[PP-F21] Reunion

Drip.

Drop.

Plop.

The rhythm unsurprisingly sounded all too natural these days. The tune of the of the cave if you will. Leather patted the ominous cavern floor as Oikawa strolled toward mid-day rays extending just beyond the mouth of the falls. Rushing water soon drowned out the cave's tune as he raised his hand to meet the sun in all of its glory. Its truly been too long, he admitted to himself as he trudged back to the only building within visual range of this side of the Underground Falls. His shop had stood alone for quite some time. Long forgotten in his absence and even more starved for his attention than the brunette cared to admit, the Grand Forge towered alone in the fields. His gaze took it all in. It had been months since he had last been home. Despite the capability of fast travel, Oikawa opted to enjoy the rather tedious task of floor by floor travel. Avoiding people and questions were all to easy given his limited access to towns and even the few souls he met along his way back noticed only his cursor before moving along; rightfully so he supposed. In this absence however, he had time to think.

It had been so long since he had seen anyone he remotely knew and with the latest floor cleared he had expected more headway to transpire. Alas, he was wrong, the progress made had not nearly exceeded his expectations. In fact, it was worrisome. At this rate the floors won't be cleared anytime soon. Pushing through the lobby, a surprised King served the smith an earned look of disapproval.

"I know. I know," Oikawa motioned. Settling back into his snooze, King paid the man no mind as he seated himself into one of the few chairs the shop had. His hand drafted through the air. The main menu materializing before him in typical fashion. His friends list beeped into view. Names of players he hadn't heard from nor reached out to since his last attempt to resurface. I suppose last time my resolve failed me with the disappearance of Kiru. And with the death of Opal. I only have one remaining goal. Death Adder...

His crimson eyes settled back unto this list. Check-marking a few recipients, he clattered out a small message. A simple request really. Presence. He knew not what the frontlines held in store. Unaware of what friendships and bonds he still held, and further more he no longer knew the state of Aincrad nor who or what was leading them forward. Unless something has changed there are no longer any prominent guilds, and last I heard Calrex still maintained the highest level among known players. Where are we and what is our plan? Tracking down why this happened and how to speed up the process is my top priority. Death Adder is just a luxury, but should we cross paths; my wrath will know no bounds...

Pressing send, Oikawa awaited the arrival of the party. Perhaps something can be made from the few friends he had left. Not to mention he'd need at least someone to carry back into top form.

Edited by Oikawa

Another day of not much activity passed as Calrex gave a small sigh, giving a small stretch as he leaned against the interior wall of the Amethyst Boutique. Looking back as of late, he hadn't been really active on the floors outside of the occasional seasonal event, or the floor raids. It was a significant change from before, when he was of much lower levels. Back then he chased strength to a much larger degree, one that even others recognized as a surprising jump for such a short period of time. He wasn't exactly sure what changed from back then, but the result was clear: He was stagnating.

"I really probably should reach out to that info broker again and see what new quests have come out and try to take them on, but I guess the first thing I need to address is my drive to pursue them again."

As he glanced upwards a small glint of blue occasionally dotted the light of the moon across the dark landscape. Roc was high up above at a predatory altitude, one that would allow the peregrine falcon to quickly reach hunting swoop speeds while still having significant room to adjust. The two had been partners for a really long time, to which now it seemed the bluenette could understand a lot of the non-verbal cues and gestures the creature made. Their bond as player and familiar was one that the Ultramarine Knight could put his full trust in, although he understood that to be expected, as Roc was an AI after all.

Occasionally a corrupted beast would stumble into viewing range of the shop, but Calrex's significantly higher level warded it off. Because of his presence, and the architected stability of Teayre's store, he could rest easily. It was then that he looked down, recognizing the notification alarm for a message in his inbox. With a few swipes he quickly pulled it up, his eyes widening for a moment at the sender's name. "Huh, I guess he stepped out of the Grand Forge again. Last time Oikawa didn't really step back out into the player spotlight again, I wonder if this time may be different."

"Roc, we're heading out. We're getting to see some old friends again."

Almost in an instant the bird of prey was back down to ground level, gently hovering in front of the bluenette before dematerializing. Ready to depart Calrex lifted up an arm before swinging it to the side, his formerly gauntlet-clad arms being covered in light before the Grand Gauntlets III lost their forms, turning into particles of light that formed together to take the shape of the massive axe-sword, the Grand Legionbane. His trip from the shop to the teleportation plaza in the main settlement was uneventful, the following nigh-instantaneous shift to the 21st floor being just the same.

With that he headed in the direction of the Grand Forge, one hand in his jacket pocket while the other stabilized his battle axe against his shoulder. At this point Roc reappeared overhead in a faint flash of light, soaring ahead to be on lookout as the Ultramarine Knight moved towards Oikawa's smithery at a casual pace.