[F01 - PP] Finally <<The Fourth Lesson, Is Actually Free>>

Spoiler

Level: 12
HP: 240
Energy: 24
DMG: 4 || EVA: 1 || MIT: 18 || ACC: 1 || BURN: 12 || BLIGHT: 12 || REGEN: 1 || RECOVERY: 1

Skills:
» First Aid - Rank 1
» Rapier - Rank 3

Equipment:
» Jack's Graceful Repose [Demonic Rapier [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Burn]]
» Owl's Wings [Perfect Trinket [Accuracy // Recovery // Evasion]]
» Virtuous Ascendance [Perfect Light Armor [Mitigation // Mitigation // Regen]]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» Faithful Night [Perfect Rapier [Accuracy // Accuracy // Damage]]
» Starter Healing Potions (3)
» Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP) (5)
» Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP) (1)
» Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage) (1)

She was holding the package that they just got and she sighed. She just wanted this stuff done and over with already. A nice long bath sounded like a glorious thing, and like something that she hasn't had in a while. But, she looked at Koga and still smiled. "Well, the way I look at it. The sooner we get this quest done, the sooner we can sit and relax for a little bit." She looked at the package than the marker on her map on where they needed to go. "Whelp, only way to get this done is to get going I guess." She grabbed Koga's hand lightly before she started toward the location that Ol' Pete's was supposed to be. She was really hoping that this wasn't going to be something horrible. Or involving spiders. See, she will be fine with everything and anything, just no spiders. Oh, and no clowns either.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga

Level 12

HP: 240

Energy: 24

DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Skills
>> [Rank 1] Curved Sword
>> [Rank 3] Katana

Equipment
>> Tier One Demonic Katana <<Jack's Kuiaratame>> [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Fallen]
>> Tier One Perfect Light Armor <<Shaded Coat>> [Evasion // Evasion // Regeneration]
>> Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Tearful Strands>> [Accuracy // Accuracy // Recovery]

Battle Ready Inventory
>> [50 HP] Healing Potions (2)
>> [40 HP] Healing Potion (5)
>> [DMG +1] Damage Potion (1)
>> [+50 Temp. HP] Over-Health Potion (1)
>> Tier One Rare Consumable <<Cake>> [Protein // Protein] (1)

Koga heard Noctua sigh and looked over to her, holding the package they had to deliver to Ol' Pete. "I can carry that if you want," the man offered, knowing full well she was just tired of the quests...he was right there with her there.

"Well, the way I look at it. The sooner we get this quest done, the sooner we can sit and relax for a little bit. Whelp, only way to get this done is to get going I guess," the woman said with a smile, taking his hand in hers. Even still, he could tell she was tired. "Sooner the better...Christ, these things seem to never end. Five bucks says this old dude has us go searching for some spiders 'cause you can make some special fishing line from their silk or some bull like that..." Whoops...Koga, Noct doesn't like spiders, remember?

They started walking towards the lake that Ol' Pete was allegedly supposed to be at right now. The man seriously hoped this wouldn't take forever. But with their luck, the chances of that being true were slim to none.

@Noctua

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 240/240 || EN: 24/24 || DMG: 4 ||ACC: 1 || EVA: 1 || MIT: 18 || BURN: 12 || BLIGHT: 12 || REGEN: 1 || RECOVERY: 1

"I can carry that if you want." Crap, had her mood dropped that much? She looked at him and smiled softly. "Only if you want to hun. I, um, sorry. I didn't mean to sound so down just now." She lightly squeezed his hand as she said this. She felt bad really, she didn't mean to sound that down, of course, these quests at this point were just tiring. Too much walking to just go and get things, then they can one shot the things that they needed to kill. Was it too much to ask for some kind of challenge?

"Sooner the better...Christ, these things seem to never end. Five bucks says this old dude has us go searching for some spiders 'cause you can make some special fishing line from their silk or some bull like that..." Ah, there was the involuntary shudder at the mentions of spiders. She looked at Koga then and she shook her head. "Yeah, no spiders please. No spider silk, and just no spiders, unless I have a torch and I can just torch the entire place." She smiled a joking smile with the last part, but at the same time it was true. Wouldn't be the first time that she took fire to a spider, probably won't be a last.

The walk felt a little too tired in the moment. Perhaps that would be more for her to just get the thought of spiders out of her head was needed. "Hey Koga, what's your favorite food?" Nope, she wasn't suddenly plotting anything. Not at all. They only worked in the same shop and well, she could surprise him with lunch or dinner.

@Koga

Spoiler

KogaHP: 240 // EN: 24 // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Noctua smiled at Koga softly as she spoke, "Only if you want to hun. I, um, sorry. I didn't mean to sound so down just now." The man smiled and kissed the woman on the head, taking the package from her as he did so. "No need to be sorry, love. I want to be done too. We're almost there though," he said kindly.

"Yeah, no spiders please. No spider silk, and just no spiders, unless I have a torch and I can just torch the entire place."
Koga scoffed in amusement. "Naw, that would be too easy. But that really would be convenient. Guess we can cross our fingers and hope," he said jokingly.

The pair were well on their way to the lake now, with any luck, they'd come across it soon. Noctua suddenly spoke up, asking Koga a question, "...what's your favorite food?"
"I got a few," the man said with a chuckle. It was hard to pick just one after all, "I love ramen, obviously. Korean food. Steak if I'm feeling fancy. But I could always go for a good burger and some fries too. God, I miss burgers and fries...What about you?" he asked.

@Noctua

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 240/240 || EN: 24/24 || DMG: 4 ||ACC: 1 || EVA: 1 || MIT: 18 || BURN: 12 || BLIGHT: 12 || REGEN: 1 || RECOVERY: 1

"No need to be sorry, love. I want to be done too. We're almost there though." She smiled lightly as he kissed her head. Right now, it seemed like he had more patience than her. Ha, look at that, the tables were turned on them. This little thought actually made her laugh a little bit, "You know, normally I'm the one with all of the patience." She wondered if he was going to find that funny like she did. She was mainly just tired, and when she was tired her patience had the ability to dwindle faster. But, she was good, no need to worry about her.

Well, at least Koga found her interest in burning spiders alive amusing. But then, she did to so it was all good right? "I love ramen, obviously. Korean food. Steak if I'm feeling fancy. But I could always go for a good burger and some fries too. God, I miss burgers and fries...What about you?" She couldn't help but chuckle at his food choices. Of course, she mainly just found the missing of the burgers and fries the funny part. Noct is tired, give her a moment to fully wake up before she get's judged on what she finds funny okay.

But now it was her turn to answer. "Well, there is of course steak, can never miss out on the steak. Then we have mac and cheese, best thing to eat when you're always packing and unpacking. But I do share your feelings, I miss burgers and fries right now. But I think I have to say my absolute favorite wold be Italian food." She sighed at just the thought of not really having those foods. Man, this sucked. She looked up though and saw the lake and she nodded. "Hey, looks like we are closer than we thought."

@Koga

Spoiler

KogaHP: 240 // EN: 24 // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

"You know, normally I'm the one with all of the patience."
Koga chuckled quietly. "Ya know, I can be pretty patient when I want to be. Quit selling me short," he said in a joking tone. Honestly though...he wasn't that impatient, at least he didn't think so.

"Well, there is of course steak, can never miss out on the steak. Then we have mac and cheese, best thing to eat when you're always packing and unpacking. But I do share your feelings, I miss burgers and fries right now. But I think I have to say my absolute favorite wold be Italian food."
"Oh, how could I forget mac and cheese? One of God's greatest gifts to man kind," Koga replied, his mouth starting to water, and stomach growling at him, clearly upset at the idea of food but not having any.

"Hey, looks like we are closer than we thought," Noctua suddenly said, and Koga looked away from her to see that the lake was not only in view, but no more than about a hundred feet away from them. Awsome.

Ol' Pete was right where the quest marker said he would be, and Koga walked right up to the old man. "Pardon," he began, Ol' Pete looking up at him with eyes that seemed far too lively for anyone his age, "we were told to bring this to you by Hannah."
"Ah, my fishing pole! Wonderful! Say, you wouldn't happen to know how to fish would you? I could really use some help reeling in this one big fish I keep hooking. He always seems to get away from me though!" Koga was about to say no, he didn't know how to fish when the quest objective was updated before his eyes 'Take Ol' Pete's boat out with him to the center of the pond to catch a Sword-Fish.'

Koga turned around and looked at Noct, "Well, you did say you wanted to relax."

@Noctua

Spoiler

"Ya know, I can be pretty patient when I want to be. Quit selling me short." Great, she said something wrong. "I know hun." She didn't say much more on that. She didn't want to chance shoving another foot further into her mouth. She instead, just looked at him when he talked about forgetting the mac and cheese. She laughed lightly, "I think some food after this quest is in order." She was hungry herself, so it was a good idea to her.

The rest of the walk to Ol' Pete was simple, in fact it was fast since they were right there anyways. Koga was the one to talk to the NPC first, and she waited to see what he was going to say. "Ah, my fishing pole! Wonderful! Say, you wouldn't happen to know how to fish would you? I could really use some help reeling in this one big fish I keep hooking. He always seems to get away from me though!" She almost groaned in the moment.

She looked at Koga and chuckled, "Yeah. Too bad I suck at fishing." She smiled before she looked to see where that boat was. At least she wasn't prone to getting sea sick. That brought a thought up though and she looked back at Koga. "How are you on the water?"

@Koga

Spoiler

"I know hun," Noctua said with a downcast look. "Noct...that...that was a joke, hun...relax," Koga said with a look of both amusement and concern. She was kinda amusing when she was like this, but also he didn't want her to think that his sarcasm was actually serious...he didn't like making her feel bad.

"I think some food after this quest is in order."
"Yes...food...food is good," Koga said with a dazed look...yes he was fine, but he was daydreaming about food. He was getting hungry...again...

"Yeah. Too bad I suck at fishing."
"Yeah...no I'm like, mediocre at best," Koga said...well, hopefully they'd figure it out. The woman looked over to the boat, "How are you on the water?"
"Uhm, in the water, great. Surfing, swimming, no worries...boats...hit or miss..." the man admitted. He sucked in air through his teeth, "Alright, let's go!"

The man accepted the quest and gestured for the Noct and the NPC to enter the boat. Koga started pushing it into the water once they were in and once the boat was safely afloat, the man hopped into the boat and rowed it into the middle of the lake.

@Noctua

Spoiler

"Noct...that...that was a joke, hun...relax." This was the point where she buried her face into her hands. She should already know his sarcasm at this point, but here she was failing at even that. She sighed lightly with her head still in her hands. "You'd think I would know this by now." She lifted her head, a small smile on her face. She shook her head at herself then, "I'm sorry hun."

"Yes...food...food is good." It didn't fail, he was daydreaming about food, and it made her laugh a little. "You know, I sometimes wonder if I should have been a cook instead of an artisan." She smiled again. It was true, perhaps then she would just be able to supply him with his own food.

"Yeah...no I'm like, mediocre at best." She shrugged lightly, "Eh, I'm sure we will figure it out. Can't be too hard, right?" She was still staring at the boat though. She fished from land before, but never a boat, so this was going to be a new and interesting experience. Thank god she knew how to swim. It seemed like Koga was a bit in the same boat too. This was going to be fun for sure, perhaps they could even just go swimming if they end up falling out.

She followed the NPC to the boat though and got into it. She looked at Koga as he pushed the boat into the water, only to soon join them. "So, how long do you think it will be before we fish this thing up?" She was curious to see how he thought that their luck was going to be on this today.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 131045
CD: 8 >>Sword-Fish Caught<<

Noctua buried her face in her hands as she shook her head. "You'd think I would know this by now," she said before looking up at him with a smile, "I'm sorry hun."
"Don't worry about it," Koga laughed, "I didn't mean to make you feel bad is all."

Noctua laughed at Koga as he started to salivate over the thought of food. "You know, I sometimes wonder if I should have been a cook instead of an artisan."
"Never too late to change," the man said with a laugh of his own. "But you should do whatever makes you happy, love."

Soon enough the trio were out in the middle of the lake, and Koga grabbed the fishing pole and cast a line, the bob splashing into the water with a satisfying plop. "So, how long do you think it will be before we fish this thing up?"
"Well, there's only one way to find-" Before Koga could finish his sentence, he felt a tug on the line. The man sat up from his reclined position and stood, rocking the boat slightly. "Or right now then," Koga began to tug on the line gently, trying to get a full bite. There! The line was pulled, and Koga yanked back hard. A great rumbling sound came from the water as waves began to ripple outwards. A fountain of water exploded from the center of the ripples, and out of it came the Sword-Fish!

"Hope you're ready hun! Fish sounds like a good dinner tonight!"

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 240/240 || EN: 18(24-6)/24 || DMG: 4 ||ACC: 1 || EVA: 1 || MIT: 18 || BURN: 12 || BLIGHT: 12 || REGEN: 1 || RECOVERY: 1

Sword-fish: HP: 11(35-24)/35 || DMG: 50 (first hit) / 5 (Doesn't crit) || Hate vs Koga: 0 // vs Noctua: 1

ID: 131049
BD: 6 (5+1) >>HIT<<
Sword Art: Crucifixion
DMG: 4*6=24

"Don't worry about it, I didn't mean to make you feel bad is all." She smiled lightly before she leaned over to kiss his cheek lightly. Her own little way to say that it was okay. Also more of a thing for her to be able to prove that she meant her own apology for believing the sarcasm. She really needed to get better at reading that.

"Never too late to change, but you should do whatever makes you happy, love." She thought for a moment before she shook her head. "Nah, I think I do more help as an artisan. Besides, if I don't make your trinkets and jewelry, I'd have to trust someone else to do so." Nope, she wasn't about to do that, not at all.

The boat ride was smooth at least. No worries about that then right. But as Koga was answering her question on how long they were going to have to wait to fish up the sword-fish, the boat rocked a little as he hooked the thing. Well, that was certainly fast. She waited until he had the fish out of the water before she unsheathed her rapier. "Hope you're ready hun! Fish sounds like a good dinner tonight!" She laughed lightly, "I think everything sounds good to you for dinner hun."

Her rapier started to turn purple as she channeled one of the newer skills that she learned recently. Time to actually put it to good use right. The moment she used the skill, her rapier would be seen hitting the sword-fish six times, but in the pattern of a cross. Now, the only bad part, she couldn't exactly back away from the fish, so she had to manage her balance and not fall into the lake. "All yours hun!"

@Koga

Edited by Noctua
Spoiler

Koga: HP: 240/240 // EN: 22/24 (24 -2)// DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Sword-fish: HP: 0/35 (11-12) // DMG: 50 (first hit) | 5 (Doesn't crit) // Hate: vs Koga: 0 // vs Noctua: 1 >>DEAD<<
ID: 131079
Sword Art: Han'ei [x2]
BD: 7 (5 +2) >>Success<<
DMG: 6 x2 -0 = 12

Noctua wasted no time in charging up her sword art and unleashing a volley of strikes at the Sword-Fish. The sea colossal sea creature stood no chance against the pair of players, its health dropping down into the yellow almost immediately. But just because the health bar wasn't red, didn't mean Koga couldn't finish the Sword-Fish off.

As the Swordsman drew his katana, the blade began to glow crimson as he focused a Han'ei attack. With two swift slashes the Sword-Fish's health bar disappeared as did the creature itself. Koga dusted his hands with a smile, "And that's what I call a job well done."

There was something unusual about this though. The Sword-Fish didn't disappear into a cloud of digital pixels as the mobs of Aincrad usually did. Instead, the body flopped back into the water, splashing Koga and dowsing him in water, replacing his previous grin with an annoyed frown. "I hate my life..."

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 240/240 || EN: 19(18+1)/24 || DMG: 4 ||ACC: 1 || EVA: 1 || MIT: 18 || BURN: 12 || BLIGHT: 12 || REGEN: 1 || RECOVERY: 1

She watched as Koga quickly finished off the sword-fish. Well, that certainly was fast wasn't it. She sheathed her rapier as she watched the fish flop back into the lake. She tried not to laugh when Koga got splashed with water not soon afterwards. She, carefully, made her way over to him and she kissed his cheek. "Aww don't hate your life hun, it's just a little water." She looked at Ol' Pete when she heard a clap. Apparently the fish was now sitting in the boat. Huh, when did that happen.

"Well, it's time to go back to shore. I can make you guys a treat with this fish if you want to wait." Otherwise, you won't have your quest finished until we are back on shore and I have made treats. She looked back to Koga, "Well, let's get back to shore and we can get you dried off dear." She smiled lightly as she moved to sit back down.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 240/240 // EN: 23/24 (24 +1)// DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Koga could hear Noct stifling a laugh behind him, and the man slowly turned around to look at her with a deadpan face as she kissed him on the cheek. "Aww don't hate your life hun, it's just a little water."
"Fine..." the man grumbled.

Kerthunk!

Koga almost jumped in surprise as he looked over at the source of the sound. Wait a second...how did the Sword-Fish get in the boat? Koga looked over at Ol' Pete. The NPCs in this game really were terrifying sometimes.

"Well, it's time to go back to shore. I can make you guys a treat with this fish if you want to wait."
"Well, let's get back to shore and we can get you dried off dear."
"Yes please..." Koga muttered sitting down to start rowing again. The man opened up his inventory and removed his sodden gear, well, everything besides his pants. At least now he would be dry by the time they made landfall.

@Noctua

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 240/240 || EN: 19(18+1)/24 || DMG: 4 ||ACC: 1 || EVA: 1 || MIT: 18 || BURN: 12 || BLIGHT: 12 || REGEN: 1 || RECOVERY: 1

"Fine..." "Thank you, dear." She chuckled lightly again before she noticed that Koga almost jumped from the sword-fish now being in the boat. She won't lie, that wasn't something that she was used to, but she figured that it was bound to happen at some time since they were here to help the NPC catch it. But man, can they be a bit more..gentle about it?

She sat down after a few moments and watched at Koga muttered something before he sat down. First thing he did was removed his wet gear, well, except his pants. Cue the instant blushing from the woman as she looked away and toward the horizon. This wasn't awkward at all, no, not at all. She wasn't bright red in the cheeks, nope. Nu uh. No proof.

"So...um...f-feel b-better?" Oh Noctua, please child, stop being nervous at every little thing. Though, it was warranted at this point right? Koga was without a shirt...on boat...on a lake... Yeah, warranted.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 240/240 // EN: 23/24 (24 +1)// DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Koga was so focused on his rowing, he hadn't noticed Noctua's face turning beet red. I mean, he was just shirtless, it wasn't that weird anyways. No reason it should elicit that kind of reaction from her, right? It wasn't until she started speaking to him that he looked up at her and saw her flushed face. "So...um...f-feel b-better?"
Koga raised an eyebrow in slight confusion at the woman. "Yeah, I'm good...but are you feeling okay? Your face is really red. You're not getting sick are you?" Koga stopped rowing for a moment to press the back of his hand against his girlfriend's forehead. Well, she didn't have a fever. Actually, could you even get sick in game? Koga wasn't really sure about that one.

The trio made landfall a few minutes later, and Koga began to haul the oversized Sword-Fish out of the boat, heaving the heavy corpse over the edge and onto the dock with a heavy thud. Christ, that thing was heavy.

@Noctua

Spoiler

He hadn't looked at her until she said something, mainly because he was just trying to get the two of them, and the NPC and dead fish, back to the docks. Of course, her stutter seemed to give everything away, wasn't that just perfect? "Yeah, I'm good...but are you feeling okay? Your face is really red. You're not getting sick are you?" He pressed the back of his had against her forehead then and she shook her head. "N-nope, not sick." Just really nervous.

She was conflicted, if she looked at him, she would get more flustered, if she looked away, it might hurt his feelings. What should the poor woman do? That was when they finally hit shore. She went to help Koga with the sword-fish, only for him to have it out of the boat already. "Thank you. Now if you want to wait right now, I can make this into some tasty treats for you." She looked at the NPC then to Koga, queue blush gain. "Sounds like we don't have that much of a choice if we want to finish this quest."

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 240/240 // EN: 24/24 // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

"N-nope, not sick."
Koga gave Noct a skeptical look. "Uh huh. Well let me know if you start feeling unwell."

Once the Sword-Fish was out of the boat, Ol' Pete told them they should wait a little so that he can give them a treat. Hopefully that was the quest reward and not be sent on another stupid fetch quest. "Sounds like we don't have that much of a choice if we want to finish this quest," Noct said. Koga turned to look at the woman, who was now beet red. "You sure you're okay sweetheart?" the man asked again. The only time she was ever that red was when she was embar-...ohhhhh...Koga you idiot. The man decided to go into his inventory and pull out his shirt, maybe that was at least dry. Looked like it. The man equipped his shirt again and looked back over to Noct, hoping that had remedied her 'situation'.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"Uh huh. Well let me know if you start feeling unwell." He didn't believe her at all, she couldn't exactly blame him either. "I promise, I'm good. Not sick." She took her time as she said the words, trying to not stutter. The stutter wasn't going to make him believe her after all.

But, as Ol' Pete went to do whatever it was that he was doing, she tried to look at Koga without turning into a beet. But of course, it wasn't working. Things never worked in her favor. "You sure you're okay sweetheart?" She simply nodded, trying so hard to calm down. She really needed to get over this nervous at every little thing problem. But, Koga did seem to notice, finally, what it was that seemed to be making her turn so red.

At least the shirt was dry when he put it back on. She smiled softly and walked over to him before she hugged him softly. "Sorry I'm a nervous wreck." That was all that she was able to say before she heard the footsteps of the NPC coming back. Hopefully with their reward so that they could go and get some food to eat.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 240/240 // EN: 24/24 // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

After Koga had pulled his shirt back on, Noctua seemed to finally calm down a little, her beet face red calming itself to a rosy hue. "Sorry I'm a nervous wreck," she apologized to which Koga could only chuckle. "It's alright love. Don't worry about it. It's kinda cute," the man teased playfully, only to be rudely interrupted by a fish snack to the face. "Here ya go!" The old man said as the fish slowly peeled off Koga's face and into his hands. "Thanks for your help today!" Ol' Pete said as he handed Noctua her fish snack. What the were they gonna do with this? Make sushi? Actually...that didn't sound that bad...maybe he'd take Noct out for some sushi later.

But anyways, seriousoy? A fish to the face? How did Koga always get the short end of the stick. The man watched Ol' Pete eith narrowed eyes...if it wasn't socially unacceptable to slap an old man...even though it was just an NPC...

@Noctua