[F05 - PP] I Hate It When Sand Gets In My Pants <<Blood in the Sands>>>>

Yukiro no longer liked sand. It was fun to walk on and more interesting than regular ground, but it. Got. Everywhere. He'd be washing sand off his body for years to come.

~Earlier that day~

Yukiro had found out about a quest recently. Based on the alleged stats though, he probably wouldn't be able to take care of it himself. He knew some people he could call on, but... he wanted to avoid making them risk death as much as he could possibly afford to. He continued to ponder this difficult topic as he teleported up to the main town on floor 5. He had known nothing of this floor beforehand, but once he arrived he began to make brilliant observations.
It's hot. And sandy. This must be a desert. 
Thank you, Yukiro, for your incredible observations. 
Eventually, an idea came to mind. He knew someone who would be able to defeat this enemy with ease! 
He sent a message:

To: @Cordelia

Hey, I found this quest. You've probably already done it, but I thought you might wanna join me. If you aren't doing anything else now. Thanks!

Cordelia hummed as she poked Yukiro on the shoulder. “You want help with this quest?” She asked, giving him a small smile. “Don’t worry about it. This mob is about the same strength as that Avalanche one, so I’ll just go ahead and one-shot it again,” Cordelia beamed, giving him a thumbs up as she tugged on her black coat.

”Man, I’m overdressed for this weather,” she mumbled, shrugging her shoulders. “Whatever. It’s not like it’s going to affect me, anyway.”

She turned back to Yukiro and raised a brow. “Do you want to bring anyone else into this?” I’m sure one of your friends could benefit from the EXP arhat this quest gives. She dead panned. “I’m sure most of them are going to need it as well,” she said dryly, remembering the time she had met his group of friends which. . . really should’ve been dead a long time ago with those kinds of stats.

@Nora

Nora covers her mouth with both hand and tries very hard to suppressed a dry cough. She was afraid that if she opens her mouth, the sand might get in. To make things worst, it is windy too. The wild carries the sand everyone, and hinders her field of vision. She pulls up her scarf to cover for lower face and narrowed her eyes in order to see into the distance. She shouldn't be here, way too low of a level to be on this floor. The monsters here could potentially one shot her. But she can't suppressed her desire to explore the upper floors and see what lays beyond floor one, and see the bigger world. Right now, she is just climbing floors until she it becomes too dangerous for her to do so, then she will go back down. But for now, she's avoiding monsters like a plague and here for the view only.

Right up until she gets lost in the desert and can't find her way back to the safezone and doesn't have a teleportation crystal at her disposal. She eyes suddenly widen. She thought she saw some people at the distance. She quickly pull out her mini map and found two familiar names.

"Hey!!! Yukiro!!! Cordelia!!! Help!!! *cough**cough*" not sure if anyone hears her, she quickly make her way towards the other two players as fast as she can. "Add me to your party..*cough* God Damn IT!" 

@Yukiro @Cordelia

Yukiro stopped and tilted his head a bit. Was he hearing something? 
Nah, it's just him.
No, he's hearing something for sure. Looking around, he noticed a player in the distance. 
... Nora?
"Cordelia, it's Nora. Over there," he said, gesturing towards her, "We should probably go make sure she's okay." 
He began to jog out to where his smaller friend was. She seemed to be struggling with all the sand in the air. 
"Oi, Nora, are you okay? Here, cover your mouth more completely," he advised briefly. He went ahead and invited her to the party. After all, Cordelia was the one who recommended it. 
"Cordelia, you can one shot this thing right? Do you think it would be safe for Nora to tag along?" He turned back to Nora. "Do you want to tag along? If you don't want to stay out in the sand then that's okay."
It was a really hot day, he couldn't blame her if she just wanted to go inside. Or to floor four. That place was nice and cool. 

@Cordelia

Edited by Yukiro

Cordelia's ear twitched.

"What the hell is that-" She paused. "Oh."

She followed after Yukiro. "You people really need the survival skill," she sighed, shaking her head. Both floor four and five were a pain to go through without some kind of protection. It was definitely hell to go through.

"Uh, yeah. I'm sure that you two won't even have to do anything," she chuckled, stretching her arms behind her back with a small yawn.

"Just don't attack the shark or anything," she mumbled, rubbing her eyes. "If you guys let me attack first I'm sure that it won't be a problem for you guys," she sniffed. "Just kick back and relax or whatever. I'm too over leveled for this quest, anyway."

Seriously. She didn't even know how she got this high of a level without doing these lower leveled quests. Magic, am I right? Maybe some kind of freak luck?

It really is them!!! Nora quickly makes her over to the other two players about the same time that Yukiro starts to make his way over and meeting her halfway. 

"Oi, Nora, are you okay? Here, cover your mouth more completely,"

At that, Nora pulls her scarf a little closer to her face as she tries to talk. "Oh my gosh!! I am so glad to see you two, for a moment there I thought I was a goner for sure!!! But it looks like I might actually live through this floor after all. Don't worry, I won't make any trouble, I will just follow you guys and won't attack anything so I don't get the hate. Are you two on a quest right now? Which quest is it? Please let me tag alone!" She sends both of them a party invite, a little scared but a lot of anticipation in seeing the higher level floors and monsters. Narrowing her eyes as the tries to see through the dusty storm, she whispers to herself. "So this is what the higher level floor looks like...I'm excited to be here... Maybe next time that I climb this high, it will be with my own power."

@Yukiro

As usual, Cordelia assured them of her superiority, telling them to just kick back and relax while she took out the enemy. 
While on one hand that irritated Yukiro to no end, he had also seen her superior abilities first hand on many occasions. It was not a stretch to say she would beat this thing in one hit, so it probably was best for them to stay back. 
"Yeah, we'll stand back. Thanks again for joining me," he said with a slight bow. 
Turning back to Nora he continued. "You look like you're having a rough time out here," he sent her a party invitation as he spoke, "This won't take long to finish up, so hang in there, okay?"
With that he lead Nora a small distance away from Cordelia. With any luck the desert beast would go after her instead of the weaker pair. Not that he wished any harm on Cordelia, but she could handle herself better than either of the others could. 

@Cordelia

Cordelia hummed, nodding her head before spinning around. She tapped on her wrist and gave the other two players in her vicinity a wide grin. "Anytime now," she sang just before she pulled on the hilt of her katana, unsheathing it from its hold. 

She nodded her head from side to side as she thought about this song she really couldn't remember the name of. "Darn, I'm sure I've heard the name somewhere," she muttered, her brows furrowing just as sand burst from the ground, filling the air with grains of sand before it eventually all came falling down due the help of gravity.

"Drama. . ." she murmured, "something like that or something," she sighed, barely paying attention to the massive Sand Shark that was a good meter or two above her, baring its rows of pearly white teeth right at her head.

"Lord, it was such an odd name, I can't remember," she whined as the Sand Shark got closer and closer. "Bah, I'll remember it eventually," she said finally, twisting her body just in time to deliver a roundhouse kick to the Sand Shark, launching it into the air.

Oh wow.

It worked.

She shrugged her shoulders before propelling herself off of the ground, dispersing the sand in the area around her rather quickly. "Drama. . . ter. . ." Cordelia muttered as she charged up another sword art. "Tergy?" Well, it something like that. Pacco squawked above her as her eyes suddenly glowed a bright red.

She outstretched her katana in front of her almost carelessly, slamming the blade of it down on the back of the Shark's spine, forcing it down at incredible speeds. Sand flew everywhere as the mob landed on the ground.

She landed and beamed. "Oh, I remember now! Dramaturgy!" She clapped her hands together as she sheathed her blade. "I knew it was an odd name," she sighed, shaking her head just as the shark shattered into an array of red shards.

Spoiler

ID: 128201
BD: 10 [+2 DMG][+2 HLY]

12+4=16x15=240

Sand Shark: HP: 0/125

"This won't take long to finish up, so hang in there, okay?"

Nora nodded and steps back a little to give Cordelia some space. She watches as the higher level player unsheathed her sword from its hold and realized that it was a katana.

So...katana could be powerful too...? I better watches this closely and see how this weapon should really be used in combat...as opposed to the stabby slicing things that I have been using it for. She watches the environment closely when Cordelia indicated that the monster is near, narrowing her eyes and turning around to try to spot the monster. On high alert for where the monster could possibly came from. 

Then, she felt the ground trembles and dusts and sands stir up into the air. She readjusts her position so that she doesn't fall over, when suddenly, the shark bursts out from beneath the ground.

"What..?!" Nora lets out a surprised cry and jumps a little, automatically moves a little closer to Yukiro and watches the shark closely.

"Darn, I'm sure I've heard the name somewhere....Drama. . ." Cordelia murmured "Hm...Cordelia...?", "something like that or something," she sighed, barely paying attention to the massive Sand Shark that was a good meter or two above her, baring its rows of pearly white teeth right at her head.

"Hm..Corr...Cordelia...?" Nora points to the sand shark that is now moving speedily towards this way. "I think it is coming for you....." Nora unsheathes her katana and gets ready for combat even though she has been told not to, but it hard to go against the instinct of drawing out her weapon when facing a massive hostile monster.

"Lord, it was such an odd name, I can't remember," 

"Cordelia! Behind you..!!!" Nora readjusts her position, getting ready to move forward, and that was when the higher level player turns around and delivered a powerful roundabout kick to the sand shark. Instantly dropping its hp to zero.

Nora wordlessly sheathed her weapon and clapped. There was no words in her mind at that moment, her mind is sort of just blank. Never mind seeing how to use a katana properly in real life combat, she didn't even know you can attack a monster without weapon and still deals a lot damages.. She is sort of don't know what to think at that time.

".....So...mission completed....?" She asked hesitantly, not entirely sure of what just happened.

@Yukiro

Nora moved a little closer to Yukiro. Right, she wasn't used to seeing Cordelia face down ridiculously over sized monsters. 
Cordelia started to talk to herself as the massive sand shark appeared.
"Hm..Corr...Cordelia...? I think it is coming for you....." Nora pointed out worriedly, unsheathing her katana. 
Yukiro silently watched the slithering sand serpent slide towards Cordelia.
"Cordelia! Behind you..!!!" Nora cried out, about to jump forward. Yukiro placed his hand on her katana's pommel.
"Don't bother."
Cordelia used a powerful kick to the shark's head, propelling it into the air. She followed it up and delivered a powerful slash to the shark's side, killing it almost instantly. Yukiro sighed. Yet again, another quest with nothing to do. He apreciated her help and company (well, usually), but it'd be nice to actually help every so often. Well, he'd just have to get stronger faster. 
Nora started to clap.
Yukiro sighed and started to walk towards Cordelia. 
"So, wanna go back to town and get something to eat?"

@Cordelia

“Yeah, that’s pretty much it,” Cordelia said with a disappointed sigh. “Like I said, you guys don’t need to worry about anything. I got your back,” she beamed, patting Nora on the head like a wittle dog.

Cordelia sheathed her katana and shrugged. “Sure, I guess I could get a drink or two. I don’t think I’ve ever had anything on this floor before,” she murmured, scratching her chin. Floor five. . . wasn’t her favorite floor to say the least. She doesn’t think it’s anyones favorite floor.

Her eyes averted to the sandy ground. She sighed and picked up the salves, throwing one to both Yukiro and Nora. “Here,” she sniffed, placing it her own in her inventory, “this is a pretty good salve you can use in battle. Enhanced mitigation or whatever, I don’t see the need for it myself, though,” she sighed, knowing that it was probably going to sit in her inventory for a good while.

!!! Nora touches her head where she's been patted. Somehow Cordelia is more friendly than she has originally thought of, despite their first encounter. But now that the quest is over, she guess that this would be as good of a time as any to go visit the town of this floor. She has been there only in passing. When she first stepped onto this floor, she went immediately out of the gate and into the wild and hasn't really had the chance to go visit the safe zone here.

"Oh! Thank you so much!! This will be very helpful in the future quest runs. I'm sure it will save some lives someday!" Nora says gratefully while accepting the salve from Cordelia. "And sure! That's sounds great. Have any of you been to the safe zone here? I wonder if there are any good taverns on this floor. Actually...I know I am getting ahead of myself, I heard something about players can get housing in this game. So I have been wanting to go explore the upper floors to pick up a good spot." She said while putting the new salve into her inventory. "Maybe this will be a good chance to visit the safezone on this floor. After you please, lead the way and I will follow. Since I did get lost here in the desert lol." She says to Yukiro and Cordelia, hoping that one of them would know their way back to town.

@Yukiro

“Here, this is a pretty good salve you can use in battle. Enhanced mitigation or whatever, I don’t see the need for it myself, though."
Yukiro caught the item and added it to his inventory. "Thanks, I appreciate it. Both the help and the salve." 
"Maybe this will be a good chance to visit the safezone on this floor. After you please, lead the way and I will follow. Since I did get lost here in the desert lol." 
People actually said 'lol'? Huh. You learn something new every day. 
Yukiro nodded. "Yeah, follow me. It's a ways in this direction," he said, staring in that same direction. He figured Cordelia already knew the way, but he might as well do something that resembled usefulness. 
It was quite the trek back to town. The sand got in everyone's mouth, so it was far from a pleasant journey. But it was better than wasting teleport crystals. Upon arriving, everyone was tired. Or at least Yukiro was. 
"Is anyone... still up for that food?" he asked wearily. 

@Cordelia

• 3 weeks later...

Cordelia hummed for a second before placing a hand on her cheek sheepishly. "Actually, I think I might skip out on this plan, sorry about that. I'm not too good with group. . . activities. . ." she uttered, her eyes glassing over for a few seconds before she shook her head.

"You two have fun, though," she said, forcing a smile on her face as she gave both of them a small wink. "I'm sure that there will be a great place for food here somewhere."

"My job here is done anyway. Go in for the kill and help a few newbies out," she shrugged, yawning into the back of her hand before she nodded to the two of them. "Shall we meet again!" She chirped, doing a dramatic bow before bounding off to the teleport gate. The only thing seen before she was poofed away was the faint murmur of her lips that was barely comprehensible. 

• 4 weeks later...

Cordelia huffed as she found herself back on the first floor. She pulled her hair back and groaned. 

Sometimes. . . just sometimes! 

Ugh.

Why was she should an emotional baby? Well, not emotional? Frick, her head feels all messed up right now. Why was she so unsocial? That was a better question. She placed a hand over her face and sighed. She questioned what was wrong with her sometimes. There were, in fact, many things wrong with her.

Too many things, in fact. 

"Alright, Pacco," she mumbled, holding up her air for Pacco to hop, which he did so, thank God. "Why don't we go get something to eat, hm?" She asked, giving him a small smile as she hopped off of the teleport pad, earning a small oof from her. 

Man, she felt incredibly stupid now that she thought about it. They literally just asked her to eat. What was up with that?

Cordelia slowly picked up her spoon as she stared at the plate of tiramisu in front of her. "I definitely deserve this" she muttered, licking her lips. "Plus, I can't gain any weight in here, so... yay!"

Careful not to let her bangs touch the cake, she slowly  tilted her face closer and closer to the dessert, to the pint where her nose was only about an inch away. Bringing her arm up, she slowly dug her spoon into the rich cocoa and sighed in relief. "So... satisfying!" She exclaimed, leaning back into her chair with a grin. She scooped the spoon into her mouth and let out a heavenly sigh.

"So... good!" She exclaimed, grinning to herself like an absolute fool. "I haven't had tiramisu in ages!" She said under her breath, her eyes widening for a fraction. "But this definitely beats any kind of tiramisu I've ever had!"

Pacco pecked away at the plate of crackers she ordered for him, the same ones that Oscar had given him so long ago. She laughed to herself as she held the spoon in her mouth, leaning against her arm which was propped up on the table's surface.

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar.

There she was again, thinking like a lovestruck schoolgirl in some kinda of shojo manga. Possibly even some kinda of harem. Her face flushed as she looked down. 

Her of all people, huh? What a bunch of [doo doo]. Like he would ever want to be in a romantic relationship with her. It sounded like some kind of sick joke. She broke his damn heart and she really expects to like her, again?

It would really be a miracle, huh.

She leaned her head back on the chair and sighed.

Damn, she really wanted to just. . . stab herself over and over again for that stupid decision she made so long ago.

God, why did he have to ask specifically that time? 

Now that she thought about it, he had gotten feelings for her incredibly quickly. It was barely just a few months after they had met each other before he had told her that he had. . . liked her? Wanted to be in a romantic relationship with her? Loved her? She wasn't sure what his exact words were, but. . . it was something like that. . . I think?

What was damn likable about her that made him catch feelings so early on?

She frowned and leaned her forehead against the table's cold surface. Why her of all people too? She felt like Oscar could really just have whoever the heck he really wanted. He was tall, smart, nice. . . why would he pick someone as odd and broken as her?

She was thin and weird. What the actual heck? She never thought that she would ever meet his standards.

She laughed to herself. 

She remembered the first time they had met each other. It was on that damn Survival quest. . .

Cordelia smiled. They had camped out in a small cave while the sandstorm was raging on outside. He even brought coffee with him. . .

Her face flushed. She buried her head in her arms and groaned. That was ages ago. In fact, it had felt like it was centuries ago. Heck, she still had blonde hair when she had met him. 

She held up a strand of her slightly shorter hair in her hands and pursed her lips. Did he like her change in style? Did he think it was too weird? She let go of the strand and sighed.

He too changed. He cut his hair and changed his whole attire around the same time she did. She really didn't expect that. It came as such a surprise to her when she had seen him again.

Man, she felt old.

Lovesick. Is that what she was? A little lovesick girl?

Man, just thinking about that made her sick to her stomach. Come on, really? Her? Lovesick? It seemed so out of this world that she just had to laugh out loud at it.

She never thought that she would have a chance at a relationship, much less liking someone else. She had grown up secluded, the idea of dating someone was barely registered in her vocabulary. She had never, ever even dated anybody else.

No, her "schedule" was far too busy for that kind of stuff. Far too busy. 

She was pretty sure that even if she did find someone to date, her parents would ruin their whole life before news of them even got out.

Guess that's what being famous was all about. Yup. . . really living the life, huh?

Maybe if she had dated someone before. . . she wouldn't have to feel so weird about this stuff now.