[SP-F11] It's Grinding Time <<Nature's Treasure>>

Vigilon was in dire need of col, materials, and experience. "There's gotta be something...but what? What quest would there be that can offer all of that?" He thought out loud. His friend, Shuliik, placed another glass of root beer in front of Vigilon. "Come on, Red Eyes, what isn't around that offers all of that?" He asked him. Vigilon lifted his head to make eye contact with Shuliik. "Allen...what offers all that within my level of expertise? It's either too high or too low. I could punch a bat into next week, but I wouldn't get much from it. I'm not ready to take on creatures like The Phoenix, The Lord of the Seas, or some snake out of water...yet...at least, not alone, that is..." Kanari, another friend of Vigilon, finished up her tankard of what was clearly an alcoholic drink. "Alex, you gotta stop feeling all down in the dumps like this. There's supposed to be something for every level, you know! Come on, surely there's a way to start you up, to send you out with confidence...if not, you're always free to share a drink with me if you'd like." She noted. Vigilon looked over to her with a blank expression on his face. "We both know I prefer not to drink. I may be what might be old enough, but that doesn't mean I will." Was his response. He believed that about four years had passed, even though that totally wasn't the case. "But you are right about one thing...there is something out there, but I don't know what it is yet."

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  34
HP:  680
EN:  78(Base[68], Energist[10])

Damage: 14(Martial Arts Rank 5[+7], Veriost[+6])[Base DMG is 15 when using Sword Arts]

MIT: 18(Swift Endurance)

ACC: 1(Karri's Fang)

EVA: 1(Swift Endurance)

REC: 3(Swift Endurance[+2], Karri's Fang[+1])

Equipment:

[T1]Berserker Gloves(1 Taunt, 1 Bleed, 1 Paralyze)[Equipped]

[T2]Swift Endurance(1 Mitigation, 1 Evasion, 1 Recovery)[Equipped]

[T1]Karri's Fang(1 Recovery, 1 Accuracy, +1 LD)[Equipped]

Platinum Keyring(+3 LD when opening one chest in a thread, 5/5 charges remaining)

Teleport Crystal

Water Canister(+5*tier Out-of-Combat HP Regen[3/3 Charges remaining])

Skills:

Energist

Gatherer

Martial Arts Rank 5

Familiar Mastery: Fighter Rank 3

Meditation

Mods:

Ferocity(+1 base DMG when using Sword Arts)

Edited by Vigilon
  • 2 months later...

Kanari thought for a minute. "If there's nothing for you to do at your current level yet, why don't we make up a task? A nice bag of col says you can't beat my recent friend's record of monsters killed in the <<Queen's Garden>>! You want it? Slay thirty-one monsters, and the bet is yours!" She decided. Shuliik looked over to Kanari. "Queen's Garden? I know that it's a nice grinding spot, with wealthier mobs, and lots of materials, but isn't that a bit much for players on Alex's Level? The monsters there are pretty strong beasts." He noted. Kanari shrugged. "Well, the record was for players his level, 'cause Vixie was his level when she set the record. I think he can manage, assuming he can dish out that kind of damage." She explained.

Vigilon got up. "Hold my root beer." He said as he walked off, leaving the col he was supposed to pay on the counter. "Uh, alright, and good luck, I guess." Shuliik uttered.

Vigilon would ask an NPC for the location of the Queen's Garden. Turns out, it was known as that because there was a territorial bunch of antmen living there. The fact that it was named the Queen's Garden obviously meant they had a queen to lead them. Hopefully, he wouldn't have to put up with her on this trip.

After some time, Vigilon managed to reach the entrance to the Queen's Garden. While he had yet to see any antmen, he had a feeling he'd be seeing them soon. For now, he could take a look around and see if there were any materials laying about. He looked to his left, then to his right. "...Nothing." He muttered. The fact that not much was here, meant that someone else was already here. He walked around the area, wondering if there were any players in sight...so far, no one. Maybe he was just in the wrong area? He pulled the map up on his HUD. Nope, he was in the area that was marked. He walked up to a tree, a pretty large one that was at the center of the area, and all of a sudden,

Snap.

He looked up towards the sound as he would then see a player yelping as she fell down from the tree...right onto a surprised Vigilon. "Hyyaaaaagh!" "Whaaauuughffff!!"

Vigilon would open his eyes, and there was a player that had clearly landed onto him by accident. The two stared awkwardly at each other for a few seconds before making swift movements pushing themselves away from each other. "Um, hello." Vigilon uttered awkwardly. "Uhh, hey." The other player responded.

ID# 137018 LD: 5+1=6(Failed)

Vixie:

Spoiler

Vixie.thumb.png.fb287146542d28f3424cb75d5aa93be4.png

Edited by Vigilon

Awkward moment aside, in which they quickly realized their thoughts on said moment was mutual, it was time to move to normal conversation topics. "So...I'm Vigilon...nice to meet you, I guess." Vigilon said. The other player smiled. "I'm Vixie, nice to meet you too." She responded. "Here for materials, I'm guessing?" She asked. "Well," Vigilon began. "Kind of, mostly I'm here to train up against some monsters that are more on the wealthy side, so I've heard. Around my level, too." He admitted. "Ah, I see. Strategic training, hm? I like that. Heh, well, I kind of have a bit of a record for players that are level 34 that I'd set earlier, but I came back wondering if I could beat my own record before leveling up." Vixie remarked. "So, you're the one who set the record? Well, my friend told me about it, there's col on the line as to whether or not I beat your record." Vigilon revealed. Vixie's eyes lit up. "Well, that settles it then. We'll be temporary rivals on this trip." She declared. "Problem is, I haven't seen any of the antmen native to this area come out yet...Maybe it's still too early or something, or did someone clear them all out while we weren't here?" She asked. Some of the nearby soil where the landing happened suddenly crumbled, and two not-so happy antmen came up from it. "Oh, no, Cardinal was just waiting for us right here. I'll take one, you take the other?" Vigilon asked. "Sure. Besides, I'm sure more will show up later as we go." Vixie answered. She pulled a two handed spear out of her inventory, and was ready to face her enemy.

Vigilon looked over to the one he was left with. "Alright, let's do this thing." He rushed forward to strike the monster with All Might, but he misjudged the distance and missed. The antman, of however, was even less lucky. It advanced forward to attack, but tripped over a root and its spear flew out of its hand(or whatever appendage antmen had), getting stuck in the ground.

ID# 137020 BD: 4+1=5(miss), CD: 12(Recovered 3 Energy), MD: 1(Crit. Miss)

(OOC: 78-2+3=no change in energy level at end of turn)

Vigilon: HP 680/680EN 78/78 | 14 DMG[+1 when using SA] | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 Taunt | 3 REC | PAR | T1 BLD

Enemies:

Antman Spearman: HP 340/340, 102 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon waited for the right moment to attack, and he would rush over to the Antman as it was trying to pull out its spear from the ground. He would manage to strike it from behind, using the Sword Art known as All Might, sending the Antman flying a few feet, while also unintentionally getting the spear out of the ground. The Antman would rush over and manage to strike Vigilon back. The attack might not have been too dangerous, but he would need to be more careful if he was to face a whole bunch of these creatures. "Alright, so you can pack a bit of a punch...well, you're still outmatched, 'cause I can pack a bigger punch! Literally, all I did was punch you." He remarked with a smirk on his face. The combat had woken Veriost, who was already in flight, just in time to bring down cold from above. "Fo...Krah Diin!!!" The Antman clearly wasn't expecting to be pelted with frost breath, as it cried out in surprise, then looked to the small white frost dragon, waving its spear at her angrily.

ID# 137023 BD: 7+1=8(hit), CD: 3(Recovery doesn't activate), MD: 7-1=6(Hit)

All Might: 15x15=225

Vigilon: HP 596/680EN 64/78 | 14 DMG[+1 when using SA] | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 Taunt | 3 REC | PAR | T1 BLD

Enemies:

Antman Spearman: HP 115/340, 102 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon looked to the side, to see that Vixie was already dealing the final blow against her own opponent. Yeah, Vigilon was gonna have to pick up the pace. He ran towards his opponent, calling out, "Veriost, Dual Strike!" Before leaping to make his attack. The small white frost dragon heard Vigilon's command, and would dive down towards the Antman whilst using her frost breath to coat herself in ice shards. Both would strike the Antman simultaneously as the monster was trying to prepare what might have been a critical attack. The Antman's HP would deplete to zero before it could attack, and it shattered. The loot menu appeared in front of Vigilon, and wow, that was some good loot. "Ha ha, score!" A weapon and a set of light armor...he wondered what these could be. Something not very useful, or something epic? Only one way to find out, visit a merchant when this is over. "One down, thirty to go." He muttered.

ID# 137024 BD: 8+1=9(Hit), CD: 3(recovery doesn't activate), MD: 10(Critical!! +2 DMG)

Acupuncture: 15x9=120

ID# 137033 CD: 4, LD: 20+1=21(2720 Col, <<Unidentified T2 Light Armor>>, <<Unidentified T2 Handwraps>>, and 1 T2 Mat)

Enemies killed: 1/31

Vigilon: HP 596/680EN 64/78 | 14 DMG[+1 when using SA] | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 Taunt | 3 REC | PAR | T1 BLD

Enemies:

Antman Spearman: HP 0/340, 102 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

Vigilon thought that it would be best if he gave himself some time to regenerate before attacking one of the several antmen that were already coming out of their hiding places around the area. He didn't seem to be in their aggro-range, so he would be fine here. He took out his water canister, and drank some of it, increasing his HP regeneration. "Guess I can look around for materials while I'm waiting to be ready for combat." He thought aloud. Vixie would run up to him. "Hey, nice teamwork with your familiar there. Honestly, it's not every day you see a small dragon traveling with someone. Usually, it's a common small animal." She remarked. "Me? I just went with my preference. Hey, Kitsu, over here!"

A red fox came out of its hiding place in the underbrush, and ran over to the two players. It would come over to Vigilon, sniffing him for a moment. Then it looked to Vixie, a playful expression on its face. Vixie giggled. "I'm sure there will be time to play later, Kitsu. Don't worry." She told her familiar. "She's a fighter, like yours, but rather than being open, she likes to surprise her opponents at every turn. She's also a very playful, and will even hide in various places, waiting for someone to pass by so she can play-bite their leg. I don't know if animals can have ADHD in the real world, but I think this little one has it!" She explained to Vigilon as she picked Kitsu up. It was at this moment that he actually noticed the vanity effects of Vixie's gear, as he spotted the ears and tail of a fox on Vixie as well. Interesting. Maybe she liked foxes?

-Water canister's charges deplete to 2/3.

-Vigilon's Out of Combat HP regeneration increased to 30 for the remainder of thread.

Vigilon looked around him to see if there were any materials around. Nope, no luck. "I'm starting to think the antmen weren't the only things cleared out, if that was the case. I haven't found a single material I can use, save for the loot I got from the antman I just killed." He thought aloud. "Anyway, I prefer dragons myself, but hey, everyone's different. Veriost here is a fighter, yes, and I know that she has a little personality. She usually tries to get a first impression of others before interacting with them. I've learned the hard way that she can get pretty agitated easily if someone she doesn't know and has never met suddenly tries to interact with her." He explained to Vixie. He looked to his familiar. "I'm sure we can agree that you need some extra behavior lessons, primarily for social gatherings, right, Veriost?" He asked. The small white frost dragon would land on Vigilon's shoulder, and give him a look in response

ID# 137034 LD: 8+1=9(Failed)

Edited by Vigilon

Vixie chuckled at seeing Veriost's response. "I bet she's real fun at parties." She said with a wink. Vigilon sighed. "You're telling me..." He muttered. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but it seems to me that you really like foxes. Is that true? I mean, you do seem to have a fox familiar, as well as having gear with vanity effects, like having the ears and tail of a fox yourself. Kind of came across that way for me." He asked. Vixie would simply smile. "Oh, I don't mind at all, I do in fact like foxes. I even got myself gear like this, you know, to look like a Kitsune!" She gleefully explained. So, this was it, then. "Well then...guess we should see if there's any more antmen headed our way. After all, they're kind of aggressive around here..." She suggested. "Yeah, that sounds good right now. It's not like I have all day." Vigilon agreed.

ID# 137153 CD: 9(+2 Mats), LD: 15+1=16(2 mats found)

Total Mats found: 4

Edited by Vigilon

Two antmen would spot Vigilon and Vixie, then begin advancing towards them. "Same as before?" Vigilon asked. "You get one, I get the other?" Vixie nodded her head in agreement. "Yeah, let's do that!" Vigilon would then rush for his opponent. He attempted to strike with the Sword Art known as All Might, but it seemed that he misjudged the distance yet again. The antman raised its spear, but it clearly didn't seem to be the cleverest fighter. It missed Vigilon by several inches. 

[STILL EDITING]

ID# 137315 BD: 4+1=5(miss), CD: 12(recovered 3 Energy), MD: 4-1=3(miss)

Vigilon: HP 676/680EN 78/78 | 14 DMG[+1 when using SA] | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 Taunt | 3 REC | PAR | T1 BLD

Enemies:

Antman Spearman: HP 340/340, 102 DMG

Edited by Vigilon

[editing]

ID# 137316 BD: 3+1=4(miss), CD: 8(recovered 3 energy), MD: 2-1=1(miss)

Vigilon: HP 676/680EN 78/78 | 14 DMG[+1 when using SA] | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 Taunt | 3 REC | PAR | T1 BLD

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

[editing]

ID# 137317 BD: 3+1=4(miss), CD: 11(Recovered 3 energy), MD: 10(Critical!! +2 DMG)

Vigilon: HP 590/680EN 78/78 | 14 DMG[+1 when using SA] | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 Taunt | 3 REC | PAR | T1 BLD

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

[editing]

ID# 137318 BD: 6+1=7(hit), CD: 8(recovered 3 energy), MD: 9(Critical! +1 DMG)

All Might: 15x15=225

Vigilon: HP 505/680EN 67/78 | 14 DMG[+1 when using SA] | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 Taunt | 3 REC | PAR | T1 BLD

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

[editing]

ID# 137319 BD: 2+1=3(Miss), CD: 12(Recovered 3 energy), MD: 7-1=6(Hit) (Why the heck am I not crafting with these rolls instead of doing this crap here? I got like, what could have been 3 perfects if I was crafting!)

Vigilon: HP 421/680EN 67/78 | 14 DMG[+1 when using SA] | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 Taunt | 3 REC | PAR | T1 BLD

Enemies:

Edited by Vigilon

[editing]

ID# 137320 BD: 8+1=9(Hit), CD: 5(recovered no Energy), MD: 6-1=5(miss)

Acupuncture: 15x9=120

ID# 137321 CD: 3, LD: 11+1=12(5 T2 Mats, 1360 Col, and <<Unidentified Rare T2 Trinket>>)

Vigilon: HP 421/680EN 57/78 | 14 DMG[+1 when using SA] | 18 MIT | 1 ACC | 1 EVA | 1 Taunt | 3 REC | PAR | T1 BLD

Enemies:

Antman Spearman: HP 0/340, 102 DMG

Edited by Vigilon