[F01-PP] <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> Let's Have some More Fun

Violet walked into the blacksmith's shop and dropped the package down onto the counter in front of an old man. The name over his head said "Lyle Tealeaf". Odd name, but okay. 

"Okay, old man, what is it that you need me to do?" she asked, not the most polite in tone or manner. 

"Oh, hello there, new player!" he said nicely. "Why thank you for delivering this package. Would you be able to go fetch three boar pup tusks that I need? It seems I've ran out of them, and I need them for a special project I'm working on. If you get me those items, I will also reward you quite well." He gave Violet a sweet smile. 

"Ugh, alright. I'll be back in an hour or so," she said while walking out the door. 

Once she was outside, she sent @Yukiro a message: 

Get over to that weird Tealeaf guy's shop. We have a quest to do.

-Violet Delta Smith

No please or thank you, as usual. 

Edited by Violet Smith
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get over to that weird Tealeaf guy's shop. We have a quest to do.

-Violet Delta Smith

... Guess I'd better go.
Yukiro had been laying on his usual bench in the Town of Beginnings. He didn't know why he was in such a bad mood today. He just was. Which meant that Violet would choose today of all days to invite him to join her on a quest. He didn't want to go. He didn't want to do anything. 
But it would be wrong to deny her request. Besides, if he didn't go, she'd probably track him down and do something awful to him. 
And so he rolled off the bench and stood up, walking down the main road to where he remembered Lyle's shop to be. Players seemed scarce for some reason. There wasn't much of a crowd, which made it easier to see the little ball of danger waiting for him.
Upon arriving he found Violet standing outside the shop. Her small frame appeared to be annoyed. 
"Hey. Second lesson?" he asked moodily. 

@Violet Smith

"Hey. Second lesson?" 

"Yup. You guessed it. Time for hell 2.0," she said, eyeing Yukiro curiously. "What? You wake up on the wrong side of the savanna?" she asked, making a reference to the giraffe comment from earlier. She couldn't help it, it was just too good of a jab to resist. Meanwhile she led the way over to the path leading out of the Town of Beginnings. She glared at the guards as they walked back. I'll be strong enough to kill you guys one day. 

After a couple minutes of walking, they reached a field where there were three boars waiting to be killed. "Uh, you just wait over there or something while I kill these guys," she said, waving her hand away from the animals. "I don't want you stealing my loot." 

Violet turned her attention to the boar pup nearest to her. It hadn't seen her yet. She readied her blade (her spectacles already on) and charged towards the tiny piece of walking bacon. However, it was quicker than she thought and dodged her attack before she could hit it. Then it ran back behind her and hit her in the back, knocking her onto her knees. "Why, you-" she seethed. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

round accel vs. boar pup 1 (put "boar" in original role. my apologies)
Roll ID#: 128308
BD: 3 (-2 energy)
MD: 10 

boar pup 2 attack
Roll ID#: 128309
MD: 5 fail

boar pup 3 attack
Roll ID#: 128310
MD: 6 - 5 = fail

Violet: 80 - 1 = 79/80 HP | 8-2 = 6/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

Boar pup 1: 5/5 HP | 3 DMG
Boar pup 2: 5/5 HP | 3 DMG
Boar pup 3: 5/5 HP | 3 DMG

Spoiler

Sword Arts

Rank 1

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.

Edited by Violet Smith

"What? You wake up on the wrong side of the savanna?" 
Yukiro looked away and pulled his jacket tighter. He didn't feel like going for her jokes today. Not yet, at least. 

He let Violet lead him through the city and out the gates. She glared at something, but Yukiro didn't look to see what it was. It was a few minutes before thy reached the fields. There were three boars right near them. Yukiro was about to draw his sword when Violet stopped him.
"Uh, you just wait over there or something while I kill these guys. I don't want you stealing my loot." 
Yukiro nodded and moved a few feet away from where the fight was going to take place. Instead of standing at the ready, like he usually would, he just laid down in the grass and stared at the sky. She'd come get him when she needed him.

@Violet Smith

Violet glanced over. What is he doing? she thought, annoyed. She turned to face the first boar. I'll handle this first and then go teach him a lesson. She braced herself and then charged at full speed towards the first boar pup. She dodged one way and then the other, circling around the boar quickly and slashing at it twice, bringing it down to its knees. However, the third boar pup came up and hit her in her side, giving her a taste of her own medicine. She grimaced and spit at the beast. 

Next, she turned to face Yukiro. He's laying down in a situation like this?! She looked around, trying to find something to throw at him. Ah! She picked up a piece of dirt and threw it so it hit him right in the adam's apple. Bingo! "Hey! Wake up, you [censored]!" she yelled. "Relaxing like that and letting your guard down is a good way to get yourself killed," she said angrily, her voice low. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

round accel vs. boar pup 1
Roll ID#: 128315
BD: 8 
CD: 10 (recovery active)
2 * 2 = 4 DMG
MD: 2 fail

boar pup 2 attack
Roll ID#: 128317
MD: 5 fail

boar pup 3 attack
Roll ID#: 128318
MD: 7 - 1 = 6 success

Violet: 79 - 1 = 78/80 HP |  6 + 2 - 2 = 6/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

Boar pup 1: 5 - 4 = 1/5 HP | 3 DMG
Boar pup 2: 5/5 HP | 3 DMG
Boar pup 3: 5/5 HP | 3 DMG

Spoiler

Sword Arts

Rank 1

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.

Edited by Violet Smith
Spoiler

Boar Pups: HP 5 Dmg: 3
ID# 128323 | BD: 10
Yukiro: HP 200/200 | EN 19/20 (-1)
Boar 1: 1/5 HP 
Boar 2: 5/5 HP (-33)
Boar 3: 5/5 HP 

... The sky is pretty grey today. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets misty later. Or if it starts to rain.
Dark, grey clouds passed overhead. Yukiro's mind was neatly blank. He could hear the sounds of Violet's battle with the miniature boars. It sounded like a fun fight. But he wasn't allowed to get involved. He couldn't complain. Just laying there was--
A piece of dirt hit him in the throat.
"Hey! Wake up, you [censored]!" Violet yelled, "Relaxing like that and letting your guard down is a good way to get yourself killed."  she sounded angry. 
Me? Get killed? Here? 
As if to try and prove her point one of the boar pups began to rush him. Yukiro could hear it. It was coming from his lower right. Without rolling or sitting up Yukiro drew his sword and pointed it at the sky. 
Just a moment more.
Without looking he cleaved the sword down and through the approaching mob, killing it instantly. After he'd done that he let his sword remain stuck in the ground while he sat up. 
"... Yes. Sorry."

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

Violet screeched as he killed her boar pup. "You just took away my chance at looting that, you thoughtless worm!" she screamed as she raced over to him. She crouched down and brought his upper torso up towards her face, grabbing him by the top hem of his shirt. "You. Owe. Me," she said through gritted teeth, her eyes glowing red with an angry fire. She then dropped him back down to the ground, getting up and facing the first boar pup. 

She charged forward, her anger driving her. However, her emotions made her movements sloppy. She missed the first boar pup by a mile, and it took the chance to ram her in her side. Then the third boar pup came over and rammed her as she was falling to the ground. "Gah! You annoying things!" 

She turned attention back to Yukiro. "But they're not nearly as annoying as you. Laying there like a worthless worm. Get up and do something." 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar 1
Roll ID#: 128343
BD: 1 (fail) - 2 energy
CD: 11, recovery active
MD: 9 - 1 = 8

boar pup 3 attack
Roll ID#: 128344
MD: 8 - 1 =7

Violet: 78 - 2 = 76/80 HP |  6 + (2 -2) = 6/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

Boar pup 1: 1/5 HP | 3 DMG
Boar pup 2: 0/5 HP | 3 DMG

Spoiler

Sword Arts

Rank 1

Edited by Violet Smith

"You just took away my chance at looting that, you thoughtless worm!" Violet screamed. She grabbed Yukiro by his shirt and yanked his face close to hers. "You. Owe. Me," she said through gritted teeth, clearly very angry. Yukiro was dropped back down to the ground, Violet turning to face down the boar pups again. 
Yukiro closed his eyes for a moment. "I was just not getting myself killed," he complained quietly.
"Gah! You annoying thingsBut they're not nearly as annoying as you. Laying there like a worthless worm. Get up and do something."
Begrudgingly sitting up Yukiro pulled his sword out of the ground and sheathed it. 
"Do what, excatctly? Help you? If I hit these things, they die. If I don't hit them, I just lay here. Which do you want me to do? And what, exactly, do I owe you? You told me I would get myself killed, so I made sure I didn't! Make up your mind!"
Oops. He'd been a bit harsher than he'd intended. He bowed his head slightly. 
"Sorry."

@Violet Smith

Violet sighed. "Don't apologize, it's sad," she said, tossing around her blade restlessly. She hated to ask it, but she did anyways. "What's wrong with you today? Your dog die or something?" 

She didn't expect a full answer -- if he even gave one at all -- but she was nagged by a thought in her head that told her to check on him. It was kind of like the angel of good that sat on one shoulder was trying to tell her to act nicer. She hated it, but had obliged this single time. "Oh," she added, "that boar wouldn't have killed you anyways. I meant you need to look out for larger things that could kill the both of us." Right back to her usual condescending, snappy self.

She turned her attention back to the first boar pup as she waited for a response. "Okay, now it's your turn to die," she said, walking slowly towards the beast. As she approached it, the beast took off. She followed hot on its tail. However, as soon as she swung, the boar pup made a sharp turn that she couldn't follow. The darn things were so small that their turns were to quick and narrow for even Violet to keep up. She made a few curses at the failure. Meanwhile, that same annoying third boar pup came back behind her and hit her in the small of her back. Again, she let out a torrent of even more colorful curses. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar pup 1
Roll ID#: 128352
BD: 1 (-2 energy)
CD: 9 (+2 energy instead of +1)

boar pup 3 attack
roll ID#: 128353
MD: 9 attacks Violet

Violet: 76/80 HP |  6 - (2 - 2) = 6/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

Boar pup1: 1/5 HP | 3 DMG

Spoiler

Sword Arts

Rank 1

Edited by Violet Smith

"Don't apologize, it's sad. What's wrong with you today? Your dog die or something?" 
Was Violet... Being... Nice? Was Yukiro falling asleep? 
"Oh, that boar wouldn't have killed you anyways. I meant you need to look out for larger things that could kill the both of us." 
Ah, there it was. Her usual self. 
Yukiro let out what was a cross between a sigh and a shout. "It's nothing! Just bad memories. But..." 
Yukiro watched Violet start to chase a boar pup. A second one started to come up from behind her.
"Watch out behind you," he called out more casually than he'd intended. 
The small beast bashed into Violet's back. Yukiro sighed and got up.
"Are you sure you don't want me to reduce their numbers a bit more?" As he asked this he started walking closer to the action. "If not I can teach you how to stand up for yourself." 
Yukiro figured such an offer might be appreciated. Violet seemed like the kind of person who couldn't ask for help.

@Violet Smith

"If not I can teach you how to stand up for yourself." 

"I don't need help," she said defiantly. "I've always learned things by myself, even if it means learning the hard way. Also, it's not completely my fault that I keep missing. The game mechanics are being weird. I... I just need to get used to them." She didn't want help. She felt as though if she accepted it, that would make her less independent somehow. 

She attempted once more to hit the first boar pup, but to no avail. "I... I guess this game just hates me then," she said, discouraged. Lucky for her, the two boar pups seemed to have lost interest with her repetitive failed attempts at their lives, so they didn't even charge back or give a snort in her direction after she had finished her move. "I still don't want help," she sulked, sitting down in the grass and picking at a few blades next to her right leg. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128384
BD: 1
CD: 4 (no extra energy)

boar pup 3 attack
Roll ID#: 128385
MD: 2 Fail

Violet: 76/80 HP |  6 + 1 - 2 = 5/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

Edited by Violet Smith

Yukiro waited a very short distance away while Violet continued to try and strike the boar pups. Finally, after failing to hit one of the boar pups yet again, Violet stopped. 
"I... I guess this game just hates me then," she said, discouraged. Adding insult to injury, the boar pups seemed to deem her not a threat anymore. They wandered only a small ways off before continuing to graze. 
"I still don't want help," Violet sulked, sitting down and picking at the grass around her. 
... I guess I can wait. Put her over yourself, Yukiro. 
Yukiro approached Violet and sat down next to her. After a moment of thought, he flipped open his menu and summoned a small piece of chocolate cake. 
He held it out to her. "I was saving it for later, but... Here."
Yukiro continued more gently. "I'm pretty sure you don't, but if you ever want to talk to someone, I'll always be willing to listen. Or if you just feel the need to climb on someone," he finished with a smile. 

@Violet Smith

Violet's eyes grew wide as she saw the cake. She looked back up at Yukiro. Then the cake. Then Yukiro. "Ah! Thank you," she said as she took a bit of cake, eating half of it. She sighed happily. "Mmm that was really good..." Then she gave the rest over to Yukiro. "I hate to say it, but thank you," she said, glancing away as she did so. 

"Hm, that did seem to give me some energy though..." She flexed her muscles and dashed forwards. And missed. Again. At this point, she just let the other boar come up and hit her, knocking her over. She just lay there for a solid minute, then slowly got up and dragged her feet over towards Yukiro. She plopped herself in his lap and buried her face in his shirt. Next, she took a deep breath in and screamed into his shirt and chest. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128408
BD: 3 fail............
CD: 3 fail (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH)
MD: 2

boar pup 3 attack
Roll ID#: 128409
MD: 9

Violet: 76/80 HP |  5 + 1 - 2 = 4/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

Edited by Violet Smith

"Mmm that was really good..." Violet commented, handing half back to Yukiro. "I hate to say it, but thank you." She glanced away as she said it. 
Yukiro turned and hid a smile. He had to admit, she was a little cute. For a criminal, that is.
"Hm, that did seem to give me some energy though..." 
Violet charged the boar pups and missed her target yet again. Yukiro could see the defeat in her eyes. Her pride had clearly been shattered. She just let the other boar come up and knock her over. Violet laybed there for so long Yukiro was worried she'd been injured, but then she slowly got up and dragged her feet over towards Yukiro. He was right. Her spirit had been injured. He didn't question her as she plopped herself in his lap and buried her face in his shirt. 
On pure impulse Yukiro wrapped his arms around her and squeezed gently. Violet screamed into his chest, making Yukiro squeeze a little harder. 
"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." he whispered quietly to the defeated girl. 
He just stayed with Violet, hugging her.

@Violet Smith

A sniffle escaped from Yukiro's shirt as Violet hesitantly and slowly wrapped her arms around him in turn. She had been holding a lot of emotions in since the game had started, and now they were finally flowing out. She kept her face buried in his shirt so that he couldn't see her cry. That was one of her few fears: people seeing her cry. She didn't like appearing weak. In the real world, weakness could get you killed. Her body shook gently as she silently cried into his shirt, the material becoming a bit damp. 

After a couple of minutes had passed, she blindly pulled a handkerchief out of her inventory and put it over her face, wiping her tears as well as hiding her red eyes and swollen nose. "Thank you..." she said quietly. "I'm sorry for crying. It's just... been a lot since the game started... a lot to deal with." 

Meanwhile one of the boar pups wandered over and kicked her in the back. "Oof..." 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

boar pup 1 attack
Roll ID#: 128428
MD: 6 - 1 = 5 fail

boar pup 3 attack
Roll ID#: 128429
MD: 10 

Violet: 76 - 1 = 75/80 HP |  4 + 1 = 5/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

Edited by Violet Smith

Violet's body shook gently, silently crying into his shirt. Yukiro felt the material become damp as time went on. All he could do was keep holding her. 
After a long while Yukiro felt Violet pull something out of her inventory and put it over her face. It was a handkerchief, and she seemed to be trying to hide behind it. 
"Thank you..." she said quietly. "I'm sorry for crying. It's just... been a lot since the game started... a lot to deal with." 
A sudden flashback played through Yukiro's mind. He was at the Monument of Life, only two weeks into the game. He was staring at a certain name on the massive black stone. 
Yumi
And just as suddenly, he was looking at Violet again. 
... I understand...
"Violet," Yukiro looked at her still-covered face, "I know it's a cliche line, but... It takes strength to allow yourself to cry. Don't be sorry," Yukiro smiled at her, small tears in the corners of his eyes, "I'll always be there to cry on. Okay?"

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro

"I'll always be there to cry on. Okay?"

She lowered the handkerchief so that one could see her eyes. Her head tilted to the side as she looked at Yukiro. "You have white hair like him," was all she said and all she would say for the time being. "And... thank you," she struggled to say once more. The words still felt strange on her tongue. It wasn't often that she thanked anyone for anything. 

The handkerchief still over her face, she looked over at her shoulder to see what the boar pups were doing. "Let me just take care of these things and then we can speak more," she said quietly. Her demeanor now soft and calm. 

She did her best to charge after and chase the boar pups, but they were too quick for her to hit. "Hmph. I'll try to hit them next time," she said to Yukiro. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128430
BD: 2
CD: 6 (+2 energy)
MD: 4 fail

boar pup 3 attack
Roll ID#: 128431
MD: 6 - 1 = 5 fail

Violet: 75/80 HP |  5/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

Edited by Violet Smith

Violet's eye's became visible above her handkerchief, her head tilted to the side. 
"You have white hair like him."

Yukiro looked at her, puzzled but glad she was looking better.

"And... thank you." 
Yukiro processed the words for a moment, then smiled. "Anytime. And I mean that."

Violet looked over at the boar pups, the cloth still over her face. "Let me just take care of these things and then we can speak more," she said quietly. To Yukiro's surprise, her demeanor was soft and calm. 
Yukiro nodded. 
"Okay. I believe in you," he added without thinking. 
Watching her chase the boar pups was all he could do. Violet struggled to get the spry things. "Hmph. I'll try to hit them next time," Violet called back. Yukiro responded with a thumbs up and as big a grin as he could manage. 

@Violet Smith

Violet tried her best to aim for the first boar pup, but the handkerchief kept getting in the way of her vision as she ran. Yes, she was still too embarrassed to lower it from her face. And yes, she did run after the boar with one hand on her dagger and one hand holding the piece of cloth to her face. It was quite a sight to see. Both of the boar pups kept running away, just a bit too fast for violet to get. 

"I'm sorry that this is taking so long," she said to Yukiro, sighing heavily. "These things are just so tiny and fast. Why did the creator of this game make them so unbalanced in speed to us." 

Violet yawned behind her handkerchief. Crying always made her tired. She figured after this quest was over, she would find a nice grassy area to take a nap on in the Town of Beginnings. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128432
BD: 5 
CD: 2 
MD: 4

boar pup 3 attack
Roll ID#: 128433
MD: 1

Violet: 75/80 HP |  5 + 2 - 1 = 4/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

Edited by Violet Smith
Spoiler

Boar: HP 10 Dmg: 3
ID# 128435 | BD: 4 MD: 5
ID# 128436 | BD: 5 MD: 3
Yukiro: HP 200/200 | EN 14/20 (-6)
Boar 1: HP 10/10
Boar 2: HP 10/10

"I'm sorry that this is taking so long. These things are just so tiny and fast. Why did the creator of this game make them so unbalanced in speed to us." 
Yukiro waved off her apology, "No worries at all. They're quite a pain to chase down..." 
A couple of larger boars had approached, probably because of the noises of the boar pups. 
Better not to distract Violet. She was having a tough time as it was. 
"Just keep going. Try to guess which way they'll turn, it might help."
As he spoke he quietly stood up and moved between the new boars and Violet's fight. Silently drawing his sword he waited for the boars to charge. 
As he'd hoped, when they did charge, they did so close together. Yukiro positioned his sword and stopped both of the rushing beasts with his blade. One of the creatures went to give out a loud squeal, but Yukiro kicked it in time, only letting it get out a small snort. 
Hopefully he could finish this without Violet noticing. He didn't want to worry her. 

@Violet Smith

Edited by Yukiro