[F02-SP] Eagle Play <<Training Your Friend>>

Before she could check up on her eagle, her crafter instinct takes over as she checks her loot. Doesn't seem like much but still way better than nothing. She was however, a little bit worried about her energy reserve. It looks like she has the energy to do one more sword art and that is about it. She didn't think she would be this frail, well...she is kind of frail in real life, but this is a video game and her set up is a dps. She thought her stamina would be somehow better. In any event, she is in no condition to continue fighting. Must take a rest so that her energy can recover. She looks around for materials, but found nothing. Then she looks up and calls over her eagle. "Aragon. Returns to me!" She calls and hold up her arm, the eagle landed on her arm docilely.

ID# 129649 results:

Loot: 5 <<Nothing>>

Edited by Nora

Nora smiled at the sight of her eagle coming over to her and landed on her arm just like she has asked of it. Even though it wasn't able to perform damage buff for her, but the very motion that it now responds to her command brings up a smile to her face. It shows improvement and it shows that this eagle could be trained after all, and that is all that she is asking of it. She was not asking for a combat ready familiar right out of the gate, she understands that it takes time to practice and learn how to do the skills needed. Nora reaches out a hand and gently pets the eagle on its head and smooth away at its feathers. The eagle was not very happy at the treatment, it shakes and threaten to fly away again so Nora retreated her hand but fish out a treat for it instead. She switched out her evasion trinket with her clover pin for LD +2

ID# 129653 results:

Loot: 1 <<Nothing>>

Edited by Nora

Nora feeds the eagle the pet treat and smooth along its dark brown feathers once again before speaking gently to it. "Don't be discouraged Aragon. You are doing fine. Everyone starts somewhere, not all familiar can learn to do buffs on their first try, there's no need to be embarrassed or frustrated. You just need to keep you shoulder up, and try again, and again if needed, until you get it right. I think...I don't have the right to tell you this either, since I myself is one of those slackers who couldn't do combat properly and I was always slowing the team down with my what, damage +2 dps? Hardly can call myself a dps, but still...as long as we don't give up, one day we will get it right. And we can learn and grow together, does that sounds about alright to you? " Nora smiles and speak calmly.

ID# 129654 results:

Loot: 2 <<nothing>>

Edited by Nora

The eagle cooed and snatched the pet treat away from Nora's fingers. It wolfs down the pet treat in record time, apparently regaining some of its own energy back as well. It looks a bit more energtic then before but still not as confident as before. The failed attempt at applying buff does seem to affect it and Nora was trying to think of a way to cheer it up again. That was when the eagle suddenly flies up and towards another location. "Hey!!! Where are you going?!!" Nora calls out after it and starts to chase after it. After so much trouble taming the bird, the last thing she wants is to lose the pet. Even if it can't learn combat buff today, there's always tomorrow and it can help her watch over her shop at the meantime. She definitely didn't want it flying away. That was when she noticed that the eagle has spotted a rare stone on the ground.

ID# 129656 results:

Loot: 16 <<1 material>>

Edited by Nora

It scared her and send her heartbeat in a panic pace. She thought she has done something wrong to anger the bird and scared it away or something. But it looks like the bird was just trying to make up for its past failure by finding a material for her instead, that was a relief. Nora sighs as she tries to calm herself down, it really is giving her a scared. She reached out her arm and calls its name, and the eagle flies over to her, landing on her arm. "Don't do that again Mister! Are you trying to give me a panic attack or something? I'm gonna tell you right now, don't ever fly away from me like that again, or you are getting no treat for the entire day. No treat! You hear me?" The eagle chirped and extended its wings. Nora suddenly felt a rush of energy flowing over to her, she felt stronger than before.

ID# 129478 results:CD 7

<<2/3 success>>

Edited by Nora

Nora blinks a couple of times in surprised at the sudden rush of energy flowing through her. She was speechless and slowly turns her head to look at the eagle currently landing on her arm. There was a moment of silence that past by them as neither being makes a sound, the wind was blowing and the instincts were chiping. Before Nora finally breaks out of the silent spell and find her voice once again. "Did...did you just...perform a damage buff on me...?" She asked hesitantly, not fully believing on what just happened. She wasn't even in combat and she hasn't ask it to perform the buff, and yet, the effect was the same. She definitely felt the difference. "Did you figure it out when you saw that rare stone? If so, could you now perform this buff at will? Or is it still random? Like a passing thought?" Right...

ID# 129657 results:

Loot: 1 <<nothing>>

Edited by Nora

The eagle looks confused too at the moment and makes no moves. Nora waits patiently, waiting for it to figure this out on its own by giving it the time and space. Before long, the eagle seems to find an answer. It made some random noises and flaps its wings, moves its head up and down and turn itself around and around in circles on Nora's arm. It was obviously trying to tell her something and communicate with her, but once again, she doesn't speak eagle language. But somehow, deep down, she has a feeling that she understands what it was trying to tell her. When Aragon saw that rare stone on the ground, its hunting instinct took over and it charges forward. That deserve to charge in and fight powers up the damage buff, it passes to her when it landed on her. At least, that's what she thought it meant.

ID# 129658 results:

Loot: 12

Edited by Nora

Nora nodded. "I think I understand now. It is good that you are able to figure this out on your own, it seems like you are born a natural fighter after all. However, it is not enough to just know how to perform the buff, you will have to be able to do it at will too. You will need to be able to do it when I needed the buff, not just when you are on a hunt for a prey or a prize. On that note...I need you to be able to pass the buff to me without needing to be in physical contact with me. I anticipated that I might be in situation where it is dangerous for you to land near me, and it will take too long to land anyway. It might be too dangerous for me to hold still so that you can land too...would you be able to pass the buff through your voice, that way, when the sound wave spread out, I can have the buff? You don't have to figure this out right now, just think about it and try to see if it can be done. Passing by feathers is ok too, stealth situation might require it."

ID# 129659 results:

Loot: 14 (+2) <<1 material>>

Edited by Nora

The eagle tilted its head, clearing lost in thoughts, and Nora waits as it tries to figure out how to do her request on its own. There is nothing she could do at the moment as she herself has no idea how to do buff either. She has no idea how to do any buffs so she will just have to leave it to her familiar to figure it out all on its own, it seems to be kind of sort of smart anyways, so maybe it will just figure it out. After a moment or two, the eagle let out a loud cry. Nora blinks, not really understanding what it was trying to do, but after a moment or two she figures out that it was trying to do the buff and pass it onto her by a scream. It just didn't work that's all. "Don't let that get to you, try again. You can try as many times as you want until you can get this right. I have already closed my shop for the day so we have time for trial and error."

ID# 129660 results:

Loot: 12 <<nothing>>

Edited by Nora

The eagle nods and expended its wings, it flies up and high into the air, clearing its throat as it lets out yet another loud cry once again. This time, she felt the familiar rush of energy flowing over her body once more. It works! Quickly, Nora asks the eagle to try a few more times. Sometimes the buff will work and sometimes it doesn't work, but they tried for the entire duration of the day until just before nightfall. At the last ray of sunshine about to disappear from the horizon, the eagle finally manages to get the buff down and can more or less accurately apply the damage buff onto Nora. Nora nods in satisfaction and she whistles, calling the eagle over to her. Now that the task is completed, she needs to make her way back to the safezone and fast, before it is night time and the monsters come out to play. With the eagle back on her arm again, she quickly make her way back to town before the last of the sunlight disappears from the sky.

ID# 129479 results:

Craft: 7

<<3/3 success>>

Edited by Nora

As Nora and Aragon makes their way back to the safezone, they came across a group of wolves just a little bit outside of the safezone. Although Aragon has barely just finished his training, Nora thought now would be a good time to test out his combat skill and maybe get a little bit of team synergy going on. It is all well and good to know each other's skill set, but when fighting together requires practice, so at the very least they won't interfere with each other's attacks. Nora raised her arm and allowing Aragon to fly up into the air before unsheathing her own sword. Taking a look at the new wolf, she noted that it looks about the same level as the previous wolves, before closing in for her attack. However, she didn't expect the wolf's instant reaction, it heard her coming and it turns around, taking a bite out of Nora's arm just as the same time that Nora hits it with her attack.

Wolf  90 Hp; DMG 27

ID# 129717 results: Battle: 5 (+3ACC) MOB: 9

Nora: 171/180 (18 Mit) HP; 14/18 EN; DMG 5*4 (tsuji kaze) =20

Wolf: 70/90

Edited by Nora

It looks like Nora's initial assessment was way off the mark. Even though the new wolf appears to be around the same level as the wolves that she has faced from earlier today, this one is packing a lot more heat and is also a lot more hyper aware of its surroundings. After Nora manages to twists her own arm away from the wolf's mouth, she manages to slice the wolf across its neck, landing a bleed effect on the wolf. But the wolf was not finished, as soon as her sword moves out of the way and Nora's body was in the clear of the weapon, the wolf jumps up and took a bite at Nora's neck. Landing a critical hit on her as well. Nora's eyes widen in shock and quickly backed away at the first opportunity, this wolf was getting criticals in like it was nothing. Now she sort of wishes that she has evasion enhancement.

ID# 129732 results: Battle: 8 (bleed) MOB: 10 (crit)

Nora: 160/180 (18 Mit) HP; 11/18 EN (-4+1); DMG 5*4 (tsuji kaze) =20

Wolf: 38/90 (-12 for bleed) hp

Edited by Nora

Nora withdraw back into a safer distance and eyeing the wolf carefully with full cautions. It has now becomes very clear to her that she was taking this wolf way to ligthtly. She won't hold up for much longer if it keeps on managing to land critical attacks on her. She needs to be more caution about where she lands, avoiding any more damages to her if at all possible. Right now, although things looks bad, it is actually better than it looks. The wolf is already down half of its health bar and with the additional bleeding effect, the fight should be over sooner than later. Nora carefully studied the wolf's movement, and when it begins to show sighs of attacking, she moves out of the way preemptively. Stepping to the side and avoiding the wolf's attack. When they cross path, Nora raised her sword and slice across the wolf's body.

ID# 129738 results: Battle: 8 (bleed renew)  MOB: 4 (missed)

Nora: 160/180  HP; 7/18 EN (-4+1); DMG 5*4 (tsuji kaze) =20

Wolf: 6/90 (-12 for bleed) hp

Edited by Nora

Nora steps around the wolf, careful in maintaining her distance with the monster. With the wolf already having its health bar in red, it means that she doesn't even have to attack anymore. The additional bleed effect should be enough to take care of it. Right now she needs to focus on keeping her distance so that she can regain as much of her energy and health bar back as possible. This shouldn't be hard if she can just focus on the defense. Soon, the wolf bleeds to death and disappears as digital pixels. Nora went up to where the wolf's body was and checks her loots. So far, it doesn't look like she was getting much in the way of unidentified equipment. But at the very least she was getting materials, and that will help her with her crafting. She looks up at the sky, there's still day light left.

ID# 129742 results:

Battle: 8

MOB: 2

Nora: 160/180  HP; 7/18 EN (-1+1); DMG 5

Wolf: 0/90 (-12 for bleed) hp dead

Loot ID# 129743 results: Craft: 7; Loot: 5

<<4 materials, 270 col>>

Edited by Nora

There is very little sunlight left and night was about to fall onto this world. The monsters will be more active during night time and possibly more aggressive and stronger too. She needs to get back to the safe zone, but at the same time, she wants to take advantage of whatever amount of daylight that was left. This was a difficult choice to be made. At one hand, she wants Aragon to get use to the way she does combat right now. Despite how many mistakes that she was making at the moment, it needs to be familiar with the way she fights. But on the other hand, her energy is running dangerously low at the moment and she needs to take a rest outside of combat. She calls Aragon over and allowing it to rest on her shoulder as she makes her way back towards the town, looking for materials as she walks.

ID# 129746 results:

Loot: 3 <<nothing>>

Edited by Nora

Walking with the eagle on her shoulder, she took a look at her surroundings, searching for more materials that could help her with her shop. But it doesn't look like she was going to find any here. She should have regain some energy back from the brief moment of being out of combat, but she doesn't know if she will have enough time to fight one more monster before the day time is over. She was having a really hard time in deciding on what to do. She turns to ask her eagle on its thought. "So, Aragon, what do you think? Should I pick up more fight before the day was over, or should I just head back. I might not be able to stop the fight in time before nightfall." The eagle makes a small cooing sound. Nora raised an eyebrown at that. She still can't understand eagle speech, but she was getting better at interpreting what it was trying to say.

ID# 129749 results:

Loot: 7 <<nothing>>

Edited by Nora

There is not a lot of daylight left for the day and Nora didn't want to fight anymore. It has been a long day after all. And she just wants to get back to the shop and start crafting some more. She has already gotten some material from her previous fights and maybe one or two random materials from out of combat search and that should have been enough for now. If she needs more materials, she could always go back to the nature's treasure to gather for more materials. Right now, it is more important for her to become familiar with the layout of the second and third floor. She has a feeling that the third floor will become more importantly later on, if only for the reason that it will be the place where she will have her shop. She pats her eagle on the head and fishes out some more treat for it, keeping an careful eye out for potential monsters.

Edited by Nora

It was strange...this does not look like the way she came from. The scenery on both sides of the road looks strange and unfamiliar to her. Did the forest change shape while she was walking or is she really getting lost over here. That's not good...it is one thing to be left in the dark outside of the safe zone and yet another thing altogether if she is stuck in a brand new region. The second floor monsters shouldn't be that much stronger than the first floor monsters, but nevertheless, she doesn't know their levels and does not want to run into any hidden boss or anything like that. She looks at her eagle and silently gesture for it to fly high up in the air and survey the surrounding. See if it can find the way back to the safe zone from the higher altitude. The eagle let out a cry and turns towards another direction, it looks like she really was heading the wrong way.

Edited by Nora

It really does look like she was heading deeper into the forest and further away from civilization. Thankfully her air head nature hasn't got the better of her this time around and she realized that she was lost in record time before it was too late. She follows her eagle and turn around, narrowly avoiding the deeper part of the forest. On her way back she heard sounds in the forest, strange sounds that wasn't there before during the daytime. It sounded like howling, but it also sounded like a weak cry. She has goosebumps all over her skin as she stopped herself from thinking exactly what kind of creature would make that kind of noise. She hopes that it wasn't a player because she didn't want to investigate the noise any further. It was most likely some kind of monsters trying to lure her in, at least that was what she tries to tell herself.

Edited by Nora

When it looks like she wasn't going to investigate the source of the crying sound, the sound actually moves closer to her. It was as if the source of the sound was following her and catching up to her. That makes the hair on Nora's neck stands up and she felt goosebumps all over her arms. She motions for her eagle to fly faster, never mind about her she can catch up, but she doesn't want to remain in this forest for any longer. Whatever the source of the sound was, it was definitely not friendly and it looks like it was coming after her for some reason. For now, there's still some distance between then, and Nora took a deep breath and starts to run towards the direction where the eagle was flying towards. As soon as she started to run, something ruffles in the bushes behind her and a shadow charges out, giving her a chase. Nora didn't dare to turn back, lucky that she wasn't that far away from the safezone. Without even a glance back, Nora charges towards the safezone with her full speed, she narrowly makes it back to Town before the last ray of sunshine disappears from the horizon.

---------------------------------------------------------------

• Familiar mastery skill (may only have one unlocked at a time. Only unlocks first level of the mastery skill.)
  • 1 SP (First completion only); 2 sp for 2 pages
  • 12 mats, 1290 (1170 col +5%) + 800 for 2 pages = 2090 col
Edited by Nora