Zyran Maclaire

Zyran Maclaire

Zyran.thumb.jpg.cdb4fa417e0bc42ac79ced674d098c0b.jpg

Username: Zyran Maclaire
Height: 6' 9

"Wait... WHAT?!" Joey exclaimed, as his name was called over the loudspeaker, announcing that he was a winner of the college raffle to get one of the 6 copies of Sword Art Online had obtained for their contest. Without asking permission, he bolted from his seat and ran straight for the main office to claim his prize. Damn... I'm sure I'm going to get into trouble for that, but I don't care! I have a copy of SAO now!!! He thought excitedly as he nearly slid in the hall to the front of the school where the office was, not paying attention to the other names called for the raffle. Finally, the door was in view. All he had to do was open it and he would have his prize.

"Well THAT was fast!" A girl's voice said as he entered, catching his breath. Looking up, he saw his sister smirking at him. "Now if only you would do the same thing whenever I call you over for dinner or something... I get you are an addict for instant ramen and all, but a home-cooked meal would do you good every once in a while... we have kitchens for a reason..."

"Bite me... Anyway, why are you here?" He asked. She never gets into trouble and it wasn't her day to assist the principal... So that left one thing... "Wait... Did you-"

"Yep! I did!" She shouted excitedly, showing him her copy of SAO, then handing him a second copy, obviously it was his. "Now we can play together!"

"AWESOME! I wonder who the other winners were..." Joey thought as his question was answered by the door opening again with 4 more people entering the room... and his face lit up right away...
   ---
"Oh man! I can't believe we all won!!! This is gonna be EPIC!!!" Zachary exclaimed as he walked back to his college dorm with his friends Joey, Chris and Sarah, each of them grinning from ear to ear as they each waved around their own game cases. Of the thousands of students to attend their college, only 6 lucky people were able to win the contest and earn their own copies of Sword Art Online, and they were 4 of those lucky players. 

"For real!!! I can't wait to get to the dorm and boot it up!" Sarah cheered, skipping a little as she started to move a little ahead of everyone. "We should all meet up in-game and form a party, and eventually a Guild! It's gonna be so much fun!"

"True... but I think we should wait on the guild until we learn the game a little better, my goofy little sister." Joey teased, sneaking up on Sarah and snatching her case away playfully, causing her to chase him around and make everyone laugh. 

"Damn it, Joey! Give it back!" She shouted, slightly annoyed while still laughing as she chased him around, trying to jump up and grab the game from him. He knew she couldn't reach it, considering he was so tall and she was so tiny. It was hard to believe that she was actually the older sibling. 

"Only if you say 'please Onii-chan!'"

"HELL no!" She said, punching him in the stomach.

"Ow, haha. Alright, alright, too far, I get it!" He laughed, handing it back to her. "Huh, I guess Zach and Chris already went ahead to their dorms. Can't say I blame them though." He sighed, walking with his sister to their dorm building. Once there, he waved to her and they went their separate ways in the entrance hall, since each of their own rooms were on separate sides of the building. Upon arriving at his dorm, his roommate was there messing with his laptop on his bed, who waved to him since he had his headphones on. Waving back, he hurried over to his desk and got his Nerve Gear ready and opened the game case, and set everything up.

"Whoa! You were one of the winners?! Dude I am so jealous!" His roommate yelled when he glanced over to see the Sword Art Online case on the edge of the desk. "Dude, if you don't mind, can I give it a go later? I won't be able to get it until next week, sadly... All the pre-orders at the game shop were sold out and they won't get more until a week after launch tonight..."

"Sure, I don't mind. You'll just have to play my Avatar though... Remember the Nerve Gear only stores info for one player. Sucks you don't have your Nerve Gear yet..."

"Yeah mine doesn't come in until tomorrow or maybe the day after... Thanks a bunch though! I can't wait!" 

"I hear ya. Well, wish me luck, Tora. I'm going in!" He sighed as he laid down onto his bed and relaxed. "Link... Start!"

Personality
Athletic and strong, many people are intimidated by Joey at first glance, not to mention it didn't help that he was so tall that he had to duck to get in through doorways. This has always lead to him being touchy on the subject of his height. He hated it for as long as he could remember. He didn't like sticking out, but at the same time, he had embraced it over time, even going so far as to play basketball all the while studying engineering. He wanted to help work on the next generation of computers and gaming hardware. He met Zach a year ago after bumping into him accidentally after one of his basketball practice meets. Zach smiled and never mentioned his size, which was a first, and didn't seem intimidated at all. Ever since, they had become close friends and it helped him to relax a bit more around others, although a bit clumsy and goofy.

On the court, however, he changes completely. Calm, collected, and scary focused. He only thinks of keeping ahead of the game and doesn't pay no mind to anything else. Every move, every pass, every shot... they all count... and there is no room for error... Although one thing always catches his eye at any game he goes to: his friends and sister cheering him on. Even Zach, who hates sports, goes to all of Joey's games. Knowing his friends and sister are watching him make him even more driven to earn that win.

Virtues/Flaws

• Dedicated - (Virtue) Joey loves basketball and running and will do both whenever he is presented the opportunity. This passion for basketball and running drives him to be the best he can be at anything he does, both on and off the court. He's always ready for one more round, and won't give up until he achieves the goal at hand.
  • Easy-Going - (Virtue) Laid back and easy to talk to, Joey is easy to approach and is always willing to lend an ear to hear out a friend or a cause. While this is a typically virtuous nature, it can also be considered a flaw. An easy-going nature tends to allow others to use you.
  • Intimidating - (Flaw) While it is unintentional, he comes across as excessively intimidating at first. This is mostly due to his size and posture, since he tends to tower over people. Once people give him a chance, however, he shows how kind and gentle he actually is.
  • Focused- (Virtue) Hard to distract and always keeps his eye on the goal at hand. Whether it be to help a friend in need, finish a class assignment, or to score that winning shot in basketball, he never lets his mind wander when something important is at stake. This can also be considered a flaw, however, because he has a tendency to become too wrapped up in what he is doing and it often gets him into trouble and awkward situations.
  • One-Track Mind - (Flaw) Focusing on a goal and nothing else is the easiest way to achieve victory, or at least that's what Joey believes. He has the tendency to focus so much on one thing, that the other things don't matter until that one task is completed. This leads to getting him into trouble in class when he will be thinking of strategies for the big game that happens that day after school. 
  • Clumsy - (Flaw) While he has good intentions at heart, Joey is often considered a klutz due to his size. Bumping into people and hitting his head on doorways and ceiling decorations is commonplace, as well as tripping over things due to his big feet. He always tries to turn it into a joke in the end, but he can't help but be embarrassed when this happens.

Skills
Total Skill Points: 5
{Novice Heavy Armor}  5/8          Mitigation while wearing this armor type increases by 8 and your stealth rating decreases by 1. (Evasion capped at 1 enhancement slot)

Equipment
   Consumable      Vanity      Uncommon      Rare      Perfect      Demonic   
---
   Starter's Banded Mail    -----{Tier 1 Rare Heavy Armor}-----{Mitigation +6 / Taunt +1}
   Starter's  Axe   -----{Tier 1 Vanity Axe}
[3] Starter Healing Potion -----{Consumable}-----{Heals 50 HP}
---
Materials
[10] Tier 1 Materials 

(Col Transactions (2,500), Story Thus Far, Friends List, and Roleplay Log posts will be made upon Journal Approval)

Edited by Zyran Maclaire