[PP-F01] A Daring promise {Koga}

I was on floor one, what the hell was I doing here anyway. I am Level 21 and most mobs around here are weaker than me. I walked in front of a store to see my reflection. Looking at my reflection I touched my hair and nodded. Jep Today I feel like wearing my hair in a ponytail. Grabbing a hairband I seemed to have around my arm and set my loss hair into a ponytail. Looking myself up and down again, Silver shoulder plates with a small spike on it, as well as a Pink jacked and black shirt, wearing black and white shorts with leggings and high boots. Not only that I also was wearing some accessories like I had my goggles around my neck as well as an orange tie.

Staring at my reflection a bit I smiled at it and moved on. What was I thinking really, I could have done that in a mirror at the inn I'm staying in. Well, it's done now nothing to do about it now. Looking about maybe I could get something done on the floor, sure I would stick out being higher level and with a Perfect weapon on my back, it would not be hard to spot me. Well, maybe I should keep up with what I promised to someone, to find someone and not be left alone Guess that what he meant at least.

Walking right into the plaza, I looked around to see anything or at least anyone who wanted to help me get stronger. I walked up to a few players and asked them "Hey, Can you help me on the higher floor?" I said to a group of players, they looked at me like I was some mad woman, "You crazy, We will be staying right here where we are saved." and then they walked off. Over and over I got this response from people, Am I not doing this right, most people want to level right, its the way to get out here, and with the higher floors open you can level quite fast now. And with my level being this high, people would know that I am strong and can kill most things in one hit right, or did they not see it. I held my chin and went over to a bench sitting down and looking into my stats a bit, not paying attention anymore.

@Koga

Koga had been looking around the Town of Beginnings for a tailor shop that could make him a new set of light armor. At some point or another he'd gotten incredibly lost. He found a shop and ordered his armor, but he was lost beyond all belief. Now he had to deal with the cumbersome chore of finding his way back to...anywhere he recognized. After another solid hour of wandering around, Koga found himself in the Town's Plaza. Except he was still completely turned around. Even with a fountain in the middle of the plaza, everything looked roughly the same, he had no way of knowing where his own shop was from here. It could be any direction! Thankfully, Koga was surrounded by players who may or may not know the way. One player in particular caught the man's eye. A fiery haired woman sat on a bench looking at a menu of some sort. Might as well ask her.

"Pardon me," Koga said as he approached the woman, a warm smile on his face, "Do you know the way to the Lucky Armament?" Koga asked. The Lucky Armament was actually owned by one of Koga's friends, however it was far well more well known than his own shop. Probably a better chance of asking for that shop than his own...

Although Koga knew that it was impolite, he couldn't help but notice that the woman was looking at her stats screen and she was level..."Level twenty one?! Damn, what the hell are you doing on Floor One?" Koga blurted out before realizing he had just outted himself. Whoops. "S-sorry, I know you shouldn't peek at other's stats." koga apologized, rubbing the back of his head, "But for real, what're you doing here among the plebians?"

@Azhoda

Looking at my stats I kind of forgot other people could see my menu as I opened it. It was not that hard for anyone to get the feeling I was wasting time here with the level I am. But for a moment I was focused on seeing how I could set up a good build and make my start show off with a build I wanted to lean into. But then as I was not paying attention a kid walked up to me asking me something. I looked up slowly still having my menu open, Looking at his face, I think he was about a few years younger than me. He asked me something, I tilted my head a bit, "The lucky what? sorry never heard of it," I said looking down at my menu again before he spoke up again that got my attention again.

I was caught off guard a bit for a moment as he said this and I looked down at my stats for a second, "Hehe~, No worry. wait... you never saw someone of my level on the lower floors?" I closed my menu and held my hand to my chin for a second, "Guess that's where I go wrong then,  Maybe I should find people with higher level then," I said bluntly to myself. before looking up at the kid again. "Ooh, is that what you call yourself, plebians. That doesn't really sound nice I must say, but I guess I have heard worst like bottom feeders. But um yeah not speaking about that now, I was just looking for someone to willing to level with me." I said to him with confidence.

Then it came to my mind, I was approaching people, this time someone esle was approaching me. Time to ask them the hard one then, "If you don't mind, would you like to level with me then? I know if you want to say know and stay on the lower floors because it is saver, and I know I just asked something dumb but you won't die," I said to him Knowing people would say know I came up with a back up idea, "I can give you col if you don't want to, or help you learn a few tricks and stuff as well um... I can do something you want," I said to him knowing most people would at this point wanted something to trade.

@Koga

"The lucky what? sorry never heard of it."

"Damn, alright thanks," Koga swore, "I'm just a little turned around in here for some reason..."

The red haired woman seemed a little surprised at Koga's reaction to her level, but at least she didn't really seem upset by the fact that he had sneaked a peek. "Hehe~, No worries," she said, "wait... you've never seen someone of my level on the lower floors?"

"Well, I've seen one other, but she was kinda...I didn't like her. You're the only other player with a level that high that I've seen before," Koga told her, before she went into how she needed to find some higher level people. "If you don't mind, would you like to level with me then?" she asked, offering him some Col or other vague and non-specific things. "Exactly what kind of things were you thinking of doing, hmm?" Koga said with a mischievous tone leaving a lot up to implication and imagination. He wasn't usually like this with people. Well strangers, at least. His friends had to put up with his shenanigans on a fairly regular basis. "For real though, you don't need to give me any Col or anything. I'm not too worried about it, I think I can handle most things on this floor as it is. If you're looking for a partner for a little bit, I'd be happy to accompany you."

@Azhoda

It's a bit sad to hear the guy be mad as he seemed lost as he told me this, but wait I can help him. I just forgot to tell him. But it was weird to hear not many higher level players came to this floor, why Not. It probably the best way to get connections and make yourself stronger. At least I was not the only one coming here.

As he asked what I would do I literally just chugged my shoulders, "I don't know what you like. Just something probably how should I say it, I like to have fair trade," I said to him. But I was more surprised by the fact that he didn't need anything and tilted my head, "Okay, your lost I guess, But I was not planning to stick around here much longer. Just need someone to help me fight some floor bosses, I already did some research on them and know how to kill them fast. I can take them all as My damage output in near 100," I said to him standing up and grabbing my Glaive from my back and holding it in my left hand, "Name is Azhoda, but if you want to call me Shior, or you even want to be formal go ahead and say Kikenna, All is fine to me." I said to him holding out my hand to shack

I opened my map I smiled and typed in what the guy said, then looked up and pointed into a direction, "The Lucky Armament is right there. you know you have a search function on the map while in settlements." I said to him showing my menu to him as well as the location of this shop and the way to it, "Because I don't want to stand in favor I'll just take you there, or not if you want to talk more." I said to him if he did not want to speak much longer.

@Koga

"I don't know what you like. Just something probably how should I say it, I like to have fair trade," Azhoda remarked with a shrug. "I'm pretty easy-goin'," Koga admitted, "Like I said, you don't have to pay me anything, the exp is enough. Besides, my usual partner is off hunting I think, so I could use the company. Can't do better than a pretty, strong woman."

Wow...did those words actually just come out of Koga's mouth...that wasn't really like that. Maybe the two years of isolation finally got to Koga and tore down the last of his reservations. Only time would tell.

"Okay, your lost I guess, But I was not planning to stick around here much longer. Just need someone to help me fight some floor bosses, I already did some research on them and know how to kill them fast. I can take them all as My damage output in near 100."

...Floor bosses?...damage output...one hundred?! What in the hell, that was more than double than what Koga could currently do. The woman stood up, only about an inch shorter than himself, and grabbed the glaive from her back, offering a hand to shake as she introduced herself. "Pleasure to meet you Shior. You can call me Koga," he said, introducing himself as he shook her hand. The woman opened her map briefly and Koga assumed it was to figure out where the dungeons were. Turned out she was just using a search function that Koga never even knew existed. "Wow, two years and you'd think I'd figure out that was there..."

"Because I don't want to stand in favor I'll just take you there, or not if you want to talk more." Koga blinked in surprise for a moment, "No floor bosses then? You sure? I don't mind...as long as I come back alive that is."

@Azhoda

I was surprised as ever hearing him like this that he did not know there was this simple of a feature in the game, That made it really clear to me that he was really just getting ready to start doing things. "I won't be risking your life now, maybe a later day. Just so you know I won't let you go hunting with me until I get to know you, I have learned from my mistakes and Don't want another person dying because of me," I said to him sounding very serious and didn't even flints as I said this. It would almost seem like I didn't care someone died for me. "But we can talk, I have nothing to do, So Koga right," I said to him a friendly smile.

I took a few steps and turned to him, "Follow me please, I want to be in a less crowded place, We can talk while walking," I said grabbing his arm and taking him with me without even asking if he wanted me to do so. I was holding his arm now as we walked to a place I wanted to be at, "So, Koga, If I may ask how old are you, you look quite young to me," I asked him letting go of his arm and walked a few steps in front of him walking backward still holding my glaive in my hand. "And also, You seem to be low level, why did you wait so long to start going out there and adventure to gain levels?" I said to him tilting my head a bit.

@Koga

Koga was definitely just getting his feet wet when it came to the game. Under normal circumstances, he would've dived right in, playing and learning as much as he could about the game. But nothing about this game was normal. Hell, it was a game in name only.

"I won't be risking your life now, maybe a later day. Just so you know I won't let you go hunting with me until I get to know you, I have learned from my mistakes and Don't want another person dying because of me," Shior said with a serious and grave tone. "That's fair. I can relate to that sentiment a bit too well, unfortunately," Koga replied, looking at the ground for a moment.

Before Koga even knew what was going on Shior had taken hold of Koga's arm and started pulling him away. Koga put his hands in his pokcets as they began to walk, allowing the flame-haired woman to loop her arm through his own. "So, Koga, If I may ask how old are you, you look quite young to me," Shior asked. "I'm twenty," Koga answered her. "Now I know you shouldn't ever ask a lady her age, but how old are you? You don't really seem that much older than me."

As to Shior's second question...the muscles in Koga's jaw grew taut as he mulled over how best to put it. "Well...same reason as a lot of other people I guess. I watched my friends die right in front of my eyes. I didn't ever wanna go through that again. I knew if I went to the frontlines like I had originally planned, I'd somehow end up making friends and then it would happen all over again. People die, that's just how it goes." Koga looked back up at Shior with a determined look in his eyes, "But I'm done feeling sorry for myself. I'm gonna grind my ass off and get to the frontlines. I'm gonna help clear this game."

@Azhoda

Listening to him a bit I nodded as he spoke, Sure I can understand that but ... why, "Well I never have felt that fear, Only once have I felt fear but that was when I nearly got killed by a player." I said to him like it was no big deal at all. "I guess some people are just weak and scared," I said almost saying it like an insult to others.  As we walked I looked at the time in the corner of my viewing screen. "Um my age, I was 24 when I started playing the game that would make me 26 now if time is right," I said to him not really caring about how to treat a lady If I could see myself as a lady like with all the engineering.

"My boss would say that I have acted dumb again, Like always. But I'm not dumb, Not even near it at all. I would say my co-workers are dumb for wasting their time going home, and some players here on floor 1 is dumb as well for staying here too long." It sounded like I was getting around some small insults to people, but I was a bit naive for sure. It was clear that I may have been getting stuff out and about but well I take very bad care for myself as at that right moment that my stomach growled quite loud. At the same moment however My expression turned into one hell of an exhausted and tired face.

@Koga

"Well I never have felt that fear, Only once have I felt fear but that was when I nearly got killed by a player. I guess some people are just weak and scared," Shior said. Koga blinked in surprise. "You're telling me you've never been afraid to lose someone you cared about?" the man asked in astonishment. Koga had met few people in his life who'd said such a thing. The one's that he did, usually were either lying, or sociopaths. Koga wasn't sure which one Shior was yet.

"My boss would say that I have acted dumb again, Like always. But I'm not dumb, Not even near it at all. I would say my co-workers are dumb for wasting their time going home, and some players here on floor 1 is dumb as well for staying here too long."

"Can you blame them though?" Koga asked, surprisingly even-toned, considering he was among the number who had stayed on Floor One so far, "People are afraid to die. Some people just aren't cut out to be warriors and soldiers. There's nothing wrong with that."

@Azhoda

I looked at him a bit confused, "Soldier, Warriors. I don't see myself holding a gun as a job, Tho I know how to shoot, And I'm also not a warrior at all so... I blame them, I am neither of them and why would you waste your time then. I go out risking my life for a promise most would not even try to hold, It is just determination and If you don't have that then go waste your time for all I care. You don't become something if you do nothing and just sit in fear of failing." I said sounding cold and harsh tone almost like I really did not care about people, but I was just a bit Naive at best.

Looking at Koga now I smiled innocent, "Well Koga, I wanted to get some food as I have had nothing since two days ago. And I can use some food for sure, so here we are," I said holding my hand out to a small restaurant on the side of the street. Taking Koga's arm and dragging him in with me without asking if he wanted to come with me. Taking seats sitting down on a chair and looking at the menu "Come on sit down Koga," I said looking up from the menu a bit.

@Koga

Koga listened to what Azhoda had to say, a troubled look on his face. He understood where she was coming from...kind of...but at best it was an immature and ignorant point of view, and at worst, selfish. There really wasn't anyway Koga could get through to her if he didn't understand what he was trying to say, so for now, the man just gave it up.

Onto happier things then. Apparently, Shior was famished...okay, famished was an understatement in this case..."Two days?" the man said in disbelief...he could hardly go one day without getting hungry. Admittedly, they couldn't actually feel hunger here, but you know...eating food was nice. The woman practically dragged Koga into a nearby restaurant and sat him down at a table. "Well, I admit," Koga said, "when you know what you want, you really go at it. That's a trait you don't find in too many people, I think." Koga picked up the menu and started looking through it for anything that sounded decent. "So, why are you looking to clear floor bosses down here anyways?" Koga asked idly. He supposed he never really got an answer to that question to begin with, might as well bring it up now and see where it took him.

@Azhoda

Looking at the menu I went on and tabbed the menu and a waiter came walking up asking what I and Koga wanted for food. "Ooh, can I have a sandwich with egg, cheese, steak, and jerky as well with a glass of water. What do you want Koga?" I said to him waiting for him to order as well. As the waiter took Koga's order as well he walked off and I got back to the conversation.

Koga said something I heard quite a bit during my work and my whole life, "Aw, I um... Thanks, I guess. I don't know how to respond to that so sorry if I just hurt your feelings," I said to him with a weak smile. As he then asked why I wanted to go after the floor bosses, and I went down with my head a bit noticing what I have been saying. "Um... Oops, I'm sorry, I mean Field bosses, Like the Nepent on this floor and a wasp on the second floor. And the reason why. They give quite a boost in your EXP plus that you get items from them as well so I am out for that." I said to him taking a short break, "I already have a plan as I did all the quests on this floor, I'll go to floor two and defeat the Field boss there, a Wasp queen or something like that," I said to him waiting for the food now

@Koga

Azhoda ordered and egg and cheese sandwich, steak and jerky...man, this girl could eat. When it was Koga's turn to order he smiled up at the waiter, "Caprese panini for me, thank you." The man turned over the menu and the waiter walked off soon after.

When Shior apologized, Koga shrugged, "Naw, don't worry about it. Everyone has their opinions." The conversation moved forward, "Oops, I'm sorry, I mean Field bosses, Like the Nepent on this floor and a wasp on the second floor. And the reason why. They give quite a boost in your EXP plus that you get items from them as well so I am out for that."

"Oh, I see. I've actually been working on getting through all the bosses slowly myself. It's a bit of a grind, but hey, whatever get's me up to the next level and eventually to the frontlines."

Shior told Koga about how she had a plan and how she'd already killed all the field bosses on this floor. Next on her hit list, the Wasp Queen. "Oh yeah, I heard about her. Big bugger, no pun intended. I'm almost to level eight actually, was thinking about going to hunt her down."

@Azhoda

The waiter came back with the orders giving both Koga and Shior what they ordered. I looked like an angry wolf staring at the food and started eating right away. If you thought all girls eat nice and quiet or even elegant and did not mess up, Well you have not seen me yet. Taking a bite out of the food like a beast even leaving some sauce on my cheek. Half of the sandwich was already gone as I looked up at Koga again. "Well, they are really not hard, to be honest, And I promised someone to always stay with someone when hunting for levels to grind. so If you want you and I can start setting out a map for what to do, I would advise tho to keep close so we both know when we are going to level. You don't mind sharing a room in an inn I hope as we travel the floors up and down?" I said to him really not paying attention that this may sound a bit weird for someone of his age.

While Koga was thinking about his answer I kept eating my food, It was really good to eat something in such a long time like it has been two days without getting food at all. Maybe three days without getting sleep. Ooh, man, lucky my co-workers, boss or parents didn't know I was doing this, I would have been schooled by them from bottom to top, like no mercy at all.

@Koga

When the waiter set the food down in front of the two players, Shior dug in with a wild abandon. Thankfully for her, most of the women in Koga's life ate just as messily, if not more so than he did...usually the latter too. The man didn't even bat an eye as he picked up his own sandwich and began to dig in. Thank god that the world replicated taste as well...this was so good!

"Well, they are really not hard, to be honest, And I promised someone to always stay with someone when hunting for levels to grind. so If you want you and I can start setting out a map for what to do," Shior said, to which Koga nodded as he attempted to swallow his mouthful of food without choking to respond, "That sounds good to me. Might as well have some idea of what we'll be fighting beforehand."

"I would advise tho to keep close so we both know when we are going to level. You don't mind sharing a room in an inn I hope as we travel the floors up and down?" Koga shook his head this time. Surely they could be mature adults about this, couldn't they? "I'm fine with it as long as you are. Not gonna say 'no' to sharing a room with a pretty woman," he replied in the most matter-of-fact tone.

@Azhoda

Well, now that I have him fully on my team to hunt these field bosses I think its best to go and start making plans. "For a fact, I know that the Queen is weak and can be killed with one attack from my weapon, And after that, I think the rest of Floor 2 is not that hard either. Heard of a guest that could give some small amount of col, And I don't believe I can do The Venomous Warg anymore So that would leave the quest on floor 2 cleared so far." I said to him as I started eating again this time finishing the food that was placed before me. There was some sauce on my cheek that I didn't notice and it kept there for the time.

I did not really pay attention to his low key flirting, maybe I did but how the hell do you respond to that if you didn't care about love in the first place. "So no problem in sharing the room at the inns and that means we can start of very soon, I know the location of the quests from Floor 2, but if you want to prepare that is alright, I be at the inn if you want to prepare or I can come with you if needed," I said to him looking straight and without a smile to him being quite serious about this at all times.

@Koga

"For a fact, I know that the Queen is weak and can be killed with one attack from my weapon, And after that, I think the rest of Floor 2 is not that hard either. Heard of a guest that could give some small amount of col, And I don't believe I can do The Venomous Warg anymore So that would leave the quest on floor 2 cleared so far."

"That's pretty detailed. Sounds like easy exp to me. What's the catch?" Koga asked as he took another bite of his sandwich. "I mean, why would you wanna run these with a low level pleb like me?" It seemed like a fair question. Azhoda would probably get more experience out of running the quests on the higher floors.

"So no problem in sharing the room at the inns and that means we can start of very soon, I know the location of the quests from Floor 2, but if you want to prepare that is alright, I be at the inn if you want to prepare or I can come with you if needed." The man shook his head in response, "I've got all my gear already. I'm ready to go whenever you are."

@Azhoda

Nice That means that I have a partner for this, Better be saver with more people then going alone. "Well to say it easy, I want to help people but they seem to move away from me because I am a higher level, Don't know why but I feel like I don't do much to upset them," I say to him really not knowing why people did not want to travel with me. "to the truthfully, Your the first person that wants to help me after a while," I said to him.

But hearing he was already done and ready to go made my day, even more, it was still quite early and I did not have much to do either. "Well I'll pay for the meal and we can get going I guess, Its best if we then move now and start doing this quest faster, The teleporter up and to floor two I guess," I said as I opened a window and entered something as the waiter came up I paid the col and stood up taking Koga by the hand dragging him out of the restaurant and into the direction of the teleporter.

@Koga

"Well to say it easy, I want to help people but they seem to move away from me because I am a higher level, Don't know why but I feel like I don't do much to upset them, to the truthfully, Your the first person that wants to help me after a while."
"Well for one, telling aforementioned low level players that they're all cowards for being low level and not having gone out to level yet is a pretty big one," Koga said bluntly with a deadpan look. Did Shior really not understand how that worked? Frankly, that was a fact that baffled Koga. "You're just lucky I'm a really patient man, or at least that's what I'm told."

"Well I'll pay for the meal and we can get going I guess, Its best if we then move now and start doing this quest faster, The teleporter up and to floor two I guess." Before Koga could protest and try pay, the woman had already done so and was already dragging him out the door...this was going to be interesting.

@Azhoda