[F04 - PP] The Second Wolf Hunt «Feeding your Enemy»

Spoiler

Tala: HP: 140/140 || EN: 9/14 || DMG: 3 || ACC: 2 || MIT: 9

ID: 131959
LD: 11 (8+3) >>Fail<<

"Hey, I couldn't have finished that guy off if you hadn't gotten that chip damage in. Literally. I think that was exactly enough damage to off him." She looked at him and nodded lightly before she sighed. She didn't know exactly what was the best thing to say right there. Either way, they were on the hunt again at least, so walking and searching.

"You know it, would it really kill RNGesus to just let me have one good item drop?" She laughed lightly, "Probably as much as it would kill to give me a familiar brother." It was just their luck, it was horrible. Someone had something against them, and it showed every time that they actually wanted something. Like right now. There was no sign of a wolf anywhere that she was able to tame.

"Not desert rats like us, sis," she snorted at that response. Boy wasn't it the truth. "Just our luck for the best floor for this to be covered in snow." She leaned into her brother and she sighed. She had a feeling that this was a mutual warmth stealing operation now, but that didn't seem to matter as the walk continued. At least, he seemed to have forgotten about the question from earlier that she never answered.

@Koga

Edited by Tala
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 260/260 // EN: 20/26 (14 +6) // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1
ID: 131960
LD: 12 >>No Treasure Chest Found<<

Obtained This Thread
-1 Spyglass 2/3
-1 Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Golden Rabbit's Foot>> [Loot Die // Loot Die // Loot Die]
+650 Col
+2 T1 Materials

Tala laughed as Koga complained about never having good item drops. "Probably as much as it would kill to give me a familiar brother," she said. "And here I was thinking the system was just trying to spare some poor mob from your wrath," the older of the two siblings said, voice dripping with sarcasm. Tala would know he was joking. They were always yanking on each other's legs anyways.

"Just our luck for the best floor for this to be covered in snow," Tala said as she leaned into Koga's side.
"Anything to make our lives more difficult I suppose," Koga agreed as they walked side by side. At least a blizzard hadn't rolled in like when he'd come out onto floor. Now that had been some snow. Koga hadn't been able to see more than a couple feet in front of him. It had been a wonder he'd managed to find and tame Okami in that blizzard.

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Tala: HP: 140/140 || EN: 9/14 || DMG: 3 || ACC: 2 || MIT: 9

"And here I was thinking the system was just trying to spare some poor mob from your wrath," she looked at him ad shook her head, faking a frown. "Now that was just plain mean brother. I mean, I'm not as mean as you for leaving Okami back at the shop," there was a smile on her face then as she gently threw the sarcasm back at her dear older brother. Two could always play this game, and it always alternated on who would win. She found it to be fun.

"Anything to make our lives more difficult I suppose." There was a small nod as she agreed, "Difficult and slightly miserable." It was true, she was just a tad miserable in the snow. She didn't like it, at all. It was cold and wet, and it just wasn't the heat that she liked. But her mind did jump back to the one question from earlier. Should she continue to act like it was never brought up? She asked herself this as she walked right next to her brother, watching for a wolf of her own to come on out of hiding.

"Tell me brother, what do you find so fascinating about your owl?" She was curious and it was going to help with her grand master plan that she had started planning earlier. But, she was also curious as to if this woman was even right for her brother in the first place.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 260/260 // EN: 26/26 (20 +6) // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1
ID: 132004
LD: 4 >>No Material Found<<

Obtained This Thread
-1 Spyglass 2/3
-1 Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Golden Rabbit's Foot>> [Loot Die // Loot Die // Loot Die]
+650 Col
+2 T1 Materials

"Now that was just plain mean brother. I mean, I'm not as mean as you for leaving Okami back at the shop," Tala fired back feigning pain.
"...That hurts, Tala. That really hurts. And touche." That was a fair point that she'd made...

"Only slightly miserable?" Koga asked, clearly suffering himself, "I dunno about you, sis, but I'd rather be by a fire right now. An actual fire, I know you're gonna say, 'oh, but we are fires, look at our last name!' or whatever."

"Tell me brother, what do you find so fascinating about your owl?" Koga smirked. Oh, Tala, what a mistake you just made. "You first. You and Yukiro, spill." There was something going on there. There was always something going on when Tala was involved. Of course, she might just surprise him. But, Koga wasn't exactly banking on that possibility. He was sure she'd reveal whatever she was planning in time, for better or for worse.

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Tala: HP: 140/140 || EN: 14/14 || DMG: 3 || ACC: 2 || MIT: 9

"...That hurts, Tala. That really hurts. And touche." She sighed and rolled her eyes, "Oh we both know that you just left him behind so that he doesn't freeze to death along with us." Her own odd way of apologizing to her brother, isn't she just lovely?

"Only slightly miserable? I dunno about you, sis, but I'd rather be by a fire right now. An actual fire, I know you're gonna say, 'oh, but we are fires, look at our last name!' or whatever." She laughed as she shook her head, "See I wasn't going to, but you just went and said it anyways, which just makes it perfect." She couldn't help but find that pretty funny, and laughing seemed to help keep her warm, a bit at least.

Uh oh, she knew that smirk. "You first. You and Yukiro, spill." Damn, he hadn't forgotten. She sighed lightly then, "Would you believe me if I said that I like him because he's nice to me?" Valid question, and answer. Of course, would Koga believe her was the question. But it wasn't a lie either, she did like him, she just didn't know if she was going to keep him around after her plan is done and over with.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 260/260 // EN: 26/26 (20 +6) // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1
ID: 132019
LD: 6 >>No Materials Found<<

Obtained This Thread
-1 Spyglass 2/3
+650 Col
+2 T1 Materials

"Oh we both know that you just left him behind so that he doesn't freeze to death along with us."
"Eh, I dunno about that," Koga admitted, "I think he might've liked to see this floor again. I'm sure you figured this out, but this is the floor I found him on."

"See I wasn't going to, but you just went and said it anyways, which just makes it perfect," Tala said with a laugh, and getting a chuckle out of Koga as well. "Damn, you played me," the man said with an amused smile.

"Would you believe me if I said that I like him because he's nice to me?"
"I would if it weren't you who were saying it," Koga replied. Was it a little harsh? Yeah, but was he wrong? No. Yeah, Yuki was a nice guy and all, but Koga could hardly think of a time Tala had dated someone without the express goal of getting back at Koga. Yeah, they were a bit of a dysfunctional family, but they loved each other.

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"Eh, I dunno about that, I think he might've liked to see this floor again. I'm sure you figured this out, but this is the floor I found him on." She shook her head with a smile on her face. "So I'm not the only one poaching a wolf from this floor, sounds about right."

She got him to chuckle with how she managed to trick him, "You make it easy to do and it's fun." She grinned as she thought back to how many times she has trick him into saying things for her.

"I would if it weren't you who were saying it," she stared at him, actual hurt showing in her eyes this time. "That's a little harsh there don't you think?" She knew that he had a point, but she wasn't about to admit that today. Nope, instead, she focused her gaze back ahead of her as she went back to seeing if there was any hint at all of a wolf for her.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 132058
LD: 6 >>No Materials Found<<

Obtained This Thread
-1 Spyglass 2/3
+650 Col
+2 T1 Materials

"So I'm not the only one poaching a wolf from this floor, sounds about right," Tala said with a smile.
"Poaching? Is that what we're calling it now? I thought we were just taming a mob, not selling it on the black market," Koga joked. What? He has to entertain himself somehow.

"You make it easy to do and it's fun," Tala commented, earning an uncertain look from her brother.
"I don't know if I should be offended, or take that as a compliment..." the man said.

Tala looked up at Koga with an offended look. No, like an actually offended, hurt look. Not the usual fake one. "That's a little harsh there don't you think?" Koga sucked in air through his teeth as he made a bit of a face. "Eh, yeah, a bit. But c'mon Tala, when was the last time you dated someone just because you liked 'em? You've typically got something up your sleeve."

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"Poaching? Is that what we're calling it now? I thought we were just taming a mob, not selling it on the black market," she rolled her eyes at his new found joke.

"I don't know if I should be offended, or take that as a compliment..." "Probably safe to say both big brother, both. You really shouldn't make it easy for me to tease you, but you do," she stuck her tongue out at him and instantly regretted that when the cold hit it. She grumbled at her own stupid choice then, knowing that he was going to say something on it.

"Eh, yeah, a bit. But c'mon Tala, when was the last time you dated someone just because you liked 'em? You've typically got something up your sleeve." She sighed once more and shook her head as she opened her mouth to say something and just closed it. No point in trying to argue that she meant it this time, he probably wouldn't believe her with her track record anyways. "Your turn."

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 260/260 // EN: 26/26 // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1
ID: 132097
LD: 11 >>No Materials Found<<

Obtained This Thread
-1 Spyglass 2/3
+650 Col
+2 T1 Materials

"Probably safe to say both big brother, both. You really shouldn't make it easy for me to tease you, but you do."
"Thanks, Tala," Koga deadpanned, "I appreciate that...really..." The eye twitch said that Koga did not, in fact, appreciate it. Then she stuck her tongue out, and the whole "At that moment, Tala, knew she'd f'd up" reel played in Koga's mind as he watched her face distort into displeasure. The man couldn't help but chuckle. "Heh...idiot."

Tala sighed as she opened her mouth to say something before quickly shutting it. Whatever she was gonna say was lost to the ages as she decided to turn it around on Koga, "Your turn." Koga rolled his eyes at that. "You really weren't paying attention the first day you walked into my shop, did you?" the man chided, "I told you. She's smart, kind. Pretty funny, even if she doesn't really mean to be. Above all else, really caring. I dunno, whaddya want from me Tala? You know I'm terrible when it comes to this kind of stuff."

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

ID: 132099
LD: 14 (11+3) >>No Familiar Found<<

"Thanks, Tala, I appreciate that...really..." She smiled knowing that he was going to be fine. Nothing to worry about. Nothing at all. No, he wasn't slightly irritated with her comment. Nah, he was fine. Her thought process was an interesting one, gotta give her that. But she knew that he was going to respond about her sticking her tongue out at him and she glared at him, "Oh shush you."

She sighed momentarily as she shook her head, "Okay brother." She didn't believe that was all when he explained, she figured that there had to be more, but of course, he wasn't going to say. He was going to blame it on the fact that he was terrible with relationships. Boy, was that a funny thing to hear him admit, even though it didn't make her laugh in the moment. But still, she looked around for a moment. She could have sworn that she heard something, but there was nothing to be seen so she grumbled as she continued to walk. "I'm starting to hate this quest..."

@Koga

Edited by Tala
Spoiler

Koga: HP: 260/260 // EN: 26/26 // DMG: 6 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1
ID: 132107
LD: 18 >>Material Found<<
+1 T1 Material

Obtained This Thread
-1 Spyglass 2/3
+650 Col
+3 T1 Materials

Tala shushed Koga. The man just rolled his eyes at his sister. Yeah right...let's see how long that lasts. Not long, knowing Koga.

It was clear to Koga that Tala didn't believe him. Koga shook his head and stared onward, knowing that he would probably never be able to convince his sister of anything other than what she already believed. The Kasais were stubborn like that.

"I'm starting to hate this quest..."
Koga scoffed in an amused manner, "Join the club sis. If it weren't for the pay off, there is no way in hell I would've let you take this quest. But, gotta admit, a Familiar that boosts your stats? That's pretty invaluable. Worth the hell this game puts you through to get it...well...almost...makes it excusable at least." Excusable. Yeah, that was a good word for it. Because there was no way in hell that Koga would ever say that this hell-spawned quest was actually worthwhile.

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

Tala: HP: 140/140 || EN: 14/14 || DMG: 3 || ACC: 2 || MIT: 9

She was successful in getting him to stop teasing her at least, for now. It was bound to happen again with these two. There wasn't a moment when they weren't teasing the crap out of each other. It's what the siblings did after all. But she also wasn't going to voice that she was a bit hurt that he didn't believe her still. Again, she couldn't blame him. Just like she knew he wasn't bad at relationships, just expressing the feelings that go with relationships. Either way though, she liked to play it as him just being horrible with relationships, made it more fun for her.

"Join the club sis. If it weren't for the pay off, there is no way in hell I would've let you take this quest. But, gotta admit, a Familiar that boosts your stats? That's pretty invaluable. Worth the hell this game puts you through to get it...well...almost...makes it excusable at least." Ha, that was nearly laughable, if she weren't freezing. "How did you survive this when you did it? I mean I know you're just as cold as I am..." She honestly doubted that he was having an easier time in the snow right now.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 132143
LD: 14 >>No Materials Found<<

Obtained This Thread
-1 Spyglass 2/3
+650 Col
+3 T1 Materials

"How did you survive this when you did it? I mean I know you're just as cold as I am..." Ha...this was a story...
"Honestly? I was annoyed, frustrated, and really wanted to kill something. So I did...lots of things...until I felt better. And then when I got mad again, I killed more things. Eventually I found something that I didn't wanna kill and didn't wanna kill me in return. Enter Okami." Yeah that about summed up how that went. Koga really needed to go to some anger management classes, I mean Christ man. Take a chill pill.
"Hopefully, though," the Swordsman went on, "It won't take forever in your case. But, we'll have to wait and see." Which at this rate might see Koga start killing some more things again. Because this was taking forever, Koga was getting cold, and a good fight always warms the blood. Tala, how do you put up with this neanderthal?

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

"Honestly? I was annoyed, frustrated, and really wanted to kill something. So I did...lots of things...until I felt better. And then when I got mad again, I killed more things. Eventually I found something that I didn't wanna kill and didn't wanna kill me in return. Enter Okami." She looked at her brother, concern showing. "Masa, have you ever thought of anger management classes? And before you say anything we are alone in the middle of snow I doubt it matters what I call you."

Of course, the same could be said for her, but she wasn't actively out here killing things now was she. "Hopefully, though, it won't take forever in your case. But, we'll have to wait and see." A sigh, "You already want to kill something don't you Masa?" She shook her head then as she wondered how she managed to never actually want to smack her brother before. Since they were related, did that mean she would turn orange if she did it now?

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 132250
LD: 17 >>Material Found<<
+1 T1 Material

Obtained This Thread
-1 Spyglass 2/3
+650 Col
+4 T1 Materials

Tala, using Koga's real name, broached the subject of him going to anger management classes. The man bit his tongue as she noted they were alone in the middle of the forest, so it didn't matter if she used his real name. "Anger management, no," the girl's brother replied, "therapy on the other hand, yes, yes I have. Doubt mom and dad would go for it, let alone pay for it though. I'm broke as hell too. Although, after this whole death-game business is over, they might change their tune. Or just tell me I'm over reacting. We'll see I guess."

"Aki, when do I not want to kill something?" Koga replied. Okay, at this point you're probably thinking Koga is a serial killer or something in the real world. I promise you, he isn't. he just ends up playing first person shooters instead. "Anyways, I'm guessing you're looking to tame a Wolf too. Thought about a name yet?" The man asked his sister.

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

She was glad that she mentioned them being in the middle of a snowy forest, because she could tell that he was going to lecture her once more about using his real name. Ha, beat you to it brother dearest. Of course, she was being kind, for once, and keeping that in her mind. "After this, they might demand that we both go. It does make you wonder how they are taking all of this in though doesn't it." Her mind did fall over to their parents. She knew that they had to be worried for them both, yes that included you as well Koga. But she was worried that Koga wasn't going to ever think that their parents loved him.

She just stared at him for a moment before she shrugged, "When around your owl you don't seem to want to go on a murder spree." She turned back to walk some more before she thought on the name for the wolf. He had been right about that, it shouldn't have been hard to figure out though at the same time. "I was thinking Akame. Seems like it would fit a wolf perfectly, don't you think?"

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 132296
LD: 8 >>No Materials Found<<

Obtained This Thread
-1 Spyglass 2/3
+650 Col
+4 T1 Materials

Tala said that they might both be sent to therapy, which only made Koga laugh. "If anything, they'll probably send you to therapy and me to an asylum." At least he'd been joking that time. "And let's be honest. It's mom and dad. They're probably still raising hell and trying to shout at whoever they can and suing everyone they can't. Not like them to let anything go, let alone something as big as this." Over the top and stubborn. Those two words did seem to describe the Kasai family fairly well now, didn't it?

When Tala made her comment about him not seeming to want to kill anything when he was around Noct he was about to protest. But as he thought about it more, Koga began to think his sister might've been right. "Ya know what. You got me there, sis. Savor this moment. It's not often your older brother admits that you were right, and he was wrong." In this case, he was more than happy to concede to her. On the other hadn though..."And hey, what'd I tell you. She has a name ya know."

"Akame," Koga repeated the name, feeling how it rolled off his tongue. "I like it. What's it mean?" he asked.

@Tala

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

She smirked at his joke, it was a joke thankfully, because he hopefully knew better. But then, if he was joking, that meant that he did know at least. "This is very true. I just also hope they aren't causing too many issues. I think that's the last thing we really need to deal with when we get out of here." She shuddered at the thought of any kind of drama that the siblings were going to have to deal with the moment that they left the game because of their parents. That was not a pleasant thought at all.

She wanted to stick her tongue out at her brother again, but she learned from the last time. Instead, she just grinned a wide grin, "See Masa, you aren't always a ball of murder." But then came the chastising for not calling the owl by her name. Tala rolled her eyes, "Yes, she has a name, but ya know I don't like to call them by their names until I know they aren't going to hurt you." Her own way of not wanting to get attached on accident.

"It means 'Red Eye'. I thought it would be fitting to the family, even if the wolf doesn't end up having red eyes." Her answer was thoughtful on it at least, so that was good.

@Koga

Spoiler

ID: 132344
LD: 15 >>Material Found<<

Obtained This Thread
-1 Spyglass 2/3
+650 Col
+5 T1 Materials

"When are our parents not causing issues?" Koga asked his sister. "They've got something to say about everything, you know that." And no matter what it was that they said, they were always right. That's just how it went. It really made making a reasonable debate turn into a shouting match with them. Another reason Kga was not on good terms with their parents. They didn't know how to listen to anyone but themselves.

"Tala, I only got hurt once. Literally every other time has been a mutual thing. It can't hurt you to at least try to call her by her name, can it?" Koga had an eye roll ready for whatever sarcastic response his sister was about to throw at him. It was coming, he could feel it in his bones.

"A little on the nose there, ain't it?" Koga said with a laugh, "I like it. Hopefully the Wolf doesn't have a bite as bad as ours though...or maybe that's a good thing...I don't even know anymore."

@Tala

Edited by Koga