[F01-PP] Before the Ceremony

Symphony sat in the seat of a small cafe on the first floor. She was wearing a black sweater and jeans with black combat boots. Her hands were cupped around a warm cup of tea, the steam rising up and warming her cheeks. She bit her lip as she sent a message to her fiance, Prometheus. 

Hello My Love,

Would you mind meeting me at Le Petit Cafe on the first floor? There is something I want to discuss with you before our wedding day. 

-Love, Symphony

She hit send and keep chewing on the inside of her cheeks nervously. I hope he won't be mad that I've kept this from him the whole timeshe thought, her thoughts running wild in a sea of anxiety. What she wanted to tell -- no, what she NEEDED to tell him may affect their future life together. For better or for worse, she didn't know. And that scared her. She sighed. I just hope he understands. 

@Prometheus

Prometheus was out in the town, passing time, watching the losers of this game waste their time in the Town of Beginnings. He wasn’t so different from them right now, because he was just wasting time himself. He had a cigar in his mouth, staring at the nerds withering away, losing grip of reality. His smile grows as he realizes the people who take action and race to the frontlines aren’t any better. Katsuki had been in fight after fight, losing and winning, and eventually he had learned it’s nothing like the tv shows. There’s no such thing as a heroic battle, or a glorious death. It’s all just assholes punching eachother til one of them stops.

That’s why Katsuki took to this hobby of his like a fat kid to chocolate.

A ping interrupts his show before he takes one final puff and throws his cigar. His beloved had messaged him so he didn’t mind. As he stood up, his display scanned the area. Step by step he makes his way over to where she had asked him to meet her.

He carries himself into the tavern and walks over to the love of his life. He walks up to her and leans down and plants a kiss on her forehead.

“So, what’d you wanna talk about?”

Symphony smiled as she he kissed her head. She sighed. "How is it, that even just one kiss from you can make me feel so much better?" She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. Then she straightened herself in her chair, her hands clasped around the tea cup. This was the moment. She took a deep breath in. 

"Katsuki, there's something I've been keeping from you." She looked deep into his eyes as she spoke. "There are some things you don't know about me. Like how I got into this game and who I used to..." She paused and looked away, sighing. "Who I used to be with," she continued. "When, I first joined the game, I had been dating a very bad man..." She went on over the next half hour explaining what that man had done to her before and as soon as the game started. 

After she finished explaining, she took a moment to let Katsuki absorb it all. "This may all be overwhelming, but there's one last thing I have to do before our wedding day." She clasped his hands in hers. "I need to kill this man." She stayed silent for a few moments, her eyes flitting back and forth between his, trying to tell what he was thinking. Her voice grew quiet as she relaxed, her hands still holding his. "He took many things away from me, my love. My freedom, my sense of safety... I had promised since I escaped from him that I would not let him live out his days in peace. And I intend to keep that promise." After this last sentence, she stayed quiet, waiting for his response. 

@Prometheus

Katsuki listened as the story got worse and worse. This man had come in and hurt the one thing that made this entire fiasco worth the trouble. His hands turned to fists as they pulled away from hers. In his mind, he had shifted from the caring and loving Fiancé to a man in the fit of rage his adoptive father used to fly into. His hands slammed on the table, he pushed himself up and his chair flew across the ground, tipping over and falling at the end of its travels. He felt all the eyes on him, and he knew this feeling from his days as a rebel without a cause.

”Do you know where he is?” He was fuming, but his words were still gentle for he was talking to his future wife. She had done nothing wrong so he still felt nothing but love towards her. She was his angel.

He didn’t want her to make a mistake, he didn’t want her to taint her wings. Blood makes your wings to heavy to fly. His armor clad feet carried him across the room and to the door, as he reached for the handle and shoved it open with immense force. He would take care of this [censored] stain for her, so she wouldn’t have to see the man die, or even worse have to live knowing she had taken a life.

Symphony couldn't help but jump with surprise as she saw her love stand up and launch the chair across the room. Her eyes were filled only with concern as she chased after him, trying to reach him before he left the town. "Katsuki, stop!" she begging, pulling on his hand once they had reached the street, trying to hold him back. "Listen to me, my love!" she said as she raced around and stood in front of him, her eyes looking up into his. "You're not doing this alone, and besides you don't know where he is. I'm coming with you." For once, she used a stern tone with him, her expression serious. 

Then she sighed, everything hitting her all at once. She sighed and buried her head in his chest. "Just promise me that once this is all over," she said quietly, her voice muffled by the fabric of his shirt. "Promise me that we'll start a new life with no worries or regrets." A small sniffle escaped from where she had stuffed her face into his chest. "I love you, and I want us to be able to live a carefree life without anyone standing in our way." She raised her head back up, looking up at him once more. "And there's no way that you can make me stay here while you do all the dangerous work," she said, a sad smile across her lips. 

@Prometheus

Her begging and pleading go unnoticed until her hand wraps around his arm. Am I losing it? Why am I trying to muscle my way through everything alone? He turned, and her head planted itself in his chest. Warmth overtook his body as he enveloped her in his arms. “I want that life too.” He can’t help but imagine a home with her, but he knew he had to deal with their problem first. He leans in and plants a tender kiss on her lips. “Just take me to where he is.” He says, pulling back away and looking into her eyes.

”I need your help on this, but you shouldn’t be the one to kill him.” He turns around and starts walking, still holding her hand as he’s walking. It was weird, he felt like he belonged in a romance flick about two people who didn’t belong together. To the outside world, it was funny. They were a couple on their way to kill a man in revenge. It was like a dream for the man.

Symphony couldn't help but blush and close her eyes, leaning into the kiss. It ended too quickly when he pulled away. She placed her hand on his cheek and smiled. "Thank you, my love, for working together with me on this." She squeezed his hand in hers as they walked. She led him up to the third floor where the bandits had relocated after Symphony had escaped, afraid that the town's guard would come to get them. 

Her eyes turned serious the closer they got to the cave where he and his team was stationed. Her tone was suddenly serious as she spoke to Katsuki. "He was around level 6 or 7 when I last was captured by him. He should be around 8 or 9 now. He will have at least two bandits with him. You will handle the two bandits. He will want to face me himself." Her free hand clenched and a grimace spread across her face as she formed her next sentence. "There will be women inside guarded by bandits that will also need to be freed. Though I have a feeling that once their leader is killed, the lesser bandits will all flee."

She looked at her equipment and cursed herself. She knew she didn't have enough to take him on, but she couldn't go back now. 

She quickly equipped her blue light armor and dagger as they grew nearer. She had 2 beginner health potions in her quick inventory, ready to use if needed. 

Suddenly, Symphony heard noise up ahead, she ducked behind a few bushes to get a better look while staying hidden, dragging Katsuki along with her. Up ahead they spotted the bandit king (her ex lover and captor) and two bandits, just as she had predicted. Above her, her familiar Cloak had appeared as well, ready to fight by her side. As she glanced over the stats of the enemies in front of them, she was surprised to see that the bandit chief had barely leveled at all. 

Bandit Chief: 130 HP | 20 DMG | 5 MIT
Bandit 1: 100 HP | 15 DMG 
Bandit 2: 100 HP | 15 DMG

@Prometheus

Spoiler

Inventory: 

[T1 Uncommon Ring] Lucky [Equipped]
Enhancement: +1 ACC

[T1, Perfect] Dagger <<Stabby Stabby>> [Equipped]
              Enhancements: Damage, Damage, Paralyze

Base attack: 5

T1, Rare] Deep Royal Blue Light Armor <<The Performer>> [Equipped]

Enhancements: Mitigation (9), Regen (Effect: After taking damage, gain Regen at the beginning of your next turn. Heal (5 per slot * Tier) every turn for three rounds. Damage over time effects (Bleed, Poison) will not trigger Regen. Does not stack with Battle Healing. Taking damage while Regen is active will refresh it to its full duration.)

(2) Starter Healing Potions

Symphony: 300/300 HP | 30/30 EN | 7 DMG | +1 ACC | 14 MIT | PARALYZE | REGEN

As they made their way through the forest, she explained to him what was about to go down. Not long after she had brought up the other women, she pulled him into the bush and started staring at them. He drew his long black blade from off of his back. Standing high above the bushes he walked towards them with murderous intent flooding out from behind him. This walk would be enough to put someone on edge, but the two lackeys walked in front of their leader with such vigor you’d think it was their personal purpose to fight the tower of spikes and metal.

”So eager to die... what a shame, you could’ve been such great lackeys to me.” He smiled as he tried to bring the massive blade behind him down on the nearest bandit. He quickly moved out of the way and held himself back. It was a tactical decision Katsuki was sure, but Katsuki hated when people thought crap out. “Oh, so now you take your time? What losers. You guys take your job way too seriously.” He smiles as he stabs his sword into the ground and waits for a moment. “It’s just too bad, someone could benefit from your work ethic. I’m gonna have to rip it from this world though...” He begins to laugh as he pulls his blade from the dirt and holds it high above his head.

”AND I WILL RELISH IN THE SHOWER OF YOUR BLOOD!”

Spoiler

ID: 128166

BD: 1

Bandit Chief: 130 HP | 20 DMG | 5 MIT
Bandit 1: 100 HP | 15 DMG 
Bandit 2: 100 HP | 15 DMG

Prometheus: 160/160 HP | 14/16 EN | 5 DMG | 26 MIT | 9 THRN | 1 BLD

Symphony: 300/300 HP | 15/15 EN | 7 DMG | +1 ACC | 14 MIT | PARALYZE

Edited by Prometheus

Symphony couldn't help but smile, seeing her strong handsome fiance walking towards the bandits. She was confident that he would be able to handle himself. Meanwhile, she sighed and faced the new task at hand. Him. 

"Hello, darling!" she heard his voice shout to her. She looked straight ahead at him. 

"Hello, coward," she answered back, readying her blade. 

"Ah, so you finally came to get your revenge? I see you're prepared. Oh? And what is this? Did you bring your new boyfriend along?" The man laughed. 

Symphony grimaced and charged at him. "Shut your mouth!" she screamed as she brought her blade down upon him. However, he managed to dodge the move on time. Next, he counter-attacked, but she was prepared and dodge his attack as well. 

"Oh it seems we're nearly evenly matched," he said, grinning. 

I'll wipe that grin off your face soon enough, Symphony thought as she glanced over at Katsuki to see how he was doing. "Watch out!" she yelled to him as she saw the first bandit charge. 

@Prometheus

Bandit 1: 100 HP | 15 DMG <- attacking prometheus
Bandit 2: 100 HP | 15 DMG <- attack missed 

vs.

[H: 0 | 0 | 0] Prometheus: 160/160 HP | 14/16 EN | 5 DMG | 26 MIT | 9 THRN | 1 BLD

[H: 0 | 0 | 0] Symphony: 300/300 HP | 30 (-2 energy) = 28/30 EN | 7 DMG | +1 ACC | 14 MIT | PARALYZE

Spoiler

Fad edge vs. Bandit Chief
Roll ID#: 128167
BD: 4 + 1 = fail
MD: 5 fail

Bandit 1 attack:
Roll ID#: 128168
MD: 7 <- attacks Prometheus

Bandit 2 Attack: 
Roll ID#: 128169
MD: 5 fail

Spoiler

Sword arts

Rank 1

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.

Rank 2

• [x3] Tri Pierce (3 Energy) - Stab target three times, slashing diagonally to cause a triangle effect on each one
  • [x4] Fad Edge (4 Energy) - The user swiftly strikes the opponent with four thrusts in brisk succession.

The bandit he had attacked before was behind him, the other was in front. It was a common strategy when fighting 2 on 1. Most people had no idea how to beat a strategy like this, but Katsuki had been fighting his whole life. The player in front of him swung his sword at the man in his citadel of armor, but Katsuki’s blade caught the brunt of the force, however the person behind him had attacked at the same time. The tip of a sword was visible through Katsuki’s stomach, as he felt pain on either side of his body. Save for a minor push, he hadn’t moved though. His heavy sword pushed down the bandit in front of him as the one who had stabbed him in the back retrieved his sword and stepped back.

A red glow covered the usually black blade, and suddenly Katsuki’s swings became faster, as the first slash landed on target, he recoiled and followed the motion to slash again, watching the enemy’s health bar drop a little more. “You guys have no semblance of strategy whatsoever. I don’t even know how you got to such a level, and you’re not even a high level.” He pauses for a moment and looks over to his fiancée and who she was fighting. “Oh, now it makes sense.” He smiles under his helmet and turns to the two enemies nearest him. “He carried you... but the thing about being carried is...”

His massive blade rests on his shoulder as smoke continues to pour out of his eye holes on his armor. Every now and again, a bright orange cinder escapes with the smoke as it billows out. “When the need arises, you have no idea what to do on your own.”

Spoiler

15 - 26 = 1 DMG

160 - 1 = 159 HP

100 - 9(thorns) = 91 HP

ID: 128218

BD: 7 (hit)

5 x 2 = 10 DMG

91 - 10 = 81 HP

Bandit 1: 81 HP | 15 DMG

vs.

[H: 0 | 1 | 0] Prometheus: 159/160 HP | 13/16 EN | 5 DMG | 26 MIT | 9 THRN | 1 BLD

[H: 0 | 0 | 0] Symphony: 300/300 HP | 13/15 EN | 7 DMG | +1 ACC | 14 MIT | PARALYZE

Edited by Prometheus

Symphony glanced over just in time to see her love take a sword though the gut. Her eyes widened with fear, but then she realized that the game was like that. She looked back to her own opponent just in time to see him charging towards her, obvious as ever. Her expression turned serious as she dodged to the side and attempted to strike out at him, but he jumped away at the last moment and managed to dodge her blade. 

"Stand still so I can kill you," her tone serious and monotone. 

"Ha, like I would give the chance," the bandit chief grinned. "My little mockingbird." 

Her eyes grew wide, hatred seeping into them. "You will never call me that again!" she yelled as she charged towards him once more, chasing him around with her blade. But he kept dodging at the last second. It was growing ever more frustrating to her. She hoped that Katsuki was faring better in his struggle. 

Spoiler

fad edge vs. bandit chief
Roll ID#: 128257
BD: 1 
MD: 2 fail

bandit 1 attack
Roll ID#: 128258
MD: 7 <- attack Prometheus

bandit 2 attack
Roll ID#: 128259
MD: 6 <- attack Prometheus

Bandit 1: 81 HP | 15 DMG

vs.

[H: 0 | 1 | 0] Prometheus: 159/160 HP | 13/16 EN | 5 DMG | 26 MIT | 9 THRN | 1 BLD

[H: 0 | 0 | 0] Symphony: 300/300 HP | 28 + 1 - 2 = 27/30 EN | 7 DMG | +1 ACC | 14 MIT | PARALYZE

Katsuki wrapped his hands around his blade and he slashed down at the bandit who had just stabbed him, and after a few seconds, his slash came back up digging into the enemy’s body and leaving a large red slash mark up the torso. Katsuki laughed uproariously, watching his health drop even more.

Standing up, the bandit before him dashed across the field, keeping low and slashing out Katsuki’s knee, and the other slashed out the back of his other knee. Falling to a kneeling position, Katsuki cursed the pair. “You sons of [censored]. I’ll kill you both.” He says rather calmly, pushing himself off the ground and struggling to stand, Katsuki uses his sword as a sort of cane for a minute. “I can guarantee one thing, your deaths will be PAINFUL.” He pushes the sword forward standing up and placing the sword on his shoulder.

As he watches his love dance in a ballet of blades with his intended target. Anger fuels his will to stand up on his own.

Spoiler

15 - 26 = 1 DMG

15 - 26 = 1 DMG

100 - 9 = 91 HP (Bandit 2)

81 - 9 = 72 HP (Bandit 1)

ID: 128264

BD: 8 (hit)

5 x 2 = 10 DMG

72 - 10 = 62 HP

Bandit 1: 62 HP | 15 DMG
Bandit 2: 91 HP | 15 DMG 

vs.

[H: 0 | 2 | 0] Prometheus: 157/160 HP | 12/16 EN | 5 DMG | 26 MIT | 9 THRN | 1 BLD

[H: 0 | 0 | 0] Symphony: 300/300 HP | 13 + 1 - 2 = 12/15 EN | 7 DMG | +1 ACC | 14 MIT | PARALYZE

Edited by Prometheus

Symphony watched as her love went down kneeling. Oh no, please get back up. She let out a sigh of relief when he did. 

Then she turned her attention back to her opponent. With a yell of anger, she charged at him, bringing her blade down. He quickly blocked it with a sword, and for a few moments, it was a battle of strengths. As their blades clashed against he each other, he said, "Ah, once I kill your boyfriend, then I'll take you back as my own. Then we'll be a happily family again." 

Symphony pushed herself away from the man by forcing her blade against his, throwing him a few feet away as well. "Shut your mouth. We may be evenly matched in power right now, but I will be the one to kill you. I won't let you get a chance to attack him." She grimaced as she tried to think of a plan. I need this next attack to land so I can finally do some damage to him. Meanwhile, Cloak flew above her, watching the battle. 

@Prometheus

Spoiler

Roll ID#; 128284
BD: 2
MD: 3 

bandit 1 attack
Roll ID#: 128285
MD: 4 (fail)

bandit 2 attack
Roll ID#: 128287
MD: 1 (fail)

vs.

[H: 0 | 2 | 0] Prometheus: 157/160 HP | 12/16 EN | 5 DMG | 26 MIT | 9 THRN | 1 BLD

[H: 0 | 0 | 0] Symphony: 300/300 HP | 27 + 1 - 2 = 26/30 EN | 7 DMG | +1 ACC | 14 MIT | PARALYZE

His love yells in anger, running in and attacking. Shaking his head, he laughs as the two enemies close in on him. Their slashes weren’t timed perfectly and there was a noticeable gap between their strikes. He blocked the blade of the first attacker and used the momentum to quickly spin and cross the blade of the second attacker. “You guys aren’t even thinking before you attack. You have an advantage that you’re letting become the disadvantage.” He pushes the second attacker’s sword down and spins, dropping his blade down towards the bandit he had attacked so many times.

In a moment of what was probably pure adrenaline, the kid moves out of the way and stumbles a little. There was an opening, but Katsuki watched to see what was happening. She had pushed the leader down to the ground, and the two opponents he had were barely on their feet. It was apparent who today’s victors were going to be. “Come on, what are you two waiting for, just attack me already.”

Spoiler

ID: 128290

BD: 5 (miss)

vs.

[H: 0 | 2 | 0] Prometheus: 157/160 HP | 11/16 EN | 5 DMG | 26 MIT | 9 THRN | 1 BLD

[H: 0 | 0 | 0] Symphony: 300/300 HP | 12 + 1 - 2 = 11/15 EN | 7 DMG | +1 ACC | 14 MIT | PARALYZE

Edited by Prometheus

Symphony was glad that Katsuki was having better luck than her. However, she was growing more and more frustrated with each blow that her enemy parried or blocked. 

"Ah, sweetheart. It seems you can't even beat me now," the man teased. "But now it's my turn to take you down." A wide grin spread across his face as he charged towards her, sword coming down on top of her. She tried to dodge out of the way, but a gash opened in her side, the blade cutting through her armor and into her skin. She growled and attacked his back as his momentum kept taking him straight forward. She stabbed straight into his back four separate times, making him let out a cry of pain. 

"Ah, I see I've made the little kitty angry," he laughed. "But it'll take more than that to kill me."

"Then I'll slice you into as many little bits as I have to to take you down," Symphony challenged back. 

@Prometheus

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128291
BD: 6 (success)
MD: 7 <- Attacks Symphony

Symphony: 7 * 4 = 28 DMG

bandit 1 attack
Roll ID#: 128292
MD: 8 <- attacks Prometheus

bandit 2 attack
Roll ID#: 128293
MD: 1 fail

Bandit Chief: 130 - (28 - 5) = 107/130 HP | 20 DMG | 5 MIT

vs.

[H: 0 | 2 | 0] Prometheus: 157/160 HP | 11/16 EN | 5 DMG | 26 MIT | 9 THRN | 1 BLD

[H: 1 | 0 | 0] Symphony: 300 - (20 - 14) = 294/300 HP | 26 + 1 - 4 = 23/30 EN | 7 DMG | +1 ACC | 14 MIT | PARALYZE | REGEN (forgot to edit in previously. check original post of armor to confirm regen if needed)

His love had caught a blade, and rage took residence in his heart and resolve took its place in his soul. He turns towards the fight occurring not far from him, and he starts towards them slowly but surely. A blade makes its way through his side and locks itself in place. Oh yeah, I have my own battle. He turns around and slashes blindly at his opponent, missing by a mile but still hitting him with the dirt from the ground. It wasn’t difficult to use missing to your advantage, especially when you are this big.

”With every hit, you lose more health than damage you do to me. It’s a battle of attrition, I wouldn’t even have to hit back on either of you.” His blade spins in a tornado display of grandeur and skill. Slamming into the ground, dust covers them all. Maybe she will focus better if she can’t see me. He looks around for the pair and catches their silhouettes in the dust cloud. “If you guys wanna find me, look for the glowing eyes.” He smiles, making the fight fair once more.

His hands grip his hilt in anticipation and excitement. This fight was about to get super interesting.

Spoiler

15 - 26 = 1 DMG

157 - 1 = 156 HP

62 - 9 = 53 HP

ID: 128294

BD: 3

Bandit Chief: 130 - (28 - 5) = 107/130 HP | 20 DMG | 5 MIT
Bandit 1: 53 HP | 15 DMG

vs.

[H: 0 | 2 | 0] Prometheus: 156/160 HP | 10/16 EN | 5 DMG | 26 MIT | 9 THRN | 1 BLD

[H: 1 | 0 | 0] Symphony: 300 - (20 - 14) = 294/300 HP | 11 + 1 - 4 = 8/15 EN | 7 DMG | +1 ACC | 14 MIT | PARALYZE | REGEN

Edited by Prometheus

Dust acted as a screen between the two separate battles taking place. Symphony grew a bit nervous at not being able to see her other half, but she quickly focused on the battle at hand. She took a deep breath and focused all her attention on her blade. Her armor began to glow red, the regeneration enhancement beginning to work. The wound in her side healed immediately, leaving just a light scratch on the skin. 

"Come and get me love," the man across for her teased. This angered Symphony further. She charged, slashing four times into him and taking one hit in return. She grabbed her chest and jumped back to safety. As she moved her hands away, she saw a gash in her skin and armor. 

"You will never win this fight," she said, her voice firm. 

"I won the last one, didn't I?" he returned, grinning mischievously. 

"Look at my health and look at yours," she rebuked confidently. 

@Prometheus

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128311
BD: 8
7 * 4 = 28 - 5 = 23 DMG
MD: 8
20 - 14 = 6

bandit 1 attack
Roll ID#: 128313
MD: 4 fail

bandit 2 Attack
Roll ID#: 128314
MD: 6 <- attacks Prometheus

Bandit Chief: 107 - 23 = 84/130 HP | 20 DMG | 5 MIT
Bandit 1: 53 HP | 15 DMG

vs.

[H: 0 | 2 | 0] Prometheus: 156/160 HP | 10/16 EN | 5 DMG | 26 MIT | 9 THRN | 1 BLD

[H: 2 | 0 | 0] Symphony: 294 + 5 - 6 = 293/300 HP | 23 + 1 - 4 = 20/30 EN | 7 DMG | +1 ACC | 14 MIT | PARALYZE | REGEN (1/3)

With the cloud of dust separating the pair, he would finally be able to focus on the task at hand. His hand grips the blade he holds, rotating it over his shoulder and using the leverage to slash the same bandit again. His blade took a gnarly gash out of the enemy and then a follow up slash did the same. Katsuki was having a blast and it was showing. “Are neither of you gonna say anything? Or are you just items for character development?” He grips his blade and stabs it into the ground, leaning on it for dramatic effect.

Out of nowhere, the second bandit runs through the cloud and slashes Katsuki’s eye. A red line is drawn from his eye hole in his helmet to the back of his head. The pain wasn’t as bad as he thought, but for a moment he couldn’t see. How was he supposed to? His hand gripped his blade and he pulled it out to defend himself, adjusting his grip and standing in a proper stance getting ready for the continued assault on him.

Spoiler

15 - 26 = 1 DMG

156 - 1 = 155 HP

91 - 9 = 82 HP (Bandit 2)

ID: 128329

BD: 7

5 x 2 = 10 DMG

53 - 10 = 43 HP remaining

Bandit 1: 43 HP | 15 DMG
Bandit 2: 82 HP | 15 DMG 

vs.

[H: 0 | 3 | 0] Prometheus: 155/160 HP | 9/16 EN | 5 DMG | 26 MIT | 9 THRN | 1 BLD

[H: 2 | 0 | 0] Symphony: 294 + 5 - 6 = 293/300 HP | 8 + 1 - 4 = 5/15 EN | 7 DMG | +1 ACC | 14 MIT | PARALYZE | REGEN (1/3)

Edited by Prometheus

Symphony could hear the fighting of the other group next to her. She needed to finish things up so that she could go check on her love. Again, her armor glowed with a red aura as her health partially regenerated. She took a deep breath in, feeling her body relax as the pain flowed away from her injuries. 

"Ah, healing armor I see," the bandit chief commented. "So you really came prepared to kill me." He began to pace around her, smirking. "You're going to finally take a human life. You'll become like one of us." He gestured to himself and back over to the other fight. "We'll be even that way I suppose. Both tainted. Both of our souls bound for hell. Ooo, does that mean we'll get to dance the devil's dance one day?" He grinned. 

Symphony stayed silent, the thought of actually killing another person finally hitting her. But she tried not to let her expressions show. She knew that that would only give him more leverage against her. "Ha, you'll still be in the deepest pits of hell. You've done far worse than me, [censored name]. Now it's time for me to deliver you to your own judgement day." With these words, she dashed forward, launching another assault. 

They clashed their blades against each other for a few turns until the bandit chief quickly feinted and attacked into Symphony's gut. He slashed it open and she fell back, gripping at the gash. She managed to dash back to safety, the pain a new sting. She gritted her teeth. She wouldn't be going down that easily. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128354
BD: 4 + 1 = 5 (fail) -2 energy
MD: 6 success, attacks Symphony
DMG: 20 - 14 = 6 DMG

bandit 1 attack
Roll ID#: 128356
MD: 2

bandit 2 attack
Roll ID#: 128357
MD: 9 (+1 crit) <- 16 DMG towards Prometheus

@Prometheus

Bandit 1: 43 HP | 15 DMG

vs.

[H: 0 | 3 | 0] Prometheus: 155/160 HP | 9/16 EN | 5 DMG | 26 MIT | 9 THRN | 1 BLD

[H: 2 | 0 | 0] Symphony:  293 + 5 - 6 = 292/300 HP | 20 + 1 - 2 = 19/30 EN | 7 DMG | +1 ACC | 14 MIT | PARALYZE | REGEN (1/3)

• 2 weeks later...

As the dust settles, Katsuki looks over to his love and her quarrel. He couldn’t stand watching her fight him, he wanted to step in between them and comfort her. But this was her fight, and he was going to let her make her choice. He had to focus on the fight at hand. The bandits around him were watching, looking for any kink in his armor. He drew his blade and slashed at the bandit he had been fighting this whole time. His blade slams into the man’s shoulder and plants itself inside. Red pixels fell from the blade and body of the enemy before him. “Unfortunate isn’t it?” He smiles under his helmet.

From behind he hears the other bandit’s voice. “Yeah, it is.” His voice quite and weak, but his strike was far from. The blade caught the back of Katsuki’s knee and pulled his calf from his thigh. Katsuki falls to a kneeling position and stays for a moment. This was problematic. He had to make sure Symph didn’t see him in his moment of weakness. He had to keep fighting for her.

It was all he could do for her.

Spoiler

16 - 26 = 1 DMG

155 - 1 = 154 HP

ID: 129408

BD: 9 (BLD procs)

6 * 2 = 12 DMG

43 - 12 = 31 HP

Bandit 1: 31 HP | 15 DMG [Bleed 2/2]

vs.

[H: 0 | 3 | 0] Prometheus: 154/160 HP | 8/16 EN | 5 DMG | 26 MIT | 9 THRN | 1 BLD

[H: 2 | 0 | 0] Symphony:  293 + 5 - 6 = 292/300 HP | 5 + 1 - 2 = 4/15 EN | 7 DMG | +1 ACC | 14 MIT | PARALYZE | REGEN (1/3)

Edited by Prometheus