[F01-PP] <<Nature's Treasures>> Making some friends

James sat around the fountain in the middle of the town square. He had planned to go out searching today for materials with his sister, but she had taken off earlier this morning to go train by herself. He respected that. Sometimes you just needed your own day to yourself. 

Well now he was waiting to try and see if anyone else was in the mood to gather and hunt today. He yawned and lay down, his back resting on the cool marble bench/wall of the fountain. Some of the water splashed on his glasses while he was laying down. Not moving his torso, he removed a handkerchief from a pocket in his armor and dried his glasses. Boy are these things annoying, he thought to himself. Even in the real world the darn things were always getting dirty due to dust or smudging or whatever was in the air at the time. 

It is that time of the year again, Bees are buzzing, flowers are getting out and the sun is rising, Bloody hell what am I doing here. I thought as I walked on floor one again, Always staying up in that cold cold frozen place with the best info broker on the whole floor, wait, the only one on that floor. HA~ Pride takes them all Have sin on me I'll do anything for a bit of coin! I tough putting my hand behind my head as I walked on. But I was on this floor for one reason, Getting materials for my shop again, Some nice gems would do and maybe some silver and gold too.

While here I notice yet again I'm being looked at, lovely, just lovely. I liked it but still, can I have some privacy. Sure guys like my looks, with a battle skirt like this who would not Tease the hell out of them if I needed to. Still, I did wear pants under the skirt. And to make things fun I even had a Chest plate with a snake on it to make sure people knew I was the info Broker known as 'The Snake'. Walking over to the fountain I saw a guy, bit nerdy with his glasses and well tall as a giant almost. I knew many people would gather here to start a material hunt but still, I'll take him. I walked up to him and with my hand behind my back greeted him, "Hello there! Mind if I ask something, you look rather handsome and I thought you may be interested in helping this girl out to gather some materials," I said with a feminine voice to him.

@James_Hawke

James jumped a little as he heard a voice suddenly speak to him. He had been focused on cleaning his lenses a little bit too much. "Hello there! Mind if I ask something, you look rather handsome and I thought you may be interested in helping this girl out to gather some materials," he heard a feminine voice say. He put his glasses back on and looked up at the player, squinting slightly until his eyes adjusted. James quickly got up and sat up to be polite. "Uh, sorry, I wasn't expecting that," he said, explaining his reaction. "B-but yes, I can help you look for more materials," he said, stuttering due to nervousness. His voice was surprisingly soft for someone as tall as him. Then he took a second to study what appeared to be a woman in front of him. Hm, slight build, nice body... he said while looking her up quickly. Then his eyes settled on the health bar above her head. His eyes widened. Oh, jesus. She could murder mehe thought to himself. He decided to be on his best manners in order not to get on this woman's bad side. "Would you like to lead the way?" he asked politely while getting up from his seat by the fountain. He was definitely tall, even compared to the average man. He stood at 6 foot 4 with a thin yet muscular build. His black hakama looked spectacular in the sun, fitting loosely to his body. 

@Ennakai

Edited by James_Hawke

Well great, he seemed nervous already, guess he is not good around people this is going to be fun! I thought as he seemed okay with my request. Seemed I was not the only person getting ready to gain some materials. "Would you to lead the way?" He asked me and I nodded as I turned around on one foot very elegant, Yeez, need to get used to these heels, I thought, looking at them. "Just follow me, I know where the garden is, Its really not that far from here, Just outside the walls of this place," I said to him looking behind me as he followed me. I leaned a bit over my own shoulder to get a look at him as he "Guess a Name is fun, I'm Enna, You may know me from my books or shop but under a different name, The Snake. Info Broker," I said with a tone full of pride. "And what is mister Handsome's name If I may ask, Plus what your profession as well, you look like someone taking up a profession in my eyes," Most people would not notice but All I can say, I know how to read people for things they want and things they don't want.

@James_Hawke

"Guess a Name is fun, I'm Enna, You may know me from my books or shop but under a different name, The Snake. Info Broker," they said. James' cheeks flushed. He couldn't believe he hadn't introduced himself. Are my manners really going that quickly?he scolded himself. She talked about her profession and books. "Oh, how interesting! Being an info broker must be an enjoyable job!" He then cleared his throat and said, "The name is James Hawke, part of the Hawke Clan family in Scotland." Yes, he had over-exaggerated his title to try and impress her. He just hoped she didn't catch on. He was really just part of an old family of knights that were one of the original high families in Scotland.

"And what is mister Handsome's name If I may ask, Plus what your profession as well, you look like someone taking up a profession in my eyes," they said. 

James blushed even further upon being called handsomeOdd. No one has been this... nice with all the compliments before. He wondered if they were up to something. Hopefully nothing bad. He shook his head clear of these thoughts and answered. "I am a merchant on the first floor. Hawke Identifier and Alchemist," he said proudly. "My sister will be joining me soon enough to become a partner in the business." 

@Ennakai

Spoiler

searching for T1 materials
Roll ID#: 129400
LD: 10 no materials found

Getting to the gate slowly I took down my speed to walk next to the guy, James Hawke, from scotland, YEH He from Scotland Mate, I thought jokingly in my head as I walked next to him. Getting outside of the place I looked over to him again as he said what he was doing, "Sooooo... you got a sister being alcamist, and you being a merchant, Lovely. I have my own shop on floor four being a Artisan, best there is If I must say," I said proud. "And yes it is a fun job, Killed a guy who killed my client, then nearly got killed myself, Died almost again. Kept quiet, then after that nearly got killed again, then murdered someone in cold blood," I said to him with a innocent smile almost like I was joking, Well I was about the last part, I only killed one guy.

walking outside My dagger on my hip disapeared and a gold like cape moved over my shoulder, It did not really fit my purple theme but with some small works it seemed to fit with my armor still a bit. I was kind of still laughing inside my head about his name and his land being from SCOTLAND! but give the guy some respect he dared to come with me. Turning to him I pointed at the small flower field and fance, "Right over there is the garden, It has the best spot in the floor to gain materials." I said to him before taking the lead again.

Equipt  Perfect Cape Of Gold [T1 Jewel | LD 3

@James_Hawke

Edited by Ennakai

"And yes it is a fun job, Killed a guy who killed my client, then nearly got killed myself, Died almost again. Kept quiet, then after that nearly got killed again, then murdered someone in cold blood," they said. 

He stopped walking and stared at her. "Well you are a dark one now, aren't you?" he said. Once her realized those words had actually come out of his mouth instead of staying in his head, he immediately covered his mouth with a hand. "I-I apologize. Um. Please don't kill me," he said, his voice soft and sweet. Great. Here he goes making friends with a maybe psycho girl. It was his first time to running into such a thing in the game. Jeez, I go and try to make friends and I run into a killer. Ugh, I just hope I don't get killed. I need to join frontlines to save my sister and get us out of here. 

Suddenly, a pair of flowers caught his eye. He quickly bent down and picked up the materials, glancing at Ennakai to make sure she wasn't going to attack him. 

@Azhoda

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 129401
LD: 15 +2 materials 

Found so far: 
2 T1 materials

Edited by James_Hawke

Turning my look to him I smiled "We are all a bit dark I guess, But look," I said pointing up to my cursor, " Its green, meaning I have not killed anyone, As Info Broker I do risk my neck a bit but killing is not what I do," I said to him just to make him calm again, True being an info broker is risky but I did kill someone, but he tried to kill me and my friend so I just killed him instead. But no need to tell James that. 

I turned my attention to the ground again and nodded, "Well time to see what this place has for me this time," I said happily looking around for items to gain for my shop. Even with my luck, I had, being nothing I seemed to look for nothing at all getting no materials that I could use at all, maybe start and go fishing would help as well. "Hey James, Come over here. There is a lake nearby and I got myself something I can use over there. I'll promise I won't go skinny dipping or something, at least not yet," I said with a tease waving him over with a smile to come and get with me to the lake that was in the garden.

@James_Hawke

Roll ID: 129404 | LD 2+5=5 | Nothing

Edited by Ennakai

He had to admit that she was right. She wasn't a player killer since her icon was green. "Alright. I guess I'll just have to trust you on that," he said smiling. 

While Ennakai began to search for items again, he followed suit. He bent down and immediately found two white mushrooms. Ah, wonderful! he thought to himself. It seemed like today would be a day of good luck. As he put the items in his inventory, he heard the woman say, "I'll promise I won't go skinny dipping or something, at least not yet." He coughing, hiding his surprise and blush behind his hand as he covered his mouth. "U-um, I don't know what to say to that," he said honestly. He really had never been in such a situation before. He tried to keep from imagining what they make look like underneath their armor... No! No! NO! he told himself, clearing his mind again. 

Spoiler

roll ID#: 129405
LD: 20 
+2 T1 materials

2 + 2 = 4 T1 materials total

Edited by James_Hawke

Looking over to James I could not help but giggle a bit as I turned around walking over to the small lake, Taking out the fishing rod I had I looked one more time to James and winked. Taking off both my Armor and battle skirt to fit a more relaxing outfit. still on my heels and wearing A normal Purple and red marking Skirt, And as top a white blouse with short sleeves "One two and THREE!" I said before throwing out my rod.

With one good throw of my rod, And not long before I got something, Taking the rod up again something seemed to be stuck to it. Seeing what is was being a clamp that got hold of my rod. Taking the Clamp from my rod and looking at it I placed it into my inventory. "Hey James, you sure not want to join me in a swim, the water feels nice. Ooh, who am I kidding Just get over here so we can talk a bit more I would love to know you more," I said smirking a bit.

@James_Hawke

Roll ID: 129406 | CD 8 | 2 Materials Fished Up

2 T1 Materials

Edited by Ennakai

James watched as she masterfully cast her line, gathering materials as she reeled it in. "Oh, wow," he muttered to himself. He wasn't aware that such a skill had existed in game until now. And she seemed to be talented at it. 

Then she spoke once more. " "Hey James, you sure not want to join me in a swim, the water feels nice. Ooh, who am I kidding Just get over here so we can talk a bit more I would love to know you more," she said. 

He gulped and his face reddened. "A-alright," he stuttered, walking over to her and stepping up on the shore of the lake. Okay, play it cool. You got this, he thought, trying to talk himself up. He quickly changed out of his armor and equipped a pair of light blue swim shorts. He also unequipped his glasses. He didn't truly need to wear them in game since the headset appeared to fix his vision. He usually wore the eyeglasses as a matter of habit and appearance. His body was surprisingly tones. His shoulders a bit broad. All his days of working on the farm had kept him quite fit. And he still had had to train everyday as part of the family tradition, which kept him healthy as well. 

"Alright," he said once more. "So, what did you do before you were trapped in the game like me." He lowered himself in the water as he waited for her response.  

Heck, I was really surprised by the guy that he took the bait like that, It was not like I had a plan on going into the water. That would ruin the surprise for sure. But I just kept fishing. He asked me what I did before all of this, well I could not lie so I said what I did, "Helped my parents in their restaurant as a waiter. All the while I went to school, yeez, I still remember how of a magnet I was back at school for the guys. Can't blame them who don't like me," I said with a smile to him. 

I felt something heavy pull on my rod and it was not getting any closer for me at all. What the hell, why you bloody thing. Please don't tell me it is a boss monster, I thought to pull against my rod as it seemed to almost bend and snap. Then it began to pull harder and harder, what was this thing at the end of my rod. Sadly if one pull of my rod I lost balance and the strength to pull my rod back and flew into the water itself.

I fell into the water, clothing all wet and hair dripping as it was hanging on the water. My white blouse became a bit see-through and I just stared at James getting a bit of a reaction would not hurt. "Well... Guess I am going swimming now," I said with no shame on my voice at all. I opened my inventory and the skirt I was wearing disappeared and became some swimming trousers, as my white blouse, became a tight black sleeveless shirt.

@James_Hawke

ID Roll: 129468 | CD 1 | Nothing

2 T1 Materials

"Helped my parents in their restaurant as a waiter. All the while I went to school, yeez, I still remember how of a magnet I was back at school for the guys. Can't blame them who don't like me," Ennakai had said. "Hm, that sounds like an interesting an interesting career and... um..." He blushed trying to think of something to say about the rest of what she had said. "I can see why they would be attracted to you." He laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his head. He would admit, she was quite cute. 

Then he watched as her line was pulled hard enough to bring her into the water. He rushed over, checking to see that she wasn't hurt. "Hey, are you alright?" he asked, a tinge of concern in his voice. He blushed and looked away as he saw her top become see-through. "Um, my apologies. I'll look away while you change." Once she had changed into some swim wear, he turned back around, wearing a concerned expression. He hoped that she wasn't hurt at all. 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 129501
LD: 6 fail

Edited by James_Hawke

Ooh this poor guy, what am I doing to him. I kind of want to meet his sister now too see if she is just as flustered as him, I thought as he came over to check out on me. "Naah, I'm alright. Pain is not a thing here so I risk a lot of things I did not do in the real world like climbing trees... Nope wait, I did that." I said turning to James as he stood quite concerned. Making sure my hips were under the water just to keep the fun going for me at least.

"Your a nice man, Very gentleman like. Not many like you walk around these days. Asking is a person is alright and all. Probably something in the family I guess." I said looking him good up and down again. Then it struck me, He looked kind of like my friend, minus the glasses and his height. I felt a bit quiet as my mind went back to those memories. "James... If I may say something..."Why am I doing this!!!!! "Um... you kind of look like my best friend you know, except he was much smaller and did not wear glasses." My voice sounded completely different from before thinking back at my friend. Clapping on my cheeks a bit I smiled again "Well don't go dying on me as well!" I said sounding like the Ennakai from before.

@James_Hawke

"Naah, I'm alright. Pain is not a thing here so I risk a lot of things I did not do in the real world like climbing trees... Nope wait, I did that," Ennakai said. This did not help with James concerns at all. He sighed. "You should still try to be more careful," he said. 

Then she continued on, saying, "Your a nice man, Very gentleman like. Not many like you walk around these days. Asking is a person is alright and all. Probably something in the family I guess." He was taken aback a little by the statement. "Oh, yes. It was drilled into me at a young age to respect others and be honorable and polite." All part of a family of knights' teachings. Even though it was boring to him, it still did teach him how to behave properly. He would give the training that much. 

As Ennakai described their friend, James tilted his head, curious. I wonder where this could be going, he thought to himself. Then she said, ""Well don't go dying on me as well!" His eyes widened in surprise, but his expression quickly changed to one of sadness and empathy. "Do you need a hug, Ennakai?" he asked softly. It seemed like she did. She had been hiding emotions for quite some time from what he could tell. And hiding those emotions could eat at a person's very soul. While looking at the player, he realized that two pieces of a water plant had rested itself on their head. "Er... One moment. Just hold still, please," he said as he reached out and carefully took the items from her head, putting them into his inventory. He looked back down at her with a smile. "Sorry, it was just that you had something on your head." 

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 129502
LD: 20 +2 T1 materials

+2 T1 materials found

Edited by James_Hawke

"um Nope Don't need a hug, I'm alright," I said, I really didn't like when people showed empathy to me. For some reason, I have never felt good when people did this to me. But still, it would be nice to tease him more but not when I got my guard down like this. "And that doesn't mean I'm giving you permission to hug me just yet, Maybe later but not now," I said to him  Turning to him for a second to watch what he was doing. 

If he hugs me he would probably be shocked from my body,  So better not go and hug me, mister, I thought to turn my back to him and Threw my fishing rod into the water keeping my hips below the water. With a good throw, I got my line far in and not many seconds later it pulled and I took a full-on pull on the line and got myself a small chest with some gems inside them. "Bingo!!!" I said taking the materials

@James_Hawke

129503: CD 12 | LD 11+3=14 | 4 Materials

6 T1 Materials

"And that doesn't mean I'm giving you permission to hug me just yet, Maybe later but not now," Ennakai said. James smiled to himself. "I look forward to it," he said. I see they don't like opening up to others, he thought to himself. He would make note of it for the future. He watched as she went back to fishing, watching her arms throw back and swish the line into the water. He saw her pull in a rather large chest filled with gyms and other materials. "Wow! Good job!" he exclaimed. He wondered if he could get that lucky with any of his finds today. 

As he was watching her gather all the materials, he thought he heard something in the brush around the lake. "Hey, keep fishing, I'll go check out whatever is making that noise," he said while stepping out of the water and re-equipping his armor. He followed the rustling deeper into the forested area around the lake, breaking line of sight with Ennakai. He knew it was dangerous to go venturing off alone by himself, but he figured that he wasn't in too much danger. It was only floor one after all. Still, he remained on his guard as he ventured forth. 

He eventually reached a clearing where he saw a large boar digging around for grubs in the ground. Ah, that must be what caused all the commotionhe thought to himself while readying his spear. He waited to see what it would do before he attacked it. He wanted to make sure it was alone. 

James: 60/60 HP | 6/6 EN | 3 DMG | 32 MIT | BLEED | 2 LIGHT MOMENTUM | 1 EVA

Spotted: 
Large Boar: 30/30 HP | 10 DMG

Edited by James_Hawke

Yeah Yeah, I'll stay here I have nothing better to so now anyway." I said throwing my rod out again looking over my shoulder for a second to keep an eye out for him. I saw him leave into the woods not far from me and I got out of the water. Drying my hair a bit slowly, And putting on my black and red markings hood and white shirt, as well as my battle skirt and a purple band around my middle. Pulling over the hood I made my way over to where James when and tried to find out something about this guy, Don't believe anyone until you know the Hard truth, I thought as I started sneaking my way over him.

Following him right behind he didn't even notice me. Following James for a bit I jumped up a tree and stayed above him, He didn't even notice me going up. With my hood up and following him from above, I made sure he did not do something he would regret. However, on seeing what he saw I smiled a bit and thought it looked cute, The noob found a weak mob to fight that got his attention. Well don't make me save your ass James, No need to mess up now do you, I thought taking my position above the boar to make sure if things did go bad I could jump out and attack

@James_Hawke

Action Sneaking | ID 129689 | LD 20+2= 22 Stealth | Pass Passive perception 
Switching Golden Cape for Snakes Fang [T1 Dagger | DMG 1][Bleed 2]

As James crouched there waiting for an opening, he didn't even notice Ennakai above him. Once he made sure that the boar was alone, he dashed out, charging towards the boar and puncturing its hide with his assault spear. He tossed the beast to the side, drawing his blade out of the meat of the thing. Then the enchantment on his weapon activated, tearing the wounds apart and keeping them from healing. The boar cried out in pain as James grinned. His whole demeanor had changed. "Not so tough now, are we piggie," he said, his voice louder than usual. He braced himself as the boar got back up on its feet, preparing for it to charge. As the beast shook its head clear of the fog of pain, it raced towards James, who easily vaulted over it using the pole of his spear. He landed behind the beast. "Now it's my turn again," he said under his breath, preparing to attack once more. 

Spoiler

basic attack vs. large boar 
Roll ID#: 129704
BD: 10 (+2 crit, activate bleed)
MD: 6 - 1 = 5 fail

James: 60/60 HP | 6 - 1 = 5/6 EN | 3 DMG | 32 MIT | BLEED (1/2) | 2 LIGHT MOMENTUM | 1 EVA
DMG dealt: (3 + 2) + 12 BLEED = 17

Spotted: 
Large Boar: 30 - 17 = 13/30 HP | 10 DMG

Edited by James_Hawke

Looking at the battle as James looked a bit different during a fight, more forceful for sure. I looked down to get a better look at the battle that was happening below me. Looked like Mister James was getting his fighting spirit up and seemed much more dangerous than I first let off. No wonder, A timid nature hides a strong wielding fighter, I thought looking at him. 

But then my hood fell over my head completely and my vision got blocked by my own hood. it was dark and I lost my momentum as I made a lot of sounds in the tree before I lost my balance. with a swing and grab, I fell down a few branches. Before my legs caught on a branch close to the leaf bed at the bottom of the tree. Hanging upside down from the tree now a bit behind James. My hair stuck out of my hood and my stomach revealed a bit as my shirt fell down my body a bit. I held up my skirt with one hand to make sure not to reveal too much, While my battle skirt's padding hanged down as well. As well that you could see my dagger in my mouth. I kept quiet with my voice but for sure he would have heard me no matter what I tried to do now.

@James_Hawke

Action Stealth | ID 129706: LD 4+2=6 | Failed Passive perception.