[F01 - PP] Strange Relations <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

"Hey, Yukiro," NIGHT called out, holding the item up for him to see. "Is this what we needed?" 
The item was small, so he couldn't see it from where he was. So he walked over to NIGHT, sheathing his sword on the way. Once he got closer he tapped the item in NIGHT's hand, letting a window of information pop up. The item was called Nepent's Ovule
"Yeah, this is the right thing. But... are you sure you wanna be holding that? Seeing as what it is and all..." 
NIGHT was very squeamish around these things... Maybe it would be better that she just never found out what the object she had in he hand was. 
"Anyway, we should head back. I still need to try some of those pancakes you never gave me," he looked over his shoulder and grinned, "And after I sacrificed my omelet to you." 
Yukiro started to walk slowly away. With any luck he'd actually get her to join him at the cafe. Not that he could expect her to. 

@NIGHT

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new interface window? Now that was information NIGHT truly loved learning about. She attempted to replicate Yukiro's actions, but after a few tries, remembered she had to adjust for her changed controls.

"Yeah, this is the right thing," her team mate mentioned, upon further examination. "But... are you sure you wanna be holding that thing? Seeing as what it is and all..."

"But it's so small," NIGHT wondered aloud. "What could it--"

<Nepent's Ovule>

-- Oh no.

Her reflexes immediately led her to insert the-- plant... yup-- into her inventory. She quickly shot up, dusting off her gloves, pretending that nothing had happened.

"Anyway, we should head back," Yukiro added, beginning to walk away. "I still need to try some of those pancakes you never gave me," he gave NIGHT a look over his shoulder, grinning, "And after I sacrificed my omelet to you."

-- Oh no, the leftovers.

"Y-yeah! Sure, I'll join you for that," NIGHT responded, following along and trying to cover up her anxiousness. "After all the adventuring, I am pretty hungry!"

While Yukiro wasn't looking, NIGHT quickly summoned up her menu and deleted the remains of the leftovers in her inventory. No one should have to see that.

@Yukiro

"Y-yeah! Sure, I'll join you for that. After all the adventuring, I am pretty hungry!" 
Yukiro grinned and kept walking. All he had to do now was finish this quest and they could go have dinner together!
... The other party had better not interrupt. Disappointment would be very disappointing right now. 
Quickly leading NIGHT through the forest, Yukiro failed to look for low hanging branches. And, being 6'7"...

Thwack!

Yukiro curled up, holding the part of his forehead that had just been assaulted by a tree. It was such a stupid thing to have happen at such a good moment that it was almost comical.
It probably was for NIGHT. It was not for Yukiro. 
"... Ow," he said quietly before standing up and continuing onward. 
"S-so," he started, "What are your plans for the rest of the day?" 
He realized that that could be taken the wrong way very easily, and quickly added, "I-If I may ask, of course."
Great recovery, Yukiro. Keep it up.

@NIGHT

THWACK!

".. Ow..."

"Oh--!" NIGHT glanced up at the rustling leaves, before looking up at Yukiro, who was holding his forehead. Holding in a giggle, she asked, "A-are you alright?" He stood up as she asked, though, and continued walking forward. "I guess your height's also a detriment sometimes, huh?"

"S-so," he began, seemingly trying to change the subject. "What are your plans for the rest of the day?"

"My plans...?" NIGHT tilted her head. She actually hadn't thought about the rest of her day yet. With large gatherings, she'd expected to head out to get a meal with them as per usual, but if it's just two people, they could both decide.

"I-If I may ask, of course."

"You can," she replied, "but I really don't have anything set up after this. But I'm guessing we're both hungry, so maybe we could get some food together? If you're up for it."

@Yukiro

"You can, but I really don't have anything set up after this. But I'm guessing we're both hungry, so maybe we could get some food together? If you're up for it." 
Yukiro smiled. He didn't even try to hide it this time. "Sure, I'd love to. But may the record show," he said, turning back to the trail, "You asked me this time." 
Disregard the fact that he asked her earlier. She asked him just now, focus on that. 
They walked for a while longer before they finally returned to the quest NPCs. Yukiro announced their success and NIGHT gave them the item (more accurately, she summoned the item and then slapped it over to them. She must have realized what it was). The NPCs thanked them and gave each... nothing. It was a letdown, but at least there was extra exp
Once they were done, the pair left the forest (at NIGHT's almost running pace) and went back to town for some food. 

NET REWARDS

Spoiler

NIGHT:
-4 SP
-400 col

Yukiro:
-4 SP
-400 col