Energy: 2

Skills

» [Rank 1] Rapier [DMG +1]

Equipment

» Jack's Graceful Repose [Perfect Rapier [Burn - Blight - Cursed]]

» Vanity Black and Tan Outfit [Light Armor]

Battle Ready Inventory

» [50 HP] Healing Crystal (3)

She knew that she couldn't force Koga to go out of the town with her all of the time, nor really ask it of him. So perhaps she should just go out and attempt some material hunting alone? At least, this was the thought process that got her out of bed for the morning, but now, here she stood. At the exit of the Town of Beginnings, doubting if she was really up to do this alone. Honestly, with how little she still knew, she was sure to be killed after all. Of course, Koga was trying, but there was a feeling in the back of her mind that she was making his patience run low. So, yeah, perhaps going out and attempting this without him was going to beneficial right? She sighed lightly as she opened her inventory and looked between the two rapiers that she had.

That was when she decided to equip Jack's Graceful Repose, the pure silver rapier with the owl wings that would wrap around her hands. Yeah, that was going to be the best bet for her, especially if she planned on doing this alone. Taking a deep breath, she started to walk out of the town, before immediately turning around and walking the other direction. "Nope, I can't do it. I'm just going to go back and wait for this to be over..."

@Yukiro

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

Yukiro

LEVEL 8
160 HP | 16 EN | 6 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 EVA | 1 REG | 1 BURN | 1 BLIGHT | 1 FREEZE

Skills:
2H Straight Sword - Rk 1

Equipped:

• "Jack's Purgatory" - 2H Straight Sword (T1 Perfect) Cursed - This item automatically adjusts its Tier to the player it's equipped to | Burn - Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 12 unmitigated burn damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. Burn damage does not stack, but can be refreshed. [Must hit to activate the status condition.] | Blight - Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 12 unmitigated blight damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. Blight damage does not stack, but can be refreshed. [Must hit to activate the status condition.] | Freeze - Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Frozen opponents lose any evasion properties. Striking a frozen enemy before the effect ends will end Freeze and deal an extra 12 unmitigatable damage. [Must hit to activate the status condition.]
  • "Nightmare Overcoat" - Light Armor (T1 - Perfect) MIT x2 Prevent 18 damage from successful attacks against you | REG x1 After taking damage, gain Regen at the beginning of your next turn. Heal (5 per slot * Tier) every turn for three rounds. Damage over time effects (Bleed, Poison) will not trigger Regen. Does not stack with Battle Healing. Taking damage while Regen is active will refresh it to its full duration.
  • "Ravenfeather Treads" - Light Armor (T1 - Perfect) EVA x3 Reduces the die value by 3 on an enemy’s attack against you. Cannot be used to avoid a critical hit.

Items:
"Cloak of Twisted Worlds" - Light Armor (T1 -  Rare) EVA x2 
"Leggings of Shattered Torment" - Light Armor (T1 - Rare) 18 MIT 
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP) x3
T1 Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP) x5
T1 Damage Potion. (+1 Damage) x1
T1 Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP) x1
T1 Safeguard Potion (can only be used in the quest 'The Third lesson, Is Just as Free'. Safeguard blocks the damage from the first successful attacks that hits the player) x1

Yukiro wandered to the towns exit. He wasn't in the mood for any real training. No, he was just going to look for a nice sunny hill to take a nap on. It would probably sound like stupidity to anybody else; if he was just going to take a nap, why would he leave the safe zone? It was pure lunacy! 
Well, he happened to like sleeping out in the sun. And it was more comfortable to sleep on a grassy hill than it was to sleep on a cobblestone street. And there was a lack of hills withing the city limits. 
Well, that was what he told people. The truth was that he was on a hunt. Not for resources, nothing on this floor would give him those. No, there was a certain monster that spawned every few day. One that he held a personal grudge against. 
It was probably because he was so deep in thought that he didn't see the person in front of him. And she had been facing away from him as well, only turning right before...
Thud!
Yukiro collided with a much smaller player, knocking her over.
"Ah! I'm sorry, are you okay?"

@Noctua

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Energy: 2

Skills

» [Rank 1] Rapier [DMG +1]

Equipment

» Rare Rapier [DMG +1, ACC +1]

» Vanity Black and Tan Outfit [Light Armor]

Battle Ready Inventory

» [50 HP] Healing Crystal (3)

Thud! And there she went, landing on her butt on the ground. Looking up, she wanted to see what she ran into, only to see it being a who, with the guy apologizing to her. Wait, why was he apologizing? It wasn't like she had been watching where she had been going either. But, rising back to her feet, she shook her head lightly. "I-it's okay. I am o-okay." There was that stutter that showed her social anxiety to the extreme. But, there was no need to be nervous right? She didn't know anymore. There were nice people, like Koga, and there were rude people, like everyone else. She just needed to figure out where this new person landed on that scale.

"A-are you okay?" She was trying to talk through the stutter at this point, to not seem so shy or nervous. Whether it was working, well that was going to have to wait to be seen. Instead, she started to dust herself off, out of pure habit from the real world, wondering if dust actually did fall off of herself here. Once she felt like she was clean and undusted, she looked back at the new person in front of her. What was he even doing walking to the exit of town? Oh right, she was one of the only ones who didn't exactly leave town, he might be going back out to level.

@Yukiro

"A-are you okay?" 
"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry about that, I should have been watching where I was going."
The girl started to dust herself off. Yukiro wasn't sure what to do yet. But he had an idea.
"Er, so... You look like you were headed out of town," 
he started awkwardly, "Would you like some company? I don't look like much, but I can keep you alive pretty well."
He placed his hand on his sword and gave her a warm smile. It was a fake smile, but he wanted to instill some confidence in her. He had to try, at least.
Besides, it's my fault she was knocked to the ground. I should try to make up for it if I can. 
"I can also do some other favor for you, if you want. It wouldn't be much trouble for me, if it's not for you."

Yeah, that would do it. Hopefully she wouldn't be too mad at him now. 

She shook her head once more at his second apology. "B-blame is mine too." Geez Noctua, learn to talk to people will you? She tried to keep from sighing as she thought that against herself. She wanted to break out of this, and darn it, she will. But she looked at Yukiro again once he spoke and she looked towards the exit then back at him. "S-sure, if you want to." You know the bad part about being so anti-social, that you know when a smile is being faked. But, ignoring that factor she nodded after a moment and attempted some kind of smile of her own. "Um, I don't need favors?" There was a short pause as she tried to think for a moment before shaking her head. It was almost as if she was trying to make sure that she didn't need anything to be done.

Well, except for a confidence boost, but that was going to take a while on it's own. "I was mainly going to go to try to train." She can attempt a conversation right? That wouldn't be too hard for her to do? Well, maybe it would be but she was going to attempt it anyways. She didn't know how else to go about the small talk that most people liked to go by when they were literally out of every conversation starter. But then, how may of those people ran into someone like Noctua, who didn't know how to talk to others really? "Oh, um, I'm Noctua by the way." She offered her name then, hoping that this might get a little better for her by knowing this person's name. Perhaps then, she can think of new ways to talk, like she did with Koga. That would work right?

@Yukiro

"I was mainly going to go to try to train," she told him. There was a brief pause. "Oh, um, I'm Noctua by the way." She introduced herself.
Yukiro nodded politely. "Yukiro. It's a pleasure to meet you." He wasn't sure what to do now. Should he lead her out of the safe zone? Would she take the lead? Should they talk some more? 
He had learned recently he actually had no idea how to talk to people, particularly females. He would have to make sure he did it right this time. 
Clearing his throat he continued speaking, "I suppose if you're not sure, I can let you go it alone. But you're welcome to join me at anytime."
Yeah, that was a smart move. Remove the pressure on joining him and still invite her along. Yeah, good one. 
Yukiro flashed another smile and walked around her. Maybe he could still get his nap in.
"I'll see you later, I hope."

@Noctua

She offered a shy smile when he introduced himself. She was making friends, right? But then, it was like she wasn't. He was going to go off on his own? She could believe that he was going to be safe, but she didn't know how well it was going to work for her. But she wanted to get stronger, so why not? "Oh, um, yeah. I'll come with you." She turned and jogged a little to catch up to him. Once she was walking beside him, she took in a deep breath. "I'm sorry, I'm really horrible with social interactions." Might as well get that out of the way right then and there. That might make things a little easier from now too. Or it could make it worse, only the moments afterwards would be able to tell her that. But she opened her interface and found Yukiro's name and sent him a party invitation.

"Before you accept, I want to let you know that I am still new to gaming in general." Not just this game, but all games. She was learning as she went, literally. Sometimes it was easy on her, and other times it was horrible. It kind of depended on the company she took it seemed like, and right now, there was only one person who she has actually teamed up with, and multiple times at that. But, she needed to make more friends, so why not start right now?

@Yukiro

"Oh, um, yeah. I'll come with you." Noctua said as she jogged to catch up.
There goes my nap... Maybe...
"I'm sorry, I'm really horrible with social interactions." she announced. Yukiro slowed down a little, letting her catch up.
"That's fine. At least, you're doing pretty good so far."
A party invitation appeared in front of him. He went ahead and tapped the accept.
"Before you accept,"
Oops.
"I want to let you know that I am still new to gaming in general." 
Yukiro glanced at Noctua.
"Oh, is that all? Then you're in good company; This is my first video game." He wasn't proud to announce that, seeing as he was now living inside a video game, but hopefully it helped her open up a bit. 
"So, you wanted to train, right? Let me show you a good place."
Actually, he was leading her to his napping hill. But there were boars around, and he would help her. He was just hoping he'd still get the chance to lay down.

@Noctua

Edited by Yukiro

Well, at least he wasn't mad. This was shaping up to be how her last party went. That was a good sign for it, it meant that she might walk out of this with a friend later on. But, she got a compliment, maybe? Could that be considered a compliment? She didn't know, but she did know that she was starting to relax just a little bit. She nearly laughed though when he accepted her party invitation before she could even finish warning him. "Oh? I'm not used to meeting others who are new to it too. I know that they are out there, but, yeah..." She kind of figured that most of them were dead at this point, or just too scared to leave the Town of beginnings, quite like herself. But here she was, trying to fix that at least.

Wait, he was willing to show her a good place for training? "Oh, okay. I'll follow you then." Of course, she didn't know the best places, so this was going to be a great opportunity. She nodded lightly, mainly to herself, before she started to follow Yukiro. Silence, she lived in it, but she wondered if she could rack her brain to think of something to get them talking about. But, the anti-social person in her was trying to say no. But finally, "What do you do outside of training and leveling Yukiro?" Okay, she really needed a lesson in small talk.

@Yukiro

"Oh, okay. I'll follow you then." And she did. They walked in silence for a while, until Noctua decided to strike up a conversation. "What do you do outside of training and leveling Yukiro?" 
Outside of training and leveling... Yukiro couldn't say he had a wide variety of things did...
"Let's see... I sleep a lot. I work at my forge. I eat. I explore and fight... I guess I've read a few books." Wow. He did a solid four things outside of eating and sleeping. Way to go, Yukiro. 
Of course, I say this, but I'm just taking her somewhere I intend to sleep. Maybe I'm becoming a bit rude...
"What about yourself? Have any hobbies, friends?" he asked, not even stopping to think that this could be a touchy subject. "It's safe to say you don't go exploring much. That's fine, it's not for everybody I suppose."
He stopped when they reached a particular hill; nice and sunny with a single tree for shade. A few boars roamed about ten meters away. 
"... Do you want me to join you, or would you rather try to fight them yourself?"

@Noctua

Edited by Yukiro

Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Energy: 0 (2 -2)

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID 127814

BD 2  <<Miss>>

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1

HP: 11 // DMG: 4 // Hate: vs Noctua 0 // vs Yukiro 0

Boar 2

HP: 11 // DMG: 4 // Hate: vs Noctua 0 // vs Yukiro 0

She was kind of grateful that she broke the silence with her question. Of course, it was starting to seem like he was accustomed to the silence too. Perhaps being in silence was going to be good for them? She let that thought go soon enough though, for he was answering her question. He didn't seem to do much, but he also did more than Noct did, so that was saying something, or was it? Then, the question was turned around to herself. "Oh, um, I mainly just stay in town. I am working towards becoming an Artisan though." The part on friends though, she only had one. "But, um, my only friend would be Koga, if you know him."

But then, with how social Koga tends to be, at least he was more social than herself, people probably knew him. They stopped at a hill soon enough, and there were some boars roaming not far away. She tensed up a little but shook her head. "I can try to go about it alone, but honestly would prefer help. I don't have the best luck at hitting things." And it was soon being shown as two of the boars spotted them and came over, rearing for a challenge. Once looked at Noct, while the other looked at Yukiro. Puling Graceful Repose from her hip, she started to go for just a basic attack, and missed. The tip of her sword narrowly missing the first boar's shoulder.

@Yukiro

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

Yukiro

LEVEL 10
200 HP | 20 EN | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 EVA | 1 REG | 1 BURN | 1 BLIGHT | 1 FREEZE

Spoiler

ID# 127844 | BD: 2 MD: 10
ID# 127845 | MD: 2

Yukiro: HP 199/200 (-1) | EN 18/20 (-2)

Boar 1

HP: 11 // DMG: 4 // Hate: vs Noctua 0 // vs Yukiro 0

Boar 2

Regen starts next turn

As much as he hates to admit it, looking back, Yukiro was being a real jerk when he first met Noctua. At least, at first. He'd try to make it up to her later on, but at first, he deserved what was coming to him. 

Yukiro watched Noctua approach one of the boars and swing her rapier at it. A couple of boars seemed to notice them. 
... I'm sure she's got this. She can handle herself, right? She's tough enough to do this, right? Yeah, I don't have to step in here. She's got this.
Yukiro decidedly laid down in a position he could watch her in. The warm sun and comfortable grass began to lull him to sleep...
And a boar plowed into his gut.
Almost as if in retribution for leaving his companion to fight alone the boars had decided to target Yukiro. The first one rammed it's face right into Yukiro's stomach, waking Yukiro up with just enough time to roll and evade the second one. 
Yeah, he deserved that.

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

ID 128005

BD 1 >>Critical Miss<<

Boars

Spoiler

Boar 1

Boar 2

Wait, hold on. Was he..he was. He was laying down while she attempted to fight?! What in the world was going on right now? Even as she thought this, the two boars seemed to beeline right for him. One seemed to hit him in the gut right as he fell asleep while the other was dodged away from. She grumbled something under her breath to herself before she ran up the hill charging her basic attack once more. But there was a slight problem, the hill was a hill. Her momentum stopped and as soon as she went to hit the first boar, it was easily able to dodge her attack. With a sigh she backed away from the boars and looked at the weapon. She was having no luck with this, perhaps it's curse was making her miss every hit she wanted to make. She looked at Yukiro, and would have asked him if he was okay, but right now, he didn't warrant that question after falling asleep and leaving her alone with two boars.

@Yukiro

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

ID# 128008 | BD: 9 MD: 4
ID# 128009 | MD: 3
Yukiro: HP 200/200 (+5) | EN 18/20 

Boar 1

HP: 0/11 (-32) // DMG: 4 // Hate: vs Noctua 0 // vs Yukiro 2

Boar 2

Regen turn 1

Yukiro pushed himself up. Yeah, he deserved that last hit. 
"Before you say anything. Yes, that was cruel. I am sorry."
One of the boars tried to head but Yukiro again. Yukiro stopped it with his hand. Using his other arm to push himself up, he drew his sword and swiftly cut the back of the boar's neck. The beast shattered instantly. 
"But he-- *yawn*-- Hey, you just attack the boars on your own. No help, nobody backing you up. Good job."
Yukiro stretched and spun as the other boar tried to ram him, letting it brush harmlessly off his leg. He shook himself off a bit and turned back to Noctua. 
"Right, now then. My apologies, I had planned to nap here before I had encountered you. I'm sorry. You have my undivided service from here on out."
He felt pretty guilty. For good reason. He gave a slight bow to Noctua and moved to her side (with some distance between them).

@Noctua

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Spoiler

Boar 1

HP: 0/11 (-32) // DMG: 4 // Hate: vs Noctua 0 // vs Yukiro 2

Boar 2 [BURN [2]] [BLIGHT [2]]

HP: 7 (11 -4) // DMG: 4 // Hate: vs Noctua 0 // vs Yukiro 0

Spoiler

ID 128014

BD 10 >>Critical Hit +2<<

She just stared at him, unable to really say anything. Here he was, trying to nap apparently, she comes along and apparently ruins that. Who in the world would even want to nap out here anyways?! That was the first thought that came to her mind, but she brushed it off. He managed to one shot kill one of the boars, but that didn't stop the feeling of rage that was coursing through her. Of course, she didn't even know if it was rage at the boars, herself, or him. But there was rage there. So, with her sights set on the remaining boar, she used a basic attack on him, and was actually surprised when it hit. She watched as the status effects from her rapier showed up on the boars health, as well as it losing some of it health. There, hit the boar, and not the person who basically wanted to use you as a guard while he napped. That was a logical reaction, right?

@Yukiro

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

ID# 128135 | BD: 8 MD: 2
Yukiro: HP 200/200 (+5) | EN 18/20 (+1-1)

Boar 2

HP: 7/11 (-7) // DMG: 4 // Hate: vs Noctua 2 // vs Yukiro 0
Regen turn 2

Yukiro used one hand to make a downward slash into the boar's skull. The pig squealed and it's health bar dropped to zero. Yukiro looked up from the fallen pig and at Noctua. 
"That was a good hit you made there. It's not easy at first, I know," he said as the boar shattered.
It wasn't his usual process to let other fend for themselves. That's probably why he knew he'd committed a sort of offense against the girl before him. He deserved to be told off at this point.
Taking a small step back and sheathing his sword Yukiro gave a slight bow to Noctua. "My deepest apologies. I was wrong to do what I did, and I will not do it again."
He had to at least try to smooth things over. Though that might very well be his downfall.
"Though I do recommend a nap here. It's generally free of unwanted attention and quite comfy."

@Noctua

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Energy: 1

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Was he trying to make small talk now? Yeah, he came in and got the final kill on both of the boars. Cool. But he also just tried to nap while she dealt with them alone. What was going on in this world? But, the boar was gone, so she put her rapier back into it's sheath. All while staring at this guy, waiting for some kind of movement. Already, he was able to one shot the boars, so she wouldn't be hard to kill either probably. Woah, cool it Christelle, not everyone wants to murder people here.. Right those thoughts out of the mind now, she looked at him and listened to him. "Don't let me stop your nap. I can head back to town no problem." For someone who has been doing so well at not letting her sarcasm and sass out while here, it has finally managed to come out. Probably because of how angered she currently was at this entire situation. But, either way, she turned and looked back toward the town. Perhaps sticking with just Koga was the way to go.

@Yukiro

"Don't let me stop your nap. I can head back to town no problem." 
Ouch. Those words felt like they had slapped him across the face. He honestly had no idea what to do at this point. He'd already apologized. She already refused his offers for help earlier, and when she had come along for help fighting, he'd actually laid down for a nap. What was wrong with him? There was nothing he could do to fix his actions. All he could do was keep standing there, bowing. Could he escort her back to town? No, she definitely didn't want her around. 
This wasn't like him at all! What was wrong with him today? Everything he'd done was completely out of character! He hadn't been aware of his surroundings. He hadn't considered someone else's feelings. He'd even abandoned her to fight alone. He was truly at a complete loss.
"... I'm sorry," he said, a little more solemnly than before.

@Noctua

Spoiler

Level 1

HP20

Energy: 1

Skills

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

"... I'm sorry." She sighed lightly and turned around. She looked at him closely and nodded after a few moments. "Alright, but only because I can tell." She didn't like to hold grudges, and she probably never will. But his stunt almost made her want to hold a grudge. Of course, she probably wasn't going to let him live it down much, but that would be more for when she feels more comfortable around him. Because right now, she currently didn't feel comfortable enough to be in a joking or teasing mood. But, she looked around then at his normal napping spot. "Why nap where monsters can find you?" She looked at him, curious about the answer that she might get. She did try to make her voice sound soft, like it used to be, but caution was bound to still be there.

@Yukiro

Yukiro listened closely for what would happen. He heard Noctua stop and turn around. The tension was so great that it forced Yukiro to hold his breath.
"Alright, but only because I can tell." 
Exhaling, Yukiro felt the tension drain out of him. "Thank you," was all he could manage before straightening himself. 

"Why nap where monsters can find you?" Noctua asked. Yeah, he should have seen this coming. 
Well, he couldn't lie to her at this point.
Clearing his throat he explained, 
"Well, ah... You see..." he glanced away, a little red, "My only other option is to sleep on a bench. And it's comfy here. More than the bench is, at least."
This is it. My dignity is gone. Every lest shred has been burned to ashes that were washed away in the sea.
"Besides, the spawn rate over here is very low. And even if they did spawn I'd have enough time to wake up before they could really hurt me." 
He'd learned to wake up almost immediately because of his nearly military-style life.

@Noctua