[F1-PP] Prologue - Welcome to the New World

OoC: Any new players may message me to join us in starting our adventure in SAO
Approved Players
Ourian Ivaldi, Zyran Maclaire, Issanalyn Maclaire, Kazuma Mokhos, OmegaNeko, Zuekin

Loot Distribution
Col: All col is distributed evenly across all participating members
Items Drops: Any time an item(s) drop, the player that made it drop gets to decide who gets the item. 

It's been four days since the death game was announced... A lot of people of players, in their panic, rushed straight for the fields to try and gain as much col and materials as possible to make themselves stronger. Ourian and his friends were no exception.

It took quite some time to get them calmed down, especially Issanalyn, but everyone eventually reached the same page and were now ready to think of their next move and how things should be approached from this point on. After sending everyone a message to meet at the clock tower square, he went to meet them there, arriving before everyone else. Figuring it would still take a little bit of time for everyone to gather, he resigned to sitting down on a nearby bench, inspecting his kodachi.

"These weapons may just be data... but they look and feel so real... It's actually kinda scary..." He said to himself as he held the blade over his head and watched the artificial sunlight reflect off the blade. 

Stats and Gear

Spoiler

Level 1
HP: 20
EN: 2
DMG: 3
MIT: 0
ACC: 1
EVA: 0

< Starter's Kodachi >-----{Tier 1 Rare Curved Blade}-----{Damage +1 / Accuracy +1}
[3] < Starter Healing Potion >-----{Heals 50 HP}
< Empty Slot >
< Empty Slot >
< Starter's Vest >-----{Vanity Light Armor}

Edited by Ourian Ivaldi
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Damn it... This whole death game deal has everyone in a panic... It will be a while before people calm down to where we can all start working together to get the floors cleared..." Kazuma muttered to himself, trying to think about how they could all, as a team, try and help to clear the game. Now that it's known that a player dying here in the virtual world meant dying in the real world too, people have been afraid to leave the Town of Beginnings. "Can't say I blame them, though... Death has always been a scary concept... Now then, where is he at?"

His friend, Ourian, had sent him a message earlier that day to gather up with the others near the clock tower. Slowly, he scanned the crowd for any signs of a player with long black hair. "Damn it... there are like fifty people here with long black hair! This is bull..." he muttered furiously as he continued to walk around, coming up with strategies for their group all the while based on the gear they chose on the first day. 

Stats and Gear

Spoiler

Level 1
DMG: 1
MIT: 5
ACC: 0
EVA: +1
Keen: +1 BD on successful hit until next successful attack

< Starter's Rapier >-----{Tier 1 Uncommon Rapier}-----{Keen +1}
< Starter's Bodysuit >-----{Tier 1 Uncommon Light Armor}-----{Evasion +1}
[3] < Starter Healing Potion >-----{Heals 50 
HP}
< Empty Slot >
< Empty Slot >

Edited by Kazuma Mikhos

I can't believe it's only been four days since all of this started... with all the chaos and panic, it seems like a lifetime ago... Zyran thought as he woke up to the sound of his inbox alerting him that someone sent him a message. "Probably Ourian..." He yawned, stretching as he got out of bed. Looking over to the other side of the room, he saw his sister sleeping in the other bed. Slept in her armor again. Well I can't really say I blame her... she's been the most scared out of all of us... He thought as he equipped all of his gear, then navigated to his messages to see that Ourian did, in fact, message him. 

"So he's finally getting us all together. I honestly expected him to wait longer. Then again, the sooner we get started the better." He muttered as he turned to go wake his sister, hitting his shin on the coffee table in the room and making a bunch of noise.

"DAMN! Virtual or not that still hurts!" He yelled, bending down to massage his shin.

Stats and Gear

Spoiler

Level 1
DMG: 1
MIT: 17
ACC: 0
Taunt: Hate +1 from Successful attacks, Howl, and Focused Howl

< Starter's Longsword>-----{Vanity 1H Straight Sword}
< Starter's Banded Mail >-----{Tier 1 Rare Heavy Armor}-----{Mitigation +9 / Taunt +1}
HP}
< Empty Slot >
< Empty Slot >

"DAMN! Virtual or not that still hurts!"

Man... what did he do this time?! Issanalyn thought groggily as she turned her head to see her brother, Zyran, crouching down and massaging his shin. Noticing the nearby coffee table, she was able to put two and two together easily enough. What a klutz... She thought as she sat up and yawned, stretching as she reached for her glaive that was resting up against the wall by her bed. As she stood up, she immediately felt the effects of sleeping in her armor. 

"Man... Note to self... Sleeping in armor... BAD idea..." She muttered sleepily, walking over to her brother and patting him on the back. "I guess some things just don't change, do they? You were a klutz in real life, you're still a klutz here..." She teased, punching him softly in the arm. 

"Anyway, I think you were muttering something before you yelled... What's up?"

Spoiler

Level 1
DMG: 2
MIT: 9

< Starter's Glaive>-----{Tier 1 Uncommon 2H Assault Spear}-----{Accuracy +1}
< Starter's Banded Mail >-----{Tier 1 Uncommon Heavy Armor}-----{Mitigation +9}
HP}
< Empty Slot >
< Empty Slot >

"Damn it... there are like fifty people here with long black hair! This is bull..."

"Well, THAT sounded familiar..." Ourian said, looking around to see if he could find the source of the voice. Didn't take long to find Kazuma, who was spacing out as per usual. Well, that's one of them. I wonder when Issa and Zyran will be here? I figured that they would all be together... He wondered as he started waving towards Kazuma. 

"Kazuma! Over here!" He shouted, trying to get his attention. Pretty sure that he wasn't going to get his attention that easily, he got up and started walking over to him, weapon still drawn. Oh man, I know how I can have a little fun with him... He thought deviously as he positioned his kodachi where it was reflecting the sunlight, and tried aiming it at Kazuma's face. He wasn't trying to hit his eyes directly, but just enough to get his attention. 

Ryan didn't really have any connections to anyone in SAO since none of his real life friends got the game. So when he received a message to meet at the clock tower it was a little confusing, since he had no idea who this Ourian guy was. But it didn't really matter too much. It was in a safe zone, so getting ambushed or something like that wasn't a concern. He came to the location in the message and looked around for the messenger in question. This is a big gathering, how many people did he invite? Ryan thought to himself as he looked around. Seeing another player with their weapon drawn got his attention though, making his ears and tail stick straight up as he ran over. "Hey! What'cha two kitty cats doing? This doesn't really seem like the best place for a duel." Ryan asked, crossing his arms. With both his appearance and high pitched voice, it was easy to confuse him for a girl.

Le Stats and Stuff

Spoiler

Level 1
DMG: 3
MIT: 0

Kitty Blade (Rare T1 2H Curved Sword)[Damage +1, Accuracy +1]
[3] Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
Iron Boots (Vanity Armor)

"Kazuma! Over here!"

Who's making all that noise? Nevermind... I need to think... I've heard that there is some sort of Martial Arts skill, which would be perfect for me, rather than this pig sticker I have right now... So Support and off-DPS would probably be my speed... Kazuma thought as he continued to wander around, his thoughts running a mile a second. He had to think of some sort of party composition. As he continued to think about possible combinations, a bright light kept shining in his face. Annoyed, he turned away from it and continued to think about what to do.

"I know Ourian will want to play full DPS. That's how he's always been... Which leaves Issa and Zyran... Those two are the wild cards here... Honestly we need a-" he carried on, but his attention was drawn to a character with a tail and what appeared to be cat ears, who seemed to be approaching him, though she seemed to be looking past him.

"Hey! What'cha two kitty cats doing? This doesn't really seem like the best place for a duel."

Turning to face who she was talking to, Kazuma notices Ourian, who had his weapon drawn. As he looked at the weapon, he saw that light was reflecting off of it directly at him, making him laugh.

"Well that explains the bright light... What's up, Ourian?" Greeting Ourian, he turns his attention back to the girl playing cat. "Also, who's this? You know her?"

"I guess some things just don't change, do they? You were a klutz in real life, you're still a klutz here..." While he heard those words, he felt a tap to the arm.

"And you're still the same ol' goofy brat... Still can't believe you slept in your armor, though... bet you feel great right about now." He teased right back, as he stood back up, towering over her. As he did so, she mentioned that she heard him as she was waking up. "As for what I was talking about, Ourian sent a message to a bunch of people... Hell, some we don't even know... Wonder what he's got planned?" 

Not wanting to waste any time, he makes for the door and gets ready to leave. "I'm gonna head out. Ourian said to meet him in the clock tower plaza at the center of town. Once you wake up, meet us over there." He explained, closing the door behind him and leaving the inn. 

I guess he's finally gotten over the shock... But why message EVERYONE?! That seems a little strange, even for him... He thought as he continued to run to the plaza, side-stepping people as he did so and taking care to not bump into anyone and ignoring the stares. He hated how tall he was... it always drew so much attention...

Finally at the square, he notices one thing that  truly catches him off guard: A cat girl, and she appeared to be talking to Kazuma and Ourian. For some reason, Ourian had his weapon drawn. Is she an enemy? No... Kazuma seems calm enough...

"Hey guys. seems I'm a bit late to the party. Sorry about that. Issa just woke up so she should be here shortly."

OoC: (For context, Zyran is almost 7 feet tall, if you want to get an idea of his actual size.)

Edited by Zyran Maclaire

"HEY!!! I'm not goofy!" She snaps back, laughing all the same. "and yeah, I'm a little sore, but I'll be fine." 

Is he not phased by this death game stuff at all?! he seems so calm now... She thought as she saw him walk to the door. Once he mentioned that he was going to meet up with the others at the square, she stretched again, trying to pop her back a little. 

"Okay I'll be right behind you. Just need to pop my ba-" *crrk* "AH! THERE we go!" She said with a smile, cheerful now that a little bit of the soreness has left her body. Grabbing up her spear again, she walks over to the door and leaves.

Where did he go? He can't be THAT much father ahead of me... She wondered, but then realized that he probably ran like he always does. Not wanting to be left behind, she starts running in the direction of the clock tower. As she ran, she opened up her menu to look at the message from Ourian, and noticed that it was more of a Shout to the whole floor. "Geez, Ourian, what're you doing assembling an army?!" She exclaimed as she swiped the menu away and continued to run towards the square. 

As she arrived, she noticed everyone was together already, but it looked like Zyran just got there. 

"Hey guys, what's u-OH MY GOD SHE'S ADORABLE!!!" She exclaims, noticing the girl with the car ears and tail, and immediately runs over to her. "How did you do that?! I didn't think we could do stuff like this!" She asked excitedly, poking at the tail. 

"Who's dueling?" Ourian asked the cat player, looking from side to side trying to see who else was fighting. Then he realized that she seemed to mistake him for trying to fight because he had his weapon drawn. "Oh! Nonono... I'm just messing with Kazuma, see?" He said, moving the blade to angle the reflected light onto Kazuma's chest.

As he demonstrated, he noticed someone greeting them and a quick movement between him and Kazuma, stopping next to the cat girl. 

"OH MY GOD SHE'S ADORABLE!!!" He immediately recognized Issanalyn from the goofy demeanor and how she was playing with her tail, without asking...

"Umm... Shouldn't you ask fir- never mind... Sorry about that... she's gets excited really easy... She's harmless, I assure you." Ourian mentioned to the girl as he looked around to see if anyone else was going to join them. It didn't really seem like anyone else was interested, so he walked up to them, sheathing his kodachi. 

Well, I guess nobody else is going to join us... I tried to get a lot of people gathered, but it is what it is... Everyone probably thought it was junk mail or something... He thought, sighing that there was such a small turn-out...

"Anyway, I'm Ourian." He said, directing his attention to the cat girl again. "The spaz there is Issanalyn, but we just call her Issa. The big guy is Zyran, Issa's bigger, yet younger brother IRL. And that's Kazuma."

Ryan nodded his head in understanding when Ourian explained that he was just messing around with his friend Kazuma. So they know each other huh? Ryan took note of that, although he didn't have too much time to really think since Issa came up behind him exclaiming how cute he was. He almost jumped in surprise, and the tail poking made him tense up for a moment. "H-Hey! That's sensitive, don't just poke it!" Ryan huffed, turning around and letting his tail wave away.

Ryan then listened to Ourian as he introduced the group to him, giving each of them a small wave. "So you're all friends in real life too I'm guessing? That's nice that you all found each other safely! And umm... just call me Riley! Not my real name of course, but I'm sure you all understand that this is online still." Ryan introduced himself, making sure his tail wasn't facing Issa. "Anything else any of you need to know about me? Since you all seem to know each other well!"

Damn it, Issa... Kazuma thought angrily. They were in a serious situation and here she was playing, as well as being rude. It was obvious that her messing with the girl's tail was a problem. 

"Will you stop that?!" Kazuma demanded harshly, shaking his head and crossing his arms. "This isn't the time to be playing around! We need to figure out how we are going to survive from here on out... and I'm sure I don't have to explain that staying here in the Town of Beginnings isn't going to solve a damned thing... We need a plan... and fast..." Kazuma explained. While he was a little upset that Issa wasn't taking things seriously, it was good to see her at least returning to normal. Sighing, he walks toward the girls.

"Although I have to admit... It's nice to see you back to your usual self, I suppose... You took the news about the death game pretty hard..." He said as he walked over to her and gently grabbed her arm to prevent her from pestering Riley, who had just introduced herself. 

"As Ourian had just said, my name is Kazuma. Please forgive my friend's rudeness... She can be a bit of a ditz..." He said, smirking before turning back to Ourian. "So, mister fearless leader... You gonna explain why you made a mass post rather than just contact us?"

"Kazuma... What have I told you about being cold to people?" Zyran snapped as Kazuma harshly, crossing his arms and turning to the cat girl, who introduced herself as Riley and nodding his head as Ourian called his name. "Riley, huh? Nice to meet you. Hope you can excuse my sister. She's easily excitable, as you have already learned, I'm sure. She means well, but she has a tendency to act before thinking." 

Now that introductions were out of the way, it was time to discuss what their plan was. He was sure that Ourian asked them all to meet up to discuss strategy and what they were all going to do. 

"So Ourian, what IS the plan? If it's about figuring out a party composition, I'll fill the Tank role. My gear already has me somewhat prepared for it." He informed everyone, accessing the menu and displaying his stats screen for everyone to see, displaying his above-average Mitigation skill to everyone. "Pretty sure I can take a beating and not get hurt as easily. Althought it wouldn't hurt to have an off-tank in case I need to disengage and drink a healing potion."

"H-Hey! That's sensitive, don't just poke it!" 

Realizing that she was being a nuisance again, she quickly backed off away from Riley, who had just introduced herself as such, and bowed in apology. "Oh geez! I'm sorry! You just looks so cute! I should have asked though..." She said apologetically as Kazuma started to go off on her. "Oh can it!" She huffed, glaring at him intensely. "No duh we need a plan! Pretty sure that's why Ourian called us all here..." 

She then returned her attention to Riley. "And yes, we are actually close friends in real life. In fact, we all attend the same school." She smiled, staring at Riley's ears. I wonder if she would let me feel her ears if I asked... She wondered as her brother started displaying his menu for everyone to see. 

"So Ourian, what IS the plan? If it's about figuring out a party composition, I'll fill the Tank role. My gear already has me somewhat prepared for it. Pretty sure I can take a beating and not get hurt as easily. Although it wouldn't hurt to have an off-tank in case I need to disengage and drink a healing potion." 

Taking that as a sign that they all needed to display their information to work out a strategy, she pulled up her own stats and displayed it for everyone as well.

"Off-tank, huh? I guess I can fill that spot. My mitigation isn't as high as yours, but it helps if you need a quick breather to recuperate. Other than that, I see myself being more of a DPS type, so I guess I'll fill both roles." She offered, waiting for everyone else's input. 

"Okay now... Relax everyone..." Ourian intervened, trying to prevent an argument, especially with Kazuma and Zyran, which was commonplace with those two. "Anyway, it is nice to meet you, Riley. I hope that you won't hold this first impression of out group in poor standards. Everyone is still letting the idea of this death game sink in and they're just on edge is all. Once you get to know us, we are quite fun to be around." He reassured her as she asked him about if he needed to know anything about her. 

As if answering his question, everyone started displaying their stats for everyone to see. Responding in kind, Ourian pulled up his own stats menu and revealed it to everyone. 

"Well for starters, we could all share our stats. I'm built for pure DPS, right out the gate, so that's going to be my role. I would also like to get my hands on some weapons with debuff abilities if at all possible so I can try to impair the targets and to help keep damage to Zyran to a minimum." Ourian stated as Zyran declared that he would take up the Tank role while Issa would focus on DPS and provide off-tank support. 

"I'm assuming from the lack of armor that you would be more built towards DPS or support?" He asked, redirecting his attention to Riley. He was quite curious to shat she could bring to the party. Knowing Kazuma, he's going to fill the Support role, seeing as how that's really the only thing we don't have at the moment... But he also likes to fight so it's anyone's guess... He felt that someone should be in charge of support, someone who can focus in the heat of things... This would obviously suit Kazuma since he has a knack for being calm under pressure. Having someone who can keep an eye on attack patterns of bosses and call the shots will be a great asset. 

Edited by Ourian Ivaldi

Riley gave a quick wave of dismissal when Issa apologized, smiling since she had said that he was cute at least. "It's no problem really, and nice to meet all of you. So don't worry Ourian, I'm not gonna go thinking you guys are bad or anything like that, I'm a pretty reasonable guy I think." Ryan said, giving Ourian a thumbs up. It was a bit weird being with a four person friend group like this and knowing none of them. They were welcoming to him, so it would be fine for now.

Once they were all done going over their roles, Ryan stepped forward and pulled up his stats too. "I'm just going to be going for DPS too if that's fine. Tanking was never my kind of thing to be honest. I'm just too cute to take hits nya see?" Ryan made a little paw motion with his hands and giggled, his tail and ears sticking up again.

"Not my fault your sister has a bad habit of annoying people..." Kazuma snapped harshly, glaring at Zyran as he was told to be kinder to people. As he was about to say something more, Ourian told everyone to relax and start discussing strategy. Sighing, he listens as the others beat him to the menu. 

Just as I thought... Ourian is going for full DPS. Granted, filling roles we are familiar with is definitely a good idea... Though I am concerned with Issa aiming for off-tank... She's never filled a tank role in any of the games we have played together so that might cause issues later down the line... Zyran, with his gear, is perfect for tanking, as he had already mentioned, so that is two roles guaranteed, three if you count Riley, who seems to be aiming for full DPS as well... He thought, calculating their possible party compositions in his head as he pulled up his menu to display his stats as well. 

"I'm going to be going after this Martial Arts skill I've heard about, so I think DPS will also suit me pretty well... Though I am concerned about the lack of Support... So I guess I will fill that role too... So I guess consider me offhand DPS Support." He announced, thinking of ways he could benefit the team as a support in a game that didn't seem to have any means of ranged offense. He was determined to find out if there was a way to do so, however.

At least it seems like everyone knows what they want to do... He thought, but was still overly concerned about the possibility of aggro being pulled from him when it mattered due to all of the DPS in the group. 

"Well, it seems like we have our group's composition set up... Though, Issa, if you insist on being an off-tank... you might want to invest in a shield and one handed weapon at some point. In the chance that we come across a larger group of mobs in the future, I won't be able to keep their attention focused on just me for very long with everyone else doing DPS. So we may need two tanks at once at times." Zyran warned, giving his sister a gentle, yet serious look. He couldn't stress enough how serious it was for them all to work as one cohesive unit to ensure their survival and to be sure that they all make it back home safely. 

There was now another factor as well, however... Riley.

None of us know much of anything about our new cat-like friend here... They seem a little too playful and might let their guard down in a fight, which could cost one of us our lives... he thought, trying to think of a solution. 

"Will there be any more people joining us, Ourian? I personally think that we should get going as soon as possible and start leveling up. We can't just sit around."

Wait... 'reasonable guy'... she's a he?! Issa thought, taking a better look at Riley, but her brother caught her attention when suggesting that she pick up a secondary weapon and a shield to be a more effective off-tank should the need arise for two at once. 

"Yeah, I guess... So long as it doesn't become a permanent thing, honestly... I've always been afraid of messing up because Tanks are pretty much the heart of a party, right? One wrong move and everything goes to hell..." She timidly stated. She was honestly not comfortable with becoming a tank at all, but she wanted to help and she was willing to try it in case they needed it. The only reason it works for her is because she planned on taking up Heavy Armor anyway, which should provide a decent amount of defense while she pummeled away at the opponents with her glaive. Afterwards, Zyran mentioned something about more people.

"Wait... how many people did you invite, Ourian?!" She exclaimed, looking around to see if anyone else was walking towards them. "Shouldn't we keep to being a relatively small group for now?"