by one's self, so she definitely needed company. She really need to do quests, actually. Yukiro was already catching up to her in levels. . . which, cough, if you didn't know, is pret-ty bad, considering that he had been less than half of her level less than a few months ago.

Like, she liked the guy an all but God damn, he needed to cool down. 

He was really starting to make her feel like crap about her levels. . . ha-ha. . .

Cordelia sighed as she stroked Pacco's head with her finger softly. "I should really start paying more attention to Pacco, here," she said softly, chuckling lightly to herself. "I don't want to be those kinds of people who only stick around with their familiars for the buff," she muttered lowly, narrowing her eyes at the ground before they softened. "So. Do you have a familiar?" She asked, turning her head to Yukiro. "Or are you planning on getting one soon?"

Yukiro heard Cordelia sigh. "I should really start paying more attention to Pacco, here," she said softly, chuckling a bit, "I don't want to be those kinds of people who only stick around with their familiars for the buff."
Right, she had a familiar. He'd forgotten
 about the crow that was always around her. Perhaps he should pay more attention to people's familiars as well. It would be a good practice to learn. 
"So. Do you have a familiar?" she asked, turning her head to face Yukiro. "Or are you planning on getting one soon?" 
Yukiro shook his head, starting to wiggle and shift inside the snowball. If she wasn't going to get him out, then by all means, he was going to get himself out. 
"I don't have one, no. And I haven't really thought about getting one lately. I've mostly been focused on fighting and leveling up. Actually," he stopped wiggling to think for a moment, "Leveling and helping new players is all I do at all. I usually just eat and sleep in between training and helping out lower levels. Yeah that sums up my life right now." 

@Cordelia

“That’s. . . good,” she said, her smile fading just a bit.

”Hey, I’m going to get deep for a second,” she huffed, turning her body fully towards him. “Do you really want to get out of here? Out of Aincrad?” She asked, her eyes wide and waiting for an answer.

If Yukiro was going to surpass her when it comes to strength, then she needed to know what his intentions were when it came to the future. She needed to know everyone who was above her in levels’ intentions. 

Knowing him, she was suspecting that his answer wasn’t going to make her very happy. Blah, this was a bad idea.

”Actually, forget it,” she said abruptly, flashing him a small smile.

”You’re almost my level, right? Let’s have a duel soon. . . Okay?” She asked excitedly, her eyes sparkling for a brief moment before she calmed back down. “I’m sure it’ll be fun,” she murmured, turning her head away again.

”Hey, I’m going to get deep for a second.”
Oh? What's this? Cordelia had always seemed to be the fun-loving kind of person, so this came as a surprise. 
She turned to face Yukiro completely. “Do you really want to get out of here? Out of Aincrad?” 

Yukiro had never considered that. Did he really want to leave Aincrad? To go back to the real world? Did he really? 
Do I have anything to go back to? 

”Actually, forget it,” Cordelia said abruptly, making Yukiro jump a bit. He looked over to see her small smile. ”You’re almost my level, right? Let’s have a duel soon. . . Okay?” she asked. She looked excited, her eyes even seemed to sparkle for a moment. "I’m sure it’ll be fun,” she murmured, turning her head away again. 
A duel? Like... a fight? Could Yukiro even approach that level of skill yet? 
"...I have to admit, it'll be my first player fight in game. But... Yeah, sure! It sounds fun!" 
Yukiro felt the snow around him crack a bit and continued in a more serious tone as he started to struggle a bit more. 
"As for leaving Aincrad. I... If I'm being completely honest, no. I want to stay. I've found something for myself here. A place to belong, almost. In the real world... I'm isolated from others. To keep me pure, free of 'sins', as they called it."

@Cordelia

Cordelia stifled a laugh as she nodded her head slightly. "I guess you get it then," she murmured quietly, smiling to herself before standing up. 

"Alright, that's that, then," she huffed, chuckling at the struggling Yukiro. "We should get going before it starts to get colder," she yawned, covering her mouth before she sniffed. "As for this. . ." she uttered, peering at the snowball that encased Yukiro. "Can't be too hard to break!" She said excitedly.

"Sorry if this hurts by the way," she said just before she landed a roundhouse kick to the side of the abnormally large snowball. 

Snow flurried through the air as the force of impact broke through the layers of snow. Cordelia beamed as she placed her hands on her hips. "Yep! Still got it!"

"Anyway, let's start heading back to town," she said almost tiredly, her behavior turning a literal one-eighty. "This place is starting to get boring."

Cordelia Yukiro heard Cordelia stifle a laugh and stand up. 
That's a little rude. I don't see you stuck in a giant ball of snow. 
She also murmured something, but he didn't catch it. Ah, well, it must not have been important. 
"Alright, that's that, then, We should get going before it starts to get colder." Cordelia yawned, covering her mouth.
Oi, hold on, you seem to be forgetting something. 
"As for this... Can't be too hard to break!" she said excitedly, "Sorry if this hurts by the way." 
"Hey, um... what?" was all Yukiro had time to get out before Cordelia's leg smashed through the snowball, sending him flying out from the chunk of packed snow and into a pile of less-dense snow. 
Yukiro's head whipped back to see a beaming Cordelia. "Yep! Still got it!" 
Yukiro shook his head a bit and stood up. "Thanks, Cordelia." He smiled a bit and walked back over to her. 
"Anyway, let's start heading back to town," she said a little tiredly, "This place is starting to get boring." 
It struck Yukiro that her mood had gone from almost depressed back to bubbly in moments. Hm. He'd have to think about that. 
"Yeah, let's do that," he agreed with a slight nod. 

@Cordelia

Cordelia smiled to herself, stuffing her hands into her coat pockets with a small sigh.

"Well, it's really been fun, Yukiro," she sniffed, giving him a side glance before smiling again. It's not like she was really being sarcastic, either! Like, c'mon. She can genuinely enjoy being with people, too!

"I think I've given up on trying to grind my way quickly, y'know?" She murmured, sighing as she looked up at the sky was pursed lips. "You and me both know that you're going to surpass me in levels anytime soon," she mumbled, her smile faltering just a tad bit. 

Well, yes, it was sad to her. She couldn't keep up in terms of speed when it came to leveling up like other people nowadays.

If she was going to be slow at leveling, she might as well do it her own way.

She turned to Yukiro and chuckled. "Just don't go dying in the upper floors or something. It'd kind of suck."