[F01 - OP] CARNIVAL!!!

Yukiro walked out into the dead center of the Town of Beginnings. Two tall wooden posts had already been set up there, ready for the massive banner in his inventory to be hung on them. 
Why was he doing this again? Honestly, he had no idea. It was almost entirely against his nature. But that didn't matter right now. 

Pulling the cloth out of his inventory he set to work nailing the thing to the posts. It took a while because he was setting it so high and the banner was so heavy, but once he was done he felt he could be proud of what was now there. All that was needed now was some people. 

The banner read in big, bold letters;

WELCOME TO THE CARNIVAL! COME JOIN US TO CELEBRATE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
FOR TODAY JUST RELAX, PARTY, HAVE A GOOD TIME! MEET NEW PEOPLE OR JUST NAP!

IF YOU'RE FEELING AMBITIOUS BRING FOOD, FRIENDS, OR ANYTHING YOU WANT! 
ONCE AGAIN, WELCOME TO CARNIVAL!

Covered in dirt and grass, Skeleton walked back into town. His stomach crying out in desperation for something to eat had him bring an arm to grasp his stomach as if to smother it's cries. 

"Okay, okay, I hear you. I'm looking for food. Bound to be an infinitely more entertaining than crawling through grass for herbs..." Skeleton said, talking as if bargaining with his stomach.

The sound of hammering drew his attention as he approached town square. He noticed someone nailing up a banner atop two parted posts.

"I noticed food, and I'm already sold. I can't bring any but I will happily eat." he drooled.

He began to approach the white haired banner raiser who looked as if he was taking a moment to ensure the banner was legible and sturdily set.

"Excuse me, could I ask for more information about the carnival? I'm curious about participating." called Skeleton.

Em had been inside of the tower of beginnings for a little while now trying to find something to do. She suddenly saw a huge sign on the notifications list of her Menu and decided to go and check it out. She was glad she did when she saw all of the fancy lights and twirled around happily making her blue skirt flow happily around her. "Who ever came up with this is a genius I've never been to carnival before!!!" She chirped hyperly and ran to the booth to pay for a ticket for herself.

It turns out she wasn't the only one who had seen the ad for the carnival as many people began to form a line behind her. "Excuse me sir how much is a ticket to enter?" She asked curiously. "It's actually free miss enjoy your time at the carnival!" The Npc behind the booth replied happily. "Thank you!" She said happily and walked into the carnival and had very curious eyes but when she saw all of the people there, she began to get nervous. "What'll I do?!" She thought to herself as she looked around to see if she could partner up with anyone.

Randal just got back from killing a whole bunch of baby boars and after a Long days of hard work he would have to return to the smithy that tasked him to do so and finish his quest. Before he could get very far, music and an overall exciting atmosphere was seen inside the town of beginners.

After a few moments walking into town, he noticed a banner that read:

37 minutes ago, Yukiro said:

Entering, he noted three distinguishable characters amidst the sea of awfully generic looking people. 

Feeling ambitious bring food? Randal was a newly made Chef, so he brought out some pre-made meals and approached some of them offering something to eat and good company.

”Hi, would you like to try some food?” He proffered to those three people.

@Emily Snow @Skeleton @Yukiro

"S.sure if that's ok, I don't mind trying anything" em replied nervously. Trying food was a good place to start with interacting socially she supposed after all there is no way that she can stay this nervous of people forever. "My names emily by the way what's yours?" She asked curiously to the chief. "Sorry I should have asked first but is the place open yet or is it come kind of illusion I'm sorry if that sounded rude." She replied in a small voice and took a deep breath calming herself down.

"This really is an amazing place though whoever came up with the idea is a genius!" She replied happily as the calming process seemed to have worked and em was back being her usual hyper and happy self. "What do you guys do usually?" She asked curiously as the group seemed really nice at least to her anyway.

Wow, Yukiro. What's all this about?

NIGHT sauntered up to the banner, watching the knight hammer away at the display. She folded her arms, curious. "Is this your work?" She hollered up to him, almost impressed. "Curious. One moment you're off hunting, the next you're setting up a party."

"I hope I'll see you enjoying the festivities yourself, martyr," she jested, with a smile, any hostilities dripping unconsciously, before stepping under the notice, crossing the barrier between responsibilities and festivities.

Looks like a handful of other players were already about. NIGHT spotted Randal, bringing out some food for the others to try. With a smirk, she snatched up a small chunk of the meal, feeling smug as she gulped it down. "Thanks, bud," she grinned, looking at the other two players. <Skeleton>... and <Emily Snow>? Newbies, she'd bet, with starter equipment like hers, but she could be wrong. With a wave, she offered a curt greeting. "Adventurers, you two? Any stories to tell, or are y'all too fresh to the game?"

"Me and yukiro were just in an adventure together were taking a break from the item picking for now though I didn't know yukiro was the mastermind behind this carnival and until you all showed up!" Em replied happily as she waved to the knight that was helping her with her mission. "By the way, what's your name miss? Also I'm sorry I don't have any good stories to tell unless you wanna hear how I was a nervous wreck in the town of beginnings." She replied nervously as she watched these new people curiously.

"By the way can I try the cooking? I promise I'll be a fair and impartial judge if you let me!" She asked hyperly. Food was sounding great right about now as her tummy growled hungrily. "Note to self bring food with you next time but At least we can eat well tonight!" she thought happily as she thought about all the fun that was going to happen tonight. 

Damn, Yukiro. Guess you really do like helping out newbies, huh?

"It's NIGHT," she claimed, extending a gloved hand for a shake, adding a confident smile to boot. "That's nice to hear. I hope he's been treating you well?" She took a glance at the man hammering away at the banner still, before turning back to her conversationalist. "And it's nice to meet you. Should I call you Emily or Snow?" the player asked as she tilted her head. "It's alright to be nervous when you're starting out, I think. You'll get used to it, I'm sure."

Facing Randal, she mentioned, "The food's alright. I take it you cooked a lot in real life too?" In the midst of her chatter, she took a meal off of the man and passed it to Emily. "Here, take one. Best he gets feedback on them A-SAP." The woman shot her friend a knowing but mischievous smile, in case she got on his bad side for being so frivolous about his food.

Randal’s food quickly became highly sought after because as much fun as the carnival seemed to be, nobody seemed to have brought their own food.

As he met up with Emily the girl and Skeleton, a dirt covered individual who smelled very strongly like Randal’s first quest as a beginner, he learned that this carnival was hosted by a one, Yukiro. Presumable the last noticeable guy that Randal spotted.

Having exchanged some small talk, Randal felt a pet on the shoulder and noticed that Night had approached them.

1 hour ago, NIGHT said:

The food's alright. I take it you cooked a lot in real life too?

“Hmm, not really but I was a good Nutritionist so I’m just trying to replicate, the system takes care of the rest.”

2 hours ago, Emily Snow said:

By the way can I try the cooking?

1 hour ago, NIGHT said:

Night took a meal off of the man and passed it to Emily

Watching this whole exchange go down, Randal smiles nervously, he hoped that they enjoyed eating healthy because the dish he brought out was a personal favourite, boiled broccoli with cheese and cream sauce...he didn’t actually have any of those ingredients exactly but he had made a pretty good replication.

Randal realised that they still didn’t know who he was, so he quickly explained his name and the last quest he was on, killing some boars, not shy to share the fact that he wasn’t having an easy time.

1 hour ago, NIGHT said:

Best he gets feedback on them A-SAP." The woman shot her friend a knowing but mischievous smile, in case she got on his bad side for being so frivolous about his food.

Randal felt excited for his food to be eaten, it was a chef’s privilege to have his food enjoyed..at least that’s what Randal had heard from an anime once.

With a cute and slow extension of his arm, he tried to pet Night’s Familiar.

Yukiro was finally done hammering the giant banner into the wooden posts. Wow, that was a workout and a half. He might have to make this a regular thing; he'd get ripped. 
It didn't take much more than a glance for him to realize that the local NPCs had decided that this was going to be some kind of event. They had gathered en masse, some making booths for food or vanity items, some just wandering around and filling space. 
Cool. He honestly hadn't though anything would come. Maybe this would actually turn into an event. 

"Excuse me, could I ask for more information about the carnival? I'm curious about participating." 
A player Yukiro didn't know had shown up. Why was he-- Ah, right! Yukiro was running this whole thing. 
"Well, as far as the carnival goes... Hm... There really aren't any rules. Just jump in and enjoy yourself. Make a booth like the NPCs if you want. Maybe wander around, meet new people. Or if you wanna feel particularly bored you can hang around me," he told the guy with a grin. He really hadn't thought it through well enough to give a better answer. 
That's when another voice called him.

"Is this your work? Curious. One moment you're off hunting, the next you're setting up a party."
Yukiro turned towards NIGHT. "Yeah, though I really only planned on the banner." 
"I hope I'll see you enjoying the festivities yourself, martyr," 
"We'll see. I'm just hoping this can become really big." 
And with that NIGHT popped off to another group of players. Ah, Emily was among them. Maybe lots of players would show up. And now that he looked more closely...
"It looks like one of those guys has some food," Yukiro pointed out to the player next to him, "If you wanna bite to eat then maybe give his cooking a shot." He turned to face the player more fully. "I'm Yukiro, by the way. If you ever need help of any kind, feel free to give me a shout."

@Skeleton @Emily Snow @Randal @NIGHT

"Well, as far as the carnival goes... Hm... There really aren't any rules. Just jump in and enjoy yourself. Make a booth like the NPCs if you want. Maybe wander around, meet new people. Or if you wanna feel particularly bored you can hang around me," 

It took a second for Skeleton to realise it was actually a player, not an NPC.

"Oh, so it's almost entirely a social thing. Thanks for the info." skeleton replied.

Only as he said it, he realised that carnivals do tend to be solely for social experiences. Trying to slink away without being caught in any further conversations where he'd say something dumb at the drop of a hat, Skeleton heard a new voice call out.

”Hi, would you like to try some food?” 

It took him by surprise. Thankfully he turned towards source without skipping a beat. He found someone approaching him, plates in hand and offering him food. It looked like broccoli was a kind of cheese sauce. Skeleton noticed a few others had approached the food bringer and sign setter, but the calls of his stomach were more interested in the food placed before him. 

"It looks like one of those guys has some food,"

"If you wanna bite to eat then maybe give his cooking a shot." 

"I'm Yukiro, by the way. If you ever need help of any kind, feel free to give me a shout."

Yukiro's introduction snapped Skeleton back to reality. He was right in thinking it was an actual player.

"Oh, you can cook in this game?!" said Skeleton leaning in towards the plate.

"My name's Ae- I mean Skeleton." he said giving Yukiro a slight bow in his direction. "Thanks for organising the event."

Turning back to the man with food, Skeleton set his sights on a plate.

"If you don't mind, I'd love some, I forgot to eat today." pleaded Skeleton.

Edited by Skeleton
5 hours ago, Yukiro said:

"I'm Yukiro, by the way. If you ever need help of any kind, feel free to give me a shout."

Facing Yukiro directly, Randal flashed a mischievous smile and openly said, “Thanks Yukiro, my name is Randal and I’m just starting so I might be shouting your name a lot.”.

Hearing someone else speak to him, he turned.

4 hours ago, Skeleton said:

"If you don't mind, I'd love some, I forgot to eat today.

And responded with “oh yea sure please go ahead, you know you won’t die from not eating, but you would literally pass out if you didn’t?” Randal spouted, he definitely did not learn this the hard way but had heard about it from the guide.

Anyway, not wanting anyone to really look too deep into his statement, Randal asked Yukiro while looking around at the Carnival, “So what’s there to do here? Do we come up with games of our own? I need to get some materials for my shop...”. Randal’s voice trailed on...

"So what should we do? I've never been to a carnival before so I'm sure how all of this works?" Em replied nervously as she realised that she had been out of it for a while. "By the way, what made you come up with this idea yukiro? Was it just a random thought or somthing you always wanted to do?"  She asked while continuing to look around at all of the people that were here. "Do you want to try some of the food?" She heard someone say turned towards the person. "Sure! I'll definitely try some!" She replied happily as was getting super excited for what the day was going to bring all of these players coming into one place.

"By the way, if there's any way I can help let me know ok? I'll do my best to make this is an amazing night for everyone!" She said offering some help if it was needed.

Edited by Emily Snow