[F01 PP] Secret of Medicine of The Forest Lonzo/Koga/Noctua/Nora

"Why aren't you running for god's sake man RUN!" Lonzo shouted.
"I-I can't. I don't know where to go."

Lonzo's pupils shrunk down. That was the voice of a child. What was a child NPC doing out here?! There was a high pitched noise in Lonzo's ears. The kind used when a character in a show would be too close to a bomb and would lose their hearing. All noise seemed to fade away, and he slowly turned his head to look at him. It was a young boy. He wasn't as small as the child who was in bed though but the clothing was similar. He was from Horunka just like that family. Lonzo looked and saw the vines stretch out and he made a mad dash for the kid. 

"AH!"

Lonzo and picked the boy up and still stayed close to the fight. He put the boy down after moving him a ways from the vines and stood up lifting his axe up to cut the vine that was now behind them.

"I WON"T LET YOU!" Lonzo shouted and tried to cut off the appendage but the Variant was too smart and whipped it away just in time so that Lonzo missed with his whirlwind attack again.
"Mister! You didn't kill me?"
"Hell no kid! Just run back to Horunka!"
"O-okay." He said still scared. He moved to get up to run.

130572 5 12 7 5

HP 98/100

Energy 3/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant
HP: 15/15 
Mitigation: 5
Damage: 10
Nepent Variant ignores armor mitigation on a natural roll of 10

Edited by Lonzo
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"But you attacked me! Your kind always comes after us."
"My, kind?" He looked over at the boy again and moved to draw fire away from him now that the nepent was interested again. He quickly activated whirlwind when the variant missed it's attack on him and rushed him to cut him only to be tripped up by the roots it had. "Bah. This is getting me no wh-"
Before he could finish he saw the boy run over and kneel down by him pulling at the roots that ensnared Lonzo. Lonzo just stared not expecting any sort of help at all. "Kid stop it you'll get in the way and get hurt." He pushed him behind himself with his arm. "I need you out of my way!" The kid fell over behind Lonzo with a whimpering noise. "Now Run back to Horunka!"
"I- I don't know the way! I wanted to help my friend! I don't want him to die!" He cried.
"The one in the village?"
"Yeah." he was crying a bit thinking about it.
"And what in gods name did you think you'd do out here? You'll die and then where will your parents be. God didn't you bother to THINK for a second?"
"I'm sorry!"
"Sorry doesn't cut it go hide in the woods I'll find you after!"
"But-"
"HIDE NOW!"

130575 1 3 14 2

HP 98/100

Energy 2/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant
HP: 15/15 

Edited by Lonzo

Lonzo felt his side and leg get hit pretty hard. He hissed annoyed at the strike. He then raised up his axe and went forward with his own attack. The air around him seemed to cause a gust as he used his whirlwind attack and landed the hit. He grinned happily. This might still go his way even if he got hit! The boy that was with him moved so that he was behind Lonzo to stay out of the way. His fists balled up and he watched the fight with a lot of hope for the knight. Unbeknownst to Lonzo the boy realized who the man was. The man who was on the mission! He honestly thought the man died or something. It wouldn't be the first time that happened. He watched the fight and tried to stay out of the way a bit better. He watched them both and his health came back. As the fight continued Lonzo's gem turned back to green. It seems the system dubbed his 'attack' as an accident because of the proximity of the battle.

130576 6 11 11 7

Mob deals 10dmg - 18mit =1dmg on Lonzo
Lonzo deals 4dmg - 5mit = 1dmg on nepent

HP 97/100

Energy 0/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant
HP: 14/15 

Edited by Lonzo
  • 2 weeks later...

"Tch, out of energy again." he sighed annoyed. He turned his head to look at the child who was behind him trembling in fear. A memory raced to the forefront of his mind that gave him cottonmouth. He turned to look at the enemy in front of him.

-Flashback-
Child's voice: What are you doing here you idiot?
Another child's voice: Teacher's pet.
Another child: You don't belong here you know stop pretending. Are you crying? Ha, he's crying!

There's a roar of laughter.

Lonzo's childlike voice in his mind: I can't fight them. I'll get suspended. When I surpass them as an adult they'll shut up. They'll all shut up....

-End Flashback-

Lonzo could hear the variant laughing and chatting it's teeth at them. Lonzo went forwards and fell to a knee. The boy back up a bit scared from the thorns hear Lonzo. A whip hit Lonzo on the shoulder and the Napant's roots grabbed onto his leg. He couldn't attack the Napent but he swung in frustration which stopped another whip attack from striking him. His eyes burned with divine rage.

"Mister we should run!" The boy shouted and ran over trying to pull the roots off of Lonzo's leg.

Lonzo's face softened and he looked at the boy who was helping him. Not all NPCs were monsters. Perhaps he should have more faith in humanity. The boy was crying but still trying to help him. He didn't run. Not even when told to. His lower lip trembled a bit.

-Flashback-
Nora running ahead without him
Noctura going to assist
Lonzo killing the small creatures
And one by one....
They were gone
-End Flashback-

Lonzo watched the kid pull at the roots that were cutting into his leg. He was crying. Like he was when saw impossible odds at too young an age. He wished he had someone who would have his back back then. Even now. Yet he wouldn't admit that outloud. It wasn't common for him to trust anyone. Everyone looked out for number one after all.

Variant attacks for 10 - 18mit = 1dmg
Lonzo misses

HP
 96/100
Energy 0/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant

131444 4 12 15 8
Edited by Lonzo
131449 5 3 14 8

Lonzo saw the vines raise up once more and quickly pulled the kid into his arm and used his body as a shield to defend him. The boy trembled hearing the clang of Lonzo's armor. The boy screamed and Lonzo just held him tight until he was sure the variant's attack was over. He slowly let the boy go who was crying. Lonzo then looked up and as the vines came back down he swung again at them tiredly. Again the attack gave pause and the vines retreated before Lonzo could sever them from the monster.

"Mister why'd you do that?!"
"Keep digging." Lonzo glared up at the beast.

The boy was quiet then returned to the ask of freeing Lonzo. His hands frantically digging up earth until he could get at the roots. He brought out a pairing knife and started to cut away at the roots until Lonzo could move. The knight slowly stood up breaking off roots from his leg.

"There we go that's better."
"Come on mister lets run!" The boy tugged at Lonzo's leg armor but Lonzo didn't move.
"I can't kiddo." Lonzo's eyes were fixed on the variant.
"What?! Why?!"
"For the same reason, you wouldn't run before."

The boy was quiet as he remembered his friend. Even though they were NPCS and the boy's programming was to run away at the sign of danger his other programming was to care about a child friend NPC. In a sense NPC's and Humans were similar. Both with their learning AI.

Variant attacks for 10 - 18mit = 1dmg
Lonzo misses

HP 95/100
Energy 0/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant

Edited by Lonzo

Roots pulled up and this time Lonzo dodged them but a scream caught his attention as the boy tumbled over. Lonzo felt everything stop for a moment. He could see where the whips would strike the child now that Lonzo was out of the way. His body was moving instictivly while he played out several scenarios in his mind but he knew he wouldn't be able to easily dodge the bullet this time. He placed himself in front of the child taking the hit. His core shook from the attack and he did a full swing with his axe. Again the variant recoiled just in time but Lonzo pivoted and turned his body and knelt down. With the moment of his axe and let it cut the roots that held the boy and he quickly crawled away from Lonzo and the Variant.

"MISTER!"
"You all right Kiddo?"
"MISTER YOU AIMED AT ME!"
"Not you kiddo, the roots....Just move back a bit so you don't get caught up like that okay? We can talk about all this in a bit after I kick it's -"

He heard the variant move towards him and quickly turned around to face his enemy with a glare that could send most people packing. He wasn't about to lose this fight.

"Don't think this is over....I'm going to end you and if you don't give me what I need I'll do it again and again. I won't stop. Why why don't you?" He huffed through his nose annoyed at it.

131451 4 3 8 9

Nepent deals 11dmg - 18mit = 1dmg
Lonzo misses

HP
 94/100
Energy 0/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant

Edited by Lonzo

The boy moved back even further and ducked behind some trees and rocks to watch the fight. He was captivated by how much the man didn't give in even though. Lonzo was fighting like he was running out of time, and to the child he was. Would he get back in time? The boy watched in aw. Lonzo turned on his heel and ran at the Napant. The Napant tried to whip Lonzo but Lonzo just turned and danced around the strikes. He took to the napant's vines and ran on top of them. He waved his axe but the Napant kept the other vines away from him. The boy stood up staring as Lonzo closed the cap by using the large creatures' own vines as a rode. Yet a flash caught the boys attention and he looked off to the right seeing more vines from the monster spread out like lances.

131452 2 8 5 5

both miss

HP 94/100
Energy 0/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant

Edited by Lonzo

Lonzo heard a scream from the boy. He turned as he was about to jump and attack. He looked back at the boy he pointed in frantic. His head turned back to where he was pointing but it was to late. Lonzo was impaled by the vines and was sent bouncing a skidding on the ground from the thrust of the whips. The weight of his armor slowed him before he became a skipping stone on the earth. His hair felt like a rats nest and he hated it. Though he was pleased to know this thing wasn't going to make it easy on him. Victory would only taste sweeter to him. Lonzo stood up and shook off the pain like it was nothing. The monster stared at him surprised that he wasn't going down so easily. Lonzo ran back over to the monster making sure to keep it at bay and away from the kid.

131453 1 6 6 8

Nepent deals 1dmg
Lonzo misses

HP 93/100
Energy 0/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant

Edited by Lonzo

Now that he was up close to the field boss he ducked and weaved to get past the roots he laid down. The monster went to whip him and had to give pause as Lonzo ducked into it's roots that held it up to begin with. He stayed in it's root system and felt the ground shift beneath himself. Lonzo quickly pushed himself up against one of the roots. He huffed and heard a whip slap the ground right next to him. He stared at it a bit freaked out that the monster almost hit itself just to get to him. He pulled out his axed and as he swung he lost his balance. He blinked as he looked down at the piled up dirt. There was no grass where he was standing. Nothing made sense. Where were the roots? Lonzo looked up at the boy he also seemed confused but he pointed behind Lonzo.

131461 4 5 6 5

both miss

HP 93/100
Energy 0/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant

Edited by Lonzo

The field boss did a side sweep throwing Lonzo near the river. Lonzo saw the river upside down and quickly wrapped his leg around one of the whips the field boss was using to toss him into the river. The kid ran out from the rock and was racing to a narrow part of the river to try to stop the knight from tumbling to a dangerous lake only to drown. Lonzo felt the current pull him once he was in the river but refused to let go of the vine that held him. His head came up for air but he was still being dragged. He saw the kid run over and he sat down between Lonzo's arms and braced himself. He felt Lonzo's axe handle against his waist and they were both being dragged. "KID IT'S DRAGGING ME I CAN"T LET GO OF MY AXE MOVE AWAY!!"
"NO!"

To Lonzo's surprise he slowed to a stop and sank slowly. He managed to stand up and brought his axe down on the vine that held him. He sighed and managed to get back to land with the kid. The Field boss drawing ever closer.

"Y-You're hurt."
"It's fine....They've done worse...."

131462 6 8 2 10

Variant crits 10unmited dmg + 2 - 18mit = 10
Lonzo deals 1 after mit

HP 83/100
Energy 0/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant
HP: 13/15 

Edited by Lonzo

Another large hit came down on Lonzo but his armor managed to mitigate it. Or rather his skill with his armor. He had to bow his head from the sudden attack on his head. He shrugged it off and cracked his own neck in annoyance. The boy looked at him then quickly ran behind another tree and knelt down to watch again. Lonzo huffed and wondered if the fight was dragging on because it was getting dark. He saw the vines coming at him and he quickly waved his axe and again the field boss moved them back and reared them again to attack lonzo again! "Tch, how annoying." was he really telegraphing all his moves as much as it seemed now? He had to hope for a lucky break at this point. He turned to fully face the field boss trying to ready himself to actually hit the beast. At least he hoped so.

131494 4 10 20 9

HP 82/100
Energy 0/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant

Edited by Lonzo

He saw the whips coming for him and he tried to dodge and as he did so roots from the ground rose up like a wall. Lonzo slammed into it and bounced off of it and to the dirt earth once more. He looked up and felt the whips strike him over and over. He winced and tried to wave his axe but all he felt was the sting of whips. This pendejo wasn't giving him an inch it seemed. The moon was being blocked out by the multitude of vines that seemed to be above him. This time it really hurt. Was it because he was already wounded? Lonzo wanted to curse so badly. He then remembered the npc. The kid was just watching him. Waiting for him to get done. He wouldn't run away either. He'd die if Lonzo either ran or fell in combat. So would that boy that was sick. He had to do something. Anything. And yet he couldn't even move from the strikes against his body.

131507 1 6 16 10

Nepent variant deals 10 unmited dmg 2 is mitted from the crit from Lonzo's armor
Lonzo misses

HP 72/100
Energy 0/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant

Edited by Lonzo

Lonzo managed to dance around some of the vines but felt himself get entangled again and again another strike that downed him. He felt roots around him and another crack of the whips struck him. This was beginning to look futile, but he was too stubborn to actually give in. If it was something he had learned the hard way it was how to get what he wanted. He wanted to win. Even if he wasn't gaining any ground right now he wanted to win. His head came up and he stood up slowly. He swung his axe but again the monster seemed to see his move and waited to not strike him. Lonzo closed his eyes and listened to the wind. He could feel the wind spin around trees and bushes. Escape wasn't an option but if he could use the terrain to avoid getting hit he would.  He sighed and began to go on the move.

131494 4 10 20 9

Nepent Variant crits for 1 mits the rest
Lonzo misses

HP 71/100
Energy 0/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant

Edited by Lonzo

Lonzo ducked into some trees and when the nepent tried to strike him it was stopped by the trees in the area. Lonzo thought he saw his chance and pushed off a tree and ran at the field boss but the monster latched onto another tree and pulled itself away from Lonzo's swing. Lonzo pivoted and ran with the wind as he bolted towards the field boss. "Come here I'm not done with you yet!" Lonzo shouted at the top of his lungs as he gave chase. The boy ran past the monster and Lonzo saw a vine out stretched towards him. Lonzo picked up speed and got ahead of the boy who was running towards him. 
"I'm sorry!"
"It's fine!" 
Lonzo didn't blink. He kept forwards about to strike his target. He had to end this quickly if he wanted to live. Anymore strong hits like that and he'd start to get worried.

131510 3 6 5 2

stats

Edited by Lonzo

the whip like vines wrapped around Lonzo. Lonzo felt it hard to breath as they wrapped around his neck. He coughed and choked for air feeling a sudden rush he wasn't use to. His body trembled for the jolts of pain. He raised his axe and swung it down cutting himself free. He gasped for air and listened as the monster chattered mockingly at him. Lonzo spat at the monster and felt shook to his core. His eyes darted around to find some sort of exposed spot on the monster. Why was it so difficult to hit? He was wearing down and he knew it but he should have gotten what he needed by now. Why was it taking so long? The boy stared at the blue light that came from Lonzo and watched his health bar go down even more. How did this man kill as many as he said he killed? 

131511 6 2 20 10

NV deals 10 2dmg is mitted
Lonzo deals 1dmg the rest is mitted

HP 61/100
Energy 0/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant
HP: 12/15 

Edited by Lonzo

Lonzo felt another whip slam down against his shoulder and he pushed fowards letting the appendage fall off of him. His eyes bloodshot from lack of rest. He gripped his Axe. He could hear the laughter in his mind. The constant struggle. The fight of being the odd man out and it made his skin crawl. No more. He'd had had enough. He pushed forwards to kill the monster with rage in his eyes. "STOP LAUGHING YOU BEAST!" he shouted it was as if his axe grew teeth as it seemed to bite even harder with the hit. "I'm sick of it! You all think you're better than me and I've risin to the top to be brought down like this?! I DON"T THINK YOU SHOULD RAT!" he screamed pushing his cut deeper. The boy stared in almost horror at the brutality. Lonzo sighed and pulled his axe from the creatures body watching it bleed. 

131512 10 9 13 6

Lonzo takes 1dmg the rest is mitted
Nepent takes 1dmg the rest is mitted has bleed 2

HP 60/100
Energy 0/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant
HP: 11/15 bleed on it's turn

Edited by Lonzo

Another crack of the whip and Lonzo held his action and didn't attack by. Sure enough the hole in the beast exploded into shards of blue light. The boy came out from behind the tree he was hiding behind and went up to Lonzo and touched his elbow. He let the blue rain from the kill touch down on him too.
"But you didn't hit it...You stood here and it...It...Exploded." he proclaimed. 
"I made sure it bled." Lonzo said with a smile. "Now off to fight another one." he sighed annoyed knowing it probably didn't drop at all. The boy stared at him.
"But mister, you should look first." he told him.
Lonzo sighed and stretched for a bit. "Mhm, I really should. I've looked every time so far. it's getting late too...I hope this thing dropped it. I'll be out here all night if I have to but I'm getting sore."
"you'd stay out here that long for my friend?"
"Yeah, it's not his fault he's sick. I'd do that for anyone." But...Why? i wasn't like this before. Why now? 
Lonzo chewed the inside of his cheek realizing that. He almost wanted to cry out. he wasn't use to that. Was he a horrible person otherwise?

131513 4 4 18 6

deals 1dmg to lonzo takes 12 dmg from bleed and dies
Lonzo rests for 1 energy

HP 59/100
Energy 2/10 
DMG 4
Mit 18
Acc 0
Eva 0
Luck 0

Nepent Variant
HP: 11/15 bleed on it's turn 

Edited by Lonzo

Lonzo looked down and something blinded him for a second. it was light above him. he rubbed his eyes and reached up and felt something leafy touch his hand. he brought it down and saw something akin to a husk in his hand. It took up most of his hand as well. he was surprised it wasn't that big. Maybe he expected to find a flower instead. 
"That's it mister! That's the ovule!" the boy shouted.
"Well I'll be, there it is." he put it into his inventory. "Guess that's it then." he smiled happily. "Time to head back." he was beyond elated. he'd scream out of joy if there wasn't an npc watching him. He looked at the item in his inventory. 

<Nepent's Ovule>
- Ovuel: Female reproductive organ found in some plants

This part of the plant helps create the medicine <convalesce panacea> -

"Hm that's interesting. Lets see do I need to get them anything else for this?" he opened up his help menu and did a search on Convalesce Panacea.

<Convalesce Panacea>
-Used as a cure against purple spore miasma. Can be made by an npc during a certain quest.-

"Bet it's this one...I'll have to look up what Purple spore miasma is later." he closed up his HUD and looked over at the kid.

He knelt down for him.

"Are you still hurt mister?"
"Nonsense, just hop on my back kiddo."
"Really?!"
"Yeah sure get on. I'll be your taxi."
"Taxi?"
"It's a fancy word for mount service. Usually I bet you'd use a horse."
"Oh okay!" he jumped onto Lonzo's back and Lonzo started to make his way back.

131514 6 9 12 9

ovule drops <3

Edited by Lonzo

He walked with the kid watching his health go up and energy come back. Yet he felt tired. A sigh escaped his lips and the kid started to squirm after a few minutes. Lonzo stopped and let him down. The kid ran in front of Lonzo and took his hand and placed it on his own shoulder. Lonzo blinked wondering what he was doing and just followed the kid walking through the woods.
"I don't get it."
"I'm your cane. You're tired right?"
"CANE?! Okay, all because I'm in my thirties doesn't make me old!"
"I didn't say that, okay, then more like a crutch."
"I'm not that old yet okay." Lonzo let go of him and ruffled his hair. "But thank you I appreciate the sentiment." he sighed and he followed him.
"I'm sure you can sleep someplace in town if it'd help you feel better."
"Like with a bed?" Lonzo asked in slight annoyance.
"There's the stable does that count."
"The hay might feel nice actually...That's very embarrassing, but it's better than the ground I guess."
"So you'll stay?!" the kid asked with big eyes.
"Stay? You want me to stay? I suppose I could. For a little while."

"That's great!" the kid smiled happily and circled Lonzo with his arms out.
"You know what an airplane is?" Lonzo asked.
"Huh?" the kid asked looking up at him with an unsure face.
"Sorry, what were you pretending to be?" Lonzo asked.
"Oh a dragon!" The kid smiled.
"Oh, of course. Wait. There are legit dragons here?" Lonzo asked.
"Somewhere I'm sure of it! I hear about it from travelers."
"Oh wonderful." Lonzo sighed a bit worried. "I think the nepents are enough thank you." Lonzo wasn't sure if he was cut out for this hero business and yet he didn't want to quit either. "Say, is this town in any sort of danger?" Lonzo asked.
"We're usually forgotten."
"Forgotten? Why's that?"
"Because we don't have much I suppose."
"......Maybe I'll change that. Okay I'll do what I can to bring in more people."
"What really?!"
"You bet!" Lonzo smiled at him.