EN: 2
DMG: 5 || MIT: 9

Skills:
» Two Handed Assault Spear - Rank 1

Equipped:
» <<Nightfall>> [Uncommon 2H Assault Spear [Damage]]
»  <<Obsidian Breastplate>> [Uncommon Heavy Armor [Mitigation]]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» (5) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Nephthys, the Egyptian Goddess of Death, Decay, and the Unseen, and now, just a loner in a virtual world that she can't get out of. She stared at the spear that she had in her hands before she nodded to herself. It has been long enough. She has been hiding in town long enough without leaving in fear of being found by her ex-best friend. She hadn't even spoken to her brother in the years that had passed that she was stuck in this game. She used to have fun, life used to be good. Now, she doesn't know who to trust and which direction to watch. She felt like she needed to watch everything, but she just couldn't, not alone at least. She took in a deep breath as she walked to the gates of the town, yeah, it was time to leave and go out and fight once more. Only this time, alone.

With Nightfall in hand and her Obsidian Breastplate on, she was prepared to go. She was ready to try this game once more. As she left the gates of town, she smiled a little bit as she looked around the wilds outside. Yeah, she could do this. "Okay, you can do this." Ha, a small pep talk before she walked and ran right into someone. Wait, when did that person get there?

@Virgil

Spoiler

Level: 1
HP: 20
EN: 2
DMG: 5 || ACC: 1 || EVA: 2

Skills:
» 2H Battle Ax - Rank 1

Equipped:
» <<Spirit's Scythe>> [Rare 2H Battle Ax [DMG // ACC]]
»  <<Ragged Cloak>> [Vanity Light Armor]
» <<Life Ring>> [Rare Ring [EVA/EVA]]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» (5) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

Virgil looked at his scythe with slight dissatisfaction as he walked. He should have chosen a weapon he could sheath; with this he had to actually carry it everywhere he went. 
Letting his arm hang at his side, the scythe's long, curved blade facing inward and hovering just under knee height, Virgil continued toward the town's exit. His dark grey cloak, which reached just below waist length, moved slightly with each step, fluttering a bit behind him as he moved. The long shaft of his scythe tapped against his shoulder blade. 
I should have been out here a long time ago, he decided, Not like I was doing anything other than rotting in an inn anyways. 
Virgil sifted through the crowd. If there was one thing he had learned from eluding people all his life, it was how to maneuver a crowd without being noticed. And he could do it fairly quickly. 
Of course, two years rotting in an inn will make you a little rusty. 
Someone ran into Virgil's back. Turning, he was... not terribly surprised to see his little sister there. 
...I wonder why I'm not feeling any reaction...
"You should be more careful, Madeline," he told her simply. 

@Nephthys

Spoiler

Nephthys: HP: 20 || EN: 2 || DMG: 5 || MIT: 9

"You should be more careful, Madeline." She sighed. She knew that he was in the game, hell, she ran off from him after everything had happened so long ago. But to literally run into him, well, what kind of luck was that. She was only gone for two years, and here he was, acting as if he didn't care. Well, that might have hurt a bit if she didn't expect it really. "Really Issac, two years and that's it?" Okay, so she was still going to say something, but she shrugged it off soon enough as she moved to step around him.

She was about to take a step further from the town, but stopped herself and looked at her older brother. What happened to him, she didn't fully know, but something had to mess him up. As for her, she never got to tell him, she just, vanished. "Want to come with?" She didn't think she would have to say much more, but she did anyway. "I'm going to put the past behind me and start leveling. You're the only one here I trust, so you're the only one I will offer this to before I leave," there was an unspoken 'again' at the end there.

@Virgil

Spoiler

Virgil: HP 20 | EN 2 | DMG 5 | ACC 1 | EVA 2

Virgil's sister looked at him with a sort of distaste. "Really Issac, two years and that's it?" she said, swerving around him. 
I suppose that reaction can be expected. I didn't react very emotionally. 
Though he expected her to just keep walking past him, Madeline stopped and turned partially toward him. "Want to come with? I'm going to put the past behind me and start leveling. You're the only one here I trust, so you're the only one I will offer this to before I leave.
He could hear the unspoken again at the end of that sentence. His sister must be feeling some kind of guilt. 
Guilt, huh? Why don't I feel that? 
Virgil gave a very slight smirk. "Sure. I was just going out myself," he told her, omitting the details of his time in the inn. He turned and started off with her. 
I'll wait for you to start talking. I have a feeling anything I say will be dredging up old wounds. 

@Nephthys

Spoiler

"Sure. I was just going out myself." Well that was good, but why was she expecting him to say no? That was the golden question there wasn't it. Either way, she opened her menu and sent her brother a party invite. It was quiet for a few minutes before she finally opted to say something, it wasn't going to be fun to sit in awkward and unwarranted sibling silence. She looked over her shoulder, "So, what have you been up to brother?" It's funny, they used to be closer than this, and now, well this definitely wasn't close.

This felt like the opposite of close. There was a new found distance between herself and her older brother, and she didn't know from where it came. Well, she did, but was she ready to admit everything that had happened to make her run off? Just thinking of that made her quickly glance around them. She wasn't sure if she was being hunted, but there were times that it felt like it.

@Virgil

Spoiler

VirgilHP 20 | EN 2 | DMG 5 | ACC 1 | EVA 2

The siblings had walked in silence for a few minutes, which was fine by Virgil. But once those few, short minutes were past, Madeline must have decided that the quiet was unbearable. She looked over at him. 
"So, what have you been up to brother?
Just sitting, rotting in an in for a couple of years, pointlessly mourning, how about you? he mentally answered. Hah, like he'd actually tell her that. 
"I spent a lot of time exploring this place. This town is like a maze, so I'd rather know my way around it," he told her. It was a blatant lie; he'd just overheard that information a couple of days ago. He didn't like to go off of what he hadn't confirmed, but he didn't have much else to go off of. "What about you? Have you been doing anything lately?" 
I should glean what information I can from her while I still can, he'd decided, About her and anything else she knows. 

@Nephthys

Spoiler

"I spent a lot of time exploring this place. This town is like a maze, so I'd rather know my way around it." Now, if she would have been around her brother the past tow years, she probably could have called him out on his lie, but that wasn't what was going to happen. Instead, she just nodded her head silently. "Exploring is better than sitting." Her voice seemed to hold some kind of tone that made it seem like she knew from experience, which she did.

"What about you? Have you been doing anything lately?" She should have known that the question was going to bounce back around to her. Another small head shake, only this one was accompanied by her glancing around once more. "No. Just sitting in an inn, debating on if it was safe to leave." She wasn't going to say much more on it, not unless he wanted to know. But with how he seemed to be acting, she might not have to worry about that. There was something ear them though, she just couldn't find it yet, but she could feel eyes on the pair.

@Virgil

Spoiler

VirgilHP 20 | EN 2 | DMG 5 | ACC 1 | EVA 2
Boar: HP 10 DMG 3
ID# 131464 | BD: 7 (6+1)
Virgil: HP 20/20 | EN: 1/2 (-2+1)
Boar: HP 0/10 (-10)
(5*2= 10 Dmg)
ID# 131465 | CD: 9 LD: 6

Loot: 140 col, (2) T1 Materials, Rare Trinket

Madeline started to glance around. She's on edge, Virgil made mental note.
"No. Just sitting in an inn, debating on if it was safe to leave," she told him. Virgil glanced over at her, looking at her very tense face. She wasn't joking, he decided. 
Gah, I have to comfort her now, don't I? Fine, fine, I can do that. 
"I take it you decided it was safe enough?" Or that you couldn't take sitting in an inn any longer. "Well, you are safe. As safe as you can be," he attempted. Virgil had never been the best at comforting others. 
The pair had exited town a short while back and were out in the fields when a boar decided it was a good time to jump out at them. It trotted over, snorting violently at the siblings. 
Ah, this is a good time to test out my new stats. I'll need to know my baseline abilities. 
Virgil stepped toward the boar and spun his scythe around a bit, testing it's weight. It seemed light enough, so he whirled the spinning into a downward swing that pierced the boar though it's center. The thing squealed as it's health dropped down to zero and shattered away. A small loot window appeared in front of Virgil. 
He easily flipped his weapon over to rest on his shoulder. "See? Perfectly safe."

@Nephthys

Edited by Virgil
Spoiler

Nephthys: HP: 20 || EN: 0(2-2)/2 || DMG: 5 || MIT: 9

Boar: HP: 0(10-10)/10 || DMG: 3 >>DEAD<<

ID: 131478
BD: 7 >>HIT<<
Sword Art: Heft
DMG: 5*2=10

ID: 131479
LD: 9
CD: 6

Obtained:
120 Col
Tier 1 Materials (2)
Rare Trinket (1)

She noticed him glance at her, but there was still something pestering her in the back of her mind. Of course, that was probably just the paranoia that she was feeling at this point. She probably shouldn't be out and about, it was probably a very bad idea really. Her grip tighten on her spear though as she looked at Issac. "I take it you decided it was safe enough? Well, you are safe. As safe as you can be." She just looked at him, he really didn't know what was making her feel unsafe, she might actually have to clue him in on that.

But that was the least of her worries right now. Nope, the eyes that she could have sworn that she felt before, finally showed themselves. It was just a boar. Okay, that was a little better. She loosened her grip on the spear a little bit, but Issac reacted before he did. He swung his scythe around before bringing it down on the boar's center. She sighed lightly at the thought of it being gone, that was good. "See? Perfectly safe." But they weren't, she looked behind him and quickly rushed the boar that was trying go for her brother. She wasn't allowing it, no she was going to protect him.

She moved her hands to the heavy part of the spear as she came to a stop, moving the tip of the spear diagonally and across it's torso. It's health instantly draining to zero and it turning into fragments. She turned and looked at her brother then, "Safe from monsters like this, yes. Safe from...," she couldn't even say the person's name before she shook her head. "There are things that I'm not safe from. So, I have to better myself to be safe." She ignored the loot window that showed up as she walked back over to her brother.

@Virgil

Edited by Nephthys
Spoiler

Virgil: HP 20/20 | EN: 2/2 (+1)
Loot: 140 col, (2) T1 Materials, Rare Trinket

Virgil instinctively twisted away from his sister as she suddenly swiped her spear swiftly past him, slashing into a boar that was charging behind Virgil unbeknownst to him. The boar shattered almost immediately. 
I didn't see that other one coming. I guess having an ally will be useful going forward. 
He turned to look more at his sister as she started talking. 
"Safe from monsters like this, yes. Safe from...," she shook her head. "There are things that I'm not safe from. So, I have to better myself to be safe.
Virgil smirked ever so slightly. "If you say so. But I think the solid metal plates you're wearing beg to differ," he pointed out. Glancing around and confirming there were no more boars trying to ram their faces into them, he returned to Madeline's side. Actually... 
Virgil glanced up. 
Nephthys. Must be something from mythology. She always liked that. 
"So, how should we proceed now," he thought aloud, trying to decide precisely that. 

@Nephthys

Spoiler

Nephthys: HP: 20/20 || EN: 1(0+1)/2 || DMG: 5 || MIT: 9

She probably should have warned him before she attacked the second boar, whoops. At least he wasn't harmed. It was the smirk he gave though that made her think that he wasn't exactly listening to what she was saying fully. But then, she wasn't explaining it much at all was she. "If you say so. But I think the solid metal plates you're wearing beg to differ." Neph shook her head, "The solid metal plates can only protect against things closer to my level. Not things that have gotten experience from killing other players..." She might have hinted a bit more about what she was worried about, but that was that.

She noticed that he was making sure that there was nothing else around, and she just stood in her spot, waiting. Watching for the orange marker she knew had to be following her. Or so she thought at least. "So, how should we proceed now." She turned her head to her brother lightly before she pointed her spear in the direction further from town. "Well, if we want to hunt, things are going to be that way. Bigger packs tend to hunt further out though." Or at least, so she thought.

@Virgil

"The solid metal plates can only protect against things closer to my level. Not things that have gotten experience from killing other players...
Virgil looked at his sister for a moment. Ah, so that's what she was scared of. PKers. A genuine fear to have, he thought. 
A fear that was a lot closer than she probably thought it was. It almost made Virgil smirk. 

Virgil looked in the direction Madeline pointed her spear. Over there was a more forested area, probably had something interesting there. 
"Well, if we want to hunt, things are going to be that way. Bigger packs tend to hunt further out though," his sister told him. She really sounded like she knew what she was doing here. He must have found a very good ally in her indeed. 
"Well, only thing we can do then is go out there and hunt," he told her, starting off toward the place, "It'll be good to explore the area while we're at it." 

@Nephthys

Spoiler

Nephthys: HP: 20/20 || EN: 2(1+1)/2 || DMG: 5 || MIT: 9

He had no response to her reasoning for not feeling safe still. Honestly, that didn't surprise her at this point. He didn't seem like the person who she used to know. But then, was she? Either way, she watched her brother out of the corner of her eye as she looked around them. There was no way that she would be here, right? She should be higher leveled now, right?

"Well, only thing we can do then is go out there and hunt. It'll be good to explore the area while we're at it." She watched him walk past her toward the forest and she nodded as she pulled her spear back to her side and followed him. Neph soon caught up to him so she was walking side by side with her brother, but something was nagging at her, and she was going to ask it.

"Issac...you've changed. Why?" She probably wasn't asking the best question to ask, but she was going to ask it anyways.

@Virgil

Spoiler

Wasp: HP 10 DMG 3
ID# 131506 | BD: 5 (4+1)
Virgil: HP 20/20 | EN: 1/2 (-2+1)

Wasp: HP 10/10 

Virgil, once again, decided that waiting for Madeline to start the conversation would be a smart move. The shreds on his three layered cloak flapped lightly in the breeze of his walking. His scythe's long blade once again hovered behind his legs, a little over a foot off the ground. 
"Issac...you've changed. Why?" Madeline asked suddenly. 
Hmm. That is a difficult question to answer. I shouldn't tell her what happened though... 
"I've changed? I didn't really notice," he told his sister, "But, you know, so have you." 
That might be a little much to point out to her. She's clearly distressed. 
"I can't say I know why I changed the way I did. I hope it's not for the worse,"
 he said with a slight smirk. 

As they approached the forested area a giant wasp-looking mob buzzed into view. 
Virgil smirked. "Shall we?" he asked, whirling his scythe into a wieldable position. He made a mad rush at the buzzing bug, but it swerved out of his arcing scythe's path. 
"Tch!" 

@Nephthys

Edited by Virgil
Spoiler

Nephthys: HP: 20/20 || EN: 0/2 || DMG: 5 || MIT: 9

Wasp: HP 0/10 || DMG 3 || Hate vs Virgil: 0 // vs Nephthys: 0 >>DEAD<<

ID: 131516
BD: 6 >>HIT<<
DMG: 5*2=10

ID: 131517
LD: 19
CD: 5

Obtained:
60 Col
Tier 1 Material (4)
Perfect Armor (1)
Perfect Trinket (1)

"I've changed? I didn't really notice. But, you know, so have you." She looked at him and nodded, "I know I have. But then again having someone literally try to ki-..." She abruptly stopped her words as she shook her head. "Never mind." He didn't ask, she won't tell. Not that it seemed like he was going to anyways, but hey, he was still her brother. Just not the exact same one that she used to know. "I can't say I know why I changed the way I did. I hope it's not for the worse." She just glanced at him, before she turned to keep walking.

The forest was soon upon them and she noticed that there was a giant wasp sitting there, as if waiting for them. "Shall we?" And he was off, no thought to try and make the best approach. She sighed as she walked to her right a few paces and watched his attack miss. But now, the wasp wasn't looking at her, and she took that advantage. Holding the spear in both hands, she went for the wasp and brought the tip of the spear across the wasps center.

She cut it in half and it was gone. Moving ever so slightly, she looked around, waiting to see if it was alone or not before she looked at him. "Strategies brother." She looked at him ad motioned for him to try and find something new to kill.

@Virgil

Edited by Nephthys
Spoiler

ID# 131625 | BD: 9
Virgil: HP 20/20 | EN: 1/2 (-1+1)

Wasp: HP 4/10 (-6)
(5+1= 6 dmg)

"I know I have. But then again having someone literally try to ki-..." Madeline cut herself off and shook her head. "Never mind."
...I'm supposed to ask about that, aren't I? Virgil thought as his sister kept walking. Guess I'll have to. Eventually. I won't bring it up for now. 

After Virgil missed the wasp he noticed the thing focusing on him. No surprise there. A sudden flick of light and a red line crossed the wasp's body. He glanced at his sister. She'd just cut it down and was now looking around, probably to see if there was anything else attacking them. 
"Strategies brother." She looked at him, motioning for him to find another mob. 
Virgil nodded. It didn't turn out to be very hard. Wasps were littering the trees. He just knocked the back of his scythe against one and a wasp flew out. Pretty simple, he thought. 
This time when he swing his scythe, rather than letting the tip rip through the wasp, he smacked it with the shaft of his scythe just below the blade. Then he yanked the weapon back, the sharp edge slicing though the wasp. 
"Found one," he called out to Madeline. 

@Nephthys

Edited by Virgil
Spoiler

Nephthys: HP: 20/20 || EN: 1(0+1)/2 || DMG: 5 || MIT: 9

She's not attacking

She didn't need to wait too terribly long for him to be able to find another wasp or monster. The wasps apparently were just swarming the forested area that they were in. That was nice to know really. But there was still the thing that she didn't need to be killing everything. So when her brother managed to hit the one that he found, she just leaned against the tree that was behind her and let him have his fun. "Found one." She nodded, "So I see. Why don't you go ahead and kill it. I can't be doing all of that you know." Now, she meant her words to be a joke, but she was just going to have to wait and see how her brother was to interpret them. She was going to slowly get to know this side of her brother, even if it meant making him mad at first. She didn't want to do that, but if she had to, then she would.

@Virgil

Spoiler

ID# 131653 | BD: 10 MD: 6 (8-2)
Virgil: HP 17/20 (-3) | EN: 1/2 (+1-1)

Wasp: HP 0/10 (-7)
(5+2=7 dmg)
ID# 131654 | LD: 8 CD: 12
Wasp Loot: 136 col, Rare Trinket
Total Loot: 2
76 col, (2) T1 Materials, (2) Rare Trinket

When Virgil looked over at his sister he found her leaning against a tree, apparently not going to help out with this one. 
"So I see. Why don't you go ahead and kill it. I can't be doing all of that you know," she told him jokingly. 
Oh? Not the type to just jump in? he thought, a little surprised. But he gave her a slight smirk. 
"Hard to argue with that. I guess if I must, I will-- OW!" 
He was talking lightheartedly, but the wasp apparently didn't appreciate the distraction. It had crawled up close and stung his leg. Virgil scowled down at it and swiped his scythe across it's body. The wasp was severed in two and it's health drained down to zero. It shattered into many fragments. Virgil huffed at the place the wasp once was and turned back to his sister. 
"Well, never mind that one then," he said with a slight grin, "My turn on the tree, I suppose?" 

@Nephthys

Edited by Virgil
Spoiler

Nephthys: HP: 20/20 || EN: 0(2-2)/2 || DMG: 5 || MIT: 9

Wasp: HP: 10/10 || DMG: 3
ID: 131664
BD: 2 >>FAIL<<
DMG: >>MISS<<

MD: 2 >>FAIL<<
DMG vs Nephthys: >>MISS<<

"Hard to argue with that. I guess if I must, I will-- OW!" She rolled her eyes when he was stung by the wasp. That was a little sad, but the move that happened next involved the wasp turning to fragments. Issac was looking at her once more and she managed a small smirk. Mainly because he had gotten so distracted that he got hit by the wasp. That was some funny stuff right there. "Well, never mind that one then. My turn on the tree, I suppose?" She pushed herself from the tree and nodded, "Sure, why not." At least she wouldn't have to worry about saving her brother's ass right? He seemed to have a good handle on it.

While she looked in one direction, she heard the whispering of a wasps wings coming up behind her and she quickly moved. Her spear swung a little wide in the process, but hey, she hadn't gotten hurt. Now, if her brother went to say something on it, she could at least throw it back in his face that she dodged the attack.

@Virgil

Edited by Nephthys
Spoiler

Virgil: HP 20/20 (+10) | EN: 2/2 (+1)

Total Loot: 276 col, (2) T1 Materials, (2) Rare Trinket

Madeline moved away from the tree. "Sure, why not."
Virgil walked past her, hovering his scythe's blade at it's usual height behind his legs as he approached the tree. There was a faint buzzing in the air, but he ignored it. It was her turn to fight now. 

More specifically, it's a perfect time to observe her fighting. It'll be good to keep in mind what I learn. 
He put his scythe on the ground next to the tree, turning around to lean back on the giant plant and watch his sister fight. 
Without turning around she dodged away from the wasp that was assaulting her and swiped with her spear. The attack of both the wasp and the spear went horribly wide, missing each other completely. 
Very aware of your surroundings, aren't you? A high-damage weapon with high-defense armor. A powerful combo indeed. 
He didn't say anything, but watched the fight with well feigned amusement. 

@Nephthys