[F02 - PP] ...Like Banging Your Head Against a Wall <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

Spoiler

KogaHP: 180/180 // EN: 18/18 (17 +1 -1) // DMG: 2 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

The Boulder: HP: 5/50 (7 -2) // EVA: -2
ID: 130481
BD: 11 (7 +2 +2)
DMG: 2 -0 = 2

Koga heard the yelp come from Noct's mouth as she accidentally kicked the ground...hard. The man winced. That had looked like it hurt.

"Hey Koga!" NIGHT called to him.
"Yup! I heard that," Koga called back, already heading over to Noct who was now sitting on the ground, nursing her foot. The man punched the rock angrily as he passed it on his way to the women, not really bothering with checking its health. Stupid Boulder.
"Koga, do you think you can take a look at Noctua's foot? She might need to be carried back to town after this," NIGHT said as Koga knelt down next to Noct. "That...didn't look pleasant...are you okay, hun?" Koga asked as he gingerly touched her foot, feeling around for: A) any point where she may have broken her foot, and B) to see what hurt, and what didn't. Hopefully it wasn't anything too bad.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180 // EN: 18/18 // DMG: 1 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

The Boulder: HP: 5/50 // EVA: -2

No Action Taken

Whelp, that seemed to gain all the attention onto herself, which instantly made the woman blush. Mainly in the frustration of the new found situation. "Y-you alright there? If it hurts you shouldn't kick the rock anymore." Noct looked at NIGHT and she nodded lightly. "Perfectly fine..." Slight sarcasm, don't mind her. And then Koga was being called. Well, this was going to be an interesting encounter now wasn't it. Now, Noct would be an idiot to miss the way that Koga hit the rock, it was full of anger. Yeah, this wasn't going to be good at all now was it.

"Koga, do you think you can take a look at Noctua's foot? She might need to be carried back to town after this." Nope, no way in hell was she about to get carried back to town. She wasn't to hurt, right? "That...didn't look pleasant...are you okay, hun?" Koga, she will apologize for this later. "Yeah, super pleasant to miss the rock and hit the ground. Super fun ya know." She stopped talking, the sarcasm just dripping from her words, but she sighed all the same.

Soon enough Koga was attempting to touch her foot and she resisted the urge to smack his hand away. "Koga, I love you, but if you touch the foot one more time, I might not stop myself from smacking you." Again, sorry Koga. Another sigh as she moved her foot a little from Koga. She really hoped that he wasn't about to be hurt or mad at her. She was going to have to go and buy a lot of ramen to make up for this. "Go finish beating up your rock hun. I'll be fine, pretty sure I can find a way to get myself back to town too." An attempted smile, she was trying. She was trying to show that she wasn't mad at him, though the glare that went past his head to the boulder, yeah she was mad at that.

@NIGHT

With how annoyed Noctua was acting, NIGHT wondered if she should've suggested Koga help her at all.

On the other hand, she had a point. The sooner they got to breaking the rock, the sooner they could leave -- and get their friend treated. Girlfriend in Koga's case.

"Gimmie a second," the woman breathed, trying to keep her cool and her friends unalarmed with a smile, before rising and heading towards the rock. This punch was for Noctua, mostly, because she had been so nice to her, and also very patient with The Boulder and Koga's odd request.

But she could also claim the damage for herself. With the fist that had been numbed earlier, still red from the pain, she took a swing, knocking out almost a majority of what was left of the rock. Tiny debris scattered across the grass, vanishing slowly into crystal lights.

Only shambles of itself remained, and NIGHT cursed it under her breath.

@Yukiro

ID: 130537 | BD: 14 (10 +2, +2)
Basic Attack vs The Boulder.
1 + 2 = 3 DMG

The Boulder | HP: 2/50 (-3) | EVA: -2

NIGHT | HP: 220/220 | EN: 18/22 (+1, -1) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 1

Edited by NIGHT
Spoiler

The Boulder HP: 50/50 | EVA: -2
ID# 130538 | BD: 7 (3+2+2)
 Yukiro: HP 280/280 | EN: 28/28 | 3 DMG | 2 ACC | 18 MIT | 2 HEAVY MOMENTUM | 1 REG 
 The Boulder: HP 0/50 (-3)

His eyes were closed, but Yukiro listened in on what everyone else was doing over there. 

Koga walked over to Noctua and knelt down next to her "That...didn't look pleasant...are you okay, hun?" 
"Yeah, super pleasant to miss the rock and hit the ground. Super fun ya know."
"Koga, I love you, but if you touch the foot one more time, I might not stop myself from smacking you. Go finish beating up your rock hun. I'll be fine, pretty sure I can find a way to get myself back to town too.

Ah, so her foot really was broken. That settled that. It was time to go home. Yukiro stood up and approached the rock right after NIGHT had punched it. 
"Pardon me." 
He walked past NIGHT and raised his fist. In one rapid, twisting movement he slammed his fist down into the rock with enough force to shatter it into many fragments. 
Turning to the rest of the group he called out, "We're done. Noctua, let Koga carry you." Those last words had quite a bit of force in them. "Koga, hurry up and finish the quest so you can carry her to where she will get medical treatment."

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

KogaHP: 180/180 // EN: 18/18 (17 +1) // DMG: 2 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

"Yeah, super pleasant to miss the rock and hit the ground. Super fun ya know." Koga rolled his eyes at Noctua's response. Look on the bright side kid, at least she'd picked up something from you...your acerbic knack for sarcasm! The man continued to tenderly test her the woman's foot, but Noctua lashed out at him again, "Koga, I love you, but if you touch the foot one more time, I might not stop myself from smacking you." The man raised his hand sin the air in surrender. He knew better than to argue right now. "Go finish beating up your rock hun. I'll be fine, pretty sure I can find a way to get myself back to town too."
"Uh huh...we'll see about that, hun," Koga said as he got back onto his feet to go 'beat up his rock'. When Koga turned around he saw Yuki deliver one last punch, and the Boulder burst into powder...well...okay then..."We're done. Noctua, let Koga carry you," Yuki said, "Koga, hurry up and finish the quest so you can carry her to where she will get medical treatment." Wow...that was...kind of impressive. Before Koga could even go look for the quest giver the strange old man appeared out of nowhere next Koga crying, "Oh! You break rock! Good job! Now go back down mountain and clean face, you no learn more here." Christ, the NPCs in this game were freaking terrifying sometimes...

@Noctua

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180 // EN: 18/18 // DMG: 1 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

She watched as NIGHT went to the rock, and instantly she knew that she was going to have to find some way to apologize to her friend. Today was just a wonderful day wasn't it. But it was Koga who still kept trying to poke and prod her foot to see how it was. Though, her threat seemed to have gotten him to back off. Thank god he knows how to handle the amount of sarcasm that she has learned from him. "Uh huh...we'll see about that, hun." She looked at Koga and shook her head. "I'll be fine. Just gotta get moving. Help with the Just no shoe, so help me up please." Here was hoping that no one suggested anything that was going to make her ang....

"We're done. Noctua, let Koga carry you. Koga, hurry up and finish the quest so you can carry her to where she will get medical treatment." She looked at Yukiro and grumbled, "No one is picking me up unless it's to help me to my feet. I'm not weak I can freaking walk here people!" Um, would someone like to try and calm this woman down before she causes a scene, in the middle of no where. Though, as she tried to get up by herself, a string of words came from her, but all in french, and none of them friendly if someone was to understand what she was saying.

"...fine, someone can carry me..." And there was the admitted defeat that everyone was going to be looking for. Stubborn woman.

@NIGHT

NIGHT tried to avert her gaze from Yukiro as he stepped by to knock out what was left of the rock. Just like her, he seemed to be losing his patience, though with regards to what, she wasn't able to tell. Instead, she turned to Noctua, watching her curse out her leg in what she could guess was French. Impressive. It almost made her wish she was bilingual.

"Koga can do it," she called out with a smug look, risking what was left of her social credit with Noctua, before turning over towards the entrance that they came through from. She rubbed her sore, red hands, massaging them as she walked, examining them to ensure there were no bruises or cuts on them that had to be treated as well. Whoever made this quest in particular... they must've been a masochist, honestly.

"So you guys have any other plans after this?" The woman barked behind her, turning around to walk backwards for a moment.

@Yukiro

Noctua gave Yukiro a glare. 
"No one is picking me up unless it's to help me to my feet. I'm not weak I can freaking walk here people!"
No, no you can't. You have a broken foot. That one of the only ways people lose the ability to walk. 
Sure enough, when Noctua tried to stand up sh immediately started to speak very violently in a foreign language. What was it, French? Italian? Spanish? He didn't know languages all that well. 
"...fine, someone can carry me..."
"Koga can do it," NIGHT immediately called out with a smug look. Yukiro had to wonder who else would do it, seeing that the two were dating, but he didn't point it out. Without waiting NIGHT turned away and started off towards town. 
She must have plans. 
"So you guys have any other plans after this?" NIGHT called back. She turned to walk backwards. 
Yukiro gave it some thought. 
"I don't personally. Probably go out and fight something. Maybe I'll come back and take this quest myself." 
He didn't really plan on coming back. But it was an option he'd leave open just in case. 

@Koga

Spoiler

KogaHP: 180/180 // EN: 18/18 // DMG: 2 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

"I'll be fine. Just gotta get moving. Help with the Just no shoe, so help me up please," Noctua requested. Koga got back to his feet and moved to the side, wrapping an arm around Noct's waist and helping her to her feet. When she was on her feet, Yukiro suggested that she be carried back to town which was only with resistance...that was until she actually tried to walk. "...fine, someone can carry me..." Koga chuckled sympathetically as NIGHT volunteered him.
"I was kinda planning on it anyways guys."

"So you guys have any other plans after this?" NIGHT asked the group as they started to walk back towards the town. Koga was carrying Noctua, piggy back.
Yukiro was the first to answer, "I don't personally. Probably go out and fight something. Maybe I'll come back and take this quest myself."
"Hold up a second," Koga cut in, "You all have plans, remember? I promised to buy you all a good meal after this. And no, you can't get out of it, just ask Yuki how that went for him last time. So what are you guys in the mood for?"

@Noctua

Spoiler

You know, normally, Noct would have been blushing with Koga's arm her waist, but right now, nope, not at all. Currently she was just letting out a sigh as she was soon picked up and moved to be carried piggy back style. She looked at him though and leaned her head on his shoulder, "You know, you still have whiskers. Does this mean you're actually a wolf?" She smiled as she whispered the words into his ear.

The talk of plans soon came up and she glanced around at the rest of the party. Well, this was already going to be an interesting meal. NIGHT was walking ahead of them, Yukiro for some reason seemed like he just wanted to be away now, and Koga was threatening to do something to them. Wait... "What did you do to Yukiro?" She hadn't been told this story, so it should be interesting at least. Besides, a meal might just help take her mind off of the foot that was hurting. Such a fun day.

@NIGHT

"Hold up a second," Koga barked, interrupting, "You all have plans, remember? I promised to buy you all a good meal after this."

"Can't I--"

"And no, you can't get out of it, just ask Yuki how that went for him last time. So what are you guys in the mood for?"

NIGHT groaned to herself. She wasn't a fan of being treated as part of a big group, mostly out of concern for the host. But whenever they insisted, she'd come to accept she had no say in this what so ever. Now... there weren't a lot of food options available on Urbus, but if they were heading back to Floor 1...

"What did you do to Yukiro?"

Actually -- yeah, she'd never heard Koga hanging out with Yukiro before. "Do tell," she added, turning around to watch where she was going. "And I'm down for some hot pot! Give me that free flowing beef!"

@Yukiro

"Hold up a second. You all have plans, remember? I promised to buy you all a good meal after this," Koga reminded them. Ah, that's not a good sign there. 
"Can't I--" 
"And no, you can't get out of it, just ask Yuki how that went for him last time. So what are you guys in the mood for?
Oh no. He'd forgotten that Koga wanted to 'pay him back' again. He had to figure something out, fast. 
"What did you do to Yukiro?" Noctua asked. 
No, don't ask that! It's nothing important! 
"Do tell," NIGHT agreed. "And I'm down for some hot pot! Give me that free flowing beef!" 
No, don't agree either! You'll get me roped into this! 
Yukiro took a moment tot think. He needed both a way to dodge the question and get out of the group activity. Come on, think... 
"It was nothing worth sharing," he told them, hoping that would avoid the question. And for the group... "I... can join for a little bit, but I'll have to leave early. I do have something to take care of." 
Yeah, that should do it. Good job, Yukiro. 

@Koga

Spoiler

KogaHP: 180/180 // EN: 18/18 // DMG: 2 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

A soft grin spread over Koga's face as he felt Noctua lean her head on his shoulder. She started to whisper something in his ear, "You know, you still have whiskers. Does this mean you're actually a wolf?"
Koga's eyes went wide as he realized he had never rubbed the paint off his face. And it wasn't exactly like he could do that now. Looks like Koga was gonna walk into town with whiskers on his face...

And then everyone was asking about what he'd done to Yukiro. Koga was going to just leave it a mystery, but Yukiro beat him to the punch saying, "It was nothing worth sharing." Well...not quite...but that was fine.

"Hot pot it is then. And fine Yuki, be a stick in the mud and leave early, but for now, onwards to meat!"

The four would make it into town soon enough, and that was when Koga had a bit of a realization. He had no clue if any places around here even had hot pots. "Uh, NIGHT? You wouldn't happen to know where to get a hot pot around here, would you?"

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

She watched as his eyes went wide from the realization that he hadn't taken the whiskers off. It made her chuckle a bit, which was thankfully taking her mind off of her foot at the moment. She still wanted an answer to her question though, about what he had done to Yukiro. But it was Yukiro who said something first, "It was nothing worth sharing." Well, that meant that is was worth sharing, but to save Yukiro any embarrassment that he must have been feeling, she moved her head to lay back on his shoulder.

"So, you're gonna tell me later then right?" Everyone was focused on food and here she was, focused on trying to figure out what her boyfriend did to their friend. Priorities are odd aren't they. Of course, NIGHT wanted something that was probably only going to be found on the first floor, which she didn't exactly mind. It would be the home floor after all.

@NIGHT

It seemed like the two men were trying to dodge the question, and while the curiosity irked at NIGHT a little, she wasn't too pressed by it, continuing to stroll at her own pace. And while she wasn't too keen on Yukiro's presence at the moment, the thought of him losing out on what was essentially one of the best meals ever was more than a little disappointing.

"Floor 1!" NIGHT replied anyway, trying not to think about what her friend had to do that would be better than all-you-can-eat feasts. "There's this place in the northern wing of town. Shabu-Rai, if I remember correctly. I'll show you guys!"

The troupe eventually reached Urbus, and while NIGHT was desperate on rushing towards the teleporter, she stopped midway and turned to Koga and Noctua. "We wanna tend to that foot first? It only seems right to take a look at it before we enjoy ourselves downstairs."

@Yukiro

"Hot pot it is then. And fine Yuki, be a stick in the mud and leave early, but for now, onwards to meat!" Koga said. 
Yes! It worked! Yukiro just had to stay for a few bites then he'd be home free! Everything was working perfectly! 
Koga continued. "Uh, NIGHT? You wouldn't happen to know where to get a hot pot around here, would you?
"Floor 1!" NIGHT told them, "There's this place in the northern wing of town. Shabu-Rai, if I remember correctly. I'll show you guys!" 
Yukrio nodded and followed the group, led by an excited NIGHT. Eventually the group reached the main village and was about to reach the teleporter when NIGHT stopped and turned to Koga and Noctua. 
"We wanna tend to that foot first? It only seems right to take a look at it before we enjoy ourselves downstairs." 
Yukiro nodded. I don't think I'd be able to enjoy myself if we didn't even try," he told them. 
Not that he'd be sticking around the entire time.

@Koga

Spoiler

"So, you're gonna tell me later then right?" Noct whispered in Koga's ear.
"Only if you promise not to kill me," Koga whispered back. Yeah. She might try to kill him anyways.

Koga's attention turned towards NIGHT as she began to talk excitedly, "Floor 1! There's this place in the northern wing of town. Shabu-Rai, if I remember correctly. I'll show you guys!" Thankfully someone knew where to get a good hot pot.

The group soon found themselves at the teleporter, and NIGHT turned Koga and Noct, "We wanna tend to that foot first? It only seems right to take a look at it before we enjoy ourselves downstairs."
"I don't think I'd be able to enjoy myself if we didn't even try," Yuki agreed.
The man looked over his shoulder at his girlfriend. "It's probably healed up right? Not like the real world where it takes months. Wanna give walking a go?"

@Noctua

Spoiler

"Only if you promise not to kill me," haha that was a funny thought. Was it really something that she was going to kill him over? She would just have to wait and see now wouldn't she. She was curious as hell though, but it was stopped when the talking of what floor to go to came up. Oh right, food. This wasn't a date or you know, just the two of them together. Oops.  Sorry NIGHT, sorry Yukiro. Either way, she thought about how she was going to get there. The throb was still in her foot, but she was able to move it. So that meant that she would be able to walk now right? That was going to be a nice thought. "We wanna tend to that foot first? It only seems right to take a look at it before we enjoy ourselves downstairs." "I don't think I'd be able to enjoy myself if we didn't even try." "It's probably healed up right? Not like the real world where it takes months. Wanna give walking a go?"

Woah hold up, when did everyone turn to focus on her. She buried her face into Koga's shoulder for a moment before she nodded. "Yeah, I should be good. I can move it so walking shouldn't be horrible." If anything a limp would be there. So, stepping on her good foot first, she was on the ground and a ginger step on the other foot. Slight pain, more like a sprained ankle now. Another nod, "We are good." She was now hoping that the attention was going to be off her. Please, no more center of attention.

@NIGHT

NIGHT squinted at Noctua's ankle as she tried walking again. "I mean, if you say so," she offered, not really knowing much about how a broken foot should look like. "I didn't know healing would be this quick though. I should keep that in mind for the future. Ah, our food--!"

Instead of taking it slow, her excitement reignited her vigour, and she tore down the streets towards the teleporter. She waved the others over, bringing up the light to wash them away when everyone had gathered, to find themselves in the centre of the Town of Beginnings. Home sweet home.

Then came her mad dash over to the shop. It was through a series of different alleys, garnished with ivies and signs of different kinds, all indicating different stalls available in the north wing. Shabu-Rai stood at the intersection between three paths, its exterior designed out of wood in a modern Japanese style, its lumber well maintained, showing little to no signs of mold. Impressive, for being in a dark corner of Aincrad like this.

NIGHT waited for her party members to get there, bouncing on her feet excitedly. She couldn't wait to experience a brief sense of normalcy again.

@Yukiro

"It's probably healed up right? Not like the real world where it takes months. Wanna give walking a go?" Koga asked Nocua, who promptly hid her face behind Koga's shoulder. Once she was ready, Yukiro watched Noctua slowly get back on the ground and try walking. 
"
Yeah, I should be good. I can move it so walking shouldn't be horrible."
She took a few cautious steps. As far as Yukiro could see, she was doing better now. Not completely better, but better. 
"
We are good.
Yukiro nodded. 

"I mean, if you say so. I didn't know healing would be this quick though. I should keep that in mind for the future. Ah, our food--!
NIGHT suddenly took off towards the teleporter. Yukiro hurried (as much as he could while slowing for the injured Noctua) to catch up with her. Once everyone was on the platform, they were whisked away to the Town of Beginnings. 
NIGHT sped away again. It was all Yukiro could to to stay where he could both see NIGHT leading the way and be seen by Koga and Noctua. It was a struggle, but eventually he arrived at the place NIGHT was leading the group. He glanced back at Koga and Noctua to see where they were at. 

@Koga