[F02-SP] Eagle Play <<Training Your Friend>>

<<Nora Level 9; 180 HP; 18 EN; Katana Rank 2; DMG 5; ACC 3; Eva 0; Mit 2. Equipped Houou [Bleed/Bleed/Paraysis]; Nightmare Armor [Thorn/Mit/Mit]; Eagle Pin [Acc/Acc/Acc]; Battle ready items: healing potion x 5, Feather Pearl charm [Eva/Eva/Eva]; Clover Pin [LD+2]; Heaven's Tears [LD+1, CD+1]>>

Ok!! This is now the time!! Nora claps her own face and whistles towards the nearby tree for her eagle to come over to her. Her new eagle barely bats an eye or noticed her in any matter, shape or form. This is going to take a while...I already know it...

Nora thoughts to herself before reaching into her pocket and pulls out a small square container. She picks up some bird feed from the small container and waves to her eagle again, this time reaching her hand to show the bird the pet food, trying to catch its attention. It seems to have work as the eagle flaps its wings and flies down, landing on her outstretched arm. Nora frowned at the weight of this bird and picks up some bird feed to give him some treat.

"Please...learn this quickly, no causing trouble ok..oww!!!!" She hissed and dodged when the bird pulls on a strand of her hair and pulled. She thought she was gonna lose that hair then, but lucky that the bird lets go of her hair. She sighed. It looks like they still have a long way to go. This is what you get for getting a large predator for a familiar. Seriously...why didn't I go for the cute little cat again...? 

Alrighty then, I have waited long enough and now it is time to actually train this eagle and test out exactly what it is capable of. Nora fished out her square iron box filled with pet food from her large backpack. She has packed the pet food in the previous day just for this very same occasion. In order to train a previously wild animal, proper motivation is required, and what better way to train and to motivate the large bird of prey than food...

Well, maybe a living prey could be better able to do the trick, but that requires too much effort and she has no idea how to get live prey for the bird either, so regular pet food will have to do. She waves her arm in order to let her eagle fly up into the air. The first lesson is try calling it back and have it land on her arm.

Edited by Nora

Nora waves her hand, the pet food on her palm as she tries to call her pet over to her, but the eagle was having none of that. It wasn't even looking at her. At first, the eagle circles around high in the air above her head and chirping away happily, it eventually flies over to a nearby tree and landed on top one of the highest point of branch. Nora's expression completely froze over at that sight...

It wasn't trying to fly away is it...?

Please dear god no...not after all of the trouble that I have went through in order to find it and tame it, it surely can't just decided to fly away one day just like that. Did I do anything wrong? This is good pet food...? She doesn't understand why the eagle wasn't interested in the food itself. Maybe it perfers to hunt its own food? But it is AI, not alive though...

Edited by Nora

Nora tries to whistles at her eagle, she has seen videos on how to train a bird what in real life and it has something about starting with whistles to call the bird back. That was before she remembers that she was supposed to whistle every time that she feed the bird, so that it associate the sound of a whistle with food, and that was what attract it to fly over. Since she has never done that before, obviously the whistle has no meaning and of course it is not going to come over to her.

She then remembers that instead of a whistle, she can also replace it with calling its name. Back when she was doing renovation of her new shop, she has been chatting (talking one sided) with the bird, and given how AI works in this game, it should understand that Aragon is its name. 

Edited by Nora

Nora then tries to call its name and at the same time, stretching out her arm further into the arm, motioning for the large eagle to fly over to her. Strange...today, it seems like he was almost not interested in the food, I wonder why...

That was when she recalls that she has feed it its breakfast already, so it was running a full stomach at the moment. No wonder it didn't feel like eating.

THAT SPOILED BRAT!!!

IF this is in the wild and in real life, it would fly over for the food regardless of whether it is hungry or not!! Since it doesn't know when its next meal is going to be, but since she has been feeding it constantly now, it loses all motivation to hunt for food. It is spoiled by her! She thought she was doing it a favour!! Fine, if it was going to be this way, then next time she won't feed it before taking it out to train!

ID# 129200 results:

Craft: 3

<<failed>>

Edited by Nora

Well...it was not like she has enough courage to starve a large bird of prey anyway so she was going to feed it nevertheless. But it will be a good thing to remember next time, don't feed it too much before the training.

If not food, then what else is the bird interested in? She wonders to herself, and that was when she remembers back when she first met this eagle, it was lured to her by combat. Maybe it is time to unsheathed her sword...again. Nora eyeing the innocent looking wolf nearby and decided to take a shot at it instead. "Aragon! Prepare for combat!" She calls its name, before launching her sword art Tsuji Kaze at the nearby wolf. At least this way it knows calling its name means she expected it to join her in combat. She actually hasn't seen anyone fighting with their familiar at this point, so she doesn't really know what to expect.

Wolf 90 HP; 27 DMG

ID# 129631 results: Battle: 3 (+3 ACC); MOB: 5 (missed)

Nora; 180 HP; 14/18 EN; DMG 5*4 (tsuji kaze)=20

Wolf 70/90 HP; DMG 27

Edited by Nora

Nora frowned and narrowed her eyes at the wolf's health bar and then at her own sword. She was doing damages...that's for sure, however, it was not doing as much damage as she was hoping she could do. At the way things are going it will take her five turns to take down this wolf, and her energy will run out long before that. This is bad...she needs to consider her match and her equipment more carefully. IF needed, maybe spending some sp on an energy regeneration skill would also be helpful. Right now she was hoping that she could land a critical hit and let the bleed help her out. With that, Nora turns her attention back to the wolf and dodged its incoming attack. When they passed by each other, Nora spin around her heels and perform tsuji kaze at the wolf again, this time landing a critical just as the wolf bites its teeth onto her arm. 

ID# 129632 results: Battle: 9; MOB: 6

Nora; 162/180 HP (MIT slot 2=18 mitigation); 11/18 EN (-4+1); DMG 6*4 (tsuji kaze)=24

Wolf 25/90 HP; (-12 from bleed, -9 from thorn)

Edited by Nora

Nora took a deep breath and took a step back. She cannot keeps on spamming her sword art like this, she will run out of energy soon. For now, since she has the bleed effect activated, she can afford to take a breath and allow her energy to regenerate for a bit, the bleed affect can still do its damage at the mean time. She was carefully backing away when the wolf suddenly charged against her at top speed. Her eagle let out a sharp cry in warning and takes to the sky, it circles around them in mid air. Nora's eyes widen as the wolf managed to crushed a part of her armor, landing a critical hit against her. She bare through the pain before slashing her sword across the wolf's neck, hoping to at least do a little bit of damage in retribution. That was a critical as well.

ID# 129633 results: Battle: 10; MOB: 10

Nora; 135/180 HP; 11/18 EN (-1+1); DMG 5+2

Wolf 6/90 HP; (-12 from bleed)

Edited by Nora

The wolf landed on all four of its legs as soon as it crosses path with Nora. As soon as it landed, it turns around, baring its teeth and rushes back at Nora. It was angry and it wants payback, she can see it clearly in its eyes. From the way that it moved and the estimated path that it was taking, it looks like it was going to land a hit on Nora too. Unfortunately the bleeding really slowed it down and it bleed to death before it could even reach Nora. Nora sheathed her sword and exited out of combat mode. At least this way, her energy could recover a little bit faster. She will do out of combat training and gathering while she waits for her energy to recharge itself. She slide her finger across the HUD in mid air, checking her loot and was surprised to find a critical fail in looting. Appearantly this happens too...

ID# 129634 results:Battle: 5 (+3 ACC);  MOB: 6

Nora; 135/180 HP; 11/18 EN (-1+1); DMG 5

Wolf 0/90 HP; (-12 from bleed) dead

ID# 129635 results: Loot: 1; CD 6 <<nothing>>

<<2 materials, 180 col, 270 col>>

Edited by Nora

Now that the combat was over and safe for the eagle to land, Nora whistles to the eagle and calls out to its name. "Aragon! Come back to me!" She outstretched her arm, gesturing for it to land on her arm, but now that the combat was over, whatever that was captivating it before also vanished. The large eagle let out a clear and sharp cry and flaps its wings, it flies back towards the nearby tree and landed itself on top of the same branch once again. Nora could only stare at its back as the large bird picks on its feathers and giving itself a comb over. "HEY!! PAY ATTENTION TO ME MISTER!!" Nora shouts at its back, but the bird was not having any of it and doesn't even look like it was listening. She manages to get its attention for a little while, but she needs to keep that attention.

ID# 129201 results:

Craft: 6

<<failed>>

Edited by Nora

Nora sighed. Well...at the very least, she was making a little bit of progress, even if it was baby steps, at least she knows where its interest lays now. Hopefully this will help her train it better. If it likes to fight and will only pay attention to her in combat, then that's fine too, she will just have to put on a good show that's all. But the lack of energy is a big problem. Currently, without the critical hit, she will possibly finish off a monster similar level to her in about 5 turns or so with tsuji kaze, but she cannot perform tsuji kaze for five turns in a roll, her energy reserve simply won't allow it. Then, she will just have to fight and then take a break to search for materials, and fight again. This gives her a bit of breathing room and keeps her health bar and energy in a safe position.  Nora searches for material.

ID# 129636 results:

Loot: 20

<<1 material>>

Edited by Nora

She got lucky last time as she walks along the river side, heading towards the tree that currently acts as the eagle's resting place. On her way over there, she spotted something shiny, a rare blue stone and she picks it up from the ground. A material that she could use for some of her crafting later on, this will be useful. Once she stands back up and standing straight again, she looks around, trying to find another one of those rare stone, but it looks like she couldn't find any more of it around this part. She heads for the tree once again. As she approach the tree, she can't help but complains at the eagle, she's not sure if it can understand human speech or not, but maybe since it is AI, but her tone definitely shows her annoyance. "I feed you so you are supposed to come to me when I called."

ID# 129637 results: Loot: 7 <<nothing>>

Edited by Nora

"Honestly...I don't know what has gotten into you. I thought you like the food from before. But really, it isn't that hard. I just need you to fly over when either I call your name or if I whistle. If you could do that, I promise you that you will get a treat for it!" Speaking of treats...what does eagle like to eat anyways...? Mouse...? Where am I even going to get a mouse in this game anyways? Maybe they sell pet treats at the merchant's...no..stop...don't try to buy everything at the merchants, you are making a really bad habit out of it, fix these stuff yourself!

The eagle was barely paying attention to her now. She continues on anyway. "Anyways, it doesn't have to be food, if you like to travel, I will take you on a walk..or a fly around if you behave yourself." She nods, thinking that this will be a good compromise.

ID# 129638 results:

Loot: 11 <<Nothing>>

Edited by Nora

The eagle turns its head to look down at her over its over shoulder, and makes a weird little noise. Nora has no idea what it could possibly means and she has no experience interrepting a bird's facial expression or body languages either. But whatever it means, at the very least it was looking at her. Although it was looking down at her as if she wasn't the owner and it was the owner instead. But at least she wasn't background material anymore and she counts that as an improvement. You gotta look at the bright side, otherwise this game might just kill you in a different way.

Maybe I just need to communicate what I want from it more clearly. "Yes. So, come over when I call and you shall be rewarded, and always stay by my side unless I need you do watch over the shop. Do that for now, and you shall be rewarded for your effort."

ID# 129639 results:

Loot: 15 <<1 material>>

Edited by Nora

The eagle tilted its head and cooed to her. She has no idea how she gets this but she has a feeling that it was asking her what kind of rewards that she was talking about.

I can't believe that I am bargaining with an AI wild animal right now. What have my life just become?! But oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do. Also, she felt less like this was training and more like it was a black market transaction now, she needs to rear away from that and focus more on actual training, but right now she just need to get the basic down. "I will take you on a walk 1 time per day, either in the morning or in the evening depending on how many customers we got, and if you behave, I'll take you on combat quests as well. Sounds good?" She asked, and the eagle finally turns to face her.

ID# 129476 results:

Craft: 8

<<1/3 success>>

Edited by Nora

The eagle lets out a clear cry and flies over to her, it landed on her shoulder. Nora turns to look at her pet and smiled. It seems like they have reached an agreement of some kind and that's good??? Even if it was bargaining, if it accomplished the task then it is ok to her.

Nora nodded before speaking again. "Ok. Good. Then let's test this out. So what I need to you do, is fly up in the air, and when I enter into combat, I need you to buff me and give me damage enhancement. I read the game manual and it is something you should be able to do. Let's test this out on that wolf over there then." She unsheathed her sword and allows her eagle to fly up before making her move on the wolf, performing her sword art tsuji kaze at it. The wolf was taken by surprised and missed its chance to counter against her.

Wolf 90/90 HP; DMG 27

ID# 129640 results: Battle: 7; MOB: 4

Nora; 180 HP; 14/18 EN; DMG 5*4 (tsuji kaze)=20

Wolf 70/90 HP; DMG 27

Edited by Nora
Nora nodded in confirmation as the eagle flies up in the air and started to circle around them. Any time now, whenever it is ready, she could really use the damage buff. But it does not means that she will let her chance goes to waste. Nor carefully watches the wolf number 2, and when it charges at her, she readjusted her sword and performed her sword art tsuji kaze against it again. Landing a hit, but the wolf was surprisingly more agile and flexible in its approach then what she has originally thought of. After taking in the hit, it did not back away as she has planned, but instead, it readjusted its position and bites right back at her. Unable to retreat in enough time, the wolf manages to bites down on her leg. Nora hisses in pain but bare through the pain just fine. This should be fine, she can do it.

ID# 129641 results: Battle: 7;  MOB: 8; DMG 27

Nora; 171/180 HP(18 mitigation); 11/18 EN(-4+1); DMG 5*4 (tsuji kaze)=20

Wolf 41/90 HP;  (-9 from thorn)

Edited by Nora

Nora gasped and cursed, bring down her sword harshly across the wolf's neck, slashing across its digital skin and fur. It was a hit. When the wolf attempts to bites down once again at her, she kicks the wolf harshly against its stomach and moves back and away from it. Taking a breath of air as she tries to calm down, her energy running low once again after only having attacked twice. It seems that the more she levels up, the tougher her fights have become. Yes, sure, she seems to be finishing her opponent faster now, but she was running out of energy a lot faster too. She calls over the the eagle in the air. "Aragon! Is your damage buff ready? I would like some help over here!" The eagle chirps in respond, but she didn't feel any difference from before. She was waiting for a respond but hasn't received any.

ID# 129643 results:Battle: 6; MOB: 5

Nora; 162 HP; 8/18 EN(-4+1); DMG 5*4 (tsuji kaze)=20

Wolf 21/90 HP;  

Edited by Nora

Nora looks even more confused now. She heard the eagle's cry so that means it responded to her right?? So the damage buff is coming...? But she didn't feel anything to be different at all. She looks up and it looks like now even the eagle was confused???

Nora quickly retreated and backed away from the wolf. She was not attacking it until she can figure out exactly what is going on around here, and because she backs away waaay back, the wolf missed its attack against her as well. Now both the player and the monster stood at opposite side along the river, they are in a forced stalemate as she waits for the eagle to do something. But it looks like it was frustrating the eagle as it couldn't figure out how to do buffs. There's nothing she could do to help the eagle, the player is running a different system, it just has to figure it out by itself.

ID# 129645 results:

Battle: 2

MOB: 4

Edited by Nora

Nora waits for a bit before the eagle let out an angry cry. Somehow, even though she still has no idea what it was trying to say, but she figures out that it doesn't really know how to do buff...any buff for that matter and it looks like she will just have to finish off this wolf on her own. It wasn't really hard, she has done it before and it wasn't like she was scared either, since she has killed one only a few minutes ago. "That's fine. Don't be discouraged. Let me finish off this wolf and then we can figure out what's the issue and try this again. I got time."

With that, Nora once again performed her Tsuji Kaze against the wolf, this time, allowing the wolf to take a bite at her. The thorn damage will help her finish this fight a lot faster than she could do it herself.

Battle ID# 129647 results:Battle: 3; MOB: 6

Nora; 162 HP; 5/18 EN(-4+1); DMG 5*4 (tsuji kaze)=20

Wolf 0/90 HP;  (-9 from thorn) dead

Loot ID# 129648 results: Craft: 10; Loot: 5

<<2 materials; 180 col; 270 col>>

Edited by Nora