[F01-PP]<<Nature's Treasure>> Let's Get some Loot

Violet walked out of the Town of Beginnings and into the forested area that surrounded the town. Today, she was going to try and gather some materials and get some cool loot. She was hoping to find a piece of rare or perfect armor today in a loot drop. She was currently wearing the golden spectacles that she had purchased on a chain around her neck (a way so that she wouldn't have to wear them and look less intimidating). She was of course wearing her light brown and black armor that covered just her torso. Wearing light black shorts underneath them and black boots. She never liked to be weighed down by too much armor. 

At her side was the new dagger she wanted to try out. It's hilt had a lovely red tinting to it, the same color as her eyes. 

"I wonder if I'll find any player's I can kill today as well," she thought aloud to herself. 

@Vandrin

Spoiler

Level 4

Violet: 80/80 HP | 8/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY | KEEN

Equipped Items

Equipped [T1 Rare Dagger] <<Slicer>> Keen, Bleed
Description: This dagger has a nice, smooth handle that fits in the shape of the hand. It has two pointed guards above the handle with an 8 inch blade extending above it. The handle is made of oak wood with red staining. 

Equipped [T1 Uncommon Light Armor] <<Protector>> Mitigation
Description: This light armor is of a light brown and black color. It covers the chest lower torso of the wearer. 

Equipped [T1 Rare Trinket] <<Golden Spectacles>> Evasion, Recovery
Description: These are a pair of of round-rimmed spectacles. The frames are golden in color. When worn, they offer certain enhancements to the user.

Battle-Ready Inventory

- 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
- 1 Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
-1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

Skills

Skills: 

Weapons: 

One-Handed, Dagger -> Novice, +1 DMG

Edited by Violet Smith
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With his hands shoved into his pockets, Vandrin walked alone through the streets of the first floor settlement. His eyes wandered, spotting out the different players from the crowds of NPCs walking the streets for the usual, daily tasks. He observed the armor and weapons the players bore, both those of higher leveled players, and even some armor that newbies like him could acquire for a smaller price. Taking a hand from his pocket, he scratched at the back of his neck as he released a low sigh through his nostrils. Right now, as it currently stood, Vandrin would not stand a chance out in the wilds. While he may have had a newer weapon that he had received from a random loot drop that he stumbled upon, he still wore the armor of a newbie; the single, iron breastplate over a long sleeved, black shirt. He stuck out like a sore thumb in crowds, easily being identified as a low leveled player. He knew his only chance of survival would be to get some new armor. 

New armor, however, meant having the col to pay for it. He did hear once, that some merchants took crafting materials as payment for items. He already knew how to search for materials after completing the first of the newbie quests, so he already had a one up there. That, and he would be able to avoid combat for the time being. "Maybe if I head back out into that clearing, I can find some more materials." he said to himself, before making his way towards one of the gates heading out of The Town of Beginnings. 

Knowing the path, and how to avoid the lurking, red eyes of wolves and boars, Vandrin found himself passing the tree line into the forests that surrounded the town. "Alright, now to just look for some materials.." he said to himself as he began to search. Walking up to a small gathering of herbs that grew next to a large boulder, Vandrin lowered himself to a knee and moved his hands through the grass. 

ID 128345 | LD 3 

Level 3
SP 8
Skills:
2H Assault Spear (Rk.1)
Equipment:
Little Slugger (2HAS) | Rare | 2 Dmg 
Starter Armor | Vanity 
Battle Ready:

3x Healing Potions (50 HP)
5x Healing Potions (40 HP)
1x DMG Potion (+1 DMG)
1x OverHealth Potion (+50 Temp HP)

A crack of branches alerted Violet that she was not alone. Not wanting to be ambushed by other players, she nimbly and quietly climbed up a nearby tree, hiding in the taller branches. This vantage point also gave her a great view of the area around her. Hm. What was that? She squinted her eyes. It seemed like another player. Unfortunately, she wasn't close enough to see his stats. After a few moments of planning, she climbed back down and made her way over behind the man without being noticed. 

"What are you doing here?" she asked as she got closer. She had been able to glance at him and see his player stats. Weak enough to kill. She grinned. "You aren't the smartest when it comes to paying attention now are you?" she said. 

Although he was weaker than her, she knew she shouldn't challenge him yet. She only had basic light armor and a one-handed weapon. Who knew what he could be hiding up his sleeve. 

@Vandrin

Spoiler

searching for T1 materials
Roll ID#: 128351
LD: 3 (fail)

Edited by Violet Smith

"Hm.." Vandrin hummed in disappointment when he could not find any materials within the overgrown grass. Apparently, he had not been paying much attention, as a player had snuck up on him while he was searching, an unknown female. She poked at his intelligence for not being alert to his surroundings, was she a player killer? or just someone who wanted to teach Vandrin a valuable lesson in this death game. Realizing the cold tone in her voice probably meant the latter was not the case.. which meant he was dealing with a possible player killer. Despite not wanting to dive into his own past memories, this wouldn't be the first time he was in a situation like this. 

Without fear, Vandrin slowly rose to his full height, his back still to the player. His shoulders rose and fell with a deep breath before finally turning around to get a good look at the girl. For a cute girl, she was not very friendly looking. A blonde bob topped her head, with strands of yellow hair passing just above her crimson eyes. Despite, Vandrin still stood a good half a foot over her. "I'm looking for materials. Monsters don't spawn very often here, so its pretty easy to do so." he held a bit of sternness in his voice to show that he was not going to back down. Without paying her any more mind, Vandrin stepped past her towards a nearby tree, continuing the same method to sift through the taller grass in search of anything he may be able to use, "You can join me if you want. Unless you're going to keep staring at me like I caused you any wrong. " 

ID 128355| LD 10 

Edited by Vandrin

Violet gave him a cold, suspicious stare as he walked past her. She hadn't expected this reaction. 

"You can join me if you want. Unless you're going to keep staring at me like I caused you any wrong. " 

To this, she replied, "No, you just seemed..." she paused, thinking a moment, putting her hand under her chin. "How should I put this... Ah! Like a juicy piece of meat waiting to be devoured." She laughed at Vandrin's back, entertained by what she had just said, and threw her dagger at a tree just a few inches from his head. 

As she happily went over to collect it, she said, "Lesson number 1. Never turn your back on someone a higher level than you." Now, she was beginning to enjoy herself. She looked up at the man, gauging his reaction, now smiling mischievously. 

As she waited for his reaction, she noticed that the hole she had made in the tree was leaking some sap. She quickly collected it in a glass jar and put the jar back into her inventory. 

@Vandrin

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128358
LD: 13, 1 material found

- Added 1 T1 material to inventory

Edited by Violet Smith

Vandrin's eyes slowly looked to his side, as the reverberating sounds coming from the dagger inches from his face came to rest. Her message was becoming a bit more clear to him now, but he was not going to let it get to him. Now with an audible grunt, Vandrin rose to his feet yet again and turned towards the woman. "Really?" he replied begrudgingly as she approached to retrieve her dagger, which stuck in the tree at about half his height now. The look on her face, paired with her comment from before, really was not looking good in Vandrin's favor. Especially if she claimed to be higher level than him. Giving the girl one quick look up and down, his own worries died. He let out a single chuckle, "Higher level than me? You're still wearing beginners' armor too. My guess is that you are one level higher than me at the most." Moving past her yet again, Vandrin created some distance between himself and her, placing his back against the same boulder from before so he could keep an eye on her. "Look, I don't want to fight you. And I don't want any trouble. I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in this world. If you want to get in my way, I'd ask if you could, kindly, find another player to try and torment."

Looking down at his feet, Vandrin noticed two herbs poking out from the grass that he had not noticed before. Their three leaves holding a slight reddish hue to them that stuck out among the green grass. Lowering himself to a knee, but still keeping his front towards the possible threat, he plucked the two plants and placed them into his inventory. 

ID 128359 | LD 18

Edited by Vandrin

"Higher level than me? You're still wearing beginners' armor too. My guess is that you are one level higher than me at the most."

She blushed and frowned out of both frustration and embarrassment. "Well, I suppose you wouldn't be much of a challenge anyways," she bit back. However, her mood changed once again, and she smiled as she said, "Though, you do seem like a wonderful toy to play with. Ooo I wonder how angry I can get you before you lash out?" She grinned, giggling. 

Just then, she heard a rustle in the bushes. "Stay," she commanded the man, her voice serious. She licked her lips and readied her dagger. "Now it's time to hunt." 

She sprang to action and stabbed into the boar that ran out from the forest twice in its side. She laughed as it attempted to attack her, nimbly dodging it. "Now this is real fun." Both she and the boar chased each other around Vandrin and his rock, dodging and weaving. To Violet, this was all just a fun game. 

@Vandrin

Spoiler

round accel vs. boar 1
Roll ID#: 128361
BD: 8
CD: 2 (recovery not active)
MD: 6 - 1 = 5 fail

Violet: 80/80 HP | 8 - 2 = 6/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

Boar 1: 40 - 4 = 36/40 HP | 12 DMG 

Spoiler

sword arts

Rank 1

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.

Edited by Violet Smith

Vandrin kept his mouth shut and merely rolled his eyes. He dealt with people like her before, and he hoped that he could play her game in getting her pissed off enough to see he wasn't worth messing with. Turning away from the woman, Vandrin went to go search another patch of grass for materials. Suddnely, the woman commanded Vandrin to stay, as some creature began moving in the bushes just beyond their location. Leaping from where she stood, the girl drove her dagger into the hide of a wild boar that had managed to wander close to their location. The two then began a chase around the large rock, with the woman trying desperately to carve into the boar yet again. 

Vandrin sighed and reached over his back to grab the large polearm that rested there. Now with his spear in his hand, Vandrin waited for the perfect moment to strike. Once the two came charging from around the boulder yet again, Vandrin thrust the tip of his spear forward, hoping to catch the beast with the sharp end. It skid to a stop and let out a loud squeal, the tip of his weapon crashing into the stone surface. "I'm not gonna let you have all the fun." the brunette said as he retrieved his weapon and gave it a quick spin in front of his body.

ID 128362 | BD 4 | Heft

Violet: 80/80 HP | 6/8 EN | 2 DMG | 5 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY
Vandrin: 60/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 6 DMG 

vs. 

Boar 1: 36/40 HP | 12 DMG 

Edited by Vandrin

Violet laughed as she saw Vandrin attack the beast -- and miss. "Ah, so I see the prey is coming out of his shell now. Good! Now we can have a bit of fun together." She was enjoying herself quite well now. Though the spear he had produced did make her nervous, she showed no hint of that nervousness in her expression or body language. She took note of what he used. Long reach. I would be at a disadvantage, she thought. It was good information to know, and exactly what she had wanted him to do: use his weapon to reveal what he used. 

She focused her attention back on the boar, stopping in her tracks and baiting it. "Come her, piggy, piggy," she called, holding her arms out for it. As it charged, she attempted to dash, but its tusks ripped at her side. She winced only a little, trying to hide any pain. The pain then turned into anger as she lashed out at the beast, missing by a mile. She cursed under her breath, then turned and looked at Vandrin. "Your turn, big guy," she said like it was a challenge. 

@Vandrin

Spoiler

round accel vs. boar 1
Roll ID#: 128364
BD: 1 (-2 energy)
CD: 10 (+2 energy total)
MD: 8 - 1 = 7 <-attacks Violet

[H: 1] Violet: 80 - (12 - 9) = 77/80 HP | 6 - (2 - 2) = 6/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY
[H: 0] Vandrin: 60/60 HP | 4/6 EN | 6 DMG 

vs. 

Boar 1: 36/40 HP | 12 DMG 

Spoiler

sword arts

Rank 1

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target.
Edited by Violet Smith

Vandrin grimaced, this woman was getting a bit on his nerves. All he wanted to do was peacefully gather some materials that he could trade in for some armor. Yet, here she had to go and pull a wild boar into this. She was bloodthirsty, and just wanted to egg Vandrin on so she would have a reason to strike him down. So he thought, at least, but he would not be surprised if it was true. "I could have just left you to deal with this pig on your own. So I'd shut it if I were you." With a heavy step forward, the tip of Vandrin's spear began to glow with a green flame-like hue. The man let out a shout as he thrust the spear forward, his hands shifting towards the bottom of the pole arm. This time, the sharp edge struck the boar, and caused a bit of damage. With the same motion, Vandrin stepped out to the side and pumped his arms to raise the opposite end of the spear, dragging it across the boar's body. The attack lifted the boar a bit off of its feet, dropping it back onto the ground with a thud, its health just teetering between green and yellow. 

ID 128366 | BD 9
Heft 2 x 6(+1) = 14 Dmg 

[H: 1] Violet:  77/80 HP | 6/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY
[H: 2] Vandrin: 60/60 HP | 3/6 EN | 6 DMG 

vs. 

Boar 1: 22/40 HP | 12 DMG 

Edited by Vandrin

"I could have just left you to deal with this pig on your own. So I'd shut it if I were you."

"Oh so grumpy," she teased, sticking her tongue out at him and then laughing. "You know you're enjoying yourself at least a little."

As she stood behind the man, her eyes widened as he attacked the pig. Ah. I'll have to wait a little while before I can kill this oneshe thought to herself, rubbing her side. She didn't like the thought of being impaled like that. 

Now it was her turn to attack. She launched herself forward, jumping and doing a somersault over the boar as it charged her. She laughed and threw her dagger as the pig ran behind her, but it managed to dodge the object. She shrugged and ran over to her dagger, picking it up. 

Then she stayed back and watched Vandrin attack closely. She was studying him. She needed to know if he had any more tricks up his sleep for her own safety now. 

@Vandrin

Spoiler

round accel vs. boar 1
Roll ID#: 128368
BD: 4 (fail)
CD: 8 (+2 energy)
MD: 3 fail

[H: 2] Vandrin: 60/60 HP | 3/6 EN | 6 DMG 

vs. 

Boar 1: 22/40 HP | 12 DMG 

Edited by Violet Smith

A glare shot over to the woman yet again, but he kept his words to himself. He needed to keep all of his focus on this fight if he wanted to survive. Boars like this were not a creature to be taken lightly. Even at their level, a few failures to strike and it could mean the end of their lives. The girl was lucky Vandrin was here, and didn't want to see someone die.. even if she did give off the impression that Vandrin was next to meet her blade. The boar skid on the ground and turned towards him, its piercing red eyes staring at Vandrin as it let out a huff of air. It squealed as it charged towards him, moving much faster than he had anticipated. Using the blunt end of his spear, the man knocked the boar off of its path to strike him, causing it to stagger. Using the momentum to spin the spear in his hands, Vandrin followed up with another strike, stabbing into the lower half of the boar's body and tearing up and across it. With that attack, the health bar of the animal turned red, meaning they only had a bit more work to do before they were out of this mess. "Think you can finish it off? Or am I going to have to keep doing all the work?" 

ID 128369 | BD 6 Hit
Heft: 2 x 6 = 12

[H: 3] Vandrin: 60/60 HP | 2/6 EN | 6 DMG 

vs. 

Boar 1: 10/40 HP | 12 DMG 

Edited by Vandrin

"Think you can finish it off? Or am I going to have to keep doing all the work?" 

Now, this remark managed to push Violet over the edge. She had already been missing and didn't need some lower level player to point it out to her. Someone she would have gladly killed for a hit in the real world. In one swift movement she had her blade up against Valdin's neck, her body right up next to his. "Shut. Your mouth." She glared into his eyes, her expression serious. He had actually managed to piss her off. She backed away slowly, still staring him down until she turned and silently went after the boar. 

She activated her sword art and charged towards the darn thing, but at the last second it managed to evade her once more. She dropped her blade and clenched her fists. All these misses were just ticking her off. She let out a frustrated scream and then just dropped face first into the grass, now just laying there. "[censored], that boar," her muffled voice said from the ground. 

Spoiler

Side Bite vs. Boar 1
Roll ID#: 128372
BD: 1 (horrible failure)
CD: 11 (+2 energy)
MD: 4 fail

[H: 3] Vandrin: 60/60 HP | 2/6 EN | 6 DMG 

vs. 

Boar 1: 10/40 HP | 12 DMG

Spoiler

sword arts

Rank 1

Edited by Violet Smith

As Vandrin pulled his weapon back towards him, the woman followed. The teasing, joyous expression on her face gone, now replaced by a fiery anger. Reaching up, she paced the sharp edge of her dagger up against Vandrin's neck. He could feel it pressing into him, the very slight tingling sensation that replaced pain in this world was barely apparent as it slightly pressed into his skin. It wasn't enough to do any damage, it was more of a warning that she was not afraid to attack him. Dark brown eyes looked back down at the girl, surprisingly fearless. If the deep scar across his face was any indication, it was not his first run in with someone trying to kill him. Eventually, the woman gave up and tried to attack the boar once more, failing, yet again. 

Knowing poking fun at her would only give her cause to actually attack Vandrin, he kept hit mouth shut. Instead, he focused on the deed at hand. Rushing forward, Vandrin pulled his hands back before thrusting his spear forward yet again and ripping it across the boar's body. A weak yelp released from the creature's mouth with the last of its strength, before it crashed to the ground and exploded in a small plume of data fragments. With a small sigh, Vandrin brought his spear back to hold it in a defensive position while taking a few steps back away from the blonde killer. 

ID 128373 | BD 7
Heft 2 x 6 = 12

[H: 4] Vandrin: 60/60 HP | 1/6 EN | 6 DMG 

vs. 

Boar 1: 0/40 HP | 12 DMG

+1 T1 Mat
+160 Col

Edited by Vandrin

Violet stay in her position in the grass. Face and belly down. "Good job," she said faintly, muffled, as she heard the boar go down. She sighed and rolled over, looking up at the sky, just staring blankly at it. At this point, she had embarrassed herself greatly, and she was in the middle of realizing it. She had missed all except one attack. This one thought caused her to cover her face with her hands. Why is this game so unfair, she thought to herself. I could have so easily killed that beast and that man in the real world. Just give me a knife any day out there and I would have gladly taken a person downShe quietly groaned. The game had deprived her of her true power, and it was getting rather annoying and depressing. 

Still covering her face, she spoke to Vandrin. "Go ahead and stab me in the side. This world [censored] sucks. I have no power here, and I'm absolutely hating it. Just put me out of my misery." Yes, she was being dramatic, but she had also just accepted the reality -- that was completely against her own nature -- that the game had stolen from her the one thing that she held dear to herself: the power over life and death. It had weakened that power immensely. In fact, she now computed that if she had gone into battle with Vandrin, there was a high likely-hood that she would have lost. 

Violet: 77 + 10 = 80/80 HP

@Vandrin

When the woman did not immediate get up off of the ground, Vandrin released the grip on his spear. Releasing it with one hand, he stood the weapon up straight as if it were a walking stick. She was being pretty hard on herself, given she had gotten the attention of the boar and managed to miss nearly every attack. With a anther small sigh, Vandrin closed the distance between himself and the girl. He lowered himself into a crouch just beside her, "No, I dont't think I will." He reached out a hand to her, offering her assistance in standing up. "I've seen enough death in my life, I'm not going to cause another one." He looked towards the top of the girl's head and let out a small chuckle, "Plus, I know you haven't killed anyone.. Your cursor is still green. So you're not fooling anyone with your player killer attitude." Whether she accepted the help or not, Vandrin got back up onto his feet. "Its still early for you to change your outlook. Why would you want to murder another player anyway? Don't you realize that's literally murdering someone in the real world?" Walking away from where the girl was. Vandrin continued his search for materials. Beside each other, at the base of a tree, Vandrin found two large acorns. Tapping on each, he placed the materials into his inventory.

ID 128377 | LD 18

________
5 T2 Materials
160 Col

Edited by Vandrin

Violet opened her fingers enough to peek out and see that the man out held his hand. She carefully grabbed it, her face wearing a wary expression, and let him help her to her feet. 

Its still early for you to change your outlook. Why would you want to murder another player anyway? Don't you realize that's literally murdering someone in the real world?"

After she heard this question, a small smile came to her lips. "You've never had to kill one in the real world, did you?" she asked more as a statement rather than as a question. She sighed and stretched, bending backwards nearly in half. She reached out and grabbed her dagger in this position as well. All that laying down had made her stiff. 

She straightened herself back up and began to twirl and toss the dagger in her hand casually. She took up a position beside the man, glancing over at him. "Some of us were taught to kill from a young age. Some of us had to kill," she continued on, now holding up two fingers, a third one rising up as she said, "And some of us learned to like to kill." That same smile crept over her lips. "That's where some differ from most." 

She bent down quickly to pick up two mushrooms that she had nearly stepped on, putting them in her inventory just as quickly. 

@Vandrin

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128378
LD: 16

+2 T1 materials

Edited by Violet Smith

"You've never had to kill one in the real world, did you?"

The words rang in Vandrin's mind for a moment, a moment that felt like minutes. He stared at the ground for a moment before turning his head to look at the woman. His brown eyes looked into hers, not wanting to speak the words.. but the expression on his face should clearly answer her question. Vandrin's past was one he did not want to bring up.. his life as Shoji.. it was a thing he never wanted to go through again. Finally breaking eye contact from her, he turned back to look for a few more materials. The woman began to list off different reasons one would have to kill, Vandrin very well knowing the difference between the three. Within the same patch of grass, Vandrin was able to pluck two small, yellow flowers. He twirled the small plant in his finger before banishing them to his virtual inventory. If it weren't for the bountiful amount of materials he was coming across in such a short period of time, he would have made his leave long ago. Not only was being around this woman a risk for him being murdered.. but it was bringing up memories of his past that he did not want to think about. "So whats stopping you then?" Vandrin finally said, standing yet again and turning to look at her.

ID 128379 | LD 17

7 T1 Mats
160 Col

Edited by Vandrin

Violet stopped talking and looked away as soon as he asked her the question. "Er-um..." she stumbled over herself, trying to find something to say. After a moment or two, she started listing off analytical reasons, holding up her fingers for each one. "One. You have a farther reach, more damage, and more powerful sword arts available to you than I do. Two. I don't have enough health or items to be able to come out with at least a 90% chance of winning. Three-" she paused, sighing and looking down. "You helped me with the boar when I needed it. Ugh." She hated admitting that she had practically needed his help. She hated relying on other people, especially those who she should be able to kill. 

"Stupid nuns and their stupid morals," she groaned, rubbing the back of her right knuckles with her left hand. It was a subconscious thing. She didn't even realize she was doing it. Pain really had worked to at least teach her a few lessons about helping others. But she obeyed those teachings begrudgingly most of the time -- if not all the time. 

@Vandrin

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 128380
LD: 2 fail

Edited by Violet Smith

Vandrin simply let out a small chuckle, it seemed she thought that he had some sort of an advantage over him after all. However, his lack of armor would easily have been the end of him if she had any idea that he had no skills invested in such. He decided to keep that to himself for now. The weapon and sword art thing, however, was right on the nose. He had a much longer reach than her, and could easily stun her in place and escape if he really needed to. He was thankful for that, at least. However, her third reason, his assistance in taking out the boar --which, in his mind, was the most logical reason-- came as the most surprising to him. "Well then, I guess its a truce then." he said, offering her a small, but sincere smirk of a smile. For the first time in what was maybe ten or fifteen minutes, he felt as though he could be at ease without a monster, or this girl, running up on him with a means to end his life. "Lets just.. look for materials in peace then, shall we?" he offered. As he began shifting through another patch of grass, he looked over his shoulder. "I'm Vandrin by the way. Whats your name?" 

ID 128381 | LD 6

_________
7 T3 Mats
160 Col

Edited by Vandrin