[F01-PP] <<The First Few Lessons Are Free>> A new Beginning

Brianne jogged over to the NPC alchemist's shop that was marked on her map. Her white breast plate shone bright in the early morning sun, blinding those around her. She happily climbed up the steps and introduced herself to the older NPC inside, "Hello, there! I'm Silver! I'm here to pick up the quest you posted about gathering materials." Her last sentence curved upwards, as though it was nearly a question. She wasn't too sure if she was at the right place. 

"Oh, yes! Thank you for coming, young woman. I need you to gather 5 materials for a potion I'm trying to create. In exchange, I'll treat you how to craft a potion and give you a few rewards. How does that sound?" The old NPC gave her a soft, calm smile. 

Brianne returned the smiled and agreed to take on the quest. "Of course. I'll get them for you right away." She turned to leave the shop. 

@Gladiator

With his trusty sword on his back he took a stroll down the main settlement on the first floor, he crossed his arms and looked back and forth down the streets. He smirked a bit, he liked the fact that it had been getting much more quiet since day 1. He could remember everyone in a rampage trying to get what EXP they could to grind to higher levels, it was almost funny to him. Placing a finger on his chin he thought of what he should do today, he really needed to catch up on his equipment, but at the same time he didn't really want to waste much time and grow higher, he did have a ton of quests to do. He shrugged for a moment, he just thought that this is what he gets for grinding levels of mobs all the time. Walking in front of a alchemist shop he thought that maybe it would be a good idea to purchase some potions to use in combat, so he took a step forward to enter the building.

@Silver Star

As she began to leave the shop, she happened to quite literally run into a tall man entering through the doorway. She was pushed back by the force of running into him. Once she had regained her balance she looked up and said, "I am so so sorry! I really didn't mean to run into you. Are you alright?" She took a moment to look the man up and down. Oh. This is A LOT of man, she thought to herself, now blushing. She really hoped he wasn't mad at her for running into him as he looked like he could easily take her out if she ticked him off. She glanced up at his health and stats bar. Oh. Level 39. How wonderful. He could easily squash me like a fly. She began to worry as she waited for him to reply. It was just her luck that on her first day of deciding to adventure, she would run right into the toughest looking guy in town. 

@Gladiator

Edited by Silver Star

After taking one step toward the entrance, the door opened and she had moved forward running into him, he took a step back and exclaimed outward "H-hey watch where you are going!" then he looked to see what it was. Then to his surprise, it was a female a bit smaller than her but pretty cute. He straightened himself as she looked him up and down then crossed his arms "I'm sorry for getting a little short tempered. It was an accident of course." he took a quick up and down glance at her then noticed she was still level 1, he blinked a couple times shocked then looked to her asking "So uh, why are you still Level 1? A lot of players already got their share of the mobs outside of town a long time ago, respawn times on them are a lot better you know. Are you needing someone as certainty you'll be okay? Because, I can help if you need it." he offered out to her.

@Silver Star

Brianne blushed when he asked her why she was still level 1, the embarrassed blush growing even more as he offered to help her. "Well, you see," she started, rubbing her head nervously. "I was too scared to venture out up until now." She looked down, ashamed of her answer, and sighed. "I know it's a ridiculous thing to say especially since I've spent my whole life gaming, but when faced with death once more that was out of my control, I just... froze." She caught herself telling more than she needed to. "Er- I'm sorry! I didn't mean to go on like that," she said, looking back up at him. "And yes, your help would be very much appreciated." She motioned to herself. "As you can see, even a nicely placed boar hit could take me out right now." She laughed nervously. She pointed out the door. "If you would like me to lead, just let me know, but I'm headed to a field to the North of town where I know there's a field of flowers." 

@Gladiator

Titus in hearing her go on, he gave her his full attention and cross his arms while listening. Titus shook his head with a small chuckle then exclaimed to the girl "No, don't worry about that. It's better to speak out than to keep it bottled inside. I can understand what you mean. I'm a military man, I used to be scared of that stuff too. But, you gotta be able to make the decision of being a sheltered little princess that may not see the end of this war or joining us to see the end of it with you help. It's your decision after all. While I am not ready to join the frontliners, I will get my way there." he smiled pointing at himself with his thumb. After a moment, he nodded his head and stated out to her bringing his arms to his side saying "Sure, I got nothing else better to do today other than grind mobs myself. Lead the way princess." he said joking to his sheltered princess comment.

@Silver Star

Upon hearing the "sheltered little princess" comment, Silver's smile turned into a frown. She turned to face him. "I'm not a sheltered little princess, thank you very much. We all go through our own crap. I may not have been in the military like you, but I've gone through my own type of hell," she said, her voice low. Then she cleared her throat, her voice back to its usual chipper self. "Now, would you please follow me to the field?" She did not wait for him to answer. She simply turned on her heal and led the way to the clearing. 

Upon arriving at her destination, she began looking for the flowers, searching for one that wouldn't disappear in her hand. Immediately, she spotted what seemed like a solid material, picking it up. It didn't disintegrate in her hand. She jumped in excitement. "Yes! On my first try, too!" She happily put the material into her inventory and began to look around for more flowers. 

@Gladiator

Spoiler

searching for T1 materials
Roll ID#: 129197
LD: 15 success!

1/5 materials found!

Edited by Silver Star

Titus listened, then felt a little bad he wasn't going to lie. A little upset he exclaimed to her "Sorry, it's been a while since I have spoken to someone myself, just wanted to inspire you in some way. I overstepped." he bowed a little bit. Then returning to the original mood he simply nodded his head and said out "Lead the way." then he went into his inventory and pulled out his Two Handed Straight Sword and placed it on his back with his arms crossed as they left the main settlement. Looking back he then said out "Oh, by the way. The name's Gladiator, however some when this game first started called me Gladio for short, so you can call me Gladio instead, whats yours?"

Then arriving to the field, he looked around, he placed his hand on his chin then looked around with a smile "Wow, it's been a while since I have last been here... she must be on the beginner quests then." then he looked forward to see her jump for joy, joining her in the excitement he clapped his hands together and said out to her "Sweet progress eh, feels good?" asking out.

@Silver Star

"The name's Gladiator, however some when this game first started called me Gladio for short, so you can call me Gladio instead, whats yours?"

Silver looked over, smiling. "You may call me Silver for now. I don't usually give out my real name for certain reasons." She gave a slight bow as she introduced herself. 

"Sweet progress eh, feels good?

"It does feel good. I just hope that I keep this same string of luck going. I've heard that some players stop progressing due to the strenuousness of the first few beginner quests. I heard they can get quite redundant." As she spoke, she bent down to look for more materials. The flower she picked burst into pixels. A small smile spread across her lips. "Ah, I knew I couldn't be that lucky." She stood back up and looked back over to Gladio. "So, besides the military, what else did you do in the real world? I know you didn't just train all day." 

@Gladiator

Spoiler

searching for T1 materials
Roll ID#: 129269
LD: 4 fail

1/5 materials found 

Edited by Silver Star
  • 3 months later...

Gladio let out a chuckle then said to her, giving her a bow back "Well, its not a bad thing that you aren't just giving out your real name just to anyone, especially in a world like this. I respect it." he smiled. He crossed his arms and lended up against a tree then looked around the area they were in, it had been a small amount of time before he last seen this floor, typically every day he grinded the mobs on the higher floors so he forgot how the scenery looked, it looked... refreshing almost to see how basic and calmer it was, almost non-threatening. He laughed then said "Yeah, I get where people can get that idea. A lot of it just feels like... how do I put it..." he thought for a moment then said "Busy work." he said bluntly. 

He thought for a moment, it had been a while since he had last thought about what he did out in the real world, however he looked back up to her and said "Well, it wasn't a long duration from leaving the military to entering this game. I had some... unfortunate events happen to be in the middle of that time frame. But, for the most part I guess I just liked to cook I suppose. I mostly just worked out most of the time now that I think about it. What about you?"

@Silver Star

Silver nodded when Gladio mentioned that progressing in the game was like busy work. In fact, now that she thought about it, it was as if her only job was to kill things and gather to finally get a chance at escaping. It was more of forced busy work in the end. Like they were slaves to the game. She frowned when he mentioned "unfortunate events". "I'm sorry to hear that," she said sympathetically. She sighed and then looked back up at the man, continuing to listen. 

When he mentioned cooking as a sort of hobby outside of his real life, she laughed. "Well that's one talent you have that I don't," she joked. "The most "fancy" thing I know how to make is a cup of noodles with a poached egg on top." She laughed nervously. "Yeah, I was always a much better gamer than a cooker." Then he asked what she liked to do in the real world, she had to think for a few moments. Outside of video games, there wasn't really much she liked to do... well except for one thing. 

She kind of giggled nervously before answering. "Well... I did like to go out to karaoke bars with friends or by myself to de-stress." She rubbed the back of her head and smiled. "Yeah. I know. Quite odd." 

@Gladiator

Spoiler

searching for materials
Roll ID#: 136022
LD: 4 fail

1/5 materials

Edited by Silver Star

Gladio had shook his head and said out to her "Nah, don't worry about it. It's what life likes to do best, throw punches and see how people respond with events that occur. I'm strong I can get through majority of things, at least eventually." he slightly smiled. "Well, its not necessarily a skill that everyone cannot have its just a matter of repetition, can't expect to be cooking like Gordon Ramsay within minutes of starting. I am sure if you explored more into cooking you'd be surprised on what you can make... eventually of course." he chuckled slightly. 

He shook his head with  a slight smile and said to her "Nah, it is not odd. Do what you like to do in life, just because I am not into it doesn't mean that it's odd. Tell me more about it, you drink light or heavy drinks? What's the music you like?" he said out trying to get to know her a little bit, or do the thing you should do to become friends with other people.

@Silver Star