Skills

>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword [DMG +1]

>> [Rank 1] Katana [DMG +3]

Equipment

>> Tier One Perfect Katana <<Jack's Kuiaratame>> [Burn // Blight // Cursed]

>> Vanity Black Longcoat [Light Armor]

Battle Ready Inventory

>> [50 HP] Healing Crystal (3)

Koga was waiting just outside of Delilah, Floor Three's settlement.  When the man had heard that he could get an uncommon piece of armor, of his choice, with his choice of enhancement, well, he'd hadn't wasted a second thought on it. It was a slightly higher level quest than Koga was equipped to handle, so he figured he'd message Yukiro, who was a more than well-equipped to handle the quest...in fact, Yuki could probably solo it, if he needed to at least. The message had included a quick request for assistance and a set of coordinates for Yuki to come to, should he see fit to give Koga a hand.

Koga actually felt kinda bad for going to Yukiro so often for help. The first time had been by complete happenstance, but even still, Yukiro had gone above and beyond, so far as saving the man's life. Koga owed him, and he was about to owe him again.

@Yukiro

To: Yukiro

Hey, how's it hanging? I needed some help picking up this jacket, and figured you were just the man for the job. Meet me at the attached coordinates later today. See you there!

"..."
"What..?"

[Later That Day]

Yukiro walked off of the teleport platform and into the village Delilah. If Koga was indeed waiting in the place he had indicated he would be just outside of town. Yukiro used a brisk walking pace to transport him. The cobblestone walls and dirt paths created a very comfortable atmosphere. 
It was about time that he let the kidnapping incident go. Even if he'd been a criminal at best, Koga had the best intentions at heart. Or, at least, so Yukiro hoped. 
Yukiro scratched his now-white head. Maybe he hadn't thought this through enough.
Yukiro exited the town and looked around until he saw Koga, who was leaning back on a tall tree. Yukiro approached him.
"Yo. You need help with... a coat?"

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro

Koga

Spoiler

Level 2

HP: 40

Energy: 4

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword [DMG +1]

>> [Rank 1] Katana [DMG +3]

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Koga smiled and waved at Yukiro when he spotted him moving towards him, "Hey man, I appreciate you comin'. I actually wasn't sure that you'd show up."

"Yo. You need help with... a coat?"

"Yup," Koga responded with a nod, "I'm still running the starter armor, and Noctua and I have been fighting tougher and tougher monsters lately. Someone between us has to eat damage so...better armor it is, at least until I upgrade my Light Armor skill." The pair were progressing in good time,  but they still needed the gear to help them out. All the HP and skills in the world wouldn't help them if they couldn't deal any damage or have the weapons to do that. "I can help you with some other quest in return," Koga offered, "Or buy you dinner again...I promise I won't tie you down or anything, cross my heart, hope to die."

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Yukiro

LEVEL 10
200 HP | 20 EN | 7 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 EVA | 1 REG | 1 BURN | 1 BLIGHT | 1 FREEZE

Skills:
2H Straight Sword - Rk 3

Equipped:

• "Jack's Purgatory" - 2H Straight Sword (T1 Perfect) Cursed - This item automatically adjusts its Tier to the player it's equipped to | Burn - Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 12 unmitigated burn damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. Burn damage does not stack, but can be refreshed. [Must hit to activate the status condition.] | Blight - Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 deal 12 unmitigated blight damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. Blight damage does not stack, but can be refreshed. [Must hit to activate the status condition.] | Freeze - Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 remove the enemy’s action on their next turn. Frozen opponents lose any evasion properties. Striking a frozen enemy before the effect ends will end Freeze and deal an extra 12 unmitigatable damage. [Must hit to activate the status condition.]
  • "Nightmare Overcoat" - Light Armor (T1 - Perfect) MIT x2 Prevent 18 damage from successful attacks against you | REG x1 After taking damage, gain Regen at the beginning of your next turn. Heal (5 per slot * Tier) every turn for three rounds. Damage over time effects (Bleed, Poison) will not trigger Regen. Does not stack with Battle Healing. Taking damage while Regen is active will refresh it to its full duration.
  • "Ravenfeather Treads" - Light Armor (T1 - Perfect) EVA x3 Reduces the die value by 3 on an enemy’s attack against you. Cannot be used to avoid a critical hit.
  • "Amber Clover Pendant" - Vanity

Items:
"Cloak of Twisted Worlds" - Light Armor (T1 -  Rare) EVA x2 
"Leggings of Shattered Torment" - Light Armor (T1 - Rare) 18 MIT 
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP) x3
T1 Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP) x5
T1 Damage Potion. (+1 Damage) x1
T1 Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP) x1
T1 Safeguard Potion (can only be used in the quest 'The Third lesson, Is Just as Free'. Safeguard blocks the damage from the first successful attacks that hits the player) x1

"I'm still running the starter armor, and Noctua and I have been fighting tougher and tougher monsters lately. Someone between us has to eat damage so...better armor it is, at least until I upgrade my Light Armor skill."
Yukiro nodded as he listened to Koga's explanation. It was certanly important to have good armor, and if it would help Koga AND Noctua survive, he was obligated to help out at least a little bit. 
"Yeah, alright. I'll give you all the help I can," he offered, lightly pounding his chest with his fist.
"
I can help you with some other quest in return," Koga offered, "Or buy you dinner again...I promise I won't tie you down or anything, cross my heart, hope to die."
Uhm..." he thought, not wanting to risk capture again, "I'll get you to help me out with some quests later on, alright?"
"Anyways," 
he changed the topic, "What do we do now? I haven't heard of this quest."

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro

Koga

Spoiler

Level 2

HP: 40/40

Energy: 4/4

DMG: 4 // EVA: 0 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 0

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword

>> [Rank 1] Katana

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

"Yeah, alright. I'll give you all the help I can," Yukiro agreed, giving Koga a light punch in the chest before accepting his offer of help on another quest instead of food. Koga couldn't imagine why Yukiro would say no to free food.

"Thanks man, really. You've done a lot for Noct and I, and we really appreciate it," Koga said in thanks before briefing Yukiro quickly, "So, here's the run down. There's this NPC Mastersmith named Griswold who will craft players any kind of uncommon armor they want, as long as they bring him the materials. Thing is, the materials are held by a Dark Elf out in the Forest of Wavering Mists. I checked in with an info broker, and they say it's a level three mob. In theory, I could handle this on my own, but I don't wanna take any chances. I'm pretty sure you could just one shot the poor guy. Easy enough right?"

@Yukiro

Edited by Koga

"Thing is, the materials are held by a Dark Elf out in the Forest of Wavering Mists. I checked in with an info broker, and they say it's a level three mob. In theory, I could handle this on my own, but I don't wanna take any chances. I'm pretty sure you could just one shot the poor guy. Easy enough right?"
Yukiro mulled over the information. He was fairly certain that he could take out most enemies on this floor himself, that much Koga was right on. And it would get him (Koga) the armor he needed to keep both him and Noctua safe. 
"Certainly. I'll help you take care of this. I'll be sure to get you to pay me back one day. When we're both strong enough to get me what I need. So for now," he said, turning into the forest, "Let's get you what you need."
He had taken a few steps already when he realized he had no idea where he was going. Turning and walking back, he asked Koga, "Uhm... Which way is the quest?"

@Koga

Koga

Spoiler

Level 2

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword

>> [Rank 1] Katana

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Koga smiled at Yukiro's confirmation that he would be helping out and was more than happy to help with whatever Yukiro needed. For now though, they needed to head out towards the Forest. Aaaaand, Yukiro was going the wrong way..."Uhm... Which way is the quest?" Koga pointed over his shoulder in the exact opposite direction from where Yukiro had been walking. Should Koga say something about that? Probably not.

Now that the pair were on the right path, Koga figured he might as well talk with Yukiro and find out more about this other errand, "So, what's this other...thing? you want to go get?" Koga actually had no clue what Yukiro might want to go get. The man had some pretty good gear and stats, so he wasn't quite sure what was left? At least, until they go to higher floors. Whatever it was that Yukiro wanted to grab must be pretty powerful.

@Yukiro

Edited by Koga

Koga pointed over his shoulder in the exact opposite direction from where Yukiro had been walking. Yukiro awkwardly began to follow him in the right direction. That's what he gets for not learning more about the quest beforehand. 
"So, what's this other...thing? you want to go get?" Koga asked, probably trying to make conversation. 
Yukiro was hesitant to share the information, but he knew he'd have to tell him eventually anyway. "I learned about a quest from which you can get a certain item. It let's you upgrade your equipment. For example, you could make an uncommon weapon a rare. I can manage to get myself perfect equipment, but once I get to a certain level I'll have to abandon my current equipment. So I'll wait to do the quest until I have something I'll be using for longer," he explained. It was a lot of detail, but it gave all the information on the item and the reasons he wanted to do the quest. "The other thing it that the quest is much higher level than we can handle. So it'll be a while before we can attempt it anyway."

@Koga

Koga

Spoiler

Level 2

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword

>> [Rank 1] Katana

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Realization dawned on Koga as he listened to Yukiro's explanation of the item and quest. "Oh, you're talking about the Essence of Steel quest, right? I heard about that." Koga knew a few info brokers around who liked to pass information to him. In return, he usually gave them some Col, materials, or even the odd weapon or two. Information was power after all, and Koga was willing to sacrifice some weapons he wasn't going to use for that. "I was thinking of picking that one up myself once I got to a high enough level. Yeah, I'd be down to run that with you."

As the two had been walking, the trees had grown larger, denser. A light mist had soon settled in and grown into a thick fog. "Well," Koga said, "I think we're here...guess we better find that dark elf." Good job stating the obvious Koga. You're doin' great buddy.

@Yukiro

As the two had been walking, the trees had grown larger, denser. A light mist had soon settled in and grown into a thick fog. "Well, I think we're here...guess we better find that dark elf.
Yukiro walked deeper into the forest. "So what kind of armor are you thinking of? Light or heavy?" he asked, trying to figure out what sort of player he was, "I'd assume light because of your fighting style, but the assurance of damage mitigation is popular."
As he spoke he was wandering around, gauging where the mist was thickest. Eventually he figured out the general direction of the mist and started following it. True to his theory, and to his relief, Yukiro spotted the shack in the distance. 
"On a related note, I found the place. Go ahead and talk to them, I'll wait out here."
He lead Koga to the cottage and leaned against the outer side of the front wall. He closed his eyes and let his body rest. He might need the relaxation to prepare for what came next. Or maybe he'd just get some rest. Either way it was a win. 

@Koga

Koga

Spoiler

Level 2

Energy: 2/4 (4 -2)

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword

>> [Rank 1] Katana

Equipment

Battle Ready Inventory

Dark Elf

Spoiler

HP: 12/12 // DMG: 9

Spoiler

ID: 128274

BD: 4 >>Fail<<

"So what kind of armor are you thinking of? Light or heavy?" Yukiro asked, trying to judge what kind of player Koga was. ""I'd assume light because of your fighting style, but the assurance of damage mitigation is popular."

"You'd assume right," Koga told Yukiro, "I'm looking for some Evasion enhancements. Don't have to worry as much about MIT if I'm not getting hit. Of course, I'll invest into my Light Armor skill for the MIT."

Soon enough, Yukiro noticed a shack not too far away, obscured by the mist, "On a related note, I found the place. Go ahead and talk to them, I'll wait out here." Koga nodded and walked up to the ramshackle wooden bulding and took a deep breath. Hopefully nothing was gonna burst out a try to kill him. The man raised a closed fist and rapped on the door three times. At first, he couldn't hear anything. Eventually, the sound of running could be heard from inside...and it wasn't stopping! Koga's eyes grew wide for a moment before he jumped out of the way, the door exploding into thousands of splinters before disappearing into blue light. The Dark Elf dashed through, skidding to a stop only moments later with Koga hot on it's tail. Koga's katana glowed bright crimson, Han'ei ready to be unleashed. The man slashed at the Dark Elf, but the nimble enemy leaped over Koga's head and landed behind him.

@Yukiro

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Dark Elf: HP: 12/12 DMG: 9
ID# 128871 | BD: 1 MD: 5 (8-3)
Yukiro: HP 200/200 | EN: 20/20
Dark Elf: HP 12/12

Koga knocked on the door. It was barely a moment before Yukiro started to hear the sound of running from inside the building. 
Ah. I should have seen this coming. 
Yukiro put his hand on his sword, prepared to draw it. A Dark Elf burst through the door, skidding to a stop with Koga in close pursuit. Koga unleashed a sword skill, which the dark elf evaded by nimbly leaping over Koga's entire body. 
Dang. That's one heck of a vertical. Oh right, I need to help. 
Yukiro kicked off the building and joined the fight. He drew the elfs attention by feigning an attack, evading the foe's counter strike. 
"There. Don't miss this shot," he said to Koga. The elf seemingly hadn't realize his plan yet, so it was an opportune moment to strike. Plus, the elf had it's back turned to Koga, so it would be, in a sense, a surprise attack. So this elf would have to react really fast to dodge. 
No pressure Koga. 

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro

In Combat

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 40 // Energy: 1/4 (2 +1 -2) // DMG: 4 // EVA: 0 // ACC: 0 // MIT: 0 // BURN: 12 //  BLIGHT: 12

Dark Elf: HP: 2/12 (12 -10) // DMG: 9 // Hate: vs Koga: 2 (0 +2) // vs Yukiro: 0

[BURN 2/2] [Blight 2/2]

ID: 128914

Sword Art: Han'ei [x2]

BD: 9 >>Crit +1<<

DMG: 5 x2 -0 = 10

Koga's eyes followed the elf's movements as it soared over his head and landed behind him. The Elf raised it's weapon, intent on cleaving Koga's head from his shoulders, but Yukiro moved in before it could. The sound of boots pushing off of a building drew the Elf and Koga's gaze. They saw Yukiro rocketing through the air towards them, and Koga felt the wind as he past him. The Elf brought it's sword up to defend against an attack that never came before turning around to attack Yukiro behind him. "There. Don't miss this shot," Yukiro told Koga.

With the Elf's back turned, he couldn't see Koga channeling his Han'ei behind him. The blade glowed crimson as Koga lifted the weapon above his head. The blade ignited with a black flame as Koga brought it down a carved through the Elf's back, once, twice. The Elf's health bar went red, and the Burn and Blight icons appeared next to it. That was it.

Koga sheathed his katana, even as the Elf turned around to attack him this time. Sorry bud..you just didn't have the time.

@Yukiro

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

ID# 129005 | MD: 2 (miss)
Dark Elf: HP: 12/12 DMG: 9
Yukiro: HP 200/200 | EN: 19/20 (+1)
Dark Elf: HP 0/12 (-24)

Even through the elf Yukiro could feel Koga's charging sword art. He took a hop away from the elf just as a dark, flaming sword sliced through the dark elf's body, leaving long red lines across it's body. The dark elf's health bar dropped into the red, and Yukiro sheathed his sword as the icons for Burn and Blight appeared next to it. 
Yukiro watched the dark elf raise his sword with the intention of attacking Koga, only to shatter before it got the chance. Burn and blight had drained it's health to zero. 
A small window appeared in front of Koga.
"Well, that was certainly unexpected," Yukiro said lightly, "But I feel like we found your quest. Shall we examine the cottage or find the blacksmith?" As he spoke he turned back towards the dark cottage. It looked empty, but he might be wrong. After all, there had been a robber of some sort, so there had be be something there. 

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro

Combat Ends

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 40 // Energy: 2/4 (1 +1) // DMG: 4 // EVA: 0 // ACC: 0 // MIT: 0 // BURN: 12 //  BLIGHT: 12

Loot Roll

ID: 129121

LD: 2

CD: 2

Obtained This Thread

>> 84 Col

>> <<Quest Material>> (1)

Even as the Dark Elf raised it weapon to attack Koga, the man didn't move a muscle. The damage over time effects kicked in and poof! The Dark Elf disintegrated into a cloud of blue.

"Well, that was certainly unexpected, but I feel like we found your quest. Shall we examine the cottage or find the blacksmith?" Yukiro said from behind the glowing curtain as a loot drop prompt appeared in front of Koga. Pretty much just Col, but, he did have that quest material he needed!

"Unexpected is right. That Elf nearly gave me a heart attack when it ran through that door. Didn't think it'd be that easy to kill either if I'm going to be honest. Sorry for dragging you all the way out here for nothing." Koga apologized before looking at the now doorless cabin, "Yeah, why don't we go look inside. Never know what we may find."

The pair started to walk towards the old wooden building. Now that Koga started to think about it, why the hell was it all the way out here to begin with? Peering around the busted door frame, Koga saw only darkness, aside from the little dappled light that streamed in through the portal. The curtains were drawn shut, making it difficult for the man to see. "Five Col says something jumps out and tries to kill us," Koga deadpanned to his friend.

@Yukiro

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Troll: HP 40 Dmg 10

Yukiro: HP 200/200 | EN: 20/20 (+1)

"Unexpected is right. That Elf nearly gave me a heart attack when it ran through that door. Didn't think it'd be that easy to kill either if I'm going to be honest. Sorry for dragging you all the way out here for nothing. Yeah, why don't we go look inside. Never know what we may find."
Yukiro nodded, following Koga toward the cabin. The shack was so run down it looked like it might collapse at any moment. Whatever lived here was probably hoarding something. Which reasoned to say that it was also hostile. 
What a pain. 
"Five Col says something jumps out and tries to kill us," Koga challenged. 
"Done." 
Almost within the moment Yukiro accepted a large troll-looking thing started to slowly cram itself through the cabin's door. Or, more accurately, it was breaking through the front wall. It was wearing only basic leather coverings and held a huge club of some sort. It looked like a branch had been roughly fashioned into a club. A big branch. 
Yukiro transferred five col to Koga. 

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro

In Combat

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 40 // Energy: 1/4 (2 +1 -2) // DMG: 4 // EVA: 0 // ACC: 0 // MIT: 0 // BURN: 12 //  BLIGHT: 12

Troll: HP: 40 // DMG: 10

ID: 129918

BD: 2 >>Fail<<

"Done," Yukiro said, accepting Koga's bet.

No sooner had Yukiro accepted Koga's bet did a large troll appear, slowly lumbering towards the door.

Ding!

Yukiro has sent you <<5 Col>>!

Koga slowly backed up, drawing his sword as the Troll walked...well, through the door was both completely accurate and inaccurate. The wood creaked and splintered before dissolving into blue fragments and disappearing. The Troll let out a loud roar, swinging it's club over it's head.

Wonderful...

Kuiaratame glowed crimson as Koga channeled a Han'ei attack. He charged forward, and swung his blade. Only the clang of metal on wood echoed in Koga's ears, the Troll had blocked his attack! Koga swore, bounding back. Well that was not a good sign...Koga eyed the Troll up and down, damn that was one ugly beast...and that club looked like it hurt. If Koga wanted to live through this, he was gonna have to avoid getting hit by that thing.

@Yukiro

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Troll: HP 40 Dmg 10
ID# 129199 | BD: 2 MD: 10
Yukiro: HP 199/200 (10+2=12-18= 1 DMG) | EN: 19/20 (-2+1)
Troll: HP 40/40 (Hate: Koga 0//Yukiro 0)
Regen starts next turn

Yukiro watched Koga as he activated a sword art. Kuiaratame began to glow a crimson red as Koga charged forward and swung his blade. The Troll, however, had enough skill to block Koga's blow, causing a resonating CLANG! Koga jumped back; Yukiro's turn. He started a sword art-- not a massively powerful one, just enough to feel out how powerful this thing was. But just before he could start his lung the troll raised it's club. 
Crap!! 
Yukiro broke out of his sword art and lunged between Koga and the Troll's branch, bracing the tip of his blade against his off hand to help absorb the shock of the attack. While he did manage to stop the blow dead, his hand was cut by his sword's blade. 
Tch. I'm still too weak. 
Yukiro whipped his sword to the side, throwing the club away. "Oi. Still alive?" 

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro

In Combat

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 40 // Energy: 2/4 (1 +1 -2) // DMG: 4 // EVA: 0 // ACC: 0 // MIT: 0 // BURN: 12 //  BLIGHT: 12

Troll: HP: 28/40 (40 -12) // DMG: 10

[Burn 2/2] [Blight 2/2]

ID: 129203

BD: 10 >>Crit +2<<

DMG: 6 x2 = 12

As Koga slid backwards, Yukiro was already charging his attack. The blue blade lanced forward, only to be interrupted. The Troll swung at Yukiro, and the man broke his sword art to block the attack. He pushed away the Troll's club before shouting to Koga, "Oi. Still alive?"

"Ready to rock and roll bud," Koga called back before beginning to rush in his blade glowing red as Koga charged another Han'ei. The Troll swung again but Koga saw it coming this time. The man leapt into the air, landing on top of the club. The man 'rode' the weapon until it was about head height with the troll before leaping off. The man embedded the weapon into the Troll's chest and used both his momentum and gravity to carve a deep channel into the creature. As Koga approached the ground, he pulled the weapon from the Troll's chest and landed. "Your turn, Yuki!"

@Yukiro

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Troll: HP 40 Dmg 10
ID# 129207 | BD: 8 MD: 9
Yukiro: HP 200/200 (+5) | EN: 19/20 (+1-1)
Troll: HP 0/40 (-24 BRN/BLT | -7) (Hate: Koga 2//Yukiro 1)
Regen turn 1

"Ready to rock and roll bud," Koga told Yukiro, who sighed a breath of relief. Letting Koga run past him, Yukiro watched the man jump from the ground and onto the Troll's swinging weapon, waiting before he was level with the mob's face before jumping off and unleashing a sword art. He embedded his katana into the Troll's chest and sliced a deep and deadly wound into the mob's chest.
"Your turn, Yuki!" Koga yelled at Yukiro. He noticed the icons for burn and blight appear near the giant's health bar. If Yukiro killed it immediately Koga would be unable to loot it. Yukiro stepped forward, appearing next to the troll's flank. He cleaved through it's body with a single one-handed slash. The monster's HP bar dropped slowly until it reached zero and the monster was killed in a burst of fragments. 
Yukiro turned to look at Koga. He seemed happy with the results of the fight. 
"Good job," Yukiro said simply. 
The two walked through the woods for a while longer before stumbling upon a different cabin. This one, however, was in good shape and clearly had a craftsman living there, evedent from the forging tools and scrap metal laying around. 

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro