[f1-PP] <<Nature's Treasure>> (Yukiro and Lonzo)

"Welp he said he wanted to go gathering and he said he was shy some materials. Maybe we'll head out and try to find something today." He sent Yukiro a quick mail to tell him where he was and what he was up to.

To: Yukiro
Hey there Yu, I'm out and about collecting materials. I was going to grab ten five for me five for you. Do you want to come with and gather some more for your shop too? I just thought I'd offer, who knows maybe if we get lucky we'll even find a chest or something. To be honest I never thought they were really worth hunting for. The possibility of traps is too for my liking. Anyway, what do you say? Do you want to go out for a bit of fun and see a sunset while we fill up your forge with materials? I'll be at the south gate hunting around just outside the town.
If not wish me luck. I got some info from a player about an NPC telling them about a garden and cavern too. I'm going to check it out and see if these places are honestly better for gathering.
                                    Lonzo

He went it and went to the south gate to wait for him or to wait for a mail saying he was on his own. After a quick look around he walked out and went to check to see if there was any rock salt or ore around. In truth, he wanted to go into a cave so he'd have better luck but he had found ore veins outside before and now that it was cooler it was easier to spot. He thought he saw one and went over to see if it held any good materials to use from it.
127646 8
@Yukiro

Edited by Lonzo

To: Yukiro
Hey there Yu, I'm out and about collecting materials. I was going to grab ten five for me five for you. Do you want to come with and gather some more for your shop too? I just thought I'd offer, who knows maybe if we get lucky we'll even find a chest or something. To be honest I never thought they were really worth hunting for. The possibility of traps is too for my liking. Anyway, what do you say? Do you want to go out for a bit of fun and see a sunset while we fill up your forge with materials? I'll be at the south gate hunting around just outside the town.
If not wish me luck. I got some info from a player about an NPC telling them about a garden and cavern too. I'm going to check it out and see if these places are honestly better for gathering.
                                    Lonzo

Yukiro scanned the message.
... Yu?
Material gathering... as much as he hated doing it, it was a good suggestion. He did need the materials. He sent a short reply.

To: Lonzo
Sure, I appreciate the invitation. I'll be there shortly.
                                 Yukiro

He made his way to where Lonzo said he'd be; the South gate. Finding him was pretty easy.
"Lonzo! Yo!"

"Yo, Yu!" he waved over to him and waited for him to catch up. He opened up his inventory and held a note. "See here? It shows that there is a garden on this floor but also where some decent ore veins are. I thought we could use them. What do you say?" he asked curiously. "Might be hogwash though who knows. Getting things easily isn't always the best way to do it but I figured we didn't have much to lose on the first floor you know what I mean?" he asked and stretched. "So far I haven't had a bit of luck but I just started. I did find this ore vein cracked in the ground here." he tapped on with his armored boot. He gave it another look and tried to see if there was a loose piece nearby. "If we're lucky we can get a chunk off this thing. Let's see if I can manage it real quick." 

As he tried to get a piece of ore for his friend the blacksmith he decided to chit chat a bit more.

"I"ve been seeing more and more people in town. I think that tent caused a stir, don't you? Did you go to the event Yu?" he asked curiously.

127647 Loot: 2

Edited by Lonzo
Spoiler

Searching:  LD rolls of 11-14 give 1 material.  LD rolls of 15+ give 2 materials.  Gatherer skill is added to this roll as well.
ID# 127648 | LD: 3

"I've been seeing more and more people in town. I think that tent caused a stir, don't you? Did you go to the event Yu?" Lonzo asked curiously.
Yukiro nodded, crouching down next to the small ore vein. 
"Yeah. It was pretty rough. I fought unkillable undead for hours. It was really a massive pain. But..."
He paused, taking a moment to scour the vein for loose materials. He didn't see any, so he stood back up. 
"I did manage to win this sword. I'm already pretty fond of it, even if I've only had it for a few days," he said, grinning at Lonzo and resting one hand on the weapon. "What about you? Did you manage to make it to the event?" 
His eyes scanned over his equipment. Nothing looked like an item from the event, though he did notice that he was wearing the armor Yukiro had given him.
Yukiro smirked briefly. "Nice armor by the way. Looks good on you."

@Lonzo

Edited by Yukiro

He shivered thinking about the undead. That sounded awful dealing with something unkillable. How did he manage to survive such a feat. "Tell me the tale legendary blacksmith." he looked at his side to the sword that he patted. He smiled a bit and nodded. "Can't wait to see it in action." he wondered what was special about it. "Tell me about that too when you get the time or show it off." he stretched and watched him."I did, at first I was very insulted by the cheap food, but maybe I took it too personally. Gave me cooking ideas though." he admitted. "Say, what tickles your taste buds, sweet, salty, sour, some interesting combination?" he asked curiously digging for information on what to make him for his order.
He beamed a bit hearing the armor fit him well.

"Well you see there's this handsome legendary blacksmith on floor one." he bumped elbows with him and watched him check out the vein. He helped him out looking around.

127658 Loot: 6

Edited by Lonzo
Spoiler

ID# 127663 | LD: 4

"Tell me the tale legendary blacksmith." Lonzo said, glancing at the sword that Yukiro had hanging from high up on his waist. "Can't wait to see it in action. Tell me about that too when you get the time or show it off."
Yukiro grinned. "Will do. You made it the event I take it?"
"I did, at first I was very insulted by the cheap food, but maybe I took it too personally. Gave me cooking ideas though," he said. "Say, what tickles your taste buds, sweet, salty, sour, some interesting combination?" 

Yukiro had to give that some though. 
"Well... I usually go for something savory, like ramen or eggs. But as of late I seem to be getting more of a sweet tooth." 
"Nice armor by the way. Looks good on you."
Lonzo beamed at that. "Well you see there's this handsome legendary blacksmith on floor one." he said, bumping elbows with Yukiro.
Yukiro chuckled a bit. 
"You'll have to introduce me sometime. I'm yet to meet a legendary blacksmith."
He sifted through the vein, still finding nothing of interest. Finally, he stood up and stretched. 
"Hey, you're level five now, right? Wanna join me for a little hunting?"

@Lonzo

Edited by Yukiro

"Hunting? Like fighting something?" he asked curiously. He kept picking at the vein wondering if it was a dead vein and then realized both himself and he realized neither of them had their weapon drawn. What if they were attacked? His eyes rose up at his surroundings. Bird-like he turned his head in various ways. Still, he didn't see any boars or worse yet wolves. He sighed pleased to not see combat. He didn't want to embarrass himself. He needed practice that was for certain. He lowered his guard and checked it some more. "Maybe we should check out the garden, if we're lucky there might be open veins there too? Well maybe not." he's actually worried this place was a bust in general.
He started to feel bad for wasting his time. 

Hey, get over it. You're both here idiot. Work with what you have. You've dealt with tougher.

His hands gave pause and he raised up a fist and slammed it down against the vein chipping it away.  His brows knit and he kept attacking the vein. He waved his hand a bit and looked through the rubble. It wasn't an immortal object so there had to be something there.

"There has to be something here or it'd shatter in blue light. So there's something here. We just have to find it." he was focused more than he had been looking.

127693 Loot: 19 2mats

Edited by Lonzo
Spoiler

ID# 127763 | LD: 17 | 2 T1 Materials found. 

"Hunting? Like fighting something?" Lonzo asked, scanning their surroundings. Yukiro watched him do so until he looked satisfied that there was nothing that was going to try to kill them. "Maybe we should check out the garden, if we're lucky there might be open veins there too? Well maybe not." 
Yukiro sighed. Nothing was coming up for him.
"Yeah, maybe you're right. I'm not sure about this pla--"
Suddenly Lonzo's fist slammed it down against the vein, breaking parts off of the vein. Yukiro watched wide eyed as he began to beat the stone into submission.
...Wow.
"There has to be something here or it'd shatter in blue light. So there's something here. We just have to find it." 
Yukiro began sifting through the rubble as well. 
"That... was very impressive. Good job."
Yukiro pulled out a couple of ores. He was now quite unsure what to talk about.

@Lonzo

Edited by Yukiro

"Sometimes things work if you just them a good smack." he laughed. "Out of things to talk about? What do you mean? There's plenty. What did you mean by hunting? Did you actually mean mobs? I'm sure you could use horns or claws in your blacksmithing right?" Lonzo asked. "Or aren't you sure?" he wasn't sure himself. "I've seen plant mobs I want to try to sautee, and boars, come on, that's just asking to one day be turned to bacon am I right?" he asked him. "The boars have tusks too, so it's likely you could make daggers or something out of it, or perhaps it'd have a special property in it to add a status or buff easier than other materials. Just a thought I suppose." He keeps looking around. "Ha, if you think that's impressive you'll be more surprised sticking around with me.
"Besides there's thons to talk about. Have you met any dateable people around here? Ha, I've met tons. A fair Nightingale Maiden and a fair princess fit to be an Empress. Don't worry though Yu, you're still-" he paused realizing he had not given him some sort of persona in his mind. 

He thought about it. He wasn't a silent protagonist. Not a comedian. He was almost assassin like to him. He wasn't sure what he was. As he searched he gave pause and lightly hit his own forehead with his palm. 'Legendary Blacksmith' of course. He kept looking around and listened to Yukiro hoping he chats about his adventures in the event or some other quest. He was curious to learn after all.

127770 Loot: 3

Edited by Lonzo
Spoiler

ID# 127776 | LD: 9

"What did you mean by hunting? Did you actually mean mobs? I'm sure you could use horns or claws in your blacksmithing right?" Lonzo asked. He had started on a sort of tangent, so Yukiro stayed quiet and let him talk. "Or aren't you sure? I've seen plant mobs I want to try to sautee, and boars, come on, that's just asking to one day be turned to bacon am I right?" Yukiro nodded. Bacon did sound quite good. "The boars have tusks too, so it's likely you could make daggers or something out of it, or perhaps it'd have a special property in it to add a status or buff easier than other materials. Just a thought I suppose." 
"Yes, I fight mobs quite a bit. I have used boar and wolf materials in smithing, they work quite well. I would love to try some bacon anytime you make some," he quickly replied, trying to answer all of the questions quickly.
"Ha, if you think that's impressive you'll be more surprised sticking around with me."

Yukiro certainly believed it.
"Besides there's tons to talk about. Have you met any dateable people around here?"
If he'd been drinking Yukiro would have spat it out. "Wh-what? D-d-dateable?"
"Ha, I've met tons. A fair Nightingale Maiden and a fair princess fit to be an Empress. Don't worry though Yu, you're still-" Lonzo said, cutting himself off early. He seemed to be deep in thought. 
"Still alive, I hope. I tend to be better able to defend others as a living being."
 Yukiro sighed and gave up on the materials here. Standing up, he offered Lonzo a hand up.
"So, what do you say? Up for a good fight?"

@Lonzo

Edited by Yukiro

He sighed hearing him say alive in such a tone. 
"That's not what I meant. I meant you're also a Legendary-" he looked at his hand. He took his hand and got up with his help. "And handsome too. Ha, I'd date you too if you were interested." he smiled a bit "Wait you want to fight?" he moved his hand back a little surprised. "Why would you want to do that?" he thought it was a little strange then opened up his HUD with a quick wink having set a macro to open it that way. "Okay, I guess I'll get to see that sword of yours in action then huh? All right go easy on me then, this will be my first duel all right." he figured it wouldn't be his last. Maybe He and Yukiro would test each other's metal like this more often. He sent him a dueling request. "All right then, let's see what we both can do."

"And handsome too. Ha, I'd date you too if you were interested," Lonzo said with a smile.
"Wh-- huh?" Yukiro's mind went blank for a moment. He never expected to be called handsome. "A-ah! Thank you. But, ah, you see, I already have my heart set on someone."
Sorry!
"Wait you want to fight? Why would you want to do that?"
"Huh? No, that's not what I--"
"Okay, I guess I'll get to see that sword of yours in action then huh? All right go easy on me then, this will be my first duel all right." 
"I just meant that--"
"All right then, let's see what we both can do."

... I was saying we should go hunt mobs. But I suppose there's no backing down now.
Yukiro drew his sword and took a few steps back. His sword's black blade seemed almost to void the lick around it. This was certainly not what he was expecting his gathering to be like. 
But he was not disappointed. 

@Lonzo

Edited by Yukiro

He was shocked. Yu already had eyes for someone?! That was amazing. Would he only pursue them? He wondered what the point of that would be. To be tied down for a single person in a world like this. Maybe it made sense but he didn't understand it yet. He pulled out his ax. "You'll have to tell me more about that person I'm curious who captured your attention Yu." he admitted running a thumb over his axe's edge. He ran towards him lifting up his axe then stopped. "Hey, why don't we actually try this once we get the materials we need first. Yu vs Lonzo. What do you think?" he smiled happily at him and had his ax disappear. "Come on let us check out that garden with any luck there will be an ore vein near it too and we can collect foodstuffs too. I'm not leaving till I get five for me and five for you, Got it?" he asked. "But I'll race you there!" he bolted in a flash. Hoping to learn who Yu's heart yearned for.

"You'll have to tell me more about that person I'm curious who captured your attention Yu." Lonzo told Yukiro. He lifted his large ax and prepared to fight. Yukiro entered a battle stance as well, but Lonzo stopped short. "Hey, why don't we actually try this once we get the materials we need first. Yu vs Lonzo. What do you think?"
"I suppose that's a fair idea. Wouldn't want to ruin such a pleasant day."
"Come on let us check out that garden with any luck there will be an ore vein near it too and we can collect foodstuffs too. I'm not leaving till I get five for me and five for you, Got it? But I'll race you there!" Lonzo didn't wait for an answer before bolting away.
Yukiro stood there for a moment, processing the interaction. Then, upon realizing Lonzo's great lead, he shot after him in a blur of black.
He'd probably let Lonzo stay ahead, as he knew where they were going.

@Lonzo

Once there he looked around and looked over his shoulder to Yukiro. "How did I run faster than you in this ar- oh right, I forgot to tell you where I was even going. Sorry about that." he felt a little bad about that. "So who's that you have your eye on. I'm dyin' to know," he said with excitement. "I promise I can keep a secret honestly I can!" he was curious to know who the legendary blacksmith was vying for or was he just trying to throw him off course. He looked around the new area that had a lush garden but also had some decent rocks and ore veins around it. "Perfect lets see how lucky I can be tonight. I have a long way to go before I get the ten I need. You search too Yu, we need to get you with so many supplies you wouldn't know what to do with yourself." he laughed heartily.

128163 9 11 14

He smiled gaining another material
"Fancy, I got another one just for you." he winked at him "That's 3/5 for you handsome. See I told you, you can count on me."

Edited by Lonzo
Spoiler

ID# 129037 | LD: 2

"So who's that you have your eye on. I'm dyin' to know," Lonzo asked in excitement. "I promise I can keep a secret honestly I can!" 
Yukiro considered it for a moment. Should he say who it was..? 
"Hm... You might not know her," he stated simply. He'd have to consider whether to tell him further.
Soon they arrived at a lush garden with many plant and veins of ore. "Perfect lets see how lucky I can be tonight. I have a long way to go before I get the ten I need. You search too Yu, we need to get you with so many supplies you wouldn't know what to do with yourself." 
Lonzo went to an ore vein and picked out a good chunk of ore. "Fancy, I got another one just for you." he winked at Yukiro, "That's 3/5 for you handsome. See I told you, you can count on me." 
Yukiro approached the vein as well. Nothing really stood out to him. "How do you keep finding these?"

@Lonzo

Edited by Yukiro

"I have no idea. I'm just a luck sack?" he asked. "Maybe because even though I want to get these for people I don't care one way or the other. I'd just stay here till I'm done and maybe that grants me some secret power. It's like the universe knows it can either force me to take forever or give me what I want to see what I do with it. Though to be fair, I really need materials and I'm worried you'll be in the same boat. What would be worse is if I didn't try at all I bet. So it's a lady huh? If you ever need to take her on a date.....You might not want my pub. It's a pub for adventuring it's not pretty, I mean you've seen it. One day though I'll get really good and own something beyond fancy. How about you Yukiro? Do you plan to move your shop eventually too or are you just going to bum around floor one, nothing wrong with it if that's your plan." He admitted. "All right lets see if I can find you two more and then work for myself, shall we? Hey, Yuki, still, find out what foods she likes okay. I'll hook you up when I get even better okay. It'll give me more to practice and I'd like that. A lot." he said as he continued looking around. "So, what's her name?"

129042   LD13
4/5 for Yukiro 0/5 for Lonzo 

Edited by Lonzo
Spoiler

ID# 129117 | LD: 12
Total of 3 T1 Materials found

"So it's a lady huh? If you ever need to take her on a date.....You might not want my pub. It's a pub for adventuring it's not pretty, I mean you've seen it. One day though I'll get really good and own something beyond fancy. How about you Yukiro? Do you plan to move your shop eventually too or are you just going to bum around floor one, nothing wrong with it if that's your plan." 
Yukiro nodded. "I might move up once I get more well known. But I want to be a pretty good blacksmith before I do, so for now I'll stay down here." 

"All right lets see if I can find you two more and then work for myself, shall we? Hey, Yuki, still, find out what foods she likes okay. I'll hook you up when I get even better okay. It'll give me more to practice and I'd like that. A lot." he said as he continued looking around. "So, what's her name?" 
Looking at the ground Yukiro answered quietly, "Her name is NIGHT. She doesn't like me, though." 
As he looked down Yukiro noticed a glimmering ore. He picked it up and added it to his inventory. 

@Lonzo

Edited by Yukiro

That name sounds familiar. Why is that? Oh that's right.

"So you like mysterious songbirds." Lonzo pointed out. "She's very likable. I've done a quest with her. To be honest I thought you were going to say Koga." He laughed happily. "I'm not sure why. All right I'll keep it a secret." he winked. "I wish you the best of course, maybe she'd feel more attuned to you if you made her a gift yes, or perhaps if you got her some cute vanity item to symbolize your feelings towards her? Seriously though if you're going shopping I want to tag along. I love the past time however it's a moot point if you're by yourself. Maybe it's because I'm chatty." he chuckled as he continued to look around. "Based on her style though what would look good on her? Perhaps an elegant hair pin? A ring would be going a touch too far, so perhaps a necklace or earrings? If I had enough experience I'd make you a lunch for her. Heck maybe you can make your own lunch yes?" he asked him. "Or maybe an adornment she can place on her weapon or shield. Like a keychain in kingdom hearts or what phones use to have." he pointed out. 

He kept searching around for more materials.

129934 4 3 1 7
Edited by Lonzo
  • 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

ID# 131491 | LD: 17
Total of 5 T1 Materials found

"So you like mysterious songbirds. She's very likable. I've done a quest with her. To be honest I thought you were going to say Koga," Lonzo laughed, "I'm not sure why. All right I'll keep it a secret. I wish you the best of course, maybe she'd feel more attuned to you if you made her a gift yes, or perhaps if you got her some cute vanity item to symbolize your feelings towards her? Seriously though if you're going shopping I want to tag along. I love the past time however it's a moot point if you're by yourself. Maybe it's because I'm chatty. Based on her style though what would look good on her? Perhaps an elegant hair pin? A ring would be going a touch too far, so perhaps a necklace or earrings? If I had enough experience I'd make you a lunch for her. Heck maybe you can make your own lunch yes?" Lonzo asked Yukiro, "Or maybe an adornment she can place on her weapon or shield. Like a keychain in kingdom hearts or what phones use to have." he pointed out. 
Yukiro paused and started listening intently when Lonzo said he'd met NIGHT. 
Him like... Ko-- no, he wasn't even going to think that. 
A gift? Yeah, that was a good idea. 
As he thought about Lonzo's words he grabbed a couple of ores. 

"Hmm... You have a good idea there. I'll be sure to invite you along if I ever go shopping," he confirmed. 

@Lonzo

Edited by Yukiro