[PP-F02] First field Boss hunt <<Long Live The Queen>>

"Teleport Urbus!" Those were my words at that moment, And as soon as I said that I appeared to be in Urbus, the main settlement of floor two. I took a few steps away from the teleporter and looked around, Aaah Floor two, Feels good to finally get something done, I thought as I placed my hands on my hips looking happy. Turning around I looked for my friend who should come into the teleporter any moment now. I was going to need to wait for him a bit so I took out my glaive from my back and opened my world map looking for the location from here, I knew that placing a marker would help to find the location faster but I still needed to hope I did find the right location straight away.

Knowing that the Field boss was causing trouble for NPC that would mean it was close to a settlement, and knowing where the wind wasps spawn was known to me. Being around the fields of floor two near the edge of a forest close to a cliff. It was really known to anyone who came here before. There were no special requirements for this field boss like the nepent of floor one but still, it means this field boss was not going to be easy. At least not for Koga to do alone.

Spoiler

STATS

Azhoda: 22 
HP 440/440
EN 44/44 
DMG 9
MIT 18
 ACC 1

SKILLS:

• Two-Handed Weapons THAS Rank 4
  • Parry
    • Reduces the final damage of the next successful attack against you by 50% (rounded down) and negates stun/paralysis effects of that attack. If you are targeted by multiple creatures on a single enemy turn, Parry will only apply to the first attack against you.

EQUIPT ITEMS

• Gliding Glaive (T1 THAS | Perfect | DMG 2, ACC 1 )
  • Silver Pads (T1 Heavy Armor | Rare | MIT 2 )
  • Empty
    • 5x  Standard Healing Potions (T1 Potion, Heals 50)
    • 2x  Vicious Dragon-Fang Potion (+3 Damage for a thread)
    • 1x Rhino's Horn (the First crit ignores 40% of MIT not granted by block)
    • Empty
    • Empty

SWORD ARTS

Rank 1

• [x1 AoE] Sonic Charge (1 Energy +2 per target hit) - A forward thrust which explodes energy at the end of the move.
  • [x2 Stun] Twin Thrust (5 Energy) - A pair of quick thrusts aimed at the user's knees to immobilize them.
  • [x2] Heft (2 Energy) - Lift the heavy end of the spear diagonally across your opponent from the ground, cutting their torso with the tip.

Rank 2

• [x3] Fatal Thrust (3 Energy) - A single powerful thrust.
  • [x4 AoE] Hellish Twice (4 Energy +2 per target hit) - A pair of alternating sweeping motions which damages multiple targets.
  • [x4] Mighty Charge (4 Energy) - Charge your opponent fiercely and impale them with your spearhead. Your opponent is then lifted up before being slammed into the ground from the momentum of your maneuver.

Rank 3

• [x5] Revolve Arts (5 Energy) - Two roundhouse kicks followed by two sweeping strokes, concluded with one final thrust.
  • [x6] Dancing Spear (6 Energy) - An acrobatic combo involving sweeps, pole vaulting with kicks and a concluding thrust.
  • [x6 AoE] Trip Expand (6 Energy +2 per target hit) - An attack with several 360 spinning attacks that cover a wide area.

Rank 4

• [x8 Stun] Divide (11 Energy)- A single vertical sweep after briefly spinning the spear which cuts straight up the middle of the enemy and finishes by striking the bottom of their jaw.
  • [x10] Vent Forth (11 Energy) - A five-hit skill that employs three spinning slashes, concluded with one final thrust which stuns the opponent

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga

Level 11

HP: 220

Energy: 22

DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Skills

>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword

>> [Rank 2] Katana

Equipment

>> Tier One Demonic Katana <<Jack's Kuiaratame>> [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Fallen]

>> Tier One Perfect Light Armor <<Shaded Coat>> [Evasion // Evasion // Regeneration]

>> Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Tearful Strands>> [Accuracy // Accuracy // Recovery]

Battle Ready Inventory

>> Spider Ciders [90 HP Restoration] (2)

>> Popcorn [+ 20 MIT] (1)

>> Off-Brand Energy Drink [Tier*3 Energy Restoration] (1)

>> [50 HP] Healing Potions (2)

>> [40 HP] Healing Potion (5)

Koga made one last check of his gear, ensuring that he had everything he needed before stepping onto the teleportation pad.

"Teleport Urbus!"

A column of blue light surrounded the man, obscuring his vision, but only for a moment. When the light dissipated, Koga found himself standing in the middle of an entire city. Cobblestone roads, cream colored building with brown thatching, it looked like something straight off the set of a movie set in the 1600s. What stood out the most from all the grays and browns was one particular head of bright orange hair.

"So, where to?" Koga asked, stretching as he approached the flame-haired woman. Koga hadn't fought the Wasp Queen, but it wasn't like he hadn't heard about the field boss before. News like this tended to get around, so at least he had some Inkling of what they were up against. Although Koga was fairly certain he could handle the boss on his own, he was not about to complain about going on the quest with Shior.

@Azhoda

Edited by Koga

Looking up as the black-haired Katana wielder got out of the teleporter. "Okay, So we need to get out of the safe zone and right two that path past this marker into the field," I said pointing at my map to show Koga as well where we could find the field boss. Looking up and closing my map I stared at Koga "You ready for this, I know I can kill this thing in one hit, but I just wanted to make sure you are alright with this," I said to him before turning around and waiting for him to follow me into the wild. "Come on Koga, I promise this will be no danger at all. I'll be sure of it," I said hoping he would follow me.

Looking over my shoulder I kind of felt like I was back home, jumping the gun on others to follow me into what I was doing, Some would say I'm a good leader but I don't see myself as a good leader at all. I turned walking back again as we were in the settlement still, "Hey Koga, Question. I kind of want to know, do you see me as good fit for a guild leader, Just asking out of the blue," I asked him wanting to see others' opinions about this matter.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 220 // EN: 22 // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

"Okay, So we need to get out of the safe zone and right two that path past this marker into the field," Azhoda explained to Koga.
"Alright, sounds good to me."
"You ready for this, I know I can kill this thing in one hit, but I just wanted to make sure you are alright with this." The woman paused for a moment, turning to start walking into the wilds, "Come on Koga, I promise this will be no danger at all. I'll be sure of it."
"You don't have to worry about me," Koga said, following just behind her, "I could probably take down this boss on my own in only a couple hits. I'm not really worried. Besides, I made you a deal, and I'm not the kind of person to go back on it."

The pair walked for a little in silence before Shior looked over her shoulder at Koga, "Hey Koga, Question. I kind of want to know, do you see me as good fit for a guild leader, Just asking out of the blue."

Well then..."Honest opinion? You're rough around the edges, but you got the makings for it. You know how to take charge, and get to whatever end goal you've got. But being a leader, guild or not, takes more than that. There's some attribute every leader has, and that's the ability to not only inspire others, but also support them. And that in and of itself is complicated. You can't just write people off because you don't understand where they're coming from. A good leader knows how to relate to others, and puts the needs of those who follow them before their own. I haven't traveled with you for more than a couple hours, so time will tell if you've got what it takes I suppose."

@Azhoda

Sure I wanted to help people, but I needed to work on my social skills for sure, As Koga said, A leader takes more than that. Meaning I would have to get better in understanding people, and part of me already knew this yet the other part did not really understand any human emotions as I never really dealt with them. "Guess I have to work hard to improve, in the meanwhile, I can work as the background leader, and let someone else be the face," I said to Koga leading us outside of the settlement and right on to the path.

It took not long for the silents to fall again but this time I really did not know what to talk about so I just placed the goggles I had on my head down looking into them a bit. Then before taking them off and holding them up into the air looking at the sun. "yep, Dirt. Do miss your scolding a bit Ryuusei," I said low, maybe hard enough for Koga to hear me. As I then went on and cleaned them before placing them back in front of my eyes almost Like I was a pilot. 

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 220 // EN: 22 // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Koga could tell that the gears in Azhoda's mind were turning as she thought on what he'd said. "Guess I have to work hard to improve, in the meanwhile, I can work as the background leader, and let someone else be the face," she finally said as the pair left the town and delved further into the jungle. "I meant it when I say I think you got what it takes," the man said, "just...I think sometimes you might not think things one hundred percent through. You'll get there." The man gave her an encouraging smile, and before long a comfortable silence fell over them.

They walked in this silence for a little while. It wasn't long before Shior took her goggles off her head and peered through them, saying something quietly, something Koga barely caught. Ryuusei. Koga wondered who that was, but he knew better than to ask. There were some things you just didn't ask people. The man could remember that Shior had mentioned losing people before. He knew the feeling well. What would Hikaru and Tuskiko think if they saw him now? Probably call him crazy and have a good laugh. The man smiled sadly at the thought before opening his mouth, "Why are you grinding so hard, Shior?" he asked, "Trying to hit the frontlines? You don't seem the type to only be worried about not dying."

@Azhoda

you might not think things one hundred percent through, those words stuck with me. It's not like I have heard that before, but why not think at all well then you get nowhere, It always good to go with what you know and don't think too much until it's proven to have failed and then just start over. Done it all my life, it got me my job, it got me this level it got me the will to not hide like a coward. I thought until Koga spoke up again.

I held my hand to my chin thinking of a good reason, "My reason, well my job... I'm an engineer, I don't sit still. I evolve with my environment. And I guess people out there are worried because now their whole plan is in ruin because I'm stuck here. As their project leader and architect of the glider and plane. I have my own agenda and I want to fly it again, so I will push to the top and end this even if it destroys my body slowly. I won't sit by waiting for some lazy ass coward to clear the floors," I said looking at Koga with determination, not even noticing my own insult.

@Koga

Spoiler

Whether or not Shior actually took what Koga had said to heart was up in the air. But at the end of the day, being able to take some criticism wasn't just a part of being a leader but also a human being. Really, it was just up to her.

Azhoda explained how she was an engineer in the real world, but not just an engineer, but also a project leader. That was impressive in and of itself, "You must be a pretty smart cookie to be a project lead at your age. Good on you. If we keep grinding, hopefully we'll be out sooner rather than later. Might just get to fly that glider yet," Koga said, hardly noticing her, assumedly, unintentional insult. Koga had already just chalked that up to her personality. Only so much he could do about that. "How much further to the Wasp Queen?" he asked, eager to start fighting something again.

@Azhoda

I got excited about talking ver my old job and the glider and looked with eyes of a child at Koga, "Maybe we get out here you can join me at my workplace and I show you around If you ever are around in Tokyo in the Chofu district. I can spare the money if you don't have any I got enough from my parents and myself," I said to him not really caring about what we did at the moment, but as soon as he mentions the Queen I got back into focus. "Ooh yeah um... That sorry didn't pay attention, but let me see," I said opening my map again and looked at the marker, it was now in the map itself meaning it was close by for sure. "Not that far as you can see, past this hill and it should be easy to spot from there then." Closing my map again I looked to Koga and smiled, "And Koga I mean it, maybe you can meet Ryuusei he is my pilot and a good friend who looks out for me like all the time. Maybe I can convince him to even do a route trip to get you and then show you around my workplace," I said to him smiling getting all excited again.

@Koga

Spoiler

"Maybe we get out here you can join me at my workplace and I show you around If you ever are around in Tokyo in the Chofu district," Azhoda offered, "I can spare the money if you don't have any I got enough from my parents and myself." Koga smiled a little, amused at the woman's behavior. She really was something. Hardcore player who thought everyone else was a n00b one second, giddy engineer the next. Koga wasn't really sure what to expect anymore, but in a good way.

"Ooh yeah um... That sorry didn't pay attention, but let me see," Shior responded as she opened up her map. Koga peered over her shoulder, looking at the map alongside her, "Not that far as you can see, past this hill and it should be easy to spot from there then." The woman pointed at their player markers, and the quest marker not terribly far away, closing the map moments later. The woman looked at the man with a smile. "And Koga," she added, "I mean it, maybe you can meet Ryuusei he is my pilot and a good friend who looks out for me like all the time. Maybe I can convince him to even do a route trip to get you and then show you around my workplace." That amused smile returned to Koga's face as Shior made her offer again. "Ya know, you keep saying things like that, I might start to think you're attracted to me," he joked.

@Azhoda

I looked confused at him as he said that, attracted to him, "Nope, I don't waste my time with that, It's quite useless in my line of the job if you want to get something done, Then you have to think about your partner and think about their ideas. Nope just sticking with my own things," I said to him straight without anything else added to it. I never really cared about any sort of relationship, people didn't like me for some reason because I was to smart for them at college at least. Plus the fact that relationships are just a waste of time, I don't need time. Just like I don't need friends also just a waste of time.

Then as the walked over the hill I was a lot of wasps moving around, Wind wasps to be sure, many as the eye could see. Looking for a small second I spotted the Queen, a big large wasp flying around without a care. "Okay Let's end this quick so we can even face the next field boss today already," I said putting my goggles on my eyes and tieing my hair into a ponytail before taking out my spear. I smiled and ran into battle with my spear aimed right for the Queen.

Moving past Wasps, workers and soldiers alike, I went for the Queen. I jumped up making a bit of air and with that, I made my Glaive spin a bit aiming four spinning slashes at the Queen, All of them went wide and after I landed I was guided into one final strong thrust right for the queen. The Queen was taken by surprise and just barely moved out of the way from my attack. As soon as she did so The Queen moved to me. Getting her attack on me I made a side step to the right and her attacked went wide right into the ground. "Koga, Flank her! She is a Fast one!" I said to him as soon as the queen moved away from the ground she just hit.

@Koga

ID:130559 | BD: 4+1=5 Miss | -2 Energy
                     MD: 3 Miss

Note: Koga you don't need to roll for the Queen, I did already and it will attack after me every post so on.

Azhoda: HP 440/440 | EN 44/44 | DMG 9 | MIT 18 | ACC 1 | EVA 0 
Koga: HP: 220/220 | EN: 22/22 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 2 | BRN: 12| BLT: 12 | FALN: 2 | REGN: 5 | RECV: 1

The Wasp QueenHP: 50/50 | DMG: 20

In Combat

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 220/220 // EN: 20/22 (22 -2) // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

The Wasp Queen: HP: 50/50 | DMG: 20
ID: 130642
Sword Art: Ukifune [x2 Stun]
BD: 3 (1 +2) >>Critical Fail<<

"Nope, I don't waste my time with that, It's quite useless in my line of the job if you want to get something done, Then you have to think about your partner and think about their ideas. Nope just sticking with my own things."

Koga shrugged, well, that was how she saw things, by all means. Dating wasn't for everyone. It wasn't much longer before the pair spotted the Wasp Queen, and Shior pulled her goggles down over her eyes, "Okay Let's end this quick so we can even face the next field boss today already."

The woman dashed in, only barely missing her target. "Koga, Flank her! She is a Fast one!"
"On it!" the swordsman called back as he zipped past the Wasp Soldiers. Azhoda chased the Queen towards Koga as he circled around, and his katana began to glow crimson as he attempted to stun the flying insect. Unfortunately, the Queen saw him coming and veered away from the man. "Damn it!"

@Azhoda

Edited by Koga

The queen seemed quite agile as well as very mad. She took a look at Koga and moved out of the way before staring at me again. She was not happy with our attack turned to my attention to the queen. "Okay, Stand still and this will be over quick," I sad low looking around for a second and nodded. Moving my glaive around my body I made it glow purple again and was getting guided into the attack. four strikes and a slash, and... MISS! WHAT! THE FAST ANNOYING THING. I got a bit angry with my attack and seemed to miss it. "Koga, Try to hit it and see what you can do, I can't seem to hit me," I say to him looking at how the wasp moved around and it was fast but not too fast. It seemed really hard but somehow it was not that hard at all. God how can I fail this hard already just after getting this good here.

@Koga

ID:130766 | BD: 4+1=5 Miss | -2 Energy | +1 Energy Regen
                     MD: 6 Hit | 20-18= 2 DMG

Azhoda: HP 438/440 | EN 41/44 | DMG 9 | MIT 18 | ACC 1 | EVA 0 
Koga: HP: 220/220 | EN: 22/22 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 2 | BRN: 12| BLT: 12 | FALN: 2 | REGN: 5 | RECV: 1

The Wasp QueenHP: 50/50 | DMG: 20

In Combat

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 220/220 // EN: 18/22 (20 +1 -4 +1) // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1
[Recovery <<+1 EN>>]

The Wasp Queen: HP: 30/50 (50 -20)// DMG: 20
ID: 131012
Sword Art: Tsuji Kaze [x4]
BD: 7 (5 +2) >>Success<<
DMG: 5 x4 -0 = 20
CD: 6 <<Recovery Activated>>

The Wasp Queen spared only a glance at Koga before darting away towards Shior. The woman's glaive glowed purple as she launched an attack against the flying monarch, but the wild swings missed, opening the woman up for an attack. The player's armor protected her though, and she hardly seemed to notice the strike.

"Koga, Try to hit it and see what you can do, I can't seem to hit her."
"On it!" Koga was already giving chase, dashing from side to side, trying to keep the Queen on her toes as the Swordsman closed the gap. Koga's weapon began to glow crimson as the man drew a long reaching slash, the point of Kuiaratame digging deep into the Queen's carapace. The boss's health gauge dropped drastically, almost into the yellow.

"You're up, Shior!" the man called to his partner, moving out of the way to give her a clear shot.

@Azhoda

Edited by Koga

With the successful attack from Koga, He yelled out for me to attack. As he stepped out of the say I went out with my glaive. With my Glaive glowing a red yellowish glow I made my attack. A sweep right on the chest from the queen then I leaned on my glaives back end and kicked the queen where I hit her before Smashing my glaive right down on to her as she fell to the ground. Before I knew it the Queen Wasp went up into pixels and died off, giving both me and Koga EXP and an item. 

I turned to Koga and went up to him holding out my hand to him. "Congratulations, Koga..." I looked up to the sun, "And its not even late yet, we can move on to the next floor and get that boss done as well, I heard it is a minotaur," I said to him getting a bit more fire in my eyes and getting the Idea out that this was going to be a day for the ages.

@Koga

ID:131068 | BD: 5+1= 6 HIT | -6 Energy | +1 Energy Regen
                     MD: 5 MISS

H: 0 Azhoda: HP 438/440 | EN 35/44 | DMG 9 | MIT 18 | ACC 1 | EVA 0 
H: 1 Koga: HP: 220/220 | EN: 18/22 | DMG: 5 | EVA: 2 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 2 | BRN: 12| BLT: 12 | FALN: 2 | REGN: 5 | RECV: 1

The Wasp QueenHP: 0/50 | DMG: 20

Combat Ends

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 220/220 // EN: 19/22 (18 +1) // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

As soon as Koga had made the call, Shior had swept in with a sword art and struck. Her glaive struck and the Wasp Queen exploded into a cloud of digitized blue fragments. The man sheathed his weapon and dusted his hands off. Easy enough job.

The woman turned to look at Koga, her red hair ablaze in the afternoon sun. "Congratulations, Koga...and its not even late yet, we can move on to the next floor and get that boss done as well, I heard it is a minotaur."
"Minotaur, ey?" the man replied with a cocksure grin, "Sounds like an easy mark. Let's go get it."

If the pair were quick, they could make it back to town in no time, and already be up onto the third floor. If they kept this up, they could level up faster than anyone could believe. Maybe it was just the lingering adrenaline, but Koga was starting to really enjoy travelling with Shior, even with her rough edges. Call it character. If it weren't for the fact that everyone was stuck in Aincrad with the looming threat of death, Koga might've actually said it was a good game.

@Azhoda

Edited by Koga

easy Mark, Those words gave even me some hope. Okay, Shior, you got yourself a partner to get levels going fast, good job now next GET THOSE LEVELS, I thought as my fighting spirit just entangled with flames. Looking at my eye you could see the burning passion right away, "Alright! Let's do this before we lose our adrenaline completely," I said grabbing Koga's arm again and dragging him up the hill back to the path as we still needed to walk back to the teleporter in the settlement. I got a boost in my emotions even if I didn't notice them at all I really got some joy off from me. A wide smile came from my face as I dragged Koga behind me a bit before letting go and walking on his tempo, "Sorry getting ahead of myself, But hurry I want to get this done fast," I said with a smile of pure joy and burning passion.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 220/220 // EN: 20/22 (19 +1) // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

A fire shown in Shior's eyes at the prospect of burning through another floor's field boss. "Alright! Let's do this before we lose our adrenaline completely," the woman, once again, started dragging Koga by the arm back to the settlement and teleporter. Eventually realizing what she was doing, she let go of him and apologized. "No worries, but you're right, let's go. We're losing daylight," the man said with an eager smile, not wasting time in stopping.

The pair made it back to town in good time, and Koga finally stopped for a short breather. "Alright, next floor, right? Where do we find the field boss?" the man asked as they approached the teleport pad. Koga had been to the third floor before for a quest, but he hadn't gone anywhere but the Forest of Wavering Mists. Most of the third floor was a mystery to the man. Not that that would remain true for very long.

@Azhoda

Edited by Koga

I opened my menu for a bit and took out a book of my inventory called 'Floor 3 Hidden Gems' It was made by someone called Ennakai. "It seems that according to this book the Minotaurs is in a maze Deep within the Forest of Wavering Mist. Seeing as I really never been there it must be something I never have seen yet. But this boss is not that strong I hope and we can probably kill it faster then you think." Saying This I did look up for a second at Koga. He is not that strong as me yet but he keeps up with me quite well, And he is not even holding me back yet. Thinking about it like that I became a bit quiet. 

"Aah~, Yes sorry," I said getting out of my little daze. "The Minotaurs, strong for the lower-level players but weak for those who have put their focus on attacking and not defending. Seeing as I'm both not, It would be a simple thing to do. The main settlement we need to get to is... um aah... Let me look," I said opening my menu and looked at something.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 220/220 // EN: 21/22 (20 +1) // DMG: 5 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Azhoda produced a book from her inventory and quickly browsed through it. "It seems that according to this book the Minotaurs is in a maze Deep within the Forest of Wavering Mist. Seeing as I really never been there it must be something I never have seen yet. But this boss is not that strong I hope and we can probably kill it faster then you think," she said after reading through some information. The woman stopped talking for a moment, and Koga watched as the gears of her mind turn. "Aah~, Yes sorry," she apologized, realizing she had left the man hanging. Koga held up a hand as if to say 'no worries,' before letting her continue. "The Minotaurs, strong for the lower-level players but weak for those who have put their focus on attacking and not defending. Seeing as I'm both not, It would be a simple thing to do. The main settlement we need to get to is... um aah... Let me look."
"Delilah," Koga answered, "I know where the Forest is too. Been there a couple times myself. Never saw a labyrinth though. Guess we'll find out once we get moving though. I'll meet ya up there." The Swordsman stepped up to the teleporter and onto the platform, giving Shior a quick wave before saying, "Teleport, Delilah!" In a flash of blue, Koga disappeared, reappearing mere moments later on the frankly quite wonderful floor of Floor Three.

The man stepped away from the platform, giving Shior some room to come through. Soon enough, they'd be off to boss number two.

@Azhoda

Edited by Koga