[F03-SP] Second Boss Hunt <Search for the Hoya>

"Teleport Delilah," I said before it went white and for a second It was quiet, then bam there I was standing in the settlement of Delilah. Koga was there already waiting and I was not sure if he heard me from a second ago. Walking up to him I looked up at the time and nodded. "We got a bit of more time now, we don't want to be out when it gets dark tho," I said to him opening the book I had before and smiled as I read out of it. "So Forest of Wavering Mist is not that far from the settlement. Seeing as its name is Waving Mist, I'm suspecting it is made to make us look for it quite a long bit. Knowing that treants life in the forest who don't all act hostile but we can better prepare just to make sure." I said thinking about a maze I once went to and got stuck in because of my 'GREAT' sense of direction. Aaaah why did I think of that, I hate it. But still, I need to get this boss so let's hope the maze is not all to bad. I got quiet thinking of a way maybe a good way to make sure we could find out way back out of the maze. "Oh Sorry! I was thinking of something but yeah the Minotaurs, in a catacomb, it also says it drops an item for the party leader. If I don't need it you can have it." 

@Koga

Spoiler

STATS

Azhoda: 24
HP 480/480
EN 48/48
DMG 9
MIT 18
 ACC 1

SKILLS:

• Two-Handed Weapons THAS Rank 4
  • Parry
    • Reduces the final damage of the next successful attack against you by 50% (rounded down) and negates stun/paralysis effects of that attack. If you are targeted by multiple creatures on a single enemy turn, Parry will only apply to the first attack against you.

EQUIPT ITEMS

• Gliding Glaive (T1 THAS | Perfect | DMG 2, ACC 1 )
  • Silver Pads (T1 Heavy Armor | Rare | MIT 2 )
  • Empty
    • 5x  Standard Healing Potions (T1 Potion, Heals 50)
    • 2x  Vicious Dragon-Fang Potion (+3 Damage for a thread)
    • 1x Rhino's Horn (the First crit ignores 40% of MIT not granted by block)
    • Empty
    • Empty

SWORD ARTS

Rank 1

• [x1 AoE] Sonic Charge (1 Energy +2 per target hit) - A forward thrust which explodes energy at the end of the move.
  • [x2 Stun] Twin Thrust (5 Energy) - A pair of quick thrusts aimed at the user's knees to immobilize them.
  • [x2] Heft (2 Energy) - Lift the heavy end of the spear diagonally across your opponent from the ground, cutting their torso with the tip.

Rank 2

• [x3] Fatal Thrust (3 Energy) - A single powerful thrust.
  • [x4 AoE] Hellish Twice (4 Energy +2 per target hit) - A pair of alternating sweeping motions which damages multiple targets.
  • [x4] Mighty Charge (4 Energy) - Charge your opponent fiercely and impale them with your spearhead. Your opponent is then lifted up before being slammed into the ground from the momentum of your maneuver.

Rank 3

• [x5] Revolve Arts (5 Energy) - Two roundhouse kicks followed by two sweeping strokes, concluded with one final thrust.
  • [x6] Dancing Spear (6 Energy) - An acrobatic combo involving sweeps, pole vaulting with kicks and a concluding thrust.
  • [x6 AoE] Trip Expand (6 Energy +2 per target hit) - An attack with several 360 spinning attacks that cover a wide area.

Rank 4

• [x8 Stun] Divide (11 Energy)- A single vertical sweep after briefly spinning the spear which cuts straight up the middle of the enemy and finishes by striking the bottom of their jaw.
  • [x10] Vent Forth (11 Energy) - A five-hit skill that employs three spinning slashes, concluded with one final thrust which stuns the opponent

Edited by Azhoda
Spoiler

Koga
Level: 18
Health: 360
Energy: 36
DMG: 8 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Skills
>> Rank 1 Curved Sword
>> Rank 4 Katana
>> Rank 1 Familiar Mastery: Fighter
>> Rank 0 Survival

Equipment
>> Tier One Demonic Katana <<Jack's Kuiaratame>> [Burn // Blight // Cursed // Fallen]
>> 
Tier One Perfect Light Armor <<Shaded Coat>> [Evasion // Evasion // Regeneration]
>> Tier One Perfect Trinket <<Tearful Strands>> [Accuracy // Accuracy // Recovery]

Battle-Ready Inventory
>> [50 HP] Healing Potions (2)
>> [40 HP] Healing Potion (5)
>> [DMG +1] Damage Potion (1)
>> [+50 Temp. HP] Over-Health Potion (1)
>> Tier One Rare Consumable <<Cake>> [Protein // Protein] (1)

Koga had a menu up as Shion approached him. "We got a bit of more time now, we don't want to be out when it gets dark though," she told him, adding in that the denizens of the Forest shouldn't be too hostile. "After my last experience here with a Dark Elf and a Troll, I'm not going into that cursed forest without a stocked inventory," Koga said, already having checked his Battle-Ready Inventory to make sure they were fully stocked. Shion's thoughts seemed to drift away for a moment again. That seemed to be a fairly common thing with her, wasn't it? Eventually the woman came back to reality and apologized, "Oh Sorry! I was thinking of something but yeah the Minotaurs, in a catacomb, it also says it drops an item for the party leader. If I don't need it you can have it."
"Oh, well thanks. What's the item anyways?" the man asked before remembering what he'd been doing before Shion had arrived, "Oh right! Here, check this out." The Swordsman showed the red-haired woman his stats page. "Looks like I went up a few levels since we killed the Queen. Suppose I got you to thank for that," Koga said with a beaming smile. "I was wondering if you'd be okay if with me adding you to my friends list too."

@Azhoda

Koga told that he didn't like this forest, but I have to say it was really not that bad at all. Mainly because I never went into the forest at all, just leveled up around the edge. Still, I got into some trouble over time and got exhausted in the end that I collapsed down. "You know I just know it is an item right, I never have done this quest before. But if I don't need the quest you can have it," I said again a bit more direct and harsh, I felt like he didn't understand what I said to him about me wanting to do the field bosses. Hearing him speak up and thanking me for helping him to level up gave me a bit of pride to work with, "No worry, I got to level up as well, Soon I would need to have new items to make sure I'm getting better," I said to him tapping on my shoulder plates.

"You said you been to the forest before, maybe you could help us there. I have no idea where this maze is and it's said that even within the maze you could get lost for a good hour or so," I said to him pointing to the gate almost demanding him to move and lead the way to the forest. 

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 360/360 // Energy: 36/36 // DMG: 8 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

"You know I just know it is an item right, I never have done this quest before. But if I don't need the quest you can have it," Shion said rather pointedly. Wow, didn't take much to set her off, now did it? "Just thought I'd ask," the man said with a shrug, apparently unfazed. Wasn't like she hadn't been like this with him before.

"You said you been to the forest before, maybe you could help us there. I have no idea where this maze is and it's said that even within the maze you could get lost for a good hour or so," Azhoda said, pointing towards the gate, clearly itching to get moving. The man started to walk as he spoke, "Forest, yes, Labyrinth, no. No clue where the Labyrinth is or how to navigate it. Although, I do have an idea in that regard. Right-Hand Rule might work for us."

@Azhoda

Right-Hand rule, maybe it would work but what if your right side ends up being a loop then it would not work and you be stuck again. But for now, we should focus on getting to the forest. Knowing its enemies that moved around there, being bulls, Minotaurs Treants and elven. "Yeah, maybe for the best to just get to the forest first and find the maze, because you said you been there but not found it yet. So it should be deep into the forest then if we trying to find it at all." I said to them and looked at the map for a second. It would not take long for us to get there but still, I wanted to make sure we got there without getting attacked as this was a field boss so we may need all of our power to defeat the boss.

"I never been in a maze before but I guess you could guide and lead. It would not be that hard but well I am not the best with my coordination at all." I said looking at Koga a bit while my eyes spoke that I was a bit scared even tho I didn't know how to be scared at all.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 360/360 // Energy: 36/36 // DMG: 8 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Even if Koga didn't know it, he and Shion shared the same concerns. If they got stuck in a loop that happened to not be attached to a wall, they wouldn't be able to make it out of the labyrinth that way. Maybe bread crumbs might work? But knowing the system, those would probably disappear after some amount of time, so even that wasn't a guarantee. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that though.

Koga nodded in agreement with Azhoda. Right, find the maze first, find their way out of the maze second. Shion mentioned she'd never been in a maze before, and when Koga looked into her eyes he saw...fear? That was unsettling...Shion didn't seem like the kind of person to get scared easily. "We'll be fine," Koga assured her, "we're both smart, and hey, you never know, maybe the dev's forgot to turn off the map while we're in there." Yeah, fat chance of that...but it sure as hell would make things easier.

@Azhoda

Alright Maybe Koga was right, Maybe I needed to calm down nothing can happen after all. We both are quite a good level here and that would not make it much of a trouble. "Your right, we can probably get out of it without much trouble and says it now, but I believe the boss will not be hard at all as we both getting some good damage out on him," I said, to feel my confidence grown again. Nodding my head as we walked into the forest and a low mist came in as well, at least it was not as bad as it was on floor 1 when that mist hit me and the nepent making fighting really horrible. Thinking about it, I never really asked that Koga's build was and never really went into much of asking it as well, "Hey Koga... Out of the blue, what kind of build are you planning to follow, as you use a katana right now, and you deal quite a bit of damage to thing, But where do you want to go to with your skills," I said kind of wondering a bit as I have been with him for a half a day now.

@Koga

Spoiler

Did...did Shion just say Koga was right? She did, didn't she? If Koga knew her better, and was sure that she wouldn't try to kill him, he'd have made a sarcastic comment on the point, but, he liked having his head attached to his shoulders. The man was very attached to his head. "Yeah, I'm sure we'll be fine. Worst comes to worst, we can always try to break down the labyrinth walls," the man said with in a joking manner.

On the pooint of what kind of build Koga was going for, Koga was more than happy to share. "Evasion Tank/DPS hybrid build," he said with a grin, "You can't kill what you can't hit, and I've always been quick on my feet, so I figured that was good way to go. Plus, I have a younger sister, and I always looked out for her. And that kinda became a desire to protect people in general. So tanking just seemed to make sense. Well, that and apparently I'm just really good at drawing aggro. And then, given that I'm usually a solo player, I gotta kill things, so I buffed my damage. Hence, Evasion Tank/DPS." As Koga finished talking, he realized he had no real clue what Azhoda's build was. He'd guessed Tank at first, but looking at what she had equipped, it seemed like DPS was more likely. But in reality, he had no idea. "Speaking of builds, what are you going for Shio-?"

Koga's question was cut short as the man walked face first into a wall. Ow....who the hell puts a wall in the middle of a forest?! Oh...wait...Koga looked at whatever it was he'd just walked into...yup, that was a Labyrinth alright. That just begged the question of where the Minotaur was...

@Azhoda

• 2 weeks later...

Tank and DPS, um help what did most of these terms mean. I never really got into this sort of stuff but um well I guess I can see what he says. Evasion was known to me, just be fast and your good, So Koga wanted to get attention and be fast he should probably get some armor soon then. And DPS um... well um well, I don't know but I think he means damage or something. Thinking about it Koga pulled the question back on to me, well I could have seen this coming and smiled, "I advise you to watch-" I paused and I already saw it coming as I got a bit behind Koga here now, "Watch out for the wall," I said to him getting a small laugh out as well. Oh wow, its the first time I laughed at someone for doing something dumb, last time I remember was then a co-worker hit his head against the wing of the glider.

I stood next to him as he realized we got the labyrinth but I was a bit worried he was okay, laying a hand on his back I looked him on the face inspecting it, "Are you alright?" I asked touching his face a bit as I held his chin and turned it, being oblivious to what I was doing. Wait... Shion you are dumb, you can't get hurt in the game, I thought and let go of his face. "Just wanted to make sure," I said to him and got back on track.

"Ah yes you asked about my build as well, Currently, I'm trying to do as much damage with my spear, and maybe later on try and help out people with buffs and stuff," I said leading us to the entrance of his maze. It was really not hard as I could see the catacomb from above the walls. "So you coming or not," I said to him.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga could hear Shion laughing lightly behind him as he stood up. The man felt a hand on his back and soon Shion was standing in front of him, holding his head as she looked over him carefully for any injuries. The man could feel his ears growing hot as she moved him around. "I-I'm fine," he stuttered. "Don't worry about me. I'm pretty thick-headed." The woman released him and stepped back, starting to guide them into the maze. Koga quietly let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. He wasn't quite used to...whatever it was that had just happened. Not that it had necessarily been a bad thing.

"Ah yes you asked about my build as well, Currently, I'm trying to do as much damage with my spear, and maybe later on try and help out people with buffs and stuff," the flame-haired woman said, pulling Koga back out from within his mind. "Oh, so, uh, DPS right? Kinda had you pegged for that." The man hurried along as Shion scolded him for lagging behind. "I'm comin', I'm comin'."

@Azhoda

Right, then Left, straight... Left again, Um... Straight, right, left. Keep going for a bit more and let's hope we get there. Um now we got here Left, straight, hit the wall and go right here, Then we should be close to the other side of this maze. I got quiet as I was trying to remember the way in my head, It was clearly not hard but getting into and out of this maze without hitting a dead end was gonna be something. Sh*t First dead end... Alright, retrace my steps. So don't go right to go left on this wall and then right left and straight.

Alright, I feel confident about this. As I walked with Koga behind me holding my spear, on the other hand, I kept quiet trying to keep the road in my head. then before I knew it I entered an open field with a sort building in the middle. "So this must be it, Inside is a item once we get that we may need to fight a Minotaurs as there are two guarding this place." Saying this I looked around for a second to see any sign of any enemies but not yet at least. "Alright, Let's go in and see if we can get that item and the minotaurs," I said to Koga with a burning passion in my eyes.

@Koga

Combat Ends

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 360/360 // Energy: 29/36 (36 -7) // DMG: 8 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1
Azhoda: HP: 480/480 || EN: 48/48 || DMG: 9 || MIT: 18 ||  ACC: 1

Hoya Minotaur: HP: 0/45 (45 -70) || DMG: 30 >>DEAD<<
ID: 133865
Sword Art: Zekkai [x7]
BD: 9 (7 +2) >>Fallen +2<<
DMG: 10 x7 -0 = 70

The pair trekked onwards, and sideways, and backwards through the Labyrinth. Normally, Koga did a prtty good job of keeping track of his surroundings. In this? The man was utterly lost. Well, sort of. He knew the general direction they were going in, and when they were moving further into the maze. But if it was the right way, he had no clue. Thankfully, Azhoda managed to get them through to the center. "Sounds easy enough. Let's not die." Was all the man had to say, his own self-assured smirk plastered across his face.

The pair started moving towards the  stacked stone building. The sound of a sword being drawn quietly sat just beneath the rustling of leaves. "So uh...I thought these Minotaurs were supposed to defend the trea-"

An enraged howl echoed through the clearing as the ground rumbled with heavy footsteps. The Minotaur had arrived. 

"Nevermind."

Koga dashed forward, dodging beneath a diagonal chop from the Minotaur's axe. The man pushed up off the ground, spinning slightly as his blade cleaved into Minotaur's chest. A moment later. The Minotaur burst into blue fragments. Koga looked around, expecting something else to appear. When nothing else did, the man looked at Shion in confusion. "That was it?"

@Azhoda

Edited by Koga

Holding my spear in my right hand I walked ahead for a bit until Koga spoke, Where should he be. It was weird how the minotaurs did not spawn yet or how it was seemed to be very quiet. "Let me look something up," I said opening the menu and looking at something. My eyes went from sentence to sentence reading information up about this. Then I opened my map and looked at something, But before I was done looking up I saw the minotaurs storm Koga and with one Attack Koga killed it.

My face, you should have seen it, No fear, no reaction, Nothing at all. I just stared at Koga and tilted my head a bit as trying to understand what just happened. I snapped my fingers closing the map, "Done, now to find that item," I said to Koga with a smile as I walked from behind passing him, As I passed him I gripped his arm and took him with me more into the hall until we came to an open door, probably where the minotaurs came from.

"Alright so in we go, get the item and out, There are two of those things so if we run into one again we just poke it and it falls over," I said to him dragging him more into the door and into an open area where in the middle of the room stood a small pedestal. Letting go of his hand I walked over to him and a pop-up showed up,  "Do you accept the Gift?" it asked and without hesitation, I clicked on yes. "I'll look at it once we are outside the labyrinth. Now just retrace our steps and we get out easy," I said sounding a bit hyper and joyful, fully just skipping over the fact that we one-shotted a so-called 'Field Boss'.

@Koga

Spoiler

Koga: HP: 360/360 // Energy: 31/36 (29 +2) // DMG: 8 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

Azhoda had been looking something up when the Minotaur had first appeared. Now that a dusting of blue fragments snowed down around him, she finally looked up at the man. Blank faced, head slightly tilted, it was as if Shion was still processing what had just happened. In fact, what did just happen? Was that it? Was that all the 'field boss' had to offer? Apparently so. Azhoda grabbed Koga's arm and started dragging him into the temple with a surprised shout from him.

In the temple, a small pedestal stood in the center, a beam of sunlight illuminating it perfectly. Only in video games. Shion, without hesitation, walked up to the plinth, accepted the gift, and already they were on their way out again. "I don't wanna jinx us yet, since we're not out of the woo-...the maze yet, but...that was pretty damn easy," Koga said as he followed the woman out again. Back to the Maze. Hopefully without getting lost. Because, damn, Koga was starting to get hungry...

@Azhoda

Okay now next retrace our steps, it would be easy right. My head was not full of combat from before and my map made in my mind was still clear for sure. So what was it again. Right, Left, Straight, Left, Straight, right, left, left, straight, hit the wall and go, right, left and straight. That should be it. I was sure of it. Following what my mind was set too I grabbed Koga's arm and took him behind him as I walked into the mace repeating to myself the map in my head. I got quiet as we walked passed familiar walls. Yep then here the dead-end and straight to the right.

It took a bit but then BAM mist came up and it seemed just on time as the maze was just completed by us. "Yes!" I said low forgetting I dragged Koga on his arm. Finally noticing, I let go of him and turn to him as more mist came in. "Well from here I believe it just follows the map. From there we can just get into town and plan our next step, if you want you can ask me questions or come up with an idea of what to talk about I guess," I said taking the lead back to the settlement.

@Koga

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Koga: HP: 360/360 // Energy: 31/36 (29 +2) // DMG: 8 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // BRN: 12 // BLT: 12 // FALN: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

It should no longer surprise Koga when Az would unceremoniously grab him by the arm and start yanking him in some direction or another. And yet, it somehow did. The woman practically dragged the poor man along as she guided them back out of the maze, and out of the near claustrophobia inducing walls of the maze. Koga had to admit he was kind of impressed with the woman. He wasn't entirely sure that he'd have been able to guide them out on the first shot with as few errors as she had.

The woman let out a cheer as they exited the maze. "Hell yeah!" Koga exclaimed in turn, "Minotaurs and mazes ain't no match for us, huh?" Anyways, time to get back to the settlement. And to food. "Yeah, let's hurry up and get back to town. I could use some food. Anyways, what's the next boss we're hunting down then? Or have you met your quota of plebs to help now?"

@Azhoda

As soon as Koga mentions Food my stomach starts to growl, I stop in my movement and look at my stomach and hold it, "Hehe..." I do a bit awkward. Sure I may be strong but I really don't know how to handle my own body at all. "Well food sounds good I could use some by now I guess," I said still holding my stomach as we walked for a bit. As we where walking I turned to Koga. "Hey... Um... Koga, It may sound weird but you may be one of the few people that can stand me," I said looking down to the ground for a second. "I really happy you wanted to come with me," I may do not say it but I really was thankful for him coming with me and that he wanted to help me level up more.

I took a deep breath and nodded, a moment of weakness was pushed away by my pride and determination as my eyes began to burn with passion. "We are getting stronger together if we keep going like this, soon both of use are at the frontline and fighting against the floor bosses," I said holding one hand into a fist, you could clearly see the upbeat and power radiation of me Then at that moment of power my stomach growled again and that moment was gone as I slumped my head down. Darn my only weakness, My own body.

@Koga

• 3 months later...

Continued as SP

saying goodbye to Koga as he got a message from someone that he was needed to be elsewhere I went on and was walking to the town. It was really quite a long time that I met someone who wanted to be strong as me, It was good to see that some people really want to try and prove they can earn my respect. even if I was not the nicest person you could ever meet around here, I did care for people and what they did. But the world has shown me that people are just dumb and act on something they should not act on. I didn't understand it at all why people wanted that and or why people even did it. But I was for sure of one thing... I need food right about now and I kind of need it fast. 

Thinking of it made me even more hungry for sure, how long has it been that I went out and got food. maybe a day or so, I don't know. But I knew for sure that right now I could see the town and getting food was at the top of my list and I kind of wanted it.

Getting into the town I let my nose do the leading going off from the smell of food. It was nice to get something into my stomach for real and maybe after this I could go hunt down on floor four, who knows maybe I need to do some shopping while I get to floor four as its not the best place to hang out with my current equipment as it was all snow. As I was thinking about it I came up with an idea, I needed to get stronger and I had some items that would help me with this and for sure I was going to gain quite a bit of level from this. I knew that the floor bosses around here were going to be interesting and I was more sure it was going to be easy until I met the floor boss from a higher floor. but as my nose was guiding me I seemed to come upon a store where they sell some food. It seemed quite nice for sure and I entered to get food as fast as I could. I ordered the food and went to a table waiting for a bit.

My food came as I ordered it, it seemed nice for sure. Some sort of beef with potatoes. I never really had something like this but I felt like it was going to be nice. While eating I pulled up my notes on my scouting missions I did on the different field bosses around. The next field boss on my list was on floor four. A frozen and cold floor for sure, and the field monster itself was some sort of ice thing creature. So I knew that with one good hit the monster would fall down and be defeated if I could at least get my win in it and gain more levels as I go. I was thinking about it as I was eating my food, quite nice and well joyful I was sitting there eating. My face seemed to change a bit every time I took a bit as it became relaxed and calm. But soon that would change as I was going to need and defeat the monster on floor four. Make it an ice sculpture out of it. 

Thread Summary:

@Koga: 4 SP
Azhoda: 400 Col, 4 SP, Hoya of Minos | 2 SP Quest, 1 SP full-page, 1 SP quarantine

Edited by Azhoda