[F01-PP->SP] Exploring the Cave <<First few lessons no.3>>

A strong and powerful attack coming from NIGHT, dropping the cave guardian's health bar straight down into the red. Lonzo has also suffered some damage from the monster's attack, although he looks worst for wear, but it seems that his health bar is still holding up for the moment. Nora turns her attention back to the cave guardian and watches as Yukiro attempts to attack the cave guardian. With such low health from the monster, they should be able to finish it off soon, this might now have been as difficult as she has originally thought it to be.

Taking a deep breath, Nora quickly closes in at the cave guardian, following up on Yukiro's attack. Her eyes widen in shock as the cave guardian turns around and with one large wide swing, managed to completely blocked her attack and pushed her back to the line all in the same move. It wasn't even finished as he turns his attack onto NIGHT instead. The shift of stance from defensive to offensive was instant as it let out a sharp cry and bash its weapon on top of NIGHT. It looks like a critical!

"NIGHT!! Are you alright?!" Nora calls out in shock, can't believed what just happened right in front of her.

ID# 129620 results:

Battle: 1

MOB: 10

Cave Guardian | HP: 4/20  | DMG: 5 | Hate: NIGHT (2), Lonzo (1), Nora (0), Yukiro (0)

@Lonzo

Edited by Nora
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lonzo felt blinded by the lights around him. Everything was flashing different colors and disorienting him completely. It was almost better not to attack and yet he couldn't do that. He heard Nora scream out for NIGHT. He could hear so many things. If the mob was going after NIGHT it meant he lost the monster's attention and he had to get it back. He raised his axe and it was lodged into the wall of the cave. He sighed annoyed. He'd have to close his eyes next time, maybe he'd use his other sense.

"This is awful I can't see. Sorry guys I'm not useful in this situation." Lonzo was becoming increasingly worried about his allies. He wouldn't back out of the area though, he had no reason to do that. He was pretty stubborn when it came to these things. Which might not be in his best interest at all. "I'm changing my tactics on this thing if I have to next time," he said narrowing his eyes and trying to listen. He could almost feel his pupils widen and shrink from the constant shift in light.

@NIGHT

129646 3 7 5 7

Lonzo attempts basic attack and fails 3 - 1acc
Lonzo HP: 69/120    Lonzo Energy 9/12

Edited by Lonzo

A quick blow down on her -- NIGHT hadn't exactly envisioned this happening, but she was grateful her broadsword had blocked most of the damage. Her combat stance was awkward in many other scenarios, but this once it was perfect for defending her from the attack.

As the guardian bore its weight down further against her blade, she countered with her own strength, shoving its arm off of her weapon with a loud grunt. In a sprint, she ran up against where she imagined the creature to be and with one yell and a strike, it seemed to stagger with a groan, before collapsing backwards, the rubble it was made out of tumbling down by the sides of the room.

"Phew," NIGHT breathed, still not able to see in the darkness. "I'm fine, don't worry," she called out to the darkness, sheathing her blade. "We made quick work of that thing," the player commented, with a wholehearted trust in her allies. "Good job, guys."

@Yukiro

Cave Guardian attacks NIGHT!
5 + 2 = 7 DMG | 7 - 17 = 1 DMG

ID: 129651 | BD: 6 (5, +2, -1) | CD: 12
> Recovery was activated. (+2 EN)
Basic Attack vs Cave Guardian. (-4 DMG)

Cave Guardian | HP: 0/20 (-4) | DMG: 5 | Hate: NIGHT (2), Lonzo (1), Nora (0), Yukiro (0)

NIGHT | HP: 189/140 (-1) | EN: 13/14 (+1, +2, -1) | DMG: 4 | MIT: 17 | ACC: 2 | RECOVERY: 2 | THORNS: 1

Edited by NIGHT
Spoiler

Cave Guardian 2: HP 20 Dmg 5 (50 on first hit)
ID# 129688 | BD: 4 (5-1)
Yukiro: HP 200/200 | EN 16/20 (+1-2)
Cave Guardian 2: HP 20/20

Spoiler

Yukiro current stats: Lvl 10, HP 200, EN 20, DMG 7, MIT 18, EVA 3, REG/FRZ/BRN/BLT 1

Yukiro sighed as NIGHT managed to cut through the stone giant and reduce it's HP to zero. "Gotta love how you can't tell which rock is the rock that's trying to kill you. Good job, NIGHT." 
As he spoke he leaned back against another rock the was just tall enough for him to do so. "So, now all we have to do is get some shiny rocks, right? Then we can finish this up and go home, I think," he said, trying not to sound like he was complaining. Though he was frustrated by the lack of light in the cave making him unable to hit anything. Oh well thou--
The rock he had been leaning on began to move. Ah, it was another cave guardian. 
"What do you want, you oversized chunk of GRAVEL!" he cried, punting the giant stone guardian a little bit away. 
It hurt his foot. And he realized that he could no longer just swing in front of him and guarantee a hit. 

@Nora

Edited by Yukiro

Nora took a sigh of relief and straighten herself up, she looks around the room and find that everyone is still more or less alright. That was the first cave guardian and she has got a gem stone too. If she recalls the quest requirement correctly, they each need one gem stone and they each need to defeat one cave guardian. That in a weird way is 1/4 complete. "That's good...that wasn't so bad. But I don't think we can get off from this cave so easily. Lonzo, Yukiro, remember to use your safeguard potion here, they won't be any use to you after this cave so may as well use it now."

Nora examine the cave closer, trying to see if there are any other entrance or exit when Yukiro triggers another cave guardian. "What...?" Nora almost jumped when the cave guardian came to life, quickly, without much time to think, she strikes her sword against the cave guardian. Landing a basic attack against it.

ID# 129852 results:

Battle: 4 (+3 ACC -1 ACC) <<hit>>

Nora: 

Nora 100 HP; 5/10 EN ; DMG 3; ACC 3; EVA 1; MIT 0 + newbie quest potion; Paraysis

Cave guardian: HP: 17/20 | DMG: 50/5 (on first attack only); Hate Yukiro 0; Nora 1; Lonzo 0; NIGHT 0

@Lonzo

Edited by Nora

" I'll use it after we get rid of this thing. No point in using it now, it's not hitting nearly as hard you know. Though who knows it might do it again. Lets hope not or it was nice knowing all of you." He was pretty positive at this point he wouldn't be able to hit the cave monster at all. Part of him hated knowing that because he couldn't afford to let the others die on his watch. He went out and bought things to make it so he'd be the one taking the hits and yet it wasn't working. Maybe if he closed his eyes instead. He sighed and closed his eyes to try and listen for the cave guardian. He got ready to do a sword art. He hoped he'd get lucky and be able to actually hit the thing. He concentrated his attack and his axe began to glow with his sword art as he rushed forwards and struck the cave guardian 3 times.
I got it! "It's weak now finish it off!" Lonzo shouted.

129908 9 11 12 8

I lost the crit due to darkness but bleed still hits on even an 8 <3
17-12 =5hp left

Lonzo uses 

Ultimate Breaker (4) 3 = 12 dmg (Bleed for 2 turns for 12 damage)
Lonzo HP: 69/120    Lonzo Energy 6/12
Cave guardian:
 HP: 5/20 | DMG: 50/5 (on first attack only); Hate Yukiro 0; Nora 1; Lonzo 0; NIGHT 0

@NIGHT

Edited by Lonzo

A bright flash told her where their next mark was. Except, it disappeared as quickly as she took note of it. Rushing over, she stumbled, wondering where the team was.

"It's weak, now finish it off!"

"I sure hope so," NIGHT called out in response, "I wouldn't want anyone's blood to be spilled in here -- seems like a terrible place to die."

As much as she tried, however, she couldn't sense the Cave Guardian anywhere. It was as big as the previous one, right? Wasn't Yukiro over by it when it first came up? Where was everyone? She strained her eyes to see in the darkness, but ended up empty, and brought down her blade to air instead, almost falling over from the weight of it. Dammit.

Didn't Lonzo not use the Safeguard Potion? She checked her dull interface, watching his health near the 50% mark. NIGHT hoped whoever struck next, they'd do it quick, before the man's health dropped down to the red.

@Yukiro

ID: 129943 | BD: 4 (3, +2, -1)
NIGHT missed!

Cave Guardian | HP: 5/20 | DMG: 5 | Hate: Lonzo (2), Nora (1), Yukiro (0), NIGHT (0)

NIGHT | HP: 189/140 | EN: 12/14 (+1, -2,) | DMG: 4 | MIT: 17 | ACC: 2 | RECOVERY: 2 | THORNS: 1

Edited by NIGHT
Spoiler

Cave Guardian 2: HP 20 Dmg 5 (50 on first hit)
ID# 130120 | BD: 6 (7-1) MD: 3
Yukiro: HP 200/200 | EN 16/20 (+1-1) 
Cave Guardian 2: HP 5/20 (-7)

"Lonzo, Yukiro, remember to use your safeguard potion here, they won't be any use to you after this cave so may as well use it now." 
Yukiro nodded, but of course nobody noticed in the darkness.
"I wouldn't want anyone's blood to be spilled in here -- seems like a terrible place to die," Night said.
"I think we can all agree to that," Yukiro agreed. 
He listened to the final sound of an attack landing against the monster, and so rushed in with his own sword. Lonzo called for someone to finish it off-- no need to worry about that. Yukiro's sword (finally) found it's mark, cutting through the stone giant like butter. The beast's near invisible HP bar dropped to red until the thing shattered in the dark. 
"Got it," Yukiro called out to everyone, "Is everyone okay? Anyone need some time to heal up?" 
Lonzo did for sure, but he didn't think anybody else needed to. 

@Nora

Edited by Yukiro

"Got it," Yukiro called out to everyone, "Is everyone okay? Anyone need some time to heal up?" 

Nora shook her head at that, "I think we should continue and finish off whatever monsters left in this cave quickly, before more reinforcement arrives. It looks like we all still have some relatively decent health bar left, as long as we rotate between who tanks and who doesn't none of us would really be in any danger here. I haven't suffer from any damage against me yet so I can tank if needed. But remember that all of us need to pick up a gem stone too, please be sure to pick one up before we leave the cave. So...two more cave guardians to go?"

Nora smirks, she was a little bit of uneasy when she first enter the fight, but it looks like everything was going along still relativelly fine. There are gem stones scatter around the cave, Nora picked up one random gem stone and throws it towards NIGHT. "Here! Take this one!"

Immeditately afterwards, a cave guardian drops down from the ceiling. Nora couldn't see it but she has a pretty good guess on where it is base on the sound and vibration of when it hits the ground. Nora ready her sword and charge forward, landing a basic attack on the cave guardian.

Cave guardian: 

Cave Guardian 3: HP 20 Dmg 5 (50 on first hit)

ID# 130767 results: Battle: 8

Cave Guardian 3: HP 17/20 DMG 5: Hate Nora 1, everyone else 0

@Lonzo

Edited by Nora

"i wouldn't mind resting for a bit to get back my en-" Lonzo was cut off by another cave guardian. He knelt down and got his sword art ready and as he swung he managed to hit a stalagmite like rock formation on the ground. His axe sparked from striking the immortal object which made Lonzo jolt. At first the knight like character assumed the thing he just hit was the moment, and if it was immortal what would that really mean for them?! However he heard the creature move away from where the immortal object popup was located and he relaxed, and completely failed to realize he missed his target that badly and anyone could actually see where he was aiming. Which was no where near the enemy. He started to belittle himself in smash and growled pinching the bridge of his nose. Afterwards he got ready to fight again. At this rate he doubted there would be an item that could help him aim at this rate. "Nevermind we can rest after this thing has been delt with." Lonzo huffed.

130827 1 2 5 10

Lonzo uses Ultimate Breaker - misses
Lonzo HP: 69/120    Lonzo Energy 5/12

@NIGHT

Edited by Lonzo

A check-in from Yukiro, an advisory call from Nora, and an interrupted request from Lonzo.

"Here! Take this one!"

Who? Oh--

Miraculously, NIGHT caught a glimpse of a glint in the darkness, and ran over to catch the jewel. It landed in her hands from its tumble mid-air, and the large diamond-shaped item was then kept into her inventory. She'd have a good look at that later.

Another violent thud shaking the ground. Her party members must've been hard at work already, best not to keep them waiting. Slinging her sword to the side, she rushed up towards it with a bright glow of her sword, slicing through what she could only hope to be its back with her blade.

When she skid to a halt, its health bar on its interface seemed to lower. "Just a little bit more," she informed, "It's in the orange right now."

And for good measure, NIGHT took a defensive stance once again.

@Yukiro

ID: 129943 | BD: 6 (5, +2, -1) | CD: 6
> Recovery was activated. (+2 EN)
<<Straight>> vs Cave Guardian.
4 * 2 = 8 DMG

Cave Guardian | HP: 9/20 (-8) | DMG: 50/5 | Hate: NIGHT (1), Nora (1), Yukiro (0), Lonzo (0)

NIGHT | HP: 189/140 | EN: 12/14 (+1, +2, -2) | DMG: 4 | MIT: 17 | ACC: 2 | RECOVERY: 2 | THORNS: 1

Edited by NIGHT
Spoiler

Lvl 10, HP 200, EN 20, DMG 7, MIT 18, EVA 3, REG/FRZ/BRN/BLT 1
HP 200/200 | EN 16/20
ID# 130981 | BD: 5 (6-1)
Cave Guardian: HP 9/20 | Hate: Nora (1) NIGHT (1) Lonzo (0) Yukiro (0)

"I think we should continue and finish off whatever monsters left in this cave quickly, before more reinforcement arrives. It looks like we all still have some relatively decent health bar left, as long as we rotate between who tanks and who doesn't none of us would really be in any danger here. I haven't suffer from any damage against me yet so I can tank if needed. But remember that all of us need to pick up a gem stone too, please be sure to pick one up before we leave the cave. So...two more cave guardians to go?" 
Nora grabbed a gem and tossed it to NIGHT. "Here! Take this one!" 
Another stone giant came to life within the darkness. Yukiro could hear when Nora and NIGHT both managed to hit the thing and, squinting, he could make out the barely full HP bar of the Cave Guardian. 
Lonzo and Nora still need to get one. I'll stand down. 
Yukiro took a step back. "I'll let Nora and Lonzo take this one out, alright?" 

@Nora

Edited by Yukiro
  • 3 weeks later...

Lonzo sighed pretty tired already and thought about bringing out a potion but the guardian was still in front of them. He looked over at Yukiro. Why would he stay back? He narrowed his eyes at where he thought the guardian was. He ran forwards and tried to attack the cave guardian. There was no time for a potion that was obvious. The faster it died the quicker work they made of it. He took in a deep breath narrowed his eyes again. He wasn't about to quit. They were so close to actually completing this one. He had to strike it and down it so he could take a second to heal up to soak up the next 50 damage with a potion, or at least drink a normal potion. So he tried to search for an ore pocket on the cave guardian. He squeezed the throat of his axe and tried to swing using Ultimate Breaker again. 
As he pushed forwards he felt his axe connect and he swung again and again until the monster shattered.

"Fancy, got it." 
he smiled at the others and put his axe over his shoulder. "There we go." he huffed "Can I have a minute to use my potion so I don't get totally axed out on the next attack? Feel me guys?"

132601 8 1 19 1

HP 69/120   
Lonzo Energy 3/12

MIT 26
DMG 4 
ACC -1 (Because of the cave)
Weapon 
Two-Handed rare Axe
      - 2 bleed Effect: Natural critical attack rolls of 9-10 (1 slot) or natural successful attack rolls of 8-10 (2 slots) deal (12 * Tier) unmitigated bleed damage each enemy turn for 2 turns. Bleed damage does not stack, but can be refreshed.
Armor 
Black Onyx Armor: 1thorns (9dmg on normal melee hits against me) Mit2 (18dmg mit)
Sword Arts
Inventory
Safeguard Potion
4 overheal potion
3 starter healing potions
1 Dmg +1 potion

Cave Guardian: HP 9/20 | Hate: Nora (1) NIGHT (1) Lonzo (0) Yukiro (0)

Lonzo hits the cave guardian 4*3 = 12 - 9 = 0/20

Edited by Lonzo

"Sure," NIGHT barked back in the darkness. "Who's got the gems so far? Me, Nora, Yukiro...?" She tilted her head, trying to recall, bringing out the shiny rock from earlier and examining it while cast in shadows. The artisan squinted, running her skin down its form, trying to make out the edges and rough surfaces of the crystal. She'd squint, of course, a futile attempt to pick up its colour. "So I think that just leaves you, Lonzo. We'll hear when the guardian gets up, don't worry about it."

"That just kinda leaves us with the exit, right? Uh..." The woman paused, taking a step forward gingerly, before realizing the challenge of directions in a near-empty void. Two coughs from her to clear her throat. "... I don't suppose any of you know where the exit's located, do you? I've been moving around so much, I... can't remember where it is right now..."

@Yukiro

Spoiler

NIGHT | HP: 189/140 | EN: 13/14 (+1) | DMG: 4 | MIT: 17 | ACC: 2 | RECOVERY: 2 | THORNS: 1

• 4 months later...

Incidentally, NIGHT took the road less traveled by.

When it came light (or dark) to the adventurer that her friends had already proceeded in a different direction, it was night out. Only the stars that littered the sky outside the cave lit her way back to town, the would-be warrior grumbling about getting lost in her own thoughts and it 'being too dark to see down there'.

Never again. If she had to head down somewhere as dark and cold and silent as that cave again, she'd better ready herself for that scenario then.

What time was it? A glance at her interface told her it was past evening. Had she been absent for that long? The passing of time was strange to her when she was in her haze. How she settled back into her swirling train of thoughts was a question with an answer far beyond what she could provide.

And hence, she found herself silent, a lack of complaints as she wandered back into town.

The warm glow of the streets passed her by as she paced upon the pavement, her eyes having lost track of the stars up above. Nothing to do, now that her party had headed home. And here she thought that maybe they would look for her. Did she say something about looking into the cavern alone?

Maybe. It seemed so long ago that she'd forgotten. If she had, then why exactly was there the lingering feeling of loneliness when she's just as easily brushed them off?

Emotions were complicated. In the dark, if she were to remain isolated, they would only be amplified.

The jewel in her pocket still remained. NIGHT was pressed to hold onto it, grip fast and tight, unwavering as she urged herself to head to the quest giver. It would've made for a nice jewelry piece, she let herself hiss out in her mind, before forcing herself to rush faster. Better to get the item out of her inventory than suffer with it while it was still there.

For some reason, Hannah was still manning her own booth, a little cubby hole more than a store, edged into a larger building by the side of the main road. Had her friends been here? Maybe the artisan would know.

... Maybe the artisan could share her materials.

One clink of the jewel upon the glass counter, and NIGHT tilted her head to the side, watching the sketcher perk up from her sketchbook. "Oh, you got it?"

The player's only response was a nod.

"That's brilliant!" She set aside her papers, brimming with excitement. Two delicate fingers picked up the gemstone, its light barely shimmering with the lighting -- sometimes quests were better completed in the day. Envy seared through the warrior once again, gloved hand upon the counter clenched in a fist, as Hannah continued to coo over her prized possession.

It should've been NIGHT's.

"It looks good! Everything's still in tact -- thank you for getting it for me!"

Another reply, a single hum, the player visibly getting agitated by her quest giver's excitement as she pulled her own hand off the counter.

So, there was the matter of payment. Hannah placed the jewel into a collection by the side -- one box tainted black, with red fabric lacing its insides. Three shelves that extended and retracted as needed, a one-of-a-kind display set for jewelers trying to impress their would-be clients.

NIGHT was, decidedly, not impressed. Her focus rested on the container and its various coloured materials as the artisan ducked down to rifle through her display case, picking out two different items. One a ring, gold band and red ruby encrusted at the top. The other was an amulet in the silhouette of a cat, a glossy emerald stuck to its center, the necklace too big and gaudy to carry.

"Here! You should take one of these. Think of it as compensation for your efforts!"

There was really no need for the formality, NIGHT thought. Her own works were already better than the enhancements provided by these trinkets. Still, it was a matter of moving the quest line forward.

So she took one. The amulet, specifically. Mostly because it was large enough that she wouldn't lose track of it, perhaps, if she were to discard it to a merchant later on. Would it be identifiable by a different player, perhaps? NIGHT was hoping not. But then again, they might understand her plight. Player-made crafts were much better these days, surely it was alright to let the necklace fade away into money.

"Ah, the amulet! A fine choice, miss!"

It was at this point that NIGHT realized she hadn't said anything, staying tight-lipped. Was it the brooding? It definitely had to be. She appreciated how Cardinal's constructs never minded. Her quietness was mostly due to her envy though.

Hannah tucked away the ring back into its tray, closing the display's sliding door with a quiet click. "Right! Now, onto other business. Kind traveler, may you perhaps be up for one more errand?"

One more quest. Would they ever end? Perhaps, this being the last one. Even so, the player figured she should quit her griping -- it meant more experience for her; so sure, she was down. NIGHT nodded, and Hannah understood, shooting her a bright smile in return. "Great! So, let's see..."

The crafter checked around the back of her cubby -- a handful of large crates, one's lid shafted aside, and a white cardboard box hauled out from its insides to be placed upon the counter. "This one," Hannah explained, "should go to Ol' Pete, down by the lake out the fields. Think you can handle that? Be brave now; you've already gone out of town a handful of times, haven't you?"

Don't patronize me...

NIGHT huffed, before grumbling, picking up the delivery with two hands and whisking it back into her inventory. Hannah seemed to take it as a sign of acceptance, and bowed her head low in a gesture of thanks. The player grunted in return, a reflex of acknowledgement, before sauntering off to her workshop.

She could make the trip another day.