[PP-F10] The New Hope

I would not know how to tell you this, they say death is just a concept. But today someone died, even if I didn't know them I still feel sorry. However, I keep my promise to him, stay safe and keep fighting. I will do this for him, for his friends. Keeping memories up even if I don't have too. Floor 10, It is quite a nice place, but today it was turned into a murder scene. An Orange player, a player killer, by the name of Omniga, killed someone right in front of me. I was his official target but someone saved me to make sure I kept going, and yet he was the one that bites the dust. I was rescued by another player while Haz, the one who came back to help me died. As the player killer ran, I was just struck with dumb luck, I should have been dead but yet I didn't die. 

Walking back to the closes settlement with my new savior I was quiet, I didn't know what to say or how to say it. Something of this guy, this player killer stood out to me. Why target me, and not some other random person. He and Haz seemed to have a past, A Past I will have to find out at some point. But for now, I need to get back. The man who saved me Morgenstern asked me something and I looked up. "He well... his name is Omniga, and well he seemed to have a history already with killing. and... um... sorry Can I sit for a moment to take all of this in." I said to him before sitting on a bench and taking a breath as my spear disappeared on from my hand and looked at my hands like something was on them.

@Morgenstern

The blonde stood there, looking down a the orange haired player. He wasn't sure if she and Hazado had been close before, but they were definitely apart now. The death ahrdly fazed him, angered him a bit but with all the death he had personally seen, it was just a whisper. "He well... his name is Omniga, and well he seemed to have a history already with killing. and... um... sorry Can I sit for a moment to take all of this in." Pulling out a journal, he would quickly write the name of the player, the curretn date and time and a brief descirption of the ordeal. He would let Hestia know soon of what had happened. 

The man looked down at Azhoda and sighed. "Don't you think it was sitting that got you into this mess of the first place. I know what its like... to be too weak to protect your friends, what is important to you. Now its time to look within yourself, find that pain and use it as the fuel to light the path forward. I understand it is hard, but if you do nothing, than nothing will change the next time it happens. Time and time again, you will be the one left alone." He didn't want to hurt the girls feelings, but he had little pity for the woman after what he ahd been through. It was wrong to expect her to just move on, but she couldn't sulk like he did. 

@Azhoda

Looking up at Morgenstern I nodded, "Guess it did, still. Guess I thought too long of a plan. Before all this... Well, my goal was to find out what this system was running on, and how people did some of the stuff they do now." I said looking back at my hands as I made a fist, "I don't know pain much, guess what I feel now is a pain. It almost the same feeling I feel when one of my designs fails me and crashes down to the ground, killing off that model forever. But I see people cry when they are in pain, and well I don't really cry, I never did. It just gives me a reason to keep going." I said as my voice did not even shake or tremble at all, almost like I didn't care. 

I stood up and I looked at Morgenstern, He seemed so calm and relaxed for all about this. Well, you could say if you were a random stranger, that both of us acted quite calm to someone dying right in front of us. "My boss always said, If you work to gain something, and you fight to get something. And I can say I have been fighting my whole life. I can say a bit of money did help me, but money is just a tool for people to like you, and I don't need that." I looked Morgenstern up and down one more time and nodded, "Alright I really font of those spiritual speeches but sometimes they can help others. I'm more about facts and prove, and don't like watching and just do. Not to say stuff but I guess I got a bit scared back there and..." Before I could finish my sentence a loud growl came from my stomach and my face went from energetic to tired and exhausted all in one go.

@Morgenstern

The blond stood watching as the girl spoke, speaking in a way that he wasn't sure if she was talking to him or herself. Her words were interrupted by a grumble coming from her stomache and her face quickly became that of one with exhaustion. "Haven't been taking care of yourself either huh? Come on, lets go ahead and get some food. When was the last time you slept?" This girl seemed to be just a bit problematic. "You're not going to be able to focus on how you can fight better if you are not being able to focus from hunger and exhaustion!" He looked around, scanning over the area. 'Probably doesn't help that its night time now either. I didn't leave Bahr's until it was dark.' He looked back to Azhoda. "How about we not get you food on this floor." Thinking for a moment, he would snap his fingers as he thought of something. "The seventh floor's Nimbus has a variety of foods due to the diverse wildlife and cultures!" He walked forward, heading towards the teleport pad. 

"Ha...ha~, Well. If you want to. And the last time I slept... Um, well I think that was ... three days ago," I said scratching my head a bit feeling a bit awkward that a random stranger noticed my stomach. I would normally just play it off just like I'll try now, "Ooh no worry, I can go on without sleep and food for a few days. I do it all the time so I can do it here too probably." I said to Morgenstern, with a smile really trying to play off how hungry I really was as well, I didn't want to bother him for getting me food. But I was a bit too late on that as the guy already seemed to have made up his mind. "Aah... um s-sure. You mean the big fortress in the mountains then," I said as I followed him to the teleport pad.

"Morgenstern, before we go. I want to thank you If you don't want you really don't have to come with me to floor seven. I can take care of myself, I'm an adult woman I know how my body works. It should be weird if I did not after 24 years or so now," I said to him before getting to the pad and waiting for him to join me to floor seven.

"Three days ago?" he would ask in evident confusion. "Just because we aren't in the real world doesn't mean you don't require sleep". He would await a few seconds before he got an answer. "Ooh no worry, I can go on without sleep and food for a few days. I do it all the time so I can do it here too probably." the blonde rolled his eyes and said nothing more about it. They stepped up to the teleport in pad in silence until Azhoda said something. "Morgenstern, before we go. I want to thank you If you don't want you really don't have to come with me to floor seven. I can take care of myself, I'm an adult woman I know how my body works. It should be weird if I did not after 24 years or so now," Jonathan turned back to the girl, his eyes uncaring. "Trust me, I am not trying to get you taken care of. For all I know as of now, you are an accomplice of that murderer. Another possibility is that we are being followed and tracked, and as soon as I leave they will kill you too. A third possibility is that as soon as I leave you are going to off yourself out of depression." 

The blond looked away and sighed. 'This is why I am not friends with many girls. All of them think they can be independent as all can be until they get in a pinch than all of a sudden its damsel in distress time. Hate it.' "Nimbus"  he would say to the pad and teleport both of them to the mountain town. "Before I leave, I am finding out about everything, exactly as they happened, and finding out something to do with you so you aren't immediately killed when I leave" He looked at the girl with a plain look on his face. 

"Ooh... Okay, Then I guess we are going to do that. It does sound a bit like an interview, so I have no problem with that, I have done many of those," I said to him as they teleported to the seventh floor. It was quite interesting to see how this guy worked, Wondering if I could become strong like him I nodded to him just looking as plain as he did. "Okay, I guess that is how things work. If you want to," I said not really knowing where he wanted to go as I never and I mean never really went to floor 7 maybe only once just to level up. As I was thinking my stomach growled again, "hehe~, sorry, guess I really went a bit too far on my body. If I say, I'm really sorry for the trouble Morgenstern," I said sounding honest and truly sorry.

She did not seem to argue much more about what his ways were. 'An interview.' he thought. 'An interesting way of thinking, though I think its more of an interrogation instead of an interview'. He looked around ignoring her words if she had given him any. 'Where am I going to hide her until I can figure out where the killer went. There has to be a way to erase her trail, even if for a while.' He looked forward, seeing a restaurant that was serving a wide variety of food, ranging from salads to steaks. He heard her stomach growl again followed by an apology from the girl. "Don't worry, you aren't causing me much trouble. Let's just get you some food and find out whats next." He walked in the door to the restaurant and ordered a seat. He was silent until he was sitting at the table and after he got a glass of water to drink. He took a sip of the ice water before turning his attention to the orange haired girl that now sat in front of him a the booth. "Alrighty, do you have anymore information on the murderer other than his name was Omniga? Any reason he was trying to kill you or just some crazed man on a murder spree. Those with actual intentions tend to work in groups of organized crime."

Following Morgenstern into the restaurant, I looked around and smelled the air, "Ooh it smells good!" I said looking around for a good second before joining him in the booth sitting across from him as I took the menu looking into it. As soon as I got my idea of what I wanted a waiter came up and took my order "Um... can I have the house steak, with potato chips, spare rip and um... also some roasted egg." I said to the waiter as He left I looked up to Morgenstern, "Sorry... I'll pay for my own stuff," I said as the waiter came with my order I started to eat. If you thought you have seen a lady eat well your dreams just got ruined cuz I don't eat very nice at all as I was just eating like a beast.

"So about... Gulp, him... well He came to my inn I was staying before, and after that, I have seen him there," I paused to eat some steak, "And well When I was going some low-level quests on floor 1 He helped me one time as a Boss monster spawned gulp out of nowhere,"  I said looking at my food again as I finished the steak as I got some sauce on my cheek as well, "So on floor 10 I well met Hazado, and well I seemed to irritate him a bit, so I left him, then He came back and Omniga jumped out and smiled, saying something like seems he still can't protect people at all, This will haunt him forever," I said to Morgenstern looking up from my spare rip and tilted my head, "You knew Haz, It seemed he knew you at least." 

He watched as she ordered a steak and... quite a bit of food actually. He chuckled and was a bit intimidated. He wasn't even sure if he could eat all of that food. She looked to him and offered to pay for her own stuff. "You're good, i'll pay because who knows when you'll have to stop eating. I'm surprised no NPC's have went fishing for some guards over my cursor. It'll happen eventually." he looked to the NPC waitress with a warning glance. "I'll just have the Nimbus Burger and some fries. Thanks" He would bring his attention back to the girl. 

"So about... Gulp, him... well He came to my inn I was staying before, and after that, I have seen him there, And well When I was going some low-level quests on floor 1 He helped me one time as a Boss monster spawned gulp out of nowhere" Jonathan frowned. "He helped you out? That doesn't sound much like someone who'd end up trying to kill you." 

"So on floor 10 I well met Hazado, and well I seemed to irritate him a bit, so I left him, then He came back and Omniga jumped out and smiled, saying something like seems he still can't protect people at all, This will haunt him forever," He would lock onto this phrase. "So you think he was trying to pull revenge on Hazado? Or baiting him out for a fight." 

You knew Haz, It seemed he knew you at least."  He would shrug. "I met him once at his wedding. I didn't know him too well" He didn't want to admit that he was unfeeling of the death, he was used to losing things and this was something minor. 

I looked up at Morgenstern's cursor and just notice that he had an orange cursor, "Ohh..." I said eating a bit of food again, "You can't be that bad if you helped me," I said to him going on as I was eating. Listening to what he was saying I nodded, emptying my mouth as some sauce was still on my cheek. "I think that I was just a random target from him. As Haz came when I yelled out. After that it seemed he was having fun trying to hurt Haz more than me, Guess he doesn't like Haz at all," I said to Morgenstern as I took another bite from my food. I really was trying to focus on the conversation with Morgenstern, he sounded nice and did look nice for sure, all a person could wish for, but I was kind of distracted by the food.

Tho hearing Haz was married I looked up with no emotion at all, [censored]... Did I ruin something like that, Oh hell... **** **** ****. All kinds of things went on in my mind like How I messed up big time now, ruined someone's life, I felt a lot of guilt. It is not normal for me to feel this at all but really HOW I messed up big time now. I stayed quiet just staring ahead not knowing what to say. Then I spoke up, "And... um... I'm sorry. I messed up, WHAT can I do to fix this mess I made," I said to Morgenstern feeling all the guilt fall onto my shoulders.