[PP/22] You're not my pet, you're my friend <Training your friend>

Jinx let out a childish squeel as she tried to bring her hands to cover her face, after all, she was under a relentless assault. For the past 10 minutes, her attackers plan had been the same...TO LICK HER FACE.

Her familiar, Fou, had been playful ever since she woke up and had been spending the day playing hide and seek, or in this case, tag for most the morning. Her guild-leader, whose house she was STILL living in, was out, although the girl couldn't recall where he'd run off too. 

"Fou! P-please, mercyyyy" The girl begged, and her familiar stopped her attempts to lick her owner and instead, curled up on the girls chest and seemed to rest. Stamina was not her familiars strong point it seemed. Picking her up, and resting her familiar on her shoulder, Jinx stood up and accessed her inventory, pulling out a curry she'd made as she looked at some data she had picked up. 

She knew she had to train Fou to be a familiar capable of helping her in battle, but the girl had no idea how you even did that. Was it, training? Did she have to go out there in battle and fight, and see what Fou did? She didn't LIKE the idea of fighting, so what did she have to do to help her fam...

"No, i can't think like that. You're my friend Fou, and i know, deep down, you'll discover your power...the same way i discovered i would play a tank...So come on, we're gunna go exploring outside.." The girl smiled brightly as she equipped her battle armour, and slowly walked out of the door, not wanting to wake up the napping familiar on her shoulder just yet. 

Spoiler

Rewards:

• Familiar mastery skill (may only have one unlocked at a time. Only unlocks first level of the mastery skill.)
  • 1 SP (First completion only)

Requirements:

• Role-play training your familiar in its task (relate it to the familiar mastery you plan to take)
  • At least one page (20 posts) of RP

Summary:

You have a new friend! Now to train it to help you out.

Outline:

Once every 5 posts, attempt to train your familiar (CD 7+). After three successful attempts, you have successfully trained your familiar.

Exiting the house, Jinx took a deep breath and looked outside at the hillside. It was rather pretty, but today it seemed different. She doubted it was her familiar, but something abotu today. There was a bubbling in her chest, a childish excitement that she knew why but...

"Todays the day Fou" The girl said, excitement bubbling away as she paced around in the courtyard. "Come on, how can you sleep.." The girl muttered in Chinese to her familiar, who opened an eye and looked up at her face "We've gotta train together, to get stronger...To help save people" Almost as if it could understand her, the familiar leapt off the girls shoulder and gave its 'Fou' noise. Jinx smiled, knelt down and petted her familiar "It's ok, we've got this. We're going to save people, together...i promise" 

Jinx raised her shield, and glanced at her familiar....how was she meant to train her familiar...? If she simply attacked and defended, perhaps...?

Edited by Jinx

The girl looked down at her familiar, and gave it a nod as she drew double-checked her armour, shield and the rapier which currently sat on her belt. She didn't use her weapon much, even if she always brought it out for every battle she was apart off. Often times, she had more important things to worry about than using her blade to damage the enemy. Keeping those around her safe always took priority, and often times the very people she was protection would be doing the damage for her. More and more recently, Jinx had wondered if keeping the weapon on her was honestly worth it...

"Fou, Fou fou fou!" Her familiar pipped up, lightly pawing at her foot.

"Oh, i'm sorry Fou. I was just thinking about how i fight, and how...i barely use my weapon anymore" The girls familiar tilted its head at her before clambering up her entire body, pawing at her shoulder a little "It'll be fine Fou. I've just gotta figure out if a weapon is something i need to be carrying on me at all times. Anyway, enough about me...it's time we find out what kind of combat you can help out with eh?" 

While Jinx lacked any Sword Arts, after all, she a tank, didn't need one...But still, she could swing her blade. The girl raised her shield, before shifting her shoulder...where Fou was currently resting "Please Fou...We need to do this. I need to learn how you fight, i need to learn how to keep you safe...and this is the only way i know how too" She explained to her familiar. Her familiar looked at her, staring right into her eyes before leaping off and landing on the ground with a loud 'Fou' in protest.

"Thank you...Now, i don't know how to do this so just...pretend we're in battle ok Fou?" The girl shifted her eyes forwards, and tried to picture something...one of the undead monsters she'd had to fight against recently. She could almost see it, and raised her shield, keeping her rapier poised at it. "Ok...Now, we see it...now to fight it" The girl shifted her shield and swung a blade at what she invisioned at an undead, all the while keeping her shield raised..."Ok, now...Fou, if you can do anything to help me...please, do it now..."

The girl swung my blade several times, hitting the area of air she mentally pictured at her target. She even mocked ducking and using her shield to block counter-attacks! After a minute or so, the girl was beeming with a smile at how in control she felt, despite the lack of enemies trying to kill her. But as she turned to her familiar, her smile dimmed. Fou was just, staring at her...Perhaps her familiar had no interest in fighting? 

Jinx let out a sigh, and leaned down and petted her familiar with an absent smile.

"I guess, you don't like to bring pain to people huh Fou?" The familiar gave her a look, almost as if judging her for thinknig it liked the idea of hurting people "Let me make it up to you...Food...?" Jinx got 'attacked' by her familiar, who she leaned down and let it climb up her arm and onto her shoulder, making happy excited noises as she moved back inside her guild-leaders house. It seemed, like master like familiar, they both adored everything about food...

Requirement: 7+

ID: 130335

CD: 4 <Fail> - Familiar NOT trained

Edited by Jinx

Setting inside the house, the girl quickly got rid of her armour and got 'changed' back into clothes that felt, honestly, a lot more comfortable. A plain white shirt, pants and a small scalf that wrapped around her shoulders, just incase it got cold. The girl then made her way over to the kitchen, where her familiar leapt onto the counter.

"Fou, please...Remember, even Silver isn't allowed up there. If Stryder sees you up there....Then again, i suppose as long as you don't do it when he is around, then you are fine..." The girl had planned to tell Fou off, but...The familiar was just too cute. How could she reprimand it? After all, Fou wasn't just an animal, she was her friend...And Jinx knew how to make that friend happy. She opened a draw a pulled out a snack and placed her open hand near the familiar. Fou dived forwards and quickly ate the snacks the girl had made.

"Fou...Not all at once, otherwise you'll end up like bandit" Despite the warning, the girl petted her familiar before accessing her inventory, and pulling out a few ingredients. She had enough for a few curries...hopefully. 

Edited by Jinx

The girl placed all her items across the bench, and quickly petted her familiar "What Fou? I wanna snack..." The girl pouted, knowing that her familiar wanted more food and that she HAD more, but didn't want to spoil her "Maybe later we can eat together ok Fou? Besides, before i feed you too much, you need to learn how to behave with Silver" The girl started getting her food ready, and smiled thinking of Silver and specifically, the human master of her. Stryder, the person whose house she had moved into forever ago and...never left.

"I wonder if he gets annoyed at me for living here now...Even if i own my own bed now" The girl glanced towards the staircase and where her room lived. She could still remember the excitement of him telling her he had gotten her a place to call her own. It wasn't massive, only a single room for now. But he had promised when they moved into the guild hall, she could have as much room as she wanted! An idea that got her excited...A place to truly call her own, where she could be truly safe...What a paradise she could live in.

Jinx's daydream was interupted by her familiar 'Fou' ing at her, and the girl scowled "I was concentrating!" She protested, before spotting she'd nearly overdone the beginning of her curry! She panicked, but managed to recover it without it burning down on her. She mentally reminded herself not to remain unfocused as Fou pawed at her food ingrediants. 

"I wouldn't eat those Fou, they're rather spicy. I made Stryder a curry with those a bit ago that he...well, i had to promise not to use them again for him" The girl smiled recalling when she'd remet Stryder...He'd been crying, and despite his pain, they'd ended up eating curry together and he seemed...a lot happier now than when they'd met. His friend had died, and he blamed himself. But more and more, while his desire to protect people never changed...He was happier, and she wanted to make sure he was...Even if he was the victim to all of her cooking experiments. 

"I can't wait for you to meet him Fou...I think you'd like him honestly" 

Jinx smiled at Fou and couldn't stop herself from continuing, spinning on the ball of her foot a little "He's super nice to everyone and...he does all he can...Honestly sometimes i wondered...When i was a kid, i always thought i was the burden. I made the life of everyone that much harder, but...My Gang showed me otherwise. They showed me i could be useful in my own way...And here in this world, Stryder...He showed me that i didn't have to be scared...that i...OW!" 

In her spinning, and absent-mindedness, the girl had knocked over the bowl she had water in. Boiling water, that splashed over her arms, legs and even face. Her reaction was instant, the collaspe onto the ground, whinning loudly as the pain pulsed. Even dulled, the girl felt it! It was, unsurpriingly, a very unhappy feeling.

Jinx opened her eyes at her familiar, Fou, who had leapt down from the counter and was licking at the girls arm, as if trying to comfort her hurt master. Jinx reached out and pet her familiar. while she wouldn't die, the pain was making it a bad time for cooking...

Jinx petted Fou as the dulled pulsating pain echoed through her body, and her mind started to processes everything. Jinx's eyes bogged a little as she realised her mind was starting to overload! She clentched her eyes shut, trying to dull out the pain that was driving her into the....

Jinx felt the pain start to slow down, the pulsing, ending...Her pain was, gone??? But, how? 

'Fou, fou fou!' Jinx opened her eyes as her familiar called out, and Jinx couldn't believe what she was witnessing. Fou was, glowing, a snow white, the same as her fur. But the same glow was, over her arms...Slowly sitting up, Jinx noticed that Fou's 'aura' was around her somehow...And the pain she felt was done. After it faded, Fou seemed unstable..

Jinx acted instantly, scooping her familiar up and hugging her tightly. "Fou, oh i'm so sorry...I didn't mean to...Not like this..." The girl felt horrible, her familiar looked exhausted and...while yes she'd discovered what her familiar could do...This wasn't fair on her friend, to have to look after her dumb mistakes like this.

Requirement: 7+CD

ID: 130339

CD: 11 <Mission Successful>

Familiar Mastery Skill Unlocked: Healer. 

Edited by Jinx

Jinx eventually dragged herself to her feet, and looked at Fou as her familiar stood on her palms and just seemed to stare at her, before hoping around happily on her hands and Jinx couldn't fight off the smile. It seemed her familiar was just as excited about discovering her abilities as Jinx was. Jinx cuddled closely to her familiar again, before placing her on the counter and starting to clean up her mess.

"You know Fou, it's...well, i wished you could heal...With me being a tank, if you were a damage familiar...Well, i think you'd of gotten better along with Stryder...But this prove it to me...That you were meant to be with me...My companion, and friend. After all, for a tank player like me...Who'd of thought i'd need anyone else?" Jinx picked up the pot, and played with her familiars ears a little as a reward for her friend in discovering what she was good at. Healing the person who would be protecting everyone else. 

Pleased that her familiar had been rewarded (Through MANY snacks that Jinx had made), Jinx now set about preparing her own food. This time, she made sure not to be distracted as she didn't want to make Fou clean up more of her mess. She stared intensely at each step of the curry, specifically when dumping in load after load of spice! She felt her stomach almost rumble in sheer anticipation for her food. 

It took her nearly 10 minutes, but eventually, the girl had a series of Curry items now just sitting in front of her. Today was amazing! She turned to Fou, who looked at her as if asking for some "Fou, it'll burn you from the inside out. I mean, this curry is...about the spicest i've ever made it...So if you..." Before Jinx could finish, Fou casually walked up and took a bite of the curry. Jinx waited....and waited...Was..

Fou went for another bite, and Jinx coudlnt' help but laugh a little. It seemed her familiar, her friend, was very much like her. 

Jinx quickly picked up one of her curries, and poured some of it into a smaller bowl that she took with her to the couch, sat herself down and placed the bowl next to her. Fou leapt up and without any hesitation, the familiar started eating. Jinx rolled her eyes a little and stroked her familairs adorably soft ears "You know Fou, i'm happy you like it...Means i don't have to hold back when you're around, unlike Stryder..." The girl mulled over the guild-leader, would he even approve of Fou? 

Oh what was she kidding, he HAD to. Fou was about the cutest thing ever! Jinx smiled contently as she started eating away at her curry, letting the strong burn shift within her mouth as she stared at the curry with a gleeful smile "Should i feed Stryder some of this without telling him...t-that's a prank to do, right? Give someone something they're not prepared for, right?" The idea milled inside the girls head, debating if it was too mean of a thing to do to her friend...

Jinx mulled over that decision for as long as she did her curry, that being a good few minutes.

On one hand, part of her felt like Stryder would take it in good faith and it might be just another funny story for them to share. That's what people did right, they did something a little mean with good intentions and it became a story of friendship.

On the other hand, what is Stryder was hurt by the spice, given he wasn't nearly as tolerant as she was. What if he hated her for it? He'd never get truly angry at her, she hoped at least, but would he get yelly? Would he try plot revenge of his own? She placed the empty bowl down, and Fou licked away at the tiny pool of leftovers that resided at the bottom of her bowl "Fou! Hey, that's stealing!" She loved that last little spot, often saving it for the end but even through her protests, Fou had snacked it all up. 

"Fooouu, i wanted thatt" She said to her familiar, planning on, something...before sighing and petting her friend instead "Just...try avoid stealing my food that often ok?" 

Picking up her bowl and her familiars bowl, Jinx returned to the kitchen and starting cleaning up after herself. After all, it wasn't her house. Stryder was nice enough to let her stay without asking her to do anything really, so it was only fair, when she did something...

It took the girl about 10 minutes to pack up everything, and all the while, Fou stared at her from the kitchen bench. The girl looked over at her familiar, before gesturing upstairs "Do you wanna go to my room, see your new home?" The offer was met with a happy cry from her familiar, and Fou leapt up onto her shoulder. Jinx lightly scratched under her familiars chin, smiling warmly as she made her way up the stairs "You'll love it...The bed is sooo comfortable!" Excited, Jinx realised slightly that Fou was like her...in that she wanted constant attention...right? Her familiar was truly so much like her, it was somewhat unnerving. 

Jinx walked up the stairs, and quickly walked through the open door to her room. For as fancy as the first floor had been, her room was extremely basic. A chest of draws and bed-side table, a chair and...a massive bed. The bed was a Kings size and had an abundence of pillows and blankets scattered across it. Fou did the most natural thing in the world, leapt forwarsd into it. Jinx followed a second after.

She buried herself in the abundance of comfort, and a sigh escaped her lips. Here, in this bed, was where she could truly relax. Where her mind dulled and the world was nothing more than a pleasant feeling across her hands, her face...Where the only noises would be Stryder when he came home after doing, whatever it was he said he was doing that her dulled mind couldn't recall. Her sliver of paradise that she was allowed to call her own, and truly be herself in. 

Edited by Jinx

The girl rolled around in her comfortable bed, almost purring alongwith her familiar in the comfortable sleeping arrangements. This place was where the girl felt almost no guilt in being absent-minded, after all, it was her...what would her friend say...kingdom? She couldn't remembe,r and sighed right as her familiar pounced on her! 

"F-fou!" The girl explained in surprise "Are you ok...coming to live with me?" The girl asked, getting a curious look from her familiar, right before it pawed her noise! The girl huffed playfully, before returning the favour and booping the noise of her familiar. Fou looked at Jinx as if she was insane. Jinx starting laughing softly. "You're adorable Fou...I'm so happy you choose me" 

The girl sat up in her bed, and her familiar leapt onto her shoulder, snuggling her insanely soft fur into the girls face "I'm being serious...You choose to be my friend that day Fou. It was more than just, me choosing you. You saw me and showed yourself to me, and...today i learn you can heal me...I don't believe in fate, or destiny...But i'm so happy everything worked out like they have Fou. You've made me such a happy girl" 

Jinx spent many more minutes laying in bed, playing with her familar as they both went to paw the other in a game of tag. Jinx couldn't even hide her smile, Fou was the very kind of friend she needed in this world. Her familiar seemed to understand, in such a short time, her mind. Admittantly she'd yet to have a breakdown, an overlord, with her familiar around so maybe things would change then. But for now, for these few days, the girl was permitted to be silly. She could be truly herself. And she loved it.

"Fou, catch!" The girl tossed a snack, and the familiar leapt up, mouth open, and caught it. Jinx petted Fou's head, and cuddled up to the familiar for a moment, before standing up out of the bed. Her familiar didn't let her go far, leaping up onto her shoulder and settling down. It seemed Fou had learnt a few things from Bandit...

"Never allowed to go anywhere without you now, eh Fou? Well...I suppose there is no point in protesting...We stand by one another little one" The girl scratched her familiar under its chin, and Fou made an adorable purring noise that caused Jinx to keep scratching as she exited her room. 

Jinx was so distracted by her familiar and the new noise she was able to make Fou make, that she had forgotten something about the house...Well, a lot of something.

Stairs, it was the stairs. 

Jinx had spent so much mental energy petting her familiar that she fell down a flight of stairs.

The girl crashed into the ground with a groaned pain as Fou, who had managed to avoid the stupidity of her owner, slowly made her way down the stairs and just stared at Jinx.

"I know....I was distracted" The tank player said, sitting up and rubbing her head, before frowning a little H-hey Fou...Can you heal me again please?" she requested her familiar. Despite the loo of judgement from it, Fou's coat started to glow white, and the outline went over Jinx's entire body and the little hp she'd taken in her house was healed up. The girl smiled, and after the white aura faded, picked up Fou and cuddled her warmly as a thank you for looking after her. 

Edited by Jinx

Jinx picked herself up, and smiled as already...Fou had proved herself, twice over now with the two times her familiar had healed her. They trusted one another, meaning...

The girl opened up her messenger, and found a name. It was time for a rematch no? Jinx smiled like an idiot as she sent the message, and put on her armour. There was one way to get used to battle, trial by fire. Fou was her friend, her familiar, her healer. So she'd look after Fou, and Fou would look after her. 

"Come on Fou, time to get a taste of the world..." Jinx stepped towards the door, before laughing softly. "Yes, i'll be careful around stairs from now on Fou" Jinx rolled her eyes at her familiar, before leaving out of the door with urgency. With a kick in her step, and excitement bubbling away in her heart. but Most importantly, a friend on her shoulder.

"Fou!" 

Edited by Jinx