[SP-F01] Need a Medic <<Secret Medicine Of The Forest>>

I would not say that I want to level fast but sometimes the way to do so if by to do quests. It seemed, however, this quest states that a small village is in need of medicine, <Little Nepent's Ovule>, which is dropped by a special variant of the mob, Nepent. I have fought against these types of creatures before, they arent that stong at all and most of the time I can even one-shot them with a normal attack. So I had no trouble doing this quest. In the end, I took my glaive and made my way to this place where the monsters should spawn so I can get the item and give if to the village getting me a good boost in EXP.

It was really damp in the forest a bit as fog came in and birds started to stop singing. Knowing this I knew I was close to the place where they spawn. Looking around, however, was not as easy. taking my glaive into one hand and looking around slowly as I did not seem to be on guard at all.

Azhoda | HP 420/420 | EN 42/42 | DMG 9 | MIT 18 | ACC 1 | EVA 0 

Spoiler

Rank 1

• [x1 AoE] Sonic Charge (1 Energy +2 per target hit) - A forward thrust which explodes energy at the end of the move.
  • [x2 Stun] Twin Thrust (5 Energy) - A pair of quick thrusts aimed at the user's knees to immobilize them.
  • [x2] Heft (2 Energy) - Lift the heavy end of the spear diagonally across your opponent from the ground, cutting their torso with the tip.

Rank 2

• [x3] Fatal Thrust (3 Energy) - A single powerful thrust.
  • [x4 AoE] Hellish Twice (4 Energy +2 per target hit) - A pair of alternating sweeping motions which damages multiple targets.
  • [x4] Mighty Charge (4 Energy) - Charge your opponent fiercely and impale them with your spearhead. Your opponent is then lifted up before being slammed into the ground from the momentum of your maneuver.

Rank 3

• [x5] Revolve Arts (5 Energy) - Two roundhouse kicks followed by two sweeping strokes, concluded with one final thrust.
  • [x6] Dancing Spear (6 Energy) - An acrobatic combo involving sweeps, pole vaulting with kicks and a concluding thrust.
  • [x6 AoE] Trip Expand (6 Energy +2 per target hit) - An attack with several 360 spinning attacks that cover a wide area.

Rank 4

• [x8 Stun] Divide (11 Energy)- A single vertical sweep after briefly spinning the spear which cuts straight up the middle of the enemy and finishes by striking the bottom of their jaw.
  • [x10] Vent Forth (11 Energy) - A five-hit skill that employs three spinning slashes, concluded with one final thrust which stuns the opponent
Edited by Azhoda

I stood in the forest as the fog was rising, somehow I felt being watched. Then out of nowhere the two Nepents jumped out of the ground and went into their aggro. "Holy~! Magnificent, but sadly you are quest monsters." I said making my glaive spin in one hand and as the system guided my movement. With my blade glowing a soft blue and my hand giving off a small blue light as well before I trusted my glaive right at the body from the Nepent. Sadly missing my original target did not go into vain as a ball of energy jumped from my blade into blue light exploding right onto the other Nepent, Killing it on impact. With that attack done the Nepent that just missed my attack took its two vines and came to me. The two vines went into an X against my right arm as I just ate, as they would say, its attack dealing just the minimum amount of damage to me.

ID: 127965 | MD 4+1=5 Miss | -2 Energy
      127966 | MD 8+1=9 Hit | Sonic Charge 1x9= 9 DMG | -2 Energy

127965 | BD 8 Hit | 3 -18= 1 DMG
     127966 | BD 3 Miss | 

Azhoda | HP 419/420 | EN 38/42 | DMG 9 | MIT 18 | ACC 1 | EVA 0 

Nepent #1 | HP 7/7 | DMG 3
Nepent #2 | HP 0/7 | DMG 3

With the first one down I knew that this was going to be simple, both creatures should not have different HP sets so a simple basic attack would kill this one as well. My brain was fixed on finding out as well so I went for it. Taking my glaive in two hands and with the right swing, I went for the Nepent's lower parts. But it seems the moment I hit the Nepent a small Yellow glow came from my blade and The attack felt way more powerful. Standing with my knee a bit bent and the glaive on the side I saw how the body of the Nepent went into two and finally went up into pixels. 

Smiling I took my glaive and placed the end into the sand and smiled looking at it, "Magnificent, very interesting for sure, It keeps me surprised that this is how crits work and that for a normal attack as well." I said looking at my glaive waiting for something to happen.

ID: 127972 | MD 10 Crit | 9+2= 11 DMG | -1 Energy | +1 Energy Regen

127972 | BD 2 Miss

Azhoda | HP 419/420 | EN 38/42 | DMG 9 | MIT 18 | ACC 1 | EVA 0 

Nepent #1 | HP 0/7 | DMG 3
Nepent #2 | HP 0/7 | DMG 3

Staring ahead of myself I see that the earth is shaking a bit, Looking ahead I saw a plant sticking out of the ground. And knowing How Nepent looks like I knew what was going to happen within a few seconds. "So Come out then!" I said cheerfully getting my glaive at the ready as the monster popped his head out of the ground jumping right for me. I smiled as I knew already what was going to happen, And well I kind of do but still. With that said, I grabbed my glaive in my hand and as soon as the Nepent landed on the ground I went in and let the system guide me again. Taking it with two hands I thrust my glaive right into the chest of the nepents and with an extra push as my blade went green from the light, it Jumped into its chest and killed it.

Upon killing it I got the EXP but nothing more, "Well Shet~," I said planting my glaive into the ground once more and looking around as two more nepents spawned close by as they seemed already getting their focus on me.

ID: 127974 | MD 8+1=9 Hit | Fetal Thrust 3x9= 27-5= 22 DMG  | -3 Energy | +1 Energy Regen

127974 | BD 1 Miss

Azhoda | HP 419/420 | EN 36/42 | DMG 9 | MIT 18 | ACC 1 | EVA 0 

Nepent Variant | HP 00/15 | MIT 5 | DMG 10 | BD 10 ignores MIT

127975 | LD 11 | Failed getting the Item

The two nepents seemed to be quite angry that I killed their boss and they rush at me. I was really not surprised at all and as they came close I took my glaive and with a powerful thrust I went right for the two of them. But it seemed both have learned after their premature deaths and moved out the way before I could get near them. One of them even got aggressive and went for the attack himself hitting my arm again just leaving small scratches in my right arm. It seemed like these creatures where diggers but pervert to fight above ground. It was kind of nice to give me at least a fair fighting ground. But it was more than unfair as these creatures really where all just one-shots for me now.

Looking past the two Nepents I seemed to notice that this place was still as foggy as before and this gave me an idea I wanted to try out for myself. Creating a Fog around a player would help them hide more and attack from unsuspected places without the enemy noticing me or anyone in the fog.

ID: 127983 | MD 1 Crit Miss | -2 Energy
      127984 | MD 4+1= 5 Miss | -2 Energy

127983 |  BD 2 Miss |
      127984 | BD 8 Hit | 3-18= 1 DMG

Azhoda | HP 418/420 | EN 33/42 | DMG 9 | MIT 18 | ACC 1 | EVA 0 

Nepent #1 | HP 7/7 | DMG 3
Nepent #2 | HP 7/7 | DMG 3

Moving my Glaive around in the fog moved the fog around it and every time I went up with my Glaive the fog came with it for a bit. Taking my glaive in the air I pointed at the first Nepent and smiled before I started spinning myself around as Fog moved around me in a small tornado. It was quite an interesting effect to see but before I knew it I stepped out and the fog tornado stayed in place. Knowing where my enemy was and how it acted as a bonus to me. Getting my glaive ready I went blue from light and the fog tornado became a slight color of blue as well as Before the Nepents knew it I and my glaive darted out of the fog tornado hitting the first nepent and as the light exploded into particles the second got hit by that killing them body in one hit. "Hehe~, That was interesting. Love the mechanic around this fog," I said kneeling down a bit and moving my hand into the low hanging fog but before I knew it right there and then the ground began to shake again and a flower popped up out the ground.

ID: 127985 | MD 7+1=8 Hit |Sonic Charge 1x9= 9 DMG | -3 Energy
      127986 | MD 9+1=10 Minor Crit | Sonic Charge 1x10= 10 DMG | -2 Energy

127985 |  BD 1 Miss |
      127986 | BD 10 Crit | 

Azhoda | HP 418/420 | EN 29/42 | DMG 9 | MIT 18 | ACC 1 | EVA 0 

Nepent #1 | HP 7/7 | DMG 3
Nepent #2 | HP 7/7 | DMG 3

Looking at the flower it seemed to be a bit different than from before. Different colors and look altogether, almost like a whole different creature spawned there. Still knowing that it was the Nepent Variant, the creature I was supposed to get and take its item it should be dropping, was my quest. Standing up again I walked over the flower but before I could stab it with my glaive it disappeared under the ground. "Ack~! Where did you goo~." I said getting into a combat position with my glaive in my hand. Out of nowhere from behind me I heard rumbling and turned around just in time to see the creature jump out of the ground and attack me with its vines. Hitting my arm again It should be stinging a bit now but the game did not really make it feel like that. Looking at my arm it almost looked like I had some sort of rope around my arm that twisted a bit as red markings came on my avatar.

ID: 127987 | MD 1 Crit Miss | -2 Energy

127987 | BD 9 Minor Crit | 10-18= 1 DMG

Azhoda | HP 417/420 | EN 28/42 | DMG 9 | MIT 18 | ACC 1 | EVA 0 

Nepent Variant | HP 15/15 | MIT 5 | DMG 10 | BD 10 ignores MIT

The Fog began to rise a bit more and slowly I didn't see a hand in front of my eyes, I only heard the movement of the Nepent in front of me. Hearing as it moved around I kept just at a distance that I could hear it and my glaive could rise up to strike. As I moved I heard a stick snap almost to the left of me and I went for an attack into that direction. As I moved my glaive the whole area light up in a small blue light and I moved passed as the air from my attack pushed out a clear spot only to reveal nothing but the snapped stick. Then from behind me, I hear something almost like a wipe and I dug down just in time to see the fog move around me and two vines fly over my head. "Yeeeeez~! To close WAY to close," I said turning around and taking a step back into the fog as I moved my glaive around to clear at least a bit of fog from my vision.

ID: 127988 | MD 2 Crit Miss | -2 Energy

127988 | BD 1 Miss |

Azhoda | HP 417/420 | EN 27/42 | DMG 9 | MIT 18 | ACC 1 | EVA 0 

I was having quite a blast while moving my glaive in the air pushing away fog and listening to what better sound than from the nepent moving around. Knowing that the Nepent knew where I was, was a bit concerning to I kept moving sidestepping every time. I then heard a stick snap again this time right in front of me, And I knew, now is my chance. With a powerful thrust right into the fog I push away the fog with the airflow and make the area around my glaive free of fog to reveal a Nepent variant who this time was the one stepping on the stick, but I still missed my attack. But I saw it coming now he reeled back and with a powerful sweep back he moved his vines into the area into my direction. I jumped back and as soon as I landed on the ground the fog came back in, and everything was fogged up again not letting me see a thing.

ID: 127989 | MD 2 Miss | -2 Energy

127989 | BD 3 Miss |

Azhoda | HP 417/420 | EN 26/42 | DMG 9 | MIT 18 | ACC 1 | EVA 0 

True it was not easy to fight in this fog but still, it seemed both parties missed a lot, and what would I do, Cry if it hit me. Nah I'm a grown woman with a job I don't cry easy, wait when was the last time I cried, I don't even remember. not even at the death of a player I cried. But back to this battle, Yeah fog. It was still there and not making my job easier at all. However, I looked up and saw a bird fly around meaning that the fog would fall down soon and then I would see the Nepent variant better again.  I did not want to waste my energy but I knew the best defense is a good offense, learned that one from a friend. With that in mind I went quiet as I could and before I knew it I heard something this time I knew it and without hesitation, I went for the attack and my glaive pushed deep into something. But that something was fog. With the fog flying away from the attack it seemed that the fog was settling down as well as I saw the Nepent clearer now.

ID: 127990 | MD 2 Miss | -2 Energy

127990 | BD 3 Miss |

Azhoda | HP 417/420 | EN 25/42 | DMG 9 | MIT 18 | ACC 1 | EVA 0 

Standing there as the fog slowly flew away from my glaive I took my weapon and did not wait any minute. With two hands on my weapon, I made sure the system was guiding me on this one and started to attack knowing where my target was. With the sword art glowing blue on my blade I made my attack right for the nepents body and hoped for the best. And I did hope well. Getting my attack into the body of the nepent variant It fell over and down to the ground before disappearing into the fog and an explosion of blue lights saw seen from the fog.

Not moments later, I got the EXP and YES this time I seemed to have gotten the item as well, knowing this I did a little dance on the spot and cheered low. I looked into my inventory and saw the quest item in it. The only thing left now was to travel to this village and give it the item so I could end this quest as well move on with some leveling.

ID: 127990 | MD 5+1= 6 Hit | Fetal Thrust 3x9= 27-5= 22 DMG  | -3 Energy 

127990 | BD 7 Hit |

Azhoda | HP 417/420 | EN 23/42 | DMG 9 | MIT 18 | ACC 1 | EVA 0 

Nepent Variant | HP 00/15 | MIT 5 | DMG 10 | BD 10 ignores MIT

127994 | LD 17 | Succes Obtained <Nepent's Ovule>

Making my way out of the forest was not as simple as it was before I came here, the fog was really messing with me. But slowly I got used to the fog and moved my glaive so, that every time it moved the fog moved around it making quite the effect around my weapon. With that said, however, I still wanted to get this over with. While walking I felt like something was hanging over me, still not clear what this was I came to a path inside the forest. Following the path, I walked out of the forest and seemed to be still around the same time as I started this quest. the Village would not be far from here and walking there was the fastest way. As I walked on the path I still felt like something was wrong, like I was low on energy or something. But I did not feel weird at all."uuugh! How long do I keep this feeling," I said to myself holding my glaive in one hand while still holding it down to the ground making sure not to be caught by surprise.

The fog finally settled down, and I could see my own feet again. It felt like the area calmed down as soon as the Nepent was defeated. Even if It was just a mini-boss, It was not that hard to defeat at all. With one down, That would mean the rest was to follow. I already did a few quests but it seemed these boss monsters gave the most EXP for me to use. And my plan, of course, was to become stronger now and not give up until I got to the top fighting with Morgenstern as equals. Even if I have to push people away from time to time I need to focus on my goal and my promise, I can't go back and not make them. A man's last dying wish, better make that wish a goal as well. "HAHA~!" I said as I laughed and got up as my goggles slit down onto my eyes.

With my goggles up I started to take up speed moving over the road Before I knew it I was near to the village. Jumping over a small fence as I placed my glaive into the ground and jumped over it. Sticking in the landing I walked on putting my goggles on my forehead and walked to the quest marker. This village seemed calm and like any old village, I have seen in some of these documentaries. Looking around I did hear coughing and sneezing from more NPC getting closer to the NPC quest marker as I did so. Standing before a church was a man in robes, not a priest of something just a village elder. He turned to me and seemed to be quite happy to see me. I walked up and he looked up at me as he was bending over a bit leaning on a walking stick. 

"Hello there Miss, I'm happy to gain some visitors but we are in some trouble. You seemed like the adventuring type," He said to me and as I tilted my head, Oh yea true I did not accept the quest here but somewhere else. "Well sir, I must say, I already got word of your town having trouble with an illness," I said politely, already knowing how the NPC's react to players, as they seemed to see is as adventures of another world, brought here to help the people clear out the world from the evil castle on the top. Now I just wanted to know how the NPC would react if I already did the quest but accepted it by the system and just did the quest. His face turned into a big wide smile, "Ooh, did I hear that right. You knew of the illness here so you came to help didn't you." Well yes and no I just want to EXP from the quest, "Well I did, and already got something that could help," I said getting into my pocket.

Taking out the item The man looked at it and his smile became as wide as it could, Ha never seen something work so good without the model bugging out and all. "So you went into that dreaded forest to claim the antidote for the venom this creature laid on us." He said taking the item from my hand and walked inside for a second. I peeked inside as well to see what was going on in there because I could and The man, surprised to my action waved me in. "You want to see it work its magic on out sick, Well just make sure not to touch any of them. I don't know if they can infect you," he said as He led me to a table in the back of the church. Looking left and right I saw people sitting on beds and bedrolls They seemed tired and where all coughing or sneezing. I still remember when my dead was like this it was just so, sorry dad, annoying to hear every time.

At the table the man took the item I gave him and two more people came to his side, This time two priests. They helped the elder with something as they crafted something. I wanted to look over their shoulders but the second priest seemed keen on not letting me see it. In a few seconds, the old man turned to me and nodded. "While you here you can see the medicine work on their own. But here if your reward miss for helping even if you didn't need to," He gifted me some col and I got a pop up in my face saying Quest completed as well with the amount of col I just got as well as my EXP bar going up a bit. It proved to me that doing the quest around the bosses of the floor gave me more EXP than normal. "No problem I guess, um... Well thanks," I said as I turned around to look over my shoulder as the elder passed me to walk outside while the priests inside started to give medicine to the sick.

I walked outside and wanted to test something real quick to look at the elder and of course he looks at me. "Than you again Hero, Out village can survive another day now," he said to me as I stood there. "Sure I guess, If I may ask. Do you know what this it?" I said getting out my system as he looked at it. He stared and stared then looked up at me and shaken his head, "I think my eyes are getting worse, or you are just fooling me as I cant see what you are holding miss," He said to me. As suspected, He can't see my system only players can see it, but that did not matter now. "Leave it. Anyways thanks for your time sir I'll be going now," I said to him before he nodded, "No thank you, hero, I will remember this," He said before I turned around and left the village again.

Once out of the village I look around for a hot second and then "UUUUUGH! Why do the NPC's have to feel so real! Cant, they are downgraded or something." I said as I walked out of the gate and back onto the road. Opening my System and looking at the things inside it, Then out of nowhere a loud growl came from my stomach. My energy just dropped to 0. "uugh, and now this too! Body, work with me okay!" I said holding my stomach and started walking again totally ignoring my stomach again. Ooh, I would have been schooled for sure by anyone at my work for not eating at all. But Dam this body asking for food while I'm trying to get stronger, I need to be perfect to get to my goal. I need to get stronger and one way to do that is to leave as much space for training in a day then going to eat something.

I really was trying to set up a plan in my head for a quest to do next, The more I did quests the better level I become. But I remember someone said, um who was it again, Ooh sorry Morgenstern. Maybe I need to find someone who wants to do threads with me and then I get to level up faster and get my level even better. Ooh yes, Maybe um IDK um the next field boss. The one on floor two should be good, easy as well I think I can take it alone but maybe not. Uuugh I don't like social interactions at all and I just need to get my level. But maybe it is not that bad, I had not really interactions with other players before so maybe I can find out how people here are and what they want, OH Use them to my goal to gain levels fast.