[SP-F21] (Quest) Nature's Treasure

Spoiler

HP1310 | EN: 128 | DMG: 19 | MIT: 61 ACC: 1 |  EVA: 0 | LD: +3 | SR: +5

Equipped Gear:

The Mob-Stopper (Unique Perfect 2-Handed Assault Spear): +3 Damage | +1 Bleed | +1 Paralytic Venom

Marauder's Cape (Perfect Light Armor): +27 Mitigation | +2 Evasion

Gate of Babylon (Perfect Trinket): +3 Loot Dice 

Skills & Mods:

Utility Skills:

Hiding [Rank 5]: Vanish (Mod) | Surprise Attack "Trickster" (Mod)

Quick Change

Fishing

Combat Skills:

Charge [Rank 5]

Weapon Skills:

Two-Handed Assault Spear [Rank 5]Precision (Mod) | Ferocity (Mod)

Martial Arts [Inactive]

Armor Skills:

Light Armor [Rank 5]: Athletics (Mod)

Extra Skills:

Survival

Concentration

Familiar Mastery: Fighter [Rank 3]

Meditation [Inactive]

Housing Buffs:
Rested : -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.
Clean : The first time you would suffer DoT damage in a thread, reduce damage taken from DoT each turn by 20% (rounded down).
Delicious: Turn 3 identical food items (same quality, tier, & enhancements) into a Feast. A Feast contains 6 portions of the food items sacrificed. Feasts created this way cannot be used outside of the thread they are created. Limit 1 item created per thread.
Hard Working: +2 EXP per crafting attempt and +1 crafting attempt per day
Advanced Training: +2 SP to a thread. Limit one use per month

The sun shimmered as usual. Its benevolent rays stretching across the grass fields of the twenty-first floor, or at least, that is what would be true if the floor was blanketed in constant darkness. Well not total darkness. Ores, minerals, and the vegetation adapted to the darkness by growing illuminating colors alongside their natural growth which helps with lack of light the floor provides. For some the view can be unseemly, but Oikawa having moved to the floor was far accustomed to it. He enjoyed it surprisingly. The doom and gloom setting seemed fitting for him but his past wouldn't be his focus today. He had some catching up to do to rejoin the front lines, he also need materials to trade for goods and place orders. Today he'd start with the minuscule task of collecting them first. "I wonder if the old water hole is still there? I haven't fished in a while but I can imagine that it will hold up just fine for loot."

Edited by Oikawa

Swiping the air, the brunette manifested the menu. Scrolling through and array of options, he selected the item he was looking for. "Ahh the Gate of Babylon," he mused. Equipping the small trinket, he let the item rest within his cloak before turning to the cub that awaited him at the door. "I suppose you're ready to move out King?" Though the cub wouldn't answer verbally, the leopard nodded and pushed the door open. Exiting Seijuro Manor, the duo made there way to the <<Cavern>> where they would meet the NPC rumored to be giving information on exactly where he could acquire extra materials. He was in search of both ores and ingots alike. Depending on there sizes, they could even be used for more than one type of equipment. Not that he lacked any spare gear in his shop. All too often he never used or sold anything but perfects.

Edited by Oikawa

Steps echoed along the main road as the pair moved from the outskirts of their home into the less familiar area known as the <<Underground Waterfalls>>. This area seemed to be home to a plethora of vacation spots for most players; however, despite the outward appearance it was also home to the <<Cavern>>. The fabled area was supposedly housing several upon several materials used for smithing and other various professions. At least that is what Oikawa had heard. Pushing through the infamous falls, Oikawa and King reached a small shack like building. Just inside awaited what he hoped was the NPC to guide him in the right direction. The shack was covered in leaves, perhaps to persuade passerbys to not stop. Though it didn't do much to stop Oikawa from heading right on in. He did however pause at a peculiar sight. The wooden planks making up the walls of the shack seemed warped and out of place. "They should fix that when they get a chance. Cut wood doesn't fare to well against water."

Edited by Oikawa

Approaching the shack, Oikawa dismissed King. He didn't want to cause any misunderstandings or come off as hostile to the NPC. His crystal alone would suffice for that. Placing a loose fist upon the wooden door, Oikawa rapped the oak a few times. Slowly, the door creaked open. Darkness lined the space between him and what awaited inside. Suddenly, an older man emerged from within, causing Oikawa to slightly stumble back to allow him room to exit the shack. The gray NPC glanced to the floating crystal above his head. Stroking his beard, he locked eyes with Oikawa. "I assume you're here to gather?" "Your assumption would be correct," Oikawa voiced. "Would you be able to tell me where I can make the most of my time collecting?" Twirling the gray wisps along his twin into a swirl, the old man thought for a moment. Oikawa wondered if it was for dramatic effect or if the NPC was truly hesitant in guiding the brunette to the right area.

Edited by Oikawa

Having made up his mind, the old man grumbled something incoherent before closing the shack door. Nodding in response the NPC, began to walk around the corner at a rather brisk pace. Following quickly behind, Oikawa just as quickly came to a halt. The man had stopped. A trembling finger rose and pointed to the far side of the falls. The mouth of a cave lined the walls just behind the falls. "I see", muttered the brunette. Returning to the hut, the old man echoed over his shoulder. "This quest is more for you rather than completion as it is repeatable. However, it is the most effective way to gather materials without investing in skills. Enjoy young man." Oikawa nodded in response before turning back to the falls. "King!" The cub suddenly materialized in a flash of pixelated light before him. "Let's go." The cub purred in agreement as the two moved towards the cascading waters.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

[129799] LD: 7 (4+3)

The sound of water droplets rippling through the expanding pool echoed louder and louder as they neared their destination. King, being the curious cub that he is, sniffed and pawed around the entire area, consuming more time poking around than actually finding anything significant. As the path narrowed in on the mouth of the cave, Oikawa motioned for King to come along. The cub the face of dismay. If he was searching for ores, he must have not found any as the look of failure was evident as he returned to Oikawa's side. "Don't worry King. There should be plenty to be found up ahead. If we're lucky, we may find a chest or a dungeon, or even a labyrinth. But who knows," he explained with reassurance and a shrug. Nodding along, King followed his master blacksmith right through the entrance. The grandiose cavern expanded before them, revealing several places to search for materials.  "Keep your eyes peeled. This is where we look."

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

[129800] LD: 14 (11+3)

Rewards: +1 Tier 3 Material

Total Materials: 1 [Tier 3]

Echoing a soft purr, King headed off too look for ores. Not all too worried about his furred companion, Oikawa began to search about the cave. Surely he would have some luck right? The cave emitted various glowing effects as crystals lined the cavern walls like lights at Christmas. Pushing further in he spotted a slight twinkle in the walls. Inspecting further, a sigh escaped him. It was nothing more than some critters shell. Panning over, he spotted the grey cub pawing at the walls. It seemed he had better luck than the brunette. Perhaps this may be a lot harder than we thought, mused the smith as he retrieved the ore from King. The ground suddenly shook around them. Looking around, Oikawa was unsure if this was normal for the cave he had only frequented a few times before.

Crash! 

Turning towards the noise, Oikawa called upon his spear. "Hmm now that's interesting," he admitted as a sly smile snaked across his lips.

Edited by Oikawa

The cavern shook once more. Rocks tumbled about left and right as something zeroed in on them. He wasn't sure what, but Oikawa remained cautious of his surroundings. Suddenly bursting from the cavern wall, an obsidian covered golem roared out at him. "An <Obsidian Golem> hmm? Well let's see just how rusty I am."  [Charging] forward, Oikawa launched himself towards the creature before erupting into [Dimension Stampede].  Ripping into the golem, Oikawa darted back and forth puncturing the creature with successive blows to the chest. Chaining the final hit and channeling King's fighter trait, Oikawa leaped skyward before rotating into a drop kick slam, critically wounding the mob on impact. Dusting his spearing, Oikawa motioned for the creature to bring it on. "Surely the creatures of this cave are more of a threat than this," he mocked as the Golem buckled beneath paralysis and clutched at the bleeding hole in its chest.

[Oikawa]: 1290/1290 [110/126] (-16 EN) [19 DMG + 2 CRIT DMG + 5 Charge DMG x 15 = 390 DMG][36 Bleed DMG][Paralytic Venom Activated]

[Obsidian Golem]: 204/630 | DMG: 189 [-426 HP] *PAR**BLD (1/2)*

Spoiler

(129806) BD: 10 | MD: 4

Edited by Oikawa

"Hmm, not nearly as strong as I used to be. MoBs like this used be one-shot-able. I suppose the ante might be higher given the tier these days. Since we are officially in tier three territory." Shifting his focus back to the Golem, Oikawa raised his spear to the creatures chest. The tip already begin to pierce through the hardened ores sticking from it chest. Six machine-gun like blows rattled off the creature before Oikawa knocked it back with the final hit of the chain. The sounds of rocks colliding and skittering echoed throughout the area. [Imperial Southern Cross] was more than enough to wipe the creature but due to the way his sword arts lined up he had to expend more energy than he anticipated for the fight. Nonetheless, the creature dissolved into polygons, leaving behind a nice amount of Col, some trinket and a couple materials. "Not as rusty as i thought," he mused internally.

[Oikawa]: 1290/1290 [95/126] (-15 EN) [19 DMG x 14 = 266 DMG][36 Bleed DMG]

[Obsidian Golem]: 0/630 | DMG: 189 [-302 HP*BLD (2/2)*

Spoiler

(129869) BD: 7 | CD: 6 | LD: 9 | MD: 8

Rewards: +3,780 Col, +2 Tier 3 Materials, & +1 Unidentified Tier 3 Rare Trinket

Total Materials: 3 [Tier 3]

Total Col: 3,780

Other: 1 Rare Trinket [Tier 3]

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

[129874] LD: 7 (4+3)

Total Materials: 3 [Tier 3]

Slinking off, the snow leopard cub went off in search of more ores. A sigh escaped his lips as Oikawa un-equipped his spear to do the same.  Heading off in the opposite direction, he started by placing his hand along the cavern walls. He slowly inspected each crevice for anything that could be of use or signs of more materials to come. While several minerals lined the walls, only a few would make perfect specimens for the expert crafting he was known for. Knowing this Oikawa admittedly had to pass over more sub-par minerals than he cared to admit. Glancing over to King, it seemed the cub had even turned up empty handed for the part of the cave he had just finished exploring. Dusting his hands, Oikawa motioned for King to follow him towards another part of the cave. "Perhaps we'll have better luck over here my friend." King could only nod in agreement as he continued to follow Oikawa towards what seemed like the back of the cave.

Edited by Oikawa
  • 4 months later...
Spoiler

ID: 140066

CD: 11 [+4 Materials]

Total Materials: 7 [Tier 3]

Reaching the back crevice of the cave, Oikawa motioned for King to keep up as they narrowed in on a rumored spot the brunette had briefly heard about from the NPC's of the floor. "This way King," he gestured as he found the rather out of place crystal jutting from the cavern walls. "If I remember correctly, this should leave to the waterfall ponds rumored to be on this floor. The fish eat ores rather than plants or other fish to sustain life so if I fish them out, I should be able to get some materials as well."  Nodding to his own internal monologue, he and King passed through the now reveal opening in the wall and took in the sight of the water. Drafting the fishing rod in his inventory, he found a spot slightly overlooking the azure pools below and cast out his line. Immediately his line bucked, reeling in the haul, a rather large catfish-like creature broke the surface and flopped onto the ground. Dispersing it revealed 8 ores.

"Ahh I should've picked up fishing a long while ago."

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 140067

CD: 12 [+0 Materials]

LD: 23 (20 + 3) [+1 Treasure Chest]

Total Materials: 7 [Tier 3]

King pawed around the rest of the beach, looking for something to occupy the cub's time as Oikawa hauled in materials to use for later. These ores seemed to be of much higher quality than the ones in the cave. He was rather surprised by the sheer amount in the one fish as well. The cub was used to his master taking him on these rather mundane adventures. It had been quite some time since they had seen a fight barring the golem earlier. The cub seemed nearly saddened by the thought; however, he perked up as the brunette let out a gasp. Scurrying over to, him King investigated the cause of the ruckus.

"Ahh. A treasure chest." With a hard yank, the brunette was able to launch the wooden box from the azure pool onto the beach front. Plopping the chest down in front of them, Oikawa watched as King sniffed it over. "Shall we open it?" Nodding his head, the cub stepped back to allow the blacksmith to inspect the chest.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 140068

LD: 9 (6 + 3) [+3 Materials, + 1,575 Col, and +2 Rare Consumables]

Total Materials: 10 [Tier 3]

Total Col: 5,355

Other: 1 Rare Trinket [Tier 3] | 2 Rare Consumables [Tier 3]

Circling the chest,  Oikawa rubbed his chin as he tried to reason what could be inside. It had been so long since he had last opened a chest, he wasn't even sure what they carried anymore. "Perhaps its just Col, though I seem to recall them having materials and-or items previously. Perhaps all three now?" Guessing was pointless however. All there was left to do was to just open the chest. "Now how to do that..."

"Hmm hopefully its worth my while, that was quite a haul and it'd be a waste of time if nothing good was involved." Pressing the prompt, Oikawa watched as the chest rattled back and forth. The audible sound of a click resonated before snapping the lid of the chest open to reveal not only col and a few consumables, but materials as well.

"Good. I'd be disappointed otherwise," he murmured as he looked the unidentified items over before allowing them to dissolve into the void know as his inventory.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 140110

CD: 2 [+0 Materials]

Other: 1 Rare Trinket [Tier 3] | 2 Rare Consumables [Tier 3]

Oikawa's amber gaze stiffened. "I wonder just how many of these chest actually appear here? Is there a set limit per day? Is it completely randomized on each floor? Or is it something conditioned by Cardinal?" The question were pointless thoughts to say the least. Once the chest shattered into rainbow reflective polygons, he resumed his seat on the sandy throne over looking what he would now consider his watery kingdom. Not that this place was exclusive to him in anyway, however he did enjoy the thought of it. Nothing stood before him and his only loyal subject also happened to be his right hand in most situations. Icy cat eyes steeled themselves on the un-moving water as King took his seat to the right of Oikawa. Paws folded over as he vigilantly waited for the slightest trembling indication that something was tugging the line. Nothing came of it for the moment however and they continued to wait patiently for the next tug.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 140122

CD: 2 [+0 Materials]

The line remained still. The bobble idle with little to know movement aside from the occasional gust of wind causing it to sway back and forth. He was usually well equipped with patience. That being said, his patience was once again being tested by one of the most mundane things the game could offer aside from actually watch paint dry. It was as if all the fish had decided to vacant the premises at the same time. The line continued to bobble. Dangling just beneath the surface. Hoping to ensnare something, anything really at this point. Oikawa glanced over. A sigh escaping as he leaned forward and began to think about his next plans. Redemption was a topic currently pinned to the top of his to do list, the materials gathered today would be trivial in that pursuit. He needed to seek out Mari. He had heard what she was beginning to make of herself given her status and frankly put, he wanted to join her in that endeavor.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 140129

CD: 11 [+4 Materials]

Total Materials: 14 [Tier 3]

"I wonder where she resides these days? Last I saw her was what floor ten possibly? I'm honestly not that sure any more. It's been far too long since then and I imagine she wouldn't stick around there if she didn't have to." Oikawa's mind continued to wander. Why did he seek her out of all people? Aside from the fact that she seems on her own path to redemption they had never had a positive interaction between them. Yet he felt drawn to her nonetheless. His focused snapped back to the line as it began to tug once more. King's eyes fixated on the bobble as it bounced in the water. The line tugged furiously but, Oikawa was accustomed to the sensation of fishing by this point. Reeling it in, Oikawa captured the fish with minimal effort; retrieving materials as his reward for virtually do nothing. "You'd think fishing would be more used by the general populace. I guess material farming just isn't that important anymore," he mused to no one in particular.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 140174

CD: 7 [+2 Materials]

Total Materials: 16 [Tier 3]

Tossing the line out once more Oikawa rested back into his perch. One arm rested upon his knee. A clenched fist serving as a head rest as he laid his cheek into and closed his eyes. "Zel.. You didn't deserve what happened to you, at least not from me. You were one of my closest allies. A friend. A Commandant. Family. Opal took many things from us. Dom. My free will. And many other things to say the least. However, my own thoughts crept through, influenced by her retched potion and I acted. In cold blood you were slain. How do I redeem myself Zelrius? How do I atone for you?"

"Huh.."

The line wriggled once more. "King." Nodding the Cub rose up and snatched the rod between his jaws. Pulling on the rod, the cub plucked the fish from pond before pouncing on it and effectively dissolving it into pixels. "Exceptional," explained the brunette. 

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 140175

CD: 12 [+4 Materials]

LD: 4 (1 + 3)

Total Materials: 20 [Tier 3]

His thoughts were very much still muddled, but he only had a few more materials to collect before he could begin making his way to Mari. He needed her guidance. Someone that knew what he was going through and understood what it's like to be in the spotlight for the wrong reason; whilst also dealing with the consequences of your mistake. He hasn't faced Calrex in quite some time. Nor Baldur or Teayre. He hadn't seen his family in quite some time and he could only shake his head at the thought. "Before I can face them, I need to learn to face myself. Hopefully Mari can help with that." Casting out another line, the bait was quickly snatched and reeled in by the front-liner. As if practiced, King immediately resolved the fish and retrieved the ingots it held. "Thank you, my King." The cub beamed at being able to actually do something aside from sitting their and staring into the vast lake-sized waves.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 140176

CD: 1 [+0 Materials]

Waves crashed and lapped at the beach front. Despite the motion of the lake, it seemed the waters had settle once more in terms of fishing. Though he had cast his line again, the bites and nibbles had become even less frequent than they were before. "Hmm perhaps it is time to wrap it up. I have acquired the 20 materials I wanted anyhow. That said, I still don't know where to find Mari. Maybe the locals have heard of her." Still resting his head, the boy allowed the rod to lie in wait a little longer. the slender pole nudged neatly between his elbow and underarm so he could remain as relaxed as possible without dropping the rod into the depths below. He wanted to ensure there was nothing left to catch before packing it up; even if he had already hit his quota he was going for. King stood by as well. The cub aware that there may be a last minute catch to be had.

Edited by Oikawa
Spoiler

ID: 140177

CD: 3 [+0 Materials]

"I see. Let's go King," muttered the brunette as the old fishing rod dissolved from view. Easing up from his perch, Oikawa motioned for the cub to follow. They had some traversing to do. Whether it was back to floor ten or somewhere else, he needed to fins her. "On second thought.." the cub suddenly dissolved. "I don't want her to think I'm hostile. If I show up with a damage based familiar, she might be threatened and act. We can't have that." Not that the cub had much say in the matter, he imagined King would agree. Parting the walls that led to exiting the pond, Oikawa stepped through and began his trek. First he would start back on the tenth floor. As it seemed the most logical place to start; though if she wasn't there, finding her would prove to be much harder than he already thought it was going to be. Pushing past the cavern walls into the floor's boss room, he began his descent to floor ten.

Edited by Oikawa