DMG: 3 || ACC: 2 || MIT: 9

Skills:
» Curved Sword - Rank 1

Equipped:
» Okami [Rare Curved Sword [Damage // Accuracy]]
» Arrow Ring [Rare Ring [Accuracy // Accuracy]]
» Sturdy Jacket [Uncommon Light Armor [Mitigation]]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» (3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
» (5) Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
» (1) Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)

She walked right up to her brother's shop and walked in. "Kooooooooga!" Okay, she was finally using his username, much to her dismay. There was a reason that she was here and bugging him. She was also purposely ignoring that owl that was staring at Tala from the Artisan part of the shop. Her and her damned owl, ugh it was just too poetically annoying. Nope, she had a current goal, and without really waiting for Koga to say anything, she started to shoot off her idea.

"So, I am trying to find myself a familiar, and well, you know how we are with wolves. But this damned floor doesn't want me to have one apparently so I was figuring that since you have your wolf you would be able to show me the right floor to look at and even join me on the hunt." Stop, breath. "Before you say no, plllllllllllllease come with me brother, please." Now she was pleading, the last time she did this was a few years back when she just wanted to play a game with him. Careful Koga, you say no and she might just drag you along with anyways.

@Koga

Edited by Tala
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Koga

Level: 13
Health: 260
Energy: 26
DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Skills
>> Rank 1 Curved Sword
>> Rank 3 Katana

Battle Ready Inventory
>> [50 HP] Healing Potions (2)
>> [40 HP] Healing Potion (5)
>> [DMG +1] Damage Potion (1)
>> Spyglass 2/3 (1)
>> Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Golden Rabbit's Foot>> [Loot Die // Loot Die // Loot Die]

The sound of the shop door slamming open startled Koga and was followed by the singsong voice of...Tala..."Kooooooooga!" At least she managed to remember to use his username.
"Hey sis, whats up? Not just dropping by to say 'hi' to your loving brother are you?" the man greeted.
"So, I am trying to find myself a familiar, and well, you know how we are with wolves. But this damned floor doesn't want me to have one apparently so I was figuring that since you have your wolf you would be able to show me the right floor to look at and even join me on the hunt." The girl stopped for a moment, finally taking a breath between her words. "Before you say no, plllllllllllllease come with me brother, please."
"A, wasn't gonna say 'no', I'm not about to miss you suffering through that godforsaken quest, B, Floor Four...hope you packed a heavy jacket." The man went ahead and opened his inventory, ensuring that he had all his gear and was ready to face that frozen forest one more time. Wonderful time, wonderful time.

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Tala: HP: 140/140 || EN: 14/14 || DMG: 3 || ACC: 2 || MIT: 9

"Hey sis, whats up? Not just dropping by to say 'hi' to your loving brother are you?" She looked at him a bit confused, "Hey, are you trying to say that I don't come and say 'hi' enough? Because if that's the case, I'll start dropping by every hour if I have to." She was teasing him at this point as she retorted her response.

"A, wasn't gonna say 'no', I'm not about to miss you suffering through that godforsaken quest, B, Floor Four...hope you packed a heavy jacket." She groaned then, she remembered floor four, and she made sure that she had clothes in there. She was not going in a damn skirt again. "Yeah, learned that lesson once. Skirts and floor four don't mix, at all." At least Yukiro had a giant cloak that he had let her borrow.

"So! Other than the floor being a frozen wasteland that needs a bunch of torches and fires on it to melt it, got any pointers brother dearest?" She was waiting for him at this point, wondering if he had anything that was going to be of some kind of use to her. She hoped so, but she highly doubted it at the same time.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 260/260 // EN: 26/26 // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Obtained This Thread
-1 Spyglass 2/3
-1 Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Golden Rabbit's Foot>> [Loot Die // Loot Die // Loot Die]

"Hey, are you trying to say that I don't come and say 'hi' enough? Because if that's the case, I'll start dropping by every hour if I have to." Koga gave his sister a light hearted smile as she teased him. "No, I mean usually if you drop by it's 'cause you want something."

"Yeah, learned that lesson once. Skirts and floor four don't mix, at all." Koga looked at his sister blankly, practically stupefied by her. "You're telling me you went to Floor Four...and didn't know what it was?" he said incredulously.

"So! Other than the floor being a frozen wasteland that needs a bunch of torches and fires on it to melt it, got any pointers brother dearest?" Koga couldn't help but scoff in amusement before giving one of his typical sarcastic responses, "Yeah, don't piss the mob off and get killed." Yeah, that was really helpful Koga. "For real though, just take it slow and try not to get too frustrated...which I now realize is a lot to ask given that you've got about the same amount of patience as me. Thankfully, I've got some stuff to give you a hand. One sec, lemme go grab them and the rest of my gear and we can head out."

The man disappeared into the back of the store for a moment before reappearing in his typical coat, midnight blue katana at his waist. "These, dear sister, are for you." The man presented his female look alike with two items. A Golden Rabbit's Foot and Spyglass. "The Spyglass makes tameable creatures appear more often. And I think you can guess how the Rabbit's Foot will help. Here." The man handed the items over before opening the door and stepping out of the shop. Once Tala had also left, he flipped the sign to closed and locked up. "Alright, let's get going."

Koga gifts Spyglass 2/3 (1) and Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Golden Rabbit's Foot>> [Loot Die // Loot Die // Loot Die] to Tala

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Obtained:
>> Spyglass 2/3 (1)
>> Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Golden Rabbit's Foot>> [Loot Die // Loot Die // Loot Die]

Used:
Spyglass [1 use left]

"No, I mean usually if you drop by it's 'cause you want something." She opened her mouth to say something, and promptly closed it. Maybe he had a bit of a point on that one. She should probably fix that shouldn't she.

"You're telling me you went to Floor Four...and didn't know what it was?" She stared at him for a moment. "I also hadn't planned on going to the fourth floor brother dearest. It was a spur of the moment invitation to fight the Avalanche. And well.... I was in a damn skirt that day... and no I didn't know the fourth floor was an ice box." She shivered just thinking about that quest, that she hadn't even done anything on. Did she mention that she was just standing there as he and NIGHT beat the thing up?

"Yeah, don't piss the mob off and get killed." Oh the sarcasm, it ran in the family, and his still made her laugh. Next came his talk about her patience, she couldn't disagree with him there. "Well, you know what they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." She smirked as he disappeared. She wondered what it was that he was about to go and grab. But, she looked around and noticed that the owl had left while Koga and Tala had been talking. Good.

"These, dear sister, are for you." She looked at the two items. She was about to ask what one of them did but her brother beat her to it. "The Spyglass makes tameable creatures appear more often. And I think you can guess how the Rabbit's Foot will help. Here." She took the items from him and nodded lightly. Right, things can be made easier, awesome. She walked out of the shop after him and quickly used the Spyglass before she looked at Koga. "Alright, let's get going."

She nodded before she started to head out of the town. But there was still one minor detail since she failed the first quest, the gypsy had to be found again. Well, she looked in one direction and the gypsy all but smacked her on the head from the opposite direction. "Looks like you need a fam-." Tala turned and looked at the lady. "We went through this maybe an hour ago, can I just have the stuff please." The NPC looked offended for a moment before thrusting the food into Tala's hands. She didn't even look at Koga, knowing that he was probably going to chastise her for that before she headed out of the town again.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 260/260 // EN: 26/26 // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Obtained This Thread
-1 Spyglass 2/3
-1 Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Golden Rabbit's Foot>> [Loot Die // Loot Die // Loot Die]

"I also hadn't planned on going to the fourth floor brother dearest. It was a spur of the moment invitation to fight the Avalanche. And well.... I was in a damn skirt that day... and no I didn't know the fourth floor was an ice box."
"Tala, you have infinite inventory space. You could have equipped a coat!"

"Well, you know what they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."
Koga gave Tala a blank stare. "You realize in this case, I too am an apple..."

When the two stepped out of the store to find the Gypsy, as usual, it didn't take too long.
"Looks like you need a fam-"
"We went through this maybe an hour ago, can I just have the stuff please." Tala said, cutting off the Gypsy. As the lady walked off, Koga couldn't help but start laughing. "Serves that crazy woman right."

@Tala

Spoiler

"Tala, you have infinite inventory space. You could have equipped a coat!" She stared at him for a moment before she sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Have I mentioned I haven't left this floor, like ever?" She tried to grin to, hopefully, make her brother not wanna smack her. But then, she hadn't left the floor much, if ever, so it was valid in her mind. "But! I have one now!" Good for you Tala, good for you.

"You realize in this case, I too am an apple..." She clapped happily right away. "Look brother! We are twins then!" She giggled before the entire conversation, or lack there of, with the gypsy happened. She really hated that NPC but there was nothing she could do if she wanted to get a familiar. "Serves that crazy woman right." Tala looked at Koga before she headed to the teleporter. "I feel like there is a story to tell!"

She wanted to know, and just before she stepped onto the platform, she equipped her new found winter jacket, thank you mistakes for learning from. "Teleport, Snowfrost!" She soon vanished in the pillar of blue before she was standing in snow and already grumbling before moving aide to let her brother have room to get over.

@Koga

Spoiler

The pair were almost to the teleporter as Tala pinched the bridge of her nose and said, "Have I mentioned I haven't left this floor, like ever?"
Queue the biggest facepalm ever from her older sibling.
"But! I have one now!" Koga let out a loud groan as he listened to his sister. Sometimes she amazed him.

"I feel like there is a story to tell!" Tala responded, which earned only a chuckle from Koga. "Oh, don't worry about it. I wanna see if it happens to you first," the man snickered.

Tala was first onto the teleporter, and soon enough she disappeared into a column of bright blue light. Koga was next, and he too disappeared from Floor One, only to reappear in the third floor's Snowfrost. The man drew his coat tighter around his body as he walked over to Tala. "Alright, you ready?" he asked, eager to get moving and warm his already chilled body.

@Tala

Spoiler

She watched her brother facepalm, and it made her laugh. For some reason, it was funny to her that she had managed to make him facepalm. She didn't know why, but she found it funny. Then came the groan and she chuckled once more. "Oh you know you love me brother dearest."

"Oh, don't worry about it. I wanna see if it happens to you first." "Well, isn't that just mean." She pretended to pout for a moment before the travel happened to the fourth floor. She looked at her brother when he joined her on the floor and she let out a frozen chuckle. At least she wasn't going to suffer alone this time. "Alright, you ready?" She nodded, "Ready as ever. Let's see what I can find today." She didn't want to wait any longer, so she started to head out of the town.

It was time to hunt down herself a wolf.

@Koga

Spoiler

Tala chuckled as she spoke, "Oh you know you love me brother dearest."
"I dunno that forced familial bonds constitutes love, but okay," Koga retorted with a joking tone. Naw, he loved. He couldn't help it.

"Well, isn't that just mean," Tala pouted.
"You say that as if you haven't known me your literal entire life." There was the infamous Kasai sarcasm again.

Sure enough the two were out into the wilds, snow gently floating down from the sky as they walked. "Hope you're ready for one hell of a slog of a quest. I forget how many times and how long it took me to find my Familiar," Koga said to his sister, shoving his hands in his coat pockets as they traversed the snowy Floor. Koga remembered the frustration of this quest. Honestly, sometimes he thought that the RNG gods had it out for him. His luck was absolutely awful sometimes.

@Tala

Spoiler

ID: 131515
LD: 8 (5+3) >>FAIL<<

"I dunno that forced familial bonds constitutes love, but okay." She mocked pain just then, knowing that it was a joke. She knew that he would know that she was joking about being hurt from the comment anyways. It took a lot to have her brother hurt her in any kind of way anyways. She was just too used to his way of joking to be phased by it.

"You say that as if you haven't known me your literal entire life." This time, the scoff was real when she looked at him. "Well, fine then. Guess we will just have to see who tames a familiar faster than won't we." Yup, there she was, turning this into a competition. Is there anything you won't turn into a competition Tala? Probably not to be honest. Right now, she was looking around, trying to see if she could find something, ignoring the cold no matter how much it wanted to bite at her.

"Okay, other than this taking absolutely forever, do you think I can drag you for food afterwards? As a thank you for enduring this terror with me?" She still loved her brother, that much was always going to be seen. Her offering to buy him food, well, that was her own way of saying thank you.

@Koga

Edited by Tala
Spoiler

"Well, fine then. Guess we will just have to see who tames a familiar faster than won't we," Tala fired off, earning a scoff from Koga. "Fine, you win then," the man said, "Took me days to find mine. Total pain in my ass. Worth it. But Christ on a crutch..."

"Okay, other than this taking absolutely forever, do you think I can drag you for food afterwards? As a thank you for enduring this terror with me?"
"Do you even need to ask, Tala?" Yes. The answer was, and always would be, yes. Food was the quickest way to Koga's heart. And after about 19 years, Tala definitely knew that by now.

"So, I've been meaning to ask," Koga said in that seriously brotherly tone he sometimes had. "You and Yuki? What's goin' on there? Never really thought he'd have been your type." Well, honestly, Koga didn't even know if his sister had a type beyond whatever will piss him off the most...but, that was an entirely different conversation.

@Tala

Spoiler

Tala: HP: 140/140 || EN: 12(14-2)/14 || DMG: 3 || ACC: 2 || MIT: 9

Fox: HP: 130/130 || DMG: 30 || Hate: vs Koga: 0 // vs Tala: 0

ID: 131777
BD: 1 >>CRITICAL FAIL<<
Sword Art: Rage Blow
DMG: >>MISS<<

"Fine, you win then. Took me days to find mine. Total pain in my ass. Worth it. But Christ on a crutch..." She looked at him, a mixture of surprise and happiness in her eyes, "I don't think I've ever heard you give up that fast big brother." She couldn't help but chuckle either way though. It was kind of funny to her to hear him give up right off the bat. It was new to her, but she enjoyed it either way. Sure, she had her moments of being a horrible little sister, but what were little sisters for?

"Do you even need to ask, Tala?" "Fine, next time I'll just drag you around town without asking. See if you want to be asked then." She grinned at him, a grin that he should know means that she was going to go along with what she just threatened. If he can kidnap people, she can do the same to him. But she wasn't going to say that aloud.

"So, I've been meaning to ask. You and Yuki? What's goin' on there? Never really thought he'd have been your type." Uh oh, she knew that tone. It was the 'serious brother' tone. She sighed and rolled her eyes, about to open her mouth to say something, when a bright orange fur pelt caught her eye instead. Now was her chance to avoid that question altogether. Perfect for her, horrible for him. She unsheathed her sword and went for the fox, channeling her sword art, only for an unseen rock to catch her foot instead.

So, here she was, face first in snow, not wanting to move. She was starting to hate this game.

@Koga

Edited by Tala

In Combat

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 260/260 // EN: 17/26 (26 -9) // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Fox: HP: 94/130 (130 -36) // DMG: 30 // Hate: vs Koga: 1 (0 +1) // vs Tala: 0
[Stunned]
ID: 131845
Sword Art: Ra Setsu [x6 Stun]
BD: 6 (4 +2) >>Success<<
DMG: 6 x6 -0 = 36

"I don't think I've ever heard you give up that fast big brother," Tala said brightly.
"Don't sound so damn happy about it. There are some things I will never subject myself to, and that is one of them," Koga replied, PTSD flashes of his own long and arduous search for a Familiar flashing through his mind.

Instead of answering him, Tala decided to chase after a Fox...which was a poor choice given the fact she face planted in spectacular fashion right after. Brilliant. Koga rolled his eyes as he drew his katana and gave chase to the Fox. His katana began to glow crimson as he struck the poor creature with a Ra Setsu, stunning the woodland critter. "Wanna try that again, dear sister?" Koga asked, gesturing to the still dazed Fox. Surely she could hit a static target. At least, Koga hoped she hadn't gotten that our of practice...

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Tala: HP: 140/140 || EN: 10(12-2)/14 || DMG: 3 || ACC: 2 || MIT: 9

Fox: HP: 94/130 || DMG: 30 || Hate: vs Koga: 1 // vs Tala: 0
[STUNNED]

ID: 131846
BD: 5 (3+2) >>FAIL<<
DMG: >>MISS<<

"Don't sound so damn happy about it. There are some things I will never subject myself to, and that is one of them," she laughed at his answer. Oh how she loved her dear big brother.

Perhaps the face planting into the snow was revenge for deciding to ignore her brother's question. It made perfect sense in her mind really with how she looked at it. Either way, she rolled to her back as she watched her brother hit the fox. Of course he would hit it, why wouldn't he? She sighed as she got back to her feet and looked at the fox. She was going to do this. "Wanna try that again, dear sister?" She grumbled something under her breath as she grabbed her sword to try again. Only, for some reason, snow didn't like her. Right as she channeled Rage Blow once more to use it, her sword got stuck on a tree. "...." All she did then was plop her butt on the ground and crossed her arms.

@Koga

Edited by Tala

In Combat

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 260/260 // EN: 12/26 (17 +1 -6) // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Fox: HP: 46/130 (94 -48) // DMG: 30 // Hate: vs Koga: 2 (1 +1) // vs Tala: 0
[Stun Cooldown 3/3]

ID: 131876
Sword Art: Gen Getsu [x6]
BD: 8 (6 +2) >>Fallen +2<<
DMG: 8 x6 -0 = 48
CD: 4 <<Recovery Failed>>
MD vs Koga: 1 (3 -2) >>Fail<<

After Tala had gotten back to her feet, she grumbled, per usual, and picked up her weapon. By some miraculous combination of bad luck and lack of spatial awareness, Tala's sword struck the branch of a tree with a hearty thunk! The sword was embedded deep into the branch. Tala let go of her sword and plopped herself onto the ground and crossed her arms with a huff. Koga rolled his eyes to deal with the Fox. "Man, do I gotta do everything around 'ere?"

His katana began to glow crimson again as he charged his sword art. The blade took on a dark aura as it arced outwards and struck the Fox, dropping the little critter's health bar into the yellow. The Fox apparently didn't like that though and leaped at Koga...who just walked away...the man walked towards Tala and her Sword in the Tree as the Fox sailed by behind him. The man yanked the weapon from the tree (hey, he must be the twice and past king) and shoved it into the dirt before offering a hand to Tala, "C'mon. Let's kill this Fox and get you you're Familiar. You'll feel better after that."

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Tala: HP: 140/140 || EN: 8(10-2)/14 || DMG: 3 || ACC: 2 || MIT: 9

Fox: HP: 40(46-6)/130 || DMG: 30 || Hate: vs Koga: 2 // vs Tala: 1

ID: 131877
BD: 8 >>HIT<<
DMG: 3*2=6

"Man, do I gotta do everything around 'ere?" All she did was glare at him. She could say some words, but that would involve her breaking his concentration, and damn, someone needed to kill this thing. She obviously wasn't doing that job. She looked up at her sword in the branch and sighed. Yeah, I'm so not helping in this situation at all. She nearly jumped from her thoughts when she saw Koga pull her sword from the branch, knowing him, he had some kind of joke in his mind about it. She nearly cringed though when he shoved the sword into the dirt, the poor thing what did it ever do to Koga?

"C'mon. Let's kill this Fox and get you you're Familiar. You'll feel better after that." She stared at his had for a moment before she took a deep breath and pulled herself up with his help. "I'll feel better if I can manage to get a hit on the fox really." Her words were mumbled as she grabbed her sword from the dirt, with effort, thanks brother. Once she had her sword and was situated, she started to channel Rage Blow once more before she went for the attack, her sword actually cleaving the Fox's chest this time. Her damage was minimal, but hey, she finally hit the damn thing.

@Koga

Edited by Tala

Combat Ends

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 260/260 // EN: 8/26 (12 +1 -5) // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Fox: HP: 0/130 (40 -40) // DMG: 30 // Hate: vs Koga: 2 // vs Tala: 1
[Stun Cooldown 2/3]

ID: 131883
Sword Art: Was Shu [x5]
BD: 8 (6 +2) >>Fallen +2<<
DMG: 8 x5 -0 = 40
CD: 5 <<Recovery Failed>>

Loot Roll
ID: 131884
LD: 5
CD: 4
+650 Col, +2 T1 Materials

Obtained This Thread
-1 Spyglass 2/3
+650 Col
+2 T1 Materials

Tala took Koga's hand and the man hoisted his sister to her feet. "I'll feel better if I can manage to get a hit on the fox really," the girl grumbled, whilst pulling her sword from the ground with a little bit of effort. Sure enough, Tala did manage to hit the Fox. "Feel better now?" Koga asked, half sarcastically as he walked up to the Fox to strike it. His sword burned crimson and gave of dark energy as he finished off the critter, Some Col and some Mats. Really? That was it? How come he never got items. Koga let out a disappointed sigh as he sheathed his weapon and turned to his sister, "Ready to keep goin'?" he asked. It was cold, and as much as Koga loved his sister, he was not excited about being stuck out on Floor Four any longer than necessary...which if his quest was any indication, could be a long time already.

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Tala: HP: 140/140 || EN: 9/14 || DMG: 3 || ACC: 2 || MIT: 9

"Feel better now?" She looked at him and nodded lightly, "A bit yeah. Too bad it's crap damage." She shrugged that off though as her brother soon dispatched of the fox. Well, at least that was done and over with. She sighed as she crossed her arms over her chest then and she walked over to her brother. She heard his sigh and she couldn't help but laugh, "Bad loot?" She knew the feeling of that all to well. It seemed to be the Kasai crap luck with loot rolls. "Ready to keep goin'?" She nodded lightly as she started to walk once more. Walking was going to help keep them warm right? She sure hoped so because right now, it felt like she was about to just fall over dead from the cold. "Why would anyone want to live on this blasted floor?" She grumbled her words, knowing that Koga probably heard them still anyways.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 260/260 // EN: 14/26 (8 +6) // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1
ID: 131903
LD: 12 >>No Material Found<<

Obtained This Thread
-1 Spyglass 2/3
+650 Col
+2 T1 Materials

"A bit yeah. Too bad it's crap damage," Tala said after having hit the Fox. "Hey, I couldn't have finished that guy off if you hadn't gotten that chip damage in. Literally. I think that was exactly enough damage to off him." Yes...yes it was Koga.

"Bad loot?" Tala asked her brother as she approached with crossed arms. "You know it," her brother said, "would it really kill RNGesus to just let me have one good item drop?" I mean seriously. The best thing this kid has ever gotten was a rare consumable. The Roller has to have it out for him or something.

"Why would anyone want to live on this blasted floor?" Tala grumbled as Koga unconsciously pulled his coat tighter around his body. "Not desert rats like us, sis," Koga replied, stepping closer to Tala and pulling her into him, partially to lend her some of his warmth, partially to steal some of her own.

@Tala

Edited by Koga