-1 EN FOR THE FIRST TWO TURNS OF COMBAT
» RELAXED
      +10 TO OUT OF COMBAT HP REGENERATION
      FULL ENERGY REGENERATION AFTER TWO POSTS OUT OF COMBAT

SKILLS

COMBAT SKILLS
» PARRY

POST ACTION
      REDUCE FINAL DAMAGE OF NEXT ATTACK AGAINST YOU BY 50% (ROUNDED DOWN) AND NEGATES STUN/PARALYSIS EFFECT OF THAT ATTACK
           COOLDOWN: 2 TURNS

EXTRA SKILLS
» DISGUISE

FREE ACTION
      +1 EVA UNTIL START OF YOUR NEXT TURN
           COOLDOWN: 3 TURNS
» 
MEDITATION

POST ACTION
      RECOVER AN ADDITIONAL 10 ENERGY - GETTING HIT BY AN ATTACK BEFORE YOUR NEXT TURN REDUCES ADDITIONAL ENERGY RECOVERY TO 6

WEAPON SKILLS
» TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD R5

+7 DMG WHEN TWO-HANDED WEAPON IS EQUIPPED

ARMOR SKILLS
» LIGHT ARMOR R5

+25 MIT

MODS
» LIGHT ARMOR MOD: ATHLETICS

PASSIVE
      +1 DMG WHEN WEARING LIGHT ARMOR
      +20 HP WHEN WEARING LIGHT ARMOR
»
 PARRY MOD: JUSTIFIED RIPOSTE

POST ACTION: COMBINE WITH PARRY
      SUCCESSFUL PARRY STUNS OPPONENT
»
 WEAPON MOD: PRECISION

PASSIVE
      +1 ACC
»
 WEAPON MOD: TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD FEROCITY

PASSIVE
      +1 DMG WHEN USING 2HSS SWORD ARTS

EQUIPMENT

WEAPON
» [EQUIPPED] "DRACBANE" - TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD (T2 - PERFECT)
     ➥ +1 ACC
     ➥ BLEED 1

24 DMG INFLICTED FOR 2 TURNS ON NATURAL ROLLS OF 9 OR HIGHER
     ➥ VAMPIRIC OFFENSE 1
           10% OF MAX HP RECOVERED ON NATURAL ROLLS OF 9 OR HIGHER

ARMOR
» [EQUIPPED] "CRIMSON COAT" - LIGHT ARMOR (T2 - PERFECT)
      +36 MIT
      +1 EVA

TRINKET
» [EQUIPPED] "EAGLE'S EYE" - TRINKET (T2 - DEMONIC)
      +2 EVA
      +2 ACC

FAMILIAR
» [EQUIPPED] SWINE BAJESUS R3
     ➥ +6 DMG

Another message from Ali. It had been quite some time. What did the mysterious dodger want this time?

To: Bahr

Meet me at the Angel's Share on the thirteenth floor. I need to speak with you.

- Ali

When Bahr arrived, Ali was already drunk. Typical. His brother sat beside them, and accompanying the party was a beautiful redhead that Bahr had not yet had the pleasure of meeting. "Slander!" was all Bahr heard as he approached the table, witnessing Ali gracelessly pound his half-emptied mug against the tabletop. The woman that sat with them seemed embarrassed. 

"Bahr!" he bellowed, swiveling his body to face the Crimson Marauder. "Can I rely on your skills once more? Can you and Morgiana go deal with those who spread lies about us?"

The redhead shifted uncomfortably in her seat, only glancing at Bahr out of the corner of her eye.

"Uhh, sure thing, Ali. You're Morgiana, I presume?" he inquired, giving the woman an upward tilt of his jaw. 

"Yeah, that's me. Let's just get this over with," she sighed as she stood, beginning to walk out of the Bahr. Without another word, Bahr turned to follow her.

Bahr followed along behind Morgiana in silence, not exactly sure what to say. Who exactly was she? What was her relation to Ali? And why had she been tasked with fighting the thieves instead of them doing it themselves? Probably because they were too hosed, Bahr wagered. But did that mean that Morgiana was an NPC, or another actual player? Bahr couldn't tell.

"They told me a bit about you, you know," she said without looking back, finally breaking the silence. Seemed like scripted dialogue. What reason did Ali have to talk about Bahr out of all of the people that had surely taken his quest? "They said you've been honest and virtuous the whole time they've known you. I don't have any reason not to believe them, which means I don't have any reason not to trust you. You should be careful not to mess that up."

Weird, but okay.

"Uhhh, right, sure," was all Bahr managed as response. It wasn't that he hadn't been tempted to  betray Ali's trust in the past, especially since he suspected Ali hadn't been fully honest with him during their encounters. He just... hadn't. Toeing the fine like between being honest and being a lying sack of crap, Bahr had managed to take the high road thus far. It seemed that it was finally starting to pay off.

"Up ahead," she said with a tone a bit more stern, motioning toward a collection of rocks not far ahead. Was it supposed to be an ambush, and she had simply sleuthed it out already? Bahr would be lying if he said he wasn't impressed. Then again, if she was an NPC, of course she would know.

Bahr unsheathed his blade and assumed a more wary stance as they moved forward, but Morgiana seemed unwavering. Did she not feel at all threatened by what was to come? Her gear didn't look particularly impressive, so Bahr figured he would take point when the time came. So when the thieves popped out exactly as she had predicted, Bahr instantly shot forward and tore into the lot with his blade, scoring decent hits against all four.

But Morgiana wasn't far behind, leaping into the group as they recoiled from Bahr's strike and planting her hands on the ground, spinning her feet wildly and catching them all a second time. As she did, something peculiar happened. A flicker from the braces cupping her wrists turned into a full-fledged inferno, following the motions of her feet and setting the lot ablaze. She used one of these same bracers to catch the blade of one of the thieves as it attempted a weak counterassault, deflecting the attack with ease.

"Quit trying to steal the show. I can hold my own."

Spoiler

Encounter: Elder Thief 1
HP: 400
DMG: 15 (20 on BD9, 25 on BD10)
MIT: 36
ACC: 3
Savvy: 1
Bleed 2
Infinite - 5x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 1-3]
Tri Pierce - 3x1*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 4-8]
Cross Edge - 2x4*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 1-5]
Armor Pierce - 1x1*(Basic Damage) & Stun / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 6-10]
Shadow Stitch - 3x2*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 11-12]

Encounter: Elder Thief 2
Bleed 2
Cross Edge - 2x4*(Basic Damage) / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 1-5]
Armor Pierce - 1x1*(Basic Damage) & Stun / [On a successful hit, CD roll 9-10, MD roll 6-10]

Encounter: Elder Thief 3
Bleed 2

Encounter: Elder Thief 4
Bleed 2

Spoiler

[H: 1/1/1/1] Bahr: HP: 980/980 | EN: 96-19=77/96 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | VAMPIRIC OFFENSE 1 | BLEED 1
[H: 1/1/2/2] Morgiana: HP: 645-10=635/645 | DMG: 30/33/35 | MIT: 65 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | BURN 2 | FLAME AURA 2

Bahr used [x12 AoE] Calamity Disaster-12 EN
Against Elder Thief 1: ID: 131175 | BD: 5+4=9, Hit for 16x12=192-36=156 DMG | -2 EN
Against Elder Thief 2: ID: 131176 | BD: 8, Hit for 16x12=192-36=156 DMG | -2 EN
Against Elder Thief 3: ID: 131177 | BD: 8, Hit for 16x12=192-36=156 DMG | -2 EN
Against Elder Thief 4: ID: 131178 | BD: 2+4=6, Hit for 16x12=192-36=156 DMG | -2 EN
-19 ENERGY TOTAL
 ("RESTED" HOUSE BUFF REDUCES ENERGY COST BY 1)

Morgiana used [x4 AoE] Tornado Kick (ID: 131179 | BD8 | CD6 = Tornado Kick AoE proc)
Against Elder Thief 1: ID: 131179 | BD: 8, Hit for 30x4=120-36=84 DMG | BURN INFLICTED | BURN INFLICTS 24 DMG
Against Elder Thief 2: ID: 131180 | BD: 8, Hit for 30x4=120-36=84 DMG | BURN INFLICTED | BURN INFLICTS 24 DMG
Against Elder Thief 3: ID: 131181 | BD: 9, Crit for 33x4=132-36=96 DMG | BURN INFLICTED | BURN INFLICTS 24 DMG
Against Elder Thief 4: ID: 131182 | BD: 10, Crit for 35x4=140-36=104 DMG | BURN INFLICTED | BURN INFLICTS 24 DMG

Elder Thief 1: HP: 400-156-84-24=136/400 | DMG: 15/20/25 | MIT: 36 | ACC: 3 | SAVVY 1 | BLEED 2 | ID: 131184 | Target: Bahr | BD: 2, Miss
Elder Thief 2: HP: 400-156-84-24=136/400 | DMG: 15/20/25 | MIT: 36 | ACC: 3 | SAVVY 1 | BLEED 2 | ID: 131185 | Target: Bahr | BD: 6-4=2, Miss
Elder Thief 3: HP: 400-156-96-24=124/400 | DMG: 15/20/25 | MIT: 36 | ACC: 3 | SAVVY 1 | BLEED 2 | ID: 131186 | Target: Morgiana | BD: 3, Miss
Elder Thief 4: HP: 400-156-104-24=116/400 | DMG: 15/20/25 | MIT: 36 | ACC: 3 | SAVVY 1 | BLEED 2 | ID: 131187 | Target: Morgiana | BD: 7 | CD: 3, Hit for 15x5=75-65=10 DMG

Maybe that was why Ali had sent her along with him. Bahr felt fairly confident that he could beat these losers solo, but Morgiana certainly wasn't the pushover that her gear made her out to be. That being said, Bahr wasn't "stealing the show." It was his show.

He made another break for the pack, imbuing his sword with crimson energy before slicing into the lot a second time. The rapid succession of attacks proved to be too much for the mobs to handle, and one by one they all burst into clouds of azure confetti right before their eyes. Bahr sheathed his sword and turned to Morgiana, giving her a smirk and a nod.

"You handle yourself pretty well. And the fire was a surprise. Looks like you've got some special gear, eh?" His eyes traced to the bracers on her wrists, but she hid them behind her back. When he looked back up, he saw an expression as cold and deadpan as a mother who just caught her son's hand in the cookie jar.

Spoiler

[H: 2/3/2/2Bahr: HP: 980/980 | EN: 77+1-19=59/96 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | VAMPIRIC OFFENSE 1 | BLEED 1
[H: 1/1/2/2Morgiana: HP: 645-10=635/645 | DMG: 30/33/35 | MIT: 65 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | BURN 2 | FLAME AURA 2

Bahr used [x12 AoE] Calamity Disaster-12 EN
Against Elder Thief 1: ID: 131188 | BD: 3+4=7, Hit for 16x12=192-36=156 DMG | -2 EN
Against Elder Thief 2: ID: 131189 | BD: 10, Crit for 18x12=216-36=180 DMG | -2 EN
Against Elder Thief 3: ID: 131190 | BD: 6, Hit for 16x12=192-36=156 DMG | -2 EN
Against Elder Thief 4: ID: 131191 | BD: 5+4=9, Hit for 16x12=192-36=156 DMG | -2 EN
-19 ENERGY TOTAL
 ("RESTED" HOUSE BUFF REDUCES ENERGY COST BY 1)

Elder Thief 1: HP: 136-156=0/400 | Elder Thief 1 defeated
Elder Thief 2: HP: 136-180=0/400 | Elder Thief 2 defeated
Elder Thief 3: HP: 124-156=0/400 | Elder Thief 3 defeated
Elder Thief 4: HP: 116-156=0/400 | Elder Thief 4 defetaed

"... What? What is it?" he inquired with a blink, perplexity stretching across his visage. "Did I do something wrong?"

"You're too cocky," she huffed, folding her arms and looking away. "There's no form to your fighting style at all. It's like you just charge in and hope for the best."

She wasn't exactly wrong, but it was a technique that had worked out well for him thus far.

"Well, yeah, sure, but the thieves are dead, right? They barely even put up a fight, between the two of us. You don't honestly think they could have gotten the best of us, do you?" came the unimpressed reply, irritation lingering in the undertone.

"Who knows? Maybe they would have paralyzed you. Or poisoned you. Then it would have just been me against them. Could I have taken them alone? Probably. But then I would be running the same risks that had put you in that very predicament. It was stupid."

Spoiler

ID: 131192
LD: 10
Failed to find Treasure Cave.

Now she was starting to piss him off.

"Yeah, but that isn't what happened," he snapped back, furrowing his brows. "We could stand here postulating about what-ifs all day, but the reality of the situation is that we kicked their asses without breaking a sweat. The idea that I should feel bad about utterly destroying those goons is preposterous. Stupid? Don't make me laugh."

"Is that how you've been going about your time here? Just throwing yourself into dangerous situations, hoping for the best and then patting yourself on the back when it miraculously works out? I bet you've come close to death before. Multiple times, probably. What would have happened if, instead of pulling through, you'd gone over the edge? Aren't there people depending on you?"

The words struck a chord in Bahr like a shark tooth snapping a string in half. She wasn't exactly wrong, but the audacity for her to say something like that to someone she barely knew. It had Bahr seething.

Spoiler

ID: 131193
LD: 16

As the pair resumed walking, heading to god knows where, Bahr opened a messaging prompt. He felt like he had to air this out somewhere.

To: Lessa

I can't believe the nerve of this chick I'm partied with. One combat together and she thinks she knows me, digging into my personal life and calling me an idiot for the way I fight. She's driving me up a wall. She may as well have said I was going to get myself killed one day.

And the thing is, we won! Like, super easily! There wasn't a glimmer of danger in the entire scenario. But still she feels the need to sit here and chide me for having the gall to actually attack first. I've got half a mind to chew her out, but what difference would it make?

I'd much rather be hanging out with you.

- Bahr

He almost sent it. He was this close. But he decided against it at the last minute. It probably wouldn't set a good impression if he just started sending her messages out of the blue talking [censored] about other people and bitching constantly. Besides, putting the words somewhere had helped him process it a bit. He filed it away under the archives tab and dismissed the window, navigating to his inventory panel instead.

Spoiler

ID: 131194
LD: 16

It was a simple swap - his trinket for the Gloves of Caerus. He wasn't exactly sure what they were looking for, but some extra luck couldn't hurt. He just hoped that he would have the time to swap back to the trinket if a need for combat should arise. 

"Where are we headed, anyways?" he inquired gruffly, tone still sour from their earlier discussion. 

"We're going to search for the cave. I've heard Ali talk about it before, but he's so hush-hush about it that even I don't know the location. Given how much stronger those thieves were in comparison to the others I've fought, I'm assuming it's close," she said plainly, still not turning back to look at Bahr. "And drop the attitude. How you're feeling is on you. Don't project it onto me."

He was really starting to hate her.

"Don't talk [censored] about me, and maybe I won't. I'm not talking [censored] about you."

EAGLE'S EYE REMOVED (+2 ACC | +2 EVA)
GLOVES OF CAERUS EQUIPPED (+3 LD)

Spoiler

Bahr: HP: 980/980 | EN: 96/96 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | LD: 3 | VAMPIRIC OFFENSE 1 | BLEED 1

"Stop doing stupid things, and I just might." 

"Alright, that's it. I've had it with you," he spat, his pace picking up as he walked in front of her and stopped, forcing her to stop as well. "I didn't need you to be with me today. I didn't ask for you to be with me today. The only reason you're here is because Ali stuck me with you. If this is how you're going to be, do us both a favor and [censored] off. Go right on back to that stupid bar and wait with the others. If you don't want to do that, then shut up. And if you don't do that and don't shut up, I'll [censored] make you. I'm not afraid to hit a girl, especially not one so capable as yourself. Keep pushing my buttons and you'll end up eating your teeth."

"Hah, I'd love to see you try!"

Now she was taunting him. But there was a glimmer of something else in her eye. A peculiar sense of admiration, perhaps?

"Bullcrap. You did a fraction of the damage I did to those thieves. I could tear you down in five hits, tops."

Spoiler

ID: 131195
LD: 3+3=6

"Look," she said plainly, pointing behind Bahr. But he wasn't falling for her rouse.

"No, don't change the subject. Are you going to stop chiding me or what!?"

"No, seriously, look. It's right there."

With a groan, he craned his head and looked around, eyes locking on to a cavity in one of the stony walls. Immediately, Bahr grabbed Morgiana's arm and pulled her with him to behind a nearby rock to take cover. The cave wasn't open and ready for the taking - it seemed that there was a mob guarding the way. A gigantic scorpion that looked far more impressive than the goons they had dispatched earlier.

"And of course, I just switched to my gloves. I'll need a moment to get situated before we take on the mob. Let me get my trinket put back on and we'll go in together." He kept his voice low as not to draw attention while he swiped a finger downward, opening his menu and navigating to the inventory panel.

Spoiler

ID: 131197
LD: 16+3=19
Treasure Cave found!

After a few taps, he was all set. He dismissed the windows and looked to Morgiana, who had waited patiently thus far while keeping an eye on the mob. 

"Since you're so big on doing things carefully, what did you have in mind for this mob?" he asked sarcastically, not expecting a serious response.

"You head out first and create a diversion. While the mob is distracted, I'll sneak up from behind and catch it with my fire. We'll then stay on opposite ends of the scorpion at all times so it can't hit us both at once, and if one of us is hit, the other will back off."

It wasn't a terrible plan, and Bahr was surprised that she had formulated one so quickly. But it had holes. Back off when the other of them was in danger? Didn't seem like a great strategy. He could have fought it, but he knew it wouldn't do them any good. She was too stubborn to budge. 

"Fine. On my count."

GLOVES OF CAERUS REMOVED (+3 LD)
EAGLE'S EYE EQUIPPED (+2 ACC | +2 EVA)

Spoiler

Bahr: HP: 980/980 | EN: 96/96 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | VAMPIRIC OFFENSE 1 | BLEED 1

"Let's roll."

Bahr dashed out from behind their cover and unsheathed his blade as he rushed toward the mob, the red shine in its eye signifying that its aggro had been drawn. As the scarlet light poured into Bahr's blade, he took evasive maneuvers to ensure he could hit his mark. A brisk sidestep to avoid the sharp tail that jammed into the sand, then a fluent weave around the pincer that tried to take him soon after. Having successfully closed the distance, Bahr's blade tore into the creature with ferocity, causing it to shriek in pain and hobble backward on its school of legs.

Morgiana had already made her way behind the creature, striking it with the same spinning kick attack that she had used on the thieves earlier. Unfortunately, her fire refused to spark, and the damage she dealt was minimal at best. 

But then the scorpion did something unexpected. It began spinning rapidly like a top, kicking up the sand around it into a small cyclone. It shot a stream of its venom into the whirling sand stream, which dug into Bahr and Morgiana's skin as the send chewed into them.

Spoiler

Encounter: Cave Guardian
HP: 735
DMG: 150
MIT: 65
EVA: 1
ENVENOM OFFENSE 2
ENVENOM DEFENSE 2
Tornado twist ( 175 AoE Damage) - On its starting post, the mob activated a AoE skill that auto-hits all the members of the player party that engages it in battle. The scorpion's body starts spinning around raising the sand in its vicinity. The Envenom status effect apply to all players hit by this mob's ability. This ability affects Morgiana as well. This ability activated once every two full rotations.

Spoiler

[H: 1] Bahr: HP: 980-114=866/980 | EN: 96-13=83/96 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | VAMPIRIC OFFENSE 1 | BLEED 1
[H: 1] Morgiana: HP: 645-110=535/645 | DMG: 30/33/35 | MIT: 65 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | BURN 2 | FLAME AURA 2

Bahr used [x13] Galaxy Destroyer-13 EN
Against Cave Guardian: ID: 131198 | BD: 3+4-1=6, Hit for 16x13=208-65=143 DMG 

Morgiana used [x4 AoE] Tornado Kick (ID: 131199 | BD7 | CD8 = Tornado Kick AoE proc)
Against Cave Guardian: ID: 131199 | BD: 7+2-1=8, Hit for 30x4=120-65=55 DMG 

Cave Guardian: HP: 735-143-55=537/735 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 65 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | ENVENOM OFF 2 | ENVENOM DEF 2 | ID: x | Target: Both | Auto-Hit AoE for 175 DMG
Against Bahr: 175-61=114 DMG | 
ENVENOM INFLICTED
Against Morgiana: 175-65=110 DMG | ENVENOM INFLICTED

It seemed that even the best of plans were bound to have their flaws. While Morgiana's intent had been to force the mob to choose who to attack, it seemed that it had had an ace in the whole the entire time. That just meant that it was time to kick it up a notch. When the sandstorm finally subsided, just leaped high into the air, front flipping several times to gain momentum before hammering her flame-coated ankle into the mob's back. It crumpled under the force of the assault, allowing Bahr enough time to swoop in with his own sword charged, delivering a harrowing strike directly to the creature's grotesque face.

It seemed that their combo had managed to stun the monster. Perfect. With how low its health had gotten, it wouldn't take them long at all to... wait, how had its health gotten so low? Had that been from Morgiana's attack?

Spoiler

[H: 2] Bahr: HP: 866-12=854/980 | EN: 83+1-13=71/96 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | VAMPIRIC OFFENSE 1 | BLEED 1
[H: 2] Morgiana: HP: 535-12=522/645 | DMG: 30/33/35 | MIT: 65 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | BURN 2 | FLAME AURA 2
ENVENOM INFLICTS 12 DMG AGAINST BAHR (TURN 1/4)
ENVENOM INFLICTS 12 DMG AGAINST MORGIANA (TURN 1/4)

Against Cave Guardian: ID: 131202 | BD: 8, Hit for 16x13=208-65=143 DMG 

Morgiana used [x4 AoE] Twisted Rod (ID: 131203 | BD8 | CD12 | LD8 = Twisted Rod)
Against Cave Guardian: ID: 131203 | BD: 8, Hit for 30x9=270-65=205 DMG | STUN INFLICTED | BURN INFLICTED | BURN INFLICTS 24 DMG

Cave Guardian: HP: 537-143-205-24=165/735 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 65 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | ENVENOM OFF 2 | ENVENOM DEF 2 | ID: STUNNED

There was no use spending too much time thinking about it now. Bahr had the perfect opportunity to strike, and he wasn't going to let it go to waste. He reared back his sword once more, pouring surging crimson energy into the blade which vibrated with anticipation in response. He plunged the tip of the sword forward into the creature, draining the remainder of its health bar as venomous juices spewed from the cavity Bahr had created. Along with these juices came the monster's life force, drawn out of its body and absorbed into Bahr's replenishing a portion of his health. Then, the mob exploded into multicolored shards.

"Looks like that's that," Bahr remarked as he sheathed his blade, turning to face Morgiana. They were both giving each other a peculiar look. The kind of look you would only give someone if you admired them, but were too proud to say anything about it.

Spoiler

[H: 3Bahr: HP: 854-12+98=940/980 | EN: 71+1-13=59/96 | DMG: 16 | MIT: 61 | ACC: 4 | EVA: 4 | VAMPIRIC OFFENSE 1 | BLEED 1
[H: 2Morgiana: HP: 522-12=510/645 | DMG: 30/33/35 | MIT: 65 | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 | BURN 2 | FLAME AURA 2
ENVENOM INFLICTS 12 DMG AGAINST BAHR (TURN 2/4)
ENVENOM INFLICTS 12 DMG AGAINST MORGIANA (TURN 2/4)

Against Cave Guardian: ID: 131204 | BD: 10, Crit for 18x13=234-65=169 DMG | VAMPIRIC OFFENSE HEALS 98 HP | ENVENOM REFRESHED

Cave Guardian: HP: 165-169=0/735 | DMG: 150 | MIT: 65 | ACC: 3 | EVA: 1 | ENVENOM OFF 2 | ENVENOM DEF 2 | ID: STUNNED

"I guess I was wrong," she finally admitted on an exhale, brushing away the strands of loose hair that had fallen over her face. "My plan didn't work. It had a way to attack both of us, anyways. In the end, I had to scrap the entire ploy and just go straight into attack mode."

Bahr grinned, but tried not to rub it in. "It was a good plan - we just had no way of knowing that that would happen. In the end, the important thing is that we came out on top. Convincingly, might I add." A beat of silence. "But yeah, in the heat of the moment, it's really easy to lose sight of plans like that. Things often go awry."

They continued to keep their eyes steady on one another for a moment, unsure what else to say. 

"Anyways, thanks for the help. I'm sure I would have been fine, but you really helped out. I didn't know you could dish out damage like that."

Another beat of silence. Things were awkward now. Bahr loathed the idea of them becoming close in any capacity. This was as tender as he'd allow the moment to get.

"Anyways, while I respect your ability, I still find you to be a bit of an asshole. I'm happy that the quest is over, and I sincerely hope we won't be working together in the future. Don't contact me."

As he turned to walk away, he heard faint clapping not far off. As the slow clapping grew in volume, he swiveled his head in the direction of the noise. It was none other than Ali. What was he doing here? And having come at such an opportune moment? Bahr could hardly believe it. What sort of set up was this?

He eyed the man warily as he approached, trying to make sense of it all. The quests leading up to this, the cloak and dagger, the lies, the sudden pairing with Morgiana. The further and further Bahr sunk into this rabbit hole, the stranger things got.

"Judging from the lack of thief presence on my way here, you guys did a fine job in defending my name. I'm proud to call you my friends," he said as the clapping stopped, looking between Bahr and Morgiana. They both took a glance at one another, and then looked away. He hated the fact that he had to spend even one more minute alongside her. "Even more, you managed to find the Cave of Wonders on your own."

This again drew forth more silence from Morgiana and Bahr as they stood awkwardly, trying not to look at one another. Finally, Bahr piped up.

"Listen man, what's the deal? I've been getting fishy vibes about this whole scenario since the first time we met. The intrigue and the initial col kept me interested long enough to put up with the charade, but my patience is reaching its maximum. Just what the hell is going on here, Ali?"

A pained expression masked Ali's visage as he took in Bahr's words. He looked genuinely hurt. But there was something else. The smallest, tiniest, most fleeting hint of an upward curl at the corners of his lips. Like he had been about to smile, but had held himself back at the last moment. Bahr's eyes narrowed in response. Just as he thought, there was something very wrong with this man, and the scenario Bahr had put himself in by being around him. Ali cleared his throat and softened his expression. "Worry not, friend. All of your questions will be answered when we enter the Cave of Wonders." His words were slow and deliberate, as though he was trying his best not to slip up and say something he shouldn't say. This only made Bahr even more skeptical. Why had he needed Bahr to do all of the work? Why hadn't Ali done it as he supposedly had before?

Was it possible that someone had helped him the first time? Perhaps a sacrifice was necessary within the Cave of Wonders. Or, perhaps, there were traps within its walls so dangerous that whoever had helped him before had perished as they made their way through. Had Ali simply been lucky? Or had he allowed his former partner to die so that he may keep all of the riches for himself?

Bahr's eyes flickered back to Morgiana, who had remained silent this entire time. She seemed to be feeling the same unease that Bahr was. Regardless of his opinion on her, she didn't deserve to get killed because she put her trust in the wrong people. NPC or not. Though, even if she were an NPC, she would be one of the few convincing enough that Bahr felt there was a genuinely human element to her. This only ever seemed to happen with the NPCs he got into fights with, like Ol' Pete. Strange how that happens.

"Fine," he affected with an exhale, looking Ali dead in the eye. "But I have my suspicions. Just know that the only reason I'm sticking around isn't for your sake, or even my sake. I'm sticking around because I don't want you to take advantage of her." His arm raised itself parallel to the ground, and a single index finger extended toward Morgiana. She seemed taken aback by the gesture.

"I... What?"

"Don't think too much about it," Bahr retorted with a grin, his orbs tracing back to meet with hers. "I still hate your guts. But something isn't right here, and you don't deserve to get swept up in it if things go south. Looks like we'll keep working together, for now at least."

What a confusing endeavor for everyone involved. Ali fidgeted nervously, Morgiana shifted uncomfortably, and Bahr simply stood still and shifted his eyes between the two. All of my questions will be answered, huh? I sure hope so.