[F17-PP] A Day off

Taking a small break from the field bosses I made sure I got out some of my stuff as well. I just got food on advice from someone that on floor seventeen, it seemed he was right and I enjoyed it quite a bit so far yet I still needed to eat. It was nice to lay my eyes on things for a while to empty my brain. But well that would not work, I still had to find someone with who I start to train with, Koga was sure a nice person but I have been getting nothing so far. He is also a few levels lower. I seemed to fall out of contact with Morgenstern for a while now as well, so no need to try him. At this point, I was at a loss and started wondering quite a bit It doesn't happen often but right now I did not have a plan. 

"Alright Shion, come on. Think of something you are starting to slack off quite a bit. What was it again that my mother always said. AH! When you want to start fresh and go relax," Easier said than done, some people call me a workaholic. I don't know where but maybe this floor has something nice, it is based on Greece so Maybe there would be a place to relax here. I opened my map and stood in the middle of the plaza from Athenaia to find something to relax at and get my brain working okay again. "Relax... Re-lax... Ugh, how does one do it!" I said looking at my map.

@Lessa

“Ugh, how does one do it!“

Lessa slowed, her blonde head tilting toward the source of the comment. Ever at her side, Riker patiently plopped onto his haunches. He was seemingly used to his master helping others, though it had happened rarely the past couple years. His amber eyes sparkled like crushed stars as he studied her, then began to survey their surroundings. The Greek floor offered so much to see, and the mocha-colored wolf was far from bored.

”I apologize, I didn’t mean to eavesdrop.” The smile Lessa offered was small, but it still held the warmth of genuine concern. She’d been in much better spirits the past few weeks, and more willing to help the occasional stranger. Bahr spoke of her fixing abilities, but it was he who coaxed her out of her hermit’s shell. 

”It looks like you might need some help? Is there anything I can do?”

I turned around to look at the voice I stared at her with my blue eyes and gave her a friendly smile, "Guess I spoke out loud, I may need some help yes," I said friendly my voice sounding smooth and soft. It was true that I could do quite a bit of anything but I guess I need help now. It's not often I ask but I guess now is better than ever. "I do need some help. I am taking some advice from someone to take a break and relax. Knowing the history of Greeks, I'm sure they know how to relax. But I seem to get lost just a tiny bit, I don't know anything about relaxing." I said to the blond as my smile turned into quite the determinant frown.

"Um... Guess formalities... um yeah," I said fast not knowing how to do this most of the time as I got told off by some to use my real name but I didn't mind. "The Name is Shion Kikenna Or Azhoda. A pleasure to meet you and ..." I looked down at the wolf, "To meet you and your familiar," Saying this I made a small bow and then held out my hand for a good handshake.

@Lessa

"Oh." The young woman's eyes widened as the stranger provided both her real name and her username. Players were so hesitant to share personal information, especially when it applied to the time before Aincrad. Yet here was this woman, sharing it with the casual ease of commenting on the weather. Lessa shook her head to cut through the surprise, then offered a return smile. "Nice to meet you! I'm Alyssa Butler, or Lessa." Did anyone in the game know her last name, or just this brand new acquaintance? What an odd day it was shaping up to be. Still, Lessa gripped the red-head's hand and shook. "And this guy is Riker." Once her hand was free from the shake, she gave the wolf's head an affectionate scratch. "He looks intimidating, but he's really a big softie."

Lessa's hands planted on her hips as she surveyed their surroundings. "I don't spend much time on floor seventeen," she confessed, "but I guess I have a few ideas." She reached back to rub at the back of her head, racking her brain for possibilities. "Are you, uh, much of a spa fan?"

Her name Alyssa Butler, Or Lessa. Quite a lovely name for sure no holding back there, It did kind of fit her. "Well pleasure to meet you Alyssa, and you too Riker," I said to her and the wolf who seemed to get patted by Alyssa. It was nice for once to get someone's real name, It gave the feeling of just being normal again. Where names did not become big things. Hearing upon her reaction that she never really came to floor seventeen, but her suggestion made me think a bit. "A Spa... I have heard of them, Never been to one, never got the time to do so. to be honest, I never saw the use of relaxation at all. But a promise is a promise," I said to Alyssa.

Looking at the map I opened the side some quick notes, "So I guess I could go to a spa, um... Mind if I ask something," I said lowering my head a bit as I never use to ask anyone for help at all not even if I really needed it, "You do seem to know how to relax, c-could you ... I feel dumb asking this. Could you teach me it," I said a bit nervous as it was the first time in forever that I asked for direct help. "If you don't want to, that is okay! I could try it for myself and see if I can do it." I said fast jumping out of my nervous voice.

I seemed to be quite a wreck and from a close look, you could see that I was exhausted quite a bit with my changing emotions even if I did not show much at all. "You're probably busy, but um... I will not ask again for help if you teach me how to relax. because I seemed to get stuck here now. And I cant go and break a promise that I should take a break and relax." I said sounding determined and full of passion not wanting to fail my promise I made.

@Lessa

The woman was growing distraught before her very eyes. Lessa frowned, and felt even Riker shift uncomfortably at her side. Why in the world was it so important that the woman take a spa day? Well, if she spent her entire life wound as tightly as this, it really could be life-altering. A matter of life and death, really. "Hey," Lessa began, reaching out to touch the woman's arm. Her voice was soft yet firm, a bit like a mother redirecting a child. "Hey, calm down. The whole point of a spa trip is to relax, right? And if you stress out over it, its all a bit counterproductive."

Lessa drew her hand back, then hooked it in the back pocket of her blue jeans. "I've never been to a spa either, come to think of it." She offered Azhoda a small smile, "but sure, I guess we can change that today. I don't really have anything else planned for the remainder of the afternoon. And if it helps you relax, then why not?" I could probably use a bit of rest and relaxation too, Lessa mused. After the rollercoaster that was her budding relationship, and the return of the once-dead Alkor, her head was swimming. Sleep hadn't come easily the past week, and perhaps this was just what the doctor ordered.

"You've got your map," she stated, "so why don't you lead the way?"

It seems my request was clear and Alyssa was happy to join me as well telling me to calm down, I didn't notice it but it seemed that I was not calm. "Alright um... guess I should calm down then, sorry didn't notice it but thanks for saying it," I said to her as I let out a sigh. How did I not notice that I was overreacting a bit? It was nice to get someone with me on this new experience, I have not been rested for at least a year now. Well, a full rest at least. My body never got rest with how I treated it, getting overworked easily and now leveling like crazy. Alyssa asked me to lead the way I looked at the map and took a bit before I nodded.

"Alright, its that way," I said pointing more into the settlement to a place you could clearly see, It was not hard. Closing my map I walked over the Alyssa a bit and smiled, "Thank you for coming," I said to her before taking the lead as I walked over to the building. Looking over to the Alyssa I smiled, she must be around my age or something. Not only that she did look quite tired as well so maybe it was good for us both. "Alyssa, if you don't mind me asking, How old are you. I'm twenty-four by the way, at least when the game started." I asked her as I kind of wanted to know now because I could feel like we could be good friends even if we just met. "Also, I don't want to be rude or anything, but do you have something you want to fight for. Like you wish you could get to on the other side?" Asking this made me think about my goal after this.

@Lessa

"Lots of questions," Lessa commented with a sheepish smile. She reached up to rub at the bridge of her nose, mulling over the girl's questions. She supposed it would be easiest to start with the basic questions. "I was twenty when I joined the game," she explained. "Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how old I am now. Twenty two? Twenty four? Twenty six?" She shrugged. It was so difficult to keep track in a place like Aincrad, when every day melted into the one before it. Even the seasons did not offer much aid, as all four could be found on any given time. But if she based her best guess on floor twenty two, it was late autumn or early winter. Of which year, she had no idea.

"As for why I fight, that's pretty good question. It's changed a lot while I've been in here. Heck, sometimes it changes from day to day." She gave a small shrug. "In the beginning, it was all about getting back to my family. I miss my mom, my dad, and my brothers." She fell silent, then, quieter, "I miss them so much. But, uh, later, it was all about protecting the people in the game. The people who couldn't fight, and needed me to stand for them. The newcomers who needed guidance, and the frontliners who needed support. There was so much to do, y'know?"

She reached down to stroke Riker's soft head as they walked. "Now? I guess it's a little of everything. But getting out would be really nice." She glanced toward her companion. "What about you?"

listening to her felt like it was getting to hear a sad story, I felt a bit guilty for asking now and wanted to go back to some simple questions while we walked over to the building I pointed out for us. I could say I miss my family too in some way, but not only that I miss what I did, the work that I loved so much doing. I could not do that here and as much as I wish I could I never will do it as it was not allowed by the game. Then Alyssa countered the question to me, holding my hand to my chin I looked up for a second and nodded.

"Guess I have some reasons, First of all, I want to get out of this game to return to my job. Second I think it is the fact that I made a promise to become stronger no matter the cost, but I think mostly because I promised someone to not die at all cost, but I can't sit still and do nothing. But he also said to calm down and relax a bit as I become a danger to myself or something like that," I said to her looking a bit down to the map again. Guess my reason is more of a selfish reason if you looked at it. I did this because I made a promise, I did not do this for someone else but for myself.

I looked up and smiled again, "But I guess I'm sorry if I made you think of something you don't like. But um different questions. um, guess we could focus on things In the game for this one. What level and Skills are you based in, or however you call it in these games," I said as this was the first time really playing a game like this as I never really had time in gaming at all, or well I didn't make time to game.

@Lessa

"Back for your job, huh?" Lessa had spoken to many players about their motivations, but this was one she'd never heard before. "Most people play games to get away from work, but you want to get back for it? Must be something that you're really passionate about." The girls moved across the square, shifting around other players and NPCs alike. They were nearing a large building at the end of the road. It was brilliantly white, with towering columns and crisp lines. Statues of goddesses adorned the stone steps. It was so strangely inviting.

"So you're here on a promise?" Lessa tilted her head, and a small smile formed at the notion. "That's very sweet. Someone must care about you very much to ask for something like that." Had anyone ever demanded that she take some time off?

Finally, she remembered the red-head's last question. "Uh, level forty or so," came her answer. Lessa reached back to scratch at the back of her head, looking away to hide the hangdog expression. She had always hated discussing these things, as they made her feel like a braggart. "My build is all over the place. I guess it focuses on heavy armor though. Accuracy and AoEs. You could probably call me a tanky DPS. Err, what about you?"

I nodded to Lessa as she asked if I was passionate about my job, of course, I was. It was one of the many reasons why I was like this, This passion was always one with me. "Well yes, guess you could say I get passionated for something like my job, Who wouldn't want to make a glider and learn how to fly it by the pilot!!" I said as my voice got quite a bit excited and high a bit different from just a moment ago. As the building came into view I looked at it at awe, with a smile getting to my face and a joyful one for that at least.

hearing her say those two words, very sweet. I looked down to the ground, "Well sweet I would not call it. Sure I am... was very focused on my work and never took a break, but he is one of the only people who understood my passion for my work, he can be nice for an old pilot for sure. Thinking about it now, he would probably get mad for the same reason that I am tiring my body again. Saying things like, 'Stop being an idiot Shion and get some sleep,' or even things like 'your body needs the rest you ain't giving it, go Home now' and go on." I said with a grin on my face as I looked to the building as I walked up the steps.

"But yeah he was kind of the one that kept me going into the hardest times, even on new year and Christmas he was there for me in my work place. But your level... That sounds nice," I said fast guiding over the question completely as my mind was not more or less set on speaking about the real world and was not really bothered by Lessa's level at all. "Oh yeah um... I am just focusing on DPS to do as much damage as I can. But yeah enough about that, we are here," I said turning to Lessa staring at her a bit, "So how does this work, I really don't know at all. do we just walk in and get ourself really or something like that."

@Lessa

• 1 month later...

Lessa's initial response was a one-shouldered shrug. "I've never really been to the spa," she admitted. "I had my nails done for my cousin's wedding, but we didn't do anything fancy. No massages or anything. Just the nails." As such, there was some hesitation as the blonde walked into the lobby. The space was stunning, a masterpiece of granite and crystal. Clean, crisp white dominated, with pops of warm gold and soft pink to perfectly accent. The staff moved in long, white togas with laurel wreaths nestled in their hair. Of course they did, Lessa mused appreciatively. It really set the tone, and sold the whole 'ancient Rome' atmosphere.

A long, willowy woman seemed to materialize before them. Her entire aura was calming, from her soft brown curls to her gentle brown eyes. When she spoke, warmth cruised through her voice. "Good afternoon, and welcome to the spa. What services might I interest you in today?"

"Uh..." Lessa blinked, then offered a sheepish smile. "Truth is, I don't really know what you guys do here. Do you have a menu or something?"

The NPC hostess nodded. "We offer a wide range of services: massages, facials, manicures and pedicures, aromatherapy. We also have wraps, such as seaweed and mud, as well as hair treatments." She spread her hands. "What are you interested in?"

Lessa cut a glance toward Azhoda. "Thoughts?"

Wait... her skin and hair look so fine. I would have thought she knew but it seemed like I was wrong. "Ooh well Um," I was a bit surprised but my expression was not changing from still looking at the building. Out of nowhere an NPC walked up and spoke to us speaking about the items they had here for us, It seemed quite something and a few of the things the NPC said. 

So as the NPC told us what the options were for us to get to I looked a bit confused, they all sounded complicated and stuff and well, to say the least, I really didn't know any of the things the NPC said. Then Lessa turned to me and asked for what I wanted to pick. "Um I think the Massage sounds good, that is kind of the only thing I really Know out of all."  I looked and pulled my shoulders a bit back feeling that my body was indeed in need of a massage in some way.

I turned to Lessa for a second and my save was full of confusion, "um... Well, I don't know how this goes, I normally get just a small Massage from a co-worker after a long night just for my shoulders. Never have I had the spa version of it and really don't know how it works." Saying this I tried to hide the fact that I really didn't know much about anything in a spa or even how te relax.

@Lessa

• 4 weeks later...

Lessa nodded her agreement. "Sure," she replied. "Massage sounds good." She paused, thinking for a moment, before she added, "I don't actually remember the last time I had one. It was definitely before Aincrad. Maybe one of those five-minute deals in the chair at a campus fundraiser or something?" As the vision wasn't coming quickly, the blonde merely shrugged. "I say we go for it. They can't be that expensive, right?" Truth be told, Lessa had very little col to her name when compared to other players. Grinding and crafting were the secrets to success here in Aincrad, and the best way to fill one's bank account. She dabbled in neither. Really should do more of that.

The impossibly pretty hostess motioned for the two players to follow her. They left the grand entrance behind, descending into a more narrow but still beautifully decorated hallway. A few turns later, and Lessa found herself in what appeared to be locker room of sorts. Granted, there were no lockers - merely shelves for belongings. Of course, NPCs would not have a handy-dandy inventory for their items. Comfortable couches, plush rugs, and tables of snacks filled the space. A fire even crackled merrily in a marble fireplace on the opposite end of the room. 

"We ask that you undress now. While many patrons prefer to go without, there are robes for your convenience." With a delicate hand, the NPC motioned to a wall where sleek, shimmery white robes hung. Was that satin?

"Yup, definitely going for a robe," Lessa informed her companion as the hostess walked away.

@Azhoda

• 1 month later...

It seemed that the hostess wanted me and Lessa to follow her, Leaving the entrance behind us I followed her a bit sheepishly as I didn't really understand what was going to happen and to be frank I didn't really want to know but it feels like I owe someone if I didn't go. And now at least I got someone with me as well, meaning that I don't have to do this alone. The building was just as the outside, the architecture was really based on the old-time bathhouses from greek times or Rome, I don't remember at this time. Getting to the room where the hostess led us to, it seemed that the place was already prepared for us to use and even some snacks and other things were standing on the table.

I turned to Lessa with a smile, but that smile turned to a pure on redhead of blushing as soon as I heard the NPC talk about undressing. "Uh... Ah!" I was going to say something but Lessa was before me and she just took the words out of my mouth. "Y-Yes... Robes!" I said fast looking at the robes prepared for us. I hesitated at first a bit as I walked over to the robes and looked at it as my menu was hovering over it. But I took a sigh and as soon as I did so my armour was replaced by the robe.

Still with my back turned to Lessa, she could see that my body had a sort hourglass type body, as well as my arms and legs seemed to have still quite some muscles as well. My hair came loose and was hanging passed my shoulders. "I'm Not really used to this," I said fast. The red locks of my hair seemed to be well cared for as well as my skin itself seemed to be from a distance quite soft itself. I turned around to face Lessa still a bit of blushing as I did, My sea blue eyes stared a bit at her before I spoke up, "Thank you for coming. I probably would not have been here if I was on my own. And I guess, I do need some time to relax after all ... I ask too much from my body I guess." I said holding my arm up and stretching a bit holding my shoulder with my other hand.

@Lessa

Edited by Azhoda
  • 1 month later...

When possible, Lessa preferred to undress the old-fashioned way. Perhaps it was silly, but the familiar process made her feel more at home. Sword Art Online had taken so many things from her, and the woman grasped for control wherever she could. Using her own two hands to "unequip" her clothes, as opposed to going through her HUD, gave Lessa just a little more power. And that was something.

After peeling off her clothes and tugging on a robe, Lessa turned to Azhoda in a swish of silky fabric. "I'm definitely not used to it either," she confessed with a small smile. Absently, Lessa's fingers began to pick at her braids, freeing her blonde hair from their bindings. She gave her head a toss, running her fingers through her mane, then adjusted her robe. Tightening the sash, she moved toward a table where a spread of snacks lay. The woman bypassed the food, going straight for a glass of cold water.

"No need to thank me," she replied easily, waving her free hand in the air before taking a sip from the cup. "It's a nice break from the norm." Dropping into one of the ornate chairs, Lessa crossed one leg over the other. "You ask too much from your body? Pretty combat focused, then? Do you do a lot of training?"

@Azhoda

it seems both me and Lessa were both not used to this at all. For me it's quite logical, to be honest, I wake up, eat something, do work till midnight even sometimes till the next morning, fall asleep from exhaustion. wake up and go back to work, go home and fall asleep again, then wake up and eat something before sleeping again. That was pretty much my life, working, sleeping and eating. And now, here in this world, It was not much different.

I looked quite a bit nervous one fact I never done this, the other was that I was just the smaller bit uncomfortable about my body. Even some people would say I got a bit of muscle and soft skin. I still was quite unsure. "Ha... well," I sight and took a bit of food from the table and sat down on the other ornate chair crossing my legs as my face was still clearly red a bit, almost as red as my hair.

Lessa spoke up to me once more to something that got my attention, something to talk about for sure. "I do train a lot, almost every day. But not every day, some days I'm scouting or grinding. and some other days I'm just straight-up sleeping. So I guess I'm pretty combat-focused, but it is not much different from my normal life so I'm used to being busy all the time." I paused a second and shake my head, "N-not that I do something that involves combat in the real world, I'm an engineer, working on a project with a small team. A glider, you know those planes without an engine." I said trying to avoid any miss conceptions.

@Lessa

Lessa nodded as Azhoda spoke. "Okay," she began when the other woman finished, "it definitely sounds like you work hard. It's no wonder you're so worn down. I don't grind nearly as much as it sounds like you do, and even I get worn down. I'm getting the impression that you definitely needed this break." She took another drink of water, uttered an involuntary ahh of contentment, then shifted her attention back to the woman with the red hair. "It's really neat that you kept so busy in the real world. I had classes and teaching, so I guess I was busy too, but I definitely still had time to enjoy myself during down-time. Riding horses was the big one. I managed to get in a saddle pretty much every day. Did you have any hobbies back in the real world? "

When the player mentioned engineering, Lessa's eyes brightened. "Oh! My brother is an engineer. He's really passionate about his work, and he's good at it, too. Sounds like you're a lot like him."

@Azhoda

The question Lessa got me thinking, A hobby. I didn't even know if I had a hobby now but I knew I had one before but that was all because of my parents who just kind of pushed me into the direction. What caught my attention more was that Lessa seemed to be a bit younger then me surprising to her looks for sure. "Those times back with classes and clubs. Guess I had a hobby back then. So that kind of counts, but yeah I was in the design club at my school, But that was six years ago," I said to Lessa with a friendly smile. "Maybe I can see drawing and design as a hobby in this case, but I do it for my job as well so I guess I have a fun job," I said to her getting a small and improved smile.

Hearing that Lessa's brother who was an engineer as well sounded a lot like me got me thinking, and I spoke up to her, "Who knows maybe I have met him before, but I'm terrible with names and faces so sorry if I didn't. Maybe he has heard about me, I don't know. But I guess if my workplace is in Chofu, Tokyo. So I guess who knows..." I was not really scared on sharing the district in Tokyo I lived as Chofu was still quite a big place to even begin with if I wanted to be more spot-on I could say something else but I left it at that for now.

"But you said your busy with classes right, What are you learning for if I may ask. Because It seemed we kind of have already taken a step into my life on the outside," I said generally being interested in this as it was always fun to meet and greet with people.

@Lessa

Lessa smiled, then nodded in approval. "I definitely consider drawing and design hobbies. It's really neat that you have a job that allows you to incorporate things that make you happy." When she mentioned running into her brother, Lessa laughed, then shook her head. "I highly doubt you've ever met him," she explained. "We're actually in America. I grabbed an advance copy of the game, so my brother isn't anywhere near Tokyo. And he's only a couple years out of college, so I don't think he's big-name enough for any name-dropping." She grabbed a couple candies, popped them into her mouth, and added, "But I bet you and Ben would get along ready well. When all this is over, maybe I can introduce you."

At Azhoda's next question, Lessa's smile grew into a grin. "I'm a teacher! Finishing up my internship, so I'm working with students while also studying myself. It's been such a thrill. I can't wait until I have my own classroom."

The NPC hostess returned, a soft smile fixed to her pretty pink lips. "We're ready for you now, if you'll follow me."

Thread Complete!

Lessa and Azhoda both receive:
2 SP (1 thread completion, 1 quarantine bonus)
200 col