[PP-F1] Sidetracked

Dazia was beginning her search for potential clues and hints for the whereabouts of certain players, but pretty soon, it would fail to go as planned. Sundown would be approaching in a few hours, and there was still no sign of the search targets within the specified forest. "If this search turns out to be a waste of my time, it will be the informant that owes me." She muttered. Her young friend, Yinangi, would shrug and remark, "Well, what else could you expect from just sitting in certain trees, waiting for them to come by?" Then, with her right hand on her hip, she would then suggest, "We should actively look for them! Maybe even ask around if we find someone who doesn't fit the descriptions?" Dazia would think for a short moment, then give her thoughts on the suggestion. "While I agree with actively seeking them out, I don't want to drag anyone into this. This isn't supposed to be a public thing, Yinangi." 

Indeed, it was not intended to have any public appearance, for the Guild that needed her assistance preferred to be the unspoken heroes, taking down threats from within the shadows. Their goals and hers simply lined up, so this was but a temporary alliance. An hour passed, leaving two hours until sundown. Yinangi would spot someone on the forest's road, and head over. Dazia would notice, and she already did not approve of what was clearly about to happen. "Wait, Yinangi, stop! We're supposed to- Argh!"

Yinangi would keep going, and would attempt to start a conversation. "Excuse me, could you spare a moment?" She would say to the player, knowingly putting Dazia's discreetness in jeopardy.

@Virgil

Stats and Equipment:

Spoiler

Level:  17
HP:  340
EN:  34
DMG:  7(Rapier Rank 4[+4], Rapier of Wrath[+2])

MIT: 24(Ombra del Corvo, Light Armor rank 1)

ACC: 2(Rapier of Wrath, Corvid's Eye)

EVA: 2(Ombra del Corvo, Corvid's Eye)

Items:

Rapier of Wrath(2 DMG, 1 ACC)

Ombra del Corvo(2 MIT, 1 EVA)

Corvid's Eye(1 ACC, 1 EVA)

Skills:

One handed Rapier Rank 4

Light Armor Rank 1(+5 Mitigation)

Edited by Dazia
Spoiler

Level: 1
HP: 20
EN: 2
DMG: 5 || ACC: 1 || EVA: 2

Skills:
» 2H Battle Ax - Rank 1

Equipped:
» <<Spirit's Scythe>> [Rare 2H Battle Ax [DMG // ACC]]
»  <<Ragged Cloak>> [Vanity Light Armor]
» <<Life Ring>> [Rare Ring [EVA/EVA]]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» (5) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)

"Excuse me, could you spare a moment?" 
Virgil stopped and turned to look down at the tiny child that had stopped him. She was well over a foot shorter than him and had whitish hair. Wait, people could have white hair? That was new to him. 
His scythe was dangling in his hand, the long blade facing inward and hovering around mid-calf height. The shaft went up through his hand and behind his back, reaching as high as his head. The ragged, layered grey cloak that reached just below waist length shifted a bit as he turned. Virgil looked down at the little girl for a moment. 
With a quick twist he turned to face the girl fully and squatted down, laying his scythe on the ground beside him. 
"Of course I can," he said with a genuine smile, "What is it? What do you need?" 

As it turned out, Virgil had a soft spot for children. Go figure, right? 

@Dazia

Dazia watched from a distance, hoping that she wouldn't be dragged over. Little did she know that her situation was about to worsen...

The player would ask Yinangi what it was that she needed, and she would get right down to it. She would access her photos and bring two of them up for viewing. "Me and my friend are searching for two players in particular, here are some pictures with the appearance they were last seen with. One is a bit of a shady character, the other one is a friend of an acquaintance, have you, by any chance, seen either of them?" She would ask.

Dazia hastily moved through the trees until she jumped down from the branches, in front of the two players. The cowl of her light armor was still on, so not every detail of her face could be seen. "You've already said far too much, Yinangi, come on, let's go." She explained. Yinangi stood firm on the ground. "No, I'm not going yet! We haven't finished talking! Come on, Dazia, lighten up!" Dazia sighed. "Sorry to bother you about this..." She would say to the player with the scythe.

@Virgil

(OOC: the characters mentioned, as well as shown in the images below, will not be present within the thread, as I do not want to needlessly endanger your character[unless you want to encounter one of them for rp only])

Image A:

Spoiler

1095096699_Cloakedcharacter.jpg.e7a79e97bfa33ce21c7b513c5e6c9f35.jpg

Image B:

Spoiler

1543122219_Screenshot2019-08-08at7_30_19PM.png.62da0ca0d1cbb5017ec761d8921951ac.png

Edited by Dazia

The small child brought out two photos; one of a well disguised player and the other of a more normal looking man. 
"Me and my friend are searching for two players in particular, here are some pictures with the appearance they were last seen with. One is a bit of a shady character, the other one is a friend of an acquaintance, have you, by any chance, seen either of them?" 
Virgil studied the photos closely. Neither of them looked familiar... 
"Sorry," he said, shaking his head, "I can't say I recognize either one." 
Before he could get anything else out a stranger burst down into the scene. A cowl obscured the player's face. Virgil's hand went to his scythe. 
"You've already said far too much, Yinangi, come on, let's go." 
The child stood there defiantly. 
"No, I'm not going yet! We haven't finished talking! Come on, Dazia, lighten up!" 
"Sorry to bother you about this..." 
Virgil stood up, weapon in hand despite his nonchalant stance. 
"No, not to worry. I'm only sorry I couldn't help," he told the new player, "I take it you two are together?" 
Virgil made sure he appeared as casual as possible, though he stayed on edge. He didn't want to take chances in this situation. 

@Dazia

Upon Dazia's appearance in the scene, the player would bring his hand to a scythe. "Figures that he would do that. Must have been the scenario...but a scythe? Why do people think scythes are even useful, anyway? They're not suited for combat, they're garden tools. In fantasy games, they're glorified garden tools; appealing to the eyes, yet impractical nevertheless." She thought. Despite that the player seemed to have calmed down somewhat, he still had his weapon in hand.

"No, not to worry. I'm only sorry I couldn't help, I take it you two are together?"

"As in working together, or traveling together? Yes." Dazia answered. "I intended for this operation to be discreet, for multiple reasons, so if you'l excuse us..." Of course, Dazia wouldn't get that chance. Yinangi still stood firm on the ground, and began to be the one pulling Dazia instead of vice versa! "No, we're not leaving!" She said defiantly. "I think you need to open up more, and potentially make more friends, which is something I think you need!" So that was the reason... this turn of events would surely continue to derail the original goal as time went on...

@Virgil

"As in working together, or traveling together? Yes." The cloaked player answered. Virgil let out some of the hidden tension in his body, but not nearly all of it. 
From the sound of the voice alone... A girl? I'd say that's a reasonable assumption. 
"I intended for this operation to be discreet, for multiple reasons, so if you'l excuse us..." she said, not-so-subtly ordering the smaller girl to leave with her. But the child, presumably Yinangi, actually started to pull the cloaked girl back toward Virgil. The scythe-holding man watched the new exchange, amused. 
"No, we're not leaving! I think you need to open up more, and potentially make more friends, which is something I think you need!" Yinangi said, sounding absolutely determined. 
Virgil let out a very quiet sigh. 
So I'm the potential friend, huh? You don't really get what that means, do you? 
"Er, sorry," he said, "Do you, ah... Do you want my help? I'll lend you what assistance I can," Virgil offered a slight smile and moved the scythe to rest on his shoulders. 
This should be a good way to gather more allies, Virgil thought inwardly, Hopefully I'm not stumbling into a trap. I should make a plan in case this is a trap... 
Virgil made sure not to show any signs of his concerned thoughts; by keeping a relaxed exterior he was hoping to get some more people on his side. 

@Dazia

To say that things were going well on Dazia's end would be a bald-faced lie. "She doesn't know what she's doing. For one, it seems that she doesn't know me well enough, for I'm not interested in having too many friends. How does she even know this player can be trusted, neither of us have met him, for all I know, he may be a killer's ally, or something like that! His cursor is green, so it's hard to place him as a killer..." She thought. 

"Er, sorry, Do you, ah... Do you want my help? I'll lend you what assistance I can,"

Both Dazia and Yinangi had something to say, and Yinangi would beat Dazia to the punch. "Sure! The more, the merrier!" She piped up. Dazia really disliked the position she was in. "No, no we d- Yinangi! I- argh, just come on." Once again, Dazia would try to pull Yinangi with her, but she stood her ground. Dazia would let out a light sigh. "You know, sometimes I worry about you." She stated. Yinangi would shrug her shoulders. "What if I said that I thought the same about you?" She asked Dazia, who didn't seem to thrilled about the response. "This is going to be a long evening..." She muttered.

@Virgil