[F01-PP] <<Earning a Living>> New Alchemist in Town

Joanne smiled and leaned against her brother as he encouraged her. She looked up at him. She knew she was lucky to have a sibling this supportive. Though it hadn't always been like this. When James moved to London, Joanne wouldn't talk to him for months. He had left suddenly with barely any notice until a week before he moved away. But after a while, her frustration and anger subsided, and she apologized, asking James to come visit. And James did come back one day to see his family, but that was the day that all of this happened, when she had become trapped in the game. 

However, her brother's decision to join her in game had brought them closer together in some way. They had to depend on each other now to survive. Odd how the danger of death could bring people together. 

She followed James as he led the way to another spawning area. After a few minutes of walking, a buck jumped out in front of the pair, blocking their way. It flared its nostrils and kicked up its front legs, challenging them to battle. "Alright, seems like the mob came to us this time. Stand back, brother, and I'll take care of this." 

Joanne breathed in deeply and took out her blade, the weapon glowing with a blue light. She dashed forwards, slashing and striking the beast three separate times. In retaliation, the large buck lowered its head and quickly struck her with the tips of its antlers. However, Joanne had been prepared. She had her shield raised as the antlers of the buck struck against her. She was beaten back a little by the impact, but ultimately the shield protected her. She drew the shield down from around her face and looked up in time to see the thorn enchantment on her activate, sending green thorns at the enemy, bringing the beast down on its knees. Then, the enchantment from her sword activated, tearing open the wound on the large buck, not letting it heal. The buck let out a scream and died, bursting into pixels. 

Joanne sighed. "That was a painful death." She bowed her head. "I am sorry. May your spirit travel quickly." She said this out of habit more than out of respect for the AI process that had merely stopped and created another mob somewhere else. When her father took her hunting, he taught her as a little girl to always respect the animals that had given us their meat in order to live. It was another knightly teaching. 

She walked over slowly to check the loot bag from the beast that had spawned in the deceased mob's stead. There it was. A bag of materials and col. She picked it up and turned back to her brother, a large grin on her face. "I finally found the last material! Now we can head back to town." She quickly put the materials in her inventory and started back for town. 

Spoiler

snake bite vs. large buck
roll ID#: 129534
BD: 9 (+1 crit)

MD: 9 (+1 crit)

loot of large buck
Roll ID#: 129545
LD: 17
CD: 7

Joanne: 79 - + 10 -  (12 + 1 - 18 = 1) = 79/80 HP | 3 + 1 - 3 = 1/8 EN | 3 DMG | 9-10 BLD (1/2)| 18 MIT | 2 REGEN (10 TOTAL) (1/3) | 2 THORN (18 DMG total) 

vs. 

Large Buck: 40 - (3 + 1) * 3 - 12 BLD - 18 THRN = 0/40 HP | 12 DMG

loot of large buck:
1 T1 Rare Weapon [ID: 129545A]
1 T1 Uncommon Consumable [ID: 129545B]
120 col
2 + 2 T1 Materials = 4 T1 materials

5/5 Materials found!

Edited by Joanne
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James stood back as his sister fought the beast, impressed at how quickly she could take the animal down. "Good job, sister!" he called to her as the beast burst into crystals, the damage having been done by her blade. As she told him that she had finally found the last material, he smiled. "That's good to hear. Now we can head back to the shop and get those materials turned into potions." He followed her as she led the way back to town, walking by her side. "It's going to be great once you join me at my shop. We'll be able to be near each other like when I lived back home. It will feel like the good ol' times." He sighed happily, hands clasped behind his head. "You can have the small living area above your half of the shop while I'll take the other half. Both halves are divided by walls and doors, so feel free to have over anyone you like whenever you want." He wanted his sister to feel safe and have freedom, even if they were technically living together.

They soon approached the shop where his sister would learn how to craft a potion. "Ah, we've made it back. Good luck, sis." 

When her brother spoke of her living with him, she smiled as well. "Yes, I can't wait for you to finally be able to help with the housework," she joked. As kids, he was always running away and hiding, leaving her to do all the chores. Though, she didn't always enjoy having to do twice the work, she wouldn't be able to stay mad at her brother for long. She was also thankful that he was allowing her to stay with him. Until now, she had been staying in cheap tavern with horrible mattresses and thin walls. Not the most enjoyable experience. 

"Thank you, though. For allowing me to stay with you. It'll be good to be near each other in case something happens. Then we can always be there to help one another." She shot him a smile and they kept walking back towards town. 

Once she got to the shop of the master alchemist, she let her brother stay outside while she went in to make some potions. "Hello, Madam Calora," she said as she approached the older woman's workstation. 

"Ah, hello!" the kind woman responded. She immediately set to work teaching Joanne how to mix ingredients and how to process them in order to make a potion. After a couple minutes of teaching, Joanne was ready to craft. 

"Alright, here I go," she said as she mixed three of the ingredients with each other. Then she mixed the ingredients with a salve base, creating a salve that was a light pink color. The ingredients had given the salve a healing property. "I did it!" she cheered as she put the salve into a nice clear glass container. 

"Congratulations!" Evangeline Calora said. "Now you can open your own alchemist shop. Thank you for passing on the alchemist's legacy." 

"Thank you and you're welcome Madam Calora," Joanne responded, bowing slightly out of respect. "Have a good day," she said before she turned and headed out the door. 

Once outside, Joanne ran and hugged James, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I did it! I'm now officially an alchemist!" she said excitedly. "Now we can go set up shop together." She stepped back, releasing him from the warm hug. "But before we head home, you said you were gonna pay for our dinner. So let's go!" She led the way to an old English style restaurant. 

Spoiler

crafting T1 Salve
Roll ID#: 129546
CD:11
LD: 9

-1 T1 Material
Item Crafted: 

Name: Greater HP Recovery Potion
Your Profession: Alchemist
Your Rank: 1
Roll ID: 129546
Roll Result: CD: 11, LD: 9
Item Type: Salve
Tier: T1
Quality: Rare
Enhancements: 2 HP Recovery
Description: This is a more powerful version of the basic HP Recovery potion. It is light pink in color. 
Post Link: http://www.sao-rpg.com/topic/18360-f01-pp-new-alchemist-in-town/?do=findComment&amp;comment=587260

Edited by Joanne

James stumbled as his sister ran into and hugged him. He caught himself and wrapped his arms around her. "Congratulations, sis. I knew you could do it," he said while patting her on the back. When she pulled away from the hug and expressed her excitement about moving into shop together, he smiled, happy that she was happy. Then she brought up him paying for their dinner. "Oh yeah!" he said enthusiastically. "You lead the way." And she did. 

He already knew where she was taking him. It was to the only restaurant in town with the Old English type of food. It reminded her of home and the meals her mother made. They were always so nutritious and refreshing after a long day of working on the farm or studying. As they sat down at the restaurant at an open table near the fire, a waitress came up to them. He ordered a meat pie with vegetables and mashed potatoes as his sides. Then, he and Joanne spent the rest of the evening reminiscing over fond childhood memories. 

Quest Complete!

Quest Summary:
Joanne Earned: 
<<Alchemy Shop>>
560 col
12 T1 Materials
1 T1 Rare Weapon [ID: 129545A]
1 T1 Uncommon Consumable [ID: 129545B]
T1 Perfect 1H Straight Sword [ID: 129360]
T1 Rare Potion <<Greater Pheromone Potion>>
3 SP

James Earned: