[F1-PP] Prologue - Welcome to the New World

Good... looks like we have a solid group... two full DPS, a designated tank, a DPS that can go Tank as needed, and a DPS that will be support as well... Ourian thought with confidence as they all started thinking about how to best provide as their roles. One thing was still bothering Ourian, though... The other two that won copies of SAO did not join them... and it seemed like they had no intention of doing so, seeing as how they likely would have showed up... I just wish I knew their usernames... It would be much easier to get in touch with them... 

"I basically sent a group message to everyone on this floor." Ourian admitted, crossing his arms and letting his menu drop away. "I was honestly trying to find the other two from our school, but I don't know what they call themselves in here... and I'm not about to put personal information in a group message to a bunch of strangers..." Turning around, he stares off towards the north, where the main gates to the town are. 

"Anyway, we should get going. Before we take up any quests, we should get a feel for the system first, I think... That way we can breeze through everything later." He suggested, waiting for everyone else's ideas. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan looked over the group again as the roles of who's doing what seemed to be finalized. Although when Kazuma showed his concern that there was a lack of support, he turned and shook his finger, briefly chuckling. "Well support isn't exactly that neccessary in this game to begin with. That same turn that you would spend healing someone could easily just be replaced by whoever is hurt drinking a potion. It's good if we all get a basic healing skill, but a full on support player wouldn't be very helpful nya." Ryan explained, giving him a playful wink before looking back over at Ourian. He nodded at the suggestion to just get a feel for the system first, walking up next to him now since they would be heading north. "Sounds good! You're the leader after all, so just say the word!" Ryan did a little paw motion with his hands and winked at him as well, his tail waving back and forth a little quicker.

As Riley spoke of support players not being necessary in this game, he was puzzled at first, but then realized that they weren't exactly being clear at first.

"Forgive us, Riley. I guess I should explain what we generally mean by support. You see, when Ourian and I mention support, it's not just about potions, buffs and healing. It's also about memorizing attack patterns, formulating strategies, keeping track of information, keeping note of all items other players in the party have and when someone will eventually need assistance, and calling shots to the others to make sure things run as smoothly as possible." Kazuma explained, although not in his usual cold tone, but more of a gentler one. He was determined to get the idea across, so he thought of another term he could use to better describe their idea of a support role. Finally, one came to mind.

"I suppose that Support is a rather poor term for what we are describing... I believe the better term for it would be Tactician or Strategist.." Kazuma continued, smiling as he did so. "It helps a lot when someone calls the shots for the group rather than everyone trying to figure it out all at once and causing chaos and disruption with everyone trying to talk over each other. Keeps everyone focused and organized, allowing them to also keep their minds on the one task that they are assigned."

As he finished up, he walked past Riley, patting her on the shoulder as he did so. "I'm nothing like our friend, Kikuro, but I'll do my best to deliver... Now then, if I recall correctly, there is a small town to the northwest that some of the other players have been mentioning. They called it a hunting base of sorts. Could be a good place to start training, if you ask me."

Zyran watched in amazement as Kazuma explained what a support player is to their group, and he couldn't help but smirk. Walking up to Kazuma, he slouched down and rested his arm around Zyran's shoulders, just hanging there and laughing.

"Aww... now was that so hard? I'm impressed that you actually CAN be nice to someone. You should do it more often, makes you more approachable." He teased, ruffling Kazuma's hair before letting him go and patting him on both shoulders as he stood back up. "Although... that's a big name to live up to, brother... Kikuro was amazing at what she did... But, knowing you, you'll do just fine. At least, you better. I'm counting on ya to keep an eye out for anything that could get us killed..." Winking to Kazuma as he finished his praise, he walked to the other side of Ourian and steeled himself for the true beginning of their journey. 

"Ready when you are, bud."

As Zyran started messing with Kazuma, Issa couldn't help but laugh. Though they argue a lot, those two were really close friends and she loved it when they got along like this, even if it did annoy Kazuma when Zyran does this kind of thing.

"Oh my god, you guys are such dorks!" She laughed, letting the menu fall and trying to catch her breath while half bent over from laughing too hard. "But it's cool... because I love you guys for it." Once she had caught her breath, she walked over to Ourian and turned her back to his and leaned up against him. "Now then, Oh Fearless Leader, are we going to that village Kazuma mentioned? Or did you have something else in mind? Pretty sure our little kitty cat friend here is ready to get started." She asked, turning her attention to Riley and winked to them. 

"Well then, I know we can be a bit of a handful, but you still want to join us? Not going to lie, it will be nice having another girl around." She teased, giggling a little as she spoke and crossing her arms. Although she had another reason for asking Riley if she was going to join them, however...

Reasonable guy... hmm...

"Well said, Kazuma." Ourian praised, watching as Zyran started messing with Kazuma and Issa laughed. Turning his attention to the direction of the gate again, he took a deep breath and sighed slowly. Suddenly, he felt something lean up against him without warning.

"Now then, Oh Fearless Leader, are we going to that village Kazuma mentioned? Or did you have something else in mind? Pretty sure our little kitty cat friend here is ready to get started." Chuckling nervously, he scratched the back of his head, taking care not to move too much and cause Issanalyn to fall. 

"Well, Kazuma basically summed it up. My plan was to use the Town of Beginnings as a common area for training, but if this hunting village will prove to be a better training ground, I say let's check it out." He explained, trying to hide the fact that he was blushing slightly. When Issa asked if Riley was still intent on joining them, he looked over his shoulder to talk.

"She's right. You are more than welcome to come train with us. You just gotta deal with her trying to play with your ears or something... Which I guarantee she will try and do."

Ryan listened to Kazuma's explanation of what he meant by support and nodded, understanding it a bit better. It was just a strategist that the group needed. "Well thanks for clarifying. I was a bit confused there." Ryan rubbed the back of his head, chuckling for a moment. Once Issa teased the Kazumi and Zyran for their little bickering, the cat player couldn't help but laugh. "These two are always like this aren't they? Kinda reminds me of a few of my friends." Ryan said, remembering his old friend group.

When Issa asked if Ryan still wanted to come along with them, it got him a bit confused for a moment when she said it was nice to have another girl. He was going ask what Issa meant, but then Ourian restated what Issa said that he was still welcome to come, just having to deal with the playfulness of her. "Ha, I really don't mind it too much, just as long as you aren't rough with my ears or my tail it's fine. Kinda like an actual cat, nya!" Ryan said, his ears twitching again for a moment. "So I'm ready to go, I'll follow wherever you guys head, so lead this cat!"

Spoiler

Stats

Lvl:1 | HP:20 | EN:2 | DMG:1 |MIT:8 | Thorns:9 | Regen:5

Battle ready inventory:

Spoiler
  • Rare heavy armor- The Lions Roar (+1thorns,+1regen)
  • (3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP) 

Skills

Spoiler

skill points:

Sp 4/9

Utility Skills:

Pending?

Combat Skills:

Pending?

Weapon Skills:

Pending?

Armor Skills:

R1 heavy armor

Extra Skills:

Pending?

((OOC- stats represent what they would have been at the start of the game))

Four days... It had been four days since zuekin and the rest of the player base in aincrad found out that there lives had changed forever the once layed back game of sword art online had turned into a death game effectively trapping everyone inside the only escape being death or clearing floors one to one hundred. Honestly zuekin had panicked a bit at first but only for the first day afterwards he devoted his time to getting used to his new virtual body it was very strange he hadn't changed at all in size or stature but he felt lighter than ever as if he had shed fifty pounds of weight but that took little time to adjust to, and he felt comfortable enough to try going out today the plan was to look for some other players to go out with you know safety in numbers and all, but he was having trouble finding people that wanted to take the risk. "Ugh, if I don't find anyone soon I'll just have to go out by myself" after scanning the crowd a little more he was about to give up until his purple eyes settled onto a small group of players gathered together there looked to be about five of them three of them seemed farley ordinary but the other two stood out one was exceedingly tall and the other seemed to be some kind of human/cat variant race. Taking another look around before shrugging his shoulders 'guess they're my best shot I mean it can't hurt to ask, right' he thought before walking over to the group he didn't bother equipping his armor since he was in town so he was clad in his workout gear just a skin tight shirt and pants both showing of his muscular form without being in the way which was convenient. Once he was close enough for them to her him he spoke up "excuse me, you all wouldnt happen to be going outside of the town would you if so may I join you all I'm pretty experienced in fighting but this is a new experience for me and I'm not yet used to this game yet to go out by myself."

Spoiler

BYKZRcQA.jpg.e8f444c1c203caa5ab4bba3b770ba837.jpg

Seeing as how everyone was in agreement, Kazuma nodded his head and started to walk off before everyone else until he heard someone approaching them.

"Excuse me, you all wouldn't happen to be going outside of the town, would you? If so may I join you all I'm pretty experienced in fighting but this is a new experience for me and I'm not yet used to this game yet to go out by myself."

Turning around, he finds a rather muscular man wearing tight clothes that showed off his muscles. Looking him over, he could tell that the man was not lying when he said he knew how to fight. 

"Hey Ourian, looks like you got another one who answered your message. We got room for one more?" He questioned, thinking about the possibilities of a sixth player involved with their training. I guess it would work out... He looks the DPS type, seeing as he isnt wearing much armor... We could break off into two teams of three, Zyran tanking for one and Issa for another... It'll help her get some experience in tanking as well... He thought as he began to map out all the possibilities in his head.

Edited by Kazuma Mikhos

When Kazuma turned around to confront the guy behind them, Zyran's curiosity got the better of him and he did so as well. The guy was massive! While not taller than Zyran, he was definitely broader. Damn... how many push-ups and sit-ups did he do? He thought, chuckling to himself as he walked over to the newcomer, grinning.

"Looks like you know how to handle yourself fair enough. I'm sure that we could use another in our group. The name's Zyran, nice to meet ya." He said cheerfully, extending a hand in friendly gesture. Truth be told, he felt that a sixth player would be good just so that they could have an even number in case they needed to split up while training. 

Now then... let's see what you've got... He thought, waiting for the newcomer to grasp his hand. He always believed that a man's resolve is measured in their grip. 

Damn it! She dodged my question... Issanalyn thought, pouting slightly. This is gonna bother me... I'll make her spill it somehow... 

She was about to move from leaning up against Ourian's back when she noticed both Zyran and Kazuma turning their attention to someone else. Looking over, she saw a guy in skin-tight clothes and muscles everywhere. From the way he spoke to them, he seemed polite and gentle enough. I guess he saw the message too...

Raising an arm in greeting, she smiled and waved cheerfully. 

"What's up, handsome? Looking to join us? Well I hope you can handle a little crazy... Because we got plenty of it!" She laughed, lightly smacking Ourian in the back of the arm. "Right, Ourian?"

Okay, let's see if he has a sense of humor... He seems a little timid for a big guy like that... She thought, plotting ways to get him to laugh.

I wonder if we will ever run into those two here... Ourian thought as he gazed out towards the sky above the walls of the city. We could truly use your skills... both of you... Kikuro... Galateinn... If you are here... stay safe until we meet again... Suddenly, Ourian felt Issa shift her weight against her back and smack him on the back of the arm.

"What's up, handsome? Looking to join us? Well I hope you can handle a little crazy... Because we got plenty of it!, Right, Ourian?"

Positioning himself to where Issa wouldn't fall, he turned around and supported her with his arm, poking her in the side of her head with his free hand as he did so.

"The only crazy we have here is you, doofus." He teased, letting her go once she had her balance and walked over to the new comer. "I guess you got the message I sent to the whole floor. Sorry if it seemed weird to do so, we were actually hoping to get a hold of a few friends of ours that might be playing as well, but that's beside the point. If you are looking for a group to join, you are more than welcome to come with." Ourian explained, extending a hand to shake just like Zyran, who he was standing next to, did as well. "We aren't doing any quests or anything right away, more like just getting a feel for the game and its mechanics. If you're cool with that, by all means, join us. Zyran is going in as our tank, and Issanalyn over there will be our off-tank. The rest of us are pretty much DPS centered. What about you?"

Ryan turned around looked over at the very muscular new arrival, giving a quick wave to him once he spoke up and asked if he could come along. Hearing Issa's little callout, the cat player walked closer and stood beside her as she waved to him. "Hiya kitty! You can come along with us if you want. The more help the better right?" Ryan invited him, letting Ourian take care of the rest of the introductions. Putting his hands behind his head now, Ryan just motioned towards the direction of the gate out of town, ready to go. "Oh yeah, just call me Riley, I'm the cutest cat you'll ever meet!" Ryan introduced himself, winking at the new face. Depending on what he was like, he seemed fun to have around the group as another member. Whatever he was, it probably wouldn't be anywhere as much of a handful as Issa would probably be.

Zuekin didnt have to wait long for them to respond as one of there group mentioned him answering some message it was the white haired player that said this to some Ourian guy who from what he could tell must be the guy that was standing with the girl both leaning on each other's backs then the white haired guy proceeded to say tha he seemed to be a dps due to his lack of armor zuekin smiled at that 'well he isnt wrong' he thought. "Your not wrong about the dps part I do plan to be one but I have to get the Martial Arts skill first for now I've set myself up as passive dps tank u could think of me as a living cactus." after he finished speaking the tall player walked over greeting him armed with a handshake "well thank you for the compliment and it's nice to meet you Zyran" he said as he shook the man's hand with a firm grip, but before he was able to give his own name the girl that was leaning against the Ourian guy piped up calling him handsome and saying she hoped he could handle crazy "where's the fun in being sane" he shot back laughing a little at his remark. It was then that Ourian took notice of zuekin he walked over to him talking about the same message that the white haired player spoke of a moment ago "don't worry about it I'm just glad I found a group" he said rubbing the back of his head with the other he shook his hand "by the way my name is Zuekin." after he finished the final player introduced herself as Riley and claimed she was the cutest kitty "well I won't argue with you on that but wait till you see my armor your going to freak" he said walking over and patting her head "well Ourian you said you wanted to test the mechanics how about we have a little spar two of you against one of me you get to choose who fights me how does that sound I want see how I stand in a fight in this game"

Edited by Zuekin

A fellow brawler, it seems... should be interesting... Kazuma thought as he grinned. I guess the Martial Arts skill is a lot more popular than I thought. But now I really want to see what he's got...

Walking up to Zuekin, he crosses his arms and continued to grin at him. "I guess great minds think alike. I'm also aiming to get the Martial Arts skill." He always liked finding people that like to fight with their fists. How they carry themselves, their stance, the way they punch, and the fire in their eyes in the middle of a fight... That was how you could tell a man from a kid in Kazuma's eyes. What really got his attention, however, was that he issued a challenge right off the bat, two against one at that. 

"Two against one, huh... You sure about that?" He asked, his grin getting wider as his interest increased. "I would understand if you were a higher level than us, but you would be at a disadvantage if we are all equal level."

This guy is hiding something fierce, I can feel it... He doesn't seem like a newbie to MMO's to me... He's not being arrogant either, it's pure confidence... Color me interested...

A duel... Now of all times? Zyran couldn't help but find the idea appalling, considering that they were in a death game and any wrong move, even in a friendly match such as this, could prove fatal. What bothered him even more, however, was that Kazuma seemed like he was wanting to accept the challenge. 

"I mean no disrespect... but I think that this not the time, nor place, for any kind of PVP..." He said grimly as he looked over both of them. "Kazuma, I know you're a hothead, but keep your wits about you. As for you, Zuekin. I'm sure you meant it in good faith, but I would highly advise not challenging people to a duel only days after the news of a death game was announced. You don't seem the type to wish ill on others, but challenging others may be considered offensive for the time being... We don't know if someone could die as a result of a duel yet, and quite frankly, I would like to avoid any accidental deaths between players..."

Hoping that Zuekin would understand, he placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled. "Maybe some day, once we understand more about Sword Art Online, we can have a friendly duel... Until then, however, let's refrain from trying to fight other players."

"I am SO not the only crazy one here, Ourian!" Issanalyn pouted as Ourian maneuvered around her to make sure she wouldn't fall. As she regained her balance, she heard the man speak up.

"Where's the fun in being sane?" he told her, chuckling at his own words, which made her laugh a little too. 

"Fair point." She replied, walking up to him as he asked if anyone was up for a duel. "You and me are gonna get along ju- wait, did you say 'spar'?" Her expression became a little less cheerful when he mentioned that he wanted to go two against one with them. She was sure that he only wanted to just have a friendly match, but she wasn't comfortable with the idea at all. Both Kazuma and Zyran spoke up: Kazuma wanted to fight by the sound of it and Zyran thought of the idea as being ill-timed. 

"Sorry, but I kinda have to agree with Zyran..." She admitted, her tone becoming more serious. "I mean... It sounds like a good chance to see what you can do properly, but at the same time, I don't want anyone here possibly killing someone by accident... We don't even know if a duel would cause death in this game yet..." 

"Kazuma, back off... While I'm curious as well, we can't go around fighting everyone. Save it for the mobs outside the city." Ourian said calmly, admiring Zuekin's confidence. While he did want to accept the challenge, he also agreed with Zyran and Issa. It was too soon for player vs player when they didn't know if it would cause player death. 

"Forgive me, Zuekin, but I must decline the idea of dueling. Sometime in the future, maybe, but not until we know more about the game itself. I just don't want any of us to die accidentally in the case that a duel does, in fact, still follow the guidelines of dying when our health reaches zero." Ourian explained as he started walking towards the gates to the fields. They've waited long enough and he was eager to get started.

"Well anyway, let's get going everyone. I want to get to that hunting village at a reasonable time so we can see if there is lodging or if we will have to come back here."

The proposal of a duel was a little concerning to hear, but it was shut down pretty quickly since most agreed that now wasn't really the time for this kind of thing. Ryan followed Ourian to the gates of the town, ready to head out as well still. "Pretty much what the others said, but yeah, don't try to duel just yet when we haven't made any sort of progress! So let's head out now, we don't have all day!" Ryan said, raising one fist into the air for a moment. He didn't want to waste too much more time out here, so suggesting a pointless spar was a little annoying just to test mechanics. "If you really wanna test out the combat, just wait until we actually start going against mobs." Ryan said now towards Zuekin, since he was the one who suggested the spar in the first place.

After hearing everyone voicing their opinions on his idea of a duel zuekin felt a bit bad, the only one that seemed for it was the white haired player named kazuma everyone else was against it all of them seemed afraid that they might accidentaly kill one another "oh, I'm sorry I meant for it to be fun but I keep forgetting that this isn't just a game anymore I didnt mean to scare or worry any of you I just like fighting its all ive ever really known" he said with a slight tone a of shame in his voice but he quickly pircked up when Riley mentioned mob combat "yeah there is still that I hope they'll be fun to fight" he said cheerfully and began to walk with the group towards the gates. He decided to walk next to kazuma since he had mentioned he was going to get the Martial Arts skill as well he thought it would be fun to see what the man knew about fighting and if he was skilled in any styles of combat "so kazuma you said your after the unarmed skill as well right if you don't mind me asking do you have any experience in Martial arts?"